Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,997
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#413854 Jan 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
This post only shows YOUR lack of character. You, of course, could never be considered a bigot, ignorant or jealous.:):):)
Wipe the venom from your chin, it's dripping off your fangs.

Oh, and you're also dishonest since you don't sign your posts.
Tsk, tsk, batting a thousand there, KayMarie....

;)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413855 Jan 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of darkness....
"Another part of Pentecostalism’s dark side is rampant sexual and financial scandals. From early Pentecostal leader Charles Parham to Aimee Semple McPherson to Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart, the movement has been wracked by charges of misconduct, many of which have been substantiated by investigators.
In recent days a new scandal has been brewing over the conduct of Atlanta-based megachurch pastor Earl Paulk. Allegedly the Pentecostal bishop-pastor of the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit engaged in sex with several parishioners over a period of years. One accuser claims that he told her sex with him was necessary to revitalize his ministry and that he also lured her to engage in sex with a visiting pastor. Another woman brought a lawsuit claiming Paulk had sex with her when she was a teenager. Although Paulk has denied such charges and so far no verdicts have been delivered, the number and weight of the accusations add to the impression that not only Paulk but Pentecostalism has a problem with scandals.
Other Christian movements have suffered similar scandals, but Pentecostalism seems particularly rife with them. Insiders know some of the reasons. Deeply embedded within the Pentecostal movement’s ethos is a cult of personality; charismatic leaders are put on pedestals above accountability and are often virtually worshiped by many of their followers.
Too few courses in basic ethics are required in Pentecostal colleges (perhaps because many Pentecostals, especially older ones, assume that being Spirit-filled guarantees right behavior), and too many pastors handle the churches’ money and travel alone without having to account for their whereabouts or activities. It’s the movement’s own dirty little secret: sexual promiscuity and financial misconduct are rampant within its ranks, and little is done about this unless a scandal becomes public.
Several Pentecostal denominations have instituted policies to handle cases of pastoral moral turpitude and financial misconduct, but they have found those policies hard to enforce. At least one Pentecostal denomination has a policy that forbids investigation of charges that are more than five years old. One can only wonder why the leaders decided on that limit."
http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.as...
~~~

Sin is Sin no mater who commits it.

It is just that this topix forum is about the Roman Catholic Church..

The BANNER READS..

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

THE ABOVE CLAIM IS AN INSULT TO ALL REAL CHRISTIANS ON EARTH..

IT ENCOURAGES all OTHER CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATIONS
TO
CHALLENGE,

EXPOSE

MAGNIFY AND

AMPLIFY

ALL OF IT'S UNGODLINESS.

If you ROMAN CATHOLICS don't like the flack,...

remove the BANNER AND THE CHALLENGE WILL GO AWAY.

THE SOLUTION IS VERY SIMPLE...REMOVE THE LYING CHALLENGE

IF YOU KEEP THE CHALLENGE BEFORE US...

THEN IT IS AN AXIOM

YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES... AND DEFEND YOUR CLAIM.
preston

Waverly, OH

#413856 Jan 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"One of the most extreme cases of clergy sex abuse in U.S. history involved a Pentecostal minister named Tony Leyva, who molested several hundred boys in the 1980s, Jenkins said. But few Americans have heard of Leyva"
Interesting. Thank you for the link, Anthony.
not all denominations have this problem.reggie.

our BIGGEST scandal was a minister who was caught buying Porn, he was replaced immediately, By my good friend Roy.

how he was caught, I dont know the particulars. but one thing that I did realize that one time I heard him and he was a great orator, the next time, something was wrong, and I mentioned it to my sister, and she told me the reason

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#413857 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I listed this previously, for you, on June 5th, however we as Catholics ALL KNOW that you'd rather rely on your distorted and confused "personal opinion" --as the "final authority" by rejecting the TRUTH when it is put in front of you! You, like other, Protestants, who are in "denial of the truth" need to have the TRUTH of biblical and historical church history and TRUTH of Jesus Christs ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH consistently repeated to you over and over and over again, until MAYBE---JUST MAYBE---it MIGHT sink in!! AGAIN--here is a partial list of your 42,000+(beginning with the A's) conflicting and contradicting "mish-mash" of inconsistent "SELF INTERPRETING" denominations since the beginning of the Reformation:
1.Luther
2.Zwingli
3.Knox
4.Wesley
5.Huss
6.Cromwell
7.Wycliff
8.(Beginning with the A's
Advent Christian Church
Advent Christian Conference
Advent Christian Conference of Japan
Adventist Church
Adventists of the True Remnant
Africa Christian network
Africa Evangelical Church
Africa Evangelical Church of Malawi
Africa Gospel Church
Africa Gospel Unity Church
Africa Inland Church
African Apostolic Church of Johane Maranke
African Apostolic Church of Johane Masowe
African Apostolic Church of Nigeria & Benin
African Apostolic Church St Simon & St Johane
African Apostolic Faith Mission
African Assemblies of God
African Baptist Assembly Malawi
African Born Full Gospel Apostolic Ch
African Brotherhood Church
African Catholic Church
African Christian Church & Schools
African Christians Fellowship
African Church
African Church Mission
African Church of Jesus Christ in Kenya
African Church of the Holy Spirit
African Church The
African Congregational Church
African Covenant Church
African Disciples of Christ
African Divine Church
African Evangelical Presbyterian Ch
African Faith Tabernacle Church
African Free Presb Church of Zimbabwe
African Full Gospel Church
African Gospel Church
African Holy Zionist Church
African Independent Church of Kenya
African Independent Pentecostal Church of Africa
African Interior Church
African Methodist Church in Zimbabwe
African Methodist Episcopal Church
African Methodist Episcopal Zion Ch
African Mission of Holy Ghost Church
African National Church
African National/International Church.....
55.- 41,992 The rest of the A's through Z
41,993. Confrinting
41,994. Orville
41,995. 4GVN
41,996. OLDJG
41,997. justachristian1
41,998. New Age
41,999. Marge
42,000. Whomever on this forum that we missed
ALL 42,000+ "half-truth' Christian denominations are contradictory to each other, conflicting to each other, and inconsistent with each other. ALL 42,000+ rely on "personal opinion" hodge-podge of beliefs and ALL have their own "self appointed popes and rely upon "inventing and creating" their own "modernistic" RELATIVE truth-- which is "predicated upon" and determined by "whichever way the political or social wind blows"---- all, many or some supporting ABORTION, GAY MARRIAGE, EMBROYONIC STEM CELL RESEARCH, EUTHENASIA, HOMOSEXUALITY, WOMAN MINISTERS, and on and on and on.
The "total reliance and basis" of EVERY ONE these 42,000+ Protestant beliefs, is to aggressively attack, THE TRUTH and to judge and condemn over 2000 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. EVERY ONE of these 42,000+ Protestant beliefs CANNOT exist or "stand on their own beliefs" WITHOUT criticizing the TRUTH OF HISTORY, by "self opinionating" the TRUTH OF THE TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible in 397AD and without spreading their "hate and hostility" toward Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS Historically and biblically PROVEN---- ONE TRUE CHURCH---(the bride of Christ) v
You freakshow....you spew 4000 words of garbage. Truth is dispensed in few words. There are too many stupid fools on this site. I am highly intelligent and have difficulty LOWERING myself to your level of intellect. Say FEW words, if you wish to communicate with the educated. Truth is less.
truth

Perth, Australia

#413858 Jan 7, 2013
Last judge will wait them.
I hope.

How many father and mother play as wicket with own children soul..first couple mounts until baby become alive..they are killers..then..did you know why they play?
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#413859 Jan 7, 2013
Friday, December 7, 2012
Sex Abuse is a Bigger Problem With Protestants? You don't say?

Edit: just found this excerpt from Leonard Alt who commented on it and we think he raises an excellent point about the abuse hoax which keeps getting swept under the rug, enjoy and please reuse this information the next time you're confronted by people who still mistakenly think this is primarily a Catholic problem:

I apologize to my Protestant friends who do get it; this is not for you.This is for the few Protestants who don’t know the facts and then make unfair cheap shots at the Catholic Church.

ROGER ASKED A GOOD QUESTION: IF the Catholic Church was the REAL CHURCH... Why do they PERMIT... Priests & Bishops.... TO MOLEST CHILDREN...?

LENNY ASKS A GOOD QUESTION AS WELL: If the Protestant Churches were the REAL CHURCH…Why do they PERMIT…Protestant ministers & deacons TO MOLEST CHILDREN… and then criticize Catholics when Protestants have a larger problem in their own churches?
http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/search/la...
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#413860 Jan 7, 2013
I have to admit I was surprised at a few of my Protestant friends who still wanted to stand in judgment of the Catholic Church even after they learned there was a bigger problem in Protestant Christianity. They are acting like modern day Pharisees pointing out the sin of others while not acknowledging their own.

“The Pharisee took up his position and spoke this prayer to himself,,“O God, I thank you that I am not like the rest of humanity—greedy, dishonest, adulterous –or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week, and I pay tithe on my whole income”(Lk 18:11-12).

The Evangelicals were busy confessing the sin of Catholics rather than their own sin.

But why do they do it when Jesus spoke against this?
http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/search/la...
truth

Perth, Australia

#413861 Jan 7, 2013
Who is biggest killer without any church?

Mr and Mrs Abort.
psalm 139
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413862 Jan 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"One of the most extreme cases of clergy sex abuse in U.S. history involved a Pentecostal minister named Tony Leyva, who molested several hundred boys in the 1980s, Jenkins said. But few Americans have heard of Leyva"
Interesting. Thank you for the link, Anthony.
I'm sorry that it had to come to this, but I knew once they realized their theological arguments were used up they needed to go the sex abuse route. Now that they know it's a two-edged sword they have nothing left.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#413863 Jan 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Friday, December 7, 2012
Sex Abuse is a Bigger Problem With Protestants? You don't say?
Edit: just found this excerpt from Leonard Alt who commented on it and we think he raises an excellent point about the abuse hoax which keeps getting swept under the rug, enjoy and please reuse this information the next time you're confronted by people who still mistakenly think this is primarily a Catholic problem:
I apologize to my Protestant friends who do get it; this is not for you.This is for the few Protestants who don’t know the facts and then make unfair cheap shots at the Catholic Church.
ROGER ASKED A GOOD QUESTION: IF the Catholic Church was the REAL CHURCH... Why do they PERMIT... Priests & Bishops.... TO MOLEST CHILDREN...?
LENNY ASKS A GOOD QUESTION AS WELL: If the Protestant Churches were the REAL CHURCH…Why do they PERMIT…Protestant ministers & deacons TO MOLEST CHILDREN… and then criticize Catholics when Protestants have a larger problem in their own churches?
http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/search/la...
So who will get to hell first?
You guys have been arguing about this for years.
Anyone winning yet?
Romans 3:23
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#413864 Jan 7, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>not all denominations have this problem.reggie.
our BIGGEST scandal was a minister who was caught buying Porn, he was replaced immediately, By my good friend Roy.
how he was caught, I dont know the particulars. but one thing that I did realize that one time I heard him and he was a great orator, the next time, something was wrong, and I mentioned it to my sister, and she told me the reason
Sorry, but all do have the problem, Preston. You just don't know about it, or your particular local community is too new and too small to have been affected by it yet. But I can guarantee you that your denomination is not immune. The problem is as old as time.
truth

Perth, Australia

#413865 Jan 7, 2013


conciseness
its your leaders mum and dad

its all around your leaders
what ever you make with your mind and hand..
that's right
its sin
sin
biggest sin
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413867 Jan 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Sin is Sin no mater who commits it.
It is just that this topix forum is about the Roman Catholic Church..
The BANNER READS..
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
THE ABOVE CLAIM IS AN INSULT TO ALL REAL CHRISTIANS ON EARTH..
IT ENCOURAGES all OTHER CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATIONS
TO
CHALLENGE,
EXPOSE
MAGNIFY AND
AMPLIFY
ALL OF IT'S UNGODLINESS.
If you ROMAN CATHOLICS don't like the flack,...
remove the BANNER AND THE CHALLENGE WILL GO AWAY.
THE SOLUTION IS VERY SIMPLE...REMOVE THE LYING CHALLENGE
IF YOU KEEP THE CHALLENGE BEFORE US...
THEN IT IS AN AXIOM
YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES... AND DEFEND YOUR CLAIM.
Pentecostalism's rapant sexual abuses and financial scandals are what's being discussed now.

I have many, many more articles to post if you want to go that route you old fraud.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413868 Jan 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that it had to come to this, but I knew once they realized their theological arguments were used up they needed to go the sex abuse route. Now that they know it's a two-edged sword they have nothing left.
~~~

Sin is Sin no mater who commits it.

It is just that this topix forum is about the Roman Catholic Church..

The BANNER READS..

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

THE ABOVE CLAIM IS AN INSULT TO ALL REAL CHRISTIANS ON EARTH..

IT ENCOURAGES all OTHER CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATIONS
TO
CHALLENGE,

EXPOSE

MAGNIFY AND

AMPLIFY

ALL OF IT'S UNGODLINESS.

If you ROMAN CATHOLICS don't like the flack,...

remove the BANNER AND THE CHALLENGE WILL GO AWAY.

THE SOLUTION IS VERY SIMPLE...REMOVE THE LYING CHALLENGE

IF YOU KEEP THE CHALLENGE BEFORE US...

THEN IT IS AN AXIOM

YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES... AND DEFEND YOUR CLAIM.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#413869 Jan 7, 2013
"The world may never understand our polity."1 With those seven words, the Southern Baptist Convention’s top official invoked Baptist identity, cast Baptists against the secularism of "the world," and used religious doctrine to defend the denomination’s do-nothing response to the problem of predatory clergy who sexually violate the young and vulnerable. His statements were met with rousing applause from the rally of over seven thousand Baptist believers

At the end of 2008, TIME magazine named the Southern Baptist Convention’s rejection of a clergy sex-abuser database as one of the "top 10 underreported news stories" of the year.3 It was on the same "top 10" list with stories about the deadly conflict in Sri Lanka and the civil war in the Congo. So, the story of Baptist do-nothingness on clergy sex abuse was a story that kept dreadful company.

With a claimed membership of over sixteen million, the Southern Baptist Convention has a population the size of Chile and is the largest Protestant denomination in the United States.4 It has over 101,000 clergy;5 yet it has no effective system of oversight for them.

http://www.stopbaptistpredators.org/documents...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413870 Jan 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that it had to come to this, but I knew once they realized their theological arguments were used up they needed to go the sex abuse route. Now that they know it's a two-edged sword they have nothing left.
God's justice caught up with Leyva, as it will with others. He died at about 59 years from skin cancer.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#413871 Jan 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that it had to come to this, but I knew once they realized their theological arguments were used up they needed to go the sex abuse route. Now that they know it's a two-edged sword they have nothing left.
I know you didn't want to, Anthony, but you did nothing wrong. The articles and statistics are very enlightening. I tend to use the Stop Baptist Predators site as they have an old and quite large problem of covering up and transferring guilty ministers. I've given the links to Kay many times, but she's never read a single one.

I've never seen such ugliness as that exhibited by those two...I can't even think of a word for them...as DS said, they're barely human. Can you imagine the gall of her saying that they put God first? Good Lord! Clay has the right idea...just leave them alone to dig their own hole straight to hell.
truth

Perth, Australia

#413872 Jan 7, 2013
they want burn me..
did they are
http://www.google.com.au/search...
its not hot
loving Power hold me..
I know judge who judge me.
I know who reject me.
http://www.google.com.au/search...
thanks for mouse
thanks for snake
thanks for fire
thanks for water
''soul which can't died''
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyy
preston

Waverly, OH

#413873 Jan 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but all do have the problem, Preston. You just don't know about it, or your particular local community is too new and too small to have been affected by it yet. But I can guarantee you that your denomination is not immune. The problem is as old as time.
our denomination was started around 1858 or there about. and we probably have more churches in the state of Ohio than your catholic churches. in our county alone, you have ONE small catholic church with around 45 people more or less(with no full time pastor) and our church in the same town has around a membership of 350.

and less face the facts, you cant keep this behavior a secret for very long, and our denomination has a zero tolerance level when it comes to sin, in the pulpit or out of it. that is why it is called a"holiness denomination".

and I can and would tell you if this ever happened in our churches, I have nothing to hide and I wouldnt hide sin for any person.

BTW, no half catholic babies, it looks like. they broke up with justin going away for two years. and he is mad at me, kinda, since I called him a big dummy on facebook. I take her side and that makes him even madder
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#413874 Jan 7, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
So who will get to hell first?
You guys have been arguing about this for years.
Anyone winning yet?
Romans 3:23
Maybe you will.

Yes, I can think of one who *is* winning, actually.
Too bad the others don't realize it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Mr Sir 8,541
Voices: In Cuba, a new church, a ray of hope Thu Dan Winchester 3
Pope pushes back at creationists Thu SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Wed ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Oct 29 kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Oct 29 tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Oct 27 Atheist Silurist 23

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE