Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,441
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413797 Jan 7, 2013
Correction: has or is producing...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413798 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your life is so tiny. Haven't you got any NEW MATERIAL?
BUSTED!
The "material"doesn't change! That is because the "truth" has, is and will continue to "remain the same", as it has, and will continue to remain the same, from over 2000 years
Ask the 42,000+ contradicting and conflicting Protestants. They have "new material" every "five minutes". That's why there are over 42,000 different denominations that "can't agree on anything" accept attacking, condemning and passing their "personal opinion" judgment against us Catholics and against Jesus Christ and His One True Church.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413799 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO:
If you went to confession and told the priest that you stole a bicycle. I am sure the priest hearing your confession would tell you to do the right thing and return the bicycle to the rightful owner. Right?....and say 5 hail marys and 4 our fathers.
If priests hear the confession (I don't believe they do) of another priest, and this priest tells the confessional priest he sexually molested a young boy, wouldn't the priest hearing the confession advice this priest to do the right thing? Go to the authorities tell them what you did, and go to the victims family expressing remorse? RIGHT?
NEVER HAPPENED ONCE!......but I am sure lots of bicycles have been returned.
don't give me positive judgies.... I have lots, just respond rationally if you can.
Michael--your mind is so "scrambled" with anti-catholic vengeance and hatred that (for you) everything that comes out of your mouth is "extreme, overblown, exaggerated nonsense. What is this garbage "NEVER HAPPENED ONCE!" How do you know it NEVER HAPPENED ONCE! No wonder nobody believes "anything you say" when you make (outrageous) ridiculous statements like this!!!Just like the anti-catholic exaggerated "trash sources" you come up with. By the way, do you work for a "sanitation company"! You sure know how to come up with "piles of trash" articles!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413800 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC is like a stopped watch.
Perfect at times, but very rarely, usually by accident -- and no one knows when it's perfect and when it's not.
Soooooooo profound.
Know how to clean up the scandals in the church?

Remove all the male clerics including the pope. Make them all women. No woman would with any authority would EVER allow a child to be harmed. If all the priests were women there would be no abuse scandals on young children. If all the cardinals and the pope were women, there would be no money laundering scandals as I have never heard of a woman involved in any such thing.

Let the people pick the pope and the cardinals, and if they have a bad report card, out they go. God would approve.

Pick a womans name? Any name, lets just call her REGINA. A woman named REGINA would be POPE REGINA Ist.

Pick only beautiful women, that would get attention of the male followers and church attendance would rise dramatically.

WIN WIN for everyone including the image of the church.....a no brainer.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413801 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space:
Whenever a molesting priest went to confession and told the confessional priest that he had buggered a child, wouldn't the confessional priest ADVISE the molesting priest to do the right thing, and go to authorities, and to apologize to the victims family? Right?
HOW DO YOU KNOW that a molesting priests never apologize to their victims!----HELLO-----There must be something mentally and emotionally wrong with you to continue down this "twisted and perverted road" of yours ---saying it NEVER HAPPENED ONCE. over-blown, exaggerated, unproven, distorted opinions of yours ---saying "anything" to keep your hostility (heated up) against Jesus Christ and His one True Catholic Church.

DOUBLE BUSTED!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413802 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO:
If you went to confession and told the priest that you stole a bicycle. I am sure the priest hearing your confession would tell you to do the right thing and return the bicycle to the rightful owner. Right?....and say 5 hail marys and 4 our fathers.
If priests hear the confession (I don't believe they do) of another priest, and this priest tells the confessional priest he sexually molested a young boy, wouldn't the priest hearing the confession advice this priest to do the right thing? Go to the authorities tell them what you did, and go to the victims family expressing remorse? RIGHT?
NEVER HAPPENED ONCE!......but I am sure lots of bicycles have been returned.
don't give me positive judgies.... I have lots, just respond rationally if you can.
You continue to prove over and over again that you could "care less" about the truth of "anything"regarding the CAtholic
Church. You, Michael, habitually "throw out anything" on this forum that is anti-catholic---hoping that "something sticks"!---of which it "never" does!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413803 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael--your mind is so "scrambled" with anti-catholic vengeance and hatred that (for you) everything that comes out of your mouth is "extreme, overblown, exaggerated nonsense. What is this garbage "NEVER HAPPENED ONCE!" How do you know it NEVER HAPPENED ONCE! No wonder nobody believes "anything you say" when you make (outrageous) ridiculous statements like this!!!Just like the anti-catholic exaggerated "trash sources" you come up with. By the way, do you work for a "sanitation company"! You sure know how to come up with "piles of trash" articles!!
Answer my QUESTION?

If you stole a bicycle and told a priest in the confessional, the priest would tell you to return the bike, tell the person you stole it from that you were sorry, before you were absolved for your sin.

If a priest molested a child and went to a priest for confession, shouldn't the priest hearing his confession tell the offending priest to go the the victims family and say he was sorry? Wouldn't the confessional priest tell this priest to turn himself into authorities?

The confessional priest can't divulge the other priests confession but whats the point in going to confession if you are not going to be responsible for your crime?

How can someone be absolved from sin, if they have no intention of making what is wrong right again by accepting punishment deserved for the crime?

Not one molesting priest ever turned himself in to authorities and not one of them ever went to a victims family to say he was sorry. How can a molesting priest ever have this sin removed if they didn't really show remorse for their sin, by turning themselves in and serve the punishment for the crime? ARE YOU OK WITH THAT?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413804 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to prove over and over again that you could "care less" about the truth of "anything"regarding the CAtholic
Church. You, Michael, habitually "throw out anything" on this forum that is anti-catholic---hoping that "something sticks"!---of which it "never" does!!!
I am all about truth, and justice. You fail to answer my questions because you are not about the truth or justice.

answer my questions instead of insults....any child can do that.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413805 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer this question.

If you stole a bicycle and you felt guilty and went to confession and told the priest you stole the bicycle what would any good priest tell you to do?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413806 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
As one of the 1.168 billion Catholics worldwide.....
I'm worried about that "Gates of Hell" thing - considering that Mussolini's gifts of a bank and diplomatic immunity seems to have thrown open those proverbial Gates of Hell.
Profound thought, for those who dare.
Hojo, I hope you find peace in your faith. But you old coot, why under this title? What's the point? This is America, with a heretical man-made Constitution. Why attack 75% of your neighbors?
Correction--Free Mind!! They are attacking me, Clay, Regina, and every other Catholic on this forum, directed especially against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church.......... Confronting, Orville, 4GVN, Michael, jethro8, justachristian1, OLD JG and other bible only Protestants, atheists and agnostics are here for "one purpose on ly!!!!!!! To attack, condemning and pass their "opinionated" judgment, hate and hostility against the Historical and biblical TRUTH of the Catholic Faith which is grounded in Jesus Christ! We as Catholics are on this forum to defend our faith in Christ which is constantly under attack by "the gates of hell"!!(Matthew 16:18)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413807 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW DO YOU KNOW that a molesting priests never apologize to their victims!----HELLO-----There must be something mentally and emotionally wrong with you to continue down this "twisted and perverted road" of yours ---saying it NEVER HAPPENED ONCE. over-blown, exaggerated, unproven, distorted opinions of yours ---saying "anything" to keep your hostility (heated up) against Jesus Christ and His one True Catholic Church.
DOUBLE BUSTED!!
HOJO........HOW DO YOU KNOW that a molesting priests never apologize to their victims!

MICHAEL says..........SHOW ME EXAMPLES!

Give me one example where a molesting priest went to authorities to turn himself in because the priest in the confessional told him to?

NEVER HAPPENED! WHY?

If you stole a bicycle the priest HEARING YOUR CONFESSION would tell you to return it to the owner. Right?

Doesn't the priest hearing confession have an moral obligation to express to the molesting priest to do the right thing before he is absolved from sin? If you are not going to serve justice for your sin, than why is the sin absolved?

....something is terribly wrong hojo!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413808 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "material"doesn't change! That is because the "truth" has, is and will continue to "remain the same", as it has, and will continue to remain the same, from over 2000 years
Ask the 42,000+ contradicting and conflicting Protestants. They have "new material" every "five minutes". That's why there are over 42,000 different denominations that "can't agree on anything" accept attacking, condemning and passing their "personal opinion" judgment against us Catholics and against Jesus Christ and His One True Church.
Why don't you name those 42,000 different denominations, and list their differences?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413809 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If I didn't care about the TRUTH I wouldn't waste one minute on this forum trying to straighten you out.

again if you told a priest in the confessional or even in a conversation that you stole a bicycle any good priest would demand that you return it to the owner and apologize, or the sin would remain on your soul.

Why is it different for molesting clergy, who also went to confession, that they don't have to return to the scene of their crime, and express remorse for their actions, and they don't have to go to authorities to close the book on the crime they committed?

WHY do you have to, but they don't?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413810 Jan 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you name those 42,000 different denominations, and list their differences?
Wouldn't you believe he would know them all off by heart? He has repeated that statement 42,000 different denominations, over 547 times on this forum.

Maybe he can start with those that start with the letter A, and enlighten us.

You know he won't respond, with an intelligent answer. Because there is no answer.

#413811 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Know how to clean up the scandals in the church?
Remove all the male clerics including the pope. Make them all women. No woman would with any authority would EVER allow a child to be harmed. If all the priests were women there would be no abuse scandals on young children. If all the cardinals and the pope were women, there would be no money laundering scandals as I have never heard of a woman involved in any such thing.
Let the people pick the pope and the cardinals, and if they have a bad report card, out they go. God would approve.
Pick a womans name? Any name, lets just call her REGINA. A woman named REGINA would be POPE REGINA Ist.
Pick only beautiful women, that would get attention of the male followers and church attendance would rise dramatically.
WIN WIN for everyone including the image of the church.....a no brainer.
Sorry, Michael, but that plan wouldn't work. Beautiful women can be seduced...and often are. Then they do what their 'boss' wants them to do. So you are under indirect male dominance.

Men are intended to be head of things. Husband means 'house-bander'. He is what holds it all together. I believe that women can preach and teach...and should. But under 'submission'. Sub means 'under' or secondary; mission is the calling. Men are called to lead families, churches and nations. Their MISSION. Women are to support THEIR man.

Sadly, women have been known to pull some finacial 'boners', and to mistreat children.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413812 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you try an new approach?

.. Be honest and truthful. Answer questions when asked, give accurate information.

God knows I! am trying.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413813 Jan 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Michael, but that plan wouldn't work. Beautiful women can be seduced...and often are. Then they do what their 'boss' wants them to do. So you are under indirect male dominance.
Men are intended to be head of things. Husband means 'house-bander'. He is what holds it all together. I believe that women can preach and teach...and should. But under 'submission'. Sub means 'under' or secondary; mission is the calling. Men are called to lead families, churches and nations. Their MISSION. Women are to support THEIR man.
Sadly, women have been known to pull some finacial 'boners', and to mistreat children.
Why not give it a try? God knows its not working the way it is now.

A new approach might be all we need.

Today in america 40% of women run households by themselves. Its not a mans world anymore. In a few years you will see a woman President, we have many congresswomen, female mayors, police officers, female firefighters, doctors, lawyers, nurses, bus drivers, garbage men, airplane pilots.

Its not 1954 anymore.

Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413814 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO........HOW DO YOU KNOW that a molesting priests never apologize to their victims!
MICHAEL says..........SHOW ME EXAMPLES!
Give me one example where a molesting priest went to authorities to turn himself in because the priest in the confessional told him to?
NEVER HAPPENED! WHY?
If you stole a bicycle the priest HEARING YOUR CONFESSION would tell you to return it to the owner. Right?
Doesn't the priest hearing confession have an moral obligation to express to the molesting priest to do the right thing before he is absolved from sin? If you are not going to serve justice for your sin, than why is the sin absolved?
....something is terribly wrong hojo!
Apology is not going to fix the emotional traumas they have caused hundreds of victims. They robbed their lives. These preachers should do time like all the rest of wicked criminals. The robe doesn't make them holy men
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413815 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer my QUESTION?
Not one molesting priest ever turned himself in to authorities and not one of them ever went to a victims family to say he was sorry. How can a molesting priest ever have this sin removed if they didn't really show remorse for their sin, by turning themselves in and serve the punishment for the crime? ARE YOU OK WITH THAT?
When we go to confession, the priest instructs us to go make restitution (personally)(if the individual is geographically accessible) Any Catholic knows that!! So whats your point!!
How do you Michael, as an "isolated" ex-Catholic--sitting on your comdemning and judgemental (SOAP BOX) know that molesting priest did or did not go and make amends with their victims. YOU HAVE NO CLUE, YOU HAVE NO IDEA, AND YOU HAVE "NOTHING" to back up ANY of your "outrageous (goofy) assumptions) whether this happened or not! Why do you "keep assuming" by your "opinionated anti-catholic exaggerations" that none of this took place!! Every time you post and comment on this forum, you try to "pull the same old" (made up) overblown and senseless hype!!!

DOUBLE UNBELIEVABLE or (better yet) TRIPLE

#413816 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not give it a try? God knows its not working the way it is now.
A new approach might be all we need.
Today in america 40% of women run households by themselves. Its not a mans world anymore. In a few years you will see a woman President, we have many congresswomen, female mayors, police officers, female firefighters, doctors, lawyers, nurses, bus drivers, garbage men, airplane pilots.
Its not 1954 anymore.
Women are running households, and we DO have many congresswomen. I see few good representatives (picture Nancy Pelosi!). The Governor of Arizona is one good example.

Godliness is the missing element in men AND women. Without that element, we are doomed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Jesus saves 8,720
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 9 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web