Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589668 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#413788 Jan 7, 2013
on action reaction..invisible force..no i don't make nothing..not even spend one dollar..its all of you..after all just dot to dot..amen

God is everywhere visible and not invisible.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413789 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What time is it? My watch is broken......remember?
At 6:48 my broken watch will give me the correct time for one minute. But right now I have no idea. Is it morning or afternoon?(lol)
The RCC is like a stopped watch.

Perfect at times, but very rarely, usually by accident -- and no one knows when it's perfect and when it's not.

Soooooooo profound.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#413790 Jan 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that you are abused because I am offended at having the 'f' word thrown in my face?
Did I say that? Have another go. Did I actually type the 'f' word? No. Have another read. Pity you're so petty, I actually agreed with a lot of what you've posted. Reading and comprehension skills are indeed in short supply around here. As is anything to do with Christ.
Peace, love and laughter <3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#413791 Jan 7, 2013
truth wrote:
Are you for sure you stay in control?
moja suma i moji zecevi
moja more i moja obala..
Who say that?
Kraljica Zita
ma jelte netko nesto pita..
nece te seko nitko ni pitat..
tko smil a tko nesmil
ja bum pomel
then have my diploma as cleaner..
Why you judging me?
Who do Art Lord?
He Art every heart.
Well said mate. Don't expect many people to understand you. God Bless <3
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413792 Jan 7, 2013
This was not the sin of a few rogue Priests.

Rather, a moral lapse that is:

... DECADES-LONG,

... WORLDWIDE,

... and INSTITUTIONAL.

No self-respecting God would allow it in HIS Church.

Catholics! Stop saying Jesus has no self-respect?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413793 Jan 7, 2013
<quoted text>
The problem is that CC folk have been trained to see the CC as their only hope. It has the power to excommunicate them. They fear that they will lose their soul if they question their leaders.
That is why I say that "it is all about JESUS". Preachers and other Christians may exhort/teach us about the gospel...but ONLY ONE can receive us into the Kingdom. This why Paul said that NOTHING can separate us from the love of God.
Trust Him...
confrinting says....

.......The problem is that CC folk have been trained to see the CC as their only hope. It has the power to excommunicate them. They fear that they will lose their soul if they question their leaders.

michael says.......I see the same thing.

The church is not about equality or love of all. Women are second class citizens in the church with no power or policy making abilities whatsoever, and the churches answer is that the 12 apostles were all men.

45 years ago and before women were not even allowed to ever go up on the churches altar for any reason.

I remember when I was a kid and the church was packed on Easter sunday, they put some of the overflow in the few pews they had on the altar where the altar boys sat, but the ushers in the church only allowed boys and men to sit in those pews. Women had to squeeze in the regular pews.

I know that has changed, but it shows how out of touch the church is with its followers.

No loving God would descriminate.

I believe down the road, celebacy will become optional, and there will be women priests. The catholics today SCREAM NEVER! but when it is instituted they will SCREAM THEN, "WHAT A GREAT IDEA"

The followers always accept what the church does.
I guess thats where I get off the bus.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#413794 Jan 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Christianity IS ALL ABOUT CHRIST.
I disagree.

Christianity is the religion created based soley upon only a portion of Jesus' teachings about "God", not about Jesus, or he being the "Christ".
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413795 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect at times, but very rarely, usually by accident -- and no one knows when it's perfect and when it's not.
Soooooooo profound.
The church lives in the past. They probably created the movie "BACK TO THE FUTURE"

If we check, we will probably see the Pope has a Delorean car, that stared in the movie.

No fair God would discriminate against women. Women should be as equal as men in the church policy making abilities. Any woman who allows the church to kick women to the curb, has low on self esteem.

WOMEN......

...No policy making abilities in the catholic church.

...Not allowed to go to a seminary to study for the priesthood.
Told that GOD only calls men.(what a croc)

.... Women are made to wear a hat in church. Why?(lol)
men don't have to wear a hat in church.

People wonder why young people today show little interest in organized religion?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413796 Jan 7, 2013
Matthew 7:20 Really, then by their fruits YOU will recognize those men.

If you understand the Bible you will know what this scripture means. Jesus is talking about false religion producing good or bad fruits. Do you think the Catholic church has is producing good fruits with their reputation of burning people at the stake and all these child molestation cases?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413797 Jan 7, 2013
Correction: has or is producing...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413798 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your life is so tiny. Haven't you got any NEW MATERIAL?
BUSTED!
The "material"doesn't change! That is because the "truth" has, is and will continue to "remain the same", as it has, and will continue to remain the same, from over 2000 years
Ask the 42,000+ contradicting and conflicting Protestants. They have "new material" every "five minutes". That's why there are over 42,000 different denominations that "can't agree on anything" accept attacking, condemning and passing their "personal opinion" judgment against us Catholics and against Jesus Christ and His One True Church.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413799 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO:
If you went to confession and told the priest that you stole a bicycle. I am sure the priest hearing your confession would tell you to do the right thing and return the bicycle to the rightful owner. Right?....and say 5 hail marys and 4 our fathers.
If priests hear the confession (I don't believe they do) of another priest, and this priest tells the confessional priest he sexually molested a young boy, wouldn't the priest hearing the confession advice this priest to do the right thing? Go to the authorities tell them what you did, and go to the victims family expressing remorse? RIGHT?
NEVER HAPPENED ONCE!......but I am sure lots of bicycles have been returned.
don't give me positive judgies.... I have lots, just respond rationally if you can.
Michael--your mind is so "scrambled" with anti-catholic vengeance and hatred that (for you) everything that comes out of your mouth is "extreme, overblown, exaggerated nonsense. What is this garbage "NEVER HAPPENED ONCE!" How do you know it NEVER HAPPENED ONCE! No wonder nobody believes "anything you say" when you make (outrageous) ridiculous statements like this!!!Just like the anti-catholic exaggerated "trash sources" you come up with. By the way, do you work for a "sanitation company"! You sure know how to come up with "piles of trash" articles!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413800 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooooooo profound.
Know how to clean up the scandals in the church?

Remove all the male clerics including the pope. Make them all women. No woman would with any authority would EVER allow a child to be harmed. If all the priests were women there would be no abuse scandals on young children. If all the cardinals and the pope were women, there would be no money laundering scandals as I have never heard of a woman involved in any such thing.

Let the people pick the pope and the cardinals, and if they have a bad report card, out they go. God would approve.

Pick a womans name? Any name, lets just call her REGINA. A woman named REGINA would be POPE REGINA Ist.

Pick only beautiful women, that would get attention of the male followers and church attendance would rise dramatically.

WIN WIN for everyone including the image of the church.....a no brainer.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413801 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space:
Whenever a molesting priest went to confession and told the confessional priest that he had buggered a child, wouldn't the confessional priest ADVISE the molesting priest to do the right thing, and go to authorities, and to apologize to the victims family? Right?
HOW DO YOU KNOW that a molesting priests never apologize to their victims!----HELLO-----There must be something mentally and emotionally wrong with you to continue down this "twisted and perverted road" of yours ---saying it NEVER HAPPENED ONCE. over-blown, exaggerated, unproven, distorted opinions of yours ---saying "anything" to keep your hostility (heated up) against Jesus Christ and His one True Catholic Church.

DOUBLE BUSTED!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413802 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO:
If you went to confession and told the priest that you stole a bicycle. I am sure the priest hearing your confession would tell you to do the right thing and return the bicycle to the rightful owner. Right?....and say 5 hail marys and 4 our fathers.
If priests hear the confession (I don't believe they do) of another priest, and this priest tells the confessional priest he sexually molested a young boy, wouldn't the priest hearing the confession advice this priest to do the right thing? Go to the authorities tell them what you did, and go to the victims family expressing remorse? RIGHT?
NEVER HAPPENED ONCE!......but I am sure lots of bicycles have been returned.
don't give me positive judgies.... I have lots, just respond rationally if you can.
You continue to prove over and over again that you could "care less" about the truth of "anything"regarding the CAtholic
Church. You, Michael, habitually "throw out anything" on this forum that is anti-catholic---hoping that "something sticks"!---of which it "never" does!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413803 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael--your mind is so "scrambled" with anti-catholic vengeance and hatred that (for you) everything that comes out of your mouth is "extreme, overblown, exaggerated nonsense. What is this garbage "NEVER HAPPENED ONCE!" How do you know it NEVER HAPPENED ONCE! No wonder nobody believes "anything you say" when you make (outrageous) ridiculous statements like this!!!Just like the anti-catholic exaggerated "trash sources" you come up with. By the way, do you work for a "sanitation company"! You sure know how to come up with "piles of trash" articles!!
Answer my QUESTION?

If you stole a bicycle and told a priest in the confessional, the priest would tell you to return the bike, tell the person you stole it from that you were sorry, before you were absolved for your sin.

If a priest molested a child and went to a priest for confession, shouldn't the priest hearing his confession tell the offending priest to go the the victims family and say he was sorry? Wouldn't the confessional priest tell this priest to turn himself into authorities?

The confessional priest can't divulge the other priests confession but whats the point in going to confession if you are not going to be responsible for your crime?

How can someone be absolved from sin, if they have no intention of making what is wrong right again by accepting punishment deserved for the crime?

Not one molesting priest ever turned himself in to authorities and not one of them ever went to a victims family to say he was sorry. How can a molesting priest ever have this sin removed if they didn't really show remorse for their sin, by turning themselves in and serve the punishment for the crime? ARE YOU OK WITH THAT?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413804 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to prove over and over again that you could "care less" about the truth of "anything"regarding the CAtholic
Church. You, Michael, habitually "throw out anything" on this forum that is anti-catholic---hoping that "something sticks"!---of which it "never" does!!!
I am all about truth, and justice. You fail to answer my questions because you are not about the truth or justice.

answer my questions instead of insults....any child can do that.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413805 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer this question.

If you stole a bicycle and you felt guilty and went to confession and told the priest you stole the bicycle what would any good priest tell you to do?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413806 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
As one of the 1.168 billion Catholics worldwide.....
I'm worried about that "Gates of Hell" thing - considering that Mussolini's gifts of a bank and diplomatic immunity seems to have thrown open those proverbial Gates of Hell.
Profound thought, for those who dare.
Hojo, I hope you find peace in your faith. But you old coot, why under this title? What's the point? This is America, with a heretical man-made Constitution. Why attack 75% of your neighbors?
Correction--Free Mind!! They are attacking me, Clay, Regina, and every other Catholic on this forum, directed especially against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church.......... Confronting, Orville, 4GVN, Michael, jethro8, justachristian1, OLD JG and other bible only Protestants, atheists and agnostics are here for "one purpose on ly!!!!!!! To attack, condemning and pass their "opinionated" judgment, hate and hostility against the Historical and biblical TRUTH of the Catholic Faith which is grounded in Jesus Christ! We as Catholics are on this forum to defend our faith in Christ which is constantly under attack by "the gates of hell"!!(Matthew 16:18)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413807 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW DO YOU KNOW that a molesting priests never apologize to their victims!----HELLO-----There must be something mentally and emotionally wrong with you to continue down this "twisted and perverted road" of yours ---saying it NEVER HAPPENED ONCE. over-blown, exaggerated, unproven, distorted opinions of yours ---saying "anything" to keep your hostility (heated up) against Jesus Christ and His one True Catholic Church.
DOUBLE BUSTED!!
HOJO........HOW DO YOU KNOW that a molesting priests never apologize to their victims!

MICHAEL says..........SHOW ME EXAMPLES!

Give me one example where a molesting priest went to authorities to turn himself in because the priest in the confessional told him to?

NEVER HAPPENED! WHY?

If you stole a bicycle the priest HEARING YOUR CONFESSION would tell you to return it to the owner. Right?

Doesn't the priest hearing confession have an moral obligation to express to the molesting priest to do the right thing before he is absolved from sin? If you are not going to serve justice for your sin, than why is the sin absolved?

....something is terribly wrong hojo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 21 hr pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition Sat Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web