Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,132
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413758 Jan 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Erm...what Christian sect did you say you were from?
Galatians 2:6 'As for those who seemed to be important--whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not judge by external appearance--those men added nothing to my message.'
Galatians 2:7 'On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as Peter had been to the Jews.'
Galatians 2:8 'For God, who was at work in the ministry of Peter as an apostle to the Jews, was also at work in my ministry as an apostle to the Gentiles.'
Galatians 2:9 'James, Peter and John, those reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognised the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the Jews.'
Galatians 2:10 'All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.
The Fruit of the Spirit
Galatians 5:22-23 ' But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.'
<3
~~~

your point was/is?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#413760 Jan 7, 2013
Ray Stedmen
Seed Thoughts
A daily devotion for January 7th
Read the Scripture: Mark 4:1-29
Mark 4:1-29
1Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water's edge. 2He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: 3"Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. 8Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, multiplying thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times."
9Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."
10When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that,
" 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"
13Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? 14The farmer sows the word. 15Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. 16Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. 17But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 18Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. 20Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown."
21He said to them, "Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don't you put it on its stand? 22For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. 23If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."
24"Consider carefully what you hear," he continued. "With the measure you use, it will be measured to you—and even more. 25Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him."
26He also said, "This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. 27Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. 28All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. 29As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come."
cont
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#413761 Jan 7, 2013
Cont

New International Version
He also said,“This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how”(Mark 4:26-27).
This is a secret of the kingdom of God, and to me it is one of the most encouraging of all the parables Jesus ever uttered. He is speaking of how this rule of God increases, how it grows in a life. He explains it as a coming to harvest by a patient expectation that God will work. The key of this whole passage is,“the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how.” That is, there are forces at work that will be faithful to perform their work—whether a farmer stews and frets about it or not. Farmers do what they can do, what is expected of them. But then God must work. And God will work. And in the confidence of that, this farmer rests secure. As Jesus draws the picture this farmer goes out to sow. It is hard work as he sows the field, but this is what he can do. But then he goes home and goes to bed. He does not sit up all night biting his fingernails, wondering if the seed fell in the right places or whether it will take root. Nor does he rise the next morning and go out and dig it up to see whether or not it has sprouted yet. He rests secure in the fact that God is at work, that He has a part in this process, and He must do it; no one can do it for Him. But he will faithfully perform it. So the farmer rests secure, knowing that as the seed grows there are stages that are observable:“first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head.” It is only as the grain is ripe that he is called into action again. When the harvest is ready, then he is to act once more.
This is exactly what Paul describes for us in that passage in 1 Corinthians 3:9a:“For we are God's fellow workers.” This is the way we ought to expect Him to work. It involves a witness first, perhaps a word of teaching or exhortation to someone—or to ourselves. And then an inevitable process begins, one that takes time and patience and allows God to work. One of the most destructive forces at work in the church today is our insistent demand for instant results. We want to have immediate conversions, immediate responses every time we speak. We tend not to allow time for the Word to take root and grow and come to harvest.
I have watched a boy in Peninsula Bible Church (PBC) growing up since grade school. I watched him come into adolescence and enter into a period of deep and bitter rebellion against God. I watched his parents, hurt and crushed by his attitudes, yet nevertheless praying for him—saying what they could to him—but above all holding him up in prayer. I watched the whole process as the seed that had been sown in his heart took root and began to grow. There were tiny observable signs of change occurring. Gradually he came back to the Lord. And as an adult young man, he asked me to fill out a reference for him to go to seminary. That is the Word growing secretly. The sower knows not how it happens but can rest secure in this.
Our Lord is teaching us the fantastic truth that God is at work. It does not all depend on us!
Thank You, Lord that I can trust that as I do my part and sow the seed of Your Word wherever I can, You will do the rest.
Life Application: We have the privilege of sowing the fertile seed of the gospel. Do we trust the sovereign work of the Spirit to produce a harvest, or rely on
truth

Perth, Australia

#413762 Jan 7, 2013
When everybody left you,
remember
God is everywhere..his creation is everywhere visible as well not invisible.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413763 Jan 7, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I just came on line and saw his post. I have said time and time again, that I cant give any icons and he knows it. he is just trying to cause trouble.
he is just mad at me because I will not tell him how I knew it wasnt you and your wife that gave me those neggies on that other forum, when i posted the picture to Michelle
I don't give a rats ass who it was. I know it wasn't me, and if there is a God he knows to who did it. If you believing it was me than God knows your a liar.

I think you took this too personally. Jethro posts a picture of his dog that I am sure he loves very much. I know many people with dogs who love them as much as people love their children. I too am a dog lover. I know Jethro has received many negative judgies but doesn't correlate that with people hating his dog.

Get over it cowboy! Start enjoying life.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413764 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Confrinting---but (heretical) half-truth, half-heresy Christians like you have "come and gone" for over 2000 years ---YET----Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church---LIVES ON----and (continues to grow in the faith and salvation of Jesus Christ.---WHY?? Because the bible, the words of Jesus (himself) in Matt 16:18 says so!! "The gates of hell,(shall not) prevail against it" (Our Lords One True Church). You, Confrinting, can (in your own desperation) continue your hate and slanderous judging, and condemnation against all of us Catholics on this forum and against Jesus Christs historically and biblically PROVEN Catholic Church---ALL to your own "demise and destruction---and ALL to no avail!!! Your "personal opinion" half-truth Christianity continues to rely completely on distorting perverting the TRUTH and attacking the Catholic Church as well as the 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world that have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ, manifested (in and through) His One True Catholic Church, you will continue to remain on the outside of the TRUTH ---always looking in!!!
Your life is so tiny. Haven't you got any NEW MATERIAL?

BUSTED!
truth

Perth, Australia

#413765 Jan 7, 2013
ah yes
Did you use ah-chee shampoo?
If yes please tell me why?

oh oh oh
about solar

Are you for sure I am liar?

Why Jesus Speak in parable?
2 fish and 5 bread

fossil symbol of fish..

Holy Spirit is scare tell you about creation.
If you chop tree slide by slide..what you see?
Circle of time as o'clock time for grow up.
Sometimes warm coming out too as alive sweet jammy food as our lovely aboriginal liked for lunch.

Its can speak and talk from planet up to planet as satellite..yep tiny but very very very powerful.

Madam justice..your law is not mine..Are you for sure others can't cross over border from deep swemir..no..if not please tell me why not?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413766 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The old Holy Ghost did so-so.
But the RCC's new Holy Spirit is a real bumbler.
Nope, Father isn't going to be happy. I say bring back the Ghost.
I remember back in the day when it was the HOLY GHOST. For 1962 years it was the HOLY GHOST. Did the Holy Ghost give permission to the catholic church to change his name from Ghost to spirit? Did God the Father approve this change? Imagine your mother changing your name from FREE MIND to HOJO. You wouldn't like that one bit.

truth

Perth, Australia

#413767 Jan 7, 2013
hair
please explain roots of hair..

Did you ever see or play as child with water..just put
hair as long as you could hair from horse in water
from grive =around neck horse hair or from tail long as could..just try as primitive science in water..its going become alive in water as well swim as tiny alive snake ..byyyyyyyyyyyyyy
confe

Do you liked horse?
Did you know;''dobre vile konju pletu grivu oko vrata u pletenicu..around neck as 3x platters..why?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413768 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Profound indeed, oh wise one. I have studied your words and see the truth.
By making the RCC His 'smashed watch,' a frustrated Jesus is saying "at least my vicar will be perfect for two seconds a day."
I am doing the best I can, and that is just fine with me.

truth

Perth, Australia

#413769 Jan 7, 2013
Did you ever fill trough peaceful prayers that somebody touching your hair.

They will tell you its your angels.

Did you ever dream that your hair grow up rapidly in dream?

-to be wise
yes you can be simple
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413770 Jan 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ok Mike, buddy up with the SDA's, JW's and holy rolling pentecostals, they believe in the 'fictional' Jesus too, but at least they hate the Catholic Church just like you, so at least you got that goin' for you....
You are in love with your church more than you are with God.

No God would EVER approve ONGOING scandals in his church. No fair God would endorse a church who blames everyone but themselves when things go wrong. Its never their fault, and you think this is OK.

.... No God would ever approve a priest hearing the confession of a molesting priest and not inform this molesting priest to do the right thing and report his crime to authorities, and apologize to the victim he hurt, as part of his penance, just like a GOOD confessional priest would tell you anthony to pay resitution and apologize to the storekeeper if you stole something. I am sure your own FATHER would give you that advice. Yet to my knowledge NOT ONE priest ever went to authorities telling them of his crime, or going to the victims families saying how sorry he was.

SHAMEFUL!

truth

Perth, Australia

#413771 Jan 7, 2013
If you fill over your hair when you pray..just listen simple fill as you could ..when everybody left you..you know your Guardian stay near you..its from all eternity which your Creator prepare its already yours without any priest church judge or any friend..God prepare that for you.
God always listen prayers.
You are not alone as others wish very bad things.

''you can't go where i go but i will send you comforter as well protector''
When everybody left you its assurance from real God who is as it is.
God words is Almighty words.
God words is Alive words as well powerful words.

#413772 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Reading the thousands of posts on this forum, it is obvious that many roman catholics on here, are more in love with their church, than they are with God and his teachings.
Scriptures claim, God always said to do the right thing. With the catholic church gripped with so many sinful scandals, with no relief or fix in sight, its obvious the right thing has not been practiced very much.
How long before more followers finally decide that God to them is more important than the church, which has obviously been off the rails for a long time.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/vati...
...just my opinion
I agree with your opinion...and I'm sure many others do also.
That is my observation: They furiously defend the CC, even when they see wrongdoing, but you see very little of praise for God. Christianity IS ALL ABOUT CHRIST.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413773 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Confrinting---but (heretical) half-truth, half-heresy Christians like you have "come and gone" for overaround the world that have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ, manifested (in and through) His One True Catholic Church, you will continue to remain on the outside of the TRUTH ---always looking in!!!
HOJO:

If you went to confession and told the priest that you stole a bicycle. I am sure the priest hearing your confession would tell you to do the right thing and return the bicycle to the rightful owner. Right?....and say 5 hail marys and 4 our fathers.

If priests hear the confession (I don't believe they do) of another priest, and this priest tells the confessional priest he sexually molested a young boy, wouldn't the priest hearing the confession advice this priest to do the right thing? Go to the authorities tell them what you did, and go to the victims family expressing remorse? RIGHT?

NEVER HAPPENED ONCE!......but I am sure lots of bicycles have been returned.

don't give me positive judgies.... I have lots, just respond rationally if you can.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413774 Jan 7, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, of course Mikey is once again presenting his balanced approach and no crime has been proven. Allegations are allegations. I can dig up all kind of Proven Protestant scandals that involve billions but its of no account. Whenever f them stood there calling each other liars. However, as Bill Clinton said in an interview with Barbara Walters, "Sometimes the truth is the lie people believe."
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/jpmorgan-chas...
Deutsche Bank Caught in Money-Laundering Scandal?
http://larouchepac.com/node/24920
http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2012/1...
edited for space:

DUST STORM.....

If you went to confession and told the priest you were not very nice to your mother or father, I am sure the priest would ADVISE you as part of your penance to go to your mother or father and tell them you are sorry. Right? Makes sense.

Whenever a molesting priest went to confession and told the confessional priest that he had buggered a child, wouldn't the confessional priest ADVISE the molesting priest to do the right thing, and go to authorities, and to apologize to the victims family? Right?

If the confessional priest is NOT giving advice to the sinners to do the right thing.

what is the purpose of teaching our children to do what is right, if hiding the truth is what they are doing.

NEVER HAPPENED ONCE! Are you OK with that?

#413775 Jan 7, 2013
who="MICHAEL"
The catholic church leaders are famous for telling others what to do, but when it comes time to correct their own sinful ways, its always someone elses fault, and never theirs.
Going back 10, 20 30, 50 years ago, I rarely heard any negative comments about catholic clergy. During the past 5 years more negative stories have unfolded, from the foot soldier priest right up to the pope himself.
Is this just the church rekindling their corrupt ways as millions of catholics saw the church 500 years ago when they left in great numbers then?
Wouldn't an educated person today believe the church would have all its ducks in a row by now. Evidentally not.
I don't wish anything bad towards the church. But I can't believe that men who taught me to do wrong meant punishment, yet today we learn that when they do wrong, punishment for them is not an option.
I don't wish anything bad for any Catholic; only hoping that they will find Jesus in the new birth. Scripture says that He will not turn away any who come to Him. Whoever calls upon the name of the LORD will be saved.
We met a lady online a few years ago. She asked what Paul meant when he said that 'the natural man' does not receive spiritual things, for they are spiritually discerned. She was intelligent, a professor of ancient history in a Catholic University. She grasped the message of receiving the 'spiritual things' by FAITH. She replied immediately that " it seems that I have decided to walk the way that Jesus told us to walk, AND I AM SOOO HAPPY!"
In other words, when she personally accepted Jesus Words as FOR HER, her life was instantly changed. She understood and loved what she could not see before. Her 'first' Christmas as a new believer was marvelous. She never lost that joy of being born into the family of God.
I know that it sounds too 'easy'...but I'm sure that you know that a God Who loves His creation, is not going to make it too hard.
truth

Perth, Australia

#413776 Jan 7, 2013
Why EEL have electricity within-self as light?

Why i am wrong or stupid?

Did I need your scribe Pharisee this and that diploma?

How many ring have in body electric EEL?
Why?

Are you for sure EEL can't be as transmitter?

Do you liked recipe as jammy food from EEL?
Lots of chilly with onion as well polenta=pura.
http://www.google.com.au/search...

Did you know first fish dinosaur?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413777 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am doing the best I can, and that is just fine with me.
Cool. Keep up the great work.

#413778 Jan 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not aware of any law against it. There doesn't seem to be one against hatefully abusing random strangers either. How odd.
<3
Are you saying that you are abused because I am offended at having the 'f' word thrown in my face?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 3 hr pazuzu 74
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Hebrewsunite 8,297
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••