Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,954
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#413715 Jan 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Best quotes from Dogma, IMHO.
"Trust the Catholics to unmake existence."
The Muse.
"Crisis of faith over?" The 13th Apostle.
"I think I'm now burdened with an over abundance." Bethany.
Bartleby - "You know how I felt? Righteous, justified, eager even..."
Loki - "You all right man? You're eyes are kind of..."
Bartleby - "My eyes are open, for the first time I get it. When that little innocent girl let her mission slip, I had an epiphany. In the beginning it was just us and Him, Angels and God..."
Loki - "Ah ha..."
Bartleby - "...Then He created humans, ours was designed to be a life of servitude and worship and bowing and scraping and adoration! He gave them more than He ever gave us! He gave them a choice! They can choose to acknowledge God or they can choose to ignore Him! All this time we've been down here, I've felt the absence of the Divine Presence and it's pained me as I'm sure it must've pained you, and why? Because of the way He made us! Had we been given free will, we could choose to ignore the pain, like they do... But NO! We're servants!"
Loki - "Ok... Well, all I'm sayin' here is that one of us may need a little nap..."
Bartleby - "Wake up! Humans have besmirched everything He's bestowed upon them! They were given paradise, they threw it away! They were given this planet, they've destroyed it! They were favoured best among all his endeavours and some of them, don't even believe He exists! And in spite of it all, He has shown them infinite f#cking patience, at every turn. What about us? I asked you, once, to lay down the sword, cause I felt sorry for them, what was the result? Our expulsion from paradise! Where was His infinite f#cking patience then?!?! It's not right! It's not fair! We've paid our debt, don't you think it's time? Don't you think it's time we went home?....and to do that, I, I think we might have to dispatch our, our would be dispatchers..."
Loki - "Wait...wait..wait! Kill them?!! You're talking about the last scion for Christ's sake, and what about Jay and Bob? I mean, those guys were all right.."
Bartleby - "Don't, don't my friend, don't let your sympathies get the best of you, they did me once. Scion or not, she's just a human, and by passing through that arch, our sins are forgiven...No harm, no foul."
Loki - "My God. I've heard a rant like this before..."
Bartleby - "What did you say?"
Loki - "I've heard a rant like this before."
Bartleby - "Don't you f ing do that to me..."
Loki - "You sound like the morning star."
B "You shut your f ing mouth!"
L "You do! You sound like Lucifer man! You've f ing lost it! You're not talking about going home Bartleby! You're talkin' about f cking WAR on God!!! Well, f ck that! I have seen what happens to the proud, when they take on the throne. I'm going back to Wisconsin."
God - "Awww, Bartleby, was Wisconsin that bad?"
Bethany - "I think God is dead."
Jewish Doctor - "The sign of a true Catholic."
Blessings <3
you really have a potty mouth why don't you take it were others would appreciated it more

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#413716 Jan 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
How can such a filthy mouth even talk about church? Of course, you said that you liked to ---with ministers. I knew a man like that once. He scared the wits out of a few preachers. When I told him what he was doing...and why he was doing it, he was the one who was scared.
God is not mocked...
Who's mocking God??? What filthy mouth??? The movie characters'?
I'd like to what with ministers? Where did I say this?
I'm not a man and it's just a movie, yes a rude, offensive (to people who feel offended by movies), very funny movie, but with a wonderful message underneath. Chill. God knows my heart, your judgement means naught, how abusive you are.
Peace, love and joyfulness <3

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#413717 Jan 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
you really have a potty mouth why don't you take it were others would appreciated it more
How do I have a 'potty mouth'? You do know what a "quote" is don't you? If that's all you picked up then I'm sad for you. Besides, since when is a 'potty mouth' not appreciated on topix anyway? Have you read some of the posts here? Ppppffftttbbbb.....
<3

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413718 Jan 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's mocking God??? What filthy mouth??? The movie characters'?
I'd like to what with ministers? Where did I say this?
I'm not a man and it's just a movie, yes a rude, offensive (to people who feel offended by movies), very funny movie, but with a wonderful message underneath. Chill. God knows my heart, your judgement means naught, how abusive you are.
Peace, love and joyfulness <3
So it's alright to repeat some junk you heard on a movie?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413719 Jan 7, 2013
<quoted text>
The main difference in denominations is simply those who oversee them. Thankfully, I am in a group that disciplines such failures.
I never gave you any of these negative feedbacks, it was probably somebody named cowboy and other catholics.

Lack of discipline is what is going to bring down "too big to fail" religions. It has been going on too long.

Its a good thing your in the right group. Keep up the good work.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413720 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called rationalization.
Somehow being no worse than the Baptists is supposed to mean something.(Hardly, in light of the topic of this board.)
They just don't get it -- IT'S THE COVER-UP.
But they can't admit it, because deep down inside -- WE ALL KNOW that no self-respecting God would want His name associated with a...
... DECADES-LONG,
... WORLDWIDE,
... INSTITUTIONAL COVER-UP.
Jesus must bristle at the title of this board.
I hear Mary is really miffed.
FREE MIND says..........Jesus must bristle at the title of this board.

I hear Mary is really miffed.

MICHAEL says......what has the Holy Spirit been doing? Isn't he suppose to be guiding the church?

....just wait until God the Father finds out...
truth

Perth, Australia

#413721 Jan 7, 2013
its took me after altar..white dress..
Why you prosecuted me?
Who do Art Lord?
He art every heart.
Prosecutor is drunken with blade of saints.
White robes is Jesus Christ righteousness.
When they rise from death they are not married
they are angels in Heaven.
truth

Perth, Australia

#413722 Jan 7, 2013
Living God.
Alive God+
Powerful God+
Immortal God+

Immortal soul under Altar=CROSS

We are save trough Cross.

I sleep on floor and pray front of Cross.
Pray and represent your prayers front of Cross.
truth

Perth, Australia

#413723 Jan 7, 2013
Woman why you cry?
she is wife of many

o really who is talking..
Saul why you prosecuted me?
Who do ART Lord?
He Art every heart.
Heart..upon heart is 3x roses
love which overpower death
Alive God+
Immortal soul which wait under Altar.CROSS
Do you pray front of CROSS?
Don't be afraid represent yourself trough prayers.
You are not wife of many..your soul is immortal under Altar where Alive God+ rise dead they are not married in Heaven they are Angel.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413724 Jan 7, 2013
<quoted text>
The main difference in denominations is simply those who oversee them. Thankfully, I am in a group that disciplines such failures.
When I was young catholic, priests taught us that we could NEVER receive the sacrament of the eucharist with sins on our souls, yet these so called holy men in great numbers have done just that. Molesting clergy some of them habitual, gave themselves holy communion at every mass they said without themselves going to confession/repentance. The clergy who didn't abuse never disciplined the ones who did these crimes, by telling them to do the right thing and turn themselves into the authorities to have justice served.

What is the point in going to a priest in the confessional if the confessional priest isn't going to do the right thing and advise the abusive priest to turn himself in to authorities? Giving a penance of 5 hail marys and 3 our fathers isn't justice. Its just an appeasement of the church.

It is no different than a boy throwing a ball through a neighbors window. A good parent would instruct their child to go to the neighbor, apologize and pay restitution. Its obvious it doesn't work that way in the catholic church, and its obvious today the results we see. A church riddled with NEVER ENDING scandals, because the right thing was never done. The right thing that they taught us to do, but the right thing they never practiced themselves.

#413725 Jan 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's protestantism, by virtue of it's constant splintering, bickering, and mauling of scripture that Jesus was referring to as tares. Jesus didn't found thousands of competing protesting sects, He founded one, true Church. The Catholic Church.

~~~

There will be a day ..and (I believe it is very soon)

that you are in for a very rude awakening.

YOU CAN PRODUCE NO SCRIPTURES FROM THE BIBLE TO PROVE WHAT YOUR CHURCH TEACHES TEACH...

THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN SOLA SCRIPTURA CAN.

Even if what you believe had credibility (AND I DO NOT BELIEVE IT DOES) we that believe the Bible will be judged by THE BIBLE

YOU THAT HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK WILL FAIL THE TEST,..

BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO DO YOUR HOME WORK...

THE APOSTAL PAUL DID NOT BOW TO PETER

Gal 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat,(whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

NOTE-->

Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas/PETER and John,

--> who seemed to be pillars, <--

perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Gal 2:10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

---

YOUR R CC HAS NO FRANCHISE NO MONOPOLY OVER CHRISTIANITY ON THE EARTH
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413726 Jan 7, 2013
Why so many scandals in the catholic church? Because the church leaders who did bad things, were never instructed to do the right things. The good clergy never instructed the bad clergy to apologize to victims. Never instructed them to go to police authorities to serve justice.

Catholic church leaders ALWAYS instruct catholics to do the right thing, or its a sin, but its obvious these rules do not apply to church leaders.

The proof? Scandal after Scandal, and no one to blame but themselves.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/vati...

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#413727 Jan 7, 2013
No real communication here.I look to my relationship with GOD, and I try to keep people, with their various agendas, to the side.People are fools, out for their own betterment.To my way of thinking, all big churches are an impediment to reaching GOD.

#413728 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I never gave you any of these negative feedbacks, it was probably somebody named cowboy and other catholics.
Lack of discipline is what is going to bring down "too big to fail" religions. It has been going on too long.
Its a good thing your in the right group. Keep up the good work.
No worry; I didn't see the negatives...and they don't scare me.:)

Trust that you find your 'destiny' with Him...He IS real, not like the things you've run into.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413729 Jan 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"not too long ago"?
"dispute the meanings of their own catholic fathers"?
Stick to pasting your National Enquirer articles and leave the religious discussions to the adults, k? That's a good Mikey...
2 SCENARIOS.....

1)...Anytime you or any lay catholic goes to the confessional and tells your sins, the priest will often inform you to make right. what you did wrong. If you broke a neighbors window the priest would strongly advise you to go to the neighbor explain what you did and offer restitution.

2) Whenever a molesting priest who would tell another priest his sins (I am sure very few did or do) why did the confessional priest not strongly advice the molesting priest to do the right thing and go to authorities to report his crime? What is the purpose for confession if it only applies to lay people?

Why would you believe that a priest should be given special treatment for a serious crime committed, yet you would be told to do the right thing and report your crime?

HIPOCRICY!

#413730 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was young catholic, priests taught us that we could NEVER receive the sacrament of the eucharist with sins on our souls, yet these so called holy men in great numbers have done just that. Molesting clergy some of them habitual, gave themselves holy communion at every mass they said without themselves going to confession/repentance. The clergy who didn't abuse never disciplined the ones who did these crimes, by telling them to do the right thing and turn themselves into the authorities to have justice served.
What is the point in going to a priest in the confessional if the confessional priest isn't going to do the right thing and advise the abusive priest to turn himself in to authorities? Giving a penance of 5 hail marys and 3 our fathers isn't justice. Its just an appeasement of the church.
It is no different than a boy throwing a ball through a neighbors window. A good parent would instruct their child to go to the neighbor, apologize and pay restitution. Its obvious it doesn't work that way in the catholic church, and its obvious today the results we see. A church riddled with NEVER ENDING scandals, because the right thing was never done. The right thing that they taught us to do, but the right thing they never practiced themselves.
Didn't Jesus say something to that effect about the Pharisee's?'Do what they tell you, but don't do what they do'.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#413731 Jan 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1 John 4:12 (KJV)
www.Christ.com
Seems to be a great site, LTM, and thank you for sharing this. BOOKMARKED !!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413732 Jan 7, 2013
<quoted text>
No worry; I didn't see the negatives...and they don't scare me.:)
Trust that you find your 'destiny' with Him...He IS real, not like the things you've run into.
.....Reading the thousands of posts on this forum, it is obvious that many roman catholics on here, are more in love with their church, than they are with God and his teachings.

Scriptures claim, God always said to do the right thing. With the catholic church gripped with so many sinful scandals, with no relief or fix in sight, its obvious the right thing has not been practiced very much.

How long before more followers finally decide that God to them is more important than the church, which has obviously been off the rails for a long time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/vati...

...just my opinion
truth

Perth, Australia

#413733 Jan 7, 2013
devil don't liked rosary as well CROSS..its most worse
for them where they say nothing exist.

soul which never died
after death still alive..

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#413734 Jan 7, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Crazy 8,633
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Tue God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' Nov 23 RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Nov 21 KidlatNgayon 65

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE