Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,929)

Showing posts 398,561 - 398,580 of512,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"It is not what goes into the body that defiles it,but what comes out(of the heart as it were)."
When people are careful about anything,they are ahead of the game.But wreckless behavior,accompanied with strong drink can be fatal.We are better off trying to discourage people from social drinking especially when they FLY PLANES,which is a common problem amongst pilots these days.
It is all about the attitude toward the alcoholic beverages to begin with.Does one know what they are dealing with?
Although we may call alcoholism a D I S E A S E,it still is that which warrants a strong focus on the part of all to not let the DRINK rule over the senses.
Most people I have met over the years that are hard drinkers or alcoholics their social life is the main reason they drink.

Going to sports bars 4-5 nights a week watching football and playing darts, drinking picture after picture of beer with their buds, eventually takes its toll.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you DO realize that I have lost a lot of weight in the last year and my shoulders are not that broad anymore, so I dont know if I can bear that much responsibility from this "mess" in DC.
I am going to "pass the buck" and blame Miguel who lives in Canada.
atemcowboy.......says.

....I am going to "pass the buck" and blame Miguel who lives in Canada.

Miguel says........GIDDYUPP! atemcowboy!!

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

"You know for a fact there's a God, you've been in His presence, He's spoken to you personally and you claim to be an atheist."

"I just like to f*ck with the Clergy."

“Which "god"?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>Hi! Juicylu! welcome aboard.

Tell us what you are here for? We are good listeners.
I thought it might be a Christian thread, seems to be off topic...
Peace <3
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Largest child abuse over-up in the world??? This is just more of your Protestant myths and legends that you continue to "dream up"!! You, Free Mind, been reading, way too many anti-catholic fictitious (exaggerated reports) that have absolutely "no basis" of truth or fact! It is (however) a "proven fact" that your hypocritical bible only Protestant ministers equal or exceeds the Catholic Church in sexual abuse crimes committed against young people.
You say the RCC's recent scandal and cover-up is NOT the LARGEST child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world HISTORY.

OK, I'll bite. What is?

Remember, in order to compete with the RCC, the cover-up must be...

-- a cover-up spanning several decades.

-- a cover-up on all 5 inhabited continents on earth

-- it must involve the abuse of tens of thousands of children

-- it must involve abuse at orphanages and schools for deaf children on at least 3 or more continents, and...

-- the abuser will probably have to have diplomatic immunity. Otherwise, they would probably be too afraid they'd be caught. They must have no sense of accountability.

Oh, btw -- it is very unlikely that any self-respecting God would have appointed and guided anything like this.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

COLD, HARD RATIONAL FACTS 101......

Per this board, the RCC claims moral superiority.

However....

The simple ... logical ... rational ... FACT is that it is highly unlikely that any God would allow his so-called "morals" teacher to bring humanity the LARGEST child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world HISTORY.

That is very, very unlikely.

The simple ... logical ... rational ... FACT is that it is highly unlikely that Jesus would want His church to own a bank, yet alone one of the most scandal-ridden banks in Europe -- a bank that almost certainly laundered money for the mafia.

The simple ... logical ... reasonable ... FACT is that it is highly unlikely that Jesus would have guided a church to take a stand against democracy and concepts such as human rights.

The simple ... logical ... rational ... FACT is that it is highly unlikely that Jesus would have guided his church to recognize and give support to the slave States during the American Civil War.

Whats wrong with being the first church? The mother church maybe? But perfect teachings on morals?

The simple ... logical ... rational ... FACT is that is very, very unlikely.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
..Its very upsetting. An upstanding catholic such as Anthony promising to post us over 100 links of factual information and he doesn't come through. It is so disheartening.
I should have known. He is not the Anthony we thought he was.
BUSTED.....again!(lol)
100 links!

I'd be happy with 5 links. But a bog ZERO and we both know why.

It seems that for some Catholics, facts are like water to the Wicked Witch of the West. Facts melt their reality away.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Comparing Catholic-dominated societies with Protestant/deist societies......

The Catholic societies are less literate, poorer, and have more crime.

Any questions about the reality of that "one true" baloney?

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

philosopher from Holland wrote:
It was the German philosopher F. Nietzsche who concluded that God is dead, we all killed him. We only see His shadow.
If you want to understand what he meant with this, you have to read his books.
Clearly believing does not help mankind because still a lot of people are killed for their believe, or because their believe is different or they themself are disrespectful to others who believe something else or to people who do not believe at all or they..
So maybe we are in need of a new Man, like Nietzsche told us. We ourself are not good enough.
Do not blame it on somebody else.
<quoted text>
You know what would be great? You going back to Holland.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace <3
You are the topic police? Does it pay well?

“Which "god"?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
Comparing Catholic-dominated societies with Protestant/deist societies......

The Catholic societies are less literate, poorer, and have more crime.

Any questions about the reality of that "one true" baloney?
"Any moron with a match can light a fire. Raining down sulphur is an endurance trial."

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats this a turnaround?
For months you berated confrinting and his elderly wife who also have grand children, over and over with your bully tactics calling him MR FRAUD and his lovely wife a LIAR.
HIPOCRIT!
if they wish to tell you why I know it wasnt them, it is up to them, but I do know it wasnt them, and we dont have to enlighten you on everything that goes on on this forum.

and I think that my statement about them raising children not their own should be sufficient for.

but as far as the FACT that they wouldnt have done it,and i know it, I am not going to tell you

“Which "god"?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>You are the topic police? Does it pay well?
"What are you going to do? Hit me with a fish?"

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
100 links!
I'd be happy with 5 links. But a bog ZERO and we both know why.
It seems that for some Catholics, facts are like water to the Wicked Witch of the West. Facts melt their reality away.
The Papists defend their"religion"out of reflex.Worshiping men and money , is a poor excuse for a religion.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
"Any moron with a match can light a fire. Raining down sulphur is an endurance trial."
Gosh, that is so....not profound.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting idea that you say about the Church that Jesus instituted and initiated in the bible-- however-- it is "nothing more" than your own (personal opinion) which does not (in any way, shape or form) coincide or parallel with True Apostolic Church History that has been recorded for over 2000 years...... Throughout the centuries, Apologist historian authors and writers "both Catholic and Protestant" do not agree" with your "made up conclusions". If you would take time to "study" the truth of true church history, you would not be making "ridiculous statements" about an "invisible church" which does not exist!!!!
Everyone has their own opinon, even non believers do they matter yes because the wrong information could turn them away from the truth which is in Christ Jesus; (which by the way catholic and protestant churchs alike have done.)
Jesus came Preaching the Kingdom of God which is a Heavenly KIngdom not earthly.
The only person who leads the true church of Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit, UNLESS A PERSON IS BORN AGAIN IN THE SPIRIT OF ALMIGHTY GOD THEY ARE NOT PART OF GODS TRUE CHURCH.
BECAUSE UNLESS THEY ARE REBIRTH IN THE HOLY SPIRIT; THEY CAN NOT HEAR THE TRUTH, THEY ARE SPIRITUAL DEAF WHAT THEY CAN'T HEAR THEY CAN'T COMPREHEND. " FAITH COMES FROM HEARING; HEARING THE WORD OF THE LORD" THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO SITTING IN CATHOLIC AND PROTESTANT CHURCH WHO DON'T HEAR WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS SAYING TO THE TRUE CHURCH OF GOD.
BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST IN THEM, IT'S ALL ABOUT JESUS.
THE BIBLE IS ALL ABOUT JESUS, FROM GEN, TO REV. WE CAN'T MAKE IT ABOUT CATHOLIC'S OR PROTESTANT DOCTRINE, ITS THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST; PREACHED AND RECIEVED BY AND THROUGH THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH.
THE HOLY SPIRIT OF ALMIGHTY GOD.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space.
......And what has the end result been?
Broken families, shattered lives, suicides, abandonment, on 5 continents, almost $3 BILLION paid out in restitution, not because the church did it on its own, only because they were sued over and over. Insurance companies and the catholics themselves who sit in the pews who caused none of this, have paid ALL the freight. There is a growing mistrust of the church leaders worldwide. GEE! I wonder why?
I will never again, belong to any organization that has policies in place that protect criminals and abandon victims, or go phone the police yourself. Why would any all loving God endorse such policies?
makes no common sense.
The 47,000 nuns in america under investigation by the vatican have said themselves, "we are being investigated by the bishops, and we molested no one, bishops covered up felony crimes and no investigations of them".
The newly formed priest associations I am sure have an agenda that also strongly disagrees how mother church has handled this whole mess.
The only reason that some policies changed is because the number of cases became so over whelming that the church had no other option than to finally admit guilt.
Rob, I just hope one day, the shoe isn't on the other foot when you might be screaming for help, and the people coming along say, go phone the police yourself.
There's an evil there.Your points are well taken.

“DARKER DAYS AHEAD”

Since: Jan 13

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

THE WARNING

Jude 1:3 (KJV) Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Jude 1:4 (KJV) For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Titus 1:16 (KJV) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Matthew 5:20 (KJV) For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 23:13 (KJV) But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Hosea 4:6 (KJV) My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Matthew 15:7 (KJV) Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

Matthew 15:8 (KJV) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Matthew 15:9 (KJV) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

LOVE BY FAITH, FAITH BY WORKS

SON OF THE LIVING GOD
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Written by a 90 year old

This is something we should all read at least once a week!!!!! Make sure you read to the end!!!!!!

Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio .

"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 42 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I've ever written.

My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short Ė enjoy it..

4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.

9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

10. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

11. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

12. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

13. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it...

14 Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

15. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.

16. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

17. It's never too late to be happy. But itís all up to you and no one else.

18. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

19. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

20. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

21. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

22. The most important sex organ is the brain.

23. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.

24. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'

25. Always choose life.

26. Forgive but donít forget.

27. What other people think of you is none of your business.

28. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

30. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does..

31. Believe in miracles.

32. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

33. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

34. Your children get only one childhood.

35. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

36. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

37. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

38. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have not what you need.

39. The best is yet to come...

40. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

41. Yield.

42. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."

Its estimated 93% won't forward this. If you are one of the 7% who will, forward this with the title '7%'.

I'm in the 7%. Friends are the family that we choose

Like ∑∑ Share ∑ 33 minutes ago ∑
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace <3
It can be!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 398,561 - 398,580 of512,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••