Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,498
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413696 Jan 7, 2013
No self-respecting God would have appointed and guided anything like this.....

Not any ordinary child sex-abuse cover-up, but:

-- a cover-up spanning several decades.

-- a cover-up spanning all 5 inhabited continents on earth

-- a cover-up involving the abuse of tens of thousands of children

-- a cover-up involving abuse at orphanages and schools for deaf children on at least 3 or more continents.

--- a cover-up made possible by the use of Jesus' name.

DUH!!!!!! What kind of God would claim that?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413697 Jan 7, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Damn.Seems as if.....I can't go a day....without a sin......you must be a hell of a lot better than I....
waco 1909 says......Damn.Seems as if.....I can't go a day....without a sin.

Michael says........Thats too bad! If smoking cigarettes can kill a smoker and the smoker QUITS smoking why can't you stop sinning?

If an alcoholic can stop drinking alcohol because it can kill him, why can't you stop sinning?

Its called control. Its obvious you haven't got there yet.

If you know before you commit the sin that you are going to commit the sin, can't you control your bad ways?

BUSTED!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413698 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The mind-lust thing gets me every time.
But Michael is Canadian. Beer and moose aren't prohibited by the Bible.
I love Beer, I hate the moose!

Its obvious that catholics are more in love with their church than they are with God. No God would allow scandals in his church and if scandals did arise, an all loving God would EXPECT his followers to be pro-active in ridding their church of scandals. They do NOTHING!

Sitting in church on sunday with a big smerk on their face, means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if the followers allow criminal activity to carry on without their support to rid it. They do nothing.

They are BUSTED!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413699 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems we are both still waiting for one of those elusive working links from a Catholic -- the ones we keep hearing about but never see.
But even a stopped watch is right twice a day, so soon hopefully.
For the last 3 1/2 years ANTHONY, sister REGINA M., HOJO, CLAY,etc have condemned anyone talking about abuse scandals in their church and DENYING they occured..........but lately they too have all collectively got on the ABUSE BAND WAGON and are now trying to equal the playing field by claiming protestant clergy are as bad as catholic clergy when it comes to scandals.

UNBELIEVABLE!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413700 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring up the title: Protestant "Church abuse equals or exceeds
Catholic Church" and you will find at least 2 dozen websites including the links I posted earlier refuting your anti-catholic garbage!!!
Listen HONEY BOO BOO....Why would you worry about another group of God fearing people and their issues, when you have so many problems in your own church to deal with?

......nuns running amuck.
......priests forming unions
......catholics in great numbers not practicing their faith.
......catholics/priests/nuns wanting optional celebacy
......catholics wanting women priests

AND YOU HAVE ROOM TO TALK ABOUT OTHERS!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413701 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems we are both still waiting for one of those elusive working links from a Catholic -- the ones we keep hearing about but never see.
But even a stopped watch is right twice a day, so soon hopefully.
FREE MIND says.....But even a stopped watch is right twice a day, so soon hopefully.

MICHAEL says......that is why I smashed my watch. When it was running it was always slow. Now that its broken, at least every 24 hours its accurate and on time.

common sense right?(lol)

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#413702 Jan 7, 2013
Best quotes from Dogma, IMHO.

"Trust the Catholics to unmake existence."
The Muse.

"Crisis of faith over?" The 13th Apostle.
"I think I'm now burdened with an over abundance." Bethany.

Bartleby - "You know how I felt? Righteous, justified, eager even..."

Loki - "You all right man? You're eyes are kind of..."

Bartleby - "My eyes are open, for the first time I get it. When that little innocent girl let her mission slip, I had an epiphany. In the beginning it was just us and Him, Angels and God..."

Loki - "Ah ha..."

Bartleby - "...Then He created humans, ours was designed to be a life of servitude and worship and bowing and scraping and adoration! He gave them more than He ever gave us! He gave them a choice! They can choose to acknowledge God or they can choose to ignore Him! All this time we've been down here, I've felt the absence of the Divine Presence and it's pained me as I'm sure it must've pained you, and why? Because of the way He made us! Had we been given free will, we could choose to ignore the pain, like they do... But NO! We're servants!"

Loki - "Ok... Well, all I'm sayin' here is that one of us may need a little nap..."

Bartleby - "Wake up! Humans have besmirched everything He's bestowed upon them! They were given paradise, they threw it away! They were given this planet, they've destroyed it! They were favoured best among all his endeavours and some of them, don't even believe He exists! And in spite of it all, He has shown them infinite f#cking patience, at every turn. What about us? I asked you, once, to lay down the sword, cause I felt sorry for them, what was the result? Our expulsion from paradise! Where was His infinite f#cking patience then?!?! It's not right! It's not fair! We've paid our debt, don't you think it's time? Don't you think it's time we went home?....and to do that, I, I think we might have to dispatch our, our would be dispatchers..."

Loki - "Wait...wait..wait! Kill them?!! You're talking about the last scion for Christ's sake, and what about Jay and Bob? I mean, those guys were all right.."

Bartleby - "Don't, don't my friend, don't let your sympathies get the best of you, they did me once. Scion or not, she's just a human, and by passing through that arch, our sins are forgiven...No harm, no foul."

Loki - "My God. I've heard a rant like this before..."

Bartleby - "What did you say?"

Loki - "I've heard a rant like this before."

Bartleby - "Don't you f ing do that to me..."

Loki - "You sound like the morning star."

B "You shut your f ing mouth!"

L "You do! You sound like Lucifer man! You've f ing lost it! You're not talking about going home Bartleby! You're talkin' about f cking WAR on God!!! Well, f ck that! I have seen what happens to the proud, when they take on the throne. I'm going back to Wisconsin."

God - "Awww, Bartleby, was Wisconsin that bad?"

Bethany - "I think God is dead."
Jewish Doctor - "The sign of a true Catholic."

Blessings <3

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413703 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
For the last 3 1/2 years ANTHONY, sister REGINA M., HOJO, CLAY,etc have condemned anyone talking about abuse scandals in their church and DENYING they occured..........but lately they too have all collectively got on the ABUSE BAND WAGON and are now trying to equal the playing field by claiming protestant clergy are as bad as catholic clergy when it comes to scandals.
UNBELIEVABLE!
If everybody else in the world is 'doing it', it would not make it right for ANY of God's people to do so.
truth

Perth, Australia

#413704 Jan 7, 2013
god listen prayers
pray can anybody man and woman
pray to remove what your hand and mind make to be dangerous..
Did you?
You don't!
Your leaders want be powerful!
with that is destruction toward your people does meter which one..because your desire is to have..now you liked blame who give you warning..but your leaders still play as well make manipulation to accuse others..no no...TALK ABOUT PEACE.

#413705 Jan 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
The Muse.
Bartleby - "My eyes are open, for the first time I get it. When that little innocent girl let her mission slip, I had an epiphany. In the beginning it was just us and Him, Angels and God..."
Loki - "Ah ha..."
Bartleby - "...Then He created humans, ours was designed to be a life of servitude and worship and bowing and scraping and adoration! He gave them more than He ever gave us! He gave them a choice! They can choose to acknowledge God or they can choose to ignore Him! All this time we've been down here, I've felt the absence of the Divine Presence and it's pained me as I'm sure it must've pained you, and why? Because of the way He made us! Had we been given free will, we could choose to ignore the pain, like they do... But NO! We're servants!"
Loki - "Ok... Well, all I'm sayin' here is that one of us may need a little nap..."
Bartleby - "Wake up! Humans have besmirched everything He's bestowed upon them! They were given paradise, they threw it away! They were given this planet, they've destroyed it! They were favoured best among all his endeavours and some of them, don't even believe He exists! And in spite of it all, He has shown them infinite f#cking patience, at every turn. What about us? I asked you, once, to lay down the sword, cause I felt sorry for them, what was the result? Our expulsion from paradise! Where was His infinite f#cking patience then?!?! It's not right! It's not fair! We've paid our debt, don't you think it's time? Don't you think it's time we went home?....and to do that, I, I think we might have to dispatch our, our would be dispatchers..."
Loki - "Wait...wait..wait! Kill them?!! You're talking about the last scion for Christ's sake, and what about Jay and Bob? I mean, those guys were all right.."
Bartleby - "Don't, don't my friend, don't let your sympathies get the best of you, they did me once. Scion or not, she's just a human, and by passing through that arch, our sins are forgiven...No harm, no foul."
L "You do! You sound like Lucifer man! You've f ing lost it! You're not talking about going home Bartleby! You're talkin' about f cking WAR on God!!! Well, f ck that! I have seen what happens to the proud, when they take on the throne. I'm going back to Wisconsin."
Blessings <3
How can such a filthy mouth even talk about church? Of course, you said that you liked to ---with ministers. I knew a man like that once. He scared the wits out of a few preachers. When I told him what he was doing...and why he was doing it, he was the one who was scared.

God is not mocked...
truth

Perth, Australia

#413706 Jan 7, 2013
your mind and hand make great sin or error..
you are not god..you are man.
you try accuse somebody else what your leaders want..its sin as well error.
-not to wish anything what is powerful

upon everything is only one
before you catch
its going into pit everything and everyone..
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413707 Jan 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ok Mike, buddy up with the SDA's, JW's and holy rolling pentecostals, they believe in the 'fictional' Jesus too, but at least they hate the Catholic Church just like you, so at least you got that goin' for you....
There is trouble in paradise. Catholics should all be well aware of what is really going on in their church and not just what is going on in their little parish. Everything at the top slides down hill at some point and ends up at the parish level.

The big picture is most important.......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/vati...

Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413708 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
UNBELIEVABLE!
It's called rationalization.

Somehow being no worse than the Baptists is supposed to mean something.(Hardly, in light of the topic of this board.)

They just don't get it -- IT'S THE COVER-UP.

But they can't admit it, because deep down inside -- WE ALL KNOW that no self-respecting God would want His name associated with a...

... DECADES-LONG,

... WORLDWIDE,

... INSTITUTIONAL COVER-UP.

Jesus must bristle at the title of this board.

I hear Mary is really miffed.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413709 Jan 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
If everybody else in the world is 'doing it', it would not make it right for ANY of God's people to do so.
Everybody in the world isn't doing it, but the teachers of some faiths, have obviously set very poor examples of themselves, and how is anyone suppose to believe anything they say when they fail to correct their own problems when they arise?

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413710 Jan 7, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called rationalization.
Somehow being no worse than the Baptists is supposed to mean something.(Hardly, in light of the topic of this board.)
They just don't get it -- IT'S THE COVER-UP.
But they can't admit it, because deep down inside -- WE ALL KNOW that no self-respecting God would want His name associated with a...
... DECADES-LONG,
... WORLDWIDE,
... INSTITUTIONAL COVER-UP.
Jesus must bristle at the title of this board.
I hear Mary is really miffed.
Everytime one of these stories below hits the media and thousands of people read them, another couple chunks of squeeky clean mortar falls from the church. Soon just bad cement will remain and down she comes.

Do bad things it catches up to you in this life. Do good things, good things will happen to you.

Its obvious the catholic church is now in the bad KARMA phase.

......and catholics would rather blame us for reporting these problems, but fear standing up to fix the real problems.

#413711 Jan 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody in the world isn't doing it, but the teachers of some faiths, have obviously set very poor examples of themselves, and how is anyone suppose to believe anything they say when they fail to correct their own problems when they arise?
The main difference in denominations is simply those who oversee them. Thankfully, I am in a group that disciplines such failures.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#413712 Jan 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
As a true follower of Jesus Christ, along with my other Catholic brothers and sisters in Christ, who know, believe, adhere to and comprehend the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically proven One True Church, I will repeat what you and other Protestant, atheists and agnostics still do not seem to understand..... It is the difference between TRUTH of Christian doctrine vs personal conduct, The Church teaches that is is wrong to kill, commit adultery, rape, etc. however, that does not guarantee that a Catholic (or a Protestant) will never kill, rape or commit sin, does it!! Just because a Catholic kills someone, doesn't negate the TRUTH of the Churches teaching that we are not suppose to kill. The issue here is DOCTRINE VS CONDUCT! You keep harping about the conduct of certain members of the Catholic Church in the middle ages and in the 20th century regarding abuse. The Church was built upon the blood of martyrs who were murdered for their faith in Christ. Saints, Popes and Bishops all stood firm in their commitment to Christ even though they knew that it meant certain death. In addition, Protestants have also killed Catholics, however, I don't judge either Protestants or Catholics upon the CONDUCT of some of their members. I judge them on whether they teach the TRUTH ion accordance with Sacred Scripture and tradition. There is a BIG DIFFERENCE!!! No one is denying that the Catholic Church (or Protestants) have sinners. This is precisely why Christ established His Church---"to save sinners"! Just because some of its members (stray and sin) doesn't mean that it was not founded, initiated and established by Jesus Christ to teach His infallible TRUTH. If you are going to the Catholic Church by the CONDUCT then you should "throw out" your bible, because (every one) of its authors were sinners. Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners". This only shows how duplicitous, warped and confused that Protestants are in their ingrained, distorted and perverted, anti-catholic thinking
HOJO, 90% of your catholic doctrine was taught by men who have slaughter millions of People or stood by and allowed it to happen.
They have encouraged or allowed the rape and murder of children some very young.
David was a repenter as Preston said, he made no excuse for what he did, your present Pope lied about the abuse in the catholic church.
He stated as an arguement that in some countries child rape was allowed.
Does that sound like a man of God no. You should read up on some of the men who sat in the Popes chair HOJO.
You may not have like the protestant churches but I am afraid you have jumped from the frying pan into the fire.
Peter was a Holy Man of God, he was murdered by the Roman's church which became the Roman Catholic Church.
Because he would not stop preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ He told the whole truth.
Paul also was killed for the same reason by the Catholic church.
HOJO, I am glad you love the Lord, of course most catholic truly do, but you are mistaken the catholic church's foundation was not built on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

#413713 Jan 7, 2013
FOLLOW: Fox News, The Pope, Video, Catholic Church Scandals, Pope Benedict XVI Scandals, Catholic, Church, Corrupt Churches, Corruption, Religion, Scandal, Vatican, Vatican Corruption, Religion News
Huge institutions, struggling with corruption and suffering historic crises of legitimacy, are becoming all too commonplace these days. Could the same fate befall the largest Christian denomination in the world?

Recently, Catholics -- including Chris Matthews -- have worried that the power of government could destroy the authority of the Church. At a time when institutional corruption worldwide has become a strong source of disillusionment and anger, concerns are growing that the Vatican is in danger of losing its own authority.
With a host of scandals and no hope of a bailout, the Vatican is working to regain its footing by showing a willingness to play by modern rules. For example, the Holy See has hired a Fox News correspondent to run its communications shop.

Is a more corporate approach the Catholic Church's silver bullet?

Can the Vatican right its ship without radically reforming its power structure, or is it time for sweeping change at the top?

What happens to religion if churches are perceived as just as corrupt as big institutions in the secular world?

#413714 Jan 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ok Mike, buddy up with the SDA's, JW's and holy rolling pentecostals, they believe in the 'fictional' Jesus too, but at least they hate the Catholic Church just like you, so at least you got that goin' for you....

This one is FUNNY! Only last week I read that there is a huge Pentecostal movement in the CC. I should have posted it.

Maybe He will roll some of the starch out of them...
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#413715 Jan 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
The Muse.
Loki - "Ah ha..."
Blessings <3
you really have a potty mouth why don't you take it were others would appreciated it more

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr kent 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Fri Cat74 11
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web