Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,926)

Showing posts 398,501 - 398,520 of530,165
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>You may be right. I have been here over 3 plus years to long and done expierenced every issue that these folks have to discuss. Maybe you can add something new to the pot but I doubt it.
~~~

JUST CONTINUE TO TELL THE OLD OLD STORY "OF JESUS AND HIS LOVE,"
and leave the rest up to the HOLY SPIRIT..to take it from there..

G I F.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>You may be right. I have been here over 3 plus years to long and done expierenced every issue that these folks have to discuss. Maybe you can add something new to the pot but I doubt it.
Wait a couple of days.I usually wind up offending everyone with a pulse, and pick up a couple of stalkers in the process.Three years IS A LONG time though, I don't blame you for being bored.Everyone here seems to be pretty well locked in to their opinions.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with you, Free Mind, and other bible only "hypocrites" is that all of you (non-thinking Protestants) deal in COLD HARD "IRRATIONAL" FACTS.
"None of you" still do not seem to understand the difference between TRUTH of Christian doctrine vs personal conduct, The Church teaches that is is wrong to kill, commit adultery, rape, etc. however, that does not guarantee that a Catholic (or a Protestant) will never kill, rape or commit sin, does it!! Just because a Catholic kills someone, doesn't negate the TRUTH of the Churches teaching that we are not suppose to kill. The issue here is DOCTRINE VS CONDUCT! You keep harping about the conduct of certain members of the Catholic Church in the middle ages and in the 20th century regarding abuse. The Church was built upon the blood of martyrs who were murdered for their faith in Christ. Saints, Popes and Bishops all stood firm in their commitment to Christ even though they knew that it meant certain death. In addition, Protestants have also killed Catholics, however, I don't judge either Protestants or Catholics upon the CONDUCT of some of their members. I judge them on whether they teach the TRUTH ion accordance with Sacred Scripture and tradition. There is a BIG DIFFERENCE!!! No one is denying that the Catholic Church (or Protestants) have sinners. This is precisely why Christ established His Church---"to save sinners"! Just because some of its members (stray and sin) doesn't mean that it was not founded, initiated and established by Jesus Christ to teach His infallible TRUTH. If you are going to the Catholic Church by the CONDUCT then you should "throw out" your bible, because (every one) of its authors were sinners. Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners". This only shows how duplicitous, warped and confused that Protestants are in their ingrained, distorted and perverted, anti-catholic thinking
Sorry Hojo, I am not any kind of Protestant. I am a simple deist. But I do believe in many ideals which grew out of the Protestant Reformation.

As do you. That's why you continue to live in, and love the USA.

So why does it bother you so much when I defend those ideals.

The simple ... logical ... rational ... FACT is that it is very, very unlikely that Jesus had anything to do with the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.

It is very, very unlikely that Jesus appointed the perpetrator of the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.

No self-respecting God would want His name associated with the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.

The same goes for church-owned banks.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> WHAT IS THE NAME of this thread? By the way, David was not merely an adulterer, he was a pre-mediated murderer.No church is blameless, all sin,but the Catholic Church has no monopoly on being the"true"church.
Yet he was a man after God's own heart. What does that tell you.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK!! So now digest this!!!
Protestant clergy abuse equals or exceeds Catholic clergy
dannimos.wordpress.com/2008/06/20jprotestant-...
suite101.com/article/sex-abuse-in-the-protest...
Protestant ministers have more pedophiles than Catholic clery
bluepanjest.net/2010/10/14/11419protestant-mi...
The truth is that your mind has been "cluttered" with anti-catholic (junk articles) that has also polluted your heart and soul!!!
Stop being a clown. None of the links you gave exist.

Simple moral logic.....

It is very, very unlikely that Jesus appointed the perpetrator of the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.

No self-respecting God would want his name associated with the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.

The same applies to scandal-ridden church banks.

Say hello to moral logic.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Hojo, I am not any kind of Protestant. I am a simple deist. But I do believe in many ideals which grew out of the Protestant Reformation.
As do you. That's why you continue to live in, and love the USA.
So why does it bother you so much when I defend those ideals.
The simple ... logical ... rational ... FACT is that it is very, very unlikely that Jesus had anything to do with the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.
No self-respecting God would want His name associated with the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.
The same goes for church-owned banks.
THE ITALIAN government doesn't seem to trust the Vatican bank.They ought to know...

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet he was a man after God's own heart. What does that tell you.
It tells me that GOD can love anyone.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

No self-respecting God would have appointed and guided anything like this.....

-- a cover-up spanning several decades.

-- a cover-up on all 5 inhabited continents on earth

-- a cover-up involving the abuse of tens of thousands of children

-- a cover-up involving abuse at orphanages and schools for deaf children on at least 3 or more continents.

DUH!!!!!! What kind of God would claim that?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

By the way LTM what's your angle here? What axe are you grinding?
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> THE ITALIAN government doesn't seem to trust the Vatican bank.They ought to know...
The entire EU doesn't seem to trust the Vatican Bank.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Each one of your 42,000+ bible only Protestant inconsistent beliefs have their (own)"personal opinionated" self interpretation (so-called truths?????) of the bible that conflicts and contradicts with each other.(There can be ONLY one TRUTH)--not 42,000+ hodge-podge beliefs that conflict with each other. The word of God and the teachings of Jesus are not based upon (Relative Truth) in which each one decides (for themselves) what is truth!
Additionally, what you (fail toi or don't want to) understand is that in the teachings of the Catholic Church --"each day at Daily Mass" are based upon the Gospel, Salvation and teachings of Jesus Christ, manifested in/and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. This is where the (fullness) of the Spirit and the Doctrine of the (fullness) of the TRUTH of Jesus is proclaimed and received through His True Body and True Blood, in the Eucharist (John 6:47-59 "for unless you eat my Body (which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink) "YOU CANNOT----have eternal life"-----It is in Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church where the "FULLNES of the faith, and the FULLNESS of the truth is manifested in His visible, heirarchical, authoritative One True Church from Matthew 16:13-21 which began with Jesus' first Church in Antioch(Acts 2) with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders (also Acts 2)----the same Churches that Paul writes to in his letters ot the Churches in Corinth,Galatia, Ephesus, Phillipi, Colossus, Thessalonica, etc, all preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, just as it has been taught for over 2000 years.
You see LTM, your idea of truth, has never, nor will ever be based up 42,000+ contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent (RELATIVE TRUTHS). Your (personal opinion) "denial" of the FULLNESS of the TRUTH of doctrine that has existed for over 2000 years, "cannot, nor will not" change the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church--"the bride of Christ" --You continue to "fish and catch nothing" just like Peter did before His TRUE conversion to Jesus Christ!!!
HOJO, now you know I don't follow a doctrine of any religion, I am a follower of Jesus Christ.
So as a follower of Christ I am commanded to plant seeds of faith in God and tell people about His Kingdom, not a denomination.
Denominations are mans idea not Gods.
Now man has made their god out of wood, marble, various kinds of metal, idols of every kind. I will continue to worship the unseen God .
For the very reason you gave here {"42,000+ hodge-podge beliefs that conflict with each other".}
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
By the way LTM what's your angle here? What axe are you grinding?
Hi Waco, also glad to see some one new on here.
No angle, grinding no axe.
LOL
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> It tells me that GOD can love anyone.
it was never that david was a good sinner,

but rather he was a great repenter
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The Invisible church CANNOT BE SEEN except by those who are 'born' into it!
There are some in many denominations...and when you meet one on the street, their face may be unknown to you, but you will soon find that both of you LOVE THE LORD, AND HIS WORD.
Amen Confrinting Amen.:)

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO, now you know I don't follow a doctrine of any religion, I am a follower of Jesus Christ.
So as a follower of Christ I am commanded to plant seeds of faith in God and tell people about His Kingdom, not a denomination.
Denominations are mans idea not Gods.
Now man has made their god out of wood, marble, various kinds of metal, idols of every kind. I will continue to worship the unseen God .
For the very reason you gave here {"42,000+ hodge-podge beliefs that conflict with each other".}
Ok, I got it.We have something in common.Who knew? I haven't been to a church in fourteen years.But, this has not been an easy trip, nor is it finished.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>it was never that david was a good sinner,
I always wondered how David, ostensibly a very good person who loved the lord, could commit premeditated murder for a woman.....then...I met this woman...and I knew.I knew....
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Amazing wisdom.
LOL for a 90 year old woman, her brain still seems to be very alert. There was a picture of her, dressed in a blue dress with all different kinds of colours on it something you see out of the 60's and 70's hippy beads etc. LOL
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Ok, I got it.We have something in common.Who knew? I haven't been to a church in fourteen years.But, this has not been an easy trip, nor is it finished.
Jesus never promised it would be easy.
If you are with 2 or 3 people talking about the Lord you are the Church of Christ come together in His HOly Name, there He will be also.
I never miss an oppotunity to talk about Jesus.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

I am a great repenter.

I prayed for a new bike, but that rarely works for me.

So I stole a bike and later repented.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>it was never that david was a good sinner,
Amen Preston.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 398,501 - 398,520 of530,165
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••