Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,471
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413562 Jan 5, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple ... logical ... reasonable ... rational FACT is that it is highly unlikely that any God would allow his so-called "morals" teacher to bring humanity the LARGEST child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world HISTORY.
That is very, very unlikely.
"Largest child abuse over-up in the world??? This is just more of your Protestant myths and legends that you continue to "dream up"!! You, Free Mind, been reading, way too many anti-catholic fictitious (exaggerated reports) that have absolutely "no basis" of truth or fact! It is (however) a "proven fact" that your hypocritical bible only Protestant ministers equal or exceeds the Catholic Church in sexual abuse crimes committed against young people.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#413563 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow during your little Sabbath observance, think about the deceit filled slander you posted the night before, knowing it was untrue.
Then, ask yourself if you're even a Christian.
The type of junk you posted is the same Propaganda that led me back into the Catholic Church. I pray other cradle Catholics can recognize the red flag when someone has to violate the 9th commandment just to have a religion!(that would be you)
You make it so easy for me to remain Catholic.
Can't your religion stand on its own x
two feet? Why does it rely so heavily on spreading slander about Catholics??
Obviously its not strong enough unless it spreads lies. Its built on sand and will sink within 5 min of a theological debate.
My Religion is being a desciple of Christ it is called being a Christian.

The URL the above data come from is:

www.GotQuestions.org

Google it
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#413564 Jan 5, 2013
HUMOR
A father was approached by his small son who told him proudly, "I know what the Bible means!"
His father smiled and replied, "What do you mean, you 'know' what the Bible means? The son replied, "I do know!"
"Okay," said his father. "What does the Bible mean?"
"That's easy, Daddy..." the young boy replied excitedly," It stands for 'Basic Information Before Leaving Earth..'(
There was a very gracious lady who was mailing an old family Bible to her brother in another part of the country.
"Is there anything breakable in here?" asked the postal clerk.
"Only the Ten Commandments." answered the lady.
========
"Somebody has said there are only two kinds of people in the world. There are those who wake up in the morning and say, "Good morning, Lord," and there are those who wake up in the morning and say, "Good Lord, it's morning."
========
A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter.
Then he put a note under the windshield wiper that read: "I have circled the block 10 times. If I don't park here, I'll miss my appointment. Forgive us our trespasses." When he returned, he found a citation from a police officer along with this note "I've circled this block for 10 years. If I don't give you a ticket I'll lose my job. Lead us not into temptation."
========
There is the story of a pastor who got up one Sunday and announced to his congregation: "I have good news and bad news. The good news is, we have enough money to pay for our new building program. The bad news is, it's still out there in your pockets."
========
While driving in Pennsylvania , a family caught up to an Amish carriage. The owner of the carriage obviously had a sense of humor, because attached to the back of the carriage was a hand printed sign... "Energy efficient vehicle: Runs on oats and grass. Caution: Do not step in exhaust."
========
A Sunday School teacher began her lesson with a question, "Boys and girls, what do we know about God?"
A hand shot up in the air. "He is an artist!" said the kindergarten boy.
"Really? How do you know?" the teacher asked.
"You know - Our Father, who does art in Heaven... "
========
A minister waited in line to have his car filled with gas just before a long holiday weekend. The attendant worked quickly, but there were many cars ahead of him. Finally, the attendant motioned him toward a vacant pump.
"Reverend," said the young man, "I'm so sorry about the delay. It seems as if everyone waits until the last minute to get ready for a long trip."
The minister chuckled, "I know what you mean. It's the same in my business."
========
People want the front of the bus, the back of the church, and the center of attention.
========
Sunday after church, a Mom asked her very young daughter what the lesson was about.
The daughter answered, "Don't be scared, you'll get your quilt."
Needless to say, the Mom was perplexed. Later in the day, the pastor stopped by for tea and the Mom asked him what that morning's Sunday school lesson was about.
He said "Be not afraid, thy comforter is coming."
========
The minister was preoccupied with thoughts of how he was going to ask the congregation to come up with more money than they were expecting for repairs to the church building. Therefore, he was annoyed to find that the regular organist was sick and a substitute had been brought in at the last minute.. The substitute wanted to know what to play.
"Here's a copy of the service," he said impatiently. "But, you'll have to think of something to play after I make the announcement about the finances."
During the service, the minister paused and said, "Brothers and Sisters, we are in great difficulty; the roof repairs cost twice as much as we expected and we need $4,000 more. Any of you who can pledge $100 or more, please stand up."
At that moment, the substitute organist played "The Star Spangled Banner."
And that is how the substitute became the regular organist!

United States

#413565 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. Or perhaps your ignorance and bigotry prevents you from admitting that there are Catholic men who love God so much that they willingly give up sex for the kingdom.
-
And then there are priests who love little boys more than they love God.
-
again, the Catholic church has all the marks of a cult - every one of them.

United States

#413566 Jan 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Perhaps. Or perhaps your ignorance and bigotry prevents you from admitting that there are Catholic men who love God so much that they willingly give up sex for the kingdom.
-
-
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
And then there are priests who love little boys more than they love God.
-
again, the Catholic church has all the marks of a cult - every one of them.
-
going a step further ... there are also those who love the Catholic Church more than God, because they have protected pedophiles and thrown the little Altar Boys to the dogs.
-
some of those Altar Boys have committed suicide rather than live with the pain of the terror the priests put them through ... in the Name of God.

Matthew 23:9 ... call no man your father. Jesus said.
He said it for a reason.
With what the Catholic Church has done to its own parishioners ... we now know the reason. They have made it abundantly clear.
-
The "only True Church" would never have let this happen.
The Only True Church would have protected and cherished God's Holy Name.
-
The Catholic Church did not. Instead, they have besmirched God's Holy Name and slandered him by protecting pedophiles. and murderers. and torturers.
Why?
They are the world's biggest and most longstanding CULT.
and this can be proven.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#413567 Jan 6, 2013
REGINA: you made a statement that it is in scripture that the catholic church is the church jesus built,i've asked you to post this scripture where he says this,and you haven't how come?? is it because it's a lie? and there is no such scripture?
philosopher from Holland

Goes, Netherlands

#413568 Jan 6, 2013
It was the German philosopher F. Nietzsche who concluded that God is dead, we all killed him. We only see His shadow.
If you want to understand what he meant with this, you have to read his books.
Clearly believing does not help mankind because still a lot of people are killed for their believe, or because their believe is different or they themself are disrespectful to others who believe something else or to people who do not believe at all or they..

So maybe we are in need of a new Man, like Nietzsche told us. We ourself are not good enough.
Do not blame it on somebody else.
Luke wrote:
<quoted text>
And where was Martin Luther when the Church first started and what Church did he spring from? Well, it wasn't the Protestant faith, LOL!
They are the largest religious body IN the Netherlands. While we may not be welcomed there, looks like they are having to deal with us.
http://www.indexmundi.com/netherlands/religio...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413569 Jan 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The REAL Church is invisible. It is made up of those truly Born Again individuals who have accepted Jesus' sacrifice for them. He said that without being born again, one cannot 'see' the Kingdom of God. One cannot 'join' it by shaking a hand, or being received into a denominational group.
The Lord knows His own, and there are some in many different groups. That is what makes it invisible. No one denominational 'church' can lay claim to His church.
He doesn't make it hard. He paid our debt for us, and allows us to choose to answer His call.
Interesting idea that you say about the Church that Jesus instituted and initiated in the bible-- however-- it is "nothing more" than your own (personal opinion) which does not (in any way, shape or form) coincide or parallel with True Apostolic Church History that has been recorded for over 2000 years...... Throughout the centuries, Apologist historian authors and writers "both Catholic and Protestant" do not agree" with your "made up conclusions". If you would take time to "study" the truth of true church history, you would not be making "ridiculous statements" about an "invisible church" which does not exist!!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413571 Jan 6, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the argument he is making is that legislation against an offense proves knowledge that the offense is taking place.
Our directive is that we are to make IMMEDIATE report of any allegation of sexual abuse of a minor to DHS. I have never seen a directive as to what to do if someone tells me in the contexts of the confessional. I would push such a person to make the report themselves.
If someone told me that Fr. Smith had commited sexual abuse (and they are telling ME this outside of the confessional), my response would be to call DHS, and tell them Suzy had made an accusation against Fr. Smith. "When?" Why, she just told me. "No,*when* does she say this occurred?" I forget. You have your job. Go ASK the peson who made the accusation.
Rob
edited for space.

......And what has the end result been?

Broken families, shattered lives, suicides, abandonment, on 5 continents, almost $3 BILLION paid out in restitution, not because the church did it on its own, only because they were sued over and over. Insurance companies and the catholics themselves who sit in the pews who caused none of this, have paid ALL the freight. There is a growing mistrust of the church leaders worldwide. GEE! I wonder why?

I will never again, belong to any organization that has policies in place that protect criminals and abandon victims, or go phone the police yourself. Why would any all loving God endorse such policies?

makes no common sense.

The 47,000 nuns in america under investigation by the vatican have said themselves, "we are being investigated by the bishops, and we molested no one, bishops covered up felony crimes and no investigations of them".

The newly formed priest associations I am sure have an agenda that also strongly disagrees how mother church has handled this whole mess.

The only reason that some policies changed is because the number of cases became so over whelming that the church had no other option than to finally admit guilt.

Rob, I just hope one day, the shoe isn't on the other foot when you might be screaming for help, and the people coming along say, go phone the police yourself.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413572 Jan 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Largest child abuse over-up in the world??? This is just more of your Protestant myths and legends that you continue to "dream up"!! You, Free Mind, been reading, way too many anti-catholic fictitious (exaggerated reports) that have absolutely "no basis" of truth or fact! It is (however) a "proven fact" that your hypocritical bible only Protestant ministers equal or exceeds the Catholic Church in sexual abuse crimes committed against young people.
HOJO says......"Largest child abuse over-up in the world???

MICHAEL says.......$3 BILLION in lawsuits says so.

BUSTED!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413573 Jan 6, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the title of this thread?
No one is claiming such moral superiority except the RCC.
The simple ... logical ... reasonable ... FACT is that it is highly unlikely that any God would allow his so-called "morals" teacher to bring humanity the LARGEST child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world HISTORY.
That is very, very unlikely and you know it.
Whats wrong with being the first church? The mother church maybe? But perfect teachings on morals?
KARMA works.......

I am sure if a young child threw a rock through a church window, watch how fast the clergy jump to action then, DIALING 9-1-1.

When a child is molested and tells a priest, his suggestion is call 9-1-1 himself..........and GOOD LUCK!!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413574 Jan 6, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Off topic?
<3
Hi! Juicylu! welcome aboard.

Tell us what you are here for? We are good listeners.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413575 Jan 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I knew and I had a good reason for knowing that you and your companion didnt do it, and that can remain between us.
no family that goes and takes into their home, children without a home would do that.
Whats this a turnaround?

For months you berated confrinting and his elderly wife who also have grand children, over and over with your bully tactics calling him MR FRAUD and his lovely wife a LIAR.

HIPOCRIT!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413576 Jan 6, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
... They promise to post links, but almost never do.
... They call you names for posting links.
... All because the title of this board is absurd.
Thank you for expanding factual knowledge here.
Truth, Justice, America
..Its very upsetting. An upstanding catholic such as Anthony promising to post us over 100 links of factual information and he doesn't come through. It is so disheartening.

I should have known. He is not the Anthony we thought he was.

BUSTED.....again!(lol)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413577 Jan 6, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"It is not what goes into the body that defiles it,but what comes out(of the heart as it were)."
When people are careful about anything,they are ahead of the game.But wreckless behavior,accompanied with strong drink can be fatal.We are better off trying to discourage people from social drinking especially when they FLY PLANES,which is a common problem amongst pilots these days.
It is all about the attitude toward the alcoholic beverages to begin with.Does one know what they are dealing with?
Although we may call alcoholism a D I S E A S E,it still is that which warrants a strong focus on the part of all to not let the DRINK rule over the senses.
Most people I have met over the years that are hard drinkers or alcoholics their social life is the main reason they drink.

Going to sports bars 4-5 nights a week watching football and playing darts, drinking picture after picture of beer with their buds, eventually takes its toll.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#413578 Jan 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you DO realize that I have lost a lot of weight in the last year and my shoulders are not that broad anymore, so I dont know if I can bear that much responsibility from this "mess" in DC.
I am going to "pass the buck" and blame Miguel who lives in Canada.
atemcowboy.......says.

....I am going to "pass the buck" and blame Miguel who lives in Canada.

Miguel says........GIDDYUPP! atemcowboy!!

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#413579 Jan 6, 2013
"You know for a fact there's a God, you've been in His presence, He's spoken to you personally and you claim to be an atheist."

"I just like to f*ck with the Clergy."

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#413580 Jan 6, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>Hi! Juicylu! welcome aboard.

Tell us what you are here for? We are good listeners.
I thought it might be a Christian thread, seems to be off topic...
Peace <3
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413581 Jan 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You say the RCC's recent scandal and cover-up is NOT the LARGEST child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world HISTORY.

OK, I'll bite. What is?

Remember, in order to compete with the RCC, the cover-up must be...

-- a cover-up spanning several decades.

-- a cover-up on all 5 inhabited continents on earth

-- it must involve the abuse of tens of thousands of children

-- it must involve abuse at orphanages and schools for deaf children on at least 3 or more continents, and...

-- the abuser will probably have to have diplomatic immunity. Otherwise, they would probably be too afraid they'd be caught. They must have no sense of accountability.

Oh, btw -- it is very unlikely that any self-respecting God would have appointed and guided anything like this.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413582 Jan 6, 2013
COLD, HARD RATIONAL FACTS 101......

Per this board, the RCC claims moral superiority.

However....

The simple ... logical ... rational ... FACT is that it is highly unlikely that any God would allow his so-called "morals" teacher to bring humanity the LARGEST child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world HISTORY.

The simple ... logical ... rational ... FACT is that it is highly unlikely that Jesus would want His church to own a bank, yet alone one of the most scandal-ridden banks in Europe -- a bank that almost certainly laundered money for the mafia.

The simple ... logical ... reasonable ... FACT is that it is highly unlikely that Jesus would have guided a church to take a stand against democracy and concepts such as human rights.

The simple ... logical ... rational ... FACT is that it is highly unlikely that Jesus would have guided his church to recognize and give support to the slave States during the American Civil War.

Whats wrong with being the first church? The mother church maybe? But perfect teachings on morals?

The simple ... logical ... rational ... FACT is that is very, very unlikely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 8,512
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 8 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE