Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603516 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#413545 Jan 5, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
They all know, they just pretend they don't know. Because they don't want to know.
As soon as anyone posts true stories about bad ass clergy (some of them) all catholics start criticizing the person posting the information, that THEY should be aware of in the first place, and thank the poster for letting them know!
makes no common sense!
I love how they try to defend their dirty priests!

Every other group has pedophiles! Now get to the priest and confess your sins so that he can tell you what god needs you to do, so that god can forgive you. Forget what the priest did to that boy, the other priests will take care of him. god will guide them to do the right thing.

Does god say we can't rape boys? Nope, it is only man's law that says we can't. What do we do with father chester? Move him to another parish.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#413546 Jan 5, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies. I thought you were a leftie but I did not align you with them with the intent to insult you. I was just going by previous discussions in which you lead me to believe that you were.
I do not want to disrespect you again as I've done in the past.
I think you know the Bible well but lack the understanding of the roll of government.
lack the understanding. excuse me but I got an A in Govt 101 in college many years ago.my brother was a mayor as well as my dad who was a judge also.and my brother retired as a county commissioner.

I GREW UP IN POLITICS.

I thought that you knew that. as a young boy, Senators(Lauche) and high state officials came to our home. and went hunting with my dad at his home farm.

just because I dont vote doesnt mean that I am somewhat ignorant of what goes on in politics, I just gave my life over completely to the Lord and He is my governor and President.

at a small country church, I preached one night and after the service was over, a man came up and talked to me and told me that he enjoyed the message.

that man was the Lt. Governor of the state of Ohio. when people are running for office,in our county, they come to me and ask for my endorsement
disciple

Temecula, CA

#413548 Jan 5, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how they try to defend their dirty priests!
Every other group has pedophiles! Now get to the priest and confess your sins so that he can tell you what god needs you to do, so that god can forgive you. Forget what the priest did to that boy, the other priests will take care of him. god will guide them to do the right thing.
Does god say we can't rape boys? Nope, it is only man's law that says we can't. What do we do with father chester? Move him to another parish.
ignoramus has spoken..
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413549 Jan 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
0.000175% is (for sure) an exaggerated high %, but not according to Michael and his "National Inquire" kind of sources who will say print and "dig up" ANY kind of (junk statistics) in order to keep their vengeance, hate and hostility (on fire) in condemning, judging and attacking the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Michael lives a life of anti-catholic "desperation" hoping (beyond all hope) that someone---"anyone"-- will believe the "trash comments" that he is so famous for!! He can't seem to (get it through his head) that (not one-Catholic) who knows the truth--will believe "anything" that he "sprews out" on this forum. The Catholic Church has, is and will continue to "live on" despite heretics, hypocrites and bigots that have "unsuccessfully" for over 2000 years, attempted to undermine the Catholic Church and the peoples faith in Jesus Christ.
The simple ... logical ... reasonable ... rational FACT is that it is highly unlikely that any God would allow his so-called "morals" teacher to bring humanity the LARGEST child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world HISTORY.

That is very, very unlikely.
disciple

Temecula, CA

#413550 Jan 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lack the understanding. excuse me but I got an A in Govt 101 in college many years ago.my brother was a mayor as well as my dad who was a judge also.and my brother retired as a county commissioner.
I GREW UP IN POLITICS.
I thought that you knew that. as a young boy, Senators(Lauche) and high state officials came to our home. and went hunting with my dad at his home farm.
just because I dont vote doesnt mean that I am somewhat ignorant of what goes on in politics, I just gave my life over completely to the Lord and He is my governor and President.
at a small country church, I preached one night and after the service was over, a man came up and talked to me and told me that he enjoyed the message.
that man was the Lt. Governor of the state of Ohio. when people are running for office,in our county, they come to me and ask for my endorsement
Preston. There are 100 senators 435 representatives and 1 president in our government, not counting all state and city politicians. I am sure they all claim to know the role of government and look at the mess they have created.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#413551 Jan 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>a little boy, with the name of Preston as his middle name. when Jessie was coming home from the hospital, she asked them to keep him for two days to run more tests to make sure he was 100& healthy. we lost her daughter two years ago as several on here know. kylie was born blind, her spine was never fully fused and so her head jsut rolled around, and she had a hole in her heart and she was to be operated on a week after she died.
so God has blessed her and us with this beautiful baby boy
I remember your little Kyle, Preston. "God is Good all the time; All the Time God is Good."
I understand Jessie wanting to make sure. Blessings To Mom and Baby.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#413552 Jan 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lack the understanding. excuse me but I got an A in Govt 101 in college many years ago.my brother was a mayor as well as my dad who was a judge also.and my brother retired as a county commissioner.
I GREW UP IN POLITICS.
You know....oddly enough.....I like Ohio....especially the small towns........I know enough about people, and politics, to make me sick of both...to stay on"topic",I don't think much of that giant corporation known as the Catholic Church, but I don't hate Catholics..."hate"is a pill that kills the person who takes it...
Mother Mary

Elmwood Park, IL

#413553 Jan 5, 2013
confronting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
All the congregants that attended that saw the nun turn up the Chalice and drain it.
You can call us liars as much as you please... but it does not erase the truth...
if shes did not want it publicly announced ...she should not have done it in public..
As for your patience ...I did not realize that we had that much control over you....
One thing for sure you will not/cannot censor us....no matter how angry you get.
CWW, they are out there......the entities they call Gods.....they are real. This little petri dish flying thru space at 34MPS....they visit...they study....they control.....Pray CWW that they do not visit thy.......

Location hidden

#413554 Jan 5, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston. There are 100 senators 435 representatives and 1 president in our government, not counting all state and city politicians. I am sure they all claim to know the role of government and look at the mess they have created.
r u blaming me? lol.

not one of those men/women did I vote for
disciple

Temecula, CA

#413555 Jan 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>r u blaming me? lol.
not one of those men/women did I vote for
it's all your fault Preston...

Location hidden

#413556 Jan 5, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You know....oddly enough.....I like Ohio....especially the small towns........I know enough about people, and politics, to make me sick of both...to stay on"topic",I don't think much of that giant corporation known as the Catholic Church, but I don't hate Catholics..."hate"is a pill that kills the person who takes it...
I dont care much for politics either, I could not set besides a peson who told a bunch of lies about me like was done to my brother.

once some locals came to him wanting him to remove Republicans signs, and of course, he refused and they got mad.even when he told them, the signs were on "state" land by the Highway, and he had no authority to remove them, so his own party worked against him to defeat him in the next elections.

the bottom line is that he was never defeated in the upcoming elections, and I must confess, he is the only person that I know of .that never compromised nor lied while in office.

Location hidden

#413557 Jan 5, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
it's all your fault Preston...
you DO realize that I have lost a lot of weight in the last year and my shoulders are not that broad anymore, so I dont know if I can bear that much responsibility from this "mess" in DC.

I am going to "pass the buck" and blame Miguel who lives in Canada.
disciple

Temecula, CA

#413558 Jan 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you DO realize that I have lost a lot of weight in the last year and my shoulders are not that broad anymore, so I dont know if I can bear that much responsibility from this "mess" in DC.
I am going to "pass the buck" and blame Miguel who lives in Canada.
Well yea I can't say I'm getting any stronger either. I guess evolution is not working well for me. I thought the next thing was to grow wings or something.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#413559 Jan 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Let's settle this truth once and for all: It is the nearness of God that produces our good. Christianity was never designed by God to be sustained by nice people trying to appear good. We're not that good. We're not that clever. And we're not that nice. The only thing that can sustain true Christianity is true union with Jesus Christ. It is nearness to Him in all things that produces our spiritual fruit.

If we are honest, we will admit that, apart from the influence and work of God, there is nothing morally superior or remarkably virtuous about our lives.
Our flesh has the same carnal passions as do people in the world; our soul carries within it the same insecurities and fears.
Thus, apart from the influence of Christ in us, there's no difference between Christians and non-Christians (except that Christians, when living separate from God's presence, can be more obnoxious).

It's only our relationship with the Lord that keeps us from fulfilling the lusts and desires of the flesh, for apart from Him we can do nothing (John 15:5).
Therefore, the strength of our walk does not originate from within ourselves; rather it comes from our relationship with Christ.
Our virtue, if it can be defined as such, is that we have learned to prioritize seeking God; our character is the offspring of our oneness with Jesus.

By this I mean, Jesus is not only first on our list of priorities; His influence rules over all our priorities.
He inspires love in our relationships;
His voice becomes the conviction in our integrity. God has made "Christ Jesus" to be to us "wisdom … and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption" (1 Cor. 1:30).

Thus, the God-seeker desires to find the Lord's pleasure drawn to every aspect of his soul.
He also knows that, should an area of his heart exist in isolation from God, he will remain vulnerable to manipulation by the enemy in that area.

So let me underscore the psalmist's truth, and let us say with our own voice of conviction: it is the nearness of our God that is our good.
Beautifully put.
<3

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#413560 Jan 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont care much for politics either, I could not set besides a peson who told a bunch of lies about me like was done to my brother.
once some locals came to him wanting him to remove Republicans signs, and of course, he refused and they got mad.even when he told them, the signs were on "state" land by the Highway, and he had no authority to remove them, so his own party worked against him to defeat him in the next elections.
the bottom line is that he was never defeated in the upcoming elections, and I must confess, he is the only person that I know of .that never compromised nor lied while in office.
You're loyal to your brother.Wish all families were that way.Tea Party guy huh? I'm a moderate democrat, not real popular here in Texas, but most of my friends are conservatives.Not to mention, Tea Party.I backed Ted Cruz, the Tea Party guy, in Texas.Which doesn't make much sense I guess, but the mainstream republican who ran against him was such a liar, that I felt sorry for Cruz.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#413561 Jan 5, 2013
Off topic?
<3
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413562 Jan 5, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple ... logical ... reasonable ... rational FACT is that it is highly unlikely that any God would allow his so-called "morals" teacher to bring humanity the LARGEST child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world HISTORY.
That is very, very unlikely.
"Largest child abuse over-up in the world??? This is just more of your Protestant myths and legends that you continue to "dream up"!! You, Free Mind, been reading, way too many anti-catholic fictitious (exaggerated reports) that have absolutely "no basis" of truth or fact! It is (however) a "proven fact" that your hypocritical bible only Protestant ministers equal or exceeds the Catholic Church in sexual abuse crimes committed against young people.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#413563 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow during your little Sabbath observance, think about the deceit filled slander you posted the night before, knowing it was untrue.
Then, ask yourself if you're even a Christian.
The type of junk you posted is the same Propaganda that led me back into the Catholic Church. I pray other cradle Catholics can recognize the red flag when someone has to violate the 9th commandment just to have a religion!(that would be you)
You make it so easy for me to remain Catholic.
Can't your religion stand on its own x
two feet? Why does it rely so heavily on spreading slander about Catholics??
Obviously its not strong enough unless it spreads lies. Its built on sand and will sink within 5 min of a theological debate.
My Religion is being a desciple of Christ it is called being a Christian.

The URL the above data come from is:

www.GotQuestions.org

Google it
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#413564 Jan 5, 2013
HUMOR
A father was approached by his small son who told him proudly, "I know what the Bible means!"
His father smiled and replied, "What do you mean, you 'know' what the Bible means? The son replied, "I do know!"
"Okay," said his father. "What does the Bible mean?"
"That's easy, Daddy..." the young boy replied excitedly," It stands for 'Basic Information Before Leaving Earth..'(
There was a very gracious lady who was mailing an old family Bible to her brother in another part of the country.
"Is there anything breakable in here?" asked the postal clerk.
"Only the Ten Commandments." answered the lady.
========
"Somebody has said there are only two kinds of people in the world. There are those who wake up in the morning and say, "Good morning, Lord," and there are those who wake up in the morning and say, "Good Lord, it's morning."
========
A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter.
Then he put a note under the windshield wiper that read: "I have circled the block 10 times. If I don't park here, I'll miss my appointment. Forgive us our trespasses." When he returned, he found a citation from a police officer along with this note "I've circled this block for 10 years. If I don't give you a ticket I'll lose my job. Lead us not into temptation."
========
There is the story of a pastor who got up one Sunday and announced to his congregation: "I have good news and bad news. The good news is, we have enough money to pay for our new building program. The bad news is, it's still out there in your pockets."
========
While driving in Pennsylvania , a family caught up to an Amish carriage. The owner of the carriage obviously had a sense of humor, because attached to the back of the carriage was a hand printed sign... "Energy efficient vehicle: Runs on oats and grass. Caution: Do not step in exhaust."
========
A Sunday School teacher began her lesson with a question, "Boys and girls, what do we know about God?"
A hand shot up in the air. "He is an artist!" said the kindergarten boy.
"Really? How do you know?" the teacher asked.
"You know - Our Father, who does art in Heaven... "
========
A minister waited in line to have his car filled with gas just before a long holiday weekend. The attendant worked quickly, but there were many cars ahead of him. Finally, the attendant motioned him toward a vacant pump.
"Reverend," said the young man, "I'm so sorry about the delay. It seems as if everyone waits until the last minute to get ready for a long trip."
The minister chuckled, "I know what you mean. It's the same in my business."
========
People want the front of the bus, the back of the church, and the center of attention.
========
Sunday after church, a Mom asked her very young daughter what the lesson was about.
The daughter answered, "Don't be scared, you'll get your quilt."
Needless to say, the Mom was perplexed. Later in the day, the pastor stopped by for tea and the Mom asked him what that morning's Sunday school lesson was about.
He said "Be not afraid, thy comforter is coming."
========
The minister was preoccupied with thoughts of how he was going to ask the congregation to come up with more money than they were expecting for repairs to the church building. Therefore, he was annoyed to find that the regular organist was sick and a substitute had been brought in at the last minute.. The substitute wanted to know what to play.
"Here's a copy of the service," he said impatiently. "But, you'll have to think of something to play after I make the announcement about the finances."
During the service, the minister paused and said, "Brothers and Sisters, we are in great difficulty; the roof repairs cost twice as much as we expected and we need $4,000 more. Any of you who can pledge $100 or more, please stand up."
At that moment, the substitute organist played "The Star Spangled Banner."
And that is how the substitute became the regular organist!

United States

#413565 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. Or perhaps your ignorance and bigotry prevents you from admitting that there are Catholic men who love God so much that they willingly give up sex for the kingdom.
-
And then there are priests who love little boys more than they love God.
-
again, the Catholic church has all the marks of a cult - every one of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 3 min Redeemed 22
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 17 min 15th Dalai Lama 84,424
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... 1 hr Redeemed 7
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
More from around the web