Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,500
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#413470 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
In 1993 it was obvious Pope John Paul II was well aware of abusive clergy and Bishops who covered up these crimes, as the letter writer wrote, yet Pope Benedict in 2013 says he was never aware of abusive clergy and coverups in the past.
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news5/19...
Who is zooming who? Can you trust anyone in the church authority?
I wonder how all of us knew about it, but the catholics didn't?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413471 Jan 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
this is pathetic that someone from this forum would have seen my name on this other forum and insulted a little baby with your evil machinations.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
the only negative judgies are just against me only, with the little picture of my grandson and me wishing Michelle good cheer for the Holidays.
and no, it isnt karma biting me.
it is satan controling you(to the person that gave them)
I cant say" shame" on you since you have no shame, or you wouldnt act like this.
there is NOT one catholic on this forum that would have done this, it lays on the likes of 4bdn, the sda or LTM,IMO. Marge wouldnt do it and I know for a fact that gif and his wife would never have done it
I can tell you it wasn't me.

Don't ever say no catholic would ever do this. They are no different than anyone else.

I too have grand children, and I too would be upset.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413472 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not fooling anyone Michael. In fact, you make me sick to my stomach even replying to you.
The CC would have spent twice as much trying to fight it. And you know it.
So long. I'm officially done with Topix. Congrats Miguel... your unrelenting ignorance and slander has worked.
OK LIAM!

The catholic church has paid out Billions in settlements.

How is that my fault? Why do you want to blame innocent people for reporting guilty people of bad behavior?

YOu will be back......you always come back.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413473 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your opinion Kay.
No one denies them anything. They spend years discerning the calling.
Was St. Paul wrong for denying his natural use?
The 'rule' is celibacy; they 'choose' it because they are not given an option.

Don't tell me that a young man/woman who has not been introduced to sex is going to know what they are doing to themselves.

Saint Paul made a choice of his own...at a time when others did not make that choice.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#413474 Jan 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider that no Protestant group is having to pay out millions of dollars in reparations.
I consider that the Protestant groups do not give immunity to the guilty. There are restrictions for such people.
I can paste hundreds of links with thousands of cases of protestant communities whose insurance companies have paid many millions in settlements. And I can do the same showing protestant communities hiding and covering up abuse by their clergy.

But I choose not to roll around in the sewer with you and Mike.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413475 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're posting a link that has mostly accused Priests on it. You got caught. Don't you care about the innocents you just trashed? Are your parents proud of what their son has become?
If I knew my son was going around doing this crap id be disgusted. Of course, you enjoy the anonymity of the internet....for now.
I would be the first to defend an innocent person being charged with any crime.

The stories are public knowledge written in newspapers back in the day and are available in any library.

I would just hope you would want to know the truth. Show me a list where these accused were acquitted and I will apologize.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413476 Jan 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
this is pathetic that someone from this forum would have seen my name on this other forum and insulted a little baby with your evil machinations.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
the only negative judgies are just against me only, with the little picture of my grandson and me wishing Michelle good cheer for the Holidays.
and no, it isnt karma biting me.
it is satan controling you(to the person that gave them)
I cant say" shame" on you since you have no shame, or you wouldnt act like this.
there is NOT one catholic on this forum that would have done this, it lays on the likes of 4bdn, the sda or LTM,IMO. Marge wouldnt do it and I know for a fact that gif and his wife would never have done it
And you are right. We would not have done that. It was pretty callous.
Beautiful baby, too.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413477 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought, you have no idea what the purpose of the Seal of Confession is.
And FYI, I don't have a problem supporting them financially. It's not my job to scrutinize what the Archdiocese does with my contributions, it's thier bishop's job to discipline them. If they won't take correction, it's on them. I love those priests and nuns, but they're wrong and misguided to fight against their bishop, and they will have to answer for it ultimately.
These priests in the association indicate there are 3 main groups or followings of the priests in the USA. That sounds like CHAOS to me.

What happened to the one big happy family?

A few years ago I never heard such anger by priests and nuns, who are suppose to be the most holy of catholics. Its obvious there are big problems behind the scenes..........and I know its all my fault (lol)

I will standby what I said. Nothing is above the law of truthful morality. Church or no church. My opinion.

If the muslims had such a rule you would scoff or laugh at them but when its YOUR church everything is OK.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413478 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I can paste hundreds of links with thousands of cases of protestant communities whose insurance companies have paid many millions in settlements. And I can do the same showing protestant communities hiding and covering up abuse by their clergy.
But I choose not to roll around in the sewer with you and Mike.
Anthony says........

.I can paste hundreds of links with thousands of cases of protestant communities whose insurance companies have paid many millions in settlements.

Michael says..........DO IT! I want to see hundreds of links.

First you and Clay get all upset that I am posting catholic links and I shouldn't be doing it, now you want to post protestant links after you told me that I shouldn't be posting catholic links.

Make up your mind!!

I want to see hundreds of protestant links that have paid out BILLIONS in settlements.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#413479 Jan 5, 2013
nith wrote:
<quoted text>
if someone did that to me, i would say," I can't ever luve Jesus more than he luv me, but i luv Him wholeheartedly " ( it rhymes! i nly noticed xd )
Yes.It rhymes.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#413480 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
Next time you go into KFC just order a large gravy, and see what strange looks you get.
went there and ordered an 8 piece bucket got the mashy's gravy cole slaw,also ordered extra mash potatoes,gravy and two more cole slaws,got home and all the extra orders were gravy's,couldn't believe it,but then none of the people working there really didn't speak english very well,and that's the only reason i can think of as to the order screw up.a law should be passed that if you come to this country you must take a class on speaking english,or go back home,and i don't mean it in a predjudice way.

usa

#413481 Jan 5, 2013
LTM wrote:
LOL I love their cole slaw, and their veggie salad which they have stopped making. I am not a big hamburger person but I do eat one from time to time but I make them myself, I like the New York Fries a lot . I watch the gravy however to much MSG in it.
that stuff will kill you.
they do not use msg in their gravy,otherwise my g/f would be dead,because she eats the gravy and is very allergic to msg.so you have nothing to worry about LT.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#413482 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't tell me that a young man/woman who has not been introduced to sex is going to know what they are doing to themselves.
Saint Paul made a choice of his own...at a time when others did not make that choice.
Wrong Kay.

I know several priests who had girlfriends while in high school or college. They usually don't take their vows until they are late 20's and early 30's. They have a choice, an option, to do whatever they want. They know full well what their options are. They can get married and be deacons. They can serve God in the Church however they please. They choose celibacy because it is their calling.

"Saint Paul made a choice of his own...at a time when others did not make that choice."

Wrong again. Many in the early Church were voluntarily celibate. The bible has lots of passages in praise of celibacy. We are called to be saints. St. Paul praised celibacy. He recommended it. St. Paul CHOSE celibacy because it was his calling. Jesus said whoever can do so does it for the kingdom.

Why do I sense resentment from you towards those in the Catholic Church who can faithfully give up sex in order to glorify God?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#413483 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
And another issue I have with your post here Kay; are you suggesting that young people should commit fornication so they can know what they're missing before they choose celibacy?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#413484 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says........
.I can paste hundreds of links with thousands of cases of protestant communities whose insurance companies have paid many millions in settlements.
Michael says..........DO IT! I want to see hundreds of links.
First you and Clay get all upset that I am posting catholic links and I shouldn't be doing it, now you want to post protestant links after you told me that I shouldn't be posting catholic links.
Make up your mind!!
I want to see hundreds of protestant links that have paid out BILLIONS in settlements.
Get your jollies on your own Mike, I'd rather not be part of it.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#413485 Jan 5, 2013
Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who'll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you're in the wrong house, that's what it means.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/h...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#413486 Jan 5, 2013
I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#413487 Jan 5, 2013
If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.

usa

#413488 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are feeling well Jethro.
There is a lot of turmoil going on within the church today.
There has always been disgruntled catholics, but just recently NOW we have 47,000 nuns in america battling the vatican, priests forming associations (unions)in many countries in just the past 3 years, claim they are tired of being kicked around by their bishops and they support the nuns.
The USA priest association is called the AUSCP.
A lot of discontent within the church today. Even the popes butler who stole "secret documents" from the pope stated their is much corruption within the hirearchy.
When I mention this news to catholics they don't get upset with the ones causing the problems, they get upset at me for telling the truthful stories.(lol)
i'm feeling ok,i haven't followed the nuns story that much,i can understand there gripes,women are second class citizens according tob the bible,they are suppose to stay home clean the house take care of kids and do what ever their husbands tell them to do.and the nuns/women have no real voice in the church,for that matter no one in the catholic church has a say in what goes on,everything is done by the vatican council behind closed doors.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#413489 Jan 5, 2013
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr kent 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Fri Cat74 11
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web