Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,393
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413450 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I read MPLS/saint Paul.. I saw two priest out of 30 on your link that were guilty since 1950.
The rest weren't convicted of anything. Yet, you posted their names anyway. I pray for their poor parents.
This is called slander Michel. You're one of the most sick vile human beings I've ever come across.
Thousands upon thousands of the names you posted did nothing wrong. Does that make you feel good about yourself?
What do you mean they did nothing wrong?

If that was slander that website would have been taken down 2 years ago. Its been up since then and still available.

The arch diocese of Boston paid out nearly $600,000,000 in lawsuits. Do you think that was the result of a handful of priests?

$200,000,000 lawsuits paid out in San Diego California.

$600 MILLION paid out in another california diocese in 2002. Los Angeles.

Thats nearly $1 Billion just in California alone.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/08/us/08church...

something is wrong Clay! Wake up!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413451 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a sec .. you just got caught deceitfully quoting something that wasn't even in the link you provided..
NOW you post a link with hundreds of ACCUSED Priests- many of whom have been cleared.
Boy, you're on a roll today.
Clay says Michael is as sick as any guilty clergy for using child sex abuse as a platform for his vendetta against Catholicism.
The church would have fought the lawsuits in California if they didn't believe they were true. Who writes checks for bogus claims?

The bishops of both in SanDiego and LosAngeles apologized to the victims. The bishops admitted guilt.

$860,000,000 MILLION dollars in California and hundreds of victims.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?

....and for some wacko reason you still want to blame me......

YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON IN YOUR CHURCH.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413452 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I read MPLS/saint Paul.. I saw two priest out of 30 on your link that were guilty since 1950.
The rest weren't convicted of anything. Yet, you posted their names anyway. I pray for their poor parents.
This is called slander Michel. You're one of the most sick vile human beings I've ever come across.
Thousands upon thousands of the names you posted did nothing wrong. Does that make you feel good about yourself?
CLAY says........

..I read MPLS/saint Paul.. I saw two priest out of 30 on your link that were guilty since 1950.

MICHAEL says......So! the church just decided to write checks to everyone. How much do you need? We can match that!(lol)

you are not fooling anyone Clay with your denial of facts.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413453 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said "no big deal" you jackass, I said it's part of the human condition. Sin will never be eradicated as long as the human race exists. And there are tons of official documents produced over the centuries and 99.99% of them DON'T deal with sexual abuse, so you have no point.
Mike, there were 7 credible accusations in 2011. That's 0.000175% of the priest population.
That IS being accountable.
0.000175 is pretty small...each offended one must have gotten millions of dollars from the courts.

The human condition of sin is why Jesus came to set us free. IF people are born again, they can be completely free.

Putting numbers of young men together, and denying them their natural use, is a guarantee for failure.

#413454 Jan 5, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings disciple old friend
I think one needs to prioritize....First is God's Law, then God's Revealed Law, Natural Law, then civil law.
Here in the U.S. we have deviated our civil law from Natural Law(as in the case of abortion).
Thus the moral nature of our country makes it on a course for desolation.
From the founding of the colonies to the declaration of the Supreme Court, America's heritage is built up on the principles of the Christian religion. And yet the secularists are dismantling this foundation brick by brick, attempting to deny the very core of our national life.

You weigh the evidence. Consider the following facts which are being systematically erased from our nation's memory:
In 1892, the Supreme Court of the United States declared, "This is a Christian nation."
During the War for Independence, Congress resolved to import 20,000 volumes of the Bible because "the use of the Bible is so universal, and its importance so great."
The New England Confederation stated that the purpose of the colonies was "to advance the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ and to enjoy the liberties of the gospel in purity with peace."
Harvard College required that each student believe that "the main end of his life and studies is to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life."
John Adams wrote, "The Christian religion is...the Religion of Wisdom, Virtue, Equity, and humanity."
Engraved on the metal cap on the top of the Washington Monument are the words "Praise be to God."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413455 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Point taken father, yet I'm certain Mike doesn't care one whit about what it does mean.
It means that there are rules for some and rules for others. Kind of sad when MORALITY means nothing, and Anthony agrees. If the chips are ever down and bad karma bites you in the butt and the only person who knows is a priest, God help you.

Off topic:

A couple days ago you made light of the priests that had joined/formed their Association/Union in america.

..... You made it sound like I siding with them. No Anthony they are priests in your church, who distribute the sacraments, and I am sure some of YOUR collection money goes to pay for their salaries, and benefits. Much like the 47,000 nuns in america that you also refer to as RADICAL FEMINISTS. You again Anthony pay a big chunk of the upkeep of their hundreds of convents, and the 47,000 monthly salaries and benefits THEY receive.

Can't have it both ways. Bad mouth some of the clergy and nuns yet you financially support them.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, but don't slam the ones you feed.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413456 Jan 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
0.000175 is pretty small...each offended one must have gotten millions of dollars from the courts.
The human condition of sin is why Jesus came to set us free. IF people are born again, they can be completely free.
Putting numbers of young men together, and denying them their natural use, is a guarantee for failure.
508 victims just in Los Angeles just a few years ago. One CITY!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/08/us/08church...

#413457 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Try clicking on Michaels link and tell me if his quote is found in it.
I did and couldn't see it. Its not in there.
His goal is to slander the CC for his own pathetic agenda. He succeeded.
Maybe you should have your eyes checked?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413458 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a sec .. you just got caught deceitfully quoting something that wasn't even in the link you provided..
NOW you post a link with hundreds of ACCUSED Priests- many of whom have been cleared.
Boy, you're on a roll today.
Clay says Michael is as sick as any guilty clergy for using child sex abuse as a platform for his vendetta against Catholicism.
Clay, why would you slam me for exposing sinful acts committed by people who should know better?

Clay if you look again at that website on the far right in blue, are the sources of information from the many news publications that reported on these cases. These were newspapers that probably came to your door back in the day. They are public knowledge and can be found in any library.

http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psear...
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#413459 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks for your opinion Kay.

No one denies them anything. They spend years discerning the calling.

Was St. Paul wrong for denying his natural use?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#413460 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, why would you slam me for exposing sinful acts committed by people who should know better?
Clay if you look again at that website on the far right in blue, are the sources of information from the many news publications that reported on these cases. These were newspapers that probably came to your door back in the day. They are public knowledge and can be found in any library.
http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psear...
You're posting a link that has mostly accused Priests on it. You got caught. Don't you care about the innocents you just trashed? Are your parents proud of what their son has become?
If I knew my son was going around doing this crap id be disgusted. Of course, you enjoy the anonymity of the internet....for now.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413461 Jan 5, 2013
A story written by an abuse victim from the age of 7 until age ll from 1953 to 1957. He claims he was one of several victims at the hands of a priest from Denver.

This victim wrote a letter to the Pope in 1993 telling him of his 40 years of torment, agony and pain at the hands of this priest.

The Pope never responded back to him.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news5/19...

that is what I am talking about. SHAME!

#413462 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
No one is defending anything. It's about putting the numbers in perspective.
Did you know that protestant minsters are much more likely to be guilty of illicit sexual behaviour?
"In a 1984 survey, 38.6 percent of ministers reported sexual contact with a church member, and 76 percent knew of another minister who had had sexual intercourse with a parishioner.[xiii] In the same year, a Fuller Seminary survey of 1,200 ministers found that 20 percent of theologically “conservative” pastors admitted to some sexual contact outside of marriage with a church member. The figure jumped to over 40 percent for “moderates”; 50 percent of “liberal” pastors confessed to similar behavior.[xiv]
In 1990, in a study by the Park Ridge Center for the Study of Health, Faith and Ethics in Chicago, it was learned that 10 percent of ministers said they had had an affair with a parishioner and about 25 percent admitted some sexual contact with a parishioner.[xv] Two years later, a survey by Leadership magazine found that 37 percent of ministers confessed to having been involved in “inappropriate sexual behavior” with a parishioner.[xvi]
In a 1993 survey by the Journal of Pastoral Care, 14 percent of Southern Baptist ministers said they had engaged in “inappropriate sexual behavior,” and 70 percent said they knew a minister who had had such contact with a parishioner.[xvii] Joe E. Trull is co-author of the 1993 book, Ministerial Ethics, and he found that “from 30 to 35 percent of ministers of all denominations admit to having sexual relationships—from inappropriate touching to sexual intercourse—outside of marriage.”[xviii]"
Do you consider these protestant minsters to be "repentant"?
I consider that no Protestant group is having to pay out millions of dollars in reparations.

I consider that the Protestant groups do not give immunity to the guilty. There are restrictions for such people.

United States

#413463 Jan 5, 2013
70 priests in Boston alone...and only a fraction of priests are guilty?
And you can believe/defend THAT ?
-
-
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Awfully convenient that you would read "70 priests and ministers" as "70 priests."
Says quite a bit about you.
Rob
-
That the Catholic Church would ignore the VERY words of CHRIST himself, says quite a bit about the Church ... and the priests themselves!
-
Matthew 23:9

New International Version (©1984)
And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have ONE Father, and he is in heaven.
-
we have ONE spiritual father and he is in heaven.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413464 Jan 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a "cover-up" when the prevailing course of treament in the psychiatric community recommends counseling and being sent to a new parish. If we knew then what we know now about recidivism, things would have been different.
And if it was 4% decades ago and now it's 0.000175%, that tells me the Church is trying to be accountable.
How many times had this story played out by thousands of others, with no help and no response from the church. Nobody cared! and you defend them.

Clay

Chicago, IL

#413465 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says........
..I read MPLS/saint Paul.. I saw two priest out of 30 on your link that were guilty since 1950.
MICHAEL says......So! the church just decided to write checks to everyone. How much do you need? We can match that!(lol)
you are not fooling anyone Clay with your denial of facts.
No you're not fooling anyone Michael. In fact, you make me sick to my stomach even replying to you.

The CC would have spent twice as much trying to fight it. And you know it.

So long. I'm officially done with Topix. Congrats Miguel... your unrelenting ignorance and slander has worked.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#413466 Jan 5, 2013
this is pathetic that someone from this forum would have seen my name on this other forum and insulted a little baby with your evil machinations.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...

the only negative judgies are just against me only, with the little picture of my grandson and me wishing Michelle good cheer for the Holidays.

and no, it isnt karma biting me.

it is satan controling you(to the person that gave them)

I cant say" shame" on you since you have no shame, or you wouldnt act like this.

there is NOT one catholic on this forum that would have done this, it lays on the likes of 4bdn, the sda or LTM,IMO. Marge wouldnt do it and I know for a fact that gif and his wife would never have done it
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413467 Jan 5, 2013
In 1993 it was obvious Pope John Paul II was well aware of abusive clergy and Bishops who covered up these crimes, as the letter writer wrote, yet Pope Benedict in 2013 says he was never aware of abusive clergy and coverups in the past.

Who is zooming who? Can you trust anyone in the church authority?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413468 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I consider that no Protestant group is having to pay out millions of dollars in reparations.
I consider that the Protestant groups do not give immunity to the guilty. There are restrictions for such people.
No one should be above the law, regardless of their institution.

Just think, of the thousands of clergy who molested children, and the clergy who did go to confession to another priest makes certain that an awful lot of non molesting clergy were well aware of criminal clergy in their dioceses and how these priests could stand up in the pulpit every sunday staring at the victim and his family who don't even know their son was being molested by the priest who just told his confession to the priest in the pulpit, and no one told ANYONE.

makes no moral common sense.

UNBELIEVABLE!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#413469 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
It means that there are rules for some and rules for others. Kind of sad when MORALITY means nothing, and Anthony agrees. If the chips are ever down and bad karma bites you in the butt and the only person who knows is a priest, God help you.
Off topic:
A couple days ago you made light of the priests that had joined/formed their Association/Union in america.
..... You made it sound like I siding with them. No Anthony they are priests in your church, who distribute the sacraments, and I am sure some of YOUR collection money goes to pay for their salaries, and benefits. Much like the 47,000 nuns in america that you also refer to as RADICAL FEMINISTS. You again Anthony pay a big chunk of the upkeep of their hundreds of convents, and the 47,000 monthly salaries and benefits THEY receive.
Can't have it both ways. Bad mouth some of the clergy and nuns yet you financially support them.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, but don't slam the ones you feed.
Just as I thought, you have no idea what the purpose of the Seal of Confession is.

And FYI, I don't have a problem supporting them financially. It's not my job to scrutinize what the Archdiocese does with my contributions, it's thier bishop's job to discipline them. If they won't take correction, it's on them. I love those priests and nuns, but they're wrong and misguided to fight against their bishop, and they will have to answer for it ultimately.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 11 min kent 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Fri Cat74 11
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web