Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
398,221 - 398,240 of 538,608 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute little guy.
I'm sorry he is already $52,000 in debt already.
well, when he gets old enough to understand, then he. like me can blame the far right who elected bush in the first place, since most of the deficit occured in the last year of his presidency, as you well knew.lol

but he is a cute fellow, I got to get jess to put his picture dressed in a santa suit on the computer.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true Anthony, us born-agains read it the same way and if not can be reasoned with to do so. Blessings
Is that why you have 42,000+ conflicting, contradicting, inconsistent Protestant "hodge-podge" denominations that have never, nor will ever agree on "anything" except attacking, condemning and passing your "personal opinionated judgement against the TRUTH, of "our Catholic faith!!!----Over 2000 years of the verifiable and proven historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church....You "born-again bible only Protestants (do not) read it the same way....All "anyone" on this forum has to do is to read the "bickering and contradicting" comments that you Protestants make toward and against each other!!....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you have 42,000+ conflicting, contradicting, inconsistent Protestant "hodge-podge" denominations that have never, nor will ever agree on "anything" except attacking, condemning and passing your "personal opinionated judgement against the TRUTH, of "our Catholic faith!!!----Over 2000 years of the verifiable and proven historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church....You "born-again bible only Protestants (do not) read it the same way....All "anyone" on this forum has to do is to read the "bickering and contradicting" comments that you Protestants make toward and against each other!!....
just to let you know that your catholic church and myself do have ONE thing in common.

I dont bicker with myself nor against myself, since my doctrine and theology is consistant with the 2000 years of historical Biblical truth, tho it doesnt agree with your belief.

and I cant help it if others dont understand the reality of what the Apostles taught, and I do.

and I am certain that there are much more than 42,000 other people in this world that will not agree with me, but that doesnt matter to me.

hope that you had a very happy and pleasurable Holidays
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics have been taught they have the only keys to the penthouse in heaven.
.....They believe everyone else eligible for heaven, will get stuck in the basement by the elevator and noisey ice machine.
They will find out there is no penthouse and everyone is created equal. They won't like that.(lol)
The truth must be told......
Not by you Michael!!! The truth (never) has been, and (never) will be told by you.. because "every one" of your comments and anti-catholic "trash sources" are (laced and inundated" with bias, distortions, misrepresentations and exaggerated slander against the TRUTH!!!......The TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ and His "proven" One True Catholic Church......Again---look in the mirror Michael and you will see the "distorted truth" that continues to (clearly) prevail in the image of your own life, the way other people see you...... Your "three ring carnival circus" mirror shows the "twisted reflection" of the anti-catholic hostility and vengeance that has "corrupted your mind, heart and soul".. My family and I continue to pray at daily Mass for you, that God will open your eyes to the "Real Truth"!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>just to let you know that your catholic church and myself do have ONE thing in common.
I dont bicker with myself nor against myself, since my doctrine and theology is consistant with the 2000 years of historical Biblical truth, tho it doesnt agree with your belief.
and I cant help it if others dont understand the reality of what the Apostles taught, and I do.
and I am certain that there are much more than 42,000 other people in this world that will not agree with me, but that doesnt matter to me.
hope that you had a very happy and pleasurable Holidays
Thanks and a blessed and peace-filled New Year to you and your family!!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Yeah we do read the Bible the same WaY hOJO.

I posted a remark from Clement and Anthony agreed we are Saved only through Jesus alone so lets dwell on that and be One like we're suppose to be.

YoUR faith in the CATHOLIC faith is what divides us.

And you know it's God's Spirit in us that interprets His Word the Bible.

And you know ALL GLORY TO HIM!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks and a blessed and peace-filled New Year to you and your family!!
I was hoping that you would see that my reply was "tongue in cheek". getting tired of fussing and fighting
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Only a wicked cult would look at a beautiful depiction of Mary holding the dying Jesus - in Michaelangelo's Pieta) and claim its a graven image.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not by you Michael!!! The truth (never) has been, and (never) will be told by you.. because "every one" of your comments and anti-catholic "trash sources" are (laced and inundated" with bias, distortions, misrepresentations and exaggerated slander against the TRUTH!!!......The TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ and His "proven" One True Catholic Church......Again---look in the mirror Michael and you will see the "distorted truth" that continues to (clearly) prevail in the image of your own life, the way other people see you...... Your "three ring carnival circus" mirror shows the "twisted reflection" of the anti-catholic hostility and vengeance that has "corrupted your mind, heart and soul".. My family and I continue to pray at daily Mass for you, that God will open your eyes to the "Real Truth"!!!
Believe how you wish, but why attack 100% of America's founders?

(Yes, 100% because John Carroll was consider a heretic by the Vatican. The RCC said democracy was a bad thing back then.)

So with your so-called god against the USA for the first 100 years of its existence, I wonder how we made it as a country -- yet alone a country you won't leave for a catholic-guided society.

In short....

HOJO is all talk, and zero walk. I don't blame him. Look at the Americas. Catholic-majority societies are poorer, dumber, and more crime-ridden.

All Catholic "values" it seems. So keep attacking the USA and her Founders. We call that "denial."
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
Only a wicked cult would look at a beautiful depiction of Mary holding the dying Jesus - in Michaelangelo's Pieta) and claim its a graven image.
Only the wicked would claim Mary brought World War 2 upon mankind, because we didn't have enough devotion to her "sacred heart."

What a bunch of sickos.

They even think Jesus wants a church with "diplomatic immunity" in order to avoid accountability for the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.

Memo to Catlics -- Jesus isn't OK with covering up child rape. DUH!!

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Actually, anyone who can think for themselves knows the Catholic church is the biggest cult on the planet.
-
It certainly has ALL the marks of a cult.
True.All too true.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Look at reality Catlics.

There's a big, empty bun. So where's the beef?

If being the focus of comedy club routines WORLDWIDE is the goal of a one-true church, then bravo!

Impressive.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

~~~

commentary by F.B.MYER

Messiah’s mission,

Isa_61:1-3.

At Nazareth our Lord applied these words to Himself. Let us care for the outcasts as He did; but to do so, we need to be anointed with the Holy Spirit, who rested so mightily on Him.

The acceptable year is clearly that of Lev_25:8-13. Our Lord, when quoting this, stopped at the comma, Isa_61:2, because the day of vengeance is not yet.

See Luk_4:19.

Mark that it is only for a day! God not only delivers, but anoints and crowns.

Messiah’s kingdom,

Isa_61:4-9. In days yet future, the ruined cities of Palestine shall be restored. In a spiritual sense, we also may appropriate this promise. When we receive the Pentecostal gift, we also witness the restoration of the wastes, which our sins have caused in our own lives and in the lives of others.

Let us clasp to our hearts Isa_61:7-9.

Messiah’s joy, Isa_61:10-11. Jesus is the true bridegroom of the soul; and we may appropriate our side of these happy words.

Note this combination of imputed and imparted righteousness.

The one is put on as a garment, Isa_61:10;

the other blossoms out from within, Isa_61:11.

Oh, that from our lives God would cause righteousness and praise to spring forth!

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
~~~
commentary by F.B.MYER
Messiah’s mission,
Isa_61:1-3.
At Nazareth our Lord applied these words to Himself. Let us care for the outcasts as He did; but to do so, we need to be anointed with the Holy Spirit, who rested so mightily on Him.
The acceptable year is clearly that of Lev_25:8-13. Our Lord, when quoting this, stopped at the comma, Isa_61:2, because the day of vengeance is not yet.
See Luk_4:19.
Mark that it is only for a day! God not only delivers, but anoints and crowns.
Messiah’s kingdom,
Isa_61:4-9. In days yet future, the ruined cities of Palestine shall be restored. In a spiritual sense, we also may appropriate this promise. When we receive the Pentecostal gift, we also witness the restoration of the wastes, which our sins have caused in our own lives and in the lives of others.
Let us clasp to our hearts Isa_61:7-9.
Messiah’s joy, Isa_61:10-11. Jesus is the true bridegroom of the soul; and we may appropriate our side of these happy words.
Note this combination of imputed and imparted righteousness.
The one is put on as a garment, Isa_61:10;
the other blossoms out from within, Isa_61:11.
Oh, that from our lives God would cause righteousness and praise to spring forth!
Did you mean"confronting"wit h the Word?
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the wicked would claim Mary brought World War 2 upon mankind, because we didn't have enough devotion to her "sacred heart."
What a bunch of sickos.
They even think Jesus wants a church with "diplomatic immunity" in order to avoid accountability for the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.
Memo to Catlics -- Jesus isn't OK with covering up child rape. DUH!!
Largest sex abuse scandal in history of the world wide universe solar system.

Gee, you'd think it would involve more than 2% of its members then. Something fishy is going on Free. Are you sure you're not just blowing this topic up to make it seem like its worse than what it is? Perhaps you are biased towards the Church due to a clash with your lifestyle?
gotcha
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, you have been watching Godfather 3 reruns.
Actually my sources come right from Rome Italy. Is that close enough to the action?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
Look at reality Catlics.
There's a big, empty bun. So where's the beef?
If being the focus of comedy club routines WORLDWIDE is the goal of a one-true church, then bravo!
Impressive.
Comedians are making fun of our clergy. Oh Lord what are we going to do!
I'm sure the Church would rather have that, then England banning Catholicism for 250 yrs and slaughtering hundreds of thousand of our clergy and laity.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Largest sex abuse scandal in history of the world wide universe solar system.
Gee, you'd think it would involve more than 2% of its members then. Something fishy is going on Free. Are you sure you're not just blowing this topic up to make it seem like its worse than what it is? Perhaps you are biased towards the Church due to a clash with your lifestyle?
gotcha
The point has gone right over your head again.

It doesn't matter how many priests have been caught. The rest of the priests/bishops/cardinals who didn't molest, who were aware of a bad priest in their diocese, lied and covered up for the ones who did molest.

Do you not agree any KNOWING bishop or priest who allowed such actions without contacting authorities should also be punished?

Why is the pope INVESTIGATING the nuns in america who never molested or covered up for anyone, yet the priests and bishops who did know about bad clergy and did nothing, NO INVESTIGATION of them.

SHAMEFUL...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

digital crime..evil satanic creation..see my respond over your evil diploma..but will be fall as previous fall.
Modern technology is some killers..no any challenge will be in future..digit as well satellite are killers too.

I hope its will be fall as deserve.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Did you mean"confronting"wit h the Word?
~~~

It was supposed to be "CONFRONTING WITH THE WORD'..but a typographical error was made...

I never bothered to change it..

It just marks/portrays... my imperfections, my humanity, my age, and total dependency upon God for my existence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 5 hr ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Crazy 8,273
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••