Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
398,201 - 398,220 of 538,603 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no Miguel, I'm never concerned with the 'news stories' you conjure up.
You're old and just discovering the internet. I don't read radical ideological websites for my news anyway.
Do you really think you're noble for doing this?
It ain't news. Its not breaking. Its not shocking.
You should really get a life.
Clay, of course Mikey is once again presenting his balanced approach and no crime has been proven. Allegations are allegations. I can dig up all kind of Proven Protestant scandals that involve billions but its of no account. Whenever there is lots of money it is easy to fall prey. Ananias and Saphira lied and they paid a price. I am content that the Vatican is taking great measures to limit abuse as much as possible, The commission set up to deal specifically with prevention is rarely mentioned, and it doesnt mean it will never happen. Oddly enough many Americans do not seem to care that trillions are unaccounted for by the Fed Reserve, but congressman are very resistant to an audit. Why is that? Most churches are not held accountable nor do they release their financial records to anyone. However since the Vatican has some pretty vast holdings it is good for Catholics and non-catholics to have accountability. However the Vatican does not control the local budget of a parish the Bishop does. Every organization as large as the Catholic church is going to have a few loose canons every now and then, but to argue that corruption will never be found whether on purpose or unknowingly is to be naive of the history of money in general. The various bubbles and bank games that went on is still costing a toll. Yeah I still wish we could all get bonuses larger than many will make in their lifetime for collapsing the econonomy. The finger pointing will never end. Wouldnt it be nice if after the debates the press really dissected the truth of what politicians say? Both Obama and Romney told some whoppers and each of them stood there calling each other liars. However, as Bill Clinton said in an interview with Barbara Walters, "Sometimes the truth is the lie people believe."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/jpmorgan-chas...

Deutsche Bank Caught in Money-Laundering Scandal?

http://larouchepac.com/node/24920

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2012/1...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't have Bibles available...and if He had, everyone would have had one. Scrolls were in the temple, laboriously copied.
I DO have the voices of the Apostle's 'ringing in my ears', too. Their words are in a Book that I use frequently.
Scripture...
LOL!!!!
So why did God wait 1400 years to tell Gutenberg about the printing press?

"Faith then comes by hearing; and hearing by the word of Christ."... not reading the bible by yourself.

Yes, even the SDAs and JWs say they "hear" the apostles, but like you, they just read and decide by themselves.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes of course the OT points to Christ. That's not the issue. The issue is which early Christians believed the same as today's evangelicals. St. Clement certainly didn't. This piece is something that the Catholic Church believes, but he wrote a lot of other things that you vehemently disagree with, so he obviously wasn't an "early" evangelical by your standards. Do you think you can pick certain paragraphs from their writings and claim they're evangelicals when you disagree with everything else they wrote? I don't think so. What else do you have marge?
well I guess that's the only point I had, before the NT was penned they used only the Old Testament to point to Jesus and that was enough. So why would not the New Testament be all sufficient?

And yes your right it's fruitless to go through old writers agreeing with parts of what they say and disagreeing with other parts. We don't follow them anyway.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
Reg. my grandson
Cute little guy.
I'm sorry he is already $52,000 in debt already.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute little guy.
I'm sorry he is already $52,000 in debt already.
And already again....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Dear Fellow Conservative,

We've known for years that the Obama Administration is anti-faith and that they despise the Catholic Church. But now, with re-election a distant worry, they've taken their hatred to a new level.

Right this very moment, there is a petition on the White House website that condemns Pope Benedict XVI's address to the College of Cardinals and the Catholic Church. Please follow this link right now to make an emergency donation of $16 or more to show your support for Pope Benedict XVI and the Church.

Signers of the petition want to declare the Catholic Church an official "hate group" because of our views on same-sex marriage—and unfortunately, the number is growing. I've taken a screenshot of the website for you, just in case they pull it down before you're able to check it out for yourself.

This petition is truly shocking, and it's an attack against ALL people of faith, not just Catholics! That's why I'm so urgently asking you to stand with Catholic Advocate today and help us launch an all-out campaign against the Obama Administrations hateful, secular agenda. Please follow this link right now to make an emergency donation of $16 or more.

Today it's Catholics who are under attack. Tomorrow it could be Baptists, Methodists, Episcopalians or Jews. That's why we need to put a stop to this vicious culture of hate once and for all! Every dollar you give will go directly towards rallying Americans of all faiths to bombard the White House with emails, phone calls and petition signatures to STOP THEIR WAR ON FAITH!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!
So why did God wait 1400 years to tell Gutenberg about the printing press?
"Faith then comes by hearing; and hearing by the word of Christ."... not reading the bible by yourself.
Yes, even the SDAs and JWs say they "hear" the apostles, but like you, they just read and decide by themselves.
Maybe it was because the CC didn't want the Word to get out?

Nope...don't decide for myself. I can read what it says.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
well I guess that's the only point I had, before the NT was penned they used only the Old Testament to point to Jesus and that was enough. So why would not the New Testament be all sufficient?
And yes your right it's fruitless to go through old writers agreeing with parts of what they say and disagreeing with other parts. We don't follow them anyway.
Marge, the OT wasn't "all sufficient" either because clearly there were many non-believers in Jesus. It needed infallible interpreters.

And I'm glad to see you admit there is no evidence of any protestant evangelicals until 1500 years after the NT was penned.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Maybe it was because the CC didn't want the Word to get out?
Nope...don't decide for myself. I can read what it says.
That's why? Wow, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel on that one.

Yup, you decide for yourself, and we know you do because other protestants who read what it says come to different conclusions.

Have a good night Kay.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, the OT wasn't "all sufficient" either because clearly there were many non-believers in Jesus. It needed infallible interpreters.
And I'm glad to see you admit there is no evidence of any protestant evangelicals until 1500 years after the NT was penned.
huh? Thats what they used the OT even Jesus used it, people searched the OT to see if what they said about Jesus was true, that He was the promised Messiah that would save the people from their sins.

And No I don't that would be a lie, the NT speaks of evangelists.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

PUBLIC SCRIPTURE-READING. Luke 4:16 "He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day and stood up for to read." When the law and the prophets were read in the synagogue those who read were expected to stand. See note on Acts xiii, 15. Not only priests and Levites but common Israelites were allowed to read the Scriptures pub licly. Every Sabbath seven persons read : a priest, a Levite, and five ordinary Israelites.[Manners and Customs of the Bible]

Luke 4:16-21
16 - And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
17 - And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 - The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 - To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
20 - And he closed the book, and he gave [it] again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21 - And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

OFFICERS OF THE SYNAGOGUE. "It appears that there was no appointed teacher in the synagogue, but that any person who considered himself qualified to preach was at liberty to do so. Thus we read of our Lord that : "He came to Nazareth .... and as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read" (Luke iv. 16): and again of Paul and Barnabas at Antioch, that : "The rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying : Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on" (Acts xiii. 15)." [Scripture Manners and Customs]
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why? Wow, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel on that one.
Yup, you decide for yourself, and we know you do because other protestants who read what it says come to different conclusions.
Have a good night Kay.
Not true Anthony, us born-agains read it the same way and if not can be reasoned with to do so. Blessings
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
huh? Thats what they used the OT even Jesus used it, people searched the OT to see if what they said about Jesus was true, that He was the promised Messiah that would save the people from their sins.
And No I don't that would be a lie, the NT speaks of evangelists.
Do you think the OT was "all sufficient"? If you do, why did Jesus need the apostles to go out and preach? Couldn't they just have big mega church gatherings and read from it? Why were there so many Jews who DID read it and still reject Jesus? Could it be that the OT wasn't all sufficient?

Marge, I asked you for one shred of evidence that there were any people who believed as you do after the NT was finished. You have yet to do so.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Only made up by those certain individuals?
Citation please, because I know the Catholics will disagree with you.
Do you believe I am part of this so-called "Church"? Why not? If not, please post your citation that designates what you say is accurate.
<quoted text>
I cannot speak for you.
I didn't ask that you do - I just asked your opinion, and you seemed to avoid it. No problem. And you are correct - we each must make a choice in life. Self.
<quoted text>Have you had an experience with Jesus, and believe that He has paid your debt...are you 'born again'?
Why do you have to ask? Is is not my choice, as you have just stated?
<quoted text>Yes, the church is made up only of such individuals.

Using
<quoted text>Jesus said that the WORK of God is to believe on the One Whom God sent. Jesus said, "He that BELIEVES and is baptized, shall be saved. He that BELIEVES NOT shall be damned. Read the parable of the sower. Jesus said that the seed planted was the Word of God (scripture).
It is the living Word of God IN US (Col.'Christ IN YOU is your hope of glory.')
And there is more...
Why do you stop at only those Apostles?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the OT was "all sufficient"? If you do, why did Jesus need the apostles to go out and preach? Couldn't they just have big mega church gatherings and read from it? Why were there so many Jews who DID read it and still reject Jesus? Could it be that the OT wasn't all sufficient?
Marge, I asked you for one shred of evidence that there were any people who believed as you do after the NT was finished. You have yet to do so.
Slow down!

'Do you think the OT was "all sufficient"?

Yes I do, why do you have other writings that you would add to the Old Testament?

'If you do, why did Jesus need the apostles to go out and preach?

You said right that the word of God is something we hear.

'Why were there so many Jews who DID read it and still reject Jesus?

Because their hearts were hardened.(The Father didn't draw them to Jesus,`yet.

'Marge, I asked you for one shred of evidence that there were any people who believed as you do after the NT was finished. You have yet to do so.

Answered.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
Question: "Do Catholics worship idols / practice idolatry?"
Answer: Sadly, our Catholic friends and family members have been indoctrinated to believe that the use of statues, relics, and other articles is acceptable and even necessary for worship. They have been taught by the Roman Catholic Church that the images and icons used in the church are not actually “worshiped” but are simply “visual aids” to worship.
The Catholic Church long ago began making allowances for the idolatrous use of images when they altered the Ten Commandments. Below is a list of the biblical commands given to Moses by God, based on Exodus 20:1-17:
The Ten Commandments (paraphrased):
1. You shall have no other gods but Me.
2. You shall not make any graven images.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
4. You shall remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
5. Honor your mother and father.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness.
10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.
Now, here is the Catholic version of the Ten Commandments (paraphrased):
1. I, the Lord, am your God. You shall not have other gods beside Me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord’s Day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
The first thing you might notice is that the second commandment has been eliminated in the Catholic version and, to make up the difference and still have ten commandments, the tenth command (the one about coveting) is split into two parts. This was done intentionally to cover the fact that the use of graven images is expressly forbidden in Scripture.
There are good reasons for not using images in worship. First of all, the use of physical images to “aid” worship violates the command to worship God “in spirit and in truth”(John 4:23-24). Also, no one knows what God looks like, and John 1:18 is clear concerning this truth:“No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.” And, because God is Spirit (John 4:24a), it is irreverent to delineate Him as an iconic representation. No one alive knows what Jesus Christ looked like in the flesh, and, since there were no cameras when He walked the earth, the only description of His appearance is found in Isaiah 53:2-3, which says that He had “no stately form or majesty.”
The lack of a physical description of Christ has not stopped the Catholic Church from depicting Him. Throughout Catholic churches, institutions, convents, monasteries, and every other Catholic-affiliated building and shrine, there are paintings of God the Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Mary, Joseph, and a myriad of canonized saints. There are statues in abundance; there are relics, such as bone fragments, said to have belonged to certain saints. Some shrines even contain pieces of
Tomorrow during your little Sabbath observance, think about the deceit filled slander you posted the night before, knowing it was untrue.
Then, ask yourself if you're even a Christian.
The type of junk you posted is the same Propaganda that led me back into the Catholic Church. I pray other cradle Catholics can recognize the red flag when someone has to violate the 9th commandment just to have a religion!(that would be you)
You make it so easy for me to remain Catholic.
Can't your religion stand on its own x
two feet? Why does it rely so heavily on spreading slander about Catholics??
Obviously its not strong enough unless it spreads lies. Its built on sand and will sink within 5 min of a theological debate.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true Anthony, us born-agains read it the same way and if not can be reasoned with to do so. Blessings
Wait a second. Did you say ' us born agains can be reasoned' to read the bible the same?

That's a bit of a problem. Truth is truth. It shouldn't be compromised. If you know something is truth, why would somebody be able to reason you away from it?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, people say I'm in a cult all the time. The Bible says that was to be expected. If you remember they accused the apostle Paul of being in a cult. I don't have a Bible in hand with me but I will try to post the scripture when I have time.
The truth is, most people in cults don't even know it. They're so consumed with ignorance they just go on believing the way they do.

I challenged every poster on here before, and now I'll challenge you Aviela: try and persuade me away from Catholicism WITHOUT being deceitful.

You can't. At some point, you'll need to lie to me. I guarantee it. The Catholic Church does not lie to me when teaching the faith. I know because I checked it out. Every teaching makes sense and can stand up. Yours crumbles the moment you say 'sola scripture'. Jesus never taught that and there is no record of it ever being brought up until 1550 AD. But sola scripture is just the tip of the iceberg.
Slander is the only way JWs , Pentecostals, Evangelicals, and SDAs can function...

Isn't it odd that these guys rely mostly on anti catholicism to even exist? Yet, none of them even teach the same??
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Hole Under Door Lock

Wednesday, I approached my truck from the passenger side to place my computer bag in the front passenger seat.

As I reached to open the door I noticed there was a hole right
under my door handle.

My first thought was, "someone has shot my truck !"

I began to think about it and inspect it a little closer and
the "light" slowly began to come on.

I phoned my friend who owns a body shop and asked if he had any
vehicles with damage to the doors that looked like a bullet hole.

"Yes, I see it all the time. Thieves have a punch and place it
right under the door handle, knock a hole through, reach in and
unlock it, just as if they have a key. No alarms, broken glass,
or anything."

I then placed a call to my insurance agent and explained it to
him. I was puzzled that they left my GPS and all other belongings.

Here is where it gets scary !

"Oh no, he said, they want the break-in to be so subtle that you
don't even realize it. They look at your GPS to see where "home"
is. Or check your address from Insurance and Registration in your glove box. Now, they know what you drive, go to your home, and if your
vehicle isn't there they assume you aren't and break into your home."

He said they will even leave a purse or wallet and only take one
or two credit cards. By the time you realize there has been a
theft, they may have already had a couple of days or more to
use them.

(I didn't realize my situation for two full days!)

They even give you the courtesy of re-locking your doors for you.

Periodically, walk around your car, especially after you park
in a shopping center or other large parking area.

Report thefts immediately....your bank w/missing check numbers,
your credit card agencies, police, and insurance companies, etc.

Like ·· Share · 7 hours ago ·
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a second. Did you say ' us born agains can be reasoned' to read the bible the same?
That's a bit of a problem. Truth is truth. It shouldn't be compromised. If you know something is truth, why would somebody be able to reason you away from it?
Clay i didn't say that, the Truth will prevail is what i meant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 4 hr ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Crazy 8,273
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••