Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,352
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413308 Jan 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"not too long ago"?
"dispute the meanings of their own catholic fathers"?
Stick to pasting your National Enquirer articles and leave the religious discussions to the adults, k? That's a good Mikey...
According to the scriptures ONLY!, the catholic fathers edited the inspired writings of the writers, and inspired them a SECOND TIME (lol) to make sure their agenda was fullfilled.

........ Every statement made in bible versions then, and TODAY indicate Jesus had brothers and sisters. St Paul even stated "JAMES THE LORDS BROTHER" Would anyone say James the Lords cousin? OF COURSE NOT!(LOL)

Your catholic fathers indicate Jesus THE FIRST BORN SON........what does that mean Tony? More to come, right?

I know, I know it doesn't fit the ever virgin story so that story trumps the siblings of Jesus and makes them all cousins.

You were INDOCTRINATED and brainwashed just as I was back in the day. The difference is you still believe it.

UNBELIEVABLE!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413309 Jan 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in the bible that says 'bible only'. How can you claim bible only when bible only is unbiblical?
HOW can the Bible be un-Biblical???
Jesus said to 'search the SCRIPTURES'.
The church fathers 'opinions' are not SCRIPTURE.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413310 Jan 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been schooled to believe that they are in THE only true church, and if they question anything, they risk losing their soul. My salvation rests solely on Christ Jesus.
Having that assurance, I am free to fellowship with others. When we disagree with someone, we should search for the truth together.
"Come let us REASON TOGETHER", says the Lord.
Such disagreement does not threaten my position in Christ Jesus.
Catholics have been taught they have the only keys to the penthouse in heaven.

.....They believe everyone else eligible for heaven, will get stuck in the basement by the elevator and noisey ice machine.

They will find out there is no penthouse and everyone is created equal. They won't like that.(lol)

The truth must be told......

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413311 Jan 4, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I'm going to get flogged for saying this. I don't see any truths that come out from the Catholic church. They made man made rules that you cant marry, then they these men who can't control urges and hurt kids. They worship idols the Bible says not to do that. They call their leaders father. The Bible says not to do that, they go get involved in politics the Bible says not to do that. The Pope has more riches than Puff Daddy. He does NOT in no way represent Jesus in any form shape or matter. Jesus did not own a bed to sleep on and I'm sure the Pope's bed is made of pure gold.
Aviela says.......

The Pope has more riches than Puff Daddy.

Think about this. The roman catholic church collectively is by far the LARGEST real estate holder on the planet. The Vatican has its own BANK and billions invested with the Rothschilds of England, including Oil, gold bars and industries.

......every week every catholic church asks for more money!

what am I missing here?(lol)

I thought a man named Jesus was the poorest of the poor.

#413312 Jan 4, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Micheal, no not everyone is going to heaven either. I'm at work I would to share with you more Bible truths. You can use whatever copy of the Bible you like to follow along. The whole trinity, rapture, roasting in hell like turkey, worshiping idols, calling imperfect men father are not Bible teachings at all. All that stuff came from the pagans
Aviela..lets look at this:

Trinity: the word 'trinity' isn't there...but the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are 'three in one'...which IS a trinity.

The word 'rapture' is not in the Bible. But it says that we will be 'caught up' to meet Him in the air. Caught up, and raptured are interchangeable.

Enoch "walked with God, and was not for God took him". When God 'caught him up to be with Himself, I can assure you that it was a rapturous event.

Elijah was 'caught up' in a whirl wind...that HAD to be a rapturous event.

Jesus was 'caught up' in clouds, and angels said that 'this same Jesus will come again in like manner'.

Hell? Jesus said that hell was prepared for the devil AND HIS ANGELS. Those who serve the devil (his angels) are going to fall with him. No 'good' man will go there.

The other two (worshiping idols, and calling men 'father') are pagan concepts. Agreed.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413313 Jan 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Aviela says.......
The Pope has more riches than Puff Daddy.
Think about this. The roman catholic church collectively is by far the LARGEST real estate holder on the planet. The Vatican has its own BANK and billions invested with the Rothschilds of England, including Oil, gold bars and industries.
......every week every catholic church asks for more money!
what am I missing here?(lol)
I thought a man named Jesus was the poorest of the poor.
Correct me if I'm wrong. They are the wealthiest religion. I don't know if its true not but they say you have to pay for a vatican tour?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#413314 Jan 4, 2013
Reg. my grandson

#413315 Jan 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Off topic:
Have you noticed that just before christmas all the catholic posters wished you and your wife a merry christmas. It was so nice. Just like last year and the year before.
It didn't take long for them to get back into their old ways of trashing you and your lovely wife.
Its sad when I see people manipulated by FEAR that they must ONLY be nice during the religious season but once its over, they all return to their hateful ways.
I might not be religious but I do enjoy your posts.
Wishing you and your wife good health and a happy new year!
Michael....
Thank you for your kindness, Michael. We enjoy sharing with you, too.
We believe that you are searching for truth...and Jesus said that,
"they that seek SHALL find."

Location hidden

#413316 Jan 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Be honest. Be truthful. YOu believe there was no money laundering scandal the last few years with the VATICAN BANK? Its all made up?
You believe there was no money laundering offences back in the 1980s regarding the vatican bank?
Why don't you answer questions instead shooting from the hip all the time.
LOL, you have been watching Godfather 3 reruns.

Location hidden

#413317 Jan 4, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Lazarus was dead. When he was resurrected he did not say how wonderful it was playing the harp in heaven. He was unconscious. When you're dead you are unconscious.
March 1955, a man by the name of Carl died, a few minutes late he came back to life, and he described what he saw in heaven and who talked to him, to a young boy of 12 years old.

I was that young Boy, he was my Grandfather, those he said talked to him were among the "greats in heaven"(his words, not mine).

like the rich man he {saw}, except in his expeirence, what he saw was beautiful.and he described it to me.

and he heard them talking to him, and He told me what they told him, which was this, tell the young boy that God has a job to do for Him.and in Aug, 1982, as a sinner, I cried out to God an asked Him when I was going to do that Job. He answered in a miracleous way, and a few Days later, I was saved. and in 11984, He called me to preach.

Knowing all of this, I certainly am not going to believe you or anyone else, I will lean on the Light that God has given me
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#413318 Jan 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW can the Bible be un-Biblical???
Jesus said to 'search the SCRIPTURES'.
The church fathers 'opinions' are not SCRIPTURE.
Telling us to search the scriptures is not the same as 'bible only', if it was, Jesus would've just handed out bibles.

The fathers quoted scripture just like you, but they had the voices of the apostles ringing in their ears, you don't.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#413319 Jan 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the scriptures ONLY!, the catholic fathers edited the inspired writings of the writers, and inspired them a SECOND TIME (lol) to make sure their agenda was fullfilled.
........ Every statement made in bible versions then, and TODAY indicate Jesus had brothers and sisters. St Paul even stated "JAMES THE LORDS BROTHER" Would anyone say James the Lords cousin? OF COURSE NOT!(LOL)
Your catholic fathers indicate Jesus THE FIRST BORN SON........what does that mean Tony? More to come, right?
I know, I know it doesn't fit the ever virgin story so that story trumps the siblings of Jesus and makes them all cousins.
You were INDOCTRINATED and brainwashed just as I was back in the day. The difference is you still believe it.
UNBELIEVABLE!
That's ok Mike, buddy up with the SDA's, JW's and holy rolling pentecostals, they believe in the 'fictional' Jesus too, but at least they hate the Catholic Church just like you, so at least you got that goin' for you....
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#413320 Jan 4, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Correct me if I'm wrong. They are the wealthiest religion. I don't know if its true not but they say you have to pay for a vatican tour?
Mike is a militant atheist. He feels threatened by the Catholic Church, so it's nice to see you two have something in common. BTW, do you realize most of the folks here think you belong to a non-Christian cult?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413321 Jan 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike is a militant atheist. He feels threatened by the Catholic Church, so it's nice to see you two have something in common. BTW, do you realize most of the folks here think you belong to a non-Christian cult?
Yes, people say I'm in a cult all the time. The Bible says that was to be expected. If you remember they accused the apostle Paul of being in a cult. I don't have a Bible in hand with me but I will try to post the scripture when I have time.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413322 Jan 4, 2013
Hello everyone!(Waves):oD

Location hidden

#413323 Jan 4, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, people say I'm in a cult all the time. The Bible says that was to be expected. If you remember they accused the apostle Paul of being in a cult. I don't have a Bible in hand with me but I will try to post the scripture when I have time.
please dont insult the great Missionary Paul, with your satanic irreligious cult.

United States

#413324 Jan 4, 2013
Aviela wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong. They are the wealthiest religion. I don't know if its true not but they say you have to pay for a vatican tour?
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Actually, anyone who can think for themselves knows the Catholic church is the biggest cult on the planet.
-
It certainly has ALL the marks of a cult.

#413325 Jan 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling us to search the scriptures is not the same as 'bible only', if it was, Jesus would've just handed out bibles.
The fathers quoted scripture just like you, but they had the voices of the apostles ringing in their ears, you don't.
Jesus didn't have Bibles available...and if He had, everyone would have had one. Scrolls were in the temple, laboriously copied.

I DO have the voices of the Apostle's 'ringing in my ears', too. Their words are in a Book that I use frequently.

Scripture...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#413326 Jan 4, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, people say I'm in a cult all the time. The Bible says that was to be expected. If you remember they accused the apostle Paul of being in a cult. I don't have a Bible in hand with me but I will try to post the scripture when I have time.
Who was accusing St. Paul? The pagans and the Jews?

I wouldn't worry about atheists telling you that, I'd be more worried because it's the Christians telling you....

United States

#413327 Jan 4, 2013
New International Version (1984)

http://niv.scripturetext.com/acts/24.htm

Acts 24:

5 "We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect

14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 14 min kent 83,897
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 21 hr Cat74 11
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web