Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
398,161 - 398,180 of 532,736 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The N.T.also doesn't say anything about praying to a host of"saints", nor about a guy in a funny hat being"infallible", the Catholic Church has been turned by Satan, into a gang of idol worshipers.Clay is in denial,a lot of Catholics are, it seems.The Catholic Church is a powerful political force, as well.The Catholics have abandoned Jesus Christ, for a pope.A man.Yes, Catholic charities are a good thing.But it stops there.The number of pedophile cases against the Catholic priests is staggering, but seems acceptable to the"sheep".Clay, I'll not bandy words with you, the Catholic Church and it's defenders are an abomination.I'll say goodbye to this forum with those words, it doesn't make any sense to argue with cultists.
I'm going to get flogged for saying this. I don't see any truths that come out from the Catholic church. They made man made rules that you cant marry, then they these men who can't control urges and hurt kids. They worship idols the Bible says not to do that. They call their leaders father. The Bible says not to do that, they go get involved in politics the Bible says not to do that. The Pope has more riches than Puff Daddy. He does NOT in no way represent Jesus in any form shape or matter. Jesus did not own a bed to sleep on and I'm sure the Pope's bed is made of pure gold.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't skip over this the last time, I just found it to be lacking. Please supply the citation for this hypothesis of yours.
You really don't think "free will" exists, huh? Because, if I am understanding your "logic" above, free will is determined by "God", and not by man, thus we don't have any free will to make those choices we do, only "God" makes them.
I disagree.
NASL

Incurvatus in se..., the "curving in on oneself" due to sin was first used by St. Augustine, but Luther really went to radical use of the term. This curving in, which collapses is a whirlpool effect....A person in the depths of sin, does not see. Even though they think its "good", it is evil.

The question of "free-will" is a complex subject. I have in the past considered it as part of the soul. The other parts being the intellect and passion.

Thus if one has a misinformed intellect, the "free-will" is askewed. Or if the passions are not tempered, this too affects the "free-will". Thus the "freeness" is affected. Or rather the liberty to make a correct choice. But this does not recognize then the "responsibility" factor of one's choices. And thus a deterministic approach is not fully satisfactory. So I can sympathize with your disagreement.

As of late, I have been considering the "will" with respect to the quantum world, a level of "responsibility" seems to be taken away....In a more scientific level, symmetry is broken, Or in other words, as the consciousness relates to electrons(in the brain) of the intellect, one may have a spontaneous break in symmetry....If this is the case, then there exists some determinism, and therefore I cannot fully sympathize with your disagreement.

In either case, I am not convinced, and is still a question I am seeking and answer.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus had sibblings. And no we don't teach that people are going to burn forever in hell. The word hell comes from the word Hades it was the common grave of old where they would dump the dead bodies and burn them. Somewhere along the line when the apostacy took over in the churches they scared people to join their churches or else they would fry and toast in hell forever and ever. www.jw.org
That means everyone is going to heaven. Makes sense. Why would an all loving God religate IMPERFECT beings such as us to a fire pit called hell? Its not a game he is playing.

How many brothers/sisters did Jesus have?

Catholics state all the time, that Jesus had only cousins and no brothers and sisters and they argue this all the time, because not too long ago the church declared Mary an ever virgin.

.... The interesting thing is it was their OWN catholic fathers who wrote this information 2,000 years ago and catholics today dispute the meanings of their own catholic fathers.

Thankyou for your thoughts.....

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
The word hell is trown out there like tic tacs to influence people to join their churches. Its a fear tactic. The opposite of life is death. Satan told Eve she would not die if she ate the fruit.She ate the fruit, she died and here we are thousands of years later and people still believe the ( Satan's lie) that you don't really die that you float around scaring family members at night like Casper the friendly ghost. That you are alive being burned forever in hell. No when you die you are DEAD. Ecclesiates 9:5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the rememberence of them has been forgotten.
How can you suffer in hell if you are unconscious? Think about.
the rich man was not unconscious, was he?

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

this man was able to see, and feel, those are not traits of a person unconscious, now are they?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"For many will come in my name.. "
Confrint, Our Lord never speaks of an invisible church that he's establishing.
CLAY says.......

..For many will come in my name.

MICHAEL....I am sure all the men 2,000 years claiming to be messiahs and there were many of them you know, said the same thing. There will be imposters.

Will the real son of God please stand up? Or is there no son of God at all.

Only one source of information ever describes a miracle man named Jesus. No one else from the entire mediteranean including, the jews that lived during that era in that location, including all the writers, scribes, statesmen, government officials, and philosophers from Jerusulem, NEVER mention a miracle man Jesus. WHY?.... DEVASTATING!

The scriptures claim Jesus was more famous than the beatles were in 1965. Followed by thousands and thousands, yet even after his supposed death when christianity was formed none of the new christians EVER claimed jesus to have been human but only spiritual only. DEVASTATING! WHY?

Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Numerous times Jesus said that certain things happened to fulfill prophecy IN THE SCRIPTURES. He walked the Emmaus Road with two of His followers, and showed them how that His death had fulfilled the scriptures, and John further said,'for as yet they knew not the scriptures.'
Peter said,'study the SCRIPTURES'.
Jesus said, "You do ERR, NOT KNOWING THE SCRIPTURES." Check out the times that He uses the scripture for teaching. When it was His turn to read in the temple, He read Isaiah's "the spirit of the Lord is upon Me, for He has anointed Me..." Then He explained that that prophecy was about Himself.
Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them OUT OF THE SCRIPTURES,
Act 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.
Act 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that THEY RECEIVED THE WORD with all readiness of mind, and SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY,(TO SEE) whether those things (Paul taught) were so.
The proof is all over the place...
There is nothing in the bible that says 'bible only'. How can you claim bible only when bible only is unbiblical?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no Miguel, I'm never concerned with the 'news stories' you conjure up.
You're old and just discovering the internet. I don't read radical ideological websites for my news anyway.
Do you really think you're noble for doing this?
It ain't news. Its not breaking. Its not shocking.
You should really get a life.
Be honest. Be truthful. YOu believe there was no money laundering scandal the last few years with the VATICAN BANK? Its all made up?

You believe there was no money laundering offences back in the 1980s regarding the vatican bank?

Why don't you answer questions instead shooting from the hip all the time.

Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
That means everyone is going to heaven. Makes sense. Why would an all loving God religate IMPERFECT beings such as us to a fire pit called hell? Its not a game he is playing.
Catholics state all the time, that Jesus had only cousins and no brothers and sisters and they argue this all the time, because not too long ago the church declared Mary an ever virgin.
.... The interesting thing is it was their OWN catholic fathers who wrote this information 2,000 years ago and catholics today dispute the meanings of their own catholic fathers.
Hello Micheal, no not everyone is going to heaven either. I'm at work I would to share with you more Bible truths. You can use whatever copy of the Bible you like to follow along. The whole trinity, rapture, roasting in hell like turkey, worshiping idols, calling imperfect men father are not Bible teachings at all. All that stuff came from the pagans

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If Clays bank was charged with manipulating funds, he would be at the bank the next morning withdrawing his money and telling everyone how bad his bank was, when its HIS CHURCH BANK, he goes DEFENSIVE and acts like its nothing.
I would bet not one catholic on this forum ever contacted their bishop or parish priest about ANY scandal that has been going on in their church. NOT ONE!
They.. F-E-A-R... to question, unless its something other than their church.
They love being manipulated and used.
Very sad!
It is very sad, but it is expected.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
The word hell is trown out there like tic tacs to influence people to join their churches. Its a fear tactic. The opposite of life is death. Satan told Eve she would not die if she ate the fruit.She ate the fruit, she died and here we are thousands of years later and people still believe the ( Satan's lie) that you don't really die that you float around scaring family members at night like Casper the friendly ghost. That you are alive being burned forever in hell. No when you die you are DEAD. Ecclesiates 9:5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the rememberence of them has been forgotten.
How can you suffer in hell if you are unconscious? Think about.
Revelations says that there will be two resurrections. The first one is the dead in Christ. In the second one, ALL of the remaining dead and those who are dying WILL BE RESURRECTED to what is called the Great White Throne judgment.

They won't be unconscious any longer...Rev. 20:4 Rev. 20:11-15
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome. People worshiped Mary..she had more kids after Jesus. She was married to Joseph. No where in the Bible are we told to worship Mary. The Catholics idolize her statues kiss her feet pray to her. Especialy hispanic people. I'm hispanic but I get embarrassed when you see them in the news talking about they saw visions of Mary on a toast tree milkshake. Sounds like a lot of mental illness going on.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>the rich man was not unconscious, was he?
And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
this man was able to see, and feel, those are not traits of a person unconscious, now are they?
Lazarus was dead. When he was resurrected he did not say how wonderful it was playing the harp in heaven. He was unconscious. When you're dead you are unconscious.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
Question: "Do Catholics worship idols / practice idolatry?"
Answer: Sadly, our Catholic friends and family members have been indoctrinated to believe that the use of statues, relics, and other articles is acceptable and even necessary for worship. They have been taught by the Roman Catholic Church that the images and icons used in the church are not actually “worshiped” but are simply “visual aids” to worship.
The Catholic Church long ago began making allowances for the idolatrous use of images when they altered the Ten Commandments. Below is a list of the biblical commands given to Moses by God, based on Exodus 20:1-17:
The Ten Commandments (paraphrased):
1. You shall have no other gods but Me.
2. You shall not make any graven images.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
4. You shall remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
5. Honor your mother and father.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness.
10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.
Now, here is the Catholic version of the Ten Commandments (paraphrased):
1. I, the Lord, am your God. You shall not have other gods beside Me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord’s Day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
The first thing you might notice is that the second commandment has been eliminated in the Catholic version and, to make up the difference and still have ten commandments, the tenth command (the one about coveting) is split into two parts. This was done intentionally to cover the fact that the use of graven images is expressly forbidden in Scripture.
There are good reasons for not using images in worship. First of all, the use of physical images to “aid” worship violates the command to worship God “in spirit and in truth”(John 4:23-24). Also, no one knows what God looks like, and John 1:18 is clear concerning this truth:“No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.” And, because God is Spirit (John 4:24a), it is irreverent to delineate Him as an iconic representation. No one alive knows what Jesus Christ looked like in the flesh, and, since there were no cameras when He walked the earth, the only description of His appearance is found in Isaiah 53:2-3, which says that He had “no stately form or majesty.”
The lack of a physical description of Christ has not stopped the Catholic Church from depicting Him. Throughout Catholic churches, institutions, convents, monasteries, and every other Catholic-affiliated building and shrine, there are paintings of God the Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Mary, Joseph, and a myriad of canonized saints. There are statues in abundance; there are relics, such as bone fragments, said to have belonged to certain saints. Some shrines even contain pieces of wood purported to be part of Jesus’ cross. All of these things are held to be sacred objects worthy of high regard. The idolatry is rampant and fairly obvious to non-Catholics, yet Catholics do not believe they are committing idolatry. They have been cleverly taught to believe that they do not worship these idols; they simply “venerate” them. The problem is that “veneration” still gives honor and reverence to something and/or someone other than God; therefore, veneration is idolatry.

Very interesting and well said!

Thats what I like. A catholic NOT! afraid to speak his mind of what he believes and doesn't believe.

Too bad the rest of the catholics on this forum don't follow your good examples listed in your post.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If Clays bank was charged with manipulating funds, he would be at the bank the next morning withdrawing his money and telling everyone how bad his bank was, when its HIS CHURCH BANK, he goes DEFENSIVE and acts like its nothing.
I would bet not one catholic on this forum ever contacted their bishop or parish priest about ANY scandal that has been going on in their church. NOT ONE!
They.. F-E-A-R... to question, unless its something other than their church.
They love being manipulated and used.
Very sad!
They've been schooled to believe that they are in THE only true church, and if they question anything, they risk losing their soul. My salvation rests solely on Christ Jesus.

Having that assurance, I am free to fellowship with others. When we disagree with someone, we should search for the truth together.

"Come let us REASON TOGETHER", says the Lord.

Such disagreement does not threaten my position in Christ Jesus.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
"not too long ago"?

"dispute the meanings of their own catholic fathers"?

Stick to pasting your National Enquirer articles and leave the religious discussions to the adults, k? That's a good Mikey...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You're welcome. People worshiped Mary..she had more kids after Jesus. She was married to Joseph. No where in the Bible are we told to worship Mary. The Catholics idolize her statues kiss her feet pray to her. Especialy hispanic people. I'm hispanic but I get embarrassed when you see them in the news talking about they saw visions of Mary on a toast tree milkshake. Sounds like a lot of mental illness going on.
Aviela........I gave you 3 positive judgies for your good post.

Its good to hear from posters who are not afraid to speak what their heart tells them.

I was raised a catholic and by the age of reason 9, I had decided that I had enough. All I was every taught was catholicism and NEVER learned about the others in our world. Its sad when I see catholic posters on here attacking anyone not catholic because the brainwashing indoctrination we all received.

Keep up the good work!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
God has provided a way that we might have a new heart...washed whiter than snow. Hating sin; loving God.

The person who rejects that FREE GIFT, would be out of place in heaven.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been schooled to believe that they are in THE only true church, and if they question anything, they risk losing their soul. My salvation rests solely on Christ Jesus.
Having that assurance, I am free to fellowship with others. When we disagree with someone, we should search for the truth together.
"Come let us REASON TOGETHER", says the Lord.
Such disagreement does not threaten my position in Christ Jesus.
Off topic:

Have you noticed that just before christmas all the catholic posters wished you and your wife a merry christmas. It was so nice. Just like last year and the year before.

It didn't take long for them to get back into their old ways of trashing you and your lovely wife.

Its sad when I see people manipulated by FEAR that they must ONLY be nice during the religious season but once its over, they all return to their hateful ways.

I might not be religious but I do enjoy your posts.

Wishing you and your wife good health and a happy new year!

Michael....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"not too long ago"?
"dispute the meanings of their own catholic fathers"?
Stick to pasting your National Enquirer articles and leave the religious discussions to the adults, k? That's a good Mikey...
According to the scriptures ONLY!, the catholic fathers edited the inspired writings of the writers, and inspired them a SECOND TIME (lol) to make sure their agenda was fullfilled.

........ Every statement made in bible versions then, and TODAY indicate Jesus had brothers and sisters. St Paul even stated "JAMES THE LORDS BROTHER" Would anyone say James the Lords cousin? OF COURSE NOT!(LOL)

Your catholic fathers indicate Jesus THE FIRST BORN SON........what does that mean Tony? More to come, right?

I know, I know it doesn't fit the ever virgin story so that story trumps the siblings of Jesus and makes them all cousins.

You were INDOCTRINATED and brainwashed just as I was back in the day. The difference is you still believe it.

UNBELIEVABLE!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in the bible that says 'bible only'. How can you claim bible only when bible only is unbiblical?
HOW can the Bible be un-Biblical???
Jesus said to 'search the SCRIPTURES'.
The church fathers 'opinions' are not SCRIPTURE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Ecko 8,143
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••