Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,466
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413237 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that's what I'm saying.
Although its not a couple rock bands..silly.
Its a whole culture shift in moral standards that - although always around in some capacity - was never on the level that began in the 60s and you know it.
USA, 1960 -- about 500 carefully investigated annulments per year.

USA, 2013 --- over 50,000 "carefully investigated" annulments per year.

And you are blaming who?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413238 Jan 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The AUSCP makes up about 2% of the US Catholic priest population and about 0.2% of priests in the world.
"Dissenting American priests have organized an association to protest Church teaching, complain about faithful priests, bishops, cardinals, and the pope, sing songs, hang out, etc."
Rembert Weakland presided at their inaugural meeting.
Do you know who Rembert Weakland is?
Yeah, that's who leading these clowns.
Yes I know about Weakland (the weakest link-terrible reputation) but I guess they don't turn anyone away. Much like Jesus. He accepted the poor the prostitutes, never made excuses for bad behavior like the catholic church does today. Its always somebody elses fault they say.

The american AUSCP only started in August 2011 with 27 members. They are on a membership drive in certain locations but right now have priests from over 120/195 dioceses. Are there any members from your diocese?....YET?

Regardless of who they are (but I understand your point) this is the FIRST time that roman catholic priests have formed a dues paying association whos main agenda is to keep Vatican II alive as was instituted originally by Pope John XXXIII and Pope Paul VI, and to be able to not be under a micro-scope by their bishops as has been going on.

Almost all active priests/nuns were taught under Vatican II policies. Pope Benedict as you know wants to reverse much of what was instituted 50 years ago.

I believe the first priest association started 3 years ago in Ireland, and today Austria, Germany have also formed Unions and I am sure more countries to come.

Whether you accept their ideas or not one has to understand that when UNIONS are formed its usually because of disgruntled workers, and in this case priests feel they are over worked, want their own autonomy, want vatican II policies kept in place, and they ALL support the nuns against the vaticans viscious attacks.

Who would ever believe that in 2013 roman catholic priests in GROWING NUMBERS would stand up against their churches leaders and policies.

Its not the 1960s anymore Anthony when catholics seemed to be ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY....

Now I know somehow you are going to blame me for reporting this information. Do I accept what the priests are doing? Personally it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect me, but it has to make you wonder WHERE THE HELL YOUR CHURCH IS GOING TO BE IN 5 YEARS, 10 YEARS 25 YEARS......

.....over and out!

Clay

Chicago, IL

#413239 Jan 4, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your obsession with sex?
The RCC has diplomatic immunity and their own bank. They don't need your excuses.
A little accountability maybe.
(Still waiting for an explanation of why Jesus used Bonito Mussolini to give "His church" diplomatic immunity and a bank. Sounds very unholy to me. Demonic even.)
lol. I bring up sexual revolution for the 2nd time in 3yrs and I'm obsessed with sex??

meanwhile, you and Michael bring up child sexual abuse EVERY SINGLE DAY, but your normal?

And don't ask me why Benito gave the Church their own bank account. How do I know?
Probably, because any income the Church compiled doesn't belong to Italy. Silly.
Does the Pentecostals have to turn their income over to Obama?? well, not yet anyway.
marge

Ames, IA

#413240 Jan 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can we read all the writings from 'evangelicals' after the bible was written?
The evangelicals have always been Sola Scriptura.

Anthony do you believe the O.T. Scriptures point one to Christ?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413241 Jan 4, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
USA, 1960 -- about 500 carefully investigated annulments per year.
USA, 2013 --- over 50,000 "carefully investigated" annulments per year.
And you are blaming who?
Two points to that. Either there is a helluva lot more catholics opting out of their marriages or the church has found a way to make some money on the side.

Yesterdays news was the Vatican is NOT accepting credit cards on Museum tours anymore $$CASH$$ ONLY. Why? Because the government of Italy has decided the catholic church has not got their MONEY LAUNDERING scandals under control.

Imagine a church laundering finances? Its not just the MOB anymore.

Catholics will blame me again for this bad news story........(lol)
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413242 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael is? Why on Earth would an Atheist try and save the RCC?
Get real.
He hates them just like you and everybody else....Their teachings conflict with your lifestyles, you wanna make em go away.
Michael is a better Catholic than Mussolini -- the man who tempted the RCC with the power of diplomatic immunity and a bank.

The Vatican took the bait -- and the rest is history.

If Michael had been there, the Vatican would not be using their diplomatic immunity to deflect investigations into wide-spread child abuse at Catholic Schools for the Deaf -- on two Continents.

Imagine the Vatican lying about such a thing.

Ireland was so outraged, the government broke diplomatic relations to wake the old fools up.

Michael could have led the Church down a better path, so why do you attack him and not Mussolini?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413243 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I bring up sexual revolution for the 2nd time in 3yrs and I'm obsessed with sex??
meanwhile, you and Michael bring up child sexual abuse EVERY SINGLE DAY, but your normal?
And don't ask me why Benito gave the Church their own bank account. How do I know?
Probably, because any income the Church compiled doesn't belong to Italy. Silly.
Does the Pentecostals have to turn their income over to Obama?? well, not yet anyway.
CLAY says.....

MICHAEL says......DON'T you think you should find out???

..... You tell us you know everything there is to know about your church but when it comes to scandals you pull back into your shell like a frightened turtle head.

Did you not know this is the SECOND money laundering scandal the vatican bank has been involved in since the 1980s? Are you OK with that?

....Doesn't bother you at all. UNBELIEVABLE!

marge

Ames, IA

#413244 Jan 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can we read all the writings from 'evangelicals' after the bible was written?
Oh and Anthony, you know we agree with some of the early writings outside the Bible and disagree with others, we don't have to go through that again do we?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413245 Jan 4, 2013
Roman Catholic Infallible Teaching #4.... Jesus hates orphans.

Jesus wanted the RCC to enjoy diplomatic immunity ---
because Jesus didn't want them to get in trouble for child abuse at orphanages on three continents (at least).

Or, Jesus has nothing to do with these RCC clowns and doesn't hate orphans.

Yep, that's probably more likely, but don't tell any Catholics here that.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413246 Jan 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The evangelicals have always been Sola Scriptura.
Anthony do you believe the O.T. Scriptures point one to Christ?
Give me some examples of the writings of sola scriptura evangelicals from the time immediately after the bible was finished until, oh, about 500 years ago.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413247 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not their own bank account dummy, their own bank.

And diplomatic immunity too.

Now calm down, stop obsessing about sex and try to make sense.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413248 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The 10 commandments......

Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413249 Jan 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Two points to that. Either there is a helluva lot more catholics opting out of their marriages or the church has found a way to make some money on the side.
Yesterdays news was the Vatican is NOT accepting credit cards on Museum tours anymore $$CASH$$ ONLY. Why? Because the government of Italy has decided the catholic church has not got their MONEY LAUNDERING scandals under control.
Imagine a church laundering finances? Its not just the MOB anymore.
Catholics will blame me again for this bad news story........(lol)
Jesus was cash only too, so they'll just call it tradition.

So again, "only tradition" and certainly nothing to do with running a dishonest bank.

Just kidding.

Michael, they need your help. The Mussolini trap is drowning them.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413250 Jan 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and Anthony, you know we agree with some of the early writings outside the Bible and disagree with others, we don't have to go through that again do we?
We've never gone "through" it. The problem you have is that you want us to believe there were sola scriptura evangelicals after the completion of the bible, but you've never produced one shred of evidence. Here's your chance.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413251 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that's what I'm saying.
Although its not a couple rock bands..silly.
Its a whole culture shift in moral standards that - although always around in some capacity - was never on the level that began in the 60s and you know it.
Vatican II accelerated everything bad thats NOW going on in the church.

Conservative catholics of the day did not WANT change. Did not want VATICAN II.

Nuns divided up right away. Old nuns versus young nuns. Old school habits versus new casual look. Those stuck in the convent with little education,versus new younger nuns wanting an education and being able to work in society to help the poor, not stuck in dingy convents cranking out communion hosts, repairing priests ripped vestments, and cleaning toilets.

Priests mired in pre-vatican II policies versus new priests taught in Vatican II ONLY policies.

Today! 2013, nuns fighting with the vatican over the rights they were given 50 years ago in vatican II. Priests around the globe forming unions, upset with being treated badly by their bishops and wanting Vatican II policies to stay in place as they were taught. The pope wanting to turn back to pre-vatican II.......and catholics caught in the middle.

ITS A REAL CAN OF WORMS!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413252 Jan 4, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So again, "only tradition" and certainly nothing to do with running a dishonest bank.
Just kidding.
My helping hand has always been there.

I am like the guy from BAR RESCUE. Clean house is the only way to put the catholic church back into sinc.

Catholics have to first lose the fear in questioning their church leaders.

Every $1 they send me, will assure them that I am working hard on their behalf.......

......OOPS! Just got my first $3. One from Anthony, HOJO and REGINA M.

let the work begin! LOL

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413253 Jan 4, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Just kidding.
FREE MIND says...

MICHAEL says........cash transactions are good! Money under the table. No paper trail. The vatican is catching on.

Jesus had no job according to scriptures. A late 20s something guy, just tripped around with 12 guys roaming big city downtown cores asking "hey buddy spare some change for a coffee"?

.....I forgot they only had wine back then.

marge

Ames, IA

#413254 Jan 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We've never gone "through" it. The problem you have is that you want us to believe there were sola scriptura evangelicals after the completion of the bible, but you've never produced one shred of evidence. Here's your chance.
There were Sola Scripturists before the N.T was complete, again I ask if you think the O.T. points to Christ?

And here's one writing we agree with;

Clement of Rome (?- 110), "And we who through his will have been called in Christ Jesus are justified, not by ourselves, or through our wisdom or understanding or godliness, or the works that we have done in holiness of heart, but by faith, by which all men from the beginning have been justified by Almighty God, to whom be glory world without end. Amen." (First Clement, 32-33)
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#413255 Jan 4, 2013
Aviela wrote:
If Jesus made grape juice the Bible would of said: Grape Juice.
Well, actually, no.
It said "New wine."
Even when Welch's i troduced their product, they didn't call it "Juice."
Its original marketed name was "Welch's Grape Wine."
Rob

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#413257 Jan 4, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, no.
It said "New wine."
Even when Welch's i troduced their product, they didn't call it "Juice."
Its original marketed name was "Welch's Grape Wine."
Rob
Where does it say that jesus made new wine {grape juice}?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 45 min Married in 8,512
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 7 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE