Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,039
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
marge

Ames, IA

#413228 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people have lost their way.
What is the Church supposed to do? Change all their teachings because the new culture demands it!!
Sorry Mike, you must have them confused with the Evangelicals. The Church will fade to a 100 members before they'll adhere to outside influence. The dogma can't be changed and never will.
The Holy Spirit will see the Church through any difficult times...He always has in every century since its founding in 33 AD.
Heck, nothing today can compare to every Priest Bishop and Pope being rounded up and killed!
If THAT didn't stop them then nothing will - when Christ promised to be with you til the end.
Excuse me Claypool but us evangelicals have never changed our teachings despite the catholic influence.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413229 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is the coincidence of the 1960's turning point?
The sexual revolution began. That generation ushered in a whole new mindset that was void of God. Today is the fruits of their free minds.
I think it happened once before like that...in Sodom and Gomorrah. The end result won't be good.
Let me get this clear. You say it was the sexual revolution that turned everyone away from the church in the late 60s.(lol)

Is that what you are going with, thats the Number 1 reason why catholics are leaving? Led Zepplin, Iron Butterfly, Jimi Hendrix, are the cause of the downfall of the roman catholic church?

Sorry Clay, I can't stop LAUGHING!

Could the real reasons be, that EDUCATED people today! are not interested in (moldy old stories) from 2,000 years ago that make no common sense to many today? Many educated people today do not want a religion claiming they are closer to God than anyone elses religion.

Could it be that women became equal to men and didn't need to enter convents anymore because they could now think for themselves for the first time and become better educated than many priests and bishops who didn't like the nuns becoming smarter than them, and most are women haters anyway?

There are many more reasons, but I have to go now, and do a good deed for my 90 year old neighbor.

truth

Perth, Australia

#413230 Jan 4, 2013
Why you need be educated?
God madness is bigger then any smart diploma.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413231 Jan 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me Claypool but us evangelicals have never changed our teachings despite the catholic influence.
Where can we read all the writings from 'evangelicals' after the bible was written?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#413232 Jan 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys change your teachings from generation to generation.
Here's one: The Evangelicals and all of Christianity opposed contraception until about 80 yrs ago.
Now the Catholic and Orthodox are the only ones who still oppose it (and always will oppose it) no matter how many of our members are for it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#413233 Jan 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this clear. You say it was the sexual revolution that turned everyone away from the church in the late 60s.(lol)
Is that what you are going with, thats the Number 1 reason why catholics are leaving? Led Zepplin, Iron Butterfly, Jimi Hendrix, are the cause of the downfall of the roman catholic church?
Sorry Clay, I can't stop LAUGHING!
Could the real reasons be, that EDUCATED people today! are not interested in (moldy old stories) from 2,000 years ago that make no common sense to many today? Many educated people today do not want a religion claiming they are closer to God than anyone elses religion.
Could it be that women became equal to men and didn't need to enter convents anymore because they could now think for themselves for the first time and become better educated than many priests and bishops who didn't like the nuns becoming smarter than them, and most are women haters anyway?
There are many more reasons, but I have to go now, and do a good deed for my 90 year old neighbor.
Yes that's what I'm saying.
Although its not a couple rock bands..silly.
Its a whole culture shift in moral standards that - although always around in some capacity - was never on the level that began in the 60s and you know it.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413234 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is the coincidence of the 1960's turning point?
The sexual revolution began. That generation ushered in a whole new mindset that was void of God. Today is the fruits of their free minds.
I think it happened once before like that...in Sodom and Gomorrah. The end result won't be good.
What is your obsession with sex?

The RCC has diplomatic immunity and their own bank. They don't need your excuses.

A little accountability maybe.

(Still waiting for an explanation of why Jesus used Bonito Mussolini to give "His church" diplomatic immunity and a bank. Sounds very unholy to me. Demonic even.)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#413235 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys change your teachings from generation to generation.
Here's one: The Evangelicals and all of Christianity opposed contraception until about 80 yrs ago.
Now the Catholic and Orthodox are the only ones who still oppose it (and always will oppose it) no matter how many of our members are for it.
Did you ever use contraceptives Clay?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413236 Jan 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>they are all talk no substance,i have reeatedly requested accurate undeniable true history to support the claims of the church,and i get nothing,why? because there is nothing to support their theory of being the true church,jesus was jewish,not pagan nor christian,so how could his true church be a combination of those two things?? also i question why he would build his church in a country that beat,tortured,killed,enslaved his people?? does that make sense?? the true church would be just that "true" we have no church that is 100% truthful,and no leader is infallible which is what it would take to run the "true" church,jesus built and is head of his church,no one else just him,for he is a true god and can not die.the head/s of the c.c. die all the time,and have no apostolic powers like they did 2000 yrs ago,has any pope cured a person of a serious illness? performed any type miracle like they did 2000 yrs ago? give sight to a blind man? restore a leg to a legless person? can he turn water into wine? a pope can do none of the above except quote scripture and tell you to have blind faith and charge you for it.they are against same sex marriage or just two people living together out of wedlock, but child molesting is ok,benny knew for years what was going on and said nothing! that makes him guilty of a crime,and he should be prosecuted for it,but he can't be, he was made pope to make sure he can't be brought to court and ordered to testify,the united nations needs to strip him of his diplomatic immunity and he be brought before the world court and ordered to testify or go to jail for contempt,because i know and most everyone knows he would lie on the witness stand,for the same reason he kept quiet the first time,the church could not handle a big scandle like the one that would be caused if he told the truth,i guess lying is a sin for people who are not catholic.ALL I ASK IS THE CHURCH COME FORWARD AND TELL THE WHOLE TRUTH,STOP THE LIES,THE COVER-UPS ALL THAT CRAP. it will never happen,we'll just have to sit back and wait for the muslims to destroy the church all together for insulting them and for trying to wipe them out completely centuries ago.they'll be more churches blown up in africa and slowly spread to other countries,including vatican city.may not be in our life time but i'd bet that's what will happen.
Try looking at the positives.

How many comedy clubs would close without the Roman Catholic Church?

How many comedians would be without good material?

God still uses this church -- for the amusement of mankind.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413237 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that's what I'm saying.
Although its not a couple rock bands..silly.
Its a whole culture shift in moral standards that - although always around in some capacity - was never on the level that began in the 60s and you know it.
USA, 1960 -- about 500 carefully investigated annulments per year.

USA, 2013 --- over 50,000 "carefully investigated" annulments per year.

And you are blaming who?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413238 Jan 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The AUSCP makes up about 2% of the US Catholic priest population and about 0.2% of priests in the world.
"Dissenting American priests have organized an association to protest Church teaching, complain about faithful priests, bishops, cardinals, and the pope, sing songs, hang out, etc."
Rembert Weakland presided at their inaugural meeting.
Do you know who Rembert Weakland is?
Yeah, that's who leading these clowns.
Yes I know about Weakland (the weakest link-terrible reputation) but I guess they don't turn anyone away. Much like Jesus. He accepted the poor the prostitutes, never made excuses for bad behavior like the catholic church does today. Its always somebody elses fault they say.

The american AUSCP only started in August 2011 with 27 members. They are on a membership drive in certain locations but right now have priests from over 120/195 dioceses. Are there any members from your diocese?....YET?

Regardless of who they are (but I understand your point) this is the FIRST time that roman catholic priests have formed a dues paying association whos main agenda is to keep Vatican II alive as was instituted originally by Pope John XXXIII and Pope Paul VI, and to be able to not be under a micro-scope by their bishops as has been going on.

Almost all active priests/nuns were taught under Vatican II policies. Pope Benedict as you know wants to reverse much of what was instituted 50 years ago.

I believe the first priest association started 3 years ago in Ireland, and today Austria, Germany have also formed Unions and I am sure more countries to come.

Whether you accept their ideas or not one has to understand that when UNIONS are formed its usually because of disgruntled workers, and in this case priests feel they are over worked, want their own autonomy, want vatican II policies kept in place, and they ALL support the nuns against the vaticans viscious attacks.

Who would ever believe that in 2013 roman catholic priests in GROWING NUMBERS would stand up against their churches leaders and policies.

Its not the 1960s anymore Anthony when catholics seemed to be ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY....

Now I know somehow you are going to blame me for reporting this information. Do I accept what the priests are doing? Personally it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect me, but it has to make you wonder WHERE THE HELL YOUR CHURCH IS GOING TO BE IN 5 YEARS, 10 YEARS 25 YEARS......

.....over and out!

Clay

Chicago, IL

#413239 Jan 4, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your obsession with sex?
The RCC has diplomatic immunity and their own bank. They don't need your excuses.
A little accountability maybe.
(Still waiting for an explanation of why Jesus used Bonito Mussolini to give "His church" diplomatic immunity and a bank. Sounds very unholy to me. Demonic even.)
lol. I bring up sexual revolution for the 2nd time in 3yrs and I'm obsessed with sex??

meanwhile, you and Michael bring up child sexual abuse EVERY SINGLE DAY, but your normal?

And don't ask me why Benito gave the Church their own bank account. How do I know?
Probably, because any income the Church compiled doesn't belong to Italy. Silly.
Does the Pentecostals have to turn their income over to Obama?? well, not yet anyway.
marge

Ames, IA

#413240 Jan 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can we read all the writings from 'evangelicals' after the bible was written?
The evangelicals have always been Sola Scriptura.

Anthony do you believe the O.T. Scriptures point one to Christ?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413241 Jan 4, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
USA, 1960 -- about 500 carefully investigated annulments per year.
USA, 2013 --- over 50,000 "carefully investigated" annulments per year.
And you are blaming who?
Two points to that. Either there is a helluva lot more catholics opting out of their marriages or the church has found a way to make some money on the side.

Yesterdays news was the Vatican is NOT accepting credit cards on Museum tours anymore $$CASH$$ ONLY. Why? Because the government of Italy has decided the catholic church has not got their MONEY LAUNDERING scandals under control.

Imagine a church laundering finances? Its not just the MOB anymore.

Catholics will blame me again for this bad news story........(lol)
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413242 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael is? Why on Earth would an Atheist try and save the RCC?
Get real.
He hates them just like you and everybody else....Their teachings conflict with your lifestyles, you wanna make em go away.
Michael is a better Catholic than Mussolini -- the man who tempted the RCC with the power of diplomatic immunity and a bank.

The Vatican took the bait -- and the rest is history.

If Michael had been there, the Vatican would not be using their diplomatic immunity to deflect investigations into wide-spread child abuse at Catholic Schools for the Deaf -- on two Continents.

Imagine the Vatican lying about such a thing.

Ireland was so outraged, the government broke diplomatic relations to wake the old fools up.

Michael could have led the Church down a better path, so why do you attack him and not Mussolini?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413243 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I bring up sexual revolution for the 2nd time in 3yrs and I'm obsessed with sex??
meanwhile, you and Michael bring up child sexual abuse EVERY SINGLE DAY, but your normal?
And don't ask me why Benito gave the Church their own bank account. How do I know?
Probably, because any income the Church compiled doesn't belong to Italy. Silly.
Does the Pentecostals have to turn their income over to Obama?? well, not yet anyway.
CLAY says.....

MICHAEL says......DON'T you think you should find out???

..... You tell us you know everything there is to know about your church but when it comes to scandals you pull back into your shell like a frightened turtle head.

Did you not know this is the SECOND money laundering scandal the vatican bank has been involved in since the 1980s? Are you OK with that?

....Doesn't bother you at all. UNBELIEVABLE!

marge

Ames, IA

#413244 Jan 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and Anthony, you know we agree with some of the early writings outside the Bible and disagree with others, we don't have to go through that again do we?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413245 Jan 4, 2013
Roman Catholic Infallible Teaching #4.... Jesus hates orphans.

Jesus wanted the RCC to enjoy diplomatic immunity ---
because Jesus didn't want them to get in trouble for child abuse at orphanages on three continents (at least).

Or, Jesus has nothing to do with these RCC clowns and doesn't hate orphans.

Yep, that's probably more likely, but don't tell any Catholics here that.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413246 Jan 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The evangelicals have always been Sola Scriptura.
Anthony do you believe the O.T. Scriptures point one to Christ?
Give me some examples of the writings of sola scriptura evangelicals from the time immediately after the bible was finished until, oh, about 500 years ago.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413247 Jan 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not their own bank account dummy, their own bank.

And diplomatic immunity too.

Now calm down, stop obsessing about sex and try to make sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 12 pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••