Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
398,081 - 398,100 of 532,489 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Do you think churches are real when they use Jesus' name invane?
To use God's Holy Name , outside of worship, Praise, and in an honorable way is speak Gods name in vain.
To use God's name in a sentence were it is use for cursing or curse words are used , or in anger,.

As it Goes, and I put it on my wall at home.

His name is more then just a swear word, a more then I don't care word.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> He came to die for us. The prophecy had to be fullfilled. The Bible never claims that ALL would listen in fact most don't listen, believed or believe today. His brother James did not believe he was the Messaiah till after his death.
You must be a protestant. Catholics believe Jesus never had siblings. They were all cousins. Sorry for the bad news.

Over centuries MILLIONS of people from far away lands never heard of Jesus, are they going to hell because of that?

Its all FEARFUL nonsense.....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> He came to die for us. The prophecy had to be fullfilled. The Bible never claims that ALL would listen in fact most don't listen, believed or believe today. His brother James did not believe he was the Messaiah till after his death.
Aviela says.,..

..He came to die for us.

Michael says.......If you read your bible closely you will see that a small group of people determined the fate of a man named Jesus. They were given a choice JESUS OR BARABAS.....RIGHT? What would have happened if the crowd had screamed BARABAS instead of JESUS? How would christianity have started then?

The bible stories claim that just a short time before the crucifixion Jesus performed many miracles for thousands of jews like himself. Stories in the bible claim thousands of people loved this man followed him in great groups it was like JESUSMANIA yet a very short time later they were screaming for his death.

What happened in that short time between the miracles and his crucifixion that changed everyones minds?

...not meant to offend but...

Personally I don't believe any of these stories because they make no common sense.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing wrong with burgers for dinner with a side order of steak fries and cole slaw. i don't know what they put in their cole slaw but kentucky fried chicken has the best market cole slaw, i go there an order a large one once in a awhile, and i get strange looks from cashier because that's all i order.
LOL I love their cole slaw, and their veggie salad which they have stopped making. I am not a big hamburger person but I do eat one from time to time but I make them myself, I like the New York Fries a lot . I watch the gravy however to much MSG in it.
that stuff will kill you.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I drank some really good beer brewed by Catholic monks when I lived in Europe. Would that qualify?
OMG! Sooo! thats what happened to you! Are you blind now?

Brewed by monks. Much like the MOONSHINERS in North Carolina?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't need to initiate anything? You don't need to make the decision via free will?
Your sin separates you from God and you can't fix it. So what are you intiating?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Micheal, if you read the good book you will learn all about the different personalities.
Tell me? Why are NONE of these different personalities or characters in the bible, not ever written about ANYWHERE ELSE?

Why does our world history not mention a miracle man named Jesus, except referring to the bible?

Why did NOT ONE of the many jewish/roman writers of that era ever write about a man named Jesus, not ANYONE from the entire mediteranean ever mentions a man Jesus who performed many miracles and was crucified? We have nothing in any of their writings. Devastating! wouldn't you say?

....something is terribly wrong!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>why not? god is suppose to be a loving forgiving person,so why doesn't everyone go to heaven? if you go to the catholic church toss them a few bucks, go into a closet confess your sin/s to a man and your all set....what puzzles me is how do they get around the rule "there is only one mediator between man and god and that is jesus"
One Lie on top of an other Jethro, its a deck of cards.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who must write thousands of words to eck out one thought is a freak..FREAK. You simpleton.......learn to communicate....save us time and give us pleasure by learning to write or even speak. How, did you get this far in life?
By the Grace of God of course LOL.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am not mistaken, the shroud has been proven to be a 13th century creation and only a few, relatively speaking, hold on it being of christ.
You are right. A man looking like that would certainly standout in 1st century Israel.
Details. Details. Details. Who needs details?
The catholic church does NOT state that the shroud of Turin is the actual burial cloth of a man named Jesus. They don't know but claim it to be a church relic.

Wouldn't one believe by now the Holy Spirit would have informed the Pope that its real or its not?

BUSTED!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
ReginaM wrote:
text>
I'm not worried about the opinion of you and your ilk. The only "opinion" I'm concerned with is that of God. He tells the truth and I believe it. As do my brothers and sisters in Christ...Anthony, Robert, Clay, Hojo, Dust Storm, Star, etc. I have no need to change it to stroke my ego, i.e. Protestantism.
So no need to worry about me. I'm in the church Christ founded, all is well! Yes, that's right, it's in scripture!
JETHRO:you state "I'm in the church Christ founded, all is well! Yes, that's right, it's in scripture!" JETHRO: would you mind posting this scripture that says the catholic church is the right church,the one christ built? and who saw him build it?
Jesus Church is A Spiritual one built one soul at a time.
It was not built with the hands of man but by the Holy Spirit .
the true alter of God is in the Heart and Soul of Gods people.
How can I describe God, Holy,, Righteous, Love, and Merciful, full of Grace. The Heavens declare the Glory of God.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the (truth) Michael!! You just "make it up"--- to fit your anti-catholic vengeance, hostility and hatred "for" the "truth"!!--the historical and biblical "truth" of Jesus Christ and His One "True"---that (my friend) IS the TRUTH!!
HOJO says...

....You don't know the (truth) Michael!! You just "make it up"

MICHAEL says......again!! what did I make up? Tell me!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I drank some really good beer brewed by Catholic monks when I lived in Europe. Would that qualify?
Why would you want to live in Europe? People defacate and pee in the streets, no standup showers, moldy old buildings, narrow streets, tiny cars, no Krispy Kreame donuts, no home depot, no dairy queen, no budweiser beer.

.......why do you think everyone in europe is moving to america?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>people here in boston have not forgotten,churches are closing daily here,to them but she's not sure how to handle it.i told her the best thing to do is let it go until after her parents are gone because it will cause a problem,her parents (father mostly)are big on going to church,every saturday and sunday,her mom calls and allways asks if she went to church and she lies and says yes she went,she went christmas eve,first time she went to church in months.being a mother she is having a hard time with this issue,and it's understandable,that is why i can't understand why parents are still taking their kids to this perverted church,and not just the C.C. but anyone of them involved with cover-up of abuse going on.I include the boy scouts also,that was a real shocker,had no idea the problem was that big in the organization.made my brother aware of it just in case he had the idea of sending my 5 yr. old nephew to the scouts,after what he read,he won't now.he won't even let the kids go to church,they stay home with him while their mom goes.i can't blame him,if i had kids no way would i let them near either organization.
Edited for space..

When I was young and our family attended mass, at the end of mass, it was a log jam in the isles of people pushing out the front doors. There would be the smokers lighting up, and always a couple old ladies talking the ear off of the parish priest about some muffins she was going to bake for him, and the rest of the crowd dispersed within a few minutes.

There was always a few old ladies who stayed back and prayed some more hoping to attain more grace for their grand total.

A friend of mine who has been a life long member says the high water mark years were in the late 1960s and since then he says attendance right across the city has dropped steadily.

Back in the day 3 sunday masses, 3 parish priests, 1 saturday night mass.

....TODAY, no parish priest, 1 sunday mass, 1 saturday night mass, and most attendees are old grey haired people. Few children attend.

....times are changing quickly.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>people here in boston have not forgotten,churches are closing daily here,no priest shortage here,for the few churches left there is two priests for every church.in my home town we had 4 catholic churches now we are down to one with one getting ready to close soon,no one is attending,to be associated with the catholic church you are branded a pedophile supporter.that would explain the mad dash to their cars and zipping out of the parking lot in a hurry,ever notice that? no one hangs around and talks to other church goers,my g/f has mentioned it a few times,she is attending a new church because her usual one closed,and she knows no one at the one she goes to now,once the priest is done it's a mad dash to the door,no one stops to say hello to her or welcome to our church or anything,even the priest dissapears into the back room in a hurry like he's afraid to have to talk to someone,I feel bad for her,i told her to stick to her plan of finding a different church after her parents are gone,they are the reason she still goes to a catholic church.she had no idea how bad it was as far as the abuse goes until i told her to sit and watch 60 minutes,they ran the abuse story and it shocked and horrified her,she had no idea how bad it was,she wants to ask her kids if anything ever happened to them but she's not sure how to handle it.i told her the best thing to do is let it go until after her parents are gone because it will cause a problem,her parents (father mostly)are big on going to church,every saturday and sunday,her mom calls and allways asks if she went to church and she lies and says yes she went,she went christmas eve,first time she went to church in months.being a mother she is having a hard time with this issue,and it's understandable,that is why i can't understand why parents are still taking their kids to this perverted church,and not just the C.C. but anyone of them involved with cover-up of abuse going on.I include the boy scouts also,that was a real shocker,had no idea the problem was that big in the organization.made my brother aware of it just in case he had the idea of sending my 5 yr. old nephew to the scouts,after what he read,he won't now.he won't even let the kids go to church,they stay home with him while their mom goes.i can't blame him,if i had kids no way would i let them near either organization.
I hope you are feeling well Jethro.

There is a lot of turmoil going on within the church today.

There has always been disgruntled catholics, but just recently NOW we have 47,000 nuns in america battling the vatican, priests forming associations (unions)in many countries in just the past 3 years, claim they are tired of being kicked around by their bishops and they support the nuns.

The USA priest association is called the AUSCP.

A lot of discontent within the church today. Even the popes butler who stole "secret documents" from the pope stated their is much corruption within the hirearchy.

When I mention this news to catholics they don't get upset with the ones causing the problems, they get upset at me for telling the truthful stories.(lol)

Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Edited for space..
When I was young and our family attended mass, at the end of mass, it was a log jam in the isles of people pushing out the front doors. There would be the smokers lighting up, and always a couple old ladies talking the ear off of the parish priest about some muffins she was going to bake for him, and the rest of the crowd dispersed within a few minutes.
There was always a few old ladies who stayed back and prayed some more hoping to attain more grace for their grand total.
A friend of mine who has been a life long member says the high water mark years were in the late 1960s and since then he says attendance right across the city has dropped steadily.
Back in the day 3 sunday masses, 3 parish priests, 1 saturday night mass.
....TODAY, no parish priest, 1 sunday mass, 1 saturday night mass, and most attendees are old grey haired people. Few children attend.
....times are changing quickly.
And what is the coincidence of the 1960's turning point?
The sexual revolution began. That generation ushered in a whole new mindset that was void of God. Today is the fruits of their free minds.

I think it happened once before like that...in Sodom and Gomorrah. The end result won't be good.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you want to live in Europe? People defacate and pee in the streets, no standup showers, moldy old buildings, narrow streets, tiny cars, no Krispy Kreame donuts, no home depot, no dairy queen, no budweiser beer.
.......why do you think everyone in europe is moving to america?
Wow. You are really desperate for attention. I see you haven't taken my advice regarding your wife.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep missing the main point of your argument. If many former catholics speak out against the church, the nuns and vatican are in battle mode, priests around the world are forming associations because they have been kicked around by their leaders, and the main stream media speaks against the church..........YOU HAVE TO BE ASKING WHY? Why are so many people speaking out against the church?
Because people have lost their way.

What is the Church supposed to do? Change all their teachings because the new culture demands it!!
Sorry Mike, you must have them confused with the Evangelicals. The Church will fade to a 100 members before they'll adhere to outside influence. The dogma can't be changed and never will.
The Holy Spirit will see the Church through any difficult times...He always has in every century since its founding in 33 AD.
Heck, nothing today can compare to every Priest Bishop and Pope being rounded up and killed!
If THAT didn't stop them then nothing will - when Christ promised to be with you til the end.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You are really desperate for attention. I see you haven't taken my advice regarding your wife.
YOu have no idea what you are talking about. We are going to Scottsdale Arizona end of February. We were away just last week. Should we travel more to make you happy?

The cold winds of Minnesota have never been on our agenda. I heard you still have snow piles at the end of mall parking lots from 2006.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are feeling well Jethro.
There is a lot of turmoil going on within the church today.
There has always been disgruntled catholics, but just recently NOW we have 47,000 nuns in america battling the vatican, priests forming associations (unions)in many countries in just the past 3 years, claim they are tired of being kicked around by their bishops and they support the nuns.
The USA priest association is called the AUSCP.
A lot of discontent within the church today. Even the popes butler who stole "secret documents" from the pope stated their is much corruption within the hirearchy.
When I mention this news to catholics they don't get upset with the ones causing the problems, they get upset at me for telling the truthful stories.(lol)
The AUSCP makes up about 2% of the US Catholic priest population and about 0.2% of priests in the world.

"Dissenting American priests have organized an association to protest Church teaching, complain about faithful priests, bishops, cardinals, and the pope, sing songs, hang out, etc."

Rembert Weakland presided at their inaugural meeting.

Do you know who Rembert Weakland is?

Yeah, that's who leading these clowns.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Married in 8,121
More 4 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 5 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 5 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••