Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,904)

Showing posts 398,061 - 398,080 of530,081
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course! If you believe in the trinity, then you believe god killed himself to appease himself. LOL!
So Aviela, was jesus just the son of god? If we are all god's children, what makes jesus so special? LOL!
he was special because he was 6ft. or a bit taller,the average height of men back then was 5/6 to 5/8,and the picture in the shroud of turin the man is 6 ft.+ if it really is suppose to be jesus,we'll never know since the church refuses to give up a snippet of the original cloth,they gave scientists a snippet from a patch that was added on because of the fire damage,they don't want the truth to be known,they'd loose millions of dollars and followers which are dwindling by the day.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> yummy!
it was very good,i was a little concerned because i have not made one in a long time,and i wanted this to be perfect,3 inches deep with just about every vegy mixed in except spinach,lima beans,brussel sprouts,and a lot of meat all smothered in thick gravy,followed by chocolate cream pie (i bought that).

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Some go to heaven the rest will have the ressurection hope here on earth. Its not true that all who die go to heaven.
why not? god is suppose to be a loving forgiving person,so why doesn't everyone go to heaven? if you go to the catholic church toss them a few bucks, go into a closet confess your sin/s to a man and your all set....what puzzles me is how do they get around the rule "there is only one mediator between man and god and that is jesus"

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he was special because he was 6ft. or a bit taller,the average height of men back then was 5/6 to 5/8,and the picture in the shroud of turin the man is 6 ft.+ if it really is suppose to be jesus,we'll never know since the church refuses to give up a snippet of the original cloth,they gave scientists a snippet from a patch that was added on because of the fire damage,they don't want the truth to be known,they'd loose millions of dollars and followers which are dwindling by the day.
If I am not mistaken, the shroud has been proven to be a 13th century creation and only a few, relatively speaking, hold on it being of christ.

You are right. A man looking like that would certainly standout in 1st century Israel.

Details. Details. Details. Who needs details?
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>actually he doesn't he lives in vatican city,which is considered a country within a country,which will eventually be blown up by muslims for being insulted about their beliefs.they have one hell of a nerve on critizing anyone,they should focus on their own problems,like going on national t.v. and confessing to the world,the sins of the church,and then benny stepping down as pope,he is not fit for the job being a criminal,that would not sit well with jesus IF the church is the true church which obviously it's not.it's to corrupt.no real god would associate him/her self with it,they would be considered just as corrupt and evil as the church is,guilt by association.lets face it,the church worships itself and does not really care about it's followers,they care about their money but as a person they could care less,"just fill that collection plate and god will smile upon you",church slogan :)
Do you realize no normal person thinks 'Benney' is a criminal. Its been investigated by all the top journalist...and believe me, if there was something out there, it would be reported.
Instead, all we have is a few slander articles from your fellow bigots, who desperately want to believe these fables. Like you, they will knowingly spread this crap to further trash the Church.
Although the mainstream media also hates the Church like you, but they also care about their reputation.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>why not? god is suppose to be a loving forgiving person,so why doesn't everyone go to heaven? if you go to the catholic church toss them a few bucks, go into a closet confess your sin/s to a man and your all set....what puzzles me is how do they get around the rule "there is only one mediator between man and god and that is jesus"
to answer your last question that you already know the answer to:

We don't bypass Jesus Christ. He is the only mediator. All sacraments and such are an effort to get to Him.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather, it's truly sad that someone who was unable to control themselves thinks that no one else has self control. Three of my five children are adults who are social drinkers, not one of them is an alcoholic, drinks in excess or has ever been involved in any kind of drinking related problems. I raised them to, as with everything, enjoy it in moderation.
Why would you condemn something that Jesus clearly approved of?
When you drink in from of young children do they know you're drinking in moderation and you're in control?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
The RCC claims to have done "scientific tests" on two or more real-presence miracle Eucharists. But those tests were all done in the 1970's and early 1980's -- before DNA and other amazing forensic techniques -- which are accepted as evidence in a Court of Law today. So why not help to save souls by testing anew, using this far more advanced science? Isn't that why God revealed so much to mankind anyhow? RCC -- time to put up or shut up. If you claim spiritual superiority, then stop hiding and prove it.
they are all talk no substance,i have reeatedly requested accurate undeniable true history to support the claims of the church,and i get nothing,why? because there is nothing to support their theory of being the true church,jesus was jewish,not pagan nor christian,so how could his true church be a combination of those two things?? also i question why he would build his church in a country that beat,tortured,killed,enslaved his people?? does that make sense?? the true church would be just that "true" we have no church that is 100% truthful,and no leader is infallible which is what it would take to run the "true" church,jesus built and is head of his church,no one else just him,for he is a true god and can not die.the head/s of the c.c. die all the time,and have no apostolic powers like they did 2000 yrs ago,has any pope cured a person of a serious illness? performed any type miracle like they did 2000 yrs ago? give sight to a blind man? restore a leg to a legless person? can he turn water into wine? a pope can do none of the above except quote scripture and tell you to have blind faith and charge you for it.they are against same sex marriage or just two people living together out of wedlock, but child molesting is ok,benny knew for years what was going on and said nothing! that makes him guilty of a crime,and he should be prosecuted for it,but he can't be, he was made pope to make sure he can't be brought to court and ordered to testify,the united nations needs to strip him of his diplomatic immunity and he be brought before the world court and ordered to testify or go to jail for contempt,because i know and most everyone knows he would lie on the witness stand,for the same reason he kept quiet the first time,the church could not handle a big scandle like the one that would be caused if he told the truth,i guess lying is a sin for people who are not catholic.ALL I ASK IS THE CHURCH COME FORWARD AND TELL THE WHOLE TRUTH,STOP THE LIES,THE COVER-UPS ALL THAT CRAP. it will never happen,we'll just have to sit back and wait for the muslims to destroy the church all together for insulting them and for trying to wipe them out completely centuries ago.they'll be more churches blown up in africa and slowly spread to other countries,including vatican city.may not be in our life time but i'd bet that's what will happen.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
HURRY UP AND ACT LIKE A SMART ALEC , LTM.
I want to go to bed and I want to see what kind of ignorant response I receive from you.
why is it that 90% of the catholics on here are so mean and nasty like you? is that part of their man made traditions? people tell you the truth about your church and you become very mean and nasty, i don't understand it,if you can't handle the truth,you shouldn't be on here.we have seen the churches true colors and it is red, as in all the blood they spilled over the centuries in the name of god.WHAT A JOKE.speaking of jokes how come he is not stopping the bombings in africa of "HIS" true church?? do you know why?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

4gvn:LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic and common sense is not the catholic's strong point.
Be nice. Let Jesus show through you.:) JETHRO:she has a good point there.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
text>
I'm not worried about the opinion of you and your ilk. The only "opinion" I'm concerned with is that of God. He tells the truth and I believe it. As do my brothers and sisters in Christ...Anthony, Robert, Clay, Hojo, Dust Storm, Star, etc. I have no need to change it to stroke my ego, i.e. Protestantism.
So no need to worry about me. I'm in the church Christ founded, all is well! Yes, that's right, it's in scripture!
JETHRO:you state "I'm in the church Christ founded, all is well! Yes, that's right, it's in scripture!" JETHRO: would you mind posting this scripture that says the catholic church is the right church,the one christ built? and who saw him build it?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
From the RCC's deeds, one must conclude that the Vatican believes Jesus would do the same for one of His Apostles, who happened to facilitate the rape of children who came to Him. Absurd. How can anyone claim Jesus guided His earthly vicar to honor and reward an Apostle who facilitated the rape of over 100 children? Nope, Law was rewarded for his silence and for leaving his home country (forever likely) to avoid being subpoenaed to testify.
same reason benny was made pope to keep him quiet.if he was a true man of god,he would step forward on his own and tell the truth,but it seems that word (truth) does not exist in the man made phony catholic traditions.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
to answer your last question that you already know the answer to:
We don't bypass Jesus Christ. He is the only mediator. All sacraments and such are an effort to get to Him.
And there is the problem Clay. You cannot get to Him...He comes to us.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
.....Everyone remembers Cardinal Bernard Law of the Arch-diocese of Boston, whose soft-glove treatment of pedophiles ignited the Boston scandal. Cost the archdiocese of Boston $650 MILLION in lawsuits. Thankyou parishioners for your financial support.
Cardinal Law was disgraced and resigned as archbishop in 2002.
In 2004 Cardinal Law was summoned to Rome by the Pope and later in 2004 he was named pastor of a great Roman basilica, Santa Maria Maggiore, with a $10,000 per month salary and a highly influential role in choosing new American bishops.
.....and Catholics accept this joy.
No one gives a damn about the innocent victims and their families. DISGUSTING!
and.... UNBELIEVABLE!
people here in boston have not forgotten,churches are closing daily here,no priest shortage here,for the few churches left there is two priests for every church.in my home town we had 4 catholic churches now we are down to one with one getting ready to close soon,no one is attending,to be associated with the catholic church you are branded a pedophile supporter.that would explain the mad dash to their cars and zipping out of the parking lot in a hurry,ever notice that? no one hangs around and talks to other church goers,my g/f has mentioned it a few times,she is attending a new church because her usual one closed,and she knows no one at the one she goes to now,once the priest is done it's a mad dash to the door,no one stops to say hello to her or welcome to our church or anything,even the priest dissapears into the back room in a hurry like he's afraid to have to talk to someone,I feel bad for her,i told her to stick to her plan of finding a different church after her parents are gone,they are the reason she still goes to a catholic church.she had no idea how bad it was as far as the abuse goes until i told her to sit and watch 60 minutes,they ran the abuse story and it shocked and horrified her,she had no idea how bad it was,she wants to ask her kids if anything ever happened to them but she's not sure how to handle it.i told her the best thing to do is let it go until after her parents are gone because it will cause a problem,her parents (father mostly)are big on going to church,every saturday and sunday,her mom calls and allways asks if she went to church and she lies and says yes she went,she went christmas eve,first time she went to church in months.being a mother she is having a hard time with this issue,and it's understandable,that is why i can't understand why parents are still taking their kids to this perverted church,and not just the C.C. but anyone of them involved with cover-up of abuse going on.I include the boy scouts also,that was a real shocker,had no idea the problem was that big in the organization.made my brother aware of it just in case he had the idea of sending my 5 yr. old nephew to the scouts,after what he read,he won't now.he won't even let the kids go to church,they stay home with him while their mom goes.i can't blame him,if i had kids no way would i let them near either organization.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing wrong with burgers for dinner with a side order of steak fries and cole slaw. i don't know what they put in their cole slaw but kentucky fried chicken has the best market cole slaw, i go there an order a large one once in a awhile, and i get strange looks from cashier because that's all i order.
Next time you go into KFC just order a large gravy, and see what strange looks you get.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't need to initiate anything? You don't need to make the decision via free will?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When you drink in from of young children do they know you're drinking in moderation and you're in control?
Of course. What do you think I've been saying all along? The one or two beers I drink and the one glass of wine my wife may drink on occasion has zero effect on us. We have self control. That's what the bible teaches.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize no normal person thinks 'Benney' is a criminal. Its been investigated by all the top journalist...and believe me, if there was something out there, it would be reported.
Instead, all we have is a few slander articles from your fellow bigots, who desperately want to believe these fables. Like you, they will knowingly spread this crap to further trash the Church.
Although the mainstream media also hates the Church like you, but they also care about their reputation.
You keep missing the main point of your argument. If many former catholics speak out against the church, the nuns and vatican are in battle mode, priests around the world are forming associations because they have been kicked around by their leaders, and the main stream media speaks against the church..........YOU HAVE TO BE ASKING WHY? Why are so many people speaking out against the church?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
But the approval of drinking wine goes back further than New Testament times. Several passages from the Old Testament indicate that drinking has been acceptable for a long time:
Give strong drink to him who is perishing, and wine to those in bitter distress; let them drink and forget their poverty, and remember their misery no more (Prov. 31:6-7).
Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was priest of God Most High (Gen. 14:18).
[Jacob] brought [Isaac] wine, and he drank (Gen. 27:25).
[S]pend the money for whatever you desire, oxen, or sheep, or wine or strong drink ...(Deut. 14:26).
Thou dost cause the grass to grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate, that he may bring forth food from the earth, and wine to gladden the heart of man ...(Ps. 104:14-15).
Go, eat your bread with enjoyment, and drink your wine with a merry heart; for God has already approved what you do (Eccles. 9:7).1
On this mountain the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of fat things, a feast of wine on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wine on the lees well refined (Is. 25:6). Note that the Hebrew word translated as "wine on the lees" here is shemer, indicating fermentation.
Israel’s burnt offering requirements—required by God—included the use of wine, the leftover of which could be drunk by Aaron and his sons: "[A]nd with the first lamb a tenth measure of fine flour mingled with a fourth of a hin of beaten oil, and a fourth of a hin of wine for a libation" (Ex. 29:40; see also Lev. 23:13; Num. 15:5, 7, 10; 28:7, 14). Note that Numbers 28:7 uses the Hebrew word shekar, meaning "strong wine" (or other strong alcoholic drink).
http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/got...
ANTHONY says......

..But the approval of drinking wine goes back further than New Testament times. Several passages from the Old Testament indicate that drinking has been acceptable for a long time:

MICHAEL says..We are all sure drinking ferminated beverages was acceptable in all other lands at that time that had nothing to do with bible writings..

.......Slavery was acceptable back then too. Owning your wife was common and ACCEPTABLE. Just a few years ago smoking cigarettes was acceptable by most people. Will you start smoking CAMELS now because a few years ago everyone else did?

Your argument is always, because its in the BIBLE its OK!(lol)

BUSTED!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 398,061 - 398,080 of530,081
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••