Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,485
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#413144 Jan 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
WHAT DOES GOD HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THOSE WHO DRINK ALCOHOL?
There are countless verses that show us God's displeasure in those who choose to use alcoholic substances and the negative effect alcohol will have in your life. Here are just a few verses:
1 Corinthians 6:10 lists drunkards among those who will not inherit the kingdom of God. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, NOR DRUNKARDS, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
Galatians 5:21 "Envyings, murders, DRUNKENNESS, revelings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have told you in time past, that THEY WHICH DO SUCH THINGS SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD."
Proverbs 23:19-21, "Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way. Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: for the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty."
And even though society tells you that drinking is fun, that people who drink are social and attractive, and that a little wine is good for your health, the Bible tells us something very different:
Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."
Isaiah 5:11, 22 "Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them! Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink. "
(Let me try this "all CAPS" thing and see if people can hear me better...lol)

GOD DID NOT SAY DRINKING ALCOHOL IS A SIN, IN FACT, JESUS, WHO IS GOD IN THE FLESH, DRANK ALCOHOL AND MADE A BUNCH OF IT FOR WEDDING GUESTS AND SERVED IT TO HIS DISCIPLES.

HE SAID "DRUNKEDNESS" AND WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE DRUNK AND NOT IN CONTROL OF YOUR ACTIONS IS A SIN.

There, I feel better.
Live Action

Piedmont, OK

#413145 Jan 3, 2013
theirs lots of gods but the creator is not a god...what part of this do you not understand.

man changed his name and none of you can dis prove this. but yet you worship a man made god....

And you will cause them to forget my name and the world has...

Yahweh
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413146 Jan 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
WHAT DOES GOD HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THOSE WHO DRINK ALCOHOL?
There are countless verses that show us God's displeasure in those who choose to use alcoholic substances and the negative effect alcohol will have in your life. Here are just a few verses:
1 Corinthians 6:10 lists drunkards among those who will not inherit the kingdom of God. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, NOR DRUNKARDS, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
Galatians 5:21 "Envyings, murders, DRUNKENNESS, revelings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have told you in time past, that THEY WHICH DO SUCH THINGS SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD."
Proverbs 23:19-21, "Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way. Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: for the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty."
And even though society tells you that drinking is fun, that people who drink are social and attractive, and that a little wine is good for your health, the Bible tells us something very different:
Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."
Isaiah 5:11, 22 "Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them! Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink. "
Do you notice the scripture says drunkards. The point is we can drink, getting drunk is a sin. Sippin a glass of wine is not a sin. Its the downing the whole bottle and getting DRUNK that is the sin. Drunk dialing folks is a sin. The word the scripture emphasises is DRUNk.. do you notice that?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413147 Jan 3, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't be too much against it! He pick Lot and Noah!
They messed up. Noah and Lot sinned.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413148 Jan 3, 2013
By all means let me clear up my name here. I'm not trying to encourage anyone to fall off the wagon and get tore up. I was simply showing a balance view of the scriptures that its okay to drink wine. I wish not to stumble anyone and you end up somewhere in AA.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413149 Jan 3, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't be too much against it! He pick Lot and Noah!
you're funny...hehe

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413150 Jan 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD DID NOT SAY DRINKING ALCOHOL IS A SIN, IN FACT, JESUS, WHO IS GOD IN THE FLESH, DRANK ALCOHOL AND MADE A BUNCH OF IT FOR WEDDING GUESTS AND SERVED IT TO HIS DISCIPLES.
HE SAID "DRUNKEDNESS" AND WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE DRUNK AND NOT IN CONTROL OF YOUR ACTIONS IS A SIN.
There, I feel better.
I find that people who don't want to hear the truth, will SHOUT it down.
It makes them feel better temporarily.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413151 Jan 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS DISQUALIFY YOU FROM BEING USED BY GOD
Don't you want to be used by God? How can God use you as a witness to others if you have no self-control, are setting a bad example to others, and are behaving just like the world by drinking and getting high? God's Word tells us that for us to be used by God, we must be sober and avoid intoxicating substances.
Titus 1:7-8, "For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not self-willed, not soon angry, not given to wine...But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just holy temperate.
Titus 2:2-6, "That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children... Young men likewise exhort to be soberminded.
This is what God's Word tells us about a great man of God, John the Baptist: Luke 1:15-16, "For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.'
And this is what another great man of God, Daniel, did when given the opportunity to drink wine: Daniel 1:8, "But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank."
These men were used by God in a mighty way. God was able to use them because they did not defile their bodies or minds with alcohol or drugs. Do you think anyone would have listened to John the Baptist or Daniel or the disciples if they would have been hanging out at the bar during happy hour and getting drunk?
And if you are a Christian man or woman who is thinking, "But I'm not a bishop or deacon or someone chosen like John the Baptist. I am not under those same conditions. I'm just trying to enjoy a little wine with my meal," I want you to think on this: If you are truly saved and have been adopted into God's family, you are now called kings, priests, and saints. Revelation 1:5-6 says "Jesus Christ ... washed us from our sins in his own blood, and hath made us KINGS and PRIESTS unto God and his Father." And Revelation 5:10 also says that Jesus hast made us unto our God kings and priests. So you see, men and women, we have been adopted into God's royal family. "Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation" (1 Peter 2:9). And the Bible says this of its kings and royalty: Proverbs 31:4 "It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted." So, friends, stop living like the world, and start living like God's holy royal people!
AMEN

Wentzville, MO

#413152 Jan 3, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>how u, what? pervert.
Dearest Percy, it is obvious that you have never gotten over being picked on in school. So now you try to be macho on the internet. You are a nut case.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#413153 Jan 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There, I feel better.
Anthony, Jesus was perfect He would have never cantaminated His blood nor His flesh with unholy booze, He had to be pure to die on the cross for the sins of the world.
If people want to drink fine, but to say Jesus drank ferment wine as an excuse to do so pretty bad Anthony.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#413154 Jan 3, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>how u, what? pervert.
May God find you a nice quiet place next door to Billy Grahm.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#413155 Jan 3, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Stay away from alcohol if it bothers your concious. Its okay. No one is asking you to drink.
What bothers me Aviela, is people are saying Jesus sinned and drank alcoholic, and then turned water into wine and gave it to a bunch of people who were already half if not all the way in the bag.
Would He have said not to get drunk then give fermented wine to people who were already drunk.
He would be contributing to them getting drunk causing them to sin.
LOgical it is impossible, it does not make sense.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#413156 Jan 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, Jesus was perfect He would have never cantaminated His blood nor His flesh with unholy booze, He had to be pure to die on the cross for the sins of the world.
If people want to drink fine, but to say Jesus drank ferment wine as an excuse to do so pretty bad Anthony.
Your problem is that you think drinking alcohol is unholy, it's not. It's getting "smashed" that causes one to sin.

Jesus drank alcoholic wine. He didn't get "smashed". That's bible.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#413157 Jan 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that people who don't want to hear the truth, will SHOUT it down.
It makes them feel better temporarily.
Exactly, that's why you're the king of SHOUTING on this forum.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413158 Jan 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There, I feel better.
Agree. But maybe some people think that having a glass of wine is considered getting drunk. I agree with you God is againts getting drunk. But there is no harm in enjoying smashed grages....(as I sip another sip of my good *Moscato*):o)
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413159 Jan 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
What bothers me Aviela, is people are saying Jesus sinned and drank alcoholic, and then turned water into wine and gave it to a bunch of people who were already half if not all the way in the bag.
Would He have said not to get drunk then give fermented wine to people who were already drunk.
He would be contributing to them getting drunk causing them to sin.
LOgical it is impossible, it does not make sense.
I am trying to understand your point of view. But does it make sense for Jesus to turn water into wine if he thought it was a gross sin? Correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me that if you see a person enjoying a glass of wine in your eyes you consider them a drunkard
just saying

Sevierville, TN

#413160 Jan 3, 2013
sister you need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and run as fast as you can from the catholic church. you need to study the history of the catholic church and what God has to say about that church. God winked at ignorance once, but i am afraid he will not again. prayers are with you and hope you do ecentually see the light.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#413161 Jan 3, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Agree. But maybe some people think that having a glass of wine is considered getting drunk. I agree with you God is againts getting drunk. But there is no harm in enjoying smashed grages....(as I sip another sip of my good *Moscato*):o)
Most if these folks had bad experiences with drunks, so they can't imagine someone stopping after a glass or two of wine or beer.

I love German white wines, preferably an Auslese or Spätlese from the Rhein river region.
just saying

Sevierville, TN

#413162 Jan 3, 2013
all born again believers are part of the real church

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#413163 Jan 3, 2013
just saying wrote:
all born again believers are part of the real church
Your beliefs are directly from Babylon, the ancient 3rd world power. 2000 years before Christianity. You are PAGAN Freakshow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,881
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Jan 26 SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web