Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653905 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#413097 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Replying to your top line first...I did not say the Church is too big to fail. That's absurd.
If they would have failed in the past, it would have been 2,000 yrs ago when they crucified its founder and killed all His Apostles (except John).
Then, they killed all the people they ordained - including Clement of Rome and Ignatius of Antioch.
THEN, they killed all the people THEY ordained.
In fact they martyrd nearly every single Pope until Constantine legalized Christianity.
Emperor Decius beheaded Pope Fabian in the middle 2nd century and declared "I would far rather hear of a rival to my thrown then another Bishop of Rome (Pope)."
The Catholic Churchs survival to this day is a miracle in itself Mike. It doesn't matter how many people are in it. As long as they heard the Gospel and made a conscience decision to walk away, its on them...not the Church.
You are damn right its a miracle! Without people there is no church. Without mega groups of babies being born into the faith to become ONLY what mom and dad want them to become, the church services would be held in telephone booths. The church has survived soley based on huge numbers of INDOCTRINATIONS over the centuries.

I stated before, more catholics die or quit the church in a year than catholics who actually join on. Without indoctrinations the church would be a mere shell of itself.........and that is the TRUTH.

Clay

Minneapolis, MN

#413098 Jan 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Could some Roman Catholic tell me ...
For what purpose ...(do you Roman Catholics believe.)..Did Jesus come to the earth?
for what purpose did He live and die and ascend...
He came to this Earth to establish a Church that would completely mess up His teachings. But He somehow persuaded them to compile a Bible that would secretly be his real ministry...unfortunately, everyone still had no clue to what He wanted...so Our Lord waited patiently til the year 1450 AD until the Bible could be printed and read by the laity. But these folks were still to Catholic...So He waited for another couple hundred yrs until finally...someone could figure out John 3:3. After these 'born agains' emerged and changed all earlier teachings, Christ finally had the truth revealed.

To answer your second question: He lived, died and ascended for the 3% of this world who call themselves born agains.. the rest of us are doomed. Including the Hmong in the mountains of Laos who never even heard of Jesus Christ.,

I answered your question now you answer mine.

Who do you think Christ was talking about when He said "Many false prophets will appear and deceive many people".
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#413099 Jan 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop trying to put words in my mouth, I don't think its alright for anyone to drink booze Regina,
So what your saying when God deliver's a person he really isn't delivered.. where is your faith in Gods ablity to do all things.
Jesus took all sin to the cross 2000 years ago so in fact Chuck was delivered 2000 years ago, chuck had to make the choice to let go of the sin and do it no more.
To drink strong drink is a sin not a disease Regina, like murder, and lust, and adultery.
Its not a sin to drink in moderation. What is a sin is getting drunk beating up your neighbor and getting a DUI. The apostles drank wine.

Do you have this scrtipture in your Bible? Timothy 5:23 Do not drink water any longer, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent cases of sickness.

If drinking was a sin why would Jesus turn water into wine and drink wine?
Michael

Canada

#413100 Jan 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
He is trying to save the RCC.
They are just not getting it.

I leave them hints all over the frickken place and they don't catch on. None of them.

We are here to help.

How many times have we stated get rid of the bad clergy? They respond by defending them and calling us names.

How many times have we stated the lieing/coverup artist bishops should be punished or removed. Catholics say leave them alone.

We can't help them if they are going to all stick their heads in the sand and remain SILENT!

I just don't get it!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#413101 Jan 3, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
Sorry TBS. It may seem hard to believe. Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets..., just as you quote in Matthew 5:17
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Read it slower or maybe have someone read it and explain it to you.

"Till heaven and earth pass", have they? No.

A law cannot be fulfilled.

Prophecy can.

"one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." If all is fulfilled, then there is no second coming. All is fulfilled.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#413102 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Could some Roman Catholic tell me ...
For what purpose ...(do you Roman Catholics believe.)..Did Jesus come to the earth?
for what purpose did He live and die and ascend...
confrint

God's graces to you, and peace.

Your first question is that Jesus came to earth to be like men in all things, except for sin.

Your second question is like the first. He lived to be like all men. He died in obedience to the Will of the Father, that He might draw all men to the Father. In doing so he destroyed death for man, as the Perfect Sacrifice for man's transgressions of the law. He ascended to the Father, that the Father and Son might send the Holy Spirit to guide man into all holiness, and ultimately into the Presence of God known as the Beatific Vision....
Michael

Canada

#413103 Jan 3, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Its not a sin to drink in moderation. What is a sin is getting drunk beating up your neighbor and getting a DUI. The apostles drank wine.
Do you have this scrtipture in your Bible? Timothy 5:23 Do not drink water any longer, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent cases of sickness.
Aviela says.

Michael says.....to make people like him?? Who knows. Its obvious the so called miracle didn't influence anyone. A short time later they all wanted him dead. So much for the miracles.

Maybe the 12 apostles all got drunk on one of their fishing boats every week. We don't know.

You have no idea what these characters were really like 2,000 years ago, no more than you know anything personally about the posters on this forum today.

BUSTED!

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#413104 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says.......
...Look in the mirror Michael and you will see where the judgments, condemnation and hate-filled attacks against the Catholic Church, come from.
MICHAEL says to HOJO.....
I am looking in the mirror and I see a good looking guy looking back at me, who tells the truth, whether you like the truth or not.
(lol)
It must be one of those circus amusement carnival mirrors that "distorts the truth"!!! Look again Michael and ask yourself "who is it that came on this Catholic Forum, initiating, instigating, provoking, judging and condemning the Catholic Church!!! Your5 definition of truth comes from "National Inquirer" kind of articles, that is inundated with anti-catholic distortion, mis-representation and manipulation of the truth. Every Catholic on this forum sees "the egg on your face" every time you make a comment. You are not fooling "anyone" but yourself, "digging up dirt" with anti-catholic "hack writers"!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413105 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
People who drink in front of children have no clue of the risk they are taking. Look at teenage drinking in this country. I know there are different circumstances for teens to start drinking but alot is from seeing it in their own families.
truly sad...
Rather, it's truly sad that someone who was unable to control themselves thinks that no one else has self control. Three of my five children are adults who are social drinkers, not one of them is an alcoholic, drinks in excess or has ever been involved in any kind of drinking related problems. I raised them to, as with everything, enjoy it in moderation.

Why would you condemn something that Jesus clearly approved of?
Michael

Canada

#413106 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael is? Why on Earth would an Atheist try and save the RCC?
Get real.
He hates them just like you and everybody else....Their teachings conflict with your lifestyles, you wanna make em go away.
Non believers are trying to make you a stronger person. A better person who makes decisions himself. One who doesn't just follow the crowd.

I point out the bad in your church leaders and you just get defensive and upset.

If you REALLY wanted this festering abuse worldwide scandal to go away quickly all you have to do is band together with all other catholics and have YOUR VOICES HEARD..........instead you would rather defend them and call others names and remain SILENT to the ones who created this mess in the first place.

I am SURE!! if man woman or child in your neighborhood was beat up, abused, or hurt you would be on the phone dialing 9-1-1 immediately. When it was your bad church leaders, no calls were made by anyone........except the ones who were hurt themselves.

Catholics are just as much to blame for what has been going on for centuries, afraid to respond because you can't seperate God from your church and its leaders.......so SILENCE is all you know.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413107 Jan 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never approved of drink alcoholic beverages of any kind.
That is a lie, go read the Bible you claim your church gave the world, you might learn something of what Jesus really did say or is that what you are afraid of?? You are afraid to find out your church is really what is written in Rev 17:5.
Yes, Jesus approved of and supplied "booze" to people. You're afraid to admit it because you care more about what your home bible club thinks than what Jesus thinks.
Michael

Canada

#413108 Jan 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be one of those circus amusement carnival mirrors that "distorts the truth"!!! Look again Michael and ask yourself "who is it that came on this Catholic Forum, initiating, instigating, provoking, judging and condemning the Catholic Church!!! Your5 definition of truth comes from "National Inquirer" kind of articles, that is inundated with anti-catholic distortion, mis-representation and manipulation of the truth. Every Catholic on this forum sees "the egg on your face" every time you make a comment. You are not fooling "anyone" but yourself, "digging up dirt" with anti-catholic "hack writers"!!
I will ask you again. What lies and distortions are you claiming?.........SILENCE..... ...again.. BUSTED!

Yes I judge the catholic church, just like you judge most everything in life.

Do you judge the performance of your mayor, your congressman, the president, your gas station attendant, your grocery store clerks your boss at work. and on and on........right? Have you ever found fault with anything in their works?

You are just embarassed that many buffoons in your church have got away with very bad deeds that anyone in the laymans world would have been punished for..........and you are fearful to respond to them personally because you can't seperate God from your church leaders so you just look the other way instead of standing tall and saying SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT AND WE NEED TO FIX IT!!

......but you won't! that is what is sad.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#413109 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
He came to this Earth to establish a Church that would completely mess up His teachings. But He somehow persuaded them to compile a Bible that would secretly be his real ministry...unfortunately, everyone still had no clue to what He wanted...so Our Lord waited patiently til the year 1450 AD until the Bible could be printed and read by the laity. But these folks were still to Catholic...So He waited for another couple hundred yrs until finally...someone could figure out John 3:3. After these 'born agains' emerged and changed all earlier teachings, Christ finally had the truth revealed.
To answer your second question: He lived, died and ascended for the 3% of this world who call themselves born agains.. the rest of us are doomed. Including the Hmong in the mountains of Laos who never even heard of Jesus Christ.,
I answered your question now you answer mine.
Who do you think Christ was talking about when He said "Many false prophets will appear and deceive many people".
~~~

THE SCRIPTURE THAT I POSTED ...WHICH WAS GIVEN BY ISAIAH THE MESSIANIC PROPHET SAYS NOTHING ABOUT A CHURCH...IN ROME

IT SPEAKS OF ZION ... which is Jerusalem...

IT READS...

Isa 61:3 --> To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, <--

to give unto them beauty for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning,
the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
that they might be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..
Michael

Canada

#413110 Jan 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your humor. I gave you a FUNNY JUDGIE!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413111 Jan 3, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, and usually, I dont admit to making posts that shouldnt have been made but my first post to him,
STUPID COME OUT OF MY MOUTH
You're a good man Preston.
Michael

Canada

#413112 Jan 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jesus approved of and supplied "booze" to people. You're afraid to admit it because you care more about what your home bible club thinks than what Jesus thinks.
ANTHONY says.......

...Yes, Jesus approved of and supplied "booze" to people.

MICHAEL says.....to Anthony....

....when was Jesus born? I don't know Michael.
...what did Jesus do for a living? I don't know Michael.
...what did Jesus look like? I don't know Michael.
...what was the date of Jesus death? I don't know Michael.

......but Michael I do know that he approved alcoholic beverages.

.....You are so funny Anthony, yet you never intended to be...I can't stop laughing!

You know all about the drinking habits of Jesus and the 12 apostles but other than that, you know nothing personally about this Jesus character.

UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE!!! and funny too!

You are funny Anthony and you didn't even mean to be.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Clay

Minneapolis, MN

#413113 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE SCRIPTURE THAT I POSTED ...WHICH WAS GIVEN BY ISAIAH THE MESSIANIC PROPHET SAYS NOTHING ABOUT A CHURCH...IN ROME
IT SPEAKS OF ZION ... which is Jerusalem...
IT READS...
Isa 61:3 --> To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, <--
to give unto them beauty for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning,
the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
that they might be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..
Congrats. You uncovered the secret hidden code of Isaiah 61:3. You succeeded in proving all previous Christian teachings wrong. You, Confrint, are the chosen one!
Michael

Canada

#413114 Jan 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I will ask you again HOJO! I will ask all catholics on this forum, what truth about the church have I distorted?

You just don't want to know the truth, because its embarassing.

Not to forget, its your own church leaders who created this mess, not Michael.

Go have a bottle of wine, Anthony says its God approved.
Michael

Canada

#413115 Jan 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What a great idea I have. Create a couple wines, contact a few distributors and sell millions of bottles.

Call one of them "Jesus approved wine"........and "actual wedding of Cana wine"....

Catholics would be buying cases of it, and its all approved by Jesus.........and Anthony.

WIN WIN!
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#413116 Jan 3, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Its not a sin to drink in moderation. What is a sin is getting drunk beating up your neighbor and getting a DUI. The apostles drank wine.
Not fermented wine I am not going to argue this with you .
I have been through it to many times.
Learn to read the Scriptures

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web