Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683862 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#413044 Jan 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus did not serve fomented wine in the upper Room..
FACT IS HE DID NOT CALL IT WINE
His words were
Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this -->fruit of the vine,<<---
until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
The blood of grapes was symbolic of the Blood of Jesus.
NOTE
WHAT JESUS SAID WAS RECORDED IN THREE OF THE FOUR GOSPELS
Mat_26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this -->fruit of the vine,<-- until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
Mar_14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the
--> fruit of the vine,<--- until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
Luk_22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of -->the fruit of the vine,<-- until the kingdom of God shall come.
==>JESUS REFERRED TO HIMSELF AS THE VINE IN
Joh_15:4 ==> Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
AND HE MADE IT MORE SPECIFIC IN..SAID HE IS THE VINE..
Joh_15:5 ==>I am the vine, ye are the branches:<== He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:
for without me ye can do nothing.
confrint

I can see your point....

However, I always considered Psalm 104

15 " And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart."

as to being wine that is fermented.

The fruit of the "vine" in the cases you present is the grapevine.
And there is no reason to think that Jesus did not partake of fermented wine, as it was common in his time. From what I know, it was rather concentrated, and was diluted with water.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#413045 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as drinking goes, yes, he is. He's not a puppet. If he doesn't cooperate with the help God provides for him, he's sunk.
Isn't an alcoholic in their situation because they were trying to do something themselves...like cooperate... instead of allowing God to do it all?

Grace Regina...you don't get it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#413046 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as drinking goes, yes, he is. He's not a puppet. If he doesn't cooperate with the help God provides for him, he's sunk.
God doesn't grow back the leg of an amputee. He does, however, provide a prothesis and physical therapists to teach the person to walk again. If they refuse the help, they're wheel-chair bound for life.
Now maybe he drank to self-medicate and has overcome his emotional/mental problems to the degree that he no longer desires to drink. But what if a tragedy occurs in his life and he falls into despair again? Or maybe God performed a miracle and removed the alcoholism from his body. Do you really want to be responsible for his finding out? Stop enabling him. You're thwarting God's work.
Spewing more helplessness again? What if....what if...
Truth is, he is sober, and has help from above, no matter what happens. The help he received is sufficient to keep him through difficulty.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#413047 Jan 3, 2013
1... It is not the individual sin of child-rape by individual Priests worldwide.

The RCC's own John Jay Report shows the rate of child abuse to be no worse than that of Protestant clergy.

2... It IS the decades-long, institutional COVER-UP by one of the most tightly controlled organizations in the world.

This is what people like Clay, Hojo, Ant, Regina, etc. always forget when they dreamily proclaim "just the sins of a few bad apples."

Again, a few sins, on five continents, over many decades-- systematically covered-up in a deceitful by one powerful institution.

Again, NOT the sins of some individuals, but a MAJOR, MAJOR SIN by this institution.

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!
Michael

Canada

#413048 Jan 3, 2013
Priests fed up with battles with the vatican, around the world are forming Priest Associations or Unions. Priests who disagree with church policies on contraceptives, married clergy divorced catholics, and the structure of the church itself.

A priest association in the USA started about 18 months ago with 27 disgruntled AMERICAN catholic priests and now boasts more than 1,000 PRIEST members and growing quickly. The american priest association is called the AUSCP.

.....In this atmosphere of crisis, rebellious reform priest groups are multiplying. Father Hoban’s association (UNION) began two years ago and already represents 1,000 of Ireland’s 4,500 priests.

Why so much discord by ROMAN CATHOLIC CLERGY? Why has this happened so QUICKLY?

What does the future hold for the church when EVERYDAY more priests are joining (ASSOCIATIONS) wanting change in their church.

.....In Austria, a group called Preachers’ Initiative,(ASSOCIATION) which says it represents 10 per cent of the country’s Catholic priests, has issued a “Call to Disobedience” manifesto that demands the ordination of women and an end to priestly celibacy. Groups in Germany and the United States are making similar noises.

Michael

Canada

#413049 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't an alcoholic in their situation because they were trying to do something themselves...like cooperate... instead of allowing God to do it all?
Grace Regina...you don't get it.
What you are saying is that someone not religious or does not believe in God and they are an alcoholic that they will never be helped, or they will never kick the habit?

There are millions of alcoholics who don't believe in God and they are just as sober today as you are..........you are aren't you?

What a CROC!
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#413050 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....as an old retireing catholic priest says. The church is deeply divided and its all our fault.
http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/article/1...
...the worldwide church is in crisis mode...
you will NEVER hear the vatican claim its all their fault. Its never their fault........for anything, and they will tell you that....... UNBELIEVABLE!
"It was all very different when Ryan became a priest in the early 1960s. The pews were packed. The Irish Catholic Church was arbiter of all things spiritual and most things temporal."

Today, the pews are nearly empty.

Amazing! Only recently was the government of Ireland forced to break diplomatic ties with the Vatican, due to Vatican deceit pure and simple.

The RCC is off the rails. The Pope's butler even tried to help.
Michael

Canada

#413051 Jan 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
1... It is not the individual sin of child-rape by individual Priests worldwide.
The RCC's own John Jay Report shows the rate of child abuse to be no worse than that of Protestant clergy.
2... It IS the decades-long, institutional COVER-UP by one of the most tightly controlled organizations in the world.
This is what people like Clay, Hojo, Ant, Regina, etc. always forget when they dreamily proclaim "just the sins of a few bad apples."
Again, a few sins, on five continents, over many decades-- systematically covered-up in a deceitful by one powerful institution.
Again, NOT the sins of some individuals, but a MAJOR, MAJOR SIN by this institution.
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!
BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!
What is worst of all, are the priests/bishops/cardinals and the pope who covered it all up, to protect the church and not the victims and their families.

They are the biggest sinners of all......and catholics are as ususal..........SILENT!

Clay

Garden City, MI

#413052 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....as an old retireing catholic priest says. The church is deeply divided and its all our fault.
http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/article/1...
...the worldwide church is in crisis mode...
you will NEVER hear the vatican claim its all their fault. Its never their fault........for anything, and they will tell you that....... UNBELIEVABLE!
Hey for once you posted something worthwhile!

I read it and enjoyed your article Michael.

Of course, you offered nothing surprising. But at least it wasn't a propaganda slander piece like we're used too.

The retired Priest is referring to cradle Catholicism. He has a point about the fruits of Vatican II as well.
I talked to a Priest last night who longed to bring back the Communion rail instead of the line.
I don't believe Vatican II necessarily led to cradle Catholicism as much as Protestant influence has.

The truth is, people are going to flock to the live band and free coffee services that the Evangelical mega churches offer. They don't like to kneel down for ten min anymore. And hey, the Evangelicals offer a no holds path to salvation! All you gotta do is believe in Jesus....
Michael

Canada

#413053 Jan 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
"It was all very different when Ryan became a priest in the early 1960s. The pews were packed. The Irish Catholic Church was arbiter of all things spiritual and most things temporal."
Today, the pews are nearly empty.
Amazing! Only recently was the government of Ireland forced to break diplomatic ties with the Vatican, due to Vatican deceit pure and simple.
The RCC is off the rails. The Pope's butler even tried to help.
The pope tried to make himself look like the HERO. He pardoned the Butler, but again! catholics miss the main point. The butlers stolen notes indicate CORRUPTION within the ranks of the vatican, but catholics are more interested in the pope being a hero in pardoning the butler than what the information was that the Butler had attained..........CORRUPTION!

BUSTED!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#413054 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are saying is that someone not religious or does not believe in God and they are an alcoholic that they will never be helped, or they will never kick the habit?
There are millions of alcoholics who don't believe in God and they are just as sober today as you are..........you are aren't you?
What a CROC!
Show me the post where I said any of this you tool

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying. Put the pipe down before you burn a hole in your chair.
Michael

Canada

#413055 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you offered nothing surprising. But at least it wasn't a propaganda slander piece like we're used too.
The retired Priest is referring to cradle Catholicism. He has a point about the fruits of Vatican II as well.
I talked to a Priest last night who longed to bring back the Communion rail instead of the line.
I don't believe Vatican II necessarily led to cradle Catholicism as much as Protestant influence has.
The truth is, people are going to flock to the live band and free coffee services that the Evangelical mega churches offer. They don't like to kneel down for ten min anymore. And hey, the Evangelicals offer a no holds path to salvation! All you gotta do is believe in Jesus....
I remember back in the late 60s many roman catholic churches including mine, brought in folk music bands that played during mass at the front. Guitars, bangles, bells, and drums. The idea was they thought they were going to bring the young people back. It backfired, and there was no free coffee. Medium with milk please!.......BUMMER!

If down the road your church brought in free coffee, you would be the first to say "WHAT A GREAT IDEA"

What is your opinion of the fast growing PRIEST ASSOCIATIONS now in operation in USA, AUSTRIA, GERMANY, IRELAND just to name a few?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#413056 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
Priests fed up with battles with the vatican, around the world are forming Priest Associations or Unions. Priests who disagree with church policies on contraceptives, married clergy divorced catholics, and the structure of the church itself.
A priest association in the USA started about 18 months ago with 27 disgruntled AMERICAN catholic priests and now boasts more than 1,000 PRIEST members and growing quickly. The american priest association is called the AUSCP.
.....In this atmosphere of crisis, rebellious reform priest groups are multiplying. Father Hoban’s association (UNION) began two years ago and already represents 1,000 of Ireland’s 4,500 priests.
Why so much discord by ROMAN CATHOLIC CLERGY? Why has this happened so QUICKLY?
What does the future hold for the church when EVERYDAY more priests are joining (ASSOCIATIONS) wanting change in their church.
.....In Austria, a group called Preachers’ Initiative,(ASSOCIATION) which says it represents 10 per cent of the country’s Catholic priests, has issued a “Call to Disobedience” manifesto that demands the ordination of women and an end to priestly celibacy. Groups in Germany and the United States are making similar noises.
To answer your question: It matters nothing.

If ten thousand Priest form a union and split, it means nada. They are free to leave anytime. The Church will still be there tomorrow. They do not form their doctrine based on popular opinion or cultural influence.
You must have mistaken the CC for Protestantism.

In Ireland 200 yrs ago Priests were scarce. The Protestants rounded them all up and killed em. Yet, Mass was still celebrated. The Holy Spirit still found away to get the Irish the Holy Eucharist.

You're in a losing battle trying to take down the Catholic Church Mike.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#413057 Jan 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What is worst of all, are the priests/bishops/cardinals and the pope who covered it all up, to protect the church and not the victims and their families.
They are the biggest sinners of all......and catholics are as ususal..........SILENT!
Actually the CC is not silent at all. I know you wish they were, but they're not.
They took enormous steps to rid this evil.

You dig up old dirt to trash them with.

Did you get off your recliner today and help a neighbor?
Don't worry Miguel, we'll take care of that for you...you just sit tight and attempt to bring down the Church that has withstood millions of Michaels in their 2,000 yr history.
Michael

Canada

#413058 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
CRADLE CATHOLICISM has been a BUST!

By far the vast majority of catholics who fall away are ones born into the faith, not ones who search and find it themselves.

The most observant religious catholics are those that find the faith themselves. There are few of them, as most are indoctrinated from infancy.........BIG MISTAKE

So the BILLIONS in our world who don't believe in Jesus are doomed to eternal hell? Thats good news thankyou Clay!

No loving God would ever teach such a hateful dividing thing...

A CROC!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#413059 Jan 3, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus didn't change the O.T. laws, he observed them perfectly as a Jew, thus fulfilled them.
That is bullshit. jesus said that he came to fulfill the prophecy. How does one fulfill a law? One does not. One either abides by the law or breaks it. One can fulfill a prophecy, but you cannot fulfill a law.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Think about how stupid you sound. "Jesus didn't change the O.T. laws, he observed them perfectly as a Jew, thus fulfilled them." Your god made these laws, that he knew that no one but jesus could 'fulfill'? Does that make any sense?

You god made these horrible laws, but he only meant them for a very small group of people. Really? You buy that?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#413060 Jan 3, 2013
I didn't break any laws today! All laws are now fulfilled!

You are free to make new laws or have none at all!
Michael

Canada

#413061 Jan 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't grow back the leg of an amputee. He does, however, provide a prothesis and physical therapists to teach the person to walk again. If they refuse the help, they're wheel-chair bound for life.
Now maybe he drank to self-medicate and has overcome his emotional/mental problems to the degree that he no longer desires to drink. But what if a tragedy occurs in his life and he falls into despair again? Or maybe God performed a miracle and removed the alcoholism from his body. Do you really want to be responsible for his finding out? Stop enabling him. You're thwarting God's work.
REGINA M. you are well versed on whats going on in your church.

What is your opinion of the VERY FAST FORMING priest associations in several countries including the AUSCP in the USA?

Priests who want reform in the church. Who support the nuns in america, who want celebacy optional, who want fair and equal rights for divorced catholics and want the structure of the church changed and more democratic.

.....In less than 18 months in america over 1,000 roman catholic priests have joined including priests from one of the 3 dioceses in NJ..........so far!

There might be disgruntled roman catholics but when 80 year old nuns have been called radical feminists, and priests want an uprising within the church, how is this all going to play out?

IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD!

WHAT SAY YOU?
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#413062 Jan 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When you try to live your life by keeping man made rules you will never experience the grace of God.
Alcoholism is not a disease Regina....it's a choice one has made. If you call it a disease like the rest of the world, there is no accountability for the individual.
Disease...give me a break
For some people there is a biological pre-disposition. However, my use of the term for the purposes of this board takes into consideration all the reasons one might abuse alcohol. Abuse of any substance indicates an emotional problem, at the very least. Emotional problems can be classified as a disease.

I agree the term is overused and negates personal responsibility.
Michael

Canada

#413063 Jan 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the CC is not silent at all. I know you wish they were, but they're not.
You dig up old dirt to trash them with.
Did you get off your recliner today and help a neighbor?
Don't worry Miguel, we'll take care of that for you...you just sit tight and attempt to bring down the Church that has withstood millions of Michaels in their 2,000 yr history.
CLAY said......

...Actually the CC is not silent at all. I know you wish they were, but they're not.

MICHAEL says....CLAY...what did you do personally? Did you write to your bishop expressing your concern? Did you contact a family in your diocese of an abused child and told them how sorry you were that this happened?

NO YOU DIDN'T!!

BUSTED!

2 years ago I contacted the chancellor of the arch-diocese of Philidelphia expressing my disgust with the entire abuse scandal coverups. I posted that on here.

.....He wrote back and said not to worry everything was under control. 1 year later another 34 priests from the arch-diocese were charged with sexual abuse. 34!!

.......just read the top right hand column of this forum under ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NEWS.......more priests charged, more priests taken out of service.

When are catholics going to stand up! What is your fear? God would expect you to do whats right. SILENCE!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web