Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
397,581 - 397,600 of 533,269 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
Wow. Yeah, he said essentially the same thing you said, like it was singing to his ears. The BIG difference between you and the pope is that YOU came on here stirring up trouble by mocking him when you were wrong in what you were mocking him about.
You still won't admit it. You're one of the more stubborn bigots I've ever come across. But you have no problem with bigotry as long as its directed at the Catholic Church. Kay, you talk a good game, but your heart is far from God.
Bigot? You Catholics certainly are nasty. My Protestant parents, ministers and teachers told me that Jesus leads us to holiness speaking.
I DID write that I was mistaken on that verse...but of course you didn't see that one...
KayMarie
BTW, saying "you Catholics" is a classic bigoted statement.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were you miserable and lonely? Do you think that every Atheists is miserable and lonely? Maybe you think most of us are just too stupid to realize how miserable and lonely we are.
When I attended church, the feeling that if I forgot to ask for forgiveness for one sin, god would send me to hell to be tortured forever, was a pretty miserable feeling!
No, I don't think everyone who does not know Christ is miserable. But I do think you are lonely and empty and unfulfilled. That is the way Christ created us. We are created with a 'void' that only He can fill. Sounds as though you were in a church that did not understand the GOSPEL and the mercy and forgiveness of Christ. That is too bad. I can certainly understand why that would give you a bad taste for C hristianity. But what you must come to grips with is that that the 'feeling' you got(whether this is what the church taught or not) is not consistant with the scriptures. So it would be an unfortunate choice to reject Christ and Heaven because of a "feeling you got".
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
The bread and wine do not turn into the literal body and blood of Christ.
Catholics oftern say thier view is supported by Luke 22: 19,20, where Jesus told the disciples that the bread and wine are His body and blood.
BUT notice that Jesus was 'physically present' with them when He said this. OBVIOUSLY He intended His words to be taken figuratively.
Jesus often used figurative language. In fact, at the end of His upper-room discourse, He acknowledged this: "These things I have spoken to you in 'figurative language'(John 16:25. This is consistant with His intended meaning of the Lord's supper: "do this in rememberance of Me" Luke 22:19.
Jesus came to earth and took on human flesh. That human flesh is not omnipresent. When Jesus walked this earth as a man He was subject to the limits of physical flesh.
As theologian Millard Erickson notes, "To believe that Jesus was two places at once is something of a denial of the incarnation, whih limited His physical human nature to one location."
Not brave enough to address my posts directly? That's ok, I know you're struggling with it.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you don't allow your wife on here, you are a very controlling guy Preston. Maybe you don't want her to see how nasty you are with people on here.
lol, I showed her the post that I had made to mrs fraud, the post about mr fraud preaching to the KKK, she laughed.

what you call "nasty", we call TRUTH.

and unlike you, she would never agree with an idiot like Orville praying for God to kill anyone, since she is a Christian and you are not(and it shows)
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

who="Aviela" Hello Blacksheep. JW do not believe in the trinity. The word trinity is not in the Bible. The trinity belief came from the pagans. You cannot kill God. Jesus is the son of God. The Jews killed Jesus because they said he was a blasphemer calling himself son of God. None in Bible times ever thought he was God.
So JW's are Jews?
KM
The Bible draws attention to the fact that there are Christians who are Jews spiritualy and who make up "the Israel of God.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>And you will die as you have lived having never fulfilled the very purpose for which you were created. How tragic. But it is not too late BS. Why not just try HIM and see if He is true? Fall on your knees and look into His face of compassion and mercy. Invite Him into yor heart and see what changes He will bring.
"look into His face"?!?!?

I was brought up in the church.
I know, it wasn't the right church.
They didn't teach the true gospels.
I didn't really give myself to god, I need to try harder....
I've heard all the excuses. It is bs. Pure bs.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
The bread and wine do not turn into the literal body and blood of Christ.
Catholics oftern say thier view is supported by Luke 22: 19,20, where Jesus told the disciples that the bread and wine are His body and blood.
BUT notice that Jesus was 'physically present' with them when He said this. OBVIOUSLY He intended His words to be taken figuratively.
."
"And non-Catholic Christians, like yourself, believe is something very close to this in terms of our justification before God through Christ Jesus. For, as St. Paul says in Scripture, "In Christ, we are made into a 'new creation'." Now, clearly, this does not apply to our form our "physical properties", since we don't look any different; and the world does not see any obvious physical change in a person when he or she becomes a believer in Christ. However, according to the words of Scripture, we know that a metaphysical change HAS taken place that the former sinner has been re-created in the image and likeness of Jesus, and is now a new creation. Ergo, the metaphysical substance has changed. Truly, wholly, entirely, and substantially. And this is all we believe when it comes to the nature of the Lord's Supper (the Eucharist)."

http://www.catholic-legate.com/Apologetics/Th...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

who=" Anthony MN"
Bigot
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
You didn't just make a mistake about the verse, your hatred and disdain for the pope and the Catholic Church was the reason you posted the insult of the pope to begin with. And it was out of ignorance that you didn't know what the verse was.
And still even now, you obstinately refuse to acknowledge the motivation for your post. Yes Kay, you are an ignorant bigot. And it is not a Christian attribute. You talk the talk, but your behavior is shameful.

Self portrait, Anthony? You know NOTHING of what I am. But you announce your wicked imaginations against me with out shame BECAUSE you have to defend the CC. One would think that they are 'god' to you.

KayMarie
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
DINNER TIME!! home made chicken pot pie,can't wait,made it myself.
yummy!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I showed her the post that I had made to mrs fraud, the post about mr fraud preaching to the KKK, she laughed.
what you call "nasty", we call TRUTH.
and unlike you, she would never agree with an idiot like Orville praying for God to kill anyone, since she is a Christian and you are not(and it shows)
Oh grow up preston you know very well I didn't agree to no such thing.
Your just keep telling that lie about me . whatever floats your boat.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't think everyone who does not know Christ is miserable. But I do think you are lonely and empty and unfulfilled.
Well Sigmund, I have been feeling....
4GVN wrote:
That is the way Christ created us. We are created with a 'void' that only He can fill. Sounds as though you were in a church that did not understand the GOSPEL and the mercy and forgiveness of Christ.
Yep, there it is! The ol' "They didn't teach the true gospel", line. Only my sect teaches the true gospel!

BS.
4GVN wrote:
That is too bad. I can certainly understand why that would give you a bad taste for C hristianity.
Reading the bible did it for me. Have you ever read it?
4GVN wrote:
But what you must come to grips with is that that the 'feeling' you got(whether this is what the church taught or not) is not consistant with the scriptures. So it would be an unfortunate choice to reject Christ and Heaven because of a "feeling you got".
Here's the feeling that I got... I was sick to my stomach after I read:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

I was certain that the christian/jewish/muslim god was modern mythology, but after reading that, I could not imagine my parents would believe in such a god! Parents who taught me that slavery was wrong! Parent who taught me that murder was wrong! Parents who taught me to take responsibility for my actions was right! Then to read that!

Then I read about Lot and what he did to his daughters!!
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
"look into His face"?!?!?
I was brought up in the church.
I know, it wasn't the right church.
They didn't teach the true gospels.
I didn't really give myself to god, I need to try harder....
I've heard all the excuses. It is bs. Pure bs.
Do you mind me asking what teachings you didn't like? Was it the trinity, burning in hell forever? Give all your money to the pastor, folks speaking in tongues? Sounds like you are searching for truths but haven't found satisfying answers. I don't mind answering your questions if you let me:oD ...seriously give me a chance. Just don't call me the *B* word:o)
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Hi everyone!(Waves);oD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

who="preston" lets see some of the "proof" that you supposely have about President Obama being a communist. I am certain that it would have come for the National enquirer, which would be your speed.
and I am not rich, nor do I pretend to be. Bob seger would consider me UMC.lol

'nor do I pretend to be'? You've mentioned your income a number of times.

I don't read the National Enquirer. If you can't see what is going on, you are willingly blind.

KayMarie
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

~Can't we just all get along~

Rodney King

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

who=" Anthony MN"
More slander and unfounded accusation. Tell us Kay, who were these people that were trying to 'preach it'? What do you have to prove your statement here? Or is it just the nature of bigots to throw out unprovable trash talk?

Never heard of the Inquisitions?

KM
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

who=" Anthony MN"
More slander and unfounded accusation. Tell us Kay, who were these people that were trying to 'preach it'? What do you have to prove your statement here? Or is it just the nature of bigots to throw out unprovable trash talk?
Never heard of the Inquisitions?
KM
Hello, are you the one who asked why JW have only been around the last 100 years? I can answer that if you like.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Why must yo lie to try to defend your beliefs? I hope you make several trips to confess each day. Can't aggree on anything= LIE Support abortion, ga marriage,...= LIE. You HOHO are a very bad parrot. And you are a liar.
Wrong again, as usual 4GVN, which is "nothing" new to any of us Catholics on this forum...... Deception, lying, and distortion of the truth is a "monopolistic trait" " from which you and other bible only Protestants have become "experts" at, as you attempt to deceive others while you "foolishly" are deceiving yourselves!!
Defend it??? YES!!! Against people like you and other condemning,judgmental, anti-catholic bible only "bashing" Protestants whose "main purpose" is to provoke, instigate and incite arguments, hatred and anger on this forum against the personal faith and Salvation of other Catholics and against Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

who=" Anthony MN"
Bigot
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
You didn't just make a mistake about the verse, your hatred and disdain for the pope and the Catholic Church was the reason you posted the insult of the pope to begin with. And it was out of ignorance that you didn't know what the verse was.
And still even now, you obstinately refuse to acknowledge the motivation for your post. Yes Kay, you are an ignorant bigot. And it is not a Christian attribute. You talk the talk, but your behavior is shameful.
Self portrait, Anthony? You know NOTHING of what I am. But you announce your wicked imaginations against me with out shame BECAUSE you have to defend the CC. One would think that they are 'god' to you.
KayMarie
You're angry that one of "those CATHOLICS" called you out for your shameful behavior. If I was a protestant, you'd have admitted it a long time ago. That's fine Kay, I know what you are, and your response tells me you know it too.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Do you mind me asking what teachings you didn't like? Was it the trinity, burning in hell forever? Give all your money to the pastor, folks speaking in tongues? Sounds like you are searching for truths but haven't found satisfying answers. I don't mind answering your questions if you let me:oD ...seriously give me a chance. Just don't call me the *B* word:o)
Why do you follow a god like this:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Ecko 8,185
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 10 hr Tamules r TERRORISTS 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
•••
•••