Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
397,461 - 397,480 of 536,752 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus is not God. He too was created.
Did you skip over

John 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Jehovah created Jesus. He was his first creation. Col. 1:15-17, RS: "He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation...All things were created through and for him. He is before all thing."
"And the Word was made flesh"

Jesus and God are one.

Happy New Year Aviela. Sola Scripture has allowed for you to interpret the Bible how you see fit. No one can disagree with you, based on that technicality.
Please understand that the New Testament is a Catholic book...gathered, edited, compiled, labeled, explained and safeguarded for 1,500 yrs by the CC. The Church has always defined what this book means. If God used them to create it, then He uses them to protect it. Just like He did with the Jews.
No other interpretations or labels matter EXCEPT the one title it was given when the Bishops and Pope Damaseus of the Roman Catholic Church - thru the Holy Spirit- created the New Testament in the 4th century.
Remember, Jesus never instructed anyone to do it.
Start with that... then the concept of Sola Scripture comes crashing down really really fast.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You are judging me? How does god feel about that?
<quoted text>
I would never claim to be better or worse than a mythological character! Never!
But if your god did exist, he would know what I needed to believe in him. Since he did not make us all the same, he must know that I would question that which cannot be proven.
~~~

It is quite evident that you believe in God...

Why else would you spend so much time attempting to discredit that (

you claim) you does not exist?

Why are you shadow boxing?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you skip over
John 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
The Bible says -->God prepared a body for His living word, which is Christ our Lord...

Heb_10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not,--> but a body hast thou prepared me:

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
Happy New Years everyone.
May God Bless your New Year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!...TO ALL HERE IN THIS FORUM...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
Never in all of the bible did Jesus perform a miracle in which there was not positive evidence that a miracle had taken place. Why does the RCC teach that this is an exception?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck and feels like a duck and tastes like a duck, it is most assuredly a duck.
27 Therefore, whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man prove himself: and so let him eat of that bread and drink of the chalice. 29 For he that eats and drinks unworthily eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord. 30 Therefore are there many infirm and weak among you: and many sleep.

Positive evidence that unbelievers, those who did not discern the body and blood of Christ in the miracle of the Eucharist, suffered PHYSICALLY.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"And the Word was made flesh"
Jesus and God are one.
Happy New Year Aviela. Sola Scripture has allowed for you to interpret the Bible how you see fit. No one can disagree with you, based on that technicality.
Please understand that the New Testament is a Catholic book...gathered, edited, compiled, labeled, explained and safeguarded for 1,500 yrs by the CC. The Church has always defined what this book means. If God used them to create it, then He uses them to protect it. Just like He did with the Jews.
No other interpretations or labels matter EXCEPT the one title it was given when the Bishops and Pope Damaseus of the Roman Catholic Church - thru the Holy Spirit- created the New Testament in the 4th century.
Remember, Jesus never instructed anyone to do it.
Start with that... then the concept of Sola Scripture comes crashing down really really fast.
Your problem is always the same. One must ignore too much of what Jesus' taught in the Bible -- AFTER it was compiled and settled.

For the next 1600 years, the RCC added more and more, made it more and more convoluted and absurd -- but in all cases giving themselves more and more power.

So how has that power grap worked out?

The RCC drove away the Orthodox (the true keeper of the Bible).

The RCC became so corrupt and immoral that it inspired a rebellion which grew and evolved into what we know today as the REFORMATION.

The USA was founded on the principles of the Reformation.

Make all the absurd, anti-American claims you want, but Jesus was not against the Reformation. Jesus was not against America.

Jesus has abandoned the RCC.

PROOF -- no church divinely guided by Jesus would be a world-wide comedy club target -- because of the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.

Sure, the RCC's own John Jay report tells us that the rate of child abuse among clergy was about the same for Catholics and Protestants.

Those are the sins of men.

HOWEVER, the decades-long, worldwide, institutional COVER-UP is another story.

Above all, no church of Jesus would ever use "diplomatic immunity" in order to avoid accountability in thousands of child rape cases.

Jesus does not guide that. Of this we can be 100% certain.

Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

--- Happy New Year with CHRIST JESUS...Peoples of GOD allways stay ready for JESUS CHRIST... HE is coming soon...Thankyou, GOD Bless...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus did not come as a creater on earth he was a perfect man with feelings emotions etc. He was equal to Adam on earth as far as him being perfect. And yes Jesus helped Jehovah create the earth before he came down and sacfriced his human body. Its in the scriptures..
Can he ever return in his human body?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Correction....

So how has that power GRAB worked out?

The RCC became so corrupt and immoral that it inspired a rebellion which grew into what we know today as the REFORMATION.

Make all the absurd, anti-American claims you want, but Jesus was not against the Reformation.

Jesus was not against America.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Hello the scraficing of animals was a preview of the sacfrice he was going to give to mankind when Jesus came to sacfrice his life for us. After Jesus' death there were no more animal sacrifices. There is a meaning and explanation for everything that happened back in Bible times to benefit us today.
Really? You have no problem with a god who forces you to kill an animal, just so he can forgive you? A god who loves the smell of burning flesh?

You have no issue with that?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> If you allow me I will help answer any question you have. The Bible is the best book in the world so full of priceless jewels. It will turn your whole life around for the better if you let it. It will come with so many beautiful blessings indeed!! I love the Bible!;oD
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and exerts power*
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus is not God. He too was created.
You,'christians' cannot even agree on this one simple topic! LOL!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>If Jesus was created(and he wasnt), then when he died, he could not have been resurrected from the grave.
COMMON SENSE 101
You'll have to explain that one. Your god is powerful enough to create everything, but he cannot bring someone back to life?

What happened to Lazarus?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Almighty God+

Invisible God+

Alive God +
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I give you too much to think about or do you just ignore logic?
I was going over the midnight shows on TV NEW Year's eve,after I got home from work.It was interesting the venue of shows,and finally I saw a Mass by the Pope for the Veneration of the Mother of God,so I watched it till the end.

The Pope looked very frail,and I noticed more than anytime before his age,and how slow he was moving.But to look into his face and see a determined soul doing what he knew best to do,Saying Mass.My point is that,imagine for a minute how many masses that man says in a week,the everyday one,and those others that he has to visit other churches near the Vatican,and so on.Many Cardinals were also shown in that mass in the early morning hours,of course later there.

But I was fixed on the pope himself,not anyone else,and although he was no doubt tired,and moving slowly,he was fixed,as he read quite a bit in Latin,and even sang part of the Liturgy as well,frail,broken at times in his voice or cracking as it were.Fixed on the main and wondrous ceremony he was part of.And the reality was that he the pope surely was not the focal point,there was no evidence of that.As he prepared the elements for Communion or the sharing of the Eucharist,he was not complacent,and it looked like labor at times,but it was so part of the man,rich and centered.

My faith is much like that black sheep.I am older,64 to be exact,and I see things with less vigor than I had 20 years ago.I do not move as fast although I have to at work,move quickly sometimes.I am not slowed down as the Pope as he is in his 80s.But I have the same focus he has,not that I am comparing myself with that very unique individual,he is a man,and a focussed one of faith,and hope.

There was no look of routine in the face of the pope as he was saying mass.I saw a n elderly man of faith,who with no reservation continued to recite that which he had said from those books for many decades in his life since he must have been a priest most likely in his mid-twenties,and NOW he is in his 80s and saying mass,often in other languages not his own German.

You must be wondering where I am going with this? I am going the path that I myself have taken for decades,since I came to real faith at 17,and through valleys,mountain top,and extreme lows in my life.Yet always going back to the source of my own journey of faith.To doubt for me and to rely on my own understanding Blacksheep is shear waste.I could chalk everything I experienced to an abyss in my mind,but I c h o o s e not to do so,because I know SACRED when I see it.You see when you follow God with real seriousness,eventually the Sacredness and beauty of God and all that concerns HIM,becomes the main focus in one's life.I do not have time for fleeting materialism,and secularism which I have never given place in my mind anyway,WHY start now?

I am screwed onto the right bolt,and if by chance,slim slim chance I am not on the right bolt,I will have lived a good life,and surely my faith and living to be a blessing rather than a curse cannot possibly destroy my end and life after death.UNLESS what is beyond death is only the EVIL we see on this earth.I doubt that is the case.

We all have to be concerned about what we believe and hold on to.It could be detrimental to your life after death.There is no guaratee that life does not exist after death!
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Saint Clement, 4th Bishop of Rome 80 AD letter to the Corinthians
"Since these things are manifest to us, and we have looked into the depths of the divine knowledge, we ought to do in order all things which the Master has commanded us to perform at appointed times.(the Holy Mass) He commanded us to celebrate sacrifices and services, and that it should not be thoughtlessly or disorderly, but at fixed times and hrs. He has Himself fixed - by His supreme will, the places and persons whom He desires for these celebrations,(this would be the ordained Bishops or Priests) in order that all things may be done piously according to His good pleasure, and be acceptable to His will.
For the high Priest his proper ministrations allotted, and to the Priest the proper place has been appointed, and on Levites, their proper services have been imposed. The layman is bound by the ordinances for the laity.
The last sentence is interesting. Clement is saying there are ordinances for the laity. In other words, we can't take off and do our own Mass and call it legit.
Shame on you. You are nothing but an RCC parrot.

Clement would be appalled at the RCC, and angry at how you take his words out of context to justify the RCC power grab.

Clement argues for the equality of sexes, on the grounds that salvation is extended to all of mankind equally. Unusually, he suggests that Christ is neither male or female, and that God the Father has both male and female aspects.

He describes the Eucharist is as milk from the breast of the Father.

He is supportive of women playing an active role in the leadership of the church, and provides a list of women he considers inspirational, which includes both Biblical and Classical Greek.

Clement argues for a simple way of life in accordance with the innate simplicity of Christian monotheism.

He condemns elaborate and expensive furnishings and clothing. He would hate the Vatican today.

I could go on, but you once again tell us that you don't do your own research. You are just a parrot. You should really read for yourself everything the Patristics wrote, not just what the RCC whats you to see.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
Correction....
So how has that power GRAB worked out?
The RCC became so corrupt and immoral that it inspired a rebellion which grew into what we know today as the REFORMATION.
Make all the absurd, anti-American claims you want, but Jesus was not against the Reformation.
Jesus was not against America.
Lol. You don't need to post a correction, Free !

No one even reads your post the first time around... let alone when you correct it!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is quite evident that you believe in God...
Why else would you spend so much time attempting to discredit that (
you claim) you does not exist?
Why are you shadow boxing?
Maybe you don't understand what I am doing. Most 'believers' don't read the bible. Oh, they read a few verses here and there; just the ones that support their denomination, the rest is ignored.

As you can tell by this forum, it is difficult to find two christians who think alike. The reason for that is, no one really reads the bible!

For at least 3000+ years, the layman was not allowed to read the bible or sacred scrolls. Do you know why?

Because if they could, someone like me would read it and say:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

That is wrong! No god would allow slavery, let alone murdering the slave, after the slave suffers for at least 24 hours, because the slave is just property.

No, I do not believe in any god or gods. I believe that if everyone read their bibles and studied the history of their religion, that religion would die out.

Can you read a Greek Myth story without laughing at the people who believe in it?

Take the story of Icarus, can you read that and not laugh at a person who believed that Icarus took some wax and feathers, made some wings and
flew? That everything would have been alright had he not flown too close to the sun?

Yes, you laugh at the poor dumb person who believed that, but you have no problem believing that god made the sun stand still in the sky. That jesus turned water into wine. No problem with those stories, but a man flying too close to the sun!! LOL! What poor dumb bastard would believe in something that stupid?!?!
Rock On

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Not directed at me, but just my 2 cents.
"There are some things in them (Epistles of St. Paul) hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other
Scriptures.
2 Peter 3:16'
The Church that Jesus started, is in a three year cycle of Scripture reading... This is why we know the Bible, every bit of it.
I have noticed that some protestant, have never heard of 'certain' verses that are in Scripture.
[like confrint, never heard the vers on Apostolic succession]
So no LTM the Church does not hide Scripture from us.
Early Christian heard the WORD at mass and we still do today.
A verse some have not seen in Scripture…..
regarding self interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20-21
Those scriptures are jsut telling us that the scriptures put forth by the apostles where not os private interpretation nor of th eprophets of old but by the God through the Holy Ghost.

2 Peter 1

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.

16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••