Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,295
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#412586 Jan 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is quite evident that you believe in God...
Why else would you spend so much time attempting to discredit that (
you claim) you does not exist?
Why are you shadow boxing?
Maybe you don't understand what I am doing. Most 'believers' don't read the bible. Oh, they read a few verses here and there; just the ones that support their denomination, the rest is ignored.

As you can tell by this forum, it is difficult to find two christians who think alike. The reason for that is, no one really reads the bible!

For at least 3000+ years, the layman was not allowed to read the bible or sacred scrolls. Do you know why?

Because if they could, someone like me would read it and say:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

That is wrong! No god would allow slavery, let alone murdering the slave, after the slave suffers for at least 24 hours, because the slave is just property.

No, I do not believe in any god or gods. I believe that if everyone read their bibles and studied the history of their religion, that religion would die out.

Can you read a Greek Myth story without laughing at the people who believe in it?

Take the story of Icarus, can you read that and not laugh at a person who believed that Icarus took some wax and feathers, made some wings and
flew? That everything would have been alright had he not flown too close to the sun?

Yes, you laugh at the poor dumb person who believed that, but you have no problem believing that god made the sun stand still in the sky. That jesus turned water into wine. No problem with those stories, but a man flying too close to the sun!! LOL! What poor dumb bastard would believe in something that stupid?!?!
Rock On

Poplar Bluff, MO

#412587 Jan 1, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Not directed at me, but just my 2 cents.
"There are some things in them (Epistles of St. Paul) hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other
Scriptures.
2 Peter 3:16'
The Church that Jesus started, is in a three year cycle of Scripture reading... This is why we know the Bible, every bit of it.
I have noticed that some protestant, have never heard of 'certain' verses that are in Scripture.
[like confrint, never heard the vers on Apostolic succession]
So no LTM the Church does not hide Scripture from us.
Early Christian heard the WORD at mass and we still do today.
A verse some have not seen in Scripture…..
regarding self interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20-21
Those scriptures are jsut telling us that the scriptures put forth by the apostles where not os private interpretation nor of th eprophets of old but by the God through the Holy Ghost.

2 Peter 1

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.

16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412588 Jan 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
Saint Clement of the Eucharist:
Teaching of the twelve Apostles (the Didache) 9:2,
90 AD
"regarding the Eucharist....let no one eat and drink of your Eucharist but those Baptized in the name of the Lord; to this, too, the saying of the Lord is applicable: do not give to dogs what is sacred.
On the Lords own day, assembled in common to break bread and offer thanks; but first confess your sins, so that your sacrifice may be pure. However, no one quarreling with his brother may join your meeting until they are reconciled; your sacrifice must not be defiled. For here we have the saying of the Lord:'in every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice; for I am a mighty King, says the Lord; and my name spreads terror among the nations"
www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/a/eucharist-q.h...
Again, you cherry pick.

On the other hand.... from one of your own links...

"... in light of the texts Mark 2:28 and Luke 6:5 it is seen that Jesus himself (as the Son of Man) claimed to be the Lord of the Sabbath, and that day fell on the seventh day. Some early Christians observed Sabbath on Saturday, while others gathered for worship on Sunday. However, in AD 363 a seventh-day Sabbath was prohibited by Canon 29 of the Council of Laodicea."

It evolved and once an official Roman denomination, they had to distance themselves from the Jews, who were always a problem.

The Jews never sucked up to the Roman Emperors like the Romanists.

This was all a power grab. Early Christianity was gradually corrupted -- in order to please civil powers -- from Constantine through Mussolini.

Now you have a "religion" with a bank and diplomatic immunity.

Every single early church writer that you quote would be shocked and saddened.

True!!!
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412589 Jan 1, 2013
Any question that Jesus long ago abandoned the RCC?

The Americas....

RCC-dominated societies are poorer, dumber, and more violent.

Any other questions?

Need more evidence?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412590 Jan 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You don't need to post a correction, Free !
No one even reads your post the first time around... let alone when you correct it!
That you for reading my posts.

I understand why you can't offer a retort.

The Americas....

RCC-dominated societies are poorer, dumber, and more violent.

DUH!!!!! Any other questions on the absurd "one true" thing?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#412591 Jan 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so you agree Jesus is the Lamb of God. Sacrificed at Calvary.
Was it ok for the Jews at passover to make a symbol of a Lamb? Was it ok for them to substitute a chicken for those who didn't like Lamb? Was it sufficient to put another animals blood or paint outside instead of Lamb?
If Christ is the Lamb of God, then its easy to see the importance of partaking in this meal. To eat it?
But how on Earth are we supposed to eat Jesus?
Well, the Apostles were clear on how this can be done.
Paul: "for I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night he was betrayed took bread, given thanks, broke it and said "this is my body which is for you. Do THIS in remembrance of me".. in a similar way, he took the chalice, after supper saying "this chalice is the new covenant in my blood, do THIS as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me"
For as often as you eat this bread drink this chalice, you proclaim the Lords death until he comes.
Listen carefully at what Paul says next, Pad.
'whoever, therefore, eats the bread and drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner, will be guilty of profaning THE BODY AND BLOOD OF OUR LORD.'
Pad, it sure sounds like the Apostle Paul thinks the bread and wine are actually Jesus Christ.
The Apostle Paul did not expound onCommunion,look at those Scriptures again,and he did not support the RC teaching of the transubstantiation,Paul spoke what Jesus said,and encouraged us to do so in REMEMBRACE,and not to make shallow that which was sacred.

Christians all through history have followed his teaching on this.I have seen some of the most profound Communion services especially in England years ago,and by evangelicals.Never was I moved by a communion service than when I visited:World Evangelization Crusade(WEC) in Bullstrode,London.The music,the words said,the sacredness was so precious and real.I had no problem reflecting on the Death of our Lord in that service,there was weeping and a real move by the Spirit,repentance was everywhere in that room of over 300 missionaries and visitors.

It is Christ who is our focus Clay,I am not arguing with you that you believe in the Real Presence.But I know that God's presence is active in all Christian affiliations and when they humble themselves to the SACRED,and focus on Jesus and His suffering,the Spirit moves and repentance is there,sometimes weeping and brokenness in the Body,that only Christ can inspire as the Real Presence with the Body.

The Lamb of God of course can not be anything but a Lamb,nevertheless no one but JESUS could have laid down His life for all of humanity.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412592 Jan 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am screwed onto the right bolt,and if by chance,slim slim chance I am not on the right bolt,I will have lived a good life,and surely my faith and living to be a blessing rather than a curse cannot possibly destroy my end and life after death.UNLESS what is beyond death is only the EVIL we see on this earth.I doubt that is the case.
We all have to be concerned about what we believe and hold on to.It could be detrimental to your life after death.There is no guaratee that life does not exist after death!
If you were not a gray boxer, I might have been able to find the trail of our conversation.

Many people believe that even if you live a good life, if you didn't believe just right, you are just as damned to hell and anyone else.

I have been living a good life, helping where I can, not breaking any laws and such, does that mean that your god would accept me, too? Most would say, "Nope!"

What kind of god would require belief/faith? That is silly. Faith is believe contrary to evidence; why would a god require that? That is a bronze age, or older, pile of crap and you are still buying into it.

Sacrificing is also a bronze age or older pile of crap. I am not talking about the police man who dies trying to save a victim or anything like that! I am talking about the killing of your best lamb so that a god will forgive you for not following his laws. That is stupid. Yet your god required that.
truth

Perth, Australia

#412593 Jan 1, 2013
He is alive.
Dear Jesus where is your address.

Many sick people please asked as well pray.

Please dear Jesus go inside take your big stick..yes
who ever need clean every blocked trough blade stream
o don't worry dear Jesus if you strike hard..Are you remember..when you strike with your stick.. clean water come beautiful as spring nice as well clean.
truth

Perth, Australia

#412594 Jan 1, 2013
Pad

Rockford, IL

#412595 Jan 1, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Can he ever return in his human body?
Who can fault you for dissecting that which you do not understand Blacksheep. You want to say that Jesus did not or was not a Sacrifice for sin. How could He be a sacrifice if He rose from the dead?What happens to the slaughtered animals after they are sacrificed on the altar?They were eaten,you know that.

Jesus of course was not eaten,and His crucifixion basically was the same as thousands of Jews and other nationalities who were executed in the same fashion by the ROMANS. Did you know the Japanese also used crucifixion,and the Chinese in their history as well?

Why do we say Jesus was sacrificed? BECAUSE God the Father deemed it so,as His only begotten Son was sent to endure the Cross and die for the sins of all humanity,and the garden of Gethsemane is where HE(JESUS) labored in His mind and Will for the sins of all human kind,He sweat drops of Blood in agony for your sins and mine. It is the Garden of Gethsemane that really shows the PRICE JESUS was going to pay to redeem all humanity.

Jesus was a sacrifice because HE willingly laid down His life,and the truth of the matter here is that HE knew it was not going to be a p a i n l e s s event,and every fiber of His being would be maxed out in extreme suffering and anguish.Any teaching you might hear that Jesus did not suffer any pain is bogus beyond words. Every nerve and muscle of His body was taxed to the umph degree,as He was en route to Golgotha.Many people never survived the Scourging,let alone the journey carrying His own cross on those shoulders torn by whips and the cruel devices used to scourge Him.

The Crown of thorns was a thicket pressed on His Head,piercing into his skull and no doubt even reaching the brain.His beard was plucked,perhaps the least of what happened to Him,but a painful experience to say the least.

Sacrifice? YES,not that His rising would void out what He experienced,but the Scripture tells us that the FATHER raised Him from the dead,He did not raise Himself. Jesus laid down His life,and He could have asked the FATHER to destroy the world and set Him free from the anguish of the Cross and all that transpired around that event. Yes Jesus did ask the Father to remove that CUP from HIM,but nevertheless"Not My Will,but THINE be done." It was a sacrifice before the Living God,a mystery that human beings sinful and wretched we are could ever understand.

ANY type of anguish and suffering to redeem a violent society is a sacrifice!JESUS was the Anointed ONE chosen by His Father to be that Sacrifice,whether you understand it to be so or not BlackSheep.Your part in this? Believe and Receive it,it is FREE,and He will not cast you out if you go to Him.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#412596 Jan 1, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were not a gray boxer, I might have been able to find the trail of our conversation.
Many people believe that even if you live a good life, if you didn't believe just right, you are just as damned to hell and anyone else.
I have been living a good life, helping where I can, not breaking any laws and such, does that mean that your god would accept me, too? Most would say, "Nope!"
What kind of god would require belief/faith? That is silly. Faith is believe contrary to evidence; why would a god require that? That is a bronze age, or older, pile of crap and you are still buying into it.
Sacrificing is also a bronze age or older pile of crap. I am not talking about the police man who dies trying to save a victim or anything like that! I am talking about the killing of your best lamb so that a god will forgive you for not following his laws. That is stupid. Yet your god required that.
WHO has not raised the same questions you have for me here Blacksheep. I like black sheep,they are as precious as the white ones,by the way.

I am not thankfully god.I capitalize GOD because He is the Creator blest,and deserves every ounce of respect I can give to Him.

There is no expiration date on your foot that I can see.Who knows your end,and a minute from now you could have the new mind which only God can give to you.It is your opportunity to open up the deep recesses of your mind to HIM who created you.The whole story of Jesus is not to condemn you,but to rescue you from the despair of this life,which is the case when human beings rely only on what they physically respond to on this planet.

Our spiritual eyes need to be opened by Him who created us,with the whole of our who anatomy which has the physical and spiritual senses as well.If I condemn you to a n eternity in hell,that for one places me as your Judge,and only God is Judge.

Jesus spoke with Authority,and if you reading His words gather that He is giving you an opportunity to choose Him or death,than He is the ONE you need to confront with the question of your own end.I had no part in writing the Scriptures,and believe me,no human being could come up with the very unique way God challenges human beings to receive Him,and His dear Son,verses the grave and what is for them who reject Christ.

I cannot and will not tell you that you are going to hell,but I can tell you that the road you are on has, various turns, that you might want to consider what dirrection they are leading you to.It is so important to JESUS that you consider your travel down these roads,that He died on a cruel cross for you,that should tell you something.You claim it is all garbage and trash what we believe,but I would w a r n you that life itself does not promise us any comfort beyond the grave,and that even to your own end there is no assurance that you will not suffer horribly no matter what prosperity you might have now,or not have for that matter.Nothing is guaranteed,but we all die.Jesus said simply "Men die,and than the Judgment" Well,He is stating a fact! Whether you want to believe it or not,or find comfort in atheistic rhetoric,that is your decision.I love Him,He is so direct and to the point,He tells it as it is."YOU LIVE<YOU DIE,and than the Judgment"

You have nor more a guarantee than Jesus is not true to His word than I have to try and convince you of it.It is strictly your choice.But it is like Jesus said"Many will come to the Feast table but will not partake of it"It is parapharsed,but so true,we see what He offers,but we because of our own will decide it is not for us!
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412597 Jan 1, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You,'christians' cannot even agree on this one simple topic! LOL!
The 'Christians' can.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412598 Jan 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
27 Therefore, whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man prove himself: and so let him eat of that bread and drink of the chalice. 29 For he that eats and drinks unworthily eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord. 30 Therefore are there many infirm and weak among you: and many sleep.
Positive evidence that unbelievers, those who did not discern the body and blood of Christ in the miracle of the Eucharist, suffered PHYSICALLY.
Notice it says 'eat this BREAD and drink the chalice'. If it looks like a duck......
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412599 Jan 1, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The 'Christians' can.
Are Catholics 'Christian?"
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#412600 Jan 1, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Notice it says 'eat this BREAD and drink the chalice'. If it looks like a duck......
Yes, the bread is Jesus. Your quacking is the same as the unbelieving Jews and disciples.

47 Amen, amen, I say unto you: He that believes in me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate manna in the desert, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven: that if any man eat of it, he may not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world."

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying: "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

53 Then Jesus said to them: "Amen, amen, I say unto you: unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. 54 He that eats my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will raise him up in the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father has sent me and I live by the Father: so he that eats me, the same also shall live by me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Not as your fathers ate manna and are dead. He that eats this bread shall live for ever."
Pad

Rockford, IL

#412601 Jan 1, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
God required it to lay down a PATH of righteousness for the many who would die before H I S Son would be crucified for our sins. We all wonder why animals have to die at the hands of human beings and their somewhat barbaric ways they do things.If left to his own devices MAN,would sacrifice human beings to some hideous idol to appease it for mistakes and blunders and so on.DID you forget BlackSheep that many cultures were doing such for centuries before even the Jews came on the scene,and God moved Abraham to do otherwise?

History tells us explicitly that gods were formed into images,and the people sacrificed their children,and other adults to them.God of the Hebrews instead had His people to sacrifice to Him for their sins animals.That may sound stupid,but it was God's way to impress on human beings that their instinct to sacrifice for their sins was innate and had to be addressed by God in some way.

Human beings have always been troubled by bad behavior,and called that behavior sin.JUST today watching the New Year's Day parade,a Buddhist float went down that avenue in CA,ringing bells to eradicate " S I N".And the Buddhists do not even believe in a Supreme Being.Why is it so ingrained in us all about sin.That is where your questions should be risen.

What is the SIN that so besets and causes such consternation in the human psyche?

Sin is the human malady which requires action,that results in trouble,anguish,suffering and ultimately death.Sin is a system of sorts that rules in the hearts of all humans,and many human beings are sincerly disraught over the results of sin and what it does in an individual life,affecting families and so on.

In Christ GOD has the only remedy for sin,not an animal as He required in the past before Christ,but His Son.You do know that the JEWS in ISrael and elsewhere do not sacrifice animals,interestingly,all ceased of sacrifices since the time of Christ,has a lot to do with the rending of the Temple walls and to the very altar that happened from the earthquake when Jesus breathed His last breath.

I have to run BlackSheep.Hope you enjoy this day,with family or whoever you enjoy being with.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412602 Jan 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Who can fault you for dissecting that which you do not understand Blacksheep. You want to say that Jesus did not or was not a Sacrifice for sin. How could He be a sacrifice if He rose from the dead?What happens to the slaughtered animals after they are sacrificed on the altar?They were eaten,you know that.
Not always.
http://www.realtime.net/~wdoud/topics/levitsa...

The name for the burnt offering comes from the Hebrew word holah, "ascending", because, as the animal was wholly consumed in the fire (with the exception of the skin), the smoke would rise toward heaven.

Genesis 8:20 And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Can you really imagine this? First, Noah and his family could not have eaten all these animals.

Second, really? God, "smelled a sweet savour"? and "and the Lord said in his heart", OK, is god a spirit or does he have a heart and the sense of smell?

Can you imagine a god that would want you to murder an innocent animal for no good reason?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#412603 Jan 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Apostle Paul did not expound onCommunion,look at those Scriptures again,and he did not support the RC teaching of the transubstantiation,Paul spoke what Jesus said,and encouraged us to do so in REMEMBRACE,and not to make shallow that which was sacred.
Christians all through history have followed his teaching on this.I have seen some of the most profound Communion services especially in England years ago,and by evangelicals.Never was I moved by a communion service than when I visited:World Evangelization Crusade(WEC) in Bullstrode,London.The music,the words said,the sacredness was so precious and real.I had no problem reflecting on the Death of our Lord in that service,there was weeping and a real move by the Spirit,repentance was everywhere in that room of over 300 missionaries and visitors.
It is Christ who is our focus Clay,I am not arguing with you that you believe in the Real Presence.But I know that God's presence is active in all Christian affiliations and when they humble themselves to the SACRED,and focus on Jesus and His suffering,the Spirit moves and repentance is there,sometimes weeping and brokenness in the Body,that only Christ can inspire as the Real Presence with the Body.
The Lamb of God of course can not be anything but a Lamb,nevertheless no one but JESUS could have laid down His life for all of humanity.
No Catholic would EVER deny that Christ is not present in all of ya.
Remember Pad, its we Catholics who are on the defensive about our faith. People we call our fellow Christians, hate us. They spread propaganda and slander about us.
That is the only reason we are on here.
Your relationship with Jesus Christ is not threatened by Catholicism Pad. God is pure love. He loves the Atheist as equal as the born again. If He didnt, then He wouldn't be God.

However, since theological teachings are put out on the table here...and lots of accusations are flying around, Catholics will stand up and proclaim the truth.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412604 Jan 1, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The 'Christians' can.
Yes and every 'christian' believes that they are truly christian and the others are headed down the wrong path. Sitting on the outside looking in, you are a riot!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#412605 Jan 1, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Apostle Paul did not expound onCommunion,look at those Scriptures again,and he did not support the RC teaching of the transubstantiation,Paul spoke what Jesus said,and encouraged us to do so in REMEMBRACE,and not to make shallow that which was sacred.
Not only did the Apostle Paul believe in the Eucharist....but so did all the first Christians they Baptized.
None of the Apostles ran around handing out letters without explaining there contents.
That's why its really important to look at the first writings of the Apostolic fathers to get a clear sense of what was being taught.
You can't look at the writings 1,800 yrs later and decide for yourself!

Hardly any Protestant would dare venture into the writings of the first generation Christians. This is because Catholicism is completely spelled out in detail. Our teachings are laid out on the table. The title 'Catholic' is even laid out.

Those that do read these first hand accounts of the Apostles teachings usually become Catholic, if they are serious about their faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web