Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,872)

Showing posts 397,421 - 397,440 of529,642
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="LTM"
KM, I wanted to discuss this with you. I don't listen to any of these men. But the Pentecostal movement as I understand it is very mixed I don't know what to believe.
My father was pentecostal preacher, but I never followed it.
I find it greatly exaggerated by some , as the man said it was like I walked into a mad house.
First we must establish WHO introduced Pentecost. John Baptist declared that the Messiah would come.
Mar 1:6 And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;
Mar 1:7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
Mar 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
Jesus Himself commissioned the Apostle's to 'make converts'. But He told them to tarry (wait) until they received power...which happened on the day of Pentecost.
Then we must examine the evidence. Sometimes someone wants to appear great, as when Ananias and Sapphira pretended to give all they had to the church.
Then, sometimes something 'appears' strange, and we judge it, and condemn it. Suppose we had been there when Jesus spat on the ground, made mud, and wiped it on the blind man! If some present day Pentecostal did such a thing, he would be run out of town!
You spoke of a 'mad house'. When the Holy Ghost moves with power on an individual, they will react in different ways. A person with some real emotional problems may react loudly...as they are being set free from those problems. Demons cried out when Jesus drove them out. When guilty consciences or depressions are lifted, people often shout, cry, even laugh.
If you recall, the Apostle's poured out on the street when the Holy Ghost began moving on them...and people there declared that they were drunken.
The Holy Ghost is the living presence of God, and we cannot judge Him or His work by the actions of men. As you can see, real Christians and hypocrites (and ignorant people) may seem to be doing the same things...so unless, and until you learn what is going on, it is safer NOT to condemn.
Act 5:34 Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space;
Act 5:35 And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men.
Act 5:36 For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought.
Act 5:37 After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed.
Act 5:38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:
Act 5:39 BUT IF IT BE OF GOD, YOU CANNOT OVERTHROW IT; LEST HAPLY YOU BE FOUND EVEN TO FIGHT AGAINST GOD.
God is STILL the God of miracles.(We follow God, not men.)
I hope this helps.
KayMarie
Thanks KM. I have been to many Pentecostal Churches United as well as the Trinity .
I totally believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, I believe in speaking in tongues and the interpretation of tongues, I remember hearing my Mom and Dad praying in tongues as a little girl.
I would never questions the gifts or fruits of the Holy Spirit KM.

Cont
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry, but it wasnt done to clear up anything, but rather to whitewash what they are trying to do by taking away from His actual Death., it is His blood that takes away our sins, and a person can go into your church every time the door is open and take this supper and still not be Saved. and Paul knew that. as I said, they were Jewish and would not have known any Christian traditions, and to be honest, you nor I know what Paul was telling Timothy, but ONE thing that I do know is this, it had nothing to do with any rcc teachings.
and please dont bring up Iggie to me, this guy was a kook of the highest order. concerning clement, nothing much is known about him, so how you can reference him is beyond me. he did write a letter and was said to have authored another but this is nor a proven fact. and his one letter said nothing about any mass, did it?
Justin says this and it is so vague but befitting his status as a philosopher .{The Eucharist
And this food is called among us Eucharist, of which no one is allowed to partake but the man who believes that the things which we teach are true, and {[who has been washed with the washing that is for the remission of sins}}}THIS IS PATHETIC}, and unto regeneration, and who is so living as Christ has enjoined.
Saint Clement, 4th Bishop of Rome 80 AD letter to the Corinthians

"Since these things are manifest to us, and we have looked into the depths of the divine knowledge, we ought to do in order all things which the Master has commanded us to perform at appointed times.(the Holy Mass) He commanded us to celebrate sacrifices and services, and that it should not be thoughtlessly or disorderly, but at fixed times and hrs. He has Himself fixed - by His supreme will, the places and persons whom He desires for these celebrations,(this would be the ordained Bishops or Priests) in order that all things may be done piously according to His good pleasure, and be acceptable to His will.
For the high Priest his proper ministrations allotted, and to the Priest the proper place has been appointed, and on Levites, their proper services have been imposed. The layman is bound by the ordinances for the laity.

The last sentence is interesting. Clement is saying there are ordinances for the laity. In other words, we can't take off and do our own Mass and call it legit.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

who="TheBlackSheep"
Very good! If I am at a charity function and I give $10,000 to them, knowing full well that Bill Gates will give me whatever money I give, right back, did I sacrifice anything?
Should I be lifted up on peoples shoulders for giving the most, even though the only reason I gave it, is because I knew that I would get it right back?
That is not a sacrifice!

Your logic just doesn't have all of the necessary pieces. If you don't think that Jesus sacrificed anything, just lay down, let someone drive nails in you, and press a thorn crown on your head. Spend hours struggling for your breath, while all of your blood is pumped from your body.

Certainly He lived...even as you are going to live...somewhere. He sacrificed Himself so that we might be made alive, even as He is alive.

He SUFFERED painfully for your/our sake...so that you would not have to suffer.

Want to pay for your own sin? Accept His gift, or do it yourself. You won't be able to bear a moment of it...nor will you be able to escape it.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

who="TheBlackSheep"
You haven't noticed that your replies look different from everyone else's?

No, I have not.

KM
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Saint Clement of the Eucharist:

Teaching of the twelve Apostles (the Didache) 9:2,

90 AD

"regarding the Eucharist....let no one eat and drink of your Eucharist but those Baptized in the name of the Lord; to this, too, the saying of the Lord is applicable: do not give to dogs what is sacred.

On the Lords own day, assembled in common to break bread and offer thanks; but first confess your sins, so that your sacrifice may be pure. However, no one quarreling with his brother may join your meeting until they are reconciled; your sacrifice must not be defiled. For here we have the saying of the Lord:'in every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice; for I am a mighty King, says the Lord; and my name spreads terror among the nations"

www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/a/eucharist-q.h...
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

KM Cont
I had a dream about 9-11 a month or so before it happened KM.
I saw one tower with a man sitting at the top in a wooden chair, people were bowing down at the bases of the tower worshipping it, they were happy laughing , then everything changed people started to run and scream, blocks of concrete was falling on top of people, and the man who was sitting at the top was now riding on a block of concrete that was on top of peoples back.
When I woke up the morning of 9-11 the T.V. was on and at 9:30 when I saw people running and the plane going through the tower, everything was the same as my dream except the Plane, I only saw one tower fall. I am still amazed that it happened in the States.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I certainly know more than you.that is very evident. now go back and spam us some more.
I agree Preston that you do know more, I would never argue that with you.
So does satan whats your point.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We get a glimpse of Marian dogma thru scriptures. But its not explicitly defined.
We get a glimpse of the Papacy thru scriptures too.
The Holy Mass with the Eucharist as the center and climax was practiced from the earliest possible moments of Christianity.
But the Mass is not explicitly spelled out from scripture. The Eucharist is.
So what, you deny it all anyway.
YOU SAID," Jesus and His teachings." Try to stay on topic.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry, but it wasnt done to clear up anything, but rather to whitewash what they are trying to do by taking away from His actual Death., it is His blood that takes away our sins, and a person can go into your church every time the door is open and take this supper and still not be Saved. and Paul knew that. as I said, they were Jewish and would not have known any Christian traditions, and to be honest, you nor I know what Paul was telling Timothy, but ONE thing that I do know is this, it had nothing to do with any rcc teachings.
and please dont bring up Iggie to me, this guy was a kook of the highest order. concerning clement, nothing much is known about him, so how you can reference him is beyond me. he did write a letter and was said to have authored another but this is nor a proven fact. and his one letter said nothing about any mass, did it?
Justin says this and it is so vague but befitting his status as a philosopher .{The Eucharist
And this food is called among us Eucharist, of which no one is allowed to partake but the man who believes that the things which we teach are true, and {[who has been washed with the washing that is for the remission of sins}}}THIS IS PATHETIC}, and unto regeneration, and who is so living as Christ has enjoined.
Ignatius of Antioch, Disciple of the Apostle John:

"Let the Eucharist be held VALID which is offered by the Bishop or by the one whom the Bishop has put in charge (a Priest)
Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"

110 AD

Epistle to the Romans

"Be ye careful therefore to observe one Eucharist (for there is one flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ and one cup unto union in His blood; there is one alter, as there is one Bishop, together with the Priests and Deacons my fellow servants).

"take note to those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ who has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God...they abstain form the Eucharist because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ; flesh which suffered for our sins and the Father, in His goodness,raised up again. They who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"

www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/a/eucharist-q.h...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

who="TheBlackSheep"
No, I have not.
KM
How many of us have to put "**********" between their post and our reply? Just you.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Your logic just doesn't have all of the necessary pieces. If you don't think that Jesus sacrificed anything, just lay down, let someone drive nails in you, and press a thorn crown on your head. Spend hours struggling for your breath, while all of your blood is pumped from your body.
That is not part of the discussion. Your myth says that he suffered, OK, he suffered. But he did not give up his life, if he is still alive today. If he knew that he was going to be given back his life, then he gave up nothing.
Certainly He lived...
Yes, according to mythology.
even as you are going to live...
I am already living, thanks.
somewhere. He sacrificed Himself so that we might be made alive, even as He is alive.
So, he did not give up his life?
He SUFFERED painfully for your/our sake...so that you would not have to suffer.
If god did not want us to suffer, he would not have created Lucifer. He had a plan, before anything was created. He knew what was Lucifer was going to do before Lucifer was ever created! And he created him anyway. And you sit there and tell me that he doesn't want anyone to suffer. That's BS according to your mythology!

If I didn't want my creation to suffer, I damn sure wouldn't have put the devil and all his demons or the tree in the garden where my beloved creation was. That would be stupid!
Want to pay for your own sin?
What is a sin? Is killing a sin? Then why did god order people to kill?
Accept His gift, or do it yourself. You won't be able to bear a moment of it...nor will you be able to escape it.
KayMarie
Don't you just love the fear tactics! God will punish you and you won't be able to bear a moment of it...nor will you be able to escape it; So Love Him Or Else!!
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Never in all of the bible did Jesus perform a miracle in which there was not positive evidence that a miracle had taken place. Why does the RCC teach that this is an exception?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck and feels like a duck and tastes like a duck, it is most assuredly a duck.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

who="preston"you do know that I responded to that senile bag of bones that you are maried to when I spoke about your looks AFTER HE SPOKE OF MINE. RIGHT?
you know as much about the bible as he does which is zero. and is comparable to that of Orville and his ignorance .orville says that jesus never paid any taxes, you say that Jesus spoke in tongues, mr fraud knows everything(he thinks) but in reality, he is clueless

If you know so much about the Bible, WHY DON'T YOU WRITE ABOUT IT, instead of pouring out so much ugliness?

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

who="TheBlackSheep"
That is not part of the discussion. Your myth says that he suffered, OK, he suffered. But he did not give up his life, if he is still alive today. If he knew that he was going to be given back his life, then he gave up nothing.
<quoted text>
Yes, according to mythology.
<quoted text>
I am already living, thanks.
<quoted text>
So, he did not give up his life?
<quoted text>
If god did not want us to suffer, he would not have created Lucifer. He had a plan, before anything was created. He knew what was Lucifer was going to do before Lucifer was ever created! And he created him anyway. And you sit there and tell me that he doesn't want anyone to suffer. That's BS according to your mythology!
If I didn't want my creation to suffer, I damn sure wouldn't have put the devil and all his demons or the tree in the garden where my beloved creation was. That would be stupid!
<quoted text>
What is a sin? Is killing a sin? Then why did god order people to kill?
<quoted text>
Don't you just love the fear tactics! God will punish you and you won't be able to bear a moment of it...nor will you be able to escape it; So Love Him Or Else!!

Lucifer is so much like some of your kind. You were fearfully and wonderfully made...a creature worthy of God's fellowship.

BUT you CHOSE to mock Him, and shame Him. In so doing YOU are fallen into mockery and shame. Lucifer thinks that he is as, or better than, God.
He has lots of company.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

who="TheBlackSheep"
No, I have not.
KM

On second thought...yes, I have noticed. My posts aren't filled with ugly names against people. I can give answers, not insults.

KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

who="TheBlackSheep"
No, I have not.
KM
On second thought...yes, I have noticed. My posts aren't filled with ugly names against people. I can give answers, not insults.
KayMarie
And that is the only thing you see different? Is that what you call being honest?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

who="LTM "
I saw one tower with a man sitting at the top in a wooden chair, people were bowing down at the bases of the tower worshipping it, they were happy laughing , then everything changed people started to run and scream, blocks of concrete was falling on top of people, and the man who was sitting at the top was now riding on a block of concrete that was on top of peoples back.
When I woke up the morning of 9-11 the T.V. was on and at 9:30 when I saw people running and the plane going through the tower, everything was the same as my dream except the Plane, I only saw one tower fall. I am still amazed that it happened in the States.

Very revealing.
KM

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Lucifer is so much like some of your kind. You were fearfully and wonderfully made...a creature worthy of God's fellowship.
You are judging me? How does god feel about that?
BUT you CHOSE to mock Him, and shame Him. In so doing YOU are fallen into mockery and shame. Lucifer thinks that he is as, or better than, God.
He has lots of company.
KayMarie
I would never claim to be better or worse than a mythological character! Never!

But if your god did exist, he would know what I needed to believe in him. Since he did not make us all the same, he must know that I would question that which cannot be proven.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

who="LTM "
Very revealing.
KM
I had a dream last night that ltm had a dream about 9-11 and was going to tell us about it today!!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Preston that you do know more, I would never argue that with you.
So does satan whats your point.
I dont know. what was your point by acting like a smartalec?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 397,421 - 397,440 of529,642
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••