Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,635
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Chicago, IL

#412510 Dec 31, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
Get real Pad. We cover these changes everyday.
Start with the Holy Eucharist...
The first Protestants denied Christ in the Eucharist.. this was clearly taught by the Apostles and their disciples
Then they added the word 'alone' to Rom 3:28 to invent 'faith alone'.
They removed 7 books from the old testament.. thus siding with the Jews of 100 AD and not Christians of 33 AD.
Then they added Sola scripture, which was unheard of before then.
When
Clay, I believe that you are serious about your faith...but when one is so 'caught up' in their 'church' that other Christians are 'of the devil', something is wrong.
You tell us that you do not worship statues, etc., but here you speak of "things used for worship... like statues, paintings and other artwork."
You say that the RCC respects other faiths...then say that "We can see the hatred forming in so-called Christians on here. We can see the slander and lies they rely on just to teach their faith. It all reeks
of the devil." SO-CALLED 'CHRISTIANS' USING SLANDER AND LIES TO TEACH THEIR FAITH? You say that it (our teaching) ALL REEKS OF THE DEVIL? I don't agree with the RC on some points, but would be the last to say that YOU are of the devil!
The things taught by 'word of mouth', refers to preaching/teaching by the Apostles.(Imagine what will be taught from the Da Vinci Code! Some are already speaking of it as 'gospel'.)
You are trusting in the word of men, who say that other men's words are more important than the writings of the Apostle's.
Seriously, ask the Living Christ to reveal Himself to you. You will never regret it.
KayMarie
You said "ask the Living Christ to reveal Himself to you, you will never regret it"
That's rather insulting to me Kay. Our Lord has revealed Himself to me in more ways then I could possibly deserve. I'm so sure I belong right where I'm at that id be willing to go to the lions.
Is that faith enough for ya?
I've said before, Protestants are unwilling participants in Satans war. That exempts most of ya from judgement because you're just living the gospel the only way you know how.
To me, its doing it with about 1/4 of the resources available to you. Private interpretations of the Bible.
If you followed the Churchs teachings you'd have half the resources.
If you were in communion with the Church, and could participate in the Sacraments - especially the Eucharist - you'd have 100% of the resources available. You would have the fullness of Christianity as established by Jesus Christ.
Think about how people splintered away from the CC throughout the yrs. Why did they immediately change teachings? Who do you think was really influencing these people?
The Devil is powerless in trying to change CC teachings. He's tried and failed. He took down a few Popes and STILL couldn't penetrate the Sacraments.
But when people leave the communion of Church, they are easily influenced.
Look at what Luther did in his yrs after leaving? Its no wonder people said Luther turned into an alcoholic and appeared to be losing his mind! The man was under complete control of the Devil.
preston

Waverly, OH

#412511 Dec 31, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your above post sorta contradicts each other.
It agrees with what I am saying. The Council of Trent was called to clear up the new teachings the Protestants were trying to establish.
It wasn't at this council that the Church decided on the teachings of the Eucharist!
If I been lied to, then so was Paul, Clement of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch, Justin Martyr and the first 1,600 yrs of Christianity.
I am sorry, but it wasnt done to clear up anything, but rather to whitewash what they are trying to do by taking away from His actual Death., it is His blood that takes away our sins, and a person can go into your church every time the door is open and take this supper and still not be Saved. and Paul knew that. as I said, they were Jewish and would not have known any Christian traditions, and to be honest, you nor I know what Paul was telling Timothy, but ONE thing that I do know is this, it had nothing to do with any rcc teachings.
and please dont bring up Iggie to me, this guy was a kook of the highest order. concerning clement, nothing much is known about him, so how you can reference him is beyond me. he did write a letter and was said to have authored another but this is nor a proven fact. and his one letter said nothing about any mass, did it?

Justin says this and it is so vague but befitting his status as a philosopher .{The Eucharist

And this food is called among us Eucharist, of which no one is allowed to partake but the man who believes that the things which we teach are true, and {[who has been washed with the washing that is for the remission of sins}}}THIS IS PATHETIC}, and unto regeneration, and who is so living as Christ has enjoined.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#412512 Dec 31, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the Apostle Paul mean ..when he says to hold steadfast to the traditions you were taught by word of mouth?
What traditions? By word of mouth, not written down??
Don't you think LTM, you ought to find out what the Apostle Paul is commanding?
hint: The Holy Mass and the Eucharist.
I have explain it many times Clay so have others, so I will not argue over the word of the Lord any Longer, besides Preston seems to know it all ask him.
preston

Waverly, OH

#412513 Dec 31, 2012
I was attempting to appeal to you, hoping that you would use your knowledge to speak something good. But, true to form, you use my post to attempt to divide us against each other.(It won't work.)
We are called to 'edify' each other (build each other up). I found an opportunity, and attempted to encourage you to do something helpful. It didn't work...you'd rather fight.
You didn't earn any encouragement; it's only been a few days since you posted a supposed description of how ugly you think me to be.
But Jesus smiled on all of us WHILE we were yet in sin. Those who truly follow Him WILL try to encourage each other.
KayMarie
you do know that I responded to that senile bag of bones that you are maried to when I spoke about your looks AFTER HE SPOKE OF MINE. RIGHT?

you know as much about the bible as he does which is zero. and is comparable to that of Orville and his ignorance .orville says that jesus never paid any taxes, you say that Jesus spoke in tongues, mr fraud knows everything(he thinks) but in reality, he is clueless

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#412514 Dec 31, 2012
who="Clay"
KayMarie

Preston:
so why dont you grow up and get your own nick. BTW, MOST INTELLIGENT PEOPLE HIT {REPLY }AND THEN POST. WHY ARE YOU SO BACKWARDS?

I DO hit reply and then post.

You obviously didn't hit reply...or there would have been a message. What are you talking about?

Intelligent?

KM
preston

Waverly, OH

#412515 Dec 31, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have explain it many times Clay so have others, so I will not argue over the word of the Lord any Longer, besides Preston seems to know it all ask him.
lol, I certainly know more than you.that is very evident. now go back and spam us some more.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#412516 Dec 31, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry, but it wasnt done to clear up anything, but rather to whitewash what they are trying to do by taking away from His actual Death., it is His blood that takes away our sins, and a person can go into your church every time the door is open and take this supper and still not be Saved. and Paul knew that. as I said, they were Jewish and would not have known any Christian traditions, and to be honest, you nor I know what Paul was telling Timothy, but ONE thing that I do know is this, it had nothing to do with any rcc teachings.
and please dont bring up Iggie to me, this guy was a kook of the highest order. concerning clement, nothing much is known about him, so how you can reference him is beyond me. he did write a letter and was said to have authored another but this is nor a proven fact. and his one letter said nothing about any mass, did it?
Justin says this and it is so vague but befitting his status as a philosopher .{The Eucharist
And this food is called among us Eucharist, of which no one is allowed to partake but the man who believes that the things which we teach are true, and {[who has been washed with the washing that is for the remission of sins}}}THIS IS PATHETIC}, and unto regeneration, and who is so living as Christ has enjoined.
Unlike the original letters of the Bible, Ignatius
of Antiochs letters are still preserved to this day in original form.

Clement wrote other stuff too.

And you didn't fully quote Justin Martyrs.

These things are important Preston, because the Apostles didn't just hand out their letters without explaining them. By the writings of the early Church, when get a good feel to what was actually being taught by the Apostles.
And to be honest.... they sound really really Catholic.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#412517 Dec 31, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
you may have over looked...
http://bible.cc/john/10-18.htm
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
Very good! If I am at a charity function and I give $10,000 to them, knowing full well that Bill Gates will give me whatever money I give, right back, did I sacrifice anything?

Should I be lifted up on peoples shoulders for giving the most, even though the only reason I gave it, is because I knew that I would get it right back?

That is not a sacrifice!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412518 Dec 31, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I give you too much to think about or do you just ignore logic?

#412519 Dec 31, 2012
who="Clay"
You said "ask the Living Christ to reveal Himself to you, you will never regret it"
That's rather insulting to me Kay. Our Lord has revealed Himself to me in more ways then I could possibly deserve. I'm so sure I belong right where I'm at that id be willing to go to the lions.
Is that faith enough for ya?
I've said before, Protestants are unwilling participants in Satans war. That exempts most of ya from judgement because you're just living the gospel the only way you know how.
To me, its doing it with about 1/4 of the resources available to you. Private interpretations of the Bible.
If you followed the Churchs teachings you'd have half the resources.
If you were in communion with the Church, and could participate in the Sacraments - especially the Eucharist - you'd have 100% of the resources available. You would have the fullness of Christianity as established by Jesus Christ.
Think about how people splintered away from the CC throughout the yrs. Why did they immediately change teachings? Who do you think was really influencing these people?
The Devil is powerless in trying to change CC teachings. He's tried and failed. He took down a few Popes and STILL couldn't penetrate the Sacraments.
But when people leave the communion of Church, they are easily influenced.
Look at what Luther did in his yrs after leaving? Its no wonder people said Luther turned into an alcoholic and appeared to be losing his mind! The man was under complete control of the Devil.

I can only leave you to Him, Clay. But our salvation is through faith in Jesus Christs' sacrifice for us; NOT in any denominational group. Your hope seems to be firmly set in the RC to save you.

Thou shalt love THE LORD THY GOD with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.

KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412520 Dec 31, 2012
I DO hit reply and then post.
You obviously didn't hit reply...or there would have been a message. What are you talking about?
Intelligent?
KM
You haven't noticed that your replies look different from everyone else's?
LTM

#412521 Dec 31, 2012
who="LTM"
KM, I wanted to discuss this with you. I don't listen to any of these men. But the Pentecostal movement as I understand it is very mixed I don't know what to believe.
My father was pentecostal preacher, but I never followed it.
I find it greatly exaggerated by some , as the man said it was like I walked into a mad house.
First we must establish WHO introduced Pentecost. John Baptist declared that the Messiah would come.
Mar 1:6 And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;
Mar 1:7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
Mar 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
Jesus Himself commissioned the Apostle's to 'make converts'. But He told them to tarry (wait) until they received power...which happened on the day of Pentecost.
Then we must examine the evidence. Sometimes someone wants to appear great, as when Ananias and Sapphira pretended to give all they had to the church.
Then, sometimes something 'appears' strange, and we judge it, and condemn it. Suppose we had been there when Jesus spat on the ground, made mud, and wiped it on the blind man! If some present day Pentecostal did such a thing, he would be run out of town!
You spoke of a 'mad house'. When the Holy Ghost moves with power on an individual, they will react in different ways. A person with some real emotional problems may react loudly...as they are being set free from those problems. Demons cried out when Jesus drove them out. When guilty consciences or depressions are lifted, people often shout, cry, even laugh.
If you recall, the Apostle's poured out on the street when the Holy Ghost began moving on them...and people there declared that they were drunken.
The Holy Ghost is the living presence of God, and we cannot judge Him or His work by the actions of men. As you can see, real Christians and hypocrites (and ignorant people) may seem to be doing the same things...so unless, and until you learn what is going on, it is safer NOT to condemn.
Act 5:34 Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space;
Act 5:35 And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men.
Act 5:36 For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought.
Act 5:37 After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed.
Act 5:38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:
Act 5:39 BUT IF IT BE OF GOD, YOU CANNOT OVERTHROW IT; LEST HAPLY YOU BE FOUND EVEN TO FIGHT AGAINST GOD.
God is STILL the God of miracles.(We follow God, not men.)
I hope this helps.
KayMarie
Thanks KM. I have been to many Pentecostal Churches United as well as the Trinity .
I totally believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, I believe in speaking in tongues and the interpretation of tongues, I remember hearing my Mom and Dad praying in tongues as a little girl.
I would never questions the gifts or fruits of the Holy Spirit KM.

Cont
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#412522 Dec 31, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry, but it wasnt done to clear up anything, but rather to whitewash what they are trying to do by taking away from His actual Death., it is His blood that takes away our sins, and a person can go into your church every time the door is open and take this supper and still not be Saved. and Paul knew that. as I said, they were Jewish and would not have known any Christian traditions, and to be honest, you nor I know what Paul was telling Timothy, but ONE thing that I do know is this, it had nothing to do with any rcc teachings.
Saint Clement, 4th Bishop of Rome 80 AD letter to the Corinthians

"Since these things are manifest to us, and we have looked into the depths of the divine knowledge, we ought to do in order all things which the Master has commanded us to perform at appointed times.(the Holy Mass) He commanded us to celebrate sacrifices and services, and that it should not be thoughtlessly or disorderly, but at fixed times and hrs. He has Himself fixed - by His supreme will, the places and persons whom He desires for these celebrations,(this would be the ordained Bishops or Priests) in order that all things may be done piously according to His good pleasure, and be acceptable to His will.
For the high Priest his proper ministrations allotted, and to the Priest the proper place has been appointed, and on Levites, their proper services have been imposed. The layman is bound by the ordinances for the laity.

The last sentence is interesting. Clement is saying there are ordinances for the laity. In other words, we can't take off and do our own Mass and call it legit.

#412523 Dec 31, 2012
who="TheBlackSheep"
Very good! If I am at a charity function and I give $10,000 to them, knowing full well that Bill Gates will give me whatever money I give, right back, did I sacrifice anything?
Should I be lifted up on peoples shoulders for giving the most, even though the only reason I gave it, is because I knew that I would get it right back?
That is not a sacrifice!

Your logic just doesn't have all of the necessary pieces. If you don't think that Jesus sacrificed anything, just lay down, let someone drive nails in you, and press a thorn crown on your head. Spend hours struggling for your breath, while all of your blood is pumped from your body.

Certainly He lived...even as you are going to live...somewhere. He sacrificed Himself so that we might be made alive, even as He is alive.

He SUFFERED painfully for your/our sake...so that you would not have to suffer.

Want to pay for your own sin? Accept His gift, or do it yourself. You won't be able to bear a moment of it...nor will you be able to escape it.

KayMarie

#412524 Dec 31, 2012
who="TheBlackSheep"
You haven't noticed that your replies look different from everyone else's?

No, I have not.

KM
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#412525 Dec 31, 2012
Saint Clement of the Eucharist:

Teaching of the twelve Apostles (the Didache) 9:2,

90 AD

"regarding the Eucharist....let no one eat and drink of your Eucharist but those Baptized in the name of the Lord; to this, too, the saying of the Lord is applicable: do not give to dogs what is sacred.

On the Lords own day, assembled in common to break bread and offer thanks; but first confess your sins, so that your sacrifice may be pure. However, no one quarreling with his brother may join your meeting until they are reconciled; your sacrifice must not be defiled. For here we have the saying of the Lord:'in every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice; for I am a mighty King, says the Lord; and my name spreads terror among the nations"

www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/a/eucharist-q.h...
LTM

#412526 Dec 31, 2012
KM Cont
I had a dream about 9-11 a month or so before it happened KM.
I saw one tower with a man sitting at the top in a wooden chair, people were bowing down at the bases of the tower worshipping it, they were happy laughing , then everything changed people started to run and scream, blocks of concrete was falling on top of people, and the man who was sitting at the top was now riding on a block of concrete that was on top of peoples back.
When I woke up the morning of 9-11 the T.V. was on and at 9:30 when I saw people running and the plane going through the tower, everything was the same as my dream except the Plane, I only saw one tower fall. I am still amazed that it happened in the States.
LTM

#412527 Dec 31, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I certainly know more than you.that is very evident. now go back and spam us some more.
I agree Preston that you do know more, I would never argue that with you.
So does satan whats your point.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412528 Dec 31, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We get a glimpse of Marian dogma thru scriptures. But its not explicitly defined.
We get a glimpse of the Papacy thru scriptures too.
The Holy Mass with the Eucharist as the center and climax was practiced from the earliest possible moments of Christianity.
But the Mass is not explicitly spelled out from scripture. The Eucharist is.
So what, you deny it all anyway.
YOU SAID," Jesus and His teachings." Try to stay on topic.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#412529 Dec 31, 2012
preston wrote:
Ignatius of Antioch, Disciple of the Apostle John:

"Let the Eucharist be held VALID which is offered by the Bishop or by the one whom the Bishop has put in charge (a Priest)
Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"

110 AD

Epistle to the Romans

"Be ye careful therefore to observe one Eucharist (for there is one flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ and one cup unto union in His blood; there is one alter, as there is one Bishop, together with the Priests and Deacons my fellow servants).

"take note to those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ who has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God...they abstain form the Eucharist because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ; flesh which suffered for our sins and the Father, in His goodness,raised up again. They who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"

www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/a/eucharist-q.h...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 6 min Dander 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE