Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
397,361 - 397,380 of 537,302 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Michelle wrote:
Scary stuff here..........Can we all agree on the 10 Commandments? Instead of studying the Bible and getting so many different interpretations, maybe if we focused on these.......and studied them...maybe ......give a person some hope and peace of mind???
Probably not.........that would be too simple.
I am confused. When I quote from the OT, I am told that those laws of god's are no longer enforced, but the 10C's are in the OT!

Also, not many christians follow the 10C's! They don't even try. Oh sure, they may not go out and kill anyone, but they have no problem eating a few grapes in the grocery store. They have no problem fudging their taxes.

When is the sabbath and how should it be kept? Not too many christians follow that one!

Number 2: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Do you have any pictures or statues in your house or church?

Once you christians start taking the 10C seriously, maybe the rest of us would... No, not really.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i did it through catholic history,in order to have true devine apostolic succession a person must be chosen by holy people agree? well that's not how it was done in a few cases here's one. "POPE
Benedict IX, born Theophylactus of Tusculum, is known mainly for two things: 1) he held office on three separate occasions, and 2) he is the only pope who ever sold the papacy (to his own godfather, of all people).
Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son. With little actual training or preparation that qualified him to act as pontiff, Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome.
Benedict managed to regain his throne, but then – surprise, surprise!– he was sidetracked by a prospective marriage (to his cousin) and sold the papal chair for a significant amount of money to his godfather, a priest who named himself Pope Gregory VI. His later repentance and attempt to resume his position created quite a controversy, forcing the German King Henry III to intervene. Benedict was subsequently excommunicated from the church.
“His life as a pope,” wrote Pope Victor III,“was so vile, so foul, so execrable, that I shudder to think of it.”
JETHRO:take note " his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son." jethro: this suggests the chair was obviously bought for him,so how can you have true succession? it's a joke.
Why do you ignore our ACTUAL beliefs?

You're not allowed to define Apostolic succession for us. Its our belief. We get to define it.

The teachings went thru 265 Popes so far.
But the Popes themselves were ALL SINNERS. Every single one of them.
Our Lord protected the doctrine and dogma from error and the teachings Magistrium of the Church will always be without error in teachings because of this.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you list them one by one? It must be put in writing,so we can see it for ourselves as People of the Book,it is important that we know our changes we made from generation to generation.In other words Clay,be specific!
Did you just identify yourselves as "People of The Book"?

That's a heck of a title Pad.

I would advise you all to get together and come up with a unified understanding of The Book. This would be the responsible thing to do, right?

You guys don't venture deep enough into scripture to call yourselves that. You barely scratch the surface and pretty much ignore the Old Testament... because of that, you don't understand things like the Eucharist and the Passover; the sacrificial Lamb pertaining to the Lamb of God.
The Jews understood the importance of partaking in the sacrificial Lamb. They consumed it.
Christ is the Lamb of God.
Now do you see the importance of The Mass and partaking in the Eucharist? You see why The Old Testament and New, flow together?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i did it through catholic history,in order to have true devine apostolic succession a person must be chosen by holy people agree? well that's not how it was done in a few cases here's one. "POPE
Benedict IX, born Theophylactus of Tusculum, is known mainly for two things: 1) he held office on three separate occasions, and 2) he is the only pope who ever sold the papacy (to his own godfather, of all people).
Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son. With little actual training or preparation that qualified him to act as pontiff, Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome.
Benedict managed to regain his throne, but then – surprise, surprise!– he was sidetracked by a prospective marriage (to his cousin) and sold the papal chair for a significant amount of money to his godfather, a priest who named himself Pope Gregory VI. His later repentance and attempt to resume his position created quite a controversy, forcing the German King Henry III to intervene. Benedict was subsequently excommunicated from the church.
“His life as a pope,” wrote Pope Victor III,“was so vile, so foul, so execrable, that I shudder to think of it.”
JETHRO:take note " his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son." jethro: this suggests the chair was obviously bought for him,so how can you have true succession? it's a joke.
Exactly.

They claim that Jesus demands no accountability. None. Zero.

Silly -- the supposed teacher of "perfect morals" accepts zero accountability for itself.

The ONLY reason the Pope apologized to the world for the largest child sex abuse cover-up in history was NOT because it was right.

Nope, the Vatican was caught red-handed in its lies -- thanks to among other things -- a police raid on a Bishops Conference in Belgium.

How does anyone make sense of Jesus requiring a police raid before guiding his supposed church to tel the truth?

It makes no sense and Jesus comes out looking like a buffoon.

BUSTED....
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Jesus quiz.....

How would Jesus guide His one-true church during the decades long child sex-abuse scandal?

1... Would Jesus have His Church confront the issue head-on once the first evidence emerged and His earthly vicar (the Pope) first became aware -- thus saving the souls of countless children?

or.....

2.... Would Jesus guide His church to cover-up the child abuse for decades longer, guide His church to use diplomatic immunity in order to avoid giving evidence and answering questions, and only have His church admit the truth after a police raid in Belgium seized many boxes of secret documents?

OK kids -- how much do you know about Jesus?

Reality 101 -- sorry Catholics-in-denial -- Jesus is not OK with child rape.

Sorry Catholics, but Jesus would not honor any Apostle who facilitated HUNDREDS of such crimes.

(Catholics respond; "Cardinal Law good -- the nuns are the problem, the nuns are the problem.")

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

1... The RCC wants us to judge them by their words.

2... Jesus wants us to judge them by their deeds.

Question: Whose advice is correct?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
1... The RCC wants us to judge them by their words.
2... Jesus wants us to judge them by their deeds.
Question: Whose advice is correct?
Here's how that works!

Rule 1: Trust what god says.

Rule 2: Unless you like what jesus said better.

Rule 3: If you like what paul said better than the other two, then follow paul.

Rule 4: You can switch between the three anytime you like, even in mid sentence.

Of course, everyone wants to be judged by words! They are easy to produce!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I would advise you all to get together and come up with a unified understanding of The Book. This would be the responsible thing to do, right?
You guys don't venture deep enough into scripture to call yourselves that. You barely scratch the surface and pretty much ignore the Old Testament... because of that, you don't understand things like the Eucharist and the Passover; the sacrificial Lamb pertaining to the Lamb of God.
The Jews understood the importance of partaking in the sacrificial Lamb. They consumed it.
Now do you see the importance of The Mass and partaking in the Eucharist? You see why The Old Testament and New, flow together?
FIRST of all thank you for responding,and giving a list,all things that have been haggled over and over,and you were specific,I commend you for that.

I read your other post.Again Clay thank you.I hope you have a good New Year,it is really something we made it to 2013.I noticed hojo has not been here for awhile,it seems he probably needs to take a rest from it all,as I am sure he was quite exhausted from continuing his never ending proclamation of the ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH ,that Jesus Christ started,the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

All Evangelicals with the exception of those who are Roman Catholic and some in the Orthodox adhere to this list:

1. The Bible is the inerrant Word of God,the Confirmation of Faith,Hope and Love.
2. The Bible is the Book that written today stops grave heresies in their track.
3. To worship God is to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth,that is we are to be born of His Spirit,and the Truth is Jesus Christ(The Way,The Truth,and the Life).
4. We trust in the Cross of our Lord Jesus who defeated sin and death through His terrible crucifixion,death and Resurrection.We can apply what Jesus DID to our own struggle with the rudiments and power of Sin in the individual and corporate membership of His Body.
5. In discovering the Word as being Spiritually discerned Evangelicals know that walking with Christ unravels the power of Satan in our lives,and awakens us to the Risen and Victorious Savior who is our EXAMPLE.The Apocrypha by the way does not add to the Christ,as the New Testament is sufficient in expounding on Christ. Sirach and Wisdom are noble writings,and we can enrich our own souls with such.Sirach has lengthy segments on useless statues of deities and the like.The Old Testament is of course the greatest source in comparing the Hebrews to our believers today,and their journey t o the Kingdom of the Father.

6.We have Communion,and it is not just some quick fast food mindset,but a time of deep comtemplation into the DEATH
of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7.Baptism has not changed one iota from the first century Church, we baptize new converts to Christ,following the Biblical pattern,Infant baptism is not biblical,baptizing men and women who repent of their sin and enter the community of Christ are baptized,Biblical to the CORE.
8. Our clergy is mentioned in the New Testament,ministers,pastors,de acons or elders,our services are the simple form you see in Corinthians as organized by the Apostle Paul himself.We have teachers,and those who trust the Lord for healing and miracles,as the Scripture by the way states in the list of clergy and the practices of.All in the Epistles.Some Evangelicals have apostles, and some have bishops.I agree with you that it does not follow the Biblical pattern not to have bishops,of course many evangelcals use the word Superintendant rather than Bishop.No doubt a move to not identify with the Catholic office of Bishop.
9. Although we have beautiful artwork,and there are pictures of Christ in many churches,we generally and unanomously abhor the use of statues.
10. We abhor the formation of a celibate clergy,because the Lord never instituted such.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All Christians and Jews are the People of the Book, Clay,so don't panic over the title,we all deserve it because we all adhere to it,the Catholic Church adheres to the Bible as well,don't you consider yourself under that same banner?People of the Book.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
They claim that Jesus demands no accountability. None. Zero.
Silly -- the supposed teacher of "perfect morals" accepts zero accountability for itself.
The ONLY reason the Pope apologized to the world for the largest child sex abuse cover-up in history was NOT because it was right.
Nope, the Vatican was caught red-handed in its lies -- thanks to among other things -- a police raid on a Bishops Conference in Belgium.
How does anyone make sense of Jesus requiring a police raid before guiding his supposed church to tel the truth?
It makes no sense and Jesus comes out looking like a buffoon.
BUSTED....
"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Anytime,Christians sin we bring shame to the Cross of Christ,as we continue to rebel against His provision for us to His Victory over sin and death.I state this Free Mind,because many are the sins of all affiliations in Christianity,and you could say we all make Jesus look like a buffoon.

No doubt that child molestation is so grevious,and a physical assault on the most vulnerable should require incarceration,not just a slap on the hand,and or a transfer to another church or parish.

I have talked with Christians from many types of evangelical churches and asked them what they do when a pedophile is discovered in their midst.Very rarely is that person kept in the denomination or just transferred.Most of the time the police are allowed to enter into the situation,the person is arrested.That is how the authorities find out,from the church itself.Sad but the people realize that once a child is violated,there is no turning back or hiding the perpetrator from his being punished for his c r i m e.

We do not deny that pastors and other church workers have been predators in the various crimes of such,the pain and shame is so bad that we realize it is better to face the situation,and Let God be judge.No one wants to see a pastor or church worker arrested,tried and put in prison,but when they violate a child they deserve it.

I agree that a Cover up in any case is terrible,but I also understand the magnitude of trouble when one church system in particular has to deal with many perpetrators,not just a few.No doubt that a given Bishop knows that complaints are throughout his parish,not just one church,or one priest.Not of course that cover-up or transfer is an option.Many Bishops must feel that they must keep the pandora's box closed when dealing with one case at a time.

I understand your continuing to bring up the scandal,we all want to get Catholics to realize that the scandal is a deep flaw within the whole Catholic Church system.It is a chasm of an unfilled void in the Catholic Church that its people are not willing to confront head on.

The present pope is doing something which is better than nothing.But I believe that it is a deep flaw and something that speaks against the celibate hiearchy of the RCC.All through history the celibacy of the Roman Church has had pedophilia as a grave sin within their ranks.It is not just in this century!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying that Christ came in the flesh is antichrist.If we believe that Jesus came to earth as God,but did not have a totally human body inherited from his mother Mary.we missed the Incarnation,and than we truly believe in gnoticism.

Nevertheless we evangelicals along with most Christians believe in the Incarnation,and the power of the Divine and Humanity of our Lord.He now sits at the right hand of His Father in glory,in a resurrected Body that includes both the physical and spiritual,because of the Incarnation.

I believe wholeheartedly that Jesus is the Lamb of God.He gave His life in total humility,He could have called ten thousand angels to destroy and set Him free from the hands of angy evil men seeking to kill Him.

But He did not,He became as an innocent precious lamb instead,and obedient unto death.It is in the death of this precious MAN and GOD,we have our being,and the possible victory over sin and death.May God ever reveal through His Spirit even more the mystery of His Son who gave Himself so freely.Sin cannot be tolerated by us,even though we all sin,for Jesus did not die in vain.

BUT let us be real here Clay,Jesus is not a lamb is He,He is not an animal.although His total attitude and obedience was as totally submissive as a precious little lamb.Everytime I see movies where Jewish priests are sacrificing lambs as in Jesus of Nazareth,and pictures on the story of Mary and Joseph, it really hits me about the lamb brought to the slaughter.

But Jesus is no more a lamb(animal) than He is the Lion or (animal) of Judah.Jesus is not literally a lamb,or is He literally a Lion.But yet Jesus is called the Lamb of God,and the Lion of Judah.

We use these terms to deepen our understanding of the obedient servant our Lord was in the Lamb(submissive and precious,tender),and the opposite,as the ferocious ruler of victory,and Power,and Majesty as the LION of Judah.Jesus as Lion,is typified to the King of the Jungle as it were,the Lion,which is known by all of humaity as the most ferocious and powerful of the wild cats,and with that glorious mane around his head,is king of the jungle.

Jesus before His death became the submissive lamb to the slaughter although not a real animal or lamb,and after His death and resurrection He is the powerful King who sits on the throne,typified as a LION of Judah,although not a real lion or animal in the jungle.

Jesus offered His body and blood in the death He so willingly and submissively gave for us.We cannot physically which is rooted in sin appreciate the magnitude of that sacrifice,but spiritually with His Spirit we can,and it becomes that spiritual nourishment and oasis from our sinful flesh and nature.Continued;

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Nevertheless we evangelicals along with most Christians believe in the Incarnation,and the power of the Divine and Humanity of our Lord.He now sits at the right hand of His Father in glory,in a resurrected Body that includes both the physical and spiritual,because of the Incarnation.

He gave His life
You probably don't see the stupidity of statements above, so I will break it down for you.

What did jesus sacrifice, if he is still alive now? He stated that he was going to be sitting with his father, in heaven, right? So, he knew before hand that he was going to get his life back, right?

Hence, there was no sacrifice. To be a sacrifice, something has to be given up; gone forever. At least in the mind of the person making the sacrifice.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'll tell you what. You give me chapter and verse that says the books of the New Testament are all that's revealed about Jesus and His teaching.
fool."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why don't you tell us what you know about Jesus and His teachings APART from the scriptures. And perhaps you might at least act like a christian and cease with the childish name calling.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Communion for us brings out the reality of what Jesus suffered as the L a m b,His submission.When we partake of bread and the juice(wine as in the Scriptures),we consider the humanity of Christ,His flesh and blood,first of all respecting totally His reality as the Incarnate Christ,who IS MAN through the Virgin Birth.

Jesus did not die on the Cross basically as God,but as Man,as a sacrifice replacing the Lamb(animal sacrifice).If we see Jesus dying as God,we fail to see the magnitude of His humanity,and becoming sin for us.The Lamb became the sin offering for the Jewish people,as a holy appeasement before the Living God.Nothing was more precious in the sight of God than the Jewish sacrifice of the Lamb every passover.God's whole and dignified wrath against a rebellious people was held back,by that innocent and precious lamb offered every year.

Jesus being that substitute for the L a m b,was really unknown to the Jewish people,that is they did not sacrifice Jesus with the knowledge of what He was before His Father.The Jews did not see the killing or crucifixion of Christ as a sacrifice.But in the sight of the Father HE was a holy and innocent and complete sacrifice,the FINAL one,never to be repeated again by Jesus,HE said "IT is Finished""It is accomplished" "It is Completed".

That mystery is first for the JEW,than the gentile.It is for the Jew to understand why God chose His only begotten Son to lay down His life freely for the most greatest detriment to human kind S I N. Continued:

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
Communion for us brings out the reality of what Jesus suffered as the L a m b
OK, if you want to say that he suffered! That is totally different from sacrificing his life! You cannot sacrifice a life that cannot be taken, now can you?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>any FOOL can post Bible verses.
~~~

There are no substance that exist in the galaxy that is more powerful than the word' of God...

Faith is the foundational substance that activates God's word in out lives..

~~~

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Heb 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

___

THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY HIS FAITH IN GOD'S WORD..

IT IS SAID OF ABRAHAM (the father of faith )

Rom 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

Rom 4:19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb:

Rom 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he/GOD had promised, he was able also to perform.

Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him/ABRAHAM for righteousness.

NOTE

Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

Rom 4:24 ==> But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;<==

Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

___

Rom_1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Gal_3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Heb_10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

___
GOD'S WORD is the FOUNDATION ....THAT FAITH IS BUILT UPON....

FAITH CAN ONLY BE FOUNDED IN GOD'S WORD...

WE HAVE CONFIDENCE IN SECULAR/EARTHLY THINGS,

BUT FAITH IS THE EPITOME OF THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION.

The Apostle Paul wrote

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Jesus said

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:

-->the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It is the fool that denies the word of God...

Psa_14:1 , A Psalm of David.

==>The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

~~~

To hate God's word is but to hate Jesus...

Jesus is the word of God made flesh...

Joh_1:14 -->And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

As the mystery of our Lord's sacrifice is still hidden to the tr4aditional Jew,it is not hidden from those of us who by faith receive Him.We realize through the Spirit that Jesus died for all of humanity not just the Jews.But we have to realize as well that Jesus died for the Jews first in that He died i n the vicinity of Jerusalem the Capital of Jewish life.The place where the Temple stood of all Hebrew worship of the living God.

The Passover Lamb to the Jew was the only way for God to withold judgment on the whole of the Jewish nation for their sins.So Jesus first of all is crucified for the Jews,and through the preaching of the gospel we find that Jesus died for the whole world.Sin cannot be the desolate end for the Gentile world,because Jesus through His death is the Promise of God to the Gentiles of salvation.

The fact that many Christians observe communion without the belief of transubstantiation,is that Like Jesus is not a lamb,nor is He a lion,He is not a piece of bread nor is He a cup of wine.But in the Spirit there is life,and through His body and blood we have access to the spiritual life,in that what He did at Calvary gives us the ability to enter the presence of a HOLY HOLY HOLY God,not marred by the sin that so easily besets all of human kind.

In Jesus not a piece of bread or a cup of wine,we have eternal life.The bread and wine gives us the physical reality of what Jesus shared as His own body and blood,the Physical sacrifice,which by the way became sin for us,before a Holy and righteous God.Jesus became the appeasement rather as we use the word propitiation.

The bread and wine really is also significant of the fact that JESUS Himself was sin on that CROSS,suffering for our horrible sin natures.How can we fathom such? By when we partake of the elements of Communion we barely understand the magnitude of the mystery of Jesus being the only sacrifice that once and for all appeases the Father from destroying the whole world which is set on a course to Hell,not Heaven.

No longer can an animal sacrifice suffice,it is only through JESUS,and He knowing our limited scope of the vastness of His Father and the abomination of sin,shares His body and blood in the form of bread and wine.We barely touch the surface of what Jesus accomplished at Calvary .

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Pad wrote:
Communion for us brings out the reality of what Jesus suffered as the L a m b,His submission.When we partake of bread and the juice(wine as in the Scriptures),we consider the humanity of Christ,His flesh and blood,first of all respecting totally His reality as the Incarnate Christ,who IS MAN through the Virgin Birth.
Jesus did not die on the Cross basically as God,but as Man,as a sacrifice replacing the Lamb(animal sacrifice).If we see Jesus dying as God,we fail to see the magnitude of His humanity,and becoming sin for us.The Lamb became the sin offering for the Jewish people,as a holy appeasement before the Living God.Nothing was more precious in the sight of God than the Jewish sacrifice of the Lamb every passover.God's whole and dignified wrath against a rebellious people was held back,by that innocent and precious lamb offered every year.
Jesus being that substitute for the L a m b,was really unknown to the Jewish people,that is they did not sacrifice Jesus with the knowledge of what He was before His Father.The Jews did not see the killing or crucifixion of Christ as a sacrifice.But in the sight of the Father HE was a holy and innocent and complete sacrifice,the FINAL one,never to be repeated again by Jesus,HE said "IT is Finished""It is accomplished" "It is Completed".
That mystery is first for the JEW,than the gentile.It is for the Jew to understand why God chose His only begotten Son to lay down His life freely for the most greatest detriment to human kind S I N. Continued:
~~~

PAD

I always appreciate your post...

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS...

to me... COMMUNION STIRS A REMEMBRANCE IN MY OWN HEART....OF AN EVENT THAT

NO HUMAN BEING ...THAT EXIST CAN EVER RELATE TO OR ..COMPREHEND..OR PORTRAY

==>IT IS WHEN ...

Isa 53:6 ....==>THE LORD HATH LAID ON HIM/JESUS CHRIST..THE INIQUITY OF US ALL.

HE EXONERATED/FORGAVE/AND FORGETS....THE SINS...OF ALL ...BEFORE THEY

EVER MADE THE DECISION...

TO RECEIVE ...GOD'S FREE GIFT OF SALVATION .

AN ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS ....

Rom 10:9 That if thou/WE shalt confess with thy/OUR mouth/S the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine/OUR heart/S

that God hath raised him /JESUS from the dead, thou/WE ARE... shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Does the 'bread' of the eucharist look like bread, or does it look like flesh? Does the 'bread' of the
eucharist feel like bread, or does it feel like flesh? Does the 'bread' taste like bread or does it taste like flesh? If the bread of the eucharist were left out would it rot, or is it incorruptible?
What of the 'wine'? Does it look like wine, or does it chage appearence to look like blood? Does it still smell like wine? Does it taste like wine? Does it not taste like wine? If you were to consume to much would it intoxicate?
And yet you want to lay aside ALL evidence and reality to believe the unbiblical principle taught by your 'church'.
Never in all of the bible did Jesus perform a miracle in which there was not positive evidence that a miracle had taken place. Why does the RCC teach that this is an exception?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck and feels like a duck and tastes like a duck, it is most assuredly a duck.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There are no substance that exist in the galaxy that is more powerful than the word' of God...
Faith is the foundational substance that activates God's word in out lives..
~~~
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Heb 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
___
THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY HIS FAITH IN GOD'S WORD..
IT IS SAID OF ABRAHAM (the father of faith )
Rom 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
Rom 4:19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb:
Rom 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he/GOD had promised, he was able also to perform.
Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him/ABRAHAM for righteousness.
NOTE
Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
Rom 4:24 ==> But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;<==
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
___
Rom_1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Gal_3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Heb_10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
___
GOD'S WORD is the FOUNDATION ....THAT FAITH IS BUILT UPON....
FAITH CAN ONLY BE FOUNDED IN GOD'S WORD...
WE HAVE CONFIDENCE IN SECULAR/EARTHLY THINGS,
BUT FAITH IS THE EPITOME OF THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION.
The Apostle Paul wrote
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Jesus said
Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:
-->the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
It is the fool that denies the word of God...
Psa_14:1 , A Psalm of David.
==>The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
~~~
To hate God's word is but to hate Jesus...
Jesus is the word of God made flesh...
Joh_1:14 -->And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Amen Amen Praise The Lord.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••