Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,866)

Showing posts 397,301 - 397,320 of511,642
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412272
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, you spend an inordinate amount of time and effort focused on child sex. I think you need some serious help.
I understand your bitterness in attacking the messenger.

It strikes at the heart of the RCC's claim -- which was the reason for the cover-up in the first place.

In view of what Jesus said about those who harm children...

... how do you defend the notion that Jesus would NOT have banished any Apostle --- if they raped a young child, or had known of the abuse but said nothing -- thus facilitating the continued abuse of a young child who was only a camp follower in order to hear Jesus.

You have no choice but to argue that Jesus would have allowed such behavior among His Apostles.

By their own actions -- Vatican leadership and two vicars say Jesus would have tolerated such behavior.

And you call me names for pointing this out! Thank you :o)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412273
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No sir, your honor. I do not believe that you should give me jail time!

Why not?

Cause black men have done it. Cause Chinese men have done it. Cause Canadian men have done it. Cause African men have done it. Cause Indian men have done it. Cause Australian men have done it...

Oh, OK. You're free to go.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412274
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I still say that you are full of crap and reading bias reports; but for the moment, let's say that you are right. What does that do for your religion? If it is run by flawed humans and people are held to flawed dogma?
If a priest was found to have abused a child, what happened to him? How many other people knew what was going on? How many people knew that the priest was being transferred because he abuse children?
And if, like you tried to assert, all this happened so long ago, how high up does the cover up go? Did the last two popes know about it? Obviously, they did!
So, you are not one local school system, trying to avoid a law suit, you belong to a world wide cover up.
I remember back in the late 70's hearing about the catholic cover up. That means how many popes knew what was going on?!?
The catholic church is corrupt from the top down.
"full of crap" "biased reports". Ok, give me your reports that say these reports are wrong. Give me your reports showing that ANY pope knew a bishop was covering for a priest while it was happening.

"If it is run by flawed humans and people are held to flawed dogma?"

You're half right. Humans are flawed. The 'dogma' is not because it teaches AGAINST sex abuse. Duh.

"Did the last two popes know about it? Obviously, they did!"

Prove it.

"The catholic church is corrupt from the top down."

Now that's what I call biased. You should be thanking the Catholic Church for Western Civilization.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412275
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I still say that you are full of crap and reading bias reports; but for the moment, let's say that you are right. What does that do for your religion? If it is run by flawed humans and people are held to flawed dogma?
If a priest was found to have abused a child, what happened to him? How many other people knew what was going on? How many people knew that the priest was being transferred because he abuse children?
And if, like you tried to assert, all this happened so long ago, how high up does the cover up go? Did the last two popes know about it? Obviously, they did!
So, you are not one local school system, trying to avoid a law suit, you belong to a world wide cover up.
I remember back in the late 70's hearing about the catholic cover up. That means how many popes knew what was going on?!?
The catholic church is corrupt from the top down.
He and the Vatican leadership all agree. So it must be true.

Jesus doesn't care.(As witness, see Cardinal Law.)

There we have it. Another perfect moral teaching.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412276
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you insist on the, "Everyone else was doing it.", defense?
If you really believe in a god and judgment day, I suggest that you don't try that bs defense.
There's no "everyone else is doing it" defense here. We've said all along that the guilty sicko priests should go to prison along with the bishops who purposely covered up. Make no mistake, the perp priests will get theirs in the end if they didn't repent.

But thanks for your advice, I'll be sure not to try it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412277
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your bitterness in attacking the messenger.
It strikes at the heart of the RCC's claim -- which was the reason for the cover-up in the first place.
In view of what Jesus said about those who harm children...
... how do you defend the notion that Jesus would NOT have banished any Apostle --- if they raped a young child, or had known of the abuse but said nothing -- thus facilitating the continued abuse of a young child who was only a camp follower in order to hear Jesus.
You have no choice but to argue that Jesus would have allowed such behavior among His Apostles.
By their own actions -- Vatican leadership and two vicars say Jesus would have tolerated such behavior.
And you call me names for pointing this out! Thank you :o)
I'm not calling you any names, I just concerned about those around you based on your obvious obssession with child sex.

I suggest you read the bible, or Jefferson's abridged version anyway, and see how Jesus dealt with sinners. That would be a good start.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412278
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TheBlackSheep wrote:
No sir, your honor. I do not believe that you should give me jail time!
Why not?
Cause black men have done it. Cause Chinese men have done it. Cause Canadian men have done it. Cause African men have done it. Cause Indian men have done it. Cause Australian men have done it...
Oh, OK. You're free to go.
A good post that speaks directly to the title of this board.

"Waaaaaa, everybody else does it." Catholics here say their god has no higher standards for his "bride."

I am here to defend Jesus against such charges.

On behalf of Jesus, I thank you.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412279
Dec 29, 2012
 
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no "everyone else is doing it" defense here. We've said all along that the guilty sicko priests should go to prison along with the bishops who purposely covered up. Make no mistake, the perp priests will get theirs in the end if they didn't repent.
But thanks for your advice, I'll be sure not to try it.
No?

(I won't tell :o)

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412280
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right jethro I agree.
Man has crawled into a box of religion, and now they are trapped there.
Instead of sticking to the gospel that Jesus preached, they have created a tradition of man made religious doctrine. It has nothing to do with Christ, Jethro .
The catholic faith has built a man made institution, built on the teachings of corrupted greedy blood thirst men.
If I agreed with the catholic doctrine, I would be saying to people it is ok if they robbed, tortured, and murdered millions of people, its ok if the priest and nuns raped and beat little children, its ok if the POPE lied about it.
How anyone can sit in such a vile evil place and call it the only true church of Christ is mind boggling.
you can't blame the followers of the church LT,after all they had no idea what was going on,everything is done behind closed doors,they got away with a lot of things but now thanks you courageous people who have stepped forward and spoke out against the church,the truth is coming to light,it's far more sinister than we knew of,and yes i don't understand how people with or wothout children can attend a church that has committed thw worst sin possible can sit there and listen to the lies coming out of the mouths of priests.i'm just very very glad i was not indoctrinated into the church of evil doings. my mother was a smart woman and did not fall for the trappings of organized religion,she relied on her bible for truth and comfort,we were never forced to believe in any group at all,just the bible.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412281
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not calling you any names, I just concerned about those around you based on your obvious obssession with child sex.
I suggest you read the bible, or Jefferson's abridged version anyway, and see how Jesus dealt with sinners. That would be a good start.
Here's a good start on Morals 101....

#1: Facilitating child abuse is immoral, even if not technically illegal.

No matter what you say, I will continue to say Jesus would NOT allow a child-abuser or child-abuse facilitator to remain as an Apostle.

Your church says differently (see Cardinal Law).

I am glad you call me sick for disagreeing with your church. I am honored. Thank you.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412282
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ReginaM wrote:
If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517.
If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.
If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.
If you are a Protestant Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England founded by Samuel Seabury in the American colonies in the 17th century.
If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.
If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.
If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.
If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.
If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.
If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.
If you are a member of the Churches of Christ your church began near the beginning of the 19th century in New England. Abner Jones, Barton Stone and Alexander Campbell were some of the most well known originators of your religion.
If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.
If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.
If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as "Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel," "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past century.
If you are a Seventh Day Adventist, Mrs. Ellen Gould White inaugurated your group in 1860.
If you are a believer at the Vineyard Chrstian Fellowship, your denomination was started by Ken Guillickson and Keith Green in Santa Monica, California in 1974.
If you are a member of Calvary Chapel, Chuck Smith began your congregation in Costa Mesa, California in 1975.
If you are Catholic, you know that your church was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.
http://www.fatherpeffley.org/docs/HowOld.pdf
If you are Catholic, you know that your church was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.
JETHRO:this like the other churches is a lie,show me where jesus states he is catholic and started the catholic church? for that matter any of the other churches you mentioned? again i ask the question why would he build his church in a country he has never been to, and enslaved his people,beat and tortured them? stole the scriptures from them, does that make sense to you?? if anything he should be destroying the church and restoring the scriptures to their rightful owners "everyone". the catholic church being the true church is as funny as a new york farmer starting the true church.
XXX13

Cedar Rapids, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412283
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican"

Baloney! They are at the top of the list of evil cults followed by Islam.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412284
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the fish hat worn by the pope,rings,crosses,phalysis used at st. peters basilica,garbs worn by priests all come from paganism,the birth of jesus is not dec. 25th so how can they use a false date? all religious dates are meaningless, the church is suppose to be a place of honesty,love guidance,reassurance,but the opposite is true. lets reverse this what does the church NOT use that is pagan oriented??
Some people throw the Paganism accusation at the Church out of paranoia. Others throw it out of ignorance. Ironically , they do it while wearing a wedding ring (wedding rings are of Pagan origin)
The fact is: Catholics worship The One True God of Abraham and Jesus Christ - savior of the world. It really don't matter what we are wearing. God is not particularly picky about fashion.

Our Priests wear robes during the Mass. Do you also have a problem with Jewish Rabbis who wear similar attire?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412285
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a good start on Morals 101....
#1: Facilitating child abuse is immoral, even if not technically illegal.
No matter what you say, I will continue to say Jesus would NOT allow a child-abuser or child-abuse facilitator to remain as an Apostle.
Your church says differently (see Cardinal Law).
I am glad you call me sick for disagreeing with your church. I am honored. Thank you.
Jesus built His Church on a guy who denied Him. Jesus knows we will all sin, what's important is whether we repent.

Have a nice day.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412286
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>If you are Catholic, you know that your church was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.
JETHRO:this like the other churches is a lie,show me where jesus states he is catholic and started the catholic church? for that matter any of the other churches you mentioned? again i ask the question why would he build his church in a country he has never been to, and enslaved his people,beat and tortured them? stole the scriptures from them, does that make sense to you?? if anything he should be destroying the church and restoring the scriptures to their rightful owners "everyone". the catholic church being the true church is as funny as a new york farmer starting the true church.
About 70 yrs after Christ died, Christians began calling themselves Catholic. Rome quickly became the headquarters.
These are facts Jethro.

If the Catholic Church is not the one started by Christ and not the true Church, then who is? Why?
If you say its Confrints Pentecostal community, I'm going to spit my beer over the floor.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412287
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Satan would still count people as members - who haven't been to Satan's RCC church in over 40 years.
If one does NOT want to be formerly counted, one must file a form and pay Satan money.
http://www.examiner.com/article/website-aids-...
I don't want to be counted, but I also refuse to pay money to an organization which enables child abuse at orphanages.
".... created his website partly because of anger about the way the church covered-up or downplayed sexual abuse occurring in Catholic orphanages, boarding schools and seminaries."
The Catholic Satan worshipers here don't care about deeds, they only care about words -- exactly the opposite of what Jesus preached.
They say it's all the media's fault. In a sense it is.
Because for over 1500 years before the mass media, children had no recourse, except to be quietly raped and abused by RCC Priests.
actually not a word but a sentence "how much did we make today$$$"
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412288
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah yeah. Your catholic faith is this. your catholic faith is that.
Instead of relying on 100% propaganda, slander and ignorance to spread your stuff LTM. Why don't you produce some facts to make your point.
Bearing false witness is the only way your religion can exist.
I guess you don't believe the account of history , about the catholic church eh.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412289
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dinner time talk later bye bye.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412290
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't believe the account of history , about the catholic church eh.
talking about the darkside of the church is forbidden.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412291
Dec 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the fish hat worn by the pope,rings,crosses,phalysis used at st. peters basilica,garbs worn by priests all come from paganism,the birth of jesus is not dec. 25th so how can they use a false date? all religious dates are meaningless, the church is suppose to be a place of honesty,love guidance,reassurance,but the opposite is true. lets reverse this what does the church NOT use that is pagan oriented??
I had read one reason the early Church Bishops put on their hats and robes (way before Constantine btw) was because they wished to be identified when the Roman soldiers stormed the meeting place of the Mass.
Christ is the good shepherd who lays His life down for the sheep. To be a Bishop pre Constantine meant certain death. The Bishops were arrested and executed. The hats and robes quickly identified them so no lay people would be taken away.
Confrint would run out the back door.. just saying..

anyway,
I'll try and find a link later.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 397,301 - 397,320 of511,642
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Scales Off 7,630
Greek Orthodox prelates denounce Catholicism as... 8 hr Joseph Paskudnok 2
Anglican priest ordained to Catholic priesthood... Mon Highchurchman 5
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Apr 12 ELIAS IBARRA 17
Krakow prays to its saint John Paul II Apr 12 Clear Dharma 5
Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims Apr 10 Silent Crusader 4
Pope Presses Anti-AIDS Chastity Strategy in Africa Apr 8 Atheist Silurist 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••