Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
397,301 - 397,320 of 532,937 Comments Last updated 51 min ago
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

All evidence from the Bible says....

... Jesus would NOT ALLOW an Apostle to remain in the fold, if that Apostle had raped a child who had come to hear Jesus.

Catholics say Jesus would be far more tolerant of child rapists.

Baloney!!!

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I always wondered about your theory on the compilation of the Bible. How did it come to be?
When was it declared the only source of info on Christianity?
Exactly. Run away you coward. You have no answer. You probably ban computers from your compound so your congregation can't look up the truth either.
So called confrint... does not know his Bible.

This is the only way he can keep his followers. By spreading lies.

Sad.

Happy 6th day of Christmas!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Scriptures belong to God. The Bible is for all people to all people from God .It is neither catholic or protestant.
I agree!
I'm just saying, if it were not for the first Christians called Catholics you would not have a bible. Be thankful that the Catholic kept the WORD alive for all those years before bibles were in circulation.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't that make you feel ashamed Regina, that Jethro knows the Holy Scripture and interprets it better then you and the other catholic's on here. You lay claim to the Bible being a catholic book yet are so illitate of the teachings of Jesus. Regina you are being taught by people who don't know either, or if they do they are hiding it from you.
To get a full understanding of who Jesus was and is you must read the Bible in full, cover to cover, and more then once.
Not directed at me, but just my 2 cents.

"There are some things in them (Epistles of St. Paul) hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other
Scriptures.
2 Peter 3:16'

The Church that Jesus started, is in a three year cycle of Scripture reading... This is why we know the Bible, every bit of it.
I have noticed that some protestant, have never heard of 'certain' verses that are in Scripture.
[like confrint, never heard the vers on Apostolic succession]

So no LTM the Church does not hide Scripture from us.
Early Christian heard the WORD at mass and we still do today.

A verse some have not seen in Scripture…..
regarding self interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20-21

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Must run...getting ready for evening mass.

Happy New Year!!!
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, even though we believe differently, I admire your faithful devotion to your church. I think you're a very good person. Happy holidays!
Why, thank you, Sheryl. A Blessed Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year to you, too!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us exactly which of my points are not correct? Ummm?
Be specific. Are you saying Jesus has no role in the election of His earthly vicar?
Obviously, you cannot refute a single fact I present, so you call names and claim I "don't understand," blah, blah.
It's simple. I say Jesus has standards. You say Jesus has none.
You say Jesus would have allowed a child-abuser to remain as an Apostle. I say that's absurd.
What is there to understand, besides your whining and denial?
you said, "so tell us exactly which of my points are not correct...be specific"

Then, 5 lines later you said "you say Jesus would have allowed a child abuser to remain an Apostle"

Um Free, now do you finally see why you're an idiot?
I respond to you to much as it is. And I'm sure other Catholics are annoyed that I feed the ideological troll.
So ...I'll leave on that note. Mercy Christmas. Happy New Year. and go Vikings.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
yes... But where does it say its the only thing?
What was Paul saying when he said,'Hold steadfast to your teachings, WHETHER BY WORD OF MOUTH OR LETTER?
why did Jesus wait 1500 yrs to reveal sola scripture to us?
It says 'thoroughly furnished'.

what does thoroughly furnished mean to you?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
I'm just saying, if it were not for the first Christians called Catholics you would not have a bible. Be thankful that the Catholic kept the WORD alive for all those years before bibles were in circulation.
It says the first followers of the Way(Jesus) were first called Christians at Antioch.

Nothing about 'catholics', and so sad you take credit for the Bible which you don't follow.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you said, "so tell us exactly which of my points are not correct...be specific"
Then, 5 lines later you said "you say Jesus would have allowed a child abuser to remain an Apostle"
Um Free, now do you finally see why you're an idiot?
I respond to you to much as it is. And I'm sure other Catholics are annoyed that I feed the ideological troll.
So ...I'll leave on that note. Mercy Christmas. Happy New Year. and go Vikings.

Thank you for being specific.

Your church claims -- through its actions -- that Jesus had no problem with so many Apostolic Successors looking the other way as Priests in their diocese were accused of child sex abuse.

If this was guided by Jesus, then obviously -- you say Jesus would have allowed a child abuser to remain an Apostle.

You cannot claim to be Jesus' "one true and only guided church," yet not act the role.

If your church is guided by Jesus, then it does Jesus' Will.

Yes or no?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't that make you feel ashamed Regina, that Jethro knows the Holy Scripture and interprets it better then you and the other catholic's on here. You lay claim to the Bible being a catholic book yet are so illitate of the teachings of Jesus. Regina you are being taught by people who don't know either, or if they do they are hiding it from you.
To get a full understanding of who Jesus was and is you must read the Bible in full, cover to cover, and more then once.
Alternate readings for today, The Feast of the Holy Family:

1Sm 1:20-22, 24-28
In those days Hannah conceived, and at the end of her term bore a son
whom she called Samuel, since she had asked the LORD for him.
The next time her husband Elkanah was going up
with the rest of his household
to offer the customary sacrifice to the LORD and to fulfill his vows,
Hannah did not go, explaining to her husband,
"Once the child is weaned,
I will take him to appear before the LORD
and to remain there forever;
I will offer him as a perpetual nazirite."

Once Samuel was weaned, Hannah brought him up with her,
along with a three-year-old bull,
an ephah of flour, and a skin of wine,
and presented him at the temple of the LORD in Shiloh.
After the boy's father had sacrificed the young bull,
Hannah, his mother, approached Eli and said:
"Pardon, my lord!
As you live, my lord,
I am the woman who stood near you here, praying to the LORD.
I prayed for this child, and the LORD granted my request.
Now I, in turn, give him to the LORD;
as long as he lives, he shall be dedicated to the LORD."
Hannah left Samuel there.

Ps 84:2-3, 5-6, 9-10.
R.(cf. 5a) Blessed are they who dwell in your house, O Lord.
How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts!
My soul yearns and pines for the courts of the LORD.
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
R. Blessed are they who dwell in your house, O Lord.
Happy they who dwell in your house!
Continually they praise you.
Happy the men whose strength you are!
Their hearts are set upon the pilgrimage.
O LORD of hosts, hear our prayer;
hearken, O God of Jacob!
O God, behold our shield,
and look upon the face of your anointed.

1 Jn 3:1-2, 21-24
Beloved:
See what love the Father has bestowed on us
that we may be called the children of God.
And so we are.
THE REASON THE WORLD DOES NOT KNOW US
IS THAT IT DID NOT KNOW HIM.
Beloved, we are God's children now;
what we shall be has not yet been revealed.
We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him,
for we shall see him as he is.

Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us,
we have confidence in God and receive from him whatever we ask,
because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.
And his commandment is this:
we should believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ,
and love one another just as he commanded us.
Those who keep his commandments remain in him, and he in them,
and the way we know that he remains in us
is from the Spirit he gave us.

The Gospel reading from Luke 2:41-52 remains the same.

I'd suggest you read and meditate upon them if someone can lend you a bible. 1 John 3:1 is particularly relevant to Catholics as we've always been reviled by the world.

And don't forget, Christmas does not end until after vespers on January 13! We'll be making King Cakes in honor of the visit of the Magi to the Baby Jesus on January 6!
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

If as church claims to be guided by Jesus....

... then we can assume that that church's actions are the Will of Jesus.

If not, then the church's claim of guidance by Jesus is absurd.

Question: Why do Catholics whine and complain that this assumption is wrong?

Please explain why Jesus would guide His supposed church in a manner contrary to His own Will?
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

1... FACT: Jesus did not guide any church into a decades-long cover-up of child sex-abuse.

2... Proof: Jesus does not guide the RCC.

3... To claim that Jesus guides the RCC is an attack on the character and morality of Jesus.
chuck

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What was Paul saying when he said,'Hold steadfast to your teachings, WHETHER BY WORD OF MOUTH OR LETTER?

Instruction in RIGHTEOUSNESS Clay.....INSTRUCTION in RIGHTEOUSNESS...what else do Christians need?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Commentary for the Readings in the Extraordinary Form:
Sunday in the Octave of the Nativity
"Behold, this Child is destined for the fall and for the rise of many in Israel" (Gospel).

This prophecy that Jesus is also "a sign that shall be contradicted," indicates what we, too, may expect as "sons of God"; yet it strengthens our hope, if we but place ourselves daily under Mary's care; then the last words of the Gospel may also be applied to us: "the Child grew and became strong...full of wisdom."

Yes, we are the "sons" and heirs" of God, Whom we can call "Father," because of "His Son, born of a woman," Mary (Epistle). Hence, Jesus, our Brother, actually "leapt down from heaven...with beauty...with strength" (Introit), to "direct our actions" in His "Name"(Prayer).

In the Gradual we offer our "good word" of gratitude for the final victory. Then we will realize that Antichrists "who sought the Child's life are dead" (Communion Verse).

Excerpted from My Sunday Missal, Confraternity of the Precious Blood

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait second...are you saying you have shown the CC is not the true Church through Apostolic succession?
How on Earth did you do that?
I'm going to guess you did it by slander, propaganda and ignorance. The three virtues of Protestantism.
i did it through catholic history,in order to have true devine apostolic succession a person must be chosen by holy people agree? well that's not how it was done in a few cases here's one. "POPE
Benedict IX, born Theophylactus of Tusculum, is known mainly for two things: 1) he held office on three separate occasions, and 2) he is the only pope who ever sold the papacy (to his own godfather, of all people).

Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son. With little actual training or preparation that qualified him to act as pontiff, Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome.

Benedict managed to regain his throne, but then – surprise, surprise!– he was sidetracked by a prospective marriage (to his cousin) and sold the papal chair for a significant amount of money to his godfather, a priest who named himself Pope Gregory VI. His later repentance and attempt to resume his position created quite a controversy, forcing the German King Henry III to intervene. Benedict was subsequently excommunicated from the church.

“His life as a pope,” wrote Pope Victor III,“was so vile, so foul, so execrable, that I shudder to think of it.”

JETHRO:take note " his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son." jethro: this suggests the chair was obviously bought for him,so how can you have true succession? it's a joke.
chuck

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Righteous means free from guilt or sin which is given by God. The Bible says it can train us in RIGHTEOUSNESS and your argument is where does it say it's the only thing ....really Clay??

You are caught up in keeping your man made rules.....

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
1... FACT: Jesus did not guide any church into a decades-long cover-up of child sex-abuse. 2... Proof: Jesus does not guide the RCC. 3... To claim that Jesus guides the RCC is an attack on the character and morality of Jesus.
decades?? try centuries, Pope Julius III (1487 – 1555)had a child lover,he adopted him as his nephew to make it look good, but truth is he was his bed time boy.the boys name was
Innocenzo.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what. You give me chapter and verse that says the books of the New Testament are all that's revealed about Jesus and His teaching.
fool.
Why don't you tell us what you know about Jesus and His teachings APART from the scriptures. And perhaps you might at least act like a christian and cease with the childish name calling.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

The New Testament records the history of the church from approximately A.D. 30 to approximately A.D. 90. In the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th centuries, history records several Roman Catholic doctrines and practices among early Christians. Is it not logical that the earliest Christians would be more likely to understand what the Apostles truly meant? Yes, it is logical, but there is one problem. Christians in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th centuries were not the earliest Christians. Again, the New Testament records the doctrine and practice of the earliest Christians…and, the New Testament does not teach Roman Catholicism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Hebrewsunite 8,181
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Sat Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••