Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,415
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#412388 Dec 30, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people forget that Christianity did not originate in Europe and even express surprise when they learn that Black Catholic History began in the Acts of the Apostles (8: 26-40) with the conversion of the Ethiopian Eunuch by Philip the Deacon.
Who are these people that you speak of? Anyone who has read the bible, knew that the writers of the bible had no problem with blacks! Of course, the Jews were not supposed to marry them, but if they were convinced that they converted, then it would be OK.

It is the mostly Northern Europeans and White America who thought that blacks were less than human.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#412389 Dec 30, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the RCC claims that Jesus honors bribery and nepotism.
But whining and claiming I lie doesn't change very simple facts.
1... The RCC claims the election of the Pope is guided by Jesus.
Therefore, you say Jesus OK's bribery and nepotism.
2... Apostolic succession is the method whereby the ministry of the Catholic Church is held to be derived from the apostles by a continuous succession.
Thus, you say that Jesus has no standards for this ministry. Again, bribery and nepotism are OK with Jesus. You even claim Jesus would tolerate child abuse within this ministry.
That's sick.
Why do you claim Jesus has such low standards?
I've seen people take the time and explain the Churchs position to you, over and over and over.

A Catholic Priest took the time to answer your embarrassingly stupid questions. Every Catholic on here sets you straight everyday.

For what? It does no good. You know what our answer will be. You know by now what the Church ACTUALLY believes and teaches. You only exist on here because you practice slander and preach propaganda.
Your mind is free alright...free of important brain matter.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#412390 Dec 30, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait second...are you saying you have shown the CC is not the true Church through Apostolic succession?
How on Earth did you do that?
I'm going to guess you did it by slander, propaganda and ignorance. The three virtues of Protestantism.
~~~

Please give Chapter and Verse for THE alleged APOSTOLIC SUCCESSION..

From what I understand ...It was supposed to have started with the

Apostle Peter..

Since Peter was not of the tribe of Levi and apparently not of the

tribe of Judah ( a descendent of David)... JUST WHERE WOULD HE FIT IN

THE USURPATION OF THE DYNASTY OF David...BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

PETER BEING A JEW AND THE REST OF THE POPES GENTILES...?

IT JUST DOES NOT WASH...

JAMES THE BROTHER OF JESUS WOULD HAVE BEEN NEXT IN LINE TO THE THRONE OF DAVID.....since he was King Davids descendent...

( JESUS WAS CALLED THE SON OF DAVID)

THE PAPAL SUCCESSORS THEN...WOULD HAVE HAD TO HAVE BEEN JEWS...

AND DESCENDENTS OF DAVID...TO ESTABLISH THE PHYSICAL DYNASTY IN Jerusalem...NOT ROME ITALY.

THE SPIRITUAL THRONE OF DAVID THROUGH JESUS CHRIST IS NOT AN EARTHLY DYNASTY..

IT IS A SPIRITUAL KINGDOM ESTABLISHED IN THE HEARTS OF ALL BELIEVERS IN JESUS CHRIST ..THAT HE IS THE SON OF GOD .

JESUS OWN WORDS WERE...

Joh_18:36 Jesus answered,

==> My kingdom is not of this world: <==

if my kingdom were of this world,
then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

WHY DO YOU AND THE REST OF THE ROMAN CATHOLICS WORK SO

FEVERISHLY TO MAKE JESUS OUT TO BE A LIAR??

ACCORDING TO JESUS ...HERE.. ANY PHYSICAL KINGDOM ESTABLISHED UPON THE EARTH...IS BOGUS..

If you are the servants of JESUS CHRIST..why do you fight for Rome
(that ultimately crucified Him)

instead fighting the good fight of faith, for the SPIRITUAL KINGDOM OF GOD.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#412391 Dec 30, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
Scripture tells us practically nothing about the first years and the boyhood of the Child Jesus. All we know are the facts of the sojourn in Egypt, the return to Nazareth, and the incidents that occurred when the twelve-year-old boy accompanied his parents to Jerusalem. In her liturgy the Church hurries over this period of Christ's life with equal brevity. The general breakdown of the family, however, at the end of the past century and at the beginning of our own, prompted the popes, especially the far-sighted Leo XIII, to promote the observance of this feast with the hope that it might instill into Christian families something of the faithful love and the devoted attachment that characterize the family of Nazareth. The primary purpose of the Church in instituting and promoting this feast is to present the Holy Family as the model and exemplar of all Christian families.
— Excerpted from With Christ Through the Year, Rev. Bernard Strasser, O.S.B.
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturg...
Regina, even though we believe differently, I admire your faithful devotion to your church. I think you're a very good person. Happy holidays!
Clay

United States

#412392 Dec 30, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I'll tell you what. You give me chapter and verse that says the books of the New Testament are all that's revealed about Jesus and His teaching.
fool.
Clay

United States

#412393 Dec 30, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Apostle Peter..
Since Peter was not of the tribe of Levi and apparently not of the
tribe of Judah ( a descendent of David)... JUST WHERE WOULD HE FIT IN
THE USURPATION OF THE DYNASTY OF David...BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
PETER BEING A JEW AND THE REST OF THE POPES GENTILES...?
IT JUST DOES NOT WASH...
JAMES THE BROTHER OF JESUS WOULD HAVE BEEN NEXT IN LINE TO THE THRONE OF DAVID.....since he was King Davids descendent...
( JESUS WAS CALLED THE SON OF DAVID)
THE PAPAL SUCCESSORS THEN...WOULD HAVE HAD TO HAVE BEEN JEWS...
AND DESCENDENTS OF DAVID...TO ESTABLISH THE PHYSICAL DYNASTY IN Jerusalem...NOT ROME ITALY.
THE SPIRITUAL THRONE OF DAVID THROUGH JESUS CHRIST IS NOT AN EARTHLY DYNASTY..
IT IS A SPIRITUAL KINGDOM ESTABLISHED IN THE HEARTS OF ALL BELIEVERS IN JESUS CHRIST ..THAT HE IS THE SON OF GOD .
JESUS OWN WORDS WERE...
Joh_18:36 Jesus answered,
==> My kingdom is not of this world: <==
if my kingdom were of this world,
then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
WHY DO YOU AND THE REST OF THE ROMAN CATHOLICS WORK SO
FEVERISHLY TO MAKE JESUS OUT TO BE A LIAR??
ACCORDING TO JESUS ...HERE.. ANY PHYSICAL KINGDOM ESTABLISHED UPON THE EARTH...IS BOGUS..
If you are the servants of JESUS CHRIST..why do you fight for Rome
(that ultimately crucified Him)
instead fighting the good fight of faith, for the SPIRITUAL KINGDOM OF GOD.
I always wondered about your theory on the compilation of the Bible. How did it come to be?
When was it declared the only source of info on Christianity?
Exactly. Run away you coward. You have no answer. You probably ban computers from your compound so your congregation can't look up the truth either.
marge

Ames, IA

#412394 Dec 30, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what. You give me chapter and verse that says the books of the New Testament are all that's revealed about Jesus and His teaching.
fool.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Its all one needs to be perfect, Clay, of course one needs to be reborn from above then we can follow the Word.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#412395 Dec 30, 2012
YAWN !!!!!
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412396 Dec 30, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen people take the time and explain the Churchs position to you, over and over and over.
A Catholic Priest took the time to answer your embarrassingly stupid questions. Every Catholic on here sets you straight everyday.
For what? It does no good. You know what our answer will be. You know by now what the Church ACTUALLY believes and teaches. You only exist on here because you practice slander and preach propaganda.
Your mind is free alright...free of important brain matter.
So tell us exactly which of my points are not correct? Ummm?

Be specific. Are you saying Jesus has no role in the election of His earthly vicar?

Obviously, you cannot refute a single fact I present, so you call names and claim I "don't understand," blah, blah.

It's simple. I say Jesus has standards. You say Jesus has none.

You say Jesus would have allowed a child-abuser to remain as an Apostle. I say that's absurd.

What is there to understand, besides your whining and denial?
Star

Whittier, CA

#412397 Dec 30, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Apostle Peter..
Apostolic succession

Acts 1: 20-26 Matthias chosen to Replace Judas” This is Apostolic succession.

20 “For,” said Peter,“it is written in the Book of Psalms:

“‘May his place be deserted;
let there be no one to dwell in it,’[c]

and,

“‘May another take his place of leadership.’[d]

21 Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole

time the Lord Jesus was living among us, 22 beginning from John’s baptism to the time

when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his

resurrection.”

23 So they nominated two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24 Then they prayed,

“Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two you

have chosen 25 to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas

left to go where he belongs.” 26 Then they cast lots, and the lot

fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.
Clay

United States

#412398 Dec 30, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Its all one needs to be perfect, Clay, of course one needs to be reborn from above then we can follow the Word.
yes... But where does it say its the only thing?

What was Paul saying when he said,'Hold steadfast to your teachings, WHETHER BY WORD OF MOUTH OR LETTER?
why did Jesus wait 1500 yrs to reveal sola scripture to us?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412399 Dec 30, 2012
All evidence from the Bible says....

... Jesus would NOT ALLOW an Apostle to remain in the fold, if that Apostle had raped a child who had come to hear Jesus.

Catholics say Jesus would be far more tolerant of child rapists.

Baloney!!!

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#412400 Dec 30, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I always wondered about your theory on the compilation of the Bible. How did it come to be?
When was it declared the only source of info on Christianity?
Exactly. Run away you coward. You have no answer. You probably ban computers from your compound so your congregation can't look up the truth either.
So called confrint... does not know his Bible.

This is the only way he can keep his followers. By spreading lies.

Sad.

Happy 6th day of Christmas!!

#412401 Dec 30, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Scriptures belong to God. The Bible is for all people to all people from God .It is neither catholic or protestant.
I agree!
I'm just saying, if it were not for the first Christians called Catholics you would not have a bible. Be thankful that the Catholic kept the WORD alive for all those years before bibles were in circulation.

#412402 Dec 30, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't that make you feel ashamed Regina, that Jethro knows the Holy Scripture and interprets it better then you and the other catholic's on here. You lay claim to the Bible being a catholic book yet are so illitate of the teachings of Jesus. Regina you are being taught by people who don't know either, or if they do they are hiding it from you.
To get a full understanding of who Jesus was and is you must read the Bible in full, cover to cover, and more then once.
Not directed at me, but just my 2 cents.

"There are some things in them (Epistles of St. Paul) hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other
Scriptures.
2 Peter 3:16'

The Church that Jesus started, is in a three year cycle of Scripture reading... This is why we know the Bible, every bit of it.
I have noticed that some protestant, have never heard of 'certain' verses that are in Scripture.
[like confrint, never heard the vers on Apostolic succession]

So no LTM the Church does not hide Scripture from us.
Early Christian heard the WORD at mass and we still do today.

A verse some have not seen in Scripture…..
regarding self interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20-21

#412403 Dec 30, 2012
Must run...getting ready for evening mass.

Happy New Year!!!
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412404 Dec 30, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, even though we believe differently, I admire your faithful devotion to your church. I think you're a very good person. Happy holidays!
Why, thank you, Sheryl. A Blessed Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year to you, too!
Clay

United States

#412405 Dec 30, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us exactly which of my points are not correct? Ummm?
Be specific. Are you saying Jesus has no role in the election of His earthly vicar?
Obviously, you cannot refute a single fact I present, so you call names and claim I "don't understand," blah, blah.
It's simple. I say Jesus has standards. You say Jesus has none.
You say Jesus would have allowed a child-abuser to remain as an Apostle. I say that's absurd.
What is there to understand, besides your whining and denial?
you said, "so tell us exactly which of my points are not correct...be specific"

Then, 5 lines later you said "you say Jesus would have allowed a child abuser to remain an Apostle"

Um Free, now do you finally see why you're an idiot?
I respond to you to much as it is. And I'm sure other Catholics are annoyed that I feed the ideological troll.
So ...I'll leave on that note. Mercy Christmas. Happy New Year. and go Vikings.
marge

Ames, IA

#412406 Dec 30, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
yes... But where does it say its the only thing?
What was Paul saying when he said,'Hold steadfast to your teachings, WHETHER BY WORD OF MOUTH OR LETTER?
why did Jesus wait 1500 yrs to reveal sola scripture to us?
It says 'thoroughly furnished'.

what does thoroughly furnished mean to you?
marge

Ames, IA

#412407 Dec 30, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
I'm just saying, if it were not for the first Christians called Catholics you would not have a bible. Be thankful that the Catholic kept the WORD alive for all those years before bibles were in circulation.
It says the first followers of the Way(Jesus) were first called Christians at Antioch.

Nothing about 'catholics', and so sad you take credit for the Bible which you don't follow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 1 hr Belle Sexton 11
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr In Question 8,510
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE