Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,057
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#412258 Dec 29, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
From St. Justin Martyr
"We have been taught that Christ is the first-begotten of God, and we have declared him to be the Logos of which all mankind partakes [John 1:9]. Those, therefore, who lived according to reason [Greek, logos] were really Christians, even though they were thought to be atheists, such as, among the Greeks, Socrates, Heraclitus, and others like them.... Those who lived before Christ but did not live according to reason [logos] were wicked men, and enemies of Christ, and murderers of those who did live according to reason [logos], whereas those who lived then or who live now according to reason [logos] are Christians. Such as these can be confident and unafraid" (First Apology 46 [A.D. 151]).
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
Yeah, I have a question. How much did you have to smoke to buy into that?!?!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#412259 Dec 29, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
Per a Catholic Apostolic Successor, who Jesus supposedly uses to deliver himself to mankind.....
Murdered women deserved it.
"Children are left outside alone, homes are dirty, meals are served cold or are fast-food-like, clothing is filthy,"
"They [women] trigger the worst instincts, leading to violence and sexual abuse. They should do a self-examination and think: did we ask for it?"
This is Jesus' one and only guided church folks.
Wrong. The bishop is the successor, not the priest who was admonished by his bishop and volunteered to leave the priesthood.

You're a real chain yanker aren't you? Get help.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412260 Dec 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I would guess that upwards of 90% of your posts are about child sex abuse, crude jokes about sexial acts with priests, organizations that support child sex, etc. You have a problem. You should get some help.
What do Penn State, the catholic church and the boy scouts have in common?

They all tried to cover up a terrible crime.

As a group, they decided to cover up crimes against children.

Which, of the three mentioned, has taken responsibility for their actions?

Penn State, the only non-religious group.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412261 Dec 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I would guess that upwards of 90% of your posts are about child sex abuse, crude jokes about sexual acts with priests, organizations that support child sex, etc. You have a problem. You should get some help.
Nope, you only focus on that because you know deep inside -- like most normal humans -- that no worthy God would empower the Catholic Church and then allow such deeds in God's name.

It strikes at the heart of the RCC's claim -- which was the reason for the cover-up in the first place. DUH!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, if you wish to expand your horizons beyond abused children, I have posted links to other RCC absurdities today. Would you prefer to defend those instead?

Be my guest... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412262 Dec 29, 2012
Why would Jesus "one true" and solely guided church ---------- require diplomatic immunity?

And why would Jesus use someone like Bonito Mussolini to protect His supposed one-true church?

Ouch!!!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#412263 Dec 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing that, I have found, suggests that you are correct. Not only are the abuses not 'far less', they are not 'less', at all.
Your source is quite bias.
Now, with all that said, sex abuse is committed equally among the population; why do we pick on religious groups?
Simple, religious groups claim that they are guided by god, jesus, and or the holy spirit and that most others who do not buy into their specific beliefs, are damned to hell.
Other than Penn State, I know of no other, non-religious organization that has tried to cover up sex abuse. do you?
Yes, they are far less. No, my source is not biased, it uses statistics from organizations that are not tied to the Catholic Church. Yes, the public school systems are filled with teachers whose abuse goes un-reported.

From the link I provided;

Per the US Department of Education (biased ?) "nearly 9.6 percent of [public school] students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career."

"Hofstra University's Dr. Charol Shakeshaft(biased?), the author of the study, to opine in 2006, "[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem? The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."

Meanwhile, that same 2004 report cited an important study from the mid-1990s:

"In an early [1994] study of 225 cases of educator sexual abuse in New York, all of the accused had admitted to sexual abuse of a student but none of the abusers was reported to authorities."

The 1994 study also reported that only 1 percent of those abusive educators lost their license. In addition, most alarmingly, "25 percent received no consequence or were reprimanded informally and off-the-record. Nearly 39 percent chose to leave the district, most with positive recommendations or even retirement packages intact."

Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412264 Dec 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The bishop is the successor, not the priest who was admonished by his bishop and volunteered to leave the priesthood.
You're a real chain yanker aren't you? Get help.
OK, a successor-in-waiting --- a unique person whose supposed powers were bestowed directly by Jesus --- the powers that are supposed to validate the "one-true" claim.

I hope that clarifies.

Now, spin away :o)

This Priest is a reflection of his sick environment.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#412265 Dec 29, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you only focus on that because you know deep inside -- like most normal humans -- that no worthy God would empower the Catholic Church and then allow such deeds in God's name.
It strikes at the heart of the RCC's claim -- which was the reason for the cover-up in the first place. DUH!!!!!!!!!!
Of course, if you wish to expand your horizons beyond abused children, I have posted links to other RCC absurdities today. Would you prefer to defend those instead?
Be my guest... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yup, you spend an inordinate amount of time and effort focused on child sex. I think you need some serious help.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#412266 Dec 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What do Penn State, the catholic church and the boy scouts have in common?
They all tried to cover up a terrible crime.
As a group, they decided to cover up crimes against children.
Which, of the three mentioned, has taken responsibility for their actions?
Penn State, the only non-religious group.
There was no concerted effort to cover up.

From the 1950s through the 1970s, the Catholic Church, following the then-prevailing societal practice, sent suspected abusers to psychologists rather than calling the police.

In this respect, the Church was far from alone. When the Church was sending accused priests to psychological treatment, "the criminal justice system was doing the very same thing with convicted offenders sending them to treatment instead of prison."

"From the 1950's to the 1980's, these treatment-based interventions for sexual criminals were not only enormously prevalent in the United States, but surveys of ordinary citizens showed that they were enormously popular

"[T]he science of human sexuality and sexual offending is extraordinarily young. Virtually all of the information we utilize today regarding the treatment and supervision of sexual offenders has been discovered since 1985."
Dr. Monica Applewhite, Ph.D.

Yet in almost every media account, the media has failed to provide this important historical context that the Church was following the then-reigning advice of experts to send accused priests to treatment.

"No one would hold a brain surgeon to today's standard of care for professional decisions he made in 1970. Yet the decisions made in 1970 by Catholic bishops, who routinely consulted with mental health professionals about sick priests, are being judged by today's standards. Today, the confidence of the mental health community about the likelihood of curing sexual disorders is far less than it was in 1970."
L. Martin Nussbaum, "Changing the Rules" (America magazine, 2006)

Tragically, sending accused priests to treatment rather than reporting them to the police only resulted in a high rate of recidivism among those priests. According to the 2004 John Jay College report, 149 priests were "serial abusers" (10+ victims) and accounted for an alarming 26% of all of the abuse between 1950 and 2002.

Yet these 149 men represent only one-tenth of one percent of all priests who served in the Catholic Church in the United States between 1950 and 2002. Most accused priests (56%) have been the subject of only one allegation.

http://www.themediareport.com/fast-facts/
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#412267 Dec 29, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, a successor-in-waiting --- a unique person whose supposed powers were bestowed directly by Jesus --- the powers that are supposed to validate the "one-true" claim.
I hope that clarifies.
Now, spin away :o)
This Priest is a reflection of his sick environment.
Based on the number of child sex posts you make I would suggest you are something else "in waiting". I think your obssession with child sex is perhaps a reflection of your environment. What type of community do you live in? Are their bars over the windows?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#412268 Dec 29, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So how are our teachings Pagan?
And Jethro, Christmas on Dec 25th replaced the pagan Sun god festive. It didn't join it. Its a victory for Christianity.
What Pagan symbols does the CC use?
Finally, Sunday is the day the Lord rose from the dead. This day was set aside from very early on, as written by Justin Martyr.
the fish hat worn by the pope,rings,crosses,phalysis used at st. peters basilica,garbs worn by priests all come from paganism,the birth of jesus is not dec. 25th so how can they use a false date? all religious dates are meaningless, the church is suppose to be a place of honesty,love guidance,reassurance,but the opposite is true. lets reverse this what does the church NOT use that is pagan oriented??
Clay

United States

#412269 Dec 29, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No Clay you have been fooled, big time.
Your catholic faith is not in the gospel of Jesus its in man made teaching. Of all your past Popes who were evil men.
They were not happy just torturing the body, they had to go farther and rape and torture heart, body, mind, and soul.
I know I will never convince you of that, but it is the truth.
Yeah yeah yeah. Your catholic faith is this. your catholic faith is that.

Instead of relying on 100% propaganda, slander and ignorance to spread your stuff LTM. Why don't you produce some facts to make your point.
Bearing false witness is the only way your religion can exist.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412270 Dec 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are far less. No, my source is not biased, it uses statistics from organizations that are not tied to the Catholic Church. Yes, the public school systems are filled with teachers whose abuse goes un-reported.
From the link I provided;
Per the US Department of Education (biased ?) "nearly 9.6 percent of [public school] students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career."
"Hofstra University's Dr. Charol Shakeshaft(biased?), the author of the study, to opine in 2006, "[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem? The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."
Meanwhile, that same 2004 report cited an important study from the mid-1990s:
"In an early [1994] study of 225 cases of educator sexual abuse in New York, all of the accused had admitted to sexual abuse of a student but none of the abusers was reported to authorities."
The 1994 study also reported that only 1 percent of those abusive educators lost their license. In addition, most alarmingly, "25 percent received no consequence or were reprimanded informally and off-the-record. Nearly 39 percent chose to leave the district, most with positive recommendations or even retirement packages intact."
I still say that you are full of crap and reading bias reports; but for the moment, let's say that you are right. What does that do for your religion? If it is run by flawed humans and people are held to flawed dogma?

If a priest was found to have abused a child, what happened to him? How many other people knew what was going on? How many people knew that the priest was being transferred because he abuse children?

And if, like you tried to assert, all this happened so long ago, how high up does the cover up go? Did the last two popes know about it? Obviously, they did!

So, you are not one local school system, trying to avoid a law suit, you belong to a world wide cover up.

I remember back in the late 70's hearing about the catholic cover up. That means how many popes knew what was going on?!?

The catholic church is corrupt from the top down.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412271 Dec 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>In this respect, the Church was far from alone.
Why do you insist on the, "Everyone else was doing it.", defense?

If you really believe in a god and judgment day, I suggest that you don't try that bs defense.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412272 Dec 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, you spend an inordinate amount of time and effort focused on child sex. I think you need some serious help.
I understand your bitterness in attacking the messenger.

It strikes at the heart of the RCC's claim -- which was the reason for the cover-up in the first place.

In view of what Jesus said about those who harm children...

... how do you defend the notion that Jesus would NOT have banished any Apostle --- if they raped a young child, or had known of the abuse but said nothing -- thus facilitating the continued abuse of a young child who was only a camp follower in order to hear Jesus.

You have no choice but to argue that Jesus would have allowed such behavior among His Apostles.

By their own actions -- Vatican leadership and two vicars say Jesus would have tolerated such behavior.

And you call me names for pointing this out! Thank you :o)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#412273 Dec 29, 2012
No sir, your honor. I do not believe that you should give me jail time!

Why not?

Cause black men have done it. Cause Chinese men have done it. Cause Canadian men have done it. Cause African men have done it. Cause Indian men have done it. Cause Australian men have done it...

Oh, OK. You're free to go.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#412274 Dec 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I still say that you are full of crap and reading bias reports; but for the moment, let's say that you are right. What does that do for your religion? If it is run by flawed humans and people are held to flawed dogma?
If a priest was found to have abused a child, what happened to him? How many other people knew what was going on? How many people knew that the priest was being transferred because he abuse children?
And if, like you tried to assert, all this happened so long ago, how high up does the cover up go? Did the last two popes know about it? Obviously, they did!
So, you are not one local school system, trying to avoid a law suit, you belong to a world wide cover up.
I remember back in the late 70's hearing about the catholic cover up. That means how many popes knew what was going on?!?
"full of crap" "biased reports". Ok, give me your reports that say these reports are wrong. Give me your reports showing that ANY pope knew a bishop was covering for a priest while it was happening.

"If it is run by flawed humans and people are held to flawed dogma?"

You're half right. Humans are flawed. The 'dogma' is not because it teaches AGAINST sex abuse. Duh.

"Did the last two popes know about it? Obviously, they did!"

Prove it.

"The catholic church is corrupt from the top down."

Now that's what I call biased. You should be thanking the Catholic Church for Western Civilization.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412275 Dec 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
He and the Vatican leadership all agree. So it must be true.

Jesus doesn't care.(As witness, see Cardinal Law.)

There we have it. Another perfect moral teaching.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#412276 Dec 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you insist on the, "Everyone else was doing it.", defense?
If you really believe in a god and judgment day, I suggest that you don't try that bs defense.
There's no "everyone else is doing it" defense here. We've said all along that the guilty sicko priests should go to prison along with the bishops who purposely covered up. Make no mistake, the perp priests will get theirs in the end if they didn't repent.

But thanks for your advice, I'll be sure not to try it.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#412277 Dec 29, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your bitterness in attacking the messenger.
It strikes at the heart of the RCC's claim -- which was the reason for the cover-up in the first place.
In view of what Jesus said about those who harm children...
... how do you defend the notion that Jesus would NOT have banished any Apostle --- if they raped a young child, or had known of the abuse but said nothing -- thus facilitating the continued abuse of a young child who was only a camp follower in order to hear Jesus.
You have no choice but to argue that Jesus would have allowed such behavior among His Apostles.
By their own actions -- Vatican leadership and two vicars say Jesus would have tolerated such behavior.
And you call me names for pointing this out! Thank you :o)
I'm not calling you any names, I just concerned about those around you based on your obvious obssession with child sex.

I suggest you read the bible, or Jefferson's abridged version anyway, and see how Jesus dealt with sinners. That would be a good start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 4 hr TheRealOzzy 14
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Hebrewsunite 8,322
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 7 hr Delilahblue 171
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 8 hr Nulli Secundus 1
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Mon Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE