Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,041
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#412183 Dec 28, 2012
1 2 3 6 9 o'clock
church of holy Marty Anastassia build 1693

my family been Marty ..

After prayers i go in deep sleep..who ever need Marcy any soul from me..i find myself front of me church beginning open door..then i stop from right side front of Altar i remember..then after Altar i find myself in white dress.
truth

Perth, Australia

#412184 Dec 28, 2012
Who open door..which Spirit bring me in church..door is been close..but opening bythemselves big big big door..i did not done nothing..only my prayers.
God listening prayers.
truth

Perth, Australia

#412185 Dec 28, 2012
truth

Perth, Australia

#412186 Dec 28, 2012
http://www.google.com.au/search...

Why you against me confe?

You liked give dictate to holy Spirit..did you?
why don't you see o'clock is mine..thief's coming and take..why don't you judging them?
truth

Perth, Australia

#412187 Dec 28, 2012
i pray rosary blade of Jesus Christ..yes i hear strongest possible like thunder trough sky..its left him..
Are you for sure Confe you speak about that?

Jesus Christ say..they will attack you as they do to me..then explain...is really my prayers been very weak or i need pray on entire voice strongest then ever.
truth

Perth, Australia

#412188 Dec 28, 2012
http://www.google.com.au/search...
http://www.stjohnsbyzantinecathedral.com/inde...
Orthodox as well Catholic
see confe
why you greedy with your explanation..they stay on my numbers 1693 where my family is..oh oh oh confe
truth

Perth, Australia

#412189 Dec 28, 2012
They are against woman as always been..what a shame?

Woman's can suffer others can't.
Clay

Minneapolis, MN

#412191 Dec 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
The Ecumenical Council of Florence again affirmed the list of inspired books in 1442 A.D., about 100 years before the Council of Trent. The "Decretum pro Jacobitis" by Pope Eugenius IV lists the inspired books, and according to the common teaching of theologians, these documents are infallible True meaning of infallible states of doctrine. Since there was no urgent challenge or compelling reason why it should, the Ecumenical Council of Florence did not dogmatically pass on the canonicity of the inspired books. It did however teach that the books were inspired.
The decrees of the local or regional Church councils (Synods) of Hippo, 393 A.D., and Carthage, around 400 A.D., were submitted to the "transmarine Church" (Rome) and approved by the Popes and are considered official Church teachings by official Church councils. Although these councils were merely local, and they in themselves did not have universal binding authority, their decrees were submitted to various Popes and approved.[6] The Latin Vulgate (LV) version of the Bible by Saint Jerome was completed about 406 A.D. and included the deuterocanonical books. About 1000 years later, the Council of Trent, Session Four, would state: "If anyone does not accept as sacred and canonical the aforesaid books in their entirety and with all their parts, as they have been accustomed to be read in the Catholic Church and as they are contained in the old Latin Vulgate Edition, and knowingly and deliberately rejects the aforesaid traditions, let him be anathema."
The canon of the Bible was solemnly defined and made dogmatic Dogma and Classes of Revealed truth by the Fourth Session of the Ecumenical Council of Trent of the Catholic Church held in northern Italy 1545-1563 A.D. by the Decree "De Canonicis Scripturis" on April 8th, 1546. Pope Pius IV formally confirmed all of its decrees in 1564 A.D. This put the canonicity of the whole Traditional Bible (LV) beyond the permissibility of doubt on the part of Catholics. The books of the canon were listed individually and agreed with the earlier listing already taught (for about 1000 years prior to the Council of Trent) by the Ordinary Magisterium of the Catholic Church.[7][8][9]
http://www.catholicevangelism.org/h-canon1.sh...
very valuable info Anthony. Thanks.
Clay

Minneapolis, MN

#412192 Dec 28, 2012
LTM wrote:
Catholics contend that the whole world is indebted to the Roman Catholic church for the existence of the Bible. This is another of their attempts to exalt the church as an authority in addition to the Bible.
Please notice the following from Catholic sources:
"If she had not scrutinized carefully the writings of her children, rejecting some and approving others as worthy of inclusion in the canon of the New Testament, there would be no New Testament today.
"If she had not declared the books composing the New Testament to be inspired word of God, we would not know it.
"The only authority which non-Catholics have for the inspiration of the Scriptures is the authority of the Catholic Church." (The Faith of Millions, p. 145)
"It is only by the divine authority of the Catholic Church that Christians know that the scripture is the word of God, and what books certainly belong to the Bible." (The Question Box, p. 46)
"It was the Catholic Church and no other which selected and listed the inspired books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament...If you can accept the Bible or any part of it as inspired Word of God, you can do so only because the Catholic Church says it is." (The Bible is a Catholic Book, p. 4).
The Catholic writers quoted above state that one can accept the Bible as being inspired and as having authority only on the basis of the Catholic Church. In reality, the Bible is inspired and has authority, not because a church declared it so, but because God made it so. God delivered it by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and declared that it would abide forever. "All scripture is inspired of God..." (2 Tim. 3:16). "...Holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." (2 Pet. 1:21). "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." (Matt. 24:35). "The grass withered, and the flower has fallen--but the word of the Lord endures forever." (1 Pet. 1:24-25). The Catholics are wrong, therefore, in their assumption that the Bible is authoritative only because of the Catholic Church. The Bible does not owe its existence to the Catholic Church, but to the authority, power and providence of God.
In a sense, your post is correct. God gave us the Bible, not the Church. Catholics would actually agree to this.
But how did He do it?
That's the argument. The authority of the Catholic Church guided by the hand of God, gathered, edited, and compiled the New Testament books, even though Christ (when on Earth) never instructed them to do so.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412193 Dec 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny is you saying you believe the bible is true and then say it's not.
" To all that are at Rome, the beloved of God, called to be saints. Grace to you and peace, from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ. First, I give thanks to my God, through Jesus Christ, for you all: because your faith is spoken of in the whole world. 9 For God is my witness, whom I serve in my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make a commemoration of you"
And in your mind, this is a reference to the 'Roman Catholic Church?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412194 Dec 28, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible itself records instances where God commanded that formal, legal inquiries—that is, inquisitions—be carried out to expose secret believers in false religions. In Deuteronomy 17:2–5 God said: "If there is found among you, within any of your towns which the Lord your God gives you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgressing his covenant, and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden, and it is told you and you hear of it; then you shall inquire diligently [note that phrase: "inquire diligently"], and if it is true and certain that such an abominable thing has been done in Israel, then you shall bring forth to your gates that man or woman who has done this evil thing, and you shall stone that man or woman to death with stones."
It is clear that there were some Israelites who posed as believers in and keepers of the covenant with Yahweh, while inwardly they did not believe and secretly practiced false religions, and even tried to spread them (cf. Deut. 13:6–11). To protect the kingdom from such hidden heresy, these secret practitioners of false religions had to be rooted out and expelled from the community. This directive from the Lord applied even to whole cities that turned away from the true religion (Deut. 13:12–18). Like Israel, medieval Europe was a society of Christian kingdoms that were formally consecrated to the Lord Jesus Christ. It is therefore quite understandable that these Catholics would read their Bibles and conclude that for the good of their Christian society they, like the Israelites before them, "must purge the evil from the midst of you" (Deut. 13:5, 17:7, 12). Paul repeats this principle in 1 Corinthians 5:13.
These same texts were interpreted similarly by the first Protestants, who also tried to root out and punish those they regarded as heretics. Luther and Calvin both endorsed the right of the state to protect society by purging false religion. In fact, Calvin not only banished from Geneva those who did not share his views, he permitted and in some cases ordered others to be executed for "heresy" (e.g. Jacques Gouet, tortured and beheaded in 1547; and Michael Servetus, burned at the stake in 1553). In England and Ireland, Reformers engaged in their own ruthless inquisitions and executions. Conservative estimates indicate that thousands of English and Irish Catholics were put to death—many by being hanged, drawn, and quartered—for practicing the Catholic faith and refusing to become Protestant. An even greater number were forced to flee to the Continent for their safety. We point this out to show that the situation was a two-way street; and both sides easily understood the Bible to require the use of penal sanctions to root out false religion from Christian society.
The fact that the Protestant Reformers also created inquisitions to root out Catholics and others who did not fall into line with the doctrines of the local Protestant sect shows that the existence of an inquisition does not prove that a movement is not of God. Protestants cannot make this claim against Catholics without having it backfire on themselves. Neither can Catholics make such a charge against Protestants. The truth of a particular system of belief must be decided on other grounds.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-inquisitio...
Nice spam Dusty. So you tell me, are you defending the INQUISITION? Do you believe that it is a 'Christian' practice. Perhaps you feel that the RCC should re-enact it? What do YOU believe is right? Or do you have the ability to make that decision for yourself?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412195 Dec 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an "institution", its the Church Jesus founded. I put my faith in the Church because it's Christ's Mystical Body.
God in all of his word and Jesus NEVER talked of a CAPITAL C church. Why do you?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#412196 Dec 28, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No LTM, neither one of us has the authority to "search the scriptures" to determine Christianity.
That is not Biblical.
Paul was instructing Timothy to search the Hebrew books anyway.
The difference between you and those two is Paul and Timothy had the authority to do so.
You guys think every verse is somehow a personal letter to Yous - giving you the authority to teach.
Just read the Bible like we do; especially the Gospels. I love them and feel close to Christ when reading it. But don't ever think Christ is giving you the green light to start up your own church and teach His ministry. He already started a Church LTM. He doesn't need 41,000 different ones.
Wow are you really discouraging people to search Bible truths? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#412197 Dec 28, 2012
Clay the Bible tells us to preach and teach. Its wasn't just for the apostles. How can you teach if you don't know the Bible?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#412198 Dec 28, 2012
Read your Bible people! Read Read!!...

Good night;oD
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412199 Dec 28, 2012
Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412200 Dec 28, 2012
In 1252 Pope Innocent IV officially sanctioned torture as a way of extracting the “truth” from suspects. Prior to that time, this type of extreme punishment was foreign to church tradition and practice. During the Spanish Inquisition alone, as many as 2,000 people were burned at the stake within one decade after the Inquisition began.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412201 Dec 28, 2012
The Roman Catholic Church portrays itself as the one legitimate heir to New Testament Christianity, and the Pope as the successor to Peter, the first bishop of Rome. While those details are debatable, there is no question that Roman church history reaches back to ancient times. The apostle Paul wrote his letter to the Romans about AD 55, and addressed a church body that existed prior to his first visit there (but he made no mention of Peter, though he greeted others by name). Despite repeated persecutions by the government, a vibrant Christian community existed in Rome after apostolic times. Those early Roman Christians were just like their brethren in other parts of the world—simple followers of Jesus Christ.

Things changed drastically when the Roman Emperor Constantine professed a conversion to Christianity in AD 312. He began to make changes which ultimately led to the formation of the Roman Catholic Church. He issued the Edict of Milan in 313, which granted freedom of worship throughout the empire. When doctrinal disputes arose, Constantine presided over the first ecumenical church council at Nicaea in AD 325, even though he held no official authority in the churches. By the time of his death, Christianity was the favored, if not the official, religion of the Roman Empire. The term “Roman Catholic” was defined by Emperor Theodosius on February 27, 380 in the Theodosian Code. In that document, he referred to those who hold to the “religion which was delivered to the Romans by the divine Apostle Peter” as “Roman Catholic Christians,” and gave them the official sanction of the empire.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#412202 Dec 28, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>HEB.13:15 By Him therefore set us offer the 'sacrifice of praise' to God continually..
Dust Storm, if you done your homework and read these verses you would find that what you have posted is not what the scripture is talking about at all.
The end of verse 13 which your source has chosen to omit, reads...'That is, THE FRUIT OF OUR LIPS GIVING THANKS TO HIS NAME.'
The Catholic convert disagrees and so do other Protestants and most importantly the Church.

http://scripturecatholic.com/the_eucharist.ht...

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise - He has now fulfilled all vision and prophecy, has offered the last bloody sacrifice which God will ever accept; and as he is the gift of God's love to the world, let us through him offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, this being the substitute for all the Levitical sacrifices.

The Jews allowed that, in the time of the Messiah, all sacrifices, except the sacrifice of praise, should cease. To this maxim the apostle appears to allude; and, understood in this way, his words are much more forcible. In Vayikra Rabba, sect. 9, fol. 153, and Rabbi Tanchum, fol. 55: "Rabbi Phineas, Rabbi Levi, and Rabbi Jochanan, from the authority of Rabbi Menachem of Galilee, said, In the time of the Messiah all sacrifice shall cease, except the sacrifice of praise." This was, in effect, quoting the authority of one of their own maxims, that now was the time of the Messiah; that Jesus was that Messiah; that the Jewish sacrificial system was now abolished; and that no sacrifice would now be accepted of God, except the sacrifice of praise for the gift of his Son.

That is, the fruit of our lips - This expression is probably borrowed from Hosea 14:2, in the version of the Septuagint, &#954;&#945;&#961; &#960;&#959;&#957; &#967;&#949;&#953; &#955;&#949;&#969; &#957; which in the Hebrew text is &#1508;&#1512;&#14 97;&#1501; &#1513;&#1508;&#15 14;&#1497;&#1504;& #1493; parim sephatheinu, "the heifers of our lips." This may refer primarily to the sacrifices, heifers, calves, etc., which they had vowed to God; so that the calves of their lips were the sacrifices which they had promised. But how could the Septuagint translate &#1508;&#1512;&#14 97;&#1501; parim, calves, by &#954;&#945;&#961; &#960;&#959;&#957; , fruit? Very easily, if they had in their copy &#1508;&#1512;&#14 97; peri, the mem being omitted; and thus the word would be literally fruit, and not calves. This reading, however, is not found in any of the MSS. hitherto collated.

http://bible.cc/hebrews/13-15.htm

http://www.veritasbible.com/drb/compare/haydo...
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#412203 Dec 28, 2012
Of course the Roman Catholic Church denies the pagan origin of its beliefs and practices. The Catholic Church disguises its pagan beliefs under layers of complicated theology. The Catholic Church excuses and denies its pagan origin beneath the mask of “church tradition.” Recognizing that many of its beliefs and practices are utterly foreign to Scripture, the Catholic Church is forced to deny the authority and sufficiency of Scripture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 1 hr Dander 1
A Gentleman. 15 hr QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Crazy 8,633
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Tue God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE