Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,951
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#412143 Dec 28, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You place blind faith in an instution who tells you that they are the 'one true church'. And you don't feel that you are intelligent enough to even question them. Jesus said 'come, LET US REASON TOGETHER'.
It's not an "institution", its the Church Jesus founded. I put my faith in the Church because it's Christ's Mystical Body.
preston

Waverly, OH

#412144 Dec 28, 2012
truth wrote:
Possessor is not Creator.
Nothing to do with creation if you descover..yes you descover but not created..as well in that name you call yourself creator..but i say to you.. you are man not real Creator.
after BILL posted on your IP addy, Your English got a whole lot better.and since you have been in Aust. for several decades, you should speak that language fluently, saying that, I AINT GOING TO TAKE UP FOR YOU AGAIN. i BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE JUST BEEN JIVING US, WITH YOUR JIBBERISH.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#412146 Dec 28, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So Tupac is 'proof' that our gospel is wrong... but your murderig,torturing cover- up church is the REAL DEAL.
Make sense to you?
Please provide a link where the Church murdered and tortured.
I have a quote ready from Pope Sixtus IV condemning the Spanish Monarchy for what they were doing. I assume that is the Inquisition you're referring to?
Why don't you actually read something on history, instead of relying on your cult pamphlets you all hand out to people.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#412147 Dec 28, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
The "Roman" Catholic Church was written to by St. Paul. Your KJV would call it "Romans".
Thanks.
Paul was a Roman citizen, but he was fully Jewish, of the tribe of Benjamin. He was not a Catholic. The church at Rome was Jesus' church.
The Romans (Nero) burned many of them at the stake. Some of them were thrown to the lions.
KayMarie
Catholic means "universal". It was the name given to the Christian Church. St. Paul was a member of the Catholic (universal Christian Church) and founded the Church in Rome with St. Peter. They were both martyred in Rome by the pagan emperor, as we're many other Catholics.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#412148 Dec 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an "institution", its the Church Jesus founded. I put my faith in the Church because it's Christ's Mystical Body.
~~~

So Jesus mystical body has fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness...and it is exclusively the Roman Catholic Church?

Jesus died for all sinners,

not just a few heathens that claim a franchise and monopoly ON HIS GRACE.

The Apostle Paul wrote..

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

NOTE
Eph 3:6 --> That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:<--

Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Eph 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
truth

Perth, Australia

#412149 Dec 28, 2012
29 4
thousand thousand thousand..
man melodic voice..

they hear my prayers..
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03447a.htm

25 3..is that true that we can be multiply soul..or someone used mine..did i used others..maybe.
Are you for sure Anthony who they are and who am I?
truth

Perth, Australia

#412150 Dec 28, 2012
http://justus.anglican.org/resources/bio/150....
read did she liked fix up all..
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#412151 Dec 28, 2012
Catholics contend that the whole world is indebted to the Roman Catholic church for the existence of the Bible. This is another of their attempts to exalt the church as an authority in addition to the Bible.

Please notice the following from Catholic sources:
"If she had not scrutinized carefully the writings of her children, rejecting some and approving others as worthy of inclusion in the canon of the New Testament, there would be no New Testament today.
"If she had not declared the books composing the New Testament to be inspired word of God, we would not know it.
"The only authority which non-Catholics have for the inspiration of the Scriptures is the authority of the Catholic Church." (The Faith of Millions, p. 145)
"It is only by the divine authority of the Catholic Church that Christians know that the scripture is the word of God, and what books certainly belong to the Bible." (The Question Box, p. 46)
"It was the Catholic Church and no other which selected and listed the inspired books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament...If you can accept the Bible or any part of it as inspired Word of God, you can do so only because the Catholic Church says it is." (The Bible is a Catholic Book, p. 4).
The Catholic writers quoted above state that one can accept the Bible as being inspired and as having authority only on the basis of the Catholic Church. In reality, the Bible is inspired and has authority, not because a church declared it so, but because God made it so. God delivered it by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and declared that it would abide forever. "All scripture is inspired of God..." (2 Tim. 3:16). "...Holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." (2 Pet. 1:21). "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." (Matt. 24:35). "The grass withered, and the flower has fallen--but the word of the Lord endures forever." (1 Pet. 1:24-25). The Catholics are wrong, therefore, in their assumption that the Bible is authoritative only because of the Catholic Church. The Bible does not owe its existence to the Catholic Church, but to the authority, power and providence of God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#412152 Dec 28, 2012
http://www.google.com.au/search...
She have mystical wounds.
She is been protestant to reform church.
My previous telephone number stay entirely birth as well death.

Why I am wrong confe?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#412153 Dec 28, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
So Jesus mystical body has fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness...and it is exclusively the Roman Catholic Church?
Jesus died for all sinners,
not just a few heathens that claim a franchise and monopoly ON HIS GRACE.
The Apostle Paul wrote..
Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
NOTE
Eph 3:6 --> That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:<--
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
Eph 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
Matthew 13:24-30
LTM

#412154 Dec 28, 2012
Because it never was a Bible, till the infallible Church pronounced it to be so. The separate treatises, each of them inspired, were lying, as it were dispersedly; easy to confound with others, that were uninspired. The Church gathered them up, selected them, pronounced judgment on them; rejecting some, which she defined and declared not to be canonical, because not inspired; adopting others as being inspired, and therefore canonical." (What Is the Bible? p. 6).
"And since the books of the Bible constituting both the Old and the New Testament were determined solely by the authority of the Catholic Church, without the Church there would have been no Bible, and hence no Protestantism." (The Faith of Millions, p. 10).
In addition to the above, Catholics often boast that the Bible was written by Catholics, e.g., "All the books of the New Testament were written by Catholics." (The Bible is a Catholic Book, p. 14). When we consider the word "catholic" as meaning "universal," we readily admit that the writers were "catholic" in that sense; they were members of the church universal--the church of Christ which is described in the New Testament Scriptures (Col. 1:18; Rom. 16:16). However, we firmly deny that the writers of the New Testament were members of the Roman Catholic Church as we know it today. The Roman Catholic Church was not fully developed until several hundred years after the New Testament was written. It is not the same institution as disclosed in the New Testament. The New Testament books were written by members of the Lord's church, but they are not its author. God Himself is the author of the New Testament.

The Catholic officials above claim that without the Catholic Church there would be no Bible; they argue that mankind can accept the Scriptures only on the basis of the Catholic Church which gathered the books and determined which were inspired. Surely the Catholic Church cannot claim that it gave us the Old Testament Scriptures. The Old Testament came through the Jews (God's chosen people of old) who had the holy oracles entrusted to them. Paul said, "What advantage then remains to the Jew, or what is the use of circumcision? Much in every respect. First, indeed, because the oracles of God were entrusted to them." (Rom. 3:1-2; see also Rom. 9:4-5; Acts 7:38).

The Old Testament books were gathered into one volume and were translated from Hebrew into Greek long before Christ came to earth. The Septuagint Version was translated by seventy scholars at Alexandria, Egypt around the year 227 B.C., and this was the version Christ and His apostles used. Christ did not tell the people, as Catholics do today, that they could accept the Scriptures only on the basis of the authority of those who gathered them and declared them to be inspired. He urged the people of His day to follow the Old Testament Scriptures as the infallible guide, not because man or any group of men has sanctioned them as such, but because they came from God. Furthermore, He understood that God-fearing men and women would be able to discern by evidence (external and internal) which books were of God and which were not; thus, He never raised questions and doubts concerning the gathering of the inspired books.

If the Bible is a Catholic book, why does it nowhere mention the Catholic Church? Why is there no mention of a pope, a cardinal, an archbishop, a parish priest, a nun, or a member of any other Catholic order? If the Bible is a Catholic book, why is auricular confession, indulgences, prayers to the saints, adoration of Mary, veneration of relics and images, and many other rites and ceremonies of the Catholic Church, left out of it?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#412155 Dec 28, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide a link where the Church murdered and tortured.
I have a quote ready from Pope Sixtus IV condemning the Spanish Monarchy for what they were doing. I assume that is the Inquisition you're referring to?
Why don't you actually read something on history, instead of relying on your cult pamphlets you all hand out to people.
Some good tidbits. Most people have no clue what the inquistions entailed or were really about. The tales grow taller all the time. The Muslims had conquered Spain and occupied it. Only one tiny section remained and it took hundreds of years to regain control. To avoid losing land and power Muslims pretended to convert. It would be like if suddenly a mass group of Muslims came into any Christian church and suddenly converted. Do you suppose the Muslims would look on a bunch of white Christians with a little suspicion today if they converted to Islam?:-) Sure I have heard some protestants boasting on these forums that they go to Catholic Churches and work on converting people from the inside. Yes there were some very strange beliefs as well, but the involvement of the church at all was more or less to stop the mob mentality which was going on. If anything the Churches involvement added civility and protections that otherwise would not have been there. Here is brief snipit from an article the link below.

"Spain had just concluded a bloody battle with the Moslems. The Moslems were known for their ruthless killing of every man woman and child of the Catholic towns that they had captured. Complicating this issue was the fact that the Jews had fought on the side of the Moslems. At night the Jews would open up the city gates of the Catholic towns to the invading Moslem Moors.

In the centuries before, the Jews had been granted permission by the Catholics in Spain to come there as refugees. Unlike the Catholics who considered usury as sinful, the Jews became very powerful in the business of money lending.

“In Aragon they charged twenty percent, in Castile thirty-three percent, and in the famine of 1326, in Cuehca they refused to lend money for sowing except at forty percent interest. Added to this was their practice of insulting the Christian religion. Even today the epithet,“Christian dog”(perro cristiano), comes from those times.”

Because of the devastating years of battle with the Moslems, and those Jews who assisted them, Spain had rescinded the Jew’s permission to stay there and ordered them to leave Spain in order to preserve the fragile government.

Some Jews had faked conversion. Because the government did not want to make itself vulnerable to possible traitorous acts committed by those who were still aligned with Moslem forces it needed to make determinations as to whether or not those who claimed to be converted to Christianity were being honest. It was the Inquisitors job to make this determination. The Inquisition had no jurisdiction, and therefore no authority over any practicing Jew or Moslem because they were not baptized. The Inquisition only investigated professed Christians suspected of being fakes. The Inquisitors did use some torture in their examinations, but any statement that was made during this torture was not accepted as evidence if the individual later retracted any such confession. It was the state and not the Church that carried out the sentence or punishment against those who were found guilty.

http://www.defendingthebride.com/hs/spanish.h...
truth

Perth, Australia

#412156 Dec 28, 2012
http://faithofthefatherssaintquote.blogspot.c...

thousand thousand thousand..why is like that..man voice..not woman..but melodic..yes.

Why i am wrong did i hear perfect?
LTM

#412157 Dec 28, 2012
If the Bible is a Catholic book, how can Catholics account for the passage, "A bishop then, must be blameless, married but once, reserved, prudent, of good conduct, hospitable, a teacher...He should rule well his own household, keeping his children under control and perfectly respectful. For if a man cannot rule his own household, how is he to take care of the church of God?" (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5). The Catholic Church does not allow a bishop to marry, while the Bible says "he must be married." Furthermore, if the Bible is a Catholic book, why did they write the Bible as it is, and feel the necessity of putting footnotes at the bottom of the page in effort to keep their subject from believing what is in the text?

The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize. If the Bible is a Catholic book,

1. Why does it condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#412158 Dec 28, 2012
LTM wrote:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you guys need to understand something very important.. we Catholics understand how you're all touched by the Bible. We won't take that away from you. Gods love is infinite. He does not forget
about people just because they are not in communion with the Church Jesus started.
We have to draw the line when you folks are taking the Bible and beating us over the head with it. You need to know you're no authority to teach Christianity. If you're like Confrint, and desperately want to be an authority, then you should get your own Bible... determine your own canon...
Jesus did not start the catholic church a bunch of pagans did.
Your religion is all about the catholic pagan doctrine.
Tell me were Jesus said to murder people who would
You said this yesterday and I asked you to show us how we're Pagan. Is it the Mass? The Eucharist? Confession? How are we Pagan..
I think you're just repeating this title and not even knowing what you're saying.
LTM

#412159 Dec 28, 2012
Catholics argue that since the Council of Hippo in 390 A.D. proclaimed which books were actually inspired and placed them in one volume, all are indebted to the Catholic Church for the New Testament and can accept it only on the authority of the Catholic Church. There are several things wrong with this. First, it cannot be proven that the church which held the Council of Hippo in 390 A.D. was the same church which is now known as the Roman Catholic Church. For example, the church of 390 had no crucifixes and images because, "The first mention of Crucifixes are in the sixth century" and "The whole tradition of veneration holy images gradually and naturally developed" (Catholic Encyclopedia, Vol. VII, p. 667). The church of 390 took communion under both kinds because that was the prevailing practice until it was formally abolished in 1416 A.D.(See Lives and Times of the Roman Pontiffs, Vol. I, p. 111). The church of 390 was a church altogether different from the Roman Catholic Church today.

Furthermore, in the proceedings of the Council of Hippo, the bishops did not mention nor give the slightest hint that they were for the first time "officially" cataloging the books of he Bible for the world. It was not until the fourth session of the Council of Trent (1545-1563) that the bishops and high ranking officials of the Catholic Church "officially" cataloged the books they thought should be included in the Bible and bound them upon the consciences of all Catholics.(See Canons and Decrees of the Council of Trent, pp. 17-18).

Secondly, God did not give councils the authority to select His sacred books, nor does He expect men to receive His sacred books only because of councils or on the basis of councils. It takes no vote or sanction of a council to make the books of the Bible authoritative. Men were able to rightly discern which books were inspired before the existence of ecclesiastical councils and men can do so today. A council of men in 390 with no divine authority whatever, supposedly took upon itself the right to state which books were inspired, and Catholics argue, "We can accept the Bible only on the authority of the Catholic Church." Can we follow such reasoning?
truth

Perth, Australia

#412160 Dec 28, 2012
Must be my God liked me to be born and grow up as Catholic.
Did we choose our parents as well everything?
Ones I listen my priest..no in church we don't have rights for discussion..on religion lesson our tiny fratic teach us with great argument but on right way..i am very happy..he teach us on proper way..let us know many things as could as well to be free.
My priest say..o yes someone will give whats belong to others.
O really.
Who they are?
Why they on hurry?
Whats they try hide?
Did they can or could hide?

I am so simple.
LTM

#412161 Dec 28, 2012
Thirdly, it cannot be proven that the Catholic Church is solely responsible for the gathering and selection of the New Testament books. In fact, it can be shown that the New Testament books were gathered into one volume and were in circulation long before the Catholic Church claims to have taken its action in 390 at the council of Hippo. In the following we list some of the catalogues of the books of the Bible which are given by early Christian writers.

326. Athanasius, bishop at Alexandria, mentions all of the New Testament books.
315-386. Cyril, bishop at Jerusalem, gives a list of all New Testament books except Revelation.
270. Eusebius, bishop at Caesarea, called the Father of ecclesiastical history, gives an account of the persecution of Emperor Diocletian whose edict required that all churches be destroyed and the Scriptures burned. He lists all the books of the New Testament. He was commissioned by Constantine to have transcribed fifty copies of the Bible for use of the churches of Constantinople.
185-254. Origen, born at Alexandria, names all the books of both the Old and New Testaments.
165-220. Clement, of Alexandria, names all the books of the New Testament except Philemon, James, 2 Peter and 3 John. In addition we are told by Eusebius, who had the works of Clement, that he gave explanations and quotations from all the canonical books.
160-240. Turtullian, contemporary of Origen and Clement, mentions all the New Testament books except 2 Peter, James and 2 John.
135-200. Irenaeus, quoted from all New Testament books except Philemon, Jude, James and 3 John.
100-147. Justin Martyr, mentions the Gospels as being four in number and quotes from them and some of the epistles of Paul and Revelation.
Besides the above, the early church fathers have handed down in their writings quotations from all the New Testament books so much so that it is said that the entire New Testament can be reproduced from their writings alone.
Thus, the New Testament books were in existence in their present form at the close of the apostolic age. As a matter of fact, the apostles themselves put their writings into circulation. "And when this letter has been read among you, see that it be read in the church of the Laodiceans also; and that you yourselves read the letter from Laodicea." (Col. 4:16). "I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren." (1 Thess. 5:27). The holy Scriptures were written for all (1 Cor. 1:2; Eph. 1:1) and all will be judged by them in the last day (Rev. 20:12; John 12:48). Jesus said that His Word will abide forever (Matt. 24:35; 1 Pet. 1:23-25).

'SO DEAR CATHOLIC'S YOU ARE WRONG YOUR LEADER LIED TO YOU' YOU AVE NO AUTHORIY AT ALL TO LAY CLAIM TO THE HOLY BIBLE.
LTM

#412162 Dec 28, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You said this yesterday and I asked you to show us how we're Pagan. Is it the Mass? The Eucharist? Confession? How are we Pagan..
I think you're just repeating this title and not even knowing what you're saying.
THAT IS ALL CATHOLIC PAGAN TRADITIONS CLAY SORRY.
It is not scriptual. Your understand of the Last supper is wrong.
LTM

#412163 Dec 28, 2012
You would think you walked into a mad house"
So said John Arnott of the Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship
(Click here to see the video clip where he says this

Audio/Video Documentation of Pentecostal Heresy!
The Largest collection on the web with over 50 clips!
(All Videos require Real Player and a minimum 28.8 KB connection)

John Scotland at "Toronto Blessing" Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship (TACF)
Kenneth Hagin
Kenneth Copeland

"Toronto Blessing" John Arnott Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship (TACF)
Rodney Howard-Browne
Benny Hinn

Photogallery of fake miracle trinkets
Steve Hill & John Kilpatrick: Brownsville Revival
Peter Popoff Certified fraud that does the same stuff as the rest!

Some Pentecostals behave in church, in ways Christians discipline their Children for.

The behaviour of Pentecostals on this video is identical to many occult world religions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr Jaimie 83,890
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 2 hr PopeTrueFace 3
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 10 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 10 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 21 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Crazy 8,687
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web