Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653818 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#410952 Dec 21, 2012
In the epistles written by the apostle Paul while he was in prison in Rome---including Ephesians, Phillipians, Colossians, and Philemon---there is NEVER any mention of a visit from Peter. IF Peter had been headqartered in Rome, it would be unthinkable that he would not have visited Paul.
truth

Perth, Australia

#410954 Dec 22, 2012
To predict or have prediction trough past history or time as we have today is pure describe..your prophets on that time don't have modern words describe as you see today.
Don't say nothing happened or never nothing happened..look log..oh oh oh how many logs today in eyes of billions people.
Are you for sure this planet is old only 4000 years.
no

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#410955 Dec 22, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Show me a scriptures that God isn't real?
Admit that you are a liar and I will.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#410956 Dec 22, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Do you believe all the Bible prophecys that came true happened by chance? Luck? Or its just a book written by old white men who had nothing better to do? After all it took 40 men to write the Bible and it took 1600 years for it to be completed.. Is it chance that these men happened to be in agreement with each other? Some predicted the coming of Jesus...many years before he came. Zedekiah was talked about in the Bible he was the last king of the Jews was that all chance? Pontious Pilot is a historical person. Did the Bible just out of the blues come up with that name...the Bible plainly said that the earth is round thousands of years before Christopher Columbus took a trip. It even explains why we have rainbows. Why grow old and die. It explains how all the races come from Noah's sons. The Bible has been published in more than 2,300 languages it is available to more than 90 percent of the world's population. The ones that wrote the Bible were farmers, fishermen, sheperds, prophets, judges, kings, and a doctor. The Bible is harmonious from beginning to end. If that isn't God's power then what is?
Do tell please.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#410957 Dec 22, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Here I am proving to you that Jehovah exist and he is behind the writtings in the Bible but yet you haven't proved to me that there is no God.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#410958 Dec 22, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible contains numerous prophecies, many of which have allready been fullfilled. The prophet Isaiah who lived in the 8th century B.C.E., Jehovah fortold that the city of Babylon would be destroyed.(Isaiah 13:19; 14: 22,23) Details were given to show just how this would happen. Invading armies would dry up Babylon's river and march into the city without a battle. That is not all. Isaiah' prophecy even named the king who would coquer Babylon (CYRUS) Isaiah 44:27-45:2.
CYRUS destroyed Babylon the Bible fortold that Babylon will never again be inhabited. If you go to the middle east you can still find the ruins. Was that chance or just a lucky strike? Do tell...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#410959 Dec 22, 2012
4GVN wrote:
It is quite interesting that the apostle Paul , in his epistle to the Romans(written about A.D. 58), greets some 26 people by name, BUT PETER IS NOT ONE OF THEM. It impossible to think that Paul would have failed to greet Peter if Peter had indeeed been headquartered in Rome(since A.D. 42, according to Catholics).
I understand you dilemma. You see, you lie for your dogma, the catholic lies for their dogma, the presbyterian lies for their dogma, and so on.

The church that you were raised in starts telling you these lies from birth and you believe them. To perpetuate your sect, you are told to covert others by telling them that they have no idea what they are talking about and that your sect has the correct interpretation.

Look around at the members of your church, most of them have grown up in the church. Some have come to the church because of other family members pressuring them. Some of come to the church because they hit a low spot in their lives, such as a recovering addict or a released from jail.

Who, at say 21, decides one day to join a church? Yeah, their maybe a few, but not many. Why?

Why so many sects? If the holy spirit is the guide needed to understand the bible, why do so many believers have such varying beliefs?

Your god took the blame for making man and then destroyed all but eight, yet your religions all blame man.

You don't listen and follow your god, yet you become angry when others do the same.

As long as you refuse to think for yourself and lie for your beliefs, you will never be free.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#410962 Dec 22, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually child sex abuse was considered very moral in some ancient societies. Why can't a militant atheist pick and close which codes to embrace?
OK, in your world, child sex abuse is moral.

That explains much, even if you cannot name and give any links to your claim.

PS - why do you keep calling people militant atheists? I've stated my position many times.

Name-calling and defending child sex-abuse doesn't refute anything I have posted.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#410963 Dec 22, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says silly things whenever he gets frustrated when posters don't agree with him. Now that I think of it so do the rest of the catholics on here.
Facts cannot be refute, so he calls names.

Now he claims child sex-abuse was morally acceptable in some societies, but he doesn't provide any details.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#410964 Dec 22, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says......Actually child sex abuse was considered very moral in some ancient societies.
Michael says.....Are they the same ancient societies that you found your morals? Many of your church leaders from the past practiced the same thing. If they didn't think they were immoral they would have put a stop to it back in 333 AD instead of 2010 AD.
BUSTED!
I think you discovered his meaning.

That's a spooky dude.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#410965 Dec 22, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> People get their morals from the Bible.
Where do the Chinese get their morals? People in India?

Where did people get morals before the Bible?

Your statement is absurd -- like morals were invented with the Bible.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#410966 Dec 22, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Supernatural, as in, not the flesh. Very scriptural. Jesus said you have to have a faith that defies logic. Believing that He gives us His flesh and blood in the Eucharist requires such faith.
Exactly. It's not provable and requires much faith.

Of course, the RCC could have tests done on its many miracle flesh and blood Eucharists, but that would destroy the fun.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#410967 Dec 22, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I have heard of it.
Back a long time ago,other denominations believed that way,also.
There are a lot Holiness churches in Kentucky that still believe it's wrong for a woman to cut their hair.
Also,they don't believe that women should wear pants or jewlery.
It doesn't bother me that they believe that way.
I think it should be left up to the person and how they feel about it personally.
My grandparents didn't think women should wear pants,but they didn't condemn anyone if they did.
Mamaw never wore pants,except for when she had to milk the cow during cold weather.
She wore Papaw's pants under her dress.
They were Missionary Baptist.
They would not let me wear pants.
I had to wear dresses all the time,but I didn't mind.
I was a girly girl anyway's.
They didn't mind if I cut my hair.
The Baptist Church'e also use to speak in tongues years ago. However the one where I was raised in you would never know it now.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#410968 Dec 22, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So is your moral code the "Code of Hammurabi"?
In part, yes.

Just like the 10 Commandments, in case you didn't know. These evolved over time, just like all moral codes.

"Don't boil a young goat in the milk of its mother."

Believe it or not, this prohibition in Exodus 34:26 is the official tenth commandment, from the only set of stone tablets that were called "the ten commandments."

But good news for your church. There is no commandment against child sex-abuse. So you're in luck.

Thankfully for the children, an "immoral" world spoke out on 5 continents.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#410969 Dec 22, 2012
who="Free Mind"
Now he claims child sex-abuse was morally acceptable in some societies, but he doesn't provide any details.

Being accepted in some (pagan) societies doesn't make it right; especially in CHRISTIAN societies.

KayMarie
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#410970 Dec 22, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I cant do your homework for you. I can't provide links from my phone anyway. But so what. what do links mean anyway? Your buddy Michael has proved the value of links. lol.
Google National Geographic March 2012 issue. I'm pretty sure you can find it.
It doesn't matter anyway, you'll never find anything that will be compatible with your gay lifestyle.
I found it. I read it.

It said nothing of which you claimed.

I understand your anger and name-calling. I forgive you.

Read the title of this thread. Why not go to a Catholic forum, instead of attacking others as "untrue?" It's nothing but faith anyhow. Nothing you claim can be proven and most can be refuted -- which leaves you frustrated.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#410971 Dec 22, 2012
4GVN wrote:
Was Peter ever in Rome? The first 15 chapters of the book of Acts show that Peter was in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, Galilee and Antioch. But there is naver any mention of Rome.
Peter was on vacation with his family while acts was written, so he wasn't in Rome, he was most likely in Hawaii.
Its unbelievable you dictate all of Christianity using the New Testament.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#410972 Dec 22, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm. funny I never heard of the RCC having several specimens of Our Lords blood? I know of a Catholic Church in Lansiano, Italy (probably spelled it wrong). But that's it.
You sure you ain't just talking outta your whoha again? lol
You poor thing! Allow me to once again enlighten you.

http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/a...

I'm happy to enlighten you on RCC history.

I again forgive you for your attacks and wish you a Merry Christmas -- even if the Pope writes that its all made up, in spite of Santa showing up on radar (e.g. proof of Santa).
Clay

Garden City, MI

#410973 Dec 22, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I believe in God because every prophesy he called out has been fullfilled you can look it up in secular books. We are living in the last days and this prophecy is being fullfilled. Everything that is happening today with all the violent crimes and back to back earthquakes were fortold in the Bible. Hebrews 6:18 in order that, through two unchangeable things in which it is immpossible for God to lie.
There is no more evidence we are in our last days today vs 800 yrs ago. Please don't scare people into your religion.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#410974 Dec 22, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Free Mind"
Being accepted in some (pagan) societies doesn't make it right; especially in CHRISTIAN societies.
KayMarie
Anthony provides no evidence of his claim. He only makes such statements to absolve the RCC.

He is not well. I hope you will pray for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 19 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web