Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600165 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Ames, IA

#410727 Dec 21, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not say "this is a symbol of My body and blood". If He did, that would be obvious.
He is God. Do you think it's impossible for Him to be there AND in the appearance of bread and wine?
But the time is coming--indeed it's here now--when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#410728 Dec 21, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...According to your scriptures this man of God Jesus preached Judiasm to his brethern of his day, performed dozens of miracles for thousands, witnessed by thousands more (christians only say) and they STILL! didn't believe in him, and 2,000 years later, the VAST MAJORITY of our world is still out on his authenticity.
A small select group of disgruntled jews with an agenda created the story of christianity, using customs/traditions of man/gods that came 1,000 years before, using the exact same elements (heaven/hell, prophecies, baptism, holy sacrificial meal, eternal salvation, all practiced previously, used a deadman as their leader so they could say and write whatever they wanted without any recourse. Joined up with powerman constantine who they knew would strong arm all the other christian groups into submission, found that family indoctrination was the way to go, and the rest is history.
BUSTED!
You're quite the historian Mike. lol.

Give me your theory as to what civilization would be like today had there been no Christianity.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#410729 Dec 21, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying Jesus Christ - who is God - couldn't be in multiple places at once??
wow. I'm speechless.
If only that were true.LOL
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#410730 Dec 21, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So basically Michael you reject the Person of J e s u s Himself!And for the fact up with why you reject H I M yourself?
Pad says.....that whole message of Christ into a pit and rather for unity sake endear ourselves to the Jewish cause for self preservation?
Well Messianic Jews who believe in Yeshua and love Him with a wonderful devotion and love consider themselves fulfilled J E W S.Their traditional relatives and friends who are Jews reject them,so what does that make those Jews who are Messianic and converted to Christ? ARE they not Jews anymore?

Michael says.....I give my opinion, just as you give yours. You have no personal evidence that clarifies the bible to be true in all respects. You believe what you were taught. I am sure Jews believe in all their hearts as they were taught and instructed that Jesus was just a mortal man, nothing more.
Jews see it crystal clear that Jesus was just a mere mortal man. Christians see crystal clear, Jesus as the son of God.
Messianic Jews have given up the right to be a Jew, and NO different than a christian giving up his christian belief, who would claim he loves Allah.
A man named Jesus that you know little or nothing about personally. You don't know when he was born, don't know what he did to support himself, don't know what he looked like, don't know his date of death, and catholic father Irenaeous had no knowledge of the age of Jesus but believed between age 30 and 50 and to this day this current pope can't even claim who killed him but believed he died a violent death. That is DEVASTATING at the least!
St Paul never mentions the miraculous virgin birth, no mention of angels, no mention of miracles by Jesus, no mention of John Baptist, no mention of the crucifixion. Its obvious Paul didn't know a Jesus, and even said so that he saw him as a vision only.
Why would Paul one of the very first writers not know these important elements of Jesus? Could it be that none of these stories had not been invented, until the gospels were written?
Christianity is called a belief for a reason, just as all religions are expressed as beliefs. If any religion was declared FACTUAL it wouldn't be called a belief anymore, and all other religions wouldn't exist anymore. The beliefs carry on.....
If there is a loving God, who watches over the world, he is watching over for everyone, not just a select group who just happened to be born by CHANCE into that select belief.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#410731 Dec 21, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So basically Michael you reject the Person of J e s u s Himself!And for the fact that so many do not understand Who and What He is in relation to human kind.The Jews do not accept Him,so does that mean Michael we should just dump that whole message of Christ into a pit and rather for unity sake endear ourselves to the Jewish cause for self preservation?
Well Messianic Jews who believe in Yeshua and love Him with a wonderful devotion and love consider themselves fulfilled J E W S.Their traditional relatives and friends who are Jews reject them,so what does that make those Jews who are Messianic and converted to Christ? ARE they not Jews anymore?
Who determines that? Some Rabbi who hates the name of Jesus?Well guess what no human being determines the outcome of what is done eternally to a soul for Christ.Christ is the Eternal Son of God Michael,and no matter what happens to the traditions of MEN over a decision to follow Christ is irrelavant.We who follow Him owe our allegiance to Him,our traditions and religious trappings mean little.
Christ calls men to Himself not to a particular religious organization.AND yes we organized many Christian groups and affiliations,but in the end,if a person is not connected with Jesus Christ Himself,their affiliation of being:Catholic,Protestant or Orthodox means ZILCH.Now if 1,000,000 plus Messianic Jews have embraced Yeshua as their Messiah today,or within this century,do not align themselves with Christian organizations,and YET still live and DIE for Him who was crucified,died and Rose from the grave,than affiliations hold no weight in light of H I M who give life to whoever will believe.
There are even Muslims who are being converted to Jesus,and have to form groups to encourage each other,not calling themselves Catholics,Protestants or Orthodox,but followers of JESUS.Your using Jews who naturelly reject the Messiah to convince me I am narrow-minded to Christ and Christianity is really a waste of time,I understand more than you realize in this matter.Com e up with why you reject H I M yourself?
Hi Pad just in case I don't get a chance Merry Christmas, to you an you family, and many blessings for the New Year.
Wow the weather said it was going to snow and did it ever,
We have 25 cm since yesterday about 1pm and it is still snowing.
It is like that every where.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#410732 Dec 21, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
But the time is coming--indeed it's here now--when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way.
The truth is you don't think Jesus was speaking the truth when He said the bread and wine are His body and blood. So you may worship a spirit, but it's not the truth.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#410733 Dec 21, 2012
Oswald Chambers
Experience or God’s Revealed Truth?
Dec212012December 21, 2012
We have received ... the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God —1 Corinthians 2:12

My experience is not what makes redemption real— redemption is reality. Redemption has no real meaning for me until it is worked out through my conscious life. When I am born again, the Spirit of God takes me beyond myself and my experiences, and identifies me with Jesus Christ. If I am left only with my personal experiences, I am left with something not produced by redemption. But experiences produced by redemption prove themselves by leading me beyond myself, to the point of no longer paying any attention to experiences as the basis of reality. Instead, I see that only the reality itself produced the experiences. My experiences are not worth anything unless they keep me at the Source of truth— Jesus Christ.

If you try to hold back the Holy Spirit within you, with the desire of producing more inner spiritual experiences, you will find that He will break the hold and take you again to the historic Christ. Never support an experience which does not have God as its Source and faith in God as its result. If you do, your experience is anti-Christian, no matter what visions or insights you may have had. Is Jesus Christ Lord of your experiences, or do you place your experiences above Him? Is any experience dearer to you than your Lord? You must allow Him to be Lord over you, and pay no attention to any experience over which He is not Lord. Then there will come a time when God will make you impatient with your own experience, and you can truthfully say,“I do not care what I experience— I am sure of Him!”

Be relentless and hard on yourself if you are in the habit of talking about the experiences you have had. Faith based on experience is not faith; faith based on God’s revealed truth is the only faith there is.

Bible in One Year: Micah 4-5; Revelation 12
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#410734 Dec 21, 2012
Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
We are apt to think that everything that happens to us is to be turned into useful teaching; it is to be turned into something better than teaching, viz. into character. We shall find that the spheres God brings us into are not meant to teach us something but to make us something. The Love of God—The Ministry of the Unnoticed
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#410735 Dec 21, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me your theory as to what civilization would be like today had there been no Christianity.
I can't answer that and neither can you.

If you claim that christians are good ONLY because they follow this moral code, is it because they truly believe in this morality or is it that they fear the end result and act only out of fear?\

We know of Jews, Hindus, Muslims, non believers etc in the world, but proportionly I don't believe Christians are any more morally responsibile than any of these other groups outside of a few radicals. Can you show me where non christians are not as moral as christians are? I am not talking about isolated incidents.

However we do know that in america our jails and prisons are busting at the seams filled with christians.

We know you have a very narrow vision of what a good christian is. You don't like liberal christians, you don't like the 47,000 nuns in america, I am sure you don't like the 1,000 and growing catholic priests in america who belong to the AUSCP, you don't like any of the molesting clergy or the ones who covered up for them, you don't like catholic newspapers that aren't conservative, you distance your belief from protestants, so that leaves very few people in your camp Anthony.

You believe Jesus taught good messages of morality and goodness, yet 2,000 years after his messages more sin is committed today by christians than any time in the past.

BUSTED!
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#410736 Dec 21, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not say "this is a symbol of My body and blood". If He did, that would be obvious.
He is God. Do you think it's impossible for Him to be there AND in the appearance of bread and wine?
I think that what you are suggesting is unbiblical. When Jesus became flesh, He took on all of the attributes of a normal man. What ou are suggesting is totally foriegn to that. So in answer to your question, NO Jesus' physical body could not be omni-present. And there is no scripture to suggest otherwise.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#410737 Dec 21, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
ANTHONY says......

.........Give me your theory as to what civilization would be like today had there been no Christianity.

Michael says.......If we could all learn to be more compassionate/kind towards each other regardless of their belief, our world would be a much better place. Saying your God is better than someone else's God, or GOD LOVES ME MORE THAN HE LOVES YOU........serves no positive purpose.

As long as we have religions competeing for souls, conflicts will always occur.

......remember if you believe in God, he has no religion.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#410738 Dec 21, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So basically Michael you reject the Person of J e s u s Himself!And for the fact that so many do not understand Who and What He is in relation to human kind.The Jews do not accept Him,so does that mean Michael we should just dump that whole message of Christ into a pit and rather for unity sake endear ourselves to the Jewish cause for self preservation?
Who determines that? Some Rabbi who hates the name of Jesus?Well guess what no human being determines the outcome of what is done eternally to a soul for Christ.Christ is the Eternal Son of God Michael,and no matter what happens to the traditions of MEN over a decision to follow Christ is irrelavant.We who follow Him owe our allegiance to Him,our traditions and religious trappings mean little.
Christ calls men to Himself not to a particular religious organization.AND yes we organized many Christian groups and affiliations,but in the end,if a person is not connected with Jesus Christ Himself,their affiliation of being:Catholic,Protestant or Orthodox means ZILCH.Now if 1,000,000 plus Messianic Jews have embraced Yeshua as their Messiah today,or within this century,do not align themselves with Christian organizations,and YET still live and DIE for Him who was crucified,died and Rose from the grave,than affiliations hold no weight in light of H I M who give life to whoever will believe.
There are even Muslims who are being converted to Jesus,and have to form groups to encourage each other,not calling themselves Catholics,Protestants or Orthodox,but followers of JESUS.Your using Jews who naturelly reject the Messiah to convince me I am narrow-minded to Christ and Christianity is really a waste of time,I understand more than you realize in this matter.Com e up with why you reject H I M yourself?
Pad......be honest.

YOu have expressed your belief and love of Jesus.

If Jesus had NOT offered salvation but was just a good hearted man that lived, would you really give a damn about a Jesus then? Would you still claim to love him as you do today?

If you follow Jesus only because you believe he is going to give you something, isn't that just being selfish? Shouldn't you love someone not for what they are going to do for you but for just being a good person?

Just like a stranger who goes into a bar and yells out "FREE DRINKS ON ME" all of a sudden this stranger to all! becomes loved by all..........only because he gave them something, not because he was anyone special.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#410739 Dec 21, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If only that were true.LOL
Interesting dialogue here;

http://scripturecatholic.xanga.com/703038357/...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#410740 Dec 21, 2012
who="Michael"
No other people from the ENTIRE mediteranean,(millions) including all the Jews from that era and this Jesus was suppose to have been a Jew himself, never claimed such a story to be true....
Something is terribly wrong. Christianity has taken the Jew out of Jesus and made them their own.
BUSTED!

Michael: Some Christians need more Bible study...but no one can 'take the Jew out of Jesus. Some feel that God discarded the Jews because SOME OF THEM demanded Jesus' crucifixion...but that is not true.

God PROMISED the salvation of the Jews...and if He broke one promise, I could not believe any others. The truth is that The Old Covenant and the New Covenant are separate parts of the same Plan. Like cooking, sometimes a thing must be mixed in two parts; one sets to the side while the other is being prepared, then the two are mixed together. The Old and the New will be joined in His time. The Jews are not abandoned...nor will we be...though both of us have often failed Him.

God's love is unconditional...His promises are unfailing.
KayMarie

#410741 Dec 21, 2012
who="Clay"
what? No Pope would ever claim to be the 'greatest' in the Kingdom. Are you nuts? Pride comes before the fall...and Our Popes have been remarkably humble, especially the last couple.
You're manipulating Bible verses again. that's a no no.

Why should he claim to be greatest? He has all of you doing it for him...
KM
Clay

United States

#410742 Dec 21, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If only that were true.LOL
I would question your faith if you thought Christ couldn't be in two places at once.
When He rose from the dead and appeared to the Apostles, was He also still in Heaven?
When you guys pray, and you feel His Spirit, is He not present in all the born agains at the same time?
Then how come you deny Him in the Eucharist - all over the world - at the same time?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#410743 Dec 21, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Pad just in case I don't get a chance Merry Christmas, to you an you family, and many blessings for the New Year.
Wow the weather said it was going to snow and did it ever,
We have 25 cm since yesterday about 1pm and it is still snowing.
It is like that every where.
For the moment LTM the storm that walloped much of the upper mid-west,barely gave us four inches of snow.But there was a warm spell before the cold,and we got more rain than we had all summer.It is a drought here in our area,but the rain will help,but defineately not enough snow to make any difference at all.

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.Wonderful season in spite of all the negative things.But you know we need not focus on Christmas so much as what the Lord wants to do in the lives of many.I am determined to walk in the Light as has been given to me. Knowing that our Witness is to proclaim also the truth,we in light of our many martyrs both yesteryear and to date,we must abide in Him,as He alone holds the eternity of what He is without beginning or END.It is such a blessed hope to us.

I care not about our titles,although it seems to matter greatly to some,who think without that title they are not saved,but as the Angel of Death in Egypt looked upon the Lentil of Blood from a sacrificed Lamb,so the same Angel will see that Blood of the Lamb of God Yeshua over our mantle,and pass over us.

Some here feel that we believe it is exclusive to denomination or Christianity,when in all truth it is only in the only ONE who is Mediator between God and Man,Jesus Christ.That is the powerfrul message of the Father,He wants us to go through His Son,so that His blood and righteousness will cover us and Seal us to that Day of Judgment.It is not a popular message,or one that fits all creeds of religion,but it is a message of a FATHER the Creator to all His Creation,that His only Son paid the ultimate price for the sin and rebellion of human kind since the beginning of all that pertains to E A R T H.

We are just bystanders as it were,who like all the rest of humanity continue to go to and thro in this life.Jesus interrupted my life as it were,and He decided that I should be made aware of His intensions to bring life to all who come to Him,but thankfully before I accepted Him,millions have heard the same message and received Him.May we remain stedfast to His CALL to us,that which we have no power over,we cannot change it,or alter its truth just because we believed in some religion,or some tradition.The Call of Him sent by the Father is world-wide,the sword that separates family members,and causes peoples.customs,and relgious observance to retaliate with persecution against those who respond to the call of Jesus."Come to ME.........."He says,not to a religion,or cultural tradition, an organization of people that reject truth because they were convinced by o n e particular man who is not the Son of God.

We are called to respond to JESUS,His voice we know,and Hear.People from every walk of life,every religion,and every part of this planet have received the CALL,and are responding,we are in a great cloud of witnesses.Jesus is not just a man as some believe,but He is God Incarnate,who knows His Father,and is revealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise.

"Let God be true and every man a liar." We can know the truth,and all of us have access to it,and we will be responsible for what we do with that truth.I do pray of course that the Holy Spirit will reveal the Son to those here who are convinced that Jesus never even existed.I do not condemn anyone here,as only God is Judge of all.But I plead with all to give God a chance,let Him speak quietly to their hearts in tenderness,and reveal to them the beauty of His Son.Jesus is not the Wrath of God,but the full Mercy and JOY,and Love of GOD:Father,Son and Holy Spirit!Take care LTM.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#410744 Dec 21, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I would question your faith if you thought Christ couldn't be in two places at once.
When He rose from the dead and appeared to the Apostles, was He also still in Heaven?
When you guys pray, and you feel His Spirit, is He not present in all the born agains at the same time?
Then how come you deny Him in the Eucharist - all over the world - at the same time?
Oh, Clay...now you are taking about a 'risen Saviour'. That is a horse of a different color. At that point Jesus had laid down the fleshly body and took on a spiritual body. No physical restrictions now apply. Perhaps it would be better for you not to question my faith, but your understanding of scripture.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#410745 Dec 21, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't answer that and neither can you.
If you claim that christians are good ONLY because they follow this moral code, is it because they truly believe in this morality or is it that they fear the end result and act only out of fear?\
We know of Jews, Hindus, Muslims, non believers etc in the world, but proportionly I don't believe Christians are any more morally responsibile than any of these other groups outside of a few radicals. Can you show me where non christians are not as moral as christians are? I am not talking about isolated incidents.
However we do know that in america our jails and prisons are busting at the seams filled with christians.
We know you have a very narrow vision of what a good christian is. You don't like liberal christians, you don't like the 47,000 nuns in america, I am sure you don't like the 1,000 and growing catholic priests in america who belong to the AUSCP, you don't like any of the molesting clergy or the ones who covered up for them, you don't like catholic newspapers that aren't conservative, you distance your belief from protestants, so that leaves very few people in your camp Anthony.
You believe Jesus taught good messages of morality and goodness, yet 2,000 years after his messages more sin is committed today by christians than any time in the past.
BUSTED!
The 'moral code' Jesus preached is a good one. It's the best one yet.

Tell me Mike, where would one find the 'militant atheist moral code'? I mean, what is the origin of your philosophy of not hurting other people? Why wouldn't you as an atheist just take and do whatever you wanted?

#410746 Dec 21, 2012
who="Michael"
FACT:......Jews do not believe in a trinity.
Jesus a Jew, his parents jews, all his friends jews, John Baptist, would also follow jewish tradition and custom of a monotheisic God. They were Jews and that is what Jews believe. If a Jesus preached, he preached the doctrines of the Jewish faith. Why wouldn't he, Christianity had not yet been invented.
makes no common sense!

Common sense = logic. Logic being the fitting together of things in a reasonable way. The wisdom of God is far above our 'reason/knowledge', thus our logic cannot 'fit together' our bits of knowledge with His greater knowledge.

Jesus declared that 'salvation of OF THE JEWS'. John 4:22 He did not deny His Jewish heritage...NOR do Christians who know their Bibles as they should.

Psa. 2:7 has God declaring that "Thou art MY SON, this day have I begotten Thee". Jewish scholars do not acknowledge the Christ...though they teach Him. Some Christian scholars lean the same way in treatment of Jews, because both are limited by their human knowledge/logic.

The just shall live by his faith...
KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 9,605
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr barry 84,339
News Pope's upcoming visit inspires anxiety in Phila... 11 hr policestatepractice 1
News Philly to-do list before the Pope, Democrats ar... 14 hr policestatepractice 1
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 18 hr Chimney1 304
News Drudge Report asks: Is Pope Francis the Antichr... Sun Edithbunker 1
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
More from around the web