Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654272 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#410931 Dec 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple question; try not to fundie two step it, is there any possibility that your god does not exist?
no, I answered you a few posts down.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#410932 Dec 21, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> What proof do you want? Do you want to see Jehovah personaly? Jesus performed miracles walked on water, turned water into wine and they still didn't believe he was God's son...miracle or no miracles if you don't have the right heart condition me turning black and blue trying to convince you is not going to change how you think. Satan has blinded the masses. 2 Corinthains 4:4 among whom the god* of this system of things has blinded the minds of unbelievers....
Evidence will change my mind, not stories from a small group of people, two thousand years ago.

There is plenty of proof in the bible that the god described within it, is not real. If you were as knowledgeable as you claimed, you would know that. You would have also known your god's cure for leprosy and the sacrifice women must give after child birth.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#410933 Dec 21, 2012
Aviela wrote:
My God is the Alpha and Omega...His name is Jehovah his name means *he causes to become*. I worship Moses, Abraham and Isaac's father. The same God that Jesus prayed too. The one who predicted the fall of the Jewish temple and he said it would never be built again and till this day it hasn't been built some thousands of years later.
Hey, I predicted that nothing would happen on May 21, 2011, October 21, 2011 and December 21, 2012 I must be a god or at least a prophet!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#410934 Dec 21, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> no, I answered you a few posts down.
Why would you call me closed minded when it was really you? Did it make you feel better? Now that you are exposed as a liar, how do you feel? Does it even matter?

What does your god think about your lying? Is he proud of you for trying?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#410935 Dec 21, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>this church doesnt allow the women to even cut their hair, and one women got kicked out because she was wearing shorts while cutting grass. there is a law suit going on now because of this church split. a cousin of mine is an "elder" there. he also Preaches. I dont know where he stands as it is none of my business.
I have heard of some holiness churches who didnt want women to wear pants and to keep their hair kinda long but not to the extreme of not allowing them to even cut their hair.
I learned a long time ago, not to say anything to any woman who came into our church.once after I hadnt been saved very long this woman(a poor woman BTW) came in and went to the altar, and this one guy got up and started talking about women coming into the church wearing pants, well needless to say, the woman never came back. God just aint in that
No He isn't in that.

All that does is push people away.

I see no problem with women wearing pants to church.
That could have been all she had to wear.

God knew her heart and it was wrong for that guy to say that.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#410936 Dec 21, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>this church doesnt allow the women to even cut their hair, and one women got kicked out because she was wearing shorts while cutting grass. there is a law suit going on now because of this church split. a cousin of mine is an "elder" there. he also Preaches. I dont know where he stands as it is none of my business.
I have heard of some holiness churches who didnt want women to wear pants and to keep their hair kinda long but not to the extreme of not allowing them to even cut their hair.
I learned a long time ago, not to say anything to any woman who came into our church.once after I hadnt been saved very long this woman(a poor woman BTW) came in and went to the altar, and this one guy got up and started talking about women coming into the church wearing pants, well needless to say, the woman never came back. God just aint in that
Preston In the Orthodox Church the men wear a suit and tie or shirst and tie (me). The women all wear dresses.Its just that way. oone had to tell us.
The priest is very humble and so so sentitive to anyone's feelings know that if an issue came up he would know how to handle it. have seen him handle talking in church and it is done with much respect.At monasteries however women must wear dresses. Sera did not know this, but the sister provided her with a pull over dress in the most respectful of ways. I had a preacher ne insensitive me as a troubled teen and he turned me off church for a long time.

Location hidden

#410937 Dec 21, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
No He isn't in that.
All that does is push people away.
I see no problem with women wearing pants to church.
That could have been all she had to wear.
God knew her heart and it was wrong for that guy to say that.
I agree. The important thing was thjat she was in church

Location hidden

#410938 Dec 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I predicted that nothing would happen on May 21, 2011, October 21, 2011 and December 21, 2012 I must be a god or at least a prophet!
Hwere is an old Kris riostofferson song just for you.

Listen to the words What a songwriter !!!

4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#410939 Dec 21, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is faith of the flesh or the Spirit? If I accept the Eucharist on faith, it's of the Spirit or "supernatural".
Do I have questions? Sometimes. I ask and they are answered. Do I question the answers? In all honesty, I have never received an answer to a matter of faith that I found questionable.
Do you question Southern baptist teaching? Do you accept the answers you get? Are there any questions that haven't been answered to your satisfaction? What then?
Scripture tells us that it is the Spirit that produces a New Birth, which produces salvation which is eternal life. Notice: The Spirit gives birth(new birth) the beginning of life. It is not the flesh. Not in eating the body of a diety.
Yes I question many beliefs, and I have rejected many explanations. Christians do not have all the answers to all things spiritual. Nor do they have to. As in life, so in the scriptures, there are majors and minors. There are some things we can agree to disagree about. And there are other things that are non-negotiable. Should we have the Lord's supper every week or once a month or quarterly? Scripture does not mandate, so we can disagree. On the other hand, what is required for salvation is non-negotiable. It is a reason for seperation.
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#410940 Dec 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence will change my mind, not stories from a small group of people, two thousand years ago.
There is plenty of proof in the bible that the god described within it, is not real. If you were as knowledgeable as you claimed, you would know that. You would have also known your god's cure for leprosy and the sacrifice women must give after child birth.
Show me a scriptures that God isn't real?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#410941 Dec 21, 2012
Aviela wrote:
My God is the Alpha and Omega...His name is Jehovah his name means *he causes to become*. I worship Moses, Abraham and Isaac's father. The same God that Jesus prayed too. The one who predicted the fall of the Jewish temple and he said it would never be built again and till this day it hasn't been built some thousands of years later.
Isaiah 41:4
Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? >>>I the LORD, the first, and with the last; >>>I am he.

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts;
>>I am the first, and I am the last<<

>>>>and beside me there is no God.<<<<

Revelation 2
8And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;

These things saith >>the first and the last<<,
>>>>>which was dead,
>>>>and is alive;

How can you say that Jesus Christ is not the first and the last when the scriptures say He is?
If they are not the same then why does the above scripture say the first and the last
>>>which was dead,
and is alive?<<<<

Who was dead and now is alive?

Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord,

which is,
>>>and which was,
>>>>and which is to come, the Almighty.

Now who is coming back?
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#410942 Dec 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief is not proof. You still are not going to admit that it is your mind that is closed?
Do you believe all the Bible prophecys that came true happened by chance? Luck? Or its just a book written by old white men who had nothing better to do? After all it took 40 men to write the Bible and it took 1600 years for it to be completed.. Is it chance that these men happened to be in agreement with each other? Some predicted the coming of Jesus...many years before he came. Zedekiah was talked about in the Bible he was the last king of the Jews was that all chance? Pontious Pilot is a historical person. Did the Bible just out of the blues come up with that name...the Bible plainly said that the earth is round thousands of years before Christopher Columbus took a trip. It even explains why we have rainbows. Why grow old and die. It explains how all the races come from Noah's sons. The Bible has been published in more than 2,300 languages it is available to more than 90 percent of the world's population. The ones that wrote the Bible were farmers, fishermen, sheperds, prophets, judges, kings, and a doctor. The Bible is harmonious from beginning to end. If that isn't God's power then what is?

Do tell please.
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#410943 Dec 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! Now will you admit that it is your mind that is closed, not my?
No, I didn't think you would. That would take balls and your god must have gotten them with your foreskin.
Here I am proving to you that Jehovah exist and he is behind the writtings in the Bible but yet you haven't proved to me that there is no God.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#410944 Dec 21, 2012
How can Jesus' statement, "IT IS FINISHED', be reconciled with the continual 'RE-PRESENTING' OF CHRIST'S sacrifice in the Mass?
preston

Athens, OH

#410945 Dec 21, 2012
Aviela wrote:

you worship Moses abraham, I Isaac"s father, EXCUSE ME BUT THAT IS ABRAHAM. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU TALK

Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:

In this verse, we see the Prophecy of God bringing the jewish people home, and for years, slowly, they are coming Home.

I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the LORD your God.

He keeps His Promises, but in His time, not ours.One of the most prophesied events in the scriptures is the gathering of Israel. Israel’s gathering is central to God’s relationship with Abraham’s descendents. God’s relationship with Israel is eternal. God gave his word to Abraham, Moses and the other prophets about his unique relationship with Israel.
http://www.truthnet.org/Endtimes/7/
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#410946 Dec 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple question; try not to fundie two step it, is there any possibility that your god does not exist?
The Bible contains numerous prophecies, many of which have allready been fullfilled. The prophet Isaiah who lived in the 8th century B.C.E., Jehovah fortold that the city of Babylon would be destroyed.(Isaiah 13:19; 14: 22,23) Details were given to show just how this would happen. Invading armies would dry up Babylon's river and march into the city without a battle. That is not all. Isaiah' prophecy even named the king who would coquer Babylon (CYRUS) Isaiah 44:27-45:2.

CYRUS destroyed Babylon the Bible fortold that Babylon will never again be inhabited. If you go to the middle east you can still find the ruins. Was that chance or just a lucky strike? Do tell...
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#410947 Dec 21, 2012
Was Peter ever in Rome? The first 15 chapters of the book of Acts show that Peter was in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, Galilee and Antioch. But there is naver any mention of Rome.
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#410948 Dec 21, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Show me a scriptures that God isn't real?
tic toc tic toc...ticky toc...
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#410949 Dec 21, 2012
preston wrote:
Aviela wrote:
you worship Moses abraham, I Isaac"s father, EXCUSE ME BUT THAT IS ABRAHAM. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU TALK
Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:
In this verse, we see the Prophecy of God bringing the jewish people home, and for years, slowly, they are coming Home.
I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the LORD your God.
He keeps His Promises, but in His time, not ours.One of the most prophesied events in the scriptures is the gathering of Israel. Israel’s gathering is central to God’s relationship with Abraham’s descendents. God’s relationship with Israel is eternal. God gave his word to Abraham, Moses and the other prophets about his unique relationship with Israel.
http://www.truthnet.org/Endtimes/7/
I'm sorry are you into the trinity? I dont understand what you're trying to say.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#410950 Dec 21, 2012
It is quite interesting that the apostle Paul , in his epistle to the Romans(written about A.D. 58), greets some 26 people by name, BUT PETER IS NOT ONE OF THEM. It impossible to think that Paul would have failed to greet Peter if Peter had indeeed been headquartered in Rome(since A.D. 42, according to Catholics).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web