Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
395,501 - 395,520 of 532,626 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
God has not forgotten His original covenant with Abraham..
The parable of the prodigal son is about the return of Israel..
THEIR LEAVING THE FATHERS HOUSE AND RETURNING..
Luk 15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
Luk 15:12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
Luk 15:13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
Luk 15:14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
Luk 15:15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
Luk 15:16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
Luk 15:17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
Luk 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
Luk 15:19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
Luk 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
Luk 15:21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
Luk 15:22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
Luk 15:23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
Luk 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
Luk 15:25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
Luk 15:26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
Luk 15:27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
Luk 15:28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
Luk 15:29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
Luk 15:30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
Luk 15:31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
Luk 15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.
They have squandered their inheritance,
but they will return to the fathers house...
He will bathe them in the Blood of Jesus,
place a robe of righteousness upon them
AND SHOD THE FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
a ring upon their finger as a part of the bride of Christ
___
Many from The modern Gentile Church will be jealous of their return..
for according to the scripture...THEY WILL..RETURN
and
-->they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.<--
Do you know what spiritual Isreal is?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

SEE ow-full accuser..why you always some with your smart way as dictate.
''abortion''
o really
''conciseness of man''
Is there that man have something in head as conciseness which sustain his ow-full behavior as pleasure as playboy?
Why man is better?They believe in Jesus Christ or any God where man is head.

go away Satan

Your mind is not my.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

who="Anthony MN"
Medieval Inquisition
Punishment
Among the possible punishments were prayer, pilgrimage, wearing a yellow cross for life, banishment, public recantation, or, occasionally, long-term imprisonment. The unrepentant and apostates could be "relaxed" to secular authority, however, opening the convicted to the possibility of various corporal punishments, up to and including being burned at the stake. Execution was neither performed by the Church, nor was it a sentence available to the officials involved in the inquisition, who, as clerics, were forbidden to kill. The accused also faced the possibility that his or her property might be confiscated. In some cases, accusers may have been motivated by a desire to take the property of the accused, though this is a difficult assertion to prove in the majority of areas where the inquisition was active, as the inquisition had several layers of oversight built into its framework in a specific attempt to limit prosecutorial misconduct.
The inquisitors generally preferred not to hand over heretics to the secular arm for execution if they could persuade the heretic to repent: Ecclesia non novit sanguinem. For example, Bernard Gui, a famous inquisitor working in the area of Carcassonne (in modern France), executed 42 people out of over 900 guilty verdicts in fifteen years of office. Execution was to admit defeat, that the Church was unable to save a soul from imagined heresy, which was the goal of the inquisition.[citation needed]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Inquisi...
Thank you for presenting this. Is there ANY way that you can approve of:
(1)That shameful yellow cross, or,
(2)Banishment, or,
(3)Imprisonment, or (other)
Of people whose 'sin' was not believing the same as the CC ???
Can you imagine the (I can't think of a word...gall, maybe?) of a 'church' that serves God Who IS Love, that would turn one of their dissidents over to a secular government for 'inquisition', KNOWING that the likely end was death?
So, they wouldn't do it, IF they could persuade the 'heretic' to REPENT? Who is to decide who the 'heretic' is, here? The commandment is, "Thou SHALT NOT KILL." One who delivers another to his death is as guilty as the executioner. I see the torturer and/or murderer as the real heretic.
Our Savior said, "Come unto Me, all you that labor, and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." "I am come that they might have LIFE, and have it more abundantly." "God did NOT send His Son into the world to condemn the world."
Islam's followers kill their dissidents (infidels)...unless they will recant and accept Islam. Or bow themselves and pay a tax to them. Sounds like the same plan: YOU do as I say...OR ELSE!
That famous inquisitor...was he supposed to be merciful in executing ONLY 42 people?(The other 858 ONLY have to go to prison?)
I assume that since you presented this, you think it to be acceptable?
MERCY !!!
KayMarie
While your husband screams "MILLIONS WERE BRUTALLY TORTURED AND KILLED!!!", it's not true...not by a long shot.

The heretics of the time were not the protestants of today. They were muslims and people who would have been considered heretics by your community today as well. You too would throw them out of your gatherings, just 'maybe' not as violently.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
God has not forgotten His original covenant with Abraham..
The parable of the prodigal son is about the return of Israel..
THEIR LEAVING THE FATHERS HOUSE AND RETURNING..
Luk 15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
Luk 15:12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
Luk 15:13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
Luk 15:14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
Luk 15:15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
Luk 15:16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
Luk 15:17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
Luk 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
Luk 15:19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
Luk 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
Luk 15:21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
Luk 15:22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
Luk 15:23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
Luk 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
Luk 15:25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
Luk 15:26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
Luk 15:27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
Luk 15:28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
Luk 15:29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
Luk 15:30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
Luk 15:31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
Luk 15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.
They have squandered their inheritance,
but they will return to the fathers house...
He will bathe them in the Blood of Jesus,
place a robe of righteousness upon them
AND SHOD THE FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
a ring upon their finger as a part of the bride of Christ
___
Many from The modern Gentile Church will be jealous of their return..
for according to the scripture...THEY WILL..RETURN
and
-->they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.<--
Hello, do you know what spiritual Isreal is?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Your church confess
my sin
my sin
my biggest sin

Sin is with mind=conciseness
sin is with word
sin is with mistake

Your atheist teacher teach some sin as error is catastrophic too.
by

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN
Peace
It is not my gentleness....
Admire Mary and Joseph....
I am but a stable, into which, Mary in all her motherly gentleness places her baby Jesus, ino my heart, an empty manger.
RESPONSE: Jesus enters the heart of a believer when He is invited in. Mary does not place Him there.
4GVN

I am but like a lowly stable, into which, the faithful Mary and Joseph come, and in her motherly love, gently places her baby Jesus, in an empty manger, as into my wretched heart....
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

''Who ever call deeply from heart upon his name will be save''
Lord is always stay as preserve of his words..in beginning is words of creation.
Are you dined that?
by confe
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

preserve holy words on judgment day as false witness is most harsh ow-full lips as well lost soul..don't you..
Did you sold your soul to whom..wicket and Satanic world.
''they attacking you because of me, why?..corupt wicket satanic world do to him before''

Jesus Christ preserve every words.

Your justice is not my!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
NO CORRUPTIBLE MAN ON EARTH FOUNDED THE TRUE CHURCH...
The True Church (UNDER GRACE) was birth through the travail/sufferings,
death ....of Jesus Christ His son and came forth with Him from the tomb
on the third day AND WILL SOON FOLLOW HIM IN HIS ASCENSION WHEN JESU
CATCHES AWAY HIS BRIDE.
Jesus founded the Church ON St. Peter, the Rock. He gave him the keys. He authorized him to loose and bind.

You should listen to St. Peter and his successors.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
It is interesting to note that while Peter is prominent in the first 12 books of Acts, the apolstle Paul is the prominent figure in chapters 13-28. This makes no sense if Peter had become pope.
It makes no sense to you because you don't know what a pope is.

I'll help. Imagine sitting in a your community building listening to one of the preachers you think is agreat. You would say that the Holy Spirit is guiding him in his preaching. We think the same about the pope.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

prayers
God always listen prayers.

I am in prayers, for my love what they return.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The point has been made since day one of this board that the actions of some of those IN the Church do not always coincide with the teachings of the Church. They would be accountable to Christ's judgement.
Consider today's society in which a million babies are aborted each year...in this country alone. We can hardly pass judgement on the kill or be killed environment of a 1000 years ago.
Why would Jesus suffer and die -- but then appoint a "one true church," headed by His earthly vicar -- to bring the world perfect teachings on morals -- but not make sure that church was an indisputable moral leader itself, and an earthly standard for Himself.

A few bad apples, OK.

But not on the Institutional scale we've seen so many times, and no way can a simple "oops" explain the words and actions of many, many of Jesus' supposed vicars.

You are insisting that Jesus doesn't have higher, uncompromising standards for HIS one-truly guided Church and vicars.

Nope, there is no way that Jesus of the Bible would have guided His one true Church into so many FUBAR situations.

No one-true church of Jesus would ever cause Ireland to break diplomatic relations.

Ireland!

Nope, I don't buy it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So two questions must be addressed. What was the rock upon which JESUS will build HIS church. And how is Jesus' church built.
Let's look first at how Jesus builds His church. How does the church grow? It grows as people(who are the church) are added. And how are these people added? They are added when they come to believe in and recieve Him as who He claims to be; the 'Saviour of the World'.
By understanding this basic principle we can get a better understanding of what the 'ROCK' was that Jesus was referring to. The rock is the 'profession' that Peter had just made in response to Jesus' question of 'Who do men say that I am....and who do YOU say that I am.' Certainly Peter does not show himself to be a rock in his denial and cursing of Jesus. Jesus builds HIS CHURCT one person at a time and they come to have faith in Him and 'profess' that faith.
After calling St. Peter the rock, He gives him the keys and authorizes him to bind and loose. He tells St. Peter he received a divine revalation straight from Godd.

I think, as does the earliest Christian witness, that St. Peter, and his confession, is the rock.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

In beginning is words of Creation.
Thanks to Creator for visible and not visible world.
Thanks for my life as creation on his image.
Thanks to every bit of my heart where my soul rest.

go away Satan from me
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus founded the Church ON St. Peter, the Rock. He gave him the keys. He authorized him to loose and bind.
You should listen to St. Peter and his successors.
Is this the same 'ROCK' who denied Jesus and cursed Him. Is this the 'ROCK' on which you base your beliefs? My 'ROCK' is better than your 'ROCK'.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no sense to you because you don't know what a pope is.
I'll help. Imagine sitting in a your community building listening to one of the preachers you think is agreat. You would say that the Holy Spirit is guiding him in his preaching. We think the same about the pope.
The difference is that Preachers are taught about in GOD'S instruction manual. The Papacy is not.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Jesus suffer and die -- but then appoint a "one true church," headed by His earthly vicar -- to bring the world perfect teachings on morals -- but not make sure that church was an indisputable moral leader itself, and an earthly standard for Himself.
A few bad apples, OK.
But not on the Institutional scale we've seen so many times, and no way can a simple "oops" explain the words and actions of many, many of Jesus' supposed vicars.
You are insisting that Jesus doesn't have higher, uncompromising standards for HIS one-truly guided Church and vicars.
Nope, there is no way that Jesus of the Bible would have guided His one true Church into so many FUBAR situations.
No one-true church of Jesus would ever cause Ireland to break diplomatic relations.
Ireland!
Nope, I don't buy it.
Fine. Don't buy it. No skin off my teeth.

Remember that Israel was very, very naughty for a couple thousand years. God still loves them.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know what spiritual Isreal is?
Israel was physical in their relationship with God

The Gentile Church under grace... is Spiritual Israel...and soon Israel will join them

Abraham's/Israel's covenant was set by physical circumcise

the born again Christian has Spiritual circumcision of the heart.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

The Bible says

Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Israel was physical in their relationship with God
The Gentile Church under grace... is Spiritual Israel...and soon Israel will join them
Abraham's/Israel's covenant was set by physical circumcise
the born again Christian has Spiritual circumcision of the heart.
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
The Bible says
Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Hello, hold that thought. I would like to continue our conversation but I'm eating pumping pie right now. I will respond later on when I do my Bible research. Talk to you soon:oD
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The difference is that Preachers are taught about in GOD'S instruction manual. The Papacy is not.
Actually the difference is that most of the preachers you think are great, you also consider them to be preaching infallibly. The pope, only rarely (less than ten times in the last millenia) is said to have spoken infallibly. You put more power into the hands of your preacher than Catholics do the pope.

As I said, you don't know what the pope is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Ecko 8,126
More 20 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 21 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 21 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••