Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,577
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410571 Dec 20, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel was physical in their relationship with God
The Gentile Church under grace... is Spiritual Israel...and soon Israel will join them
Abraham's/Israel's covenant was set by physical circumcise
the born again Christian has Spiritual circumcision of the heart.
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
The Bible says
Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Hello, hold that thought. I would like to continue our conversation but I'm eating pumping pie right now. I will respond later on when I do my Bible research. Talk to you soon:oD
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#410572 Dec 20, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The difference is that Preachers are taught about in GOD'S instruction manual. The Papacy is not.
Actually the difference is that most of the preachers you think are great, you also consider them to be preaching infallibly. The pope, only rarely (less than ten times in the last millenia) is said to have spoken infallibly. You put more power into the hands of your preacher than Catholics do the pope.

As I said, you don't know what the pope is.
Jeremiah

Anniston, AL

#410573 Dec 20, 2012
I guess the vatican forgot about when they broke off from the Orthodox church.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#410574 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the difference is that most of the preachers you think are great, you also consider them to be preaching infallibly. The pope, only rarely (less than ten times in the last millenia) is said to have spoken infallibly. You put more power into the hands of your preacher than Catholics do the pope.
Funny that you are now trying to tell me what I believe. You are incorrect. And I repeat. Preaching is biblical. Papacy is not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#410575 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's from wikipedia, hardly a friend of the Catholic Church.
Here is the history....Power/Control and Greed!

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

UNBELIEVABLE!
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#410576 Dec 20, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN
I am but like a lowly stable, into which, the faithful Mary and Joseph come, and in her motherly love, gently places her baby Jesus, in an empty manger, as into my wretched heart....
I am sorry for your lack of understanding. But what you are claiming is not biblical.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#410577 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
After calling St. Peter the rock, He gives him the keys and authorizes him to bind and loose. He tells St. Peter he received a divine revalation straight from Godd.
I think, as does the earliest Christian witness, that St. Peter, and his confession, is the rock.
I am afraid that you are mistaken on both counts. The confession is the ROCK that the church is built on. One does not even have to know about Peter to become a part of the church. But one must profess Christ.
How is one bound or loosed? Is one loosed from thier sins by Jesus or by a man? Who is one saved from the penalty of thier sins? Is there any way except by the GOSPEL? Those are the 'keys'. The charge to preach the GOSPEL. That is the ONLY way one is 'loosed' from thier sin debt.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410578 Dec 20, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Funny that you are now trying to tell me what I believe. You are incorrect. And I repeat. Preaching is biblical. Papacy is not.
Agreed preaching is Biblical.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410579 Dec 20, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the history....Power/Control and Greed!
http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm
UNBELIEVABLE!
Good link. Note how often the term Catholic appears in the atrocity list, even post Reformation. Catholic concentration camps in Europe and in Asia, in two different eras.

No one is perfect, but Jesus didn't create a powerful organization to murder people for Him, or cover-up child sex-abuse for centuries.

A "few sinners" don't create a worldwide, systematic cover-up.

And Jesus isn't culpable in such abuse.

These facts are self-evident to all but a minority of totalitarians.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410580 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. Don't buy it. No skin off my teeth.
Remember that Israel was very, very naughty for a couple thousand years. God still loves them.
That's a bazaar statement.

What does Israel supposedly being "naughty" have to do with the deeds of a Church supposedly appointed by Jesus to show us how NOT to be naughty?

You seem to be saying that God just keeps effing-up by picking people and churches that never seem to make the grade.

Bazaar.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410581 Dec 20, 2012
It's not Wikipedia that's so bad....

The FACTS are bad, because some simply cannot accept.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#410582 Dec 20, 2012
who="truth"Bring me that book..i constantly repeat to my husbund..after 3 days in pain i finish in very nice hospital as well except from very nice people which lips speak so sweet..we pay private cover but i dont have doctor near me on my son birth..simple left in birth pain from very nice diploma with very nice suits as well attitude.
I repet many times..please go home i bag you..its last if i died..please bring me that book..if i died i your hand i comited oldest so..but my soul to whom be concern is my sweet my God to whom I personally belive.
I been reject from nice lips with nice suits with nice attitude..yes it is as it is..After all night
in morning my husbund entering with orange book ..book with prayers with words which i always pray as Zavite as convent without shoes..
Almighty God +
Alive God +
Mortal God+
After 3 days in pain just 3x words with book over-myself my son go out..
if you believe just grain of that seeds
don't be afraid from any pain..god always listen prayers.
nobody around me..no nurse ..no doctors
Did i need pay private cover up?
My son my beautiful Son give me some angels cover up with wings as zavite convent as promise as great bond as love between mother as well son too.
byyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks for telling us. God IS alive, and is present to help us. How old is your son now?

Merry Christmas. God bless you.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#410583 Dec 20, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Good link. Note how often the term Catholic appears in the atrocity list, even post Reformation. Catholic concentration camps in Europe and in Asia, in two different eras.
No one is perfect, but Jesus didn't create a powerful organization to murder people for Him, or cover-up child sex-abuse for centuries.
A "few sinners" don't create a worldwide, systematic cover-up.
And Jesus isn't culpable in such abuse.
These facts are self-evident to all but a minority of totalitarians.
So you put your faith in the scholarly work found on "Acharya S's" cheesy website and an article written by "Kelsos" (no last name).

lol.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#410584 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and that is incredibly ironic. In fact, 4gvn and many others on here assume more authority than any Pope the Catholic Church ever had.
Is there a doctrine these people haven't changed??

#410585 Dec 20, 2012
who="4GVN" So two questions must be addressed. What was the rock upon which JESUS will build HIS church. And how is Jesus' church built.
Let's look first at how Jesus builds His church. How does the church grow? It grows as people(who are the church) are added. And how are these people added? They are added when they come to believe in and recieve Him as who He claims to be; the 'Saviour of the World'.
By understanding this basic principle we can get a better understanding of what the 'ROCK' was that Jesus was referring to. The rock is the 'profession' that Peter had just made in response to Jesus' question of 'Who do men say that I am....and who do YOU say that I am.' Certainly Peter does not show himself to be a rock in his denial and cursing of Jesus. Jesus builds HIS CHURCT one person at a time and they come to have faith in Him and 'profess' that faith.

Just a bit more clarity...the ROCK is the Revelation of Truth to mankind BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. Jesus said, "Flesh and blood (Peter or any man) DID NOT REVEAL this to you, but My Father."

True, Jesus called Peter a rock (Greek says 'small stone' or 'piece of rock', but note what Peter has to say about it:

1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

So Peter declares Jesus (not himself) to be the chief corner stone upon Whom we are to believe.

KayMarie
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#410586 Dec 20, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I am afraid that you are mistaken on both counts. The confession is the ROCK that the church is built on. One does not even have to know about Peter to become a part of the church. But one must profess Christ.
How is one bound or loosed? Is one loosed from thier sins by Jesus or by a man? Who is one saved from the penalty of thier sins? Is there any way except by the GOSPEL? Those are the 'keys'. The charge to preach the GOSPEL. That is the ONLY way one is 'loosed' from thier sin debt.
Man 4gvn, do you realize that if Our Lord Jesus Christ indeed made Peter the first leader of His Church, and you just reversed what the Son of Man established, you're likely going to hell?

Do you realize that if Our Lord Jesus Christ indeed establish the bread and wine as His very real presence in the Eucharist, but you (and others) overruled Him, you will likely go to hell?

The list goes on and on....

you people have reversed all earlier understandings of Christianity.

So, for you its either:

A. the Apostles and everyone they taught completely messed up Christ's will...The Church He started and PROMISED to be with until the end, got really corrupted, so Our Lord revealed it to you and other born agains 1,800 yrs later, using private interpretation of the Bible .

or

B. The Catholic Church is correct.

Man, you got some huge gonads 4gvn. You're up against a great deal of historical evidence and logic. Im not sure how long you'll be able to wash your hands with ignorance.

#410587 Dec 20, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
While your husband screams "MILLIONS WERE BRUTALLY TORTURED AND KILLED!!!", it's not true...not by a long shot.
The heretics of the time were not the protestants of today. They were muslims and people who would have been considered heretics by your community today as well. You too would throw them out of your gatherings, just 'maybe' not as violently.
We don't throw Muslims out, or other so-called heretics; not even Catholics.:) We offer God's love and forgiveness...and allow them to accept or reject it on their own time.

#410588 Dec 20, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Jesus founded the Church ON St. Peter, the Rock. He gave him the keys. He authorized him to loose and bind.
You should listen to St. Peter and his successors.

I just gave you Peter's own words. Jesus Christ is THE Rock...
KayMarie

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#410589 Dec 20, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Big mistake. Now the Easter Bunny will send you to Hell forever.
Damnit!!
Anthony MN

United States

#410590 Dec 20, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Funny that you are now trying to tell me what I believe. You are incorrect. And I repeat. Preaching is biblical. Papacy is not.
The pope preaches.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web