Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,234
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#410562 Dec 20, 2012
4GVN wrote:
It is interesting to note that while Peter is prominent in the first 12 books of Acts, the apolstle Paul is the prominent figure in chapters 13-28. This makes no sense if Peter had become pope.
It makes no sense to you because you don't know what a pope is.

I'll help. Imagine sitting in a your community building listening to one of the preachers you think is agreat. You would say that the Holy Spirit is guiding him in his preaching. We think the same about the pope.
truth

Perth, Australia

#410563 Dec 20, 2012
prayers
God always listen prayers.

I am in prayers, for my love what they return.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410564 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The point has been made since day one of this board that the actions of some of those IN the Church do not always coincide with the teachings of the Church. They would be accountable to Christ's judgement.
Consider today's society in which a million babies are aborted each year...in this country alone. We can hardly pass judgement on the kill or be killed environment of a 1000 years ago.
Why would Jesus suffer and die -- but then appoint a "one true church," headed by His earthly vicar -- to bring the world perfect teachings on morals -- but not make sure that church was an indisputable moral leader itself, and an earthly standard for Himself.

A few bad apples, OK.

But not on the Institutional scale we've seen so many times, and no way can a simple "oops" explain the words and actions of many, many of Jesus' supposed vicars.

You are insisting that Jesus doesn't have higher, uncompromising standards for HIS one-truly guided Church and vicars.

Nope, there is no way that Jesus of the Bible would have guided His one true Church into so many FUBAR situations.

No one-true church of Jesus would ever cause Ireland to break diplomatic relations.

Ireland!

Nope, I don't buy it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#410565 Dec 20, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So two questions must be addressed. What was the rock upon which JESUS will build HIS church. And how is Jesus' church built.
Let's look first at how Jesus builds His church. How does the church grow? It grows as people(who are the church) are added. And how are these people added? They are added when they come to believe in and recieve Him as who He claims to be; the 'Saviour of the World'.
By understanding this basic principle we can get a better understanding of what the 'ROCK' was that Jesus was referring to. The rock is the 'profession' that Peter had just made in response to Jesus' question of 'Who do men say that I am....and who do YOU say that I am.' Certainly Peter does not show himself to be a rock in his denial and cursing of Jesus. Jesus builds HIS CHURCT one person at a time and they come to have faith in Him and 'profess' that faith.
After calling St. Peter the rock, He gives him the keys and authorizes him to bind and loose. He tells St. Peter he received a divine revalation straight from Godd.

I think, as does the earliest Christian witness, that St. Peter, and his confession, is the rock.
truth

Perth, Australia

#410566 Dec 20, 2012
In beginning is words of Creation.
Thanks to Creator for visible and not visible world.
Thanks for my life as creation on his image.
Thanks to every bit of my heart where my soul rest.

go away Satan from me
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#410567 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus founded the Church ON St. Peter, the Rock. He gave him the keys. He authorized him to loose and bind.
You should listen to St. Peter and his successors.
Is this the same 'ROCK' who denied Jesus and cursed Him. Is this the 'ROCK' on which you base your beliefs? My 'ROCK' is better than your 'ROCK'.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#410568 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no sense to you because you don't know what a pope is.
I'll help. Imagine sitting in a your community building listening to one of the preachers you think is agreat. You would say that the Holy Spirit is guiding him in his preaching. We think the same about the pope.
The difference is that Preachers are taught about in GOD'S instruction manual. The Papacy is not.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#410569 Dec 20, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Jesus suffer and die -- but then appoint a "one true church," headed by His earthly vicar -- to bring the world perfect teachings on morals -- but not make sure that church was an indisputable moral leader itself, and an earthly standard for Himself.
A few bad apples, OK.
But not on the Institutional scale we've seen so many times, and no way can a simple "oops" explain the words and actions of many, many of Jesus' supposed vicars.
You are insisting that Jesus doesn't have higher, uncompromising standards for HIS one-truly guided Church and vicars.
Nope, there is no way that Jesus of the Bible would have guided His one true Church into so many FUBAR situations.
No one-true church of Jesus would ever cause Ireland to break diplomatic relations.
Ireland!
Nope, I don't buy it.
Fine. Don't buy it. No skin off my teeth.

Remember that Israel was very, very naughty for a couple thousand years. God still loves them.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#410570 Dec 20, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know what spiritual Isreal is?
Israel was physical in their relationship with God

The Gentile Church under grace... is Spiritual Israel...and soon Israel will join them

Abraham's/Israel's covenant was set by physical circumcise

the born again Christian has Spiritual circumcision of the heart.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

The Bible says

Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410571 Dec 20, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel was physical in their relationship with God
The Gentile Church under grace... is Spiritual Israel...and soon Israel will join them
Abraham's/Israel's covenant was set by physical circumcise
the born again Christian has Spiritual circumcision of the heart.
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
The Bible says
Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Hello, hold that thought. I would like to continue our conversation but I'm eating pumping pie right now. I will respond later on when I do my Bible research. Talk to you soon:oD
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#410572 Dec 20, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The difference is that Preachers are taught about in GOD'S instruction manual. The Papacy is not.
Actually the difference is that most of the preachers you think are great, you also consider them to be preaching infallibly. The pope, only rarely (less than ten times in the last millenia) is said to have spoken infallibly. You put more power into the hands of your preacher than Catholics do the pope.

As I said, you don't know what the pope is.
Jeremiah

Anniston, AL

#410573 Dec 20, 2012
I guess the vatican forgot about when they broke off from the Orthodox church.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#410574 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the difference is that most of the preachers you think are great, you also consider them to be preaching infallibly. The pope, only rarely (less than ten times in the last millenia) is said to have spoken infallibly. You put more power into the hands of your preacher than Catholics do the pope.
As I said, you don't know what the pope is.
Funny that you are now trying to tell me what I believe. You are incorrect. And I repeat. Preaching is biblical. Papacy is not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#410575 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's from wikipedia, hardly a friend of the Catholic Church.
Here is the history....Power/Control and Greed!

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

UNBELIEVABLE!
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#410576 Dec 20, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN
I am but like a lowly stable, into which, the faithful Mary and Joseph come, and in her motherly love, gently places her baby Jesus, in an empty manger, as into my wretched heart....
I am sorry for your lack of understanding. But what you are claiming is not biblical.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#410577 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
After calling St. Peter the rock, He gives him the keys and authorizes him to bind and loose. He tells St. Peter he received a divine revalation straight from Godd.
I think, as does the earliest Christian witness, that St. Peter, and his confession, is the rock.
I am afraid that you are mistaken on both counts. The confession is the ROCK that the church is built on. One does not even have to know about Peter to become a part of the church. But one must profess Christ.
How is one bound or loosed? Is one loosed from thier sins by Jesus or by a man? Who is one saved from the penalty of thier sins? Is there any way except by the GOSPEL? Those are the 'keys'. The charge to preach the GOSPEL. That is the ONLY way one is 'loosed' from thier sin debt.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410578 Dec 20, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Funny that you are now trying to tell me what I believe. You are incorrect. And I repeat. Preaching is biblical. Papacy is not.
Agreed preaching is Biblical.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410579 Dec 20, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the history....Power/Control and Greed!
http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm
UNBELIEVABLE!
Good link. Note how often the term Catholic appears in the atrocity list, even post Reformation. Catholic concentration camps in Europe and in Asia, in two different eras.

No one is perfect, but Jesus didn't create a powerful organization to murder people for Him, or cover-up child sex-abuse for centuries.

A "few sinners" don't create a worldwide, systematic cover-up.

And Jesus isn't culpable in such abuse.

These facts are self-evident to all but a minority of totalitarians.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410580 Dec 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. Don't buy it. No skin off my teeth.
Remember that Israel was very, very naughty for a couple thousand years. God still loves them.
That's a bazaar statement.

What does Israel supposedly being "naughty" have to do with the deeds of a Church supposedly appointed by Jesus to show us how NOT to be naughty?

You seem to be saying that God just keeps effing-up by picking people and churches that never seem to make the grade.

Bazaar.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410581 Dec 20, 2012
It's not Wikipedia that's so bad....

The FACTS are bad, because some simply cannot accept.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 min Married in 8,507
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 10 hr Miss New Thing 3
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE