Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
395,481 - 395,500 of 533,371 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
A shelf life?
That's poetic in a way.
Perhaps they will heed Michael's warning and change their evil ways.
Doubtful, but one can hope.
Have a Merry Christmas and holiday season.

After the birth again of Jesus next tuesday for the 2019th time, the catholics on this forum will be at it again..........we will be ready for them. lol!
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

No apostle attained a supreme position in N.T. times. All of the N.T. verses that speak of Peter are silent about any alleged supremacy on his part.
IF Peter became pope, wouldn't at least one bible verse clearly say so?
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

It is interesting to note that while Peter is prominent in the first 12 books of Acts, the apolstle Paul is the prominent figure in chapters 13-28. This makes no sense if Peter had become pope.
asking

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

It is sad that cildren have been molested and other crimes down through hitory have taken place with the full knowledge of the churh and the Pope and yet it has only been dealt with when victims came forward on their own.Why didn't theso called church deal with it in stead of sweeping it under thw rug?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> They WERE his chosen people. NOT anymore.
God has not forgotten His original covenant with Abraham..

The parable of the prodigal son is about the return of Israel..

THEIR LEAVING THE FATHERS HOUSE AND RETURNING..

Luk 15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:

Luk 15:12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

Luk 15:13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

Luk 15:14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

Luk 15:15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

Luk 15:16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

Luk 15:17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

Luk 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

Luk 15:19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

Luk 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

Luk 15:21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

Luk 15:22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

Luk 15:23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

Luk 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Luk 15:25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.

Luk 15:26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.

Luk 15:27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.

Luk 15:28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.

Luk 15:29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:

Luk 15:30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.

Luk 15:31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

Luk 15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

They have squandered their inheritance,

but they will return to the fathers house...

He will bathe them in the Blood of Jesus,

place a robe of righteousness upon them

AND SHOD THE FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

a ring upon their finger as a part of the bride of Christ

___

Many from The modern Gentile Church will be jealous of their return..

for according to the scripture...THEY WILL..RETURN

and

-->they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.<--
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

you help is zero
as well be zero
thanks to rich corupt world..you know satanic way as well wicket ow-full world can't offer nothing at all
for salvation..
by

more worthy'' water as well bread from bless wheat on my father table which represent goodness''..
then your entire luxury hotels around world..

More worthy my mother or my zavite as convent without shoes as Foot of Jesus Christ because we follow him with tears and joy too..

then your rock where you dash your sandals..

''foot of Jesus Christ be united with our foot as well prayers and tears which we represent for our salvation''..

my prayers which i promise to my boys is some for victim up to 14 generation of our family..
I know God hear my prayers..

thousand thousand thousand thousand melodic voice
follow from 3 o'clock toward morning 6 o'clock..

Who will teach me youuuuuuuuu..no no no my mother my good mother my father as well forefathers with my people where I born.

by corupt scribe with nice diploma
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The above is for the whole body of Christ...
not just you pagan religious society...that has mad t terrible distorted mess of things..
you claim first exclusive rights...
Jesus said
Mat_19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.
Mat_20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.
Jesus said TO ST. PETER (not to everyone who picks up a KJV);

18 And I say to you: That you are Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

You are not God. You don't decide who is part of the Body of Christ.

St. Peter, with St. Paul, founded the Church in Rome. St. Paul speaks of the Church in Rome who's faith is known throughout the world.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN
Peace
It is not my gentleness....
Admire Mary and Joseph....
I am but a stable, into which, Mary in all her motherly gentleness places her baby Jesus, ino my heart, an empty manger.
RESPONSE: Jesus enters the heart of a believer when He is invited in. Mary does not place Him there.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

asking wrote:
It is sad that cildren have been molested and other crimes down through hitory have taken place with the full knowledge of the churh and the Pope and yet it has only been dealt with when victims came forward on their own.Why didn't theso called church deal with it in stead of sweeping it under thw rug?
Ask the catholics on here and they will give you negative feedback for talking about it.

Priests had sex with children, and the ones who didn't LIED, and COVERED up for the ones who did.

Very sad situation..........and most catholics never question their church leaders why!......

UNBELIEVABLE!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said TO ST. PETER (not to everyone who picks up a KJV);
18 And I say to you: That you are Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.
You are not God. You don't decide who is part of the Body of Christ.
St. Peter, with St. Paul, founded the Church in Rome. St. Paul speaks of the Church in Rome who's faith is known throughout the world.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
~~~

NO CORRUPTIBLE MAN ON EARTH FOUNDED THE TRUE CHURCH...

The True Church (UNDER GRACE) was birth through the travail/sufferings,

death ....of Jesus Christ His son and came forth with Him from the tomb

on the third day AND WILL SOON FOLLOW HIM IN HIS ASCENSION WHEN JESU

CATCHES AWAY HIS BRIDE.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Who is my Redeemer?

Go away Satan from me.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
It is interesting to note that while Peter is prominent in the first 12 books of Acts, the apolstle Paul is the prominent figure in chapters 13-28. This makes no sense if Peter had become pope.
um, Paul wrote more letters then the other Apostles. The Church was very fortunate to have them in their possession.
Again, it comes down to what you think the Bible is.
and what you think it is, is incredibly flawed.
This is why the Bible is not for you guys to safeguard and interpret. you don't know how to read it if you think all of Christianity should be spelled out in those various letters and memoirs.
I mean, it clearly doesn't say we should be reading it like that, so why do you?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that God's morals are not timeless or universal -- but subject to the standards of man at the time.
That's Rationalization 101.
Don't get me wrong, compared to the SB, the RCC makes sense.
But to post under this board's title is another story.
Merry Christmas
The point has been made since day one of this board that the actions of some of those IN the Church do not always coincide with the teachings of the Church. They would be accountable to Christ's judgement.

Consider today's society in which a million babies are aborted each year...in this country alone. We can hardly pass judgement on the kill or be killed environment of a 1000 years ago.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
(LOL) I am sure you are giving us the CATHOLIC VERSION.
Does Ford tell everyone they have bad cars? Would the catholic church ever claim the Crusades and Inquisition did wrong doings?
A few years later hundreds of millions of catholics walked away from the church. Why? Corruption, wrong doings, clergy abuse etc.
Come On Anthony, you're killing me!........lol!
It's from wikipedia, hardly a friend of the Catholic Church.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Paul lists the authority structure in the early church in 1 Cor. 12:28 but there is no mention of a pope.

Scripture states that God has appointed in the church, first Apsotles, then Prophets, then teachers.
Why is there no mention of a POPE?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Bring me that book..i constantly repeat to my husbund..after 3 days in pain i finish in very nice hospital as well except from very nice people which lips speak so sweet..we pay private cover but i dont have doctor near me on my son birth..simple left in birth pain from very nice diploma with very nice suits as well attitude.
I repet many times..please go home i bag you..its last if i died..please bring me that book..if i died i your hand i comited oldest so..but my soul to whom be concern is my sweet my God to whom I personally belive.

I been reject from nice lips with nice suits with nice attitude..yes it is as it is..After all night
in morning my husbund entering with orange book ..book with prayers with words which i always pray as Zavite as convent without shoes..
Almighty God +
Alive God +
Mortal God+

After 3 days in pain just 3x words with book over-myself my son go out..
if you believe just grain of that seeds
don't be afraid from any pain..god always listen prayers.

nobody around me..no nurse ..no doctors
Did i need pay private cover up?

My son my beautiful Son give me some angels cover up with wings as zavite convent as promise as great bond as love between mother as well son too.

byyyyyyyyyyyyy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
NO CORRUPTIBLE MAN ON EARTH FOUNDED THE TRUE CHURCH...
The True Church (UNDER GRACE) was birth through the travail/sufferings,
death ....of Jesus Christ His son and came forth with Him from the tomb
on the third day AND WILL SOON FOLLOW HIM IN HIS ASCENSION WHEN JESU
CATCHES AWAY HIS BRIDE.
~~~

WHEN WE ARE BAPTIZED IN WATER IT SIGNIFIES OUR DEATH TO SIN,

BEING BURIED WITH CHRIST (BY FAITH) OUR AND RESURRECTION OUR NEWNESS OF

LIFE AS WE COME FORTH (BY FAITH0 WITH CHRIST.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him.

We are the Church...the temple of God..where Christ dwells.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ==>ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:17 ==>If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

god does not reside in you Cathedrals...made with hands..

Act_7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Act_17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

2Co_5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Heb_9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

*DOES GOD EXIST?*

This is one of the best explanations on the nature of God that I have ever seen...*

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects.

When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:'I don't believe that God exists.'

'Why do you say that?' asked the customer.
'Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist.

Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children?
If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things.'

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.

The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.

Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard.

He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barbershop again and he said to the barber:
'You know what? Barbers do not exist.'

'How can you say that?' asked the surprised barber.'I am here, and I am a barber. And I
just worked on you!'

'No!' the customer exclaimed.'Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no
people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.'

'Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me.'

'Exactly!' affirmed the customer.'That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! That's what
happens when people do not go to Him and don't look to Him for help.'

'That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world.'

KayMarie
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
Paul lists the authority structure in the early church in 1 Cor. 12:28 but there is no mention of a pope.
Scripture states that God has appointed in the church, first Apsotles, then Prophets, then teachers.
Why is there no mention of a POPE?
the role of the Papacy took a few yrs to develope. Nothing was really cut n dry. But even from the scriptures we can see who was the leader of the Apostles.
I think its so stupid (and very dangerous) for you to pretend to be some sort of authority on Christianity. so far, it appears everything you come up with, is opposite of Christianity 33 AD - 1800 AD.
if I was a new recruit into your cult, I might ask you how you became an authority on sacred scripture and who appointed you.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said (not ME writing);
So two questions must be addressed. What was the rock upon which JESUS will build HIS church. And how is Jesus' church built.
Let's look first at how Jesus builds His church. How does the church grow? It grows as people(who are the church) are added. And how are these people added? They are added when they come to believe in and recieve Him as who He claims to be; the 'Saviour of the World'.
By understanding this basic principle we can get a better understanding of what the 'ROCK' was that Jesus was referring to. The rock is the 'profession' that Peter had just made in response to Jesus' question of 'Who do men say that I am....and who do YOU say that I am.' Certainly Peter does not show himself to be a rock in his denial and cursing of Jesus. Jesus builds HIS CHURCT one person at a time and they come to have faith in Him and 'profess' that faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Hebrewsunite 8,193
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 4 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 31
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 7 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 13 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••