Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
395,441 - 395,460 of 533,887 Comments Last updated 55 min ago
Jim Tilley

St. John's, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
Dear Elizabeth: I was a good boy until I reached 13; brought up Roman Catholic, and as often, a Dad who was so bright he was a perfectionist, and so you know what I went through! His orders: I was to grow up to be either a doctor (it would be good to specialize, or be a priest, for the family's sake), or a priest, and most do not know, a priest in the family virtually admits all of the family to heaven. Few know this today, but thought/taught then.

At 13 however, I stumbled and fell hard, and left the denomination, and throwing out the baby with the bathwater, I also left Christianity, because of the very same reason you note of above! I thought, because RCC is the only True Church instituted by Christ to give grace to anyone, and always by a priest, well, I do love this older lady so very much, and she knows so much about things I knew absolutely nothing about at 13 some years ago, when nearly all my age, knew little to nothing! Now you know I am over 100!

At 25, having had a very bold and sinful live to that date, mainly because of my having had much money, done all I could think to do, and was fully wide awake to the nothingness of life here, I was in the process of planning suicide in the new year.

The One I had left behind, knew before I became a teenager, I truly did love Him, and His Son, Christ, and He sent to me, a wild and crazy guy a few years ago, we were really good friends, but he was a new man, and began to tell me about Christ, One I thought I knew a lot about once, but that was picky memory, you know!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
```
THE CRUSADES AND THE INQUISITION WAS A GRAPHIC EXAMPLE OF Lew GERHIC'S
DISEASE..WHERE ONE PART OF THE BODY ATTACK ANOTHER VITAL PART.
It's still going on today...
The Roman Catholics still attack the body of Christ..
they still say..
"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican"
IT IS THE BANNER OF THE FORUM
Medieval Inquisition

Punishment

Among the possible punishments were prayer, pilgrimage, wearing a yellow cross for life, banishment, public recantation, or, occasionally, long-term imprisonment. The unrepentant and apostates could be "relaxed" to secular authority, however, opening the convicted to the possibility of various corporal punishments, up to and including being burned at the stake. Execution was neither performed by the Church, nor was it a sentence available to the officials involved in the inquisition, who, as clerics, were forbidden to kill. The accused also faced the possibility that his or her property might be confiscated. In some cases, accusers may have been motivated by a desire to take the property of the accused, though this is a difficult assertion to prove in the majority of areas where the inquisition was active, as the inquisition had several layers of oversight built into its framework in a specific attempt to limit prosecutorial misconduct.

The inquisitors generally preferred not to hand over heretics to the secular arm for execution if they could persuade the heretic to repent: Ecclesia non novit sanguinem. For example, Bernard Gui, a famous inquisitor working in the area of Carcassonne (in modern France), executed 42 people out of over 900 guilty verdicts in fifteen years of office. Execution was to admit defeat, that the Church was unable to save a soul from imagined heresy, which was the goal of the inquisition.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Inquisi...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
```
THE CRUSADES AND THE INQUISITION WAS A GRAPHIC EXAMPLE OF Lew GERHIC'S
DISEASE..WHERE ONE PART OF THE BODY ATTACK ANOTHER VITAL PART.
It's still going on today...
The Roman Catholics still attack the body of Christ..
they still say..
"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican"
IT IS THE BANNER OF THE FORUM
Crusades

The Crusades were a series of religious expeditionary wars blessed by Pope Urban II and the Catholic Church, with the stated goal of restoring Christian access to the holy places in and near Jerusalem. Jerusalem was and is a sacred city and symbol of all three major Abrahamic faiths (Judaism, Christianity and Islam).[1] The background to the Crusades was set when the Seljuk Turks decisively defeated the Byzantine army in 1071 and cut off Christian access to Jerusalem. The Byzantine emperor, Alexis I, feared that all Asia Minor would be overrun. He called on western Christian leaders and the papacy to come to the aid of Constantinople by undertaking a pilgrimage or a crusade that would free Jerusalem from Muslim rule.[2] Another cause was the destruction of many Christian sacred sites and the persecution of Christians under the Fatimid caliph Al-Hakim.

The crusaders comprised military units of Roman Catholics from all over western Europe, and were not under unified command. The main series of Crusades, primarily against Muslims in the Levant, occurred between 1095 and 1291. Historians have given many of the earlier crusades numbers. After some early successes, the later crusades failed and the crusaders were defeated and forced to return home. Several hundred thousand soldiers became Crusaders by taking vows;[3] the Pope granted them plenary indulgence. Their emblem was the cross — the term "crusade" is derived from the French term for taking up the cross. Many were from France and called themselves "Franks," which became the common term used by Muslims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
AND BACK TO YOU YOU MICHAEL...
A PEACEFUL SAFE AND HEALTHY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND ALL ACROSS THE WORLD,
ESPECIALLY THOSE HERE IN THIS FORUM..EVEN THE ATHEIST...
FROM G I F AND KAY MARIE...
~~~~~~~~~

Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king(CHRIST JESUS) upon my holy hill of Zion.

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen/GENTILE for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

___

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

___

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

___

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

~~~

Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

___

Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Jim Tilley

St. John's, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

And so having talked with Bill for about 4 hours one day, when he had visited, he told me about Christ, and because a true friend, instead of throwing him out, I drank Rye Whiskey (had to start in the early morning of that day, because a musician, and this was one of the pleasures/killers of all of that ilk), and smoked a few quarters of Afghan black hashish, that too having started in my kitchen that morning, having come from a great party late the early morning - that was life for me!

Knowing I was truly ready to take the overdose which would set me free, Father loved me so much in Christ, He did send Bill, and from Bill, and a little Canadian Bible Society Bible he left on my front step the NEXT morning, I was led to a truly Pentecost-like born-again experience, which changed me until this day.

Anyway, dear sister Elizabeth, I didn't commit suicide!! LOL! You knew that all along! My walk with the Deity drove me back to Catholicism, and I went to my first confession in about ten years next afternoon, before going to practice (drummer, backups, percussionist), and because I was in a hurry to get to practice (before my conversion, later that day), I asked if a priest would just allow that I kneel and confess at the Counseling Office, and because I was so desirous to become in a state of grace, with lotsa mortal sins on my soul, having forgotten the venial ones altogether, I confessed ten years of musician's life in about ten minutes. The priest was white as a sheet of fine linen, as he looked down upon me, every once in awhile, to see if I had a smile on my face at all, but I was (should I say?) deadly serious,(now, listen to these words carefully dear Elizabeth), and after the confessional, the dear priest gave me (here it is!) ten Our Father's; Ten Hail Mary's; the Stations of the Cross, and the Rosary to say, before I could get away from the Church! I mean, I was not a nice guy, but I was waiting for Monty Python to jump out, and have a he-haw on my account, but it did not happen. I almost got angry with the priest, because I was in a hurry!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

who="Aviela" Those wars could of been prevented if the Jewish had listened like they were suppose too. They were called stiff neck. They would not listen to Jehovah and get themselves in trouble with the pagan nations then would come running to God to help them win the wars. He would help them...they would win...sooner than later they would go back to their bad behavior and forget how he would save them. After Jesus died ..they were no longer his chosen people because the Jews rejected Jesus as Jehovah's son..and so he opened the way for the gentiles to worship him.

Jews are not God's 'chosen' people because He likes them better than others; but simply 'chosen' for Him to use to prove that He is a loving, promise-keeping, provisional Father. He did that; pagans around the world know that Jesus is the promised Jewish Messiah.

But God's plan is not just to redeem the Jews. His aim is to redeem ALL who will come to Him. The Jews are in a time-warp...a sort of holding pattern until the time of the Gentiles is filled up. God said that they would have eyes that saw not, and ears that hear not. As a nation, they cannot 'see' Jesus. They expected a KING, born to the King and Queen. When a baby was born in a stable, they were stunned.

God has NOT FORSAKEN His promise to the Jews, nor will He. They are just 'reserved' for a time appointed, when ALL of the righteous dead will be changed. Paul assures us that ALL of them will be saved.

God has a long-term plan that will redeem all of the righteous. He is raising up A body for Himself...and 'all of its parts' will be complete when He returns for us.

KayMarie

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rob, A lot of things have happened this year and it isn't over yet.
I have enjoyed your posts very much you are a gentle souled.
I pray the New Year finds you in good health and happiness, and God Blesses your life very much.
Merry Christmas Rob
LTM good friend

Thank you.

And God bless you more....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

who="Michael"
A merry christmas and a safe holiday season to you and your wife....

The same to you and yours, Michael.

GIF and KM
Jim Tilley

St. John's, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

I did the Stations first, to stay up from off my knees before getting down again for the Rosary, and I couldn't remember the Mysteries, making all Three Kinds a truism for me for the first time in my life! I could remember one or two from each of the Mysteries, but had to see a nun there, to get all five, before I started. I felt like a dunce, and of course, I was going''round showin' everyone I WAS a dunce too! The Rosary was more difficult, because when I used to say the Rosary, if in a hurry, I would in my head, kill the Our Father's and Hail Mary's, but in those days, I was drug free. You cannot speed through yer prayers in your head, without moving your lips, and remember where you are, when you want to have a draw of hash, but you will not, because you want to be a new person.
But, Elizabeth, and do believe me, for I am just telling you how it was, as I half sat and half knelt - you know what I mean - when the knees are nearly raw, it suddenly struck me right up the side of the face: What's happening here? I confess my sins with great humility - I mean, you know, really working at it - and I am getting these full in the light of a room fully sun-lit, looks from the priest, as if he wanted to hold my left ankle, and lower me down to suffer in hell for a few minutes you know! And I was as sincere as I could be, although i have always been a bit of a character. So I looked back at him a few times, as if to say, Yea, so what! I am here for confession, not your looks of confusion, and abject misunderstanding!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

who="Jim Tilley"
Dear Elizabeth: I was a good boy until I reached 13; brought up Roman Catholic, and as often, a Dad who was so bright he was a perfectionist, and so you know what I went through! His orders: I was to grow up to be either a doctor (it would be good to specialize, or be a priest, for the family's sake), or a priest, and most do not know, a priest in the family virtually admits all of the family to heaven. Few know this today, but thought/taught then.
At 13 however, I stumbled and fell hard, and left the denomination, and throwing out the baby with the bathwater, I also left Christianity, because of the very same reason you note of above! I thought, because RCC is the only True Church instituted by Christ to give grace to anyone, and always by a priest, well, I do love this older lady so very much, and she knows so much about things I knew absolutely nothing about at 13 some years ago, when nearly all my age, knew little to nothing! Now you know I am over 100!
At 25, having had a very bold and sinful live to that date, mainly because of my having had much money, done all I could think to do, and was fully wide awake to the nothingness of life here, I was in the process of planning suicide in the new year.
The One I had left behind, knew before I became a teenager, I truly did love Him, and His Son, Christ, and He sent to me, a wild and crazy guy a few years ago, we were really good friends, but he was a new man, and began to tell me about Christ, One I thought I knew a lot about once, but that was picky memory, you know!

The ONE truly know our hearts, and will pursue us in His own way. I ran from Him for a while...so fearful of what people would think. One day He sent the town alcoholic to announce an ongoing revival, and remind me of my promise to come to Him in that revival.(I didn't even know it was in progress!)

Wonderful joy when I let Him do the leading...
KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~~~~~~~
Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king(CHRIST JESUS) upon my holy hill of Zion.
Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen/GENTILE for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
___
Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
___
1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
___
Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
~~~
Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
___
Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
~~~

GOD DID NOT SET HIS KING IN ROME ITALY...as the roman Catholic have assumed

THE PSALMIST DAVID WROTE

Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king(CHRIST JESUS...

UPON MY HOLY HILL OF ==> ZION.,++

(LOCATION OF)==>ZION (DEFINED IN HEBREW)<==AS GIVEN IN PSALMS 2:6

H6726
&#1510;&#1497;&#14 68;&#1493;&#1503;
ts&#305;&#770;yo&# 770;n
tsee-yone'
The same (regular) as H6725; Tsijon (as a permanent capital), a mountain of Jerusalem:- Zion.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Jim Tilley wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we supose to read between the lines or something ?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
THE PSALMIST DAVID WROTE
H6726
ts&#305;&#770;yo&# 770;n
tsee-yone'
The same (regular) as H6725; Tsijon (as a permanent capital), a mountain of Jerusalem:- Zion.
There is no king in Italy. The pope is the servant of the servants of God.

Pope

The pope (from Latin: papa; from Greek: &#960;&#940;&#960; &#960;&#945;&#962; (pappas),[1] a child's word for father)[2] is the Bishop of Rome and the leader of the worldwide Catholic Church.[3] In the Catholic Church, the Pope is regarded as the successor of Saint Peter, the Apostle. The current[update] office-holder is Pope Benedict XVI, who was elected in a papal conclave on 19 April 2005.[nb 1]

The office of the pope is known as the papacy. His ecclesiastical jurisdiction is often called the "Holy See" (Sancta Sedes in Latin), or the "Apostolic See" based upon the Church tradition that the Apostles Saint Peter and Saint Paul were martyred in Rome. The pope is also head of state of Vatican City,[4] a sovereign city-state entirely enclaved within the city of Rome.

The papacy is one of the most enduring institutions in the world and has had a prominent part in human history.[5] The Popes in ancient times helped in the spread of Christianity and the resolution of various doctrinal disputes.[6] In the Middle Ages they played a role of secular importance in Western Europe, often acting as arbitrators between Christian monarchs, and averting several wars.[7][8][9] Currently, in addition to the expansion of the Christian faith and doctrine, the popes are dedicated to ecumenism and interreligious dialogue, charitable work, and the defense of human rights.[10][11]

Popes have gradually been forced to give up temporal power, and papal authority is now almost exclusively restricted to matters of religion.[6] Over the centuries, papal claims of spiritual authority have been ever more firmly expressed, culminating in 1870 with the proclamation of the dogma of papal infallibility for rare occasions when the pope speaks ex cathedra—literally "from the chair (of St. Peter)"—to issue a formal definition of faith or morals.[6] The first explicit such occasion (after the proclamation), and so far the last, was the definition of the dogma of the Assumption of Mary in 1950.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pope

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
THE PSALMIST DAVID WROTE
H6726
ts&#305;&#770;yo&# 770;n
tsee-yone'
~~~

Isa 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

____

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

1Co 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

(NOTE ...TO YOU THAT GLORY IN PETER)

1Co 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men.

For all things are yours;

1Co 3:22 Whether Paul,

or Apollos,

or Cephas/PETER,

or the world,

or life,

or death,

or things present,

or things to come;

all are yours;

1Co 3:23 And ye are Christ's;

and Christ is God's.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

I am trying to honestly understand God as described in parts of the Old Testament.You know, the "vengeful" God.

Here is one answer have discovered , I wanted to share this.

"The translations in the Old Testament are much more varied. Each number on the right in the list below is for a different Hebrew word. But they ALL are translated "wrath." The Hebrew language is very precise. Each word has a specifically different meaning. This shows that the translators arbitrarily chose to translate all of these different words as "wrath." But they do NOT all mean wrath

The Hebrew word aph (#639) means rapid breathing in passion.

Chemah (#2534) is defined as hot with passion

Ebrah (#5678) means outburst of passion

Qetseph (#7110) means, literally, a splinter or "chipped off". Freely translated it means to be displeased, to fret or possibly to burst out.

Kaac (#3707)- to be grieved or sorrowful, to be troubled.

All these words have specific meanings which denote a passionate displeasure or a sorrowful troubled spirit, yet they are ALL translated "wrath." This, of course, makes God appear violent, frightening and vengeful, apparently the way the translators chose to present God to the world, a "ferocious" God that agrees with their own theology. A more accurate translation is that God is passionately sorrowful or troubled."

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/otkil...
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Medieval Inquisition
Punishment
Among the possible punishments were prayer, pilgrimage, wearing a yellow cross for life, banishment, public recantation, or, occasionally, long-term imprisonment. The unrepentant and apostates could be "relaxed" to secular authority, however, opening the convicted to the possibility of various corporal punishments, up to and including being burned at the stake. Execution was neither performed by the Church, nor was it a sentence available to the officials involved in the inquisition, who, as clerics, were forbidden to kill. The accused also faced the possibility that his or her property might be confiscated. In some cases, accusers may have been motivated by a desire to take the property of the accused, though this is a difficult assertion to prove in the majority of areas where the inquisition was active, as the inquisition had several layers of oversight built into its framework in a specific attempt to limit prosecutorial misconduct.
The inquisitors generally preferred not to hand over heretics to the secular arm for execution if they could persuade the heretic to repent: Ecclesia non novit sanguinem. For example, Bernard Gui, a famous inquisitor working in the area of Carcassonne (in modern France), executed 42 people out of over 900 guilty verdicts in fifteen years of office. Execution was to admit defeat, that the Church was unable to save a soul from imagined heresy, which was the goal of the inquisition.[citation needed]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Inquisi...
"The inquisitorial trial generally favored the prosecution (the Church). Confessing 'in full' was the best hope of receiving a lighter punishment - but with little hope of escaping at least some punishment. And a 'full' confession was one which implicated others, including other family members. It was acceptable to take testimony from criminals, persons of bad reputation, excommunicated people, and convicted heretics. The inquisitor could keep a defendant in prison for years before the trial to obtain new information, and could return them to prison if he felt that the witness had not fully confessed."

Thank you Jesus. More...

"Torture could be used after 1252. On May 15, Pope Innocent IV issued a papal bull entitled Ad exstirpanda, which authorized the use of torture by inquisitors."

Yes!! Jesus had His vicar authorize torture.

"The inquisitions in combination with the brutal Albigensian Crusade were very successful in eliminating opposition and contrast to the Catholic institution. When they started, the other sects were quite strong and growing, but by the 14th century the Waldensians had been driven underground and the Cathars (no relation to Catholics) had been slaughtered en masse or forced to recant"

Jesus wants forced conversions or death.

----------

And some people in denial think that Jesus really appointed and guided this stuff.

lol

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost me right there. Once you lie or yell, I am done. I posted several of god's laws that clearly state to harm others and that it was right to harm others.
If you don't like that and want to ignore it, fine.
TBS

I am not sure what you are writing about here. And I would rather not make unfounded presumptions....

I don't think I have yelled....If I capitalize something like God's Law, then it is to distinguish it from either man's law, natural law, or man's interpretation of a truth(god's law)....Sometimes I will capitalize a word, just to emphasize it in a particular sentence....

I don't generally answer for others, unless there is an impasse, and I might add something useful in a writing. So can you be specific in addressing me concerning some of God's laws that harm others? In that way I can give a specific answer.

I suspect that you do see the need for laws. And that when one goes outside of them, then a judgement is carried out, which is known as discipline.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I am trying to honestly understand God as described in parts of the Old Testament.You know, the "vengeful" God.
Here is one answer have discovered , I wanted to share this.
"The translations in the Old Testament are much more varied. Each number on the right in the list below is for a different Hebrew word. But they ALL are translated "wrath." The Hebrew language is very precise. Each word has a specifically different meaning. This shows that the translators arbitrarily chose to translate all of these different words as "wrath." But they do NOT all mean wrath
The Hebrew word aph (#639) means rapid breathing in passion.
Chemah (#2534) is defined as hot with passion
Ebrah (#5678) means outburst of passion
Qetseph (#7110) means, literally, a splinter or "chipped off". Freely translated it means to be displeased, to fret or possibly to burst out.
Kaac (#3707)- to be grieved or sorrowful, to be troubled.
All these words have specific meanings which denote a passionate displeasure or a sorrowful troubled spirit, yet they are ALL translated "wrath." This, of course, makes God appear violent, frightening and vengeful, apparently the way the translators chose to present God to the world, a "ferocious" God that agrees with their own theology. A more accurate translation is that God is passionately sorrowful or troubled."
http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/otkil...
Good point.

One problem however. The entire Christian movement depended on a misinterpretation of Jewish thought and belief ... example: King David and others were also referred to as "son of God," "always with God," etc., but in an entirely different sense than that which was applied to Jesus.

More....

There are numerous words in ancient Hebrew for "rule" as in "rule over."

When Genesis says that man shall rule over the other creates, the word used was "raja," which was better translated as "care for" or a very "benign and caring dominion."

I think you are right. Maybe we should look at what the OT verses really say. Maybe we should NOT be using this verse in Genesis as an excuse to desecrate so many species? Just a thought.

Good point.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no king in Italy. The pope is the servant of the servants of God.
Pope
The pope (from Latin: papa; from Greek: &#960;&#940;&#960; &#960;&#945;&#962; (pappas),[1] a child's word for father)[2] is the Bishop of Rome and the leader of the worldwide Catholic Church.[3] In the Catholic Church, the Pope is regarded as the successor of Saint Peter, the Apostle. The current[update] office-holder is Pope Benedict XVI, who was elected in a papal conclave on 19 April 2005.[nb 1]
The office of the pope is known as the papacy. His ecclesiastical jurisdiction is often called the "Holy See" (Sancta Sedes in Latin), or the "Apostolic See" based upon the Church tradition that the Apostles Saint Peter and Saint Paul were martyred in Rome. The pope is also head of state of Vatican City,[4] a sovereign city-state entirely enclaved within the city of Rome.
The papacy is one of the most enduring institutions in the world and has had a prominent part in human history.[5] The Popes in ancient times helped in the spread of Christianity and the resolution of various doctrinal disputes.[6] In the Middle Ages they played a role of secular importance in Western Europe, often acting as arbitrators between Christian monarchs, and averting several wars.[7][8][9] Currently, in addition to the expansion of the Christian faith and doctrine, the popes are dedicated to ecumenism and interreligious dialogue, charitable work, and the defense of human rights.[10][11]
Popes have gradually been forced to give up temporal power, and papal authority is now almost exclusively restricted to matters of religion.[6] Over the centuries, papal claims of spiritual authority have been ever more firmly expressed, culminating in 1870 with the proclamation of the dogma of papal infallibility for rare occasions when the pope speaks ex cathedra—literally "from the chair (of St. Peter)"—to issue a formal definition of faith or morals.[6] The first explicit such occasion (after the proclamation), and so far the last, was the definition of the dogma of the Assumption of Mary in 1950.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pope
~~~

There is MANY great problem WITH YOUR ASSUMPTIONS AND ALL YOUR RHETORIC

PROVES NOTHING..

it's not found in the Bible...

IT HAS NO SCRIPTURAL FOUNDATION...

WHAT IS NO FOUND IN THE BIBLE...

1. HAS NO ANOINTING.

2 IS NOT CONSECRATED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS..

3..WAS NOT WRITTEN BY TE TESTATOR THAT WROTE IT
AND
WALKED OUT THE WILL OF GOD..

4.IT IS NOT SIGNED WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS

AND CANNOT BE APPROVED BY THE EXECUTOR OF GOD'S WILL

THE SAME ONE THAT AROSE FROM THE DEAD,

AND IS THE ONLY ONE THAT IS WORTHY OF HIS POSITION.

5..DOES NOT LEAD TO ETERNAL LIFE WITH GOD IN CHRIST...

IT WAS ONCE SAID "ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME."

but your Roman Catholic Church ... is a dead end street.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
Isa 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
____
1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1Co 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
(NOTE ...TO YOU THAT GLORY IN PETER)
1Co 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men.
For all things are yours;
1Co 3:22 Whether Paul,
or Apollos,
or Cephas/PETER,
or the world,
or life,
or death,
or things present,
or things to come;
all are yours;
1Co 3:23 And ye are Christ's;
and Christ is God's.
We glory in Jesus, not in St. Peter.

Jesus said to St. Peter;

18 And I say to you: That you are Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 8,202
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... Thu Barbarian 5
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) Thu Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Thu fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Jul 30 psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Jul 29 ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••