Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,997
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410466 Dec 20, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What is so laughable? Everyday, she would come in preaching to us about how it was wrong to celebrate christmas and how christmas was just another day, until she had to work that day! Then the tears came and the truth came out. She celebrated christmas just like the rest of us, but she did so against her religion. You do understand what a hypocrite is, right?
Yes, I laugh because I am bitter; you caught me. I am bitter because your god didn't bring me a GI Joe, with the Kung Fu grip was I was 7 and I have hated him ever since.
And when I lost a tooth, he would only leave me a dime, when he left all my friends a quarter!
And then, at easter, he would bring me a cheap hollow chocolate bunny and he gave my friends sometime two solid chocolate bunnies!
Wait, I may be mixing up my fictitious characters....
Big mistake. Now the Easter Bunny will send you to Hell forever.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410467 Dec 20, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jethro.
There is a lot of anger in the world today. Jealousy is a big factor.
When my parents were young most everyone was in the same position. Just barely got by and helped each other.
Today neighbors compete with each other over who has the biggest house, the newest car, and that their kids have more than their friends and neighbors kids.
A good holiday season to you Jethro.
Have a good holiday season yourself.
Jealous is God's name dummy! We were made in God's image.

"For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." (Exodus 34:14)

Sure, this is petty insecurity -- from a supposedly all-wise God. But God has spoken, so get over it and be jealous.

Father Free Mind.

(PS - you made an interesting observation. Too bad you hate Jealous .)
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410468 Dec 20, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to think dissing someone's faith is laughable like everything else. Do you think its laughable that *Thanksgiving is a celebration of the massacre of 700 Indians. They killed the men by beating or shooting them. The poor Indian women were burn alive with their babies. I don't see anything funny about not wanting to celebrate such bloody holiday.
Obviously you don't know anything about the violent, vindictive God the Father of the Old Testament.

Murdering women and children is no big deal, because the OT God taught that collective guilt is a moral concept.

Even after Jesus, Christians armies embraced that concept for centuries -- from the Crusades through the 30 Years War.

It was a vicar of Jesus -- a the perfect teacher of morals -- who coined the phrase "Holy War."

So get over it and accept God's Will.

Ahhhhhhh, on second thought, maybe that "one-true, perfect teacher of faith and morals" thing is all baloney?

Maybe Jesus doesn't want Holy Wars?

Ummm??? Naaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410469 Dec 20, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What is so laughable? Everyday, she would come in preaching to us about how it was wrong to celebrate christmas and how christmas was just another day, until she had to work that day! Then the tears came and the truth came out. She celebrated christmas just like the rest of us, but she did so against her religion. You do understand what a hypocrite is, right?
Yes, I laugh because I am bitter; you caught me. I am bitter because your god didn't bring me a GI Joe, with the Kung Fu grip was I was 7 and I have hated him ever since.
And when I lost a tooth, he would only leave me a dime, when he left all my friends a quarter!
And then, at easter, he would bring me a cheap hollow chocolate bunny and he gave my friends sometime two solid chocolate bunnies!
Wait, I may be mixing up my fictitious characters....
Are you assuming she celebrated xmas because she wanted the day off. And just because someone is preaching doesn't mean she was a baptised witness. She could of been a Bible study. If you don't have proven facts that she was going to celebrate xmas then you're making stuff up.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410470 Dec 20, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was christmas.
You know what they say about people who assume right?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410471 Dec 20, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick another holiday. Thanksgiving is not a christian holiday. Do you need a list of christian holidays and the traditions that go along with them? Then we can match up the pagan holidays and their traditions to see how they match up.
Now, if you believe what is written in your bible, the poor Indians had to die. Your god demanded it.
The pilgrims called themselves Christians. They were Puritans.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#410472 Dec 20, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I will put this so that you will understand it.
GOD GAVE YOU THE LAWS, JESUS SAID THAT YOU MUST STICK TO THOSE LAWS. YOU DENY THAT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THOSE LAWS. WHY?
Sorry that I typed in all caps, but I guess it is some of you people operate.
Now, do you ask for forgiveness for not stoning a girl to death for not being a virgin on her wedding night?
Do you ask for forgiveness for not killing non-believers?
If you do not try to obey these laws and you do not ask for forgiveness, then you are in danger of a very harsh judgment.
--- Blacksssssheep, ITTTTT is WWritten the 6th CCCommmmmandment 'DO NOT COMMIT MURDER'...GOD does not want us to murder........
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410473 Dec 20, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't know anything about the violent, vindictive God the Father of the Old Testament.
Murdering women and children is no big deal, because the OT God taught that collective guilt is a moral concept.
Even after Jesus, Christians armies embraced that concept for centuries -- from the Crusades through the 30 Years War.
It was a vicar of Jesus -- a the perfect teacher of morals -- who coined the phrase "Holy War."
Ahhhhhhh, on second thought, maybe that "one-true, perfect teacher of faith and morals" thing is all baloney?
Do you know why those wars occured?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#410474 Dec 20, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob says ......
....It's like shooting barrells in a monkey.
Michael says......How do you do that?
~~~

Never heard that before ...OH well any thing is possible to day

with atheist that sprang from a barrel...

Looked up their family tree and got hit in the head with a barrel stave

and

have been bonkers since then.. Hmmm Or was it they looked up their

family tree and got hit in the head with a coconut...

....This forum... is getting more confusing every day...
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410475 Dec 20, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Those wars had a purpose. To protect the land that was designated to the Jews. They were the chosen people back then. But those wars came with laws. They were to wipe out the people wicked people who did bad things and worshiped pagan Gods.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410476 Dec 20, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know why those wars occured?
Easy.

They were Holy Wars, so Jesus must have wanted them -- if the RCC claim is correct of course.

That would also be 100% consistent with the former Jesus/God of the Old Testament.

Sometimes the God of Abraham has to break a few eggs to make an omelet.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410477 Dec 20, 2012
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Blacksssssheep, ITTTTT is WWritten the 6th CCCommmmmandment 'DO NOT COMMIT MURDER'...GOD does not want us to murder........
Ever hear of Holy Wars?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410478 Dec 20, 2012
Those wars could of been prevented if the Jewish had listened like they were suppose too. They were called stiff neck. They would not listen to Jehovah and get themselves in trouble with the pagan nations then would come running to God to help them win the wars. He would help them...they would win...sooner than later they would go back to their bad behavior and forget how he would save them. After Jesus died ..they were no longer his chosen people because the Jews rejected Jesus as Jehovah's son..and so he opened the way for the gentiles to worship him.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410479 Dec 20, 2012
There are no Holy Wars now.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410480 Dec 20, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of Holy Wars?
Holy wars ended when Jesus came and died for us.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410481 Dec 20, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy.
They were Holy Wars, so Jesus must have wanted them -- if the RCC claim is correct of course.
That would also be 100% consistent with the former Jesus/God of the Old Testament.
Jesus does not support the crusade of the Catholic wars. He does not back them up. The Catholics are one of the first biggest apostate religion...
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410482 Dec 20, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy.
You're funny

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#410483 Dec 20, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of Holy Wars?
~~~

Yep.. the CRUSADES AND THE INQUISITION but it was wholly UNHOLY ...wars.

Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#410484 Dec 20, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Those wars had a purpose. To protect the land that was designated to the Jews. They were the chosen people back then. But those wars came with laws. They were to wipe out the people wicked people who did bad things and worshiped pagan Gods.
We agree. It is moral to wipe out innocent women and children, as long as you have a good reason, like land or religion.

Thank you.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#410485 Dec 20, 2012
During the past 45 years, upwards of 90,000 good men have left the roman catholic priesthood in america.

Many got married and enjoy the same lives we do.

Today, why have the most holy of catholics turned their noses up at becoming priests and nuns?

Within 25 years, practically all the nuns in america will be history, and it will be a bonus for parishes to even have a parish priest.

The catholic church in america/canada is following in the footsteps of western europe, we are just one generation behind.

Like all religions of the distant past, they all have a shelf life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr Sir 8,541
Voices: In Cuba, a new church, a ray of hope Thu Dan Winchester 3
Pope pushes back at creationists Thu SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Wed ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Oct 29 kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Oct 29 tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Oct 27 Atheist Silurist 23

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE