Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
395,401 - 395,420 of 533,886 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael"
Many people search for answers when terrible things happen. Its hard to comprehend this could happen especially when it is nearby.
The day after the shooting I believe it was in Pakistan a dozen 11 year old girls were killed by a car bomb. We don't have the sympathy connection when things happen far away such as this incident that happens almost weekly, but when things happen closer to home the more we feel the pain and express our deepest sympathys.
Our society has changed for the worse in the past 25 years. When I was in school the worst that happened was someone pulling a fire alarm.
I hate to think where we will be in the next few years if we continue on this path of entitlement and hatred.
Have a Merry Christmas to you and your family......
Before the Bible was removed from the schools, we were taught that God created humans, and they were all His children. Only the mentally deranged could even think of hurting/killing one of them.
Today's children have no sense of such value. And since they've been taught that there is no hell, they don't fear parents/teachers/policemen. Until 'the axe falls', they have no understanding of consequences.
God, or no God...the consequences WILL still come...
KayMarie
21Dec12.....

.....95% of those 'out there' under da age of 35 today....

Ps:.....are schidt-for-brains.

.and den sum toooooooooooo.

The don't know da difference between a Christmas Caroll and a Christmas jingle.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

who="TheBlackSheep"

That's easy! It is much easier for them to lie, twist and ignore than to follow it.
Until heaven and Earth pass away, not one dot shall disappear from the law.{And then, the unwritten verse: Or until paul says that we don't have to follow god's laws."

You need to study more carefully. Paul did not say that we didn't have to keep God's commandments. He said that we are no longer under the universal law that declares that "the soul that sins, IT shall die."

Due to Jesus' sacrifice for us, we can now receive life from Him because HE HAS PARDONED OUR SIN.

The JUDGE has provided a pardon for YOU. Will you accept it?

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

who="_BobLoblah_" 21Dec12.....
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

You got one right! Their little minds are filled with a magic Santa (rearrange those letters and see what you get). He manages to swing around the world in one night, leaving presents for every house. He drives a sleigh through the skies, powered by reindeer; one of which has a flashing red nose.

They know nothing of a 'silent, holy night', or of herald angels announcing the birth of a Savior.

KayMarie

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

who="_BobLoblah_" 21Dec12.....
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You got one right! Their little minds are filled with a magic Santa (rearrange those letters and see what you get). He manages to swing around the world in one night, leaving presents for every house. He drives a sleigh through the skies, powered by reindeer; one of which has a flashing red nose.
They know nothing of a 'silent, holy night', or of herald angels announcing the birth of a Savior.
KayMarie
Freakshow..........there is no Santa. It's a pagan ritual which has nothing to do with the true God. Catholics are full of paganism. All the teachings from Catholics are directly from ancient Babylon.....2000 years before Christianity. Freakshow.....do the research.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost me right there. Once you lie or yell, I am done. I posted several of god's laws that clearly state to harm others and that it was right to harm others.
If you don't like that and want to ignore it, fine.
Open your mind and become reasonable.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

who="StarC"]

Well.... Michael, those people are adulators and fornicator, and they will answer to God on judgment day, just as you and I will.
They can go to a any protestant church and become a pastor, pretty much like that Cutie priest. He broke his vows and Iím wondering when he will break his marriage vow. Once vows are broken it must be easy the second time.

I am happy to inform you that such people CANNOT go to just any Protestant church and become a pastor.

In our group those desiring license must be examined by a legal group who investigate their past (and present). If a person, already licensed, falls into sexual sin, or financial irresponsibility, there is a price to pay.

KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> What is so laughable for a Christian not to celebrate pagan holidays? Do you think its right for people to laugh and mock you because you don't believe in God. Where is the love. Are you bitter about life or something?
What is so laughable? Everyday, she would come in preaching to us about how it was wrong to celebrate christmas and how christmas was just another day, until she had to work that day! Then the tears came and the truth came out. She celebrated christmas just like the rest of us, but she did so against her religion. You do understand what a hypocrite is, right?

Yes, I laugh because I am bitter; you caught me. I am bitter because your god didn't bring me a GI Joe, with the Kung Fu grip was I was 7 and I have hated him ever since.

And when I lost a tooth, he would only leave me a dime, when he left all my friends a quarter!

And then, at easter, he would bring me a cheap hollow chocolate bunny and he gave my friends sometime two solid chocolate bunnies!

Wait, I may be mixing up my fictitious characters....

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Open your mind and become reasonable.
Oh, I love that line of BS! Yes, it is my mind, which is not open! Yes, me! I say that there is a slight possibility that a god exist and you say that you know for a fact that your god exist and no other, and yet I am the one with a closed mind. LOL! I love it!

Prove to us that you have an open mind! Tell us that there is a possibility that your god does not exist!

What?!? You won't?! Why? Because for you to do so will anger your god.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

who="TheBlackSheep"
That's easy! It is much easier for them to lie, twist and ignore than to follow it.
Until heaven and Earth pass away, not one dot shall disappear from the law.{And then, the unwritten verse: Or until paul says that we don't have to follow god's laws."
You need to study more carefully. Paul did not say that we didn't have to keep God's commandments. He said that we are no longer under the universal law that declares that "the soul that sins, IT shall die."
Due to Jesus' sacrifice for us, we can now receive life from Him because HE HAS PARDONED OUR SIN.
The JUDGE has provided a pardon for YOU. Will you accept it?
KayMarie
I will put this so that you will understand it.

GOD GAVE YOU THE LAWS, JESUS SAID THAT YOU MUST STICK TO THOSE LAWS. YOU DENY THAT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THOSE LAWS. WHY?

Sorry that I typed in all caps, but I guess it is some of you people operate.

Now, do you ask for forgiveness for not stoning a girl to death for not being a virgin on her wedding night?

Do you ask for forgiveness for not killing non-believers?

If you do not try to obey these laws and you do not ask for forgiveness, then you are in danger of a very harsh judgment.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Aviela wrote:
You don't know why she wanted that day off.
Yeah, it was christmas.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to think dissing someone's faith is laughable like everything else. Do you think its laughable that *Thanksgiving is a celebration of the massacre of 700 Indians. They killed the men by beating or shooting them. The poor Indian women were burn alive with their babies. I don't see anything funny about not wanting to celebrate such bloody holiday.
Pick another holiday. Thanksgiving is not a christian holiday. Do you need a list of christian holidays and the traditions that go along with them? Then we can match up the pagan holidays and their traditions to see how they match up.

Now, if you believe what is written in your bible, the poor Indians had to die. Your god demanded it.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people search for answers when terrible things happen. Its hard to comprehend this could happen especially when it is nearby.
The day after the shooting I believe it was in Pakistan a dozen 11 year old girls were killed by a car bomb. We don't have the sympathy connection when things happen far away such as this incident that happens almost weekly, but when things happen closer to home the more we feel the pain and express our deepest sympathys.
Our society has changed for the worse in the past 25 years. When I was in school the worst that happened was someone pulling a fire alarm.
I hate to think where we will be in the next few years if we continue on this path of entitlement and hatred.
Have a Merry Christmas to you and your family......
yes i have to agree things are getting worse because the kids know they'll be no punishment like it was when i was in school,you stepped out of line a teacher would not hessitate to give a student a backhander,and what happened to keeping kids in detention for doing something stupid? occasionally you'd hear about a student bringing a knife to school but never a gun,only serious incident that happened back when i was in school was,someone broke into the junior high school and burned it down,no idea who or why it was done.anyway kids have it to easy today you give your kid a good old fashion spanking and you end up in jail,they realize this so they don't care what they do,need to turn back the clock,and make these kids more accountable for their actions,the past two days the headlines in the paper have been about banning hand guns and rifles,not fair, the gun did not kill those poor kids it was the person holding it,and i blame the mother of the kid who did it,her son obviously had mental issues,you don't teach and keep guns around where he has free access to them,you can create all the gun laws you want and it's not going to do any good,what needs to be done is to create tougher penalties for posessing an illegal gun,mandatory sentencing,let say 5 yr jail term for being caught with one,10-15 yrs for using one in a crime,firing it at someone during a robbery 25 to life sounds good. merry x-mas to you and yours.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>21Dec12.....
..Lotsa turkey, stuffings, dressings, wine.....and sugar 'n spices in BobLoblah's land of the Midnight Sun.
.....It's Christmas every day (Christmas is spelled vit a capital 'C'...by da vey) hereIN for BobLoblah.
It's like shooting barrells in a monkey with haul you schidt-for-brains.
Ps:....and Easter is jest around da corner toooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Bob says ......

....It's like shooting barrells in a monkey.

Michael says......How do you do that?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>yes i have to agree things are getting worse because the kids know they'll be no punishment like it was when i was in school,you stepped out of line a teacher would not hessitate to give a student a backhander,and what happened to keeping kids in detention for doing something stupid? occasionally you'd hear about a student bringing a knife to school but never a gun,only serious incident that happened back when i was in school was,someone broke into the junior high school and burned it down,no idea who or why it was done.anyway kids have it to easy today you give your kid a good old fashion spanking and you end up in jail,they realize this so they don't care what they do,need to turn back the clock,and make these kids more accountable for their actions,the past two days the headlines in the paper have been about banning hand guns and rifles,not fair, the gun did not kill those poor kids it was the person holding it,and i blame the mother of the kid who did it,her son obviously had mental issues,you don't teach and keep guns around where he has free access to them,you can create all the gun laws you want and it's not going to do any good,what needs to be done is to create tougher penalties for posessing an illegal gun,mandatory sentencing,let say 5 yr jail term for being caught with one,10-15 yrs for using one in a crime,firing it at someone during a robbery 25 to life sounds good. merry x-mas to you and yours.
Hi Jethro.

There is a lot of anger in the world today. Jealousy is a big factor.

When my parents were young most everyone was in the same position. Just barely got by and helped each other.

Today neighbors compete with each other over who has the biggest house, the newest car, and that their kids have more than their friends and neighbors kids.

A good holiday season to you Jethro.

Have a good holiday season yourself.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What is so laughable? Everyday, she would come in preaching to us about how it was wrong to celebrate christmas and how christmas was just another day, until she had to work that day! Then the tears came and the truth came out. She celebrated christmas just like the rest of us, but she did so against her religion. You do understand what a hypocrite is, right?
Yes, I laugh because I am bitter; you caught me. I am bitter because your god didn't bring me a GI Joe, with the Kung Fu grip was I was 7 and I have hated him ever since.
And when I lost a tooth, he would only leave me a dime, when he left all my friends a quarter!
And then, at easter, he would bring me a cheap hollow chocolate bunny and he gave my friends sometime two solid chocolate bunnies!
Big mistake. Now the Easter Bunny will send you to Hell forever.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jethro.
There is a lot of anger in the world today. Jealousy is a big factor.
When my parents were young most everyone was in the same position. Just barely got by and helped each other.
Today neighbors compete with each other over who has the biggest house, the newest car, and that their kids have more than their friends and neighbors kids.
A good holiday season to you Jethro.
Have a good holiday season yourself.
Jealous is God's name dummy! We were made in God's image.

"For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." (Exodus 34:14)

Sure, this is petty insecurity -- from a supposedly all-wise God. But God has spoken, so get over it and be jealous.

Father Free Mind.

(PS - you made an interesting observation. Too bad you hate Jealous .)
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to think dissing someone's faith is laughable like everything else. Do you think its laughable that *Thanksgiving is a celebration of the massacre of 700 Indians. They killed the men by beating or shooting them. The poor Indian women were burn alive with their babies. I don't see anything funny about not wanting to celebrate such bloody holiday.
Obviously you don't know anything about the violent, vindictive God the Father of the Old Testament.

Murdering women and children is no big deal, because the OT God taught that collective guilt is a moral concept.

Even after Jesus, Christians armies embraced that concept for centuries -- from the Crusades through the 30 Years War.

It was a vicar of Jesus -- a the perfect teacher of morals -- who coined the phrase "Holy War."

So get over it and accept God's Will.

Ahhhhhhh, on second thought, maybe that "one-true, perfect teacher of faith and morals" thing is all baloney?

Maybe Jesus doesn't want Holy Wars?

Ummm??? Naaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you assuming she celebrated xmas because she wanted the day off. And just because someone is preaching doesn't mean she was a baptised witness. She could of been a Bible study. If you don't have proven facts that she was going to celebrate xmas then you're making stuff up.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was christmas.
You know what they say about people who assume right?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick another holiday. Thanksgiving is not a christian holiday. Do you need a list of christian holidays and the traditions that go along with them? Then we can match up the pagan holidays and their traditions to see how they match up.
Now, if you believe what is written in your bible, the poor Indians had to die. Your god demanded it.
The pilgrims called themselves Christians. They were Puritans.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 8,202
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 23 hr Barbarian 5
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) Thu Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Thu fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Jul 30 psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Jul 29 ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••