Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410418 Dec 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that you are lost, but clarification comes with study. Study history, the history of the middle east and the study of the origins of your religion.
I know the background of my religion. I believe I found the truth. I'm convinced. As far as the sister in your job I'm sure she wasn't crying for no reason. You guys probably mocked the heck out of her because would not celebrate the holidays.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410419 Dec 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that you are lost, but clarification comes with study. Study history, the history of the middle east and the study of the origins of your religion.
I'm not lost at all. I know what's up.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#410420 Dec 19, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I know the background of my religion. I believe I found the truth. I'm convinced. As far as the sister in your job I'm sure she wasn't crying for no reason. You guys probably mocked the heck out of her because would not celebrate the holidays.
You probably know better than I, cause you were there.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#410421 Dec 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't try to follow god's laws, you only claim to.
Maybe you have not be reading the responses to my bible quotes. Nearly everyone who replies tells me that paul changed all that.
TBS

God's Law, His moral, and His civil law is first of all to prevent people from harming each other. How well I do this, only God is Judge, and He will enforce His Standard of Justice.

In natural(its interpretation by man) and civil law the same end is to prevent people from harming each other. In this the court is judge.(But justice in this case is more "arbitrary".)

I suppose it is not clear in the mind of everyone, what God's Law is all about. For the Christian, to pursue loving God and neighbor, fulfills God's Law. So the intricate details of legalism in the O.T., are swept away....

One could say with Jesus Christ the old passes away, and all becomes new....

Concerning the intricacies of the Old Testament of the various laws, I know that I don't know them. I would expect that the reason for this is twofold. First, is that the Law of Love which Jesus gives overides all the O.T. laws. Secondly, a great disparity in what is offered in God's Justice, and court justice is hard to be reconciled....

By that I mean the richer one is in this world, the "more" justice they can afford.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410422 Dec 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding! Really?
You know, I worked with a jehovah's witness and she used to say the same thing. Then when the schedule came out and she had a shift on Dec. 25th, she cried like she was stabbed. We laughed our assess off at her and she started in with, "everyone is picking on me because of my beliefs." everyone is picking on me because black." "everyone is picking on me because I am a women."
To your point, most everyone knows that christmas is a pagan holiday tradition, but when you have stolen 99% of your religion, was a few holidays?
And so she starts crying and instead of consoling her you all started laughing your heads off? Wow, interesting. Now I have a clear picture of what kind of person I'm speaking with.

Location hidden

#410423 Dec 19, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That was beautiful, Robert. You're further along in your spirituality than you think.
ReginaM
Peace

It is something I heard awhile ago.... And I ponder on it during Advent....

Location hidden

#410424 Dec 19, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace Robert,
Thanks for this. Please pray for me.
Anthony MN

Always....
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#410425 Dec 19, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
God's Law, His moral, and His civil law is first of all to prevent people from harming each other. How well I do this, only God is Judge, and He will enforce His Standard of Justice.
In natural(its interpretation by man) and civil law the same end is to prevent people from harming each other. In this the court is judge.(But justice in this case is more "arbitrary".)
I suppose it is not clear in the mind of everyone, what God's Law is all about. For the Christian, to pursue loving God and neighbor, fulfills God's Law. So the intricate details of legalism in the O.T., are swept away....
One could say with Jesus Christ the old passes away, and all becomes new....
Concerning the intricacies of the Old Testament of the various laws, I know that I don't know them. I would expect that the reason for this is twofold. First, is that the Law of Love which Jesus gives overides all the O.T. laws. Secondly, a great disparity in what is offered in God's Justice, and court justice is hard to be reconciled....
By that I mean the richer one is in this world, the "more" justice they can afford.
Hi Rob, A lot of things have happened this year and it isn't over yet.
I have enjoyed your posts very much you are a gentle souled.
I pray the New Year finds you in good health and happiness, and God Blesses your life very much.
Merry Christmas Rob

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#410427 Dec 19, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>20Dec12......
.....Ever since Randy Travis and Garth Brooks ('ol Garth removed his hat and went from 36 to 63) came along, ALL these 'country & western' wannabee Cowboys are.......
Ps:.....HatTricks.....with nasal problems.
Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison are rollin' ovva in dere graves and Hank Williams Jr. calls'em ALL schidt-for-brains.
BobLoblah agrees vit Hank Williiams Jr. tooooooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Alan Jackson is as country as country can be.

I agree,Old Hank,Johnny Cash were legends in the country music.

George Jones,the "'ol Possum" is a great counyry singer,along with Loretta Lynn,etc.

I disagree as far as Hank Jr. goes.

He is nothing like his father.

I went to one of his concerts and he was so drunk that everyone left because he just sat there in a stoop.

People were demanding their money back.

His style of music is not what I would call classic country.

Here's one for you,Enjoy!!!

George Jones - Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#410428 Dec 19, 2012
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> And so she starts crying and instead of consoling her you all started laughing your heads off? Wow, interesting. Now I have a clear picture of what kind of person I'm speaking with.
Yeah, it is like when you tell me to believe in your god or that your god is real, just can't be seen, touched, or counted upon, I laugh.

I am sure that you don't see why anyone would laugh at someone who preached that god never wanted us to celebrate a pagan holiday and how evil everyone who do is, then cry her ass off when she could not have that day off, but I do. She was a complete hypocrite.

I do not console hypocrite.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#410430 Dec 19, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
God's Law, His moral, and His civil law is first of all to prevent people from harming each other.
You lost me right there. Once you lie or yell, I am done. I posted several of god's laws that clearly state to harm others and that it was right to harm others.

If you don't like that and want to ignore it, fine.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410431 Dec 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it is like when you tell me to believe in your god or that your god is real, just can't be seen, touched, or counted upon, I laugh.
I am sure that you don't see why anyone would laugh at someone who preached that god never wanted us to celebrate a pagan holiday and how evil everyone who do is, then cry her ass off when she could not have that day off, but I do. She was a complete hypocrite.
What is so laughable for a Christian not to celebrate pagan holidays? Do you think its right for people to laugh and mock you because you don't believe in God. Where is the love. Are you bitter about life or something?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410432 Dec 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think dissing someone's faith is laughable like everything else. Do you think its laughable that *Thanksgiving is a celebration of the massacre of 700 Indians. They killed the men by beating or shooting them. The poor Indian women were burn alive with their babies. I don't see anything funny about not wanting to celebrate such bloody holiday.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410433 Dec 19, 2012
You don't know why she wanted that day off.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#410434 Dec 19, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
George Jones,the "'ol Possum" is a great counyry singer,along with Loretta Lynn,etc.
I went to one of his concerts and he was so drunk that everyone left because he just sat there in a stoop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xi3GgoLtlWkXX
I met jones at aconcert in Balto back in 65 or 66. LL was realy nice but jones didnt like me.lol

the crowd was presssing on him and he didnt know what to do so I told him to get back in the doorway and they couldnt bother him but he took it the wrong way and said to me" you are a smart axx,a rent you.

I started laughing and said "at least I aint getting smashed like you.

but he took my advice. and then admitted that it was a good idea.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#410435 Dec 19, 2012
who="Aviela" You seem to think dissing someone's faith is laughable like everything else. Do you think its laughable that *Thanksgiving is a celebration of the massacre of 700 Indians. They killed the men by beating or shooting them. The poor Indian women were burn alive with their babies. I don't see anything funny about not wanting to celebrate such bloody holiday.

I see you've been reading leftist re-written American history. Back when they taught the truth in school, the Pilgrims and the Indians celebrated the first Thanksgiving TOGETHER.

The Indians TAUGHT the Pilgrims how to live in the new country.

Certainly there was some upset for a few years because everyone has some fear of strangers...but AMERICA learned to be UNITED.

We stayed that way, till the communists/leftists learned they could take us down by teaching us that Christianity is the cause of our 'problem'.

LOL Just wait till they hold all the cards. That is how third world nations learn to kill each other...

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#410436 Dec 19, 2012
who="Aviela" Jesus was not born on Dec 25th. He did not say to celebrate his birthday but to honor his memorial.

We don't need to know the day in order to CELEBRATE the fact that He came here to save us.

He did not say NOT to celebrate His birth, either. Folks are just out to wipe it out of our memory today. A MEMORIAL is for the purpose of REMINDING us...

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#410437 Dec 19, 2012
karen, have you ever heard of this?

it is called the "old regular baptist chruch" where the women are not allowed to cut their hair
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#410438 Dec 19, 2012
Right
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#410440 Dec 19, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xi3GgoLtlWkXX
My family is very musical FOL. they play any instrument you like.
Hank Snow use to bounce me on his knee.
I use to love George Jones use to sing all his songs word for word.
My favorite was 'TODAY I STARTED LOVING YOU AGAIN'.
But as I got older I got into hard rock and heavy metal.
The only country I listen to is Willie Nelson and George Jones, and Johnny Cash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 9,186
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat Jaimie 84,074
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... Sat Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed Sat W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... Fri tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Fri JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Apr 24 Tom Jones 1
More from around the web