Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599790 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#409706 Dec 15, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Educated people often question and investigate that which they are told. Yes, some very intelligent people do believe; we should ask them why they believe.
Indoctrination?
Recovering addict?
How many of them decided to believe after the age of 18, without having been indoctrinated or being an addict?
How many of them decided to believe after the age of 21, without having been indoctrinated or being an addict?
How many of them decided to believe after the age of 30, without having been indoctrinated or being an addict?
Why are people from other parts of the world, completely ignorant to your god? Is the holy spirit limited on where it can visit?
TBS

You are right. Educated people do question and investigate....

So after investigating, the religous states, I think Louisiana should tax its natural gas, food production, and chemical industries 1% of its exports to the rest of the country. Especially "Northerners" in PA. That would make LA richer than Saudi Arabia....Its time for equal pay....Otherwise you up North can starve, go without gasoline, freeze in the winter,, or do without chemicals, such as plastics....What do you think?

By the way, what have the so called "educated" states, or PA done for LA lately? Economic exploitation I would say....Your oppression is noted....
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#409707 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't read to well either He told you he wasn't a follower of Miss White.
He tells us a lot of things. He's an SDA, plain and simple. He thinks that Jesus is the Archangel Micheal, that is when he's not posting dirty jokes. Or have you forgotten?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#409708 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly my point. You'll defend anyone who's anti-Catholic.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409709 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever read what you post or listen to what you say Preston your a contradiction in motion. Show me the post where I said you argued with Preston and don't side track the issue "PUT UP OR SHUT UP". I SAID YOU HAVE ARGUED AND CALLED EVERYONE ON HERE NAMES AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.
JOHN ISN'T ON HERE ANY MORE SO HE CAN'T ARGEE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER WITH WHAT YOU ARE POSTING.
hate to bust your bubble but PRESTON AND I ARE THE SAME PERSON.LOL

and I have been called names by eveyone on here too, including you calling me a donkey a few hours ago.but I havent called anyone a cuss word like you have to me.usually my words are about ignorance that some people on here are full of.

SOMEONE GIVE THIS WOMAN A STONE.LOL
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409710 Dec 15, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't underestimate me, LTM. I happen to agree with Preston on a few things. If you're so against what he posts, then why do you give the others a pass when they do the same thing? Do you rebuke 4bdn when he constantly taunts and insults Hojo and the other Catholics here? No, you don't. Preston has always been outspoken. Why is this suddenly a problem for you? Is it because he's not coming down on Catholics this time? If he was, you'd be cheering him on.
a few weeks ago, anthony kinda "hinted" for me to tone it down, and I think that I have. I have much more animosity towards those like LTM, 4bdn and others than I do with the catholics.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409711 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
well if he isnt, he sure looks like one and smells like one and if it quacks, it just might be aduck.

Adventist dishonesty in the way they present the Catholic faith
Recently (the week or so prior to Easter 2004) someone on alt.religion.christian.adventi st and alt.religion.christian.roman-c atholic posted several messages about Adventism, claiming it was a cult, and listing some of its doctrines.

Here are some excerpts, with spelling and grammar errors intact:

The first and last thing on their mind is not bringing the gospel to those who don't know it but bringing their Saturday Sabbath instead. In their missionary work, they are parasites that feed on ex-Catholic, ex-Orthodox, ex-Coptic, ex-Assyrians and ex-other denominations who did not know their faith to begin with.

Adventists don't really believe in the Trinity but that Christ was a mini-god or something like that.

Among one of their many weird observances is vegetarianism, as if that relates to God while Jesus himself was not a vegetarian. Further, the very few exceptions where some of them who permit themselves to eat meat, it has to be Kosher. Their non-vegetarians cannot eat pork, shell-fish, or any of non-Kosher foods.

http://www.theotokos.co.za/adventism/sdahate....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#409712 Dec 15, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo"
Ah--yes--"how easy it is" Confrinting, to "point fingers" calling the Catholic "Kettle black" while your own (bible only) Protestant (in denial)"Pot of polluted preachers" needs a heavy dose of repentence, The fact that Protestant ministers and preachers "equal or exceed" sexual abuse in the Protestant Churches as compared to those in the Catholic Churches, is "conveniently "ignored"! In addition,it is also a fact that "every one" of authors of the bible were sinners: Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners". Jesus established and formed His One True Catholic Church to "Save Sinners"-of which we all are guilty of!!-- This only shows how judggmentally duplicitious, distorted and twisted Protestants are in their ingrained, contraditing and condemningly (warped) anti-catholic thinking!!!
Are you willing to condemn those God has cleansed, just so that you can paint child molesters 'clean'. Moses WAS a murderer, David WAS an adulterer. Paul said that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I AM CHIEF. He named some awful sins...and said,'and such WERE some of you, BUT YOU ARE CLEANSED.'
"If we CONFESS our sins, He is faithful to forgive us our sins, AND to cleanse us of all unrighteousness."
Moses, David and Paul confessed their sins. They are NOT sinners anymore, they have been cleansed.
Those who will not confess their sins, remain condemned.
So far we've heard no confession/admission from the CC. They just keep saying...'well, the Protestants do it more than we do'.
KayMarie
So please tell me, how do know that every Catholic priest who has been accused of sexual abuse as well as every Protestant Minister/preacher who has been (also) accused of sexual abuse----has not "already" confessed their sin and "been cleansed"!
If any or all of them have made their confession--they are then "cleansed from all unrighteousness" and are NOT sinners anymore!!---- Isn't that right!!!----Do you know their hearts?? Do you have clear "insight" as to whether this priests and preachers have or have not confessed their sin?? If not--then Who are "you" to "make this judgement!!! You are beginning to sound like your condemning and judgemental husband!!!
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#409713 Dec 15, 2012
Sheeple can not stand the truth the proof.

The fact that it is what it is.

Yahweh Is the Creator ......He is more powerful than any and all gods.It is so very easy to look over the truth turn a blind eye.What this shows me how many sinners their are. Their are not ten commandment their are ten laws in total 613.that you are scared to death of....Laws of peace And Love.and the only way to change the world. but as you know it is to late for that now But to repent.When I tell you that the roman catholic church is the beast the woman. this is the truth And it is a fact!!!!! that that they have hanged the scriptures they have changed the laws the sabbath his feast days turned them into pagan holidays this woman is without a teacher but for satan and changes the laws with trial and error.

And you sheeple think that you will not have to pay for your sins you are mistaken you think because you are a catholick or a christian you will be raptured NOT!!!!! we will all pay in the worse way imaginable.Yahweh say's he is coming back with a wrath!!!!!! he will show know mercy because he will be putting a end to the sin just like Sodom and Gomorrah. what will kick this off hum!!!!!!could be wormwood could be A I.C.B.M. Could be A plague.how many will be hiding in holes and how many will be trying to find a crevice to hide in.Do as your father asks of you not what any church tells you. Keep the law or at least to the best of your ability.yes I know break one you break them all.....this is not so man made it to where some laws can not be kept.

And the sheeple thought Yahshua was a loon a nut....

Most are not even aware that you must be clean for Yahweh to hear you.hes not wasting his time on man made god worshipers.

what part of this do you not get

MAN CHANGED HIS NAME AND MADE HIM A GOD..........

And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come.

Only A few Are Called And Chosen.To Even Understand his NAME.

Now carry on.....
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#409714 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well if he isnt, he sure looks like one and smells like one and if it quacks, it just might be aduck.
Adventist dishonesty in the way they present the Catholic faith
Recently (the week or so prior to Easter 2004) someone on alt.religion.christian.adventi st and alt.religion.christian.roman-c atholic posted several messages about Adventism, claiming it was a cult, and listing some of its doctrines.
Here are some excerpts, with spelling and grammar errors intact:
The first and last thing on their mind is not bringing the gospel to those who don't know it but bringing their Saturday Sabbath instead. In their missionary work, they are parasites that feed on ex-Catholic, ex-Orthodox, ex-Coptic, ex-Assyrians and ex-other denominations who did not know their faith to begin with.
Adventists don't really believe in the Trinity but that Christ was a mini-god or something like that.
Among one of their many weird observances is vegetarianism, as if that relates to God while Jesus himself was not a vegetarian. Further, the very few exceptions where some of them who permit themselves to eat meat, it has to be Kosher. Their non-vegetarians cannot eat pork, shell-fish, or any of non-Kosher foods.
http://www.theotokos.co.za/adventism/sdahate....
He's SDA. They always deny it, like the JWs. It's similar to when atheists call themselves Deists. They think it gives them credibility with Christians. I've seen it happen here many times.
Joe Banuelos

La Habra, CA

#409715 Dec 15, 2012
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
Why can't we just all get along, the pope is human and he has the freedom of speech. I do believe we are all god's children and there are many beliefs in the world. I am a catholic and am very proud of the church and it's people. yes there are many other church's, only if you really study the catholic church you will find that catholic'sare very giving good people. The catholic church has had it's number of challenges, but nevertheless they keep going. I do believe other church's should have their say in all issues's, but to the end of time I do not think that all church's will unite because of the differences. If we had God or Jesus here on earth he would say can't we all just get along. then he would say I made you and love you even with all your fault's and differneces. So just spread alittle love and learn from each other. I have a business and I do not try to discuss reglion too much with my clients because it would only cause turmoil and I would probably lose them as customers. So I keep my thoughts to myself and love them anyway. Joe
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409716 Dec 15, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd. I understood that all believers cared about what others believed in and thought.
Why would christians care about the 10 commandments being hung it public buildings if they did not want everyone to believe in their god?
Why would believers fly planes into building, if they didn't care what others thought and believed in?
Why did the christians go on the crusades, if they didn't care?
Why did the christians kill people for not believing as they did, if they didn't care?
I care what you think and believe! I have read your bible and I know what god demands that you do to people like me! I have been told that god talks to people, since I know that is crazy, I want to keep an eye on them.
BlackSheep says..

..Why would christians care about the 10 commandments being hung it public buildings.

Michael says.....Why do they have to hang the 10 commandments anywhere. Wouldn't you believe everyone would know them off by heart by now. If they can't remember them then they are in trouble.....(lol)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409717 Dec 15, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that I'm saved today because I trust Jesus's promise. I have no unconfessed mortal sins, which is what will keep me from entering the kingdom. Yet I am not able to predict the future.
My venial sins, wood and straw as St. Paul said, will be burned up, but I will still enter the kingdom.
"I see no truth to your statements. Just a false hope on your part because that is what you have been told."
Nevertheless.
"And lastly, as I have asked now for the thousandeth time. When do you believe that you 'became saved'?"
There are a hundred questions of mine that you've refused to answer. Answer some of them and I will happy to start answering yours again.
ANTHONY says.... I have no unconfessed mortal sins, which is what will keep me from entering the kingdom.

MICHAEL says.... Well! Aren't you the lucky one! Judging yourself as if God is not required.

God says his kingdom has many rooms. I can see God placing you in room 1313 right beside the elevator and noisey ice machine. If by some stroke of luck you make it.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409718 Dec 15, 2012
Joe Banuelos wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't we just all get along, the pope is human and he has the freedom of speech. I do believe we are all god's children and there are many beliefs in the world. I am a catholic and am very proud of the church and it's people. yes there are many other church's, only if you really study the catholic church you will find that catholic'sare very giving good people. The catholic church has had it's number of challenges, but nevertheless they keep going. I do believe other church's should have their say in all issues's, but to the end of time I do not think that all church's will unite because of the differences. If we had God or Jesus here on earth he would say can't we all just get along. then he would say I made you and love you even with all your fault's and differneces. So just spread alittle love and learn from each other. I have a business and I do not try to discuss reglion too much with my clients because it would only cause turmoil and I would probably lose them as customers. So I keep my thoughts to myself and love them anyway. Joe
What religion is God? Thats right, no religion.

BUSTED!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#409719 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones who went on the crusades were not chrisitans, although they did it in the name of God.
God never told anyone to rob, murder and rape your neighbours,
What was done in the name of God (BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND BLESSED BY THE POPES THROUGH OUT THE CRUSADES WAS FOR GREED AND FOR POWER).
If you would please read the bible! That is exactly what god told them to do.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409720 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
for gif who defends billy graham.
Morals and Dogma, 28th Degree, called Knight of the Sun, or Prince Adept, Page771-772
NIGHT OF THE SUN, OR PRINCE ADEPT
[ This editor's notes are in these brackets.]
Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two. The human unity is made complete by the right and left. The primitive man was of both sexes. The Divinity, one in its essence, has two essential conditions as fundamental bases of its existence--Necessity and Liberty.
The laws of the Supreme Reason necessitate and regulate liberty in God, who is necessarily reasonable and wise.
Knowledge supposes the binary. An object known is indispensable to the being that knows.
The binary is the generator of Society and the law. It is also the number of the gnosis, a word adopted in lieu of Science and expressing only the idea of cognizance by intuition. It is Unity, multiplying itself by itself to create; and therefore it is that the Sacred Symbols make Eve issue from the very chest of Adam.
Adam is the human Tetragram, which is summed up in the' mysterious Yod of the Kabalah, image of the Kabalistic Phallus. Add to this Yod [ Phallus ], the ternary name of Eve, and you form the name of Jehovah, the Divine Tetragramn, the transcendent Kabalistic and magical word:
[ What follows is ALL sexual and filthy.]
http://www.despatch.cth.com.au/Misc/Graham3.h...
now a denial from grahams cohorts.
Both of these web sites reported that Mr. Graham was one of their "Famous Masons". Since that time both have removed his name from the list. We reported this information to our readers, because, if Mr. Graham is a Freemason, then the faith in him and his ministry, which is shared by millions of Christians worldwide, is misplaced, to say the least. Therefore, we reported that Mr. Graham was listed on these Web pages as one of the "Famous Masons". A firestorm ensued, and it was a fire that burned at both ends. We heard from many of our readers, as most of them were irate that we would "attack" a Christian brother.We have received this response from Don Kinde, answering these three questions; and then Mr. Kinde went a bit further in supplying information. In this response, Don Kinde of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association categorically denied that Mr. Graham was a Freemason. We reprint this email in its entirety.
"Dear ----,
Thank you for your e-mail message regarding Freemasonry. My answer was to the question of Dr. Graham's view of and involvement with Freemasonry. I will respond to your three questions:
1. BGEA does not have an official position on Freemasonry. Mr. Graham's response that he is not, has not, and does not expect ever to be involved in Freemasonry is as close to any policy that we have.
We are still troubled by the many actions of the BGEA, but we do accept Mr. Graham's denial that he is a Freemason9(billy graham is not making this denial.lol, his cohort is)BIG DIFFERENCE
http://www.cephasministry.com/n1099.html
ME; OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO SAY THAT HE IS, ETC. THEY HAVE LIED FOR HIM IN THE PAST.AND WITH THE BAD PULICITY, OF COURSE, THE LODGES WOULD REMOVE HIS NAME IF HE WOULD REQUEST THEM TO DO FOR THE MASONS DO NOT WISH ANY NEGATIVE PUBLICITY. AGAIN, THIS DENIAL DID NOT COME FROM BILLY GRAHAM AS IT SHOULD HAVE.
attemcowboy....AKA Preston, and ???

How can you refer to yourself as ATTEM-COWBOY and you don't even own a horse?

Who is ZOOMING WHO?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#409721 Dec 15, 2012
The one church Jesus Christ Himself is building (Matthew 16:18) consists of all States of Mind on earth, from Ignorant to Masterful in 4th-Layer Heavenly Scriptural meaning.

It is called TheoCracy - The reign of the Highest Abstract State of Mind that supersedes the former|lower.

The pope and his ignorance of Jesus Christ's heavenly meaning (John 3:12) is irrelevant. Any old, decrepit hewn man (human, torso void of spiritual limbs - Daniel 4:10 to 17) can put on a frock and declare himself somebody. No matter, for only Mind is of the essence and only the bible (KJV & ASV), the world's #1 Mandatory instruction manual, can get us there.

Jesus Christ is the ONLY LIVING man and owner of the universe according to The Absolute One (sch'ma), called God's heavenly blue-print for man, and we are to FOLLOW Him only, NO middle-man of any kind...

Show me ONE living pope, with David as his son (David is the eternal youth(!) and I change all of the above.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409722 Dec 15, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You I'm not ashamed for. You're a bitter, ignorant and foolish old man who cannot change his ways. On the other hand, there's a dignity that I associate with older 'ladies' and I'm trying to help your wife see that digging in the trash makes her seem, well...trashy.
Yes, I'm going to do an inquisition so to speak. I'm going to continue to inquire about the truthfulness, the faithfulness and the sincerity of her posts. If she lies, drags up garbage or misunderstands what she's posting, I will, in no uncertain terms "straighten her out" . I promise it won't hurt......much.
Anthony says....... You're a bitter, ignorant and foolish old man who cannot change his ways.

Michael says... Anthony who claims he has no mortal sins on his own soul. LOL! Who preaches nothing but love!

Anthony, what happened to "WE FORGIVE THOSE THAT TRESSPASS AGAINST US" that you will be reciting in church Sunday morning?

Anthony to Confrinting....."YOU'RE A BITTER, IGNORANT AND FOOLISH OLD MAN"

Were just not feeling the LOVE from you Anthony.

BUSTED! x3
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409723 Dec 15, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
STOP the 3rd grade whining Regina.
Did you ever stand up for others, including a fellow Catholic Mom, when your boy John NJ was cursing and berating her and others?
No!
You rejoiced when he called Michael's deceased mother names.
Such hypocrisy -- an old bird like yourself should know better.
It is just supposed to work one way FM. Thier way. Some how they can't remember that I did try to address Old JG on more than one occasion. It just wasn't the way they do it, by calling names and attacking. Have you noticed that PERCY has now become the poster boy for the CATHOLICS. OLD PERCY, the one who said that they were a CULT. LOL Hi will do anything to be popular with anyone. He is a sad little man. Cheers.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409724 Dec 15, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I love being proven right!
!
How would you know. It has never happened yet.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409725 Dec 15, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
You are right. Educated people do question and investigate....
So after investigating, the religous states, I think Louisiana should tax its natural gas, food production, and chemical industries 1% of its exports to the rest of the country. Especially "Northerners" in PA. That would make LA richer than Saudi Arabia....Its time for equal pay....Otherwise you up North can starve, go without gasoline, freeze in the winter,, or do without chemicals, such as plastics....What do you think?
By the way, what have the so called "educated" states, or PA done for LA lately? Economic exploitation I would say....Your oppression is noted....
Robert my good friend......

Robert F says......Otherwise you up North can starve, go without gasoline, freeze in the winter,, or do without chemicals, such as plastics....What do you think?

Michael says.....Analyzing your statement above, I checked it over. Let me guess, you are a Roman Catholic?

You should learn from the BEATLES.......LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED!

If catholics could all play on a football team they would all be playing DEFENSE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 6 hr par five 84,327
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Paul Porter1 266
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web