Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,307
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#409693 Dec 15, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see.
Should we put stock in findings based on 350,000 interviews by Gallup researchers?
Or should we believe the rationalization of a Topix poster who isn't comfortable with Gallup's findings?
Ummm? Again, does more Education lead to Less Religion?
"According to a new working paper by Daniel M. Hungerman, an economist at Notre Dame who studies religion, the answer is yes."
http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/04/25/does-m...
Hello???? Reality knocking, is anyone there????
I don't care who or what you believe in or why?

I find Ideologues boring. Sorry man..
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409694 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think that regie is a idiot.
you fell in the toilet and cant dig your way out.
ONLY A PERSON THAT WAS TROLING HIM WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT HE WAS GONE. ONLY YOU.
you are the {idiot }for making that statement that clearly indicts you.
NO ONE ELSE EVEN KNEW THAT HE WAS GONE, THANKS FOR TELLING US. AND DID TOPIX KICK YOU OFF?
Oh come on preston, are you going keep repeating this over and over just like you do everything else.
Falling in a toilet is one thing but when a persons jumps in and takes up residents there like you do just to see what kind of dirty they can find on someone is something else.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409695 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text> JOHNS NAME IS IN THIS POST, IN RELATION TO THE FILTHY TALK THAT 4BDN DOES ALSO, LIKE ODDJG DID.AND YEAH JOHN DOES NEED TO BE MENTIONED ON THIS FORUM. HE BROUGHT MUCH INFO TO THIS FORUM, UNLIKE YOU, AND SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN TALKED TO AS 4BDN DID AND ONLY KAREN AND I HAD THE GUTS AND THE NERVE TO SPEAK AGAINST THAT FILTHY TALK. NOW WONDER THAT YOU DIDNT, YOU USE IT ALSO ON THIS FORUM
I AM ASKING 4BDN HOW HE KNOWS THAT ODDJG IS GONE IF HE ISNT HIM.
IF YOU CANT ANSWER A POST CORRECTLY THEN SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND KEEP QUIET.THIS IS WHAT YOU DID WHEN YOU ATTACKED ME WHILE IT WAS ORVILLE DOING THE ATTACKING. PS, you can use that word against me, you have twice before.NOW READ THIS!
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the same goes for you, you and teh sda cultist wear those icons out.
so answer this for all of us.
how did you know that oddjg was gone?
was that you trolling his nick and cussing people out and talking filthy like you did to john?
to know that he was gone indicates that topix kicked you off using that nick. correct?
HE DOESNT ANSWER SINCE THE PROBABILITY IS THAT HE WAS USING ODJG AS A TROLL NICK,
and since this is a public forum, I will speak out as much and as ofter as I wish, expecially when he calls me names, AND YOU REMAIN SILENT. YET WHEN I SPEAK OUT, THE HOUNDS OF HELL ARE RELEASED AGAINST ME.I SPEAK OUT AGAISNT EVIL BEHAVIOR AND YOU TRY AND SILENCE ME FOR IT.LOL JUST LIKE THE DEVIL.
I don't believe a word you just posted I believe your motive for being on here is to cause chaos.
You are so unhappy with you miserable life you want to make everyone else miserable too.
You like a little girl if someone else is friends with me or someone you don't like you go all ballestic with jealousy.
You need attention , if you don't get it you act out like a kid.
You have called everyone one hear names, Preston how dare you point figure at others, I don't get caught up in peoples beefs as a rule, your arguements are with them.
But you have dragged my name into to many of your post with other people, at least what I have to say I say right to you.
I spoke up for Orville,and KM and her husband because you kept saying I agreed with you, I accepted your apology Preston for what you said to me but I don't agree with anything you say to others.
After 2 weeks of reading your post to them I had to say something.
I wish I could face you Preston I want to see if your head is really that big.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409696 Dec 15, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a thing wrong with telling someone who has a filthy mouth that they have a filthy mouth. Too bad Little Ellen White didn't clarify that for you. You're another hypocrite who attacked John mercilessly, we all remember it clearly. And learn how to speak English, for heaven's sake!
I never took you for a puppet, Regina or have you for gotten all the nasty mean things Preston said to you.
Right now he just needs someone to feed his ego it is so big, and you are it.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#409697 Dec 15, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care who or what you believe in or why?
I find Ideologues boring. Sorry man..
That's odd. I understood that all believers cared about what others believed in and thought.
Why would christians care about the 10 commandments being hung it public buildings if they did not want everyone to believe in their god?
Why would believers fly planes into building, if they didn't care what others thought and believed in?
Why did the christians go on the crusades, if they didn't care?
Why did the christians kill people for not believing as they did, if they didn't care?
I care what you think and believe! I have read your bible and I know what god demands that you do to people like me! I have been told that god talks to people, since I know that is crazy, I want to keep an eye on them.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409698 Dec 15, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a thing wrong with telling someone who has a filthy mouth that they have a filthy mouth. Too bad Little Ellen White didn't clarify that for you. You're another hypocrite who attacked John mercilessly, we all remember it clearly. And learn how to speak English, for heaven's sake!
You don't read to well either He told you he wasn't a follower of Miss White.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409699 Dec 15, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd. I understood that all believers cared about what others believed in and thought.
Why would christians care about the 10 commandments being hung it public buildings if they did not want everyone to believe in their god?
Why would believers fly planes into building, if they didn't care what others thought and believed in?
Why did the christians go on the crusades, if they didn't care?
Why did the christians kill people for not believing as they did, if they didn't care?
I care what you think and believe! I have read your bible and I know what god demands that you do to people like me! I have been told that god talks to people, since I know that is crazy, I want to keep an eye on them.
The ones who went on the crusades were not chrisitans, although they did it in the name of God.
God never told anyone to rob, murder and rape your neighbours,
What was done in the name of God (BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND BLESSED BY THE POPES THROUGH OUT THE CRUSADES WAS FOR GREED AND FOR POWER).
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409700 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I never took you for a puppet, Regina or have you for gotten all the nasty mean things Preston said to you.
just like YOU BROUGHT UP THAT JOHN AND I ARGUED WITH EACH OTHER, YET YOU WANT ME NOT TO MENTION HIS NAME.AND NOW YOU ARE USING THE SAME TACTICS WITH REGGIE

GUESS WHAT? I DONT LISTEN TO A PERSON LIKE YOU WHO IS ONLY TRYING TO CAUSE TROUBLE BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE,AND NEITEHR WILL REG.

JUST LIKE MARGE TRIED WITH KAREN THE OTHER NIGHT AND KAREN WOULDNT LISTEN TO HER.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409701 Dec 15, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Too much of a selection menu for me . need a simple Happy Meal.
noproblem. Jesus made it very simple.

"thou shall the Lord thy God and your neighbor,

and you know that really covers them

look at the ten and you will see that it does.
Anthony MN

United States

#409702 Dec 15, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SO you continue your modern day inquisition...
Are these the same tactics that your Church used in the 650 years of inquisition...
If you continue you inquisition we will just ignore your post as if you don't exist. You have no power over us...
All you are doing at present is attempting to harass...MY WIFE AND I
creating a PUBLIC .RELATION. diversion to move those here in the forum
away from the current global scandal in your church ...That is what you
should be ashamed for...
A scandal that is beyond anyone's ability to cover up.
You I'm not ashamed for. You're a bitter, ignorant and foolish old man who cannot change his ways. On the other hand, there's a dignity that I associate with older 'ladies' and I'm trying to help your wife see that digging in the trash makes her seem, well...trashy.

Yes, I'm going to do an inquisition so to speak. I'm going to continue to inquire about the truthfulness, the faithfulness and the sincerity of her posts. If she lies, drags up garbage or misunderstands what she's posting, I will, in no uncertain terms "straighten her out" . I promise it won't hurt......much.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409703 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>just like YOU BROUGHT UP THAT JOHN AND I ARGUED WITH EACH OTHER, YET YOU WANT ME NOT TO MENTION HIS NAME.AND NOW YOU ARE USING THE SAME TACTICS WITH REGGIE
GUESS WHAT? I DONT LISTEN TO A PERSON LIKE YOU WHO IS ONLY TRYING TO CAUSE TROUBLE BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE,AND NEITEHR WILL REG.
JUST LIKE MARGE TRIED WITH KAREN THE OTHER NIGHT AND KAREN WOULDNT LISTEN TO HER.
Do you ever read what you post or listen to what you say Preston your a contradiction in motion. Show me the post where I said you argued with Preston and don't side track the issue "PUT UP OR SHUT UP". I SAID YOU HAVE ARGUED AND CALLED EVERYONE ON HERE NAMES AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.
JOHN ISN'T ON HERE ANY MORE SO HE CAN'T ARGEE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER WITH WHAT YOU ARE POSTING.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#409704 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't underestimate me, LTM. I happen to agree with Preston on a few things. If you're so against what he posts, then why do you give the others a pass when they do the same thing? Do you rebuke 4bdn when he constantly taunts and insults Hojo and the other Catholics here? No, you don't. Preston has always been outspoken. Why is this suddenly a problem for you? Is it because he's not coming down on Catholics this time? If he was, you'd be cheering him on.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409705 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, you didnt reads his links then that usually have her name in them and her false doctrine as he posted to clay a couple of weeks ago.

but never mind, you cant read anyhow.

then he has used the old ploy that he follows the baptist tradition, but again that goes back to miller a defrocked baptist who was kicked out of their denomination.

AND NO BAPTIST NOR CHRISTIAN USES FRIDAY NIGHT TO SAT NIGHT AS THEIR SABBATH,

ONLY THE SDA. EVEN IGNORANT PEOPLE CAN DISCERN THAT.

GUESS WHERE THAT LEAVES YOU?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#409706 Dec 15, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Educated people often question and investigate that which they are told. Yes, some very intelligent people do believe; we should ask them why they believe.
Indoctrination?
Recovering addict?
How many of them decided to believe after the age of 18, without having been indoctrinated or being an addict?
How many of them decided to believe after the age of 21, without having been indoctrinated or being an addict?
How many of them decided to believe after the age of 30, without having been indoctrinated or being an addict?
Why are people from other parts of the world, completely ignorant to your god? Is the holy spirit limited on where it can visit?
TBS

You are right. Educated people do question and investigate....

So after investigating, the religous states, I think Louisiana should tax its natural gas, food production, and chemical industries 1% of its exports to the rest of the country. Especially "Northerners" in PA. That would make LA richer than Saudi Arabia....Its time for equal pay....Otherwise you up North can starve, go without gasoline, freeze in the winter,, or do without chemicals, such as plastics....What do you think?

By the way, what have the so called "educated" states, or PA done for LA lately? Economic exploitation I would say....Your oppression is noted....
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#409707 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
He tells us a lot of things. He's an SDA, plain and simple. He thinks that Jesus is the Archangel Micheal, that is when he's not posting dirty jokes. Or have you forgotten?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#409708 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly my point. You'll defend anyone who's anti-Catholic.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409709 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever read what you post or listen to what you say Preston your a contradiction in motion. Show me the post where I said you argued with Preston and don't side track the issue "PUT UP OR SHUT UP". I SAID YOU HAVE ARGUED AND CALLED EVERYONE ON HERE NAMES AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.
JOHN ISN'T ON HERE ANY MORE SO HE CAN'T ARGEE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER WITH WHAT YOU ARE POSTING.
hate to bust your bubble but PRESTON AND I ARE THE SAME PERSON.LOL

and I have been called names by eveyone on here too, including you calling me a donkey a few hours ago.but I havent called anyone a cuss word like you have to me.usually my words are about ignorance that some people on here are full of.

SOMEONE GIVE THIS WOMAN A STONE.LOL
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409710 Dec 15, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't underestimate me, LTM. I happen to agree with Preston on a few things. If you're so against what he posts, then why do you give the others a pass when they do the same thing? Do you rebuke 4bdn when he constantly taunts and insults Hojo and the other Catholics here? No, you don't. Preston has always been outspoken. Why is this suddenly a problem for you? Is it because he's not coming down on Catholics this time? If he was, you'd be cheering him on.
a few weeks ago, anthony kinda "hinted" for me to tone it down, and I think that I have. I have much more animosity towards those like LTM, 4bdn and others than I do with the catholics.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409711 Dec 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
well if he isnt, he sure looks like one and smells like one and if it quacks, it just might be aduck.

Adventist dishonesty in the way they present the Catholic faith
Recently (the week or so prior to Easter 2004) someone on alt.religion.christian.adventi st and alt.religion.christian.roman-c atholic posted several messages about Adventism, claiming it was a cult, and listing some of its doctrines.

Here are some excerpts, with spelling and grammar errors intact:

The first and last thing on their mind is not bringing the gospel to those who don't know it but bringing their Saturday Sabbath instead. In their missionary work, they are parasites that feed on ex-Catholic, ex-Orthodox, ex-Coptic, ex-Assyrians and ex-other denominations who did not know their faith to begin with.

Adventists don't really believe in the Trinity but that Christ was a mini-god or something like that.

Among one of their many weird observances is vegetarianism, as if that relates to God while Jesus himself was not a vegetarian. Further, the very few exceptions where some of them who permit themselves to eat meat, it has to be Kosher. Their non-vegetarians cannot eat pork, shell-fish, or any of non-Kosher foods.

http://www.theotokos.co.za/adventism/sdahate....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#409712 Dec 15, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo"
Ah--yes--"how easy it is" Confrinting, to "point fingers" calling the Catholic "Kettle black" while your own (bible only) Protestant (in denial)"Pot of polluted preachers" needs a heavy dose of repentence, The fact that Protestant ministers and preachers "equal or exceed" sexual abuse in the Protestant Churches as compared to those in the Catholic Churches, is "conveniently "ignored"! In addition,it is also a fact that "every one" of authors of the bible were sinners: Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners". Jesus established and formed His One True Catholic Church to "Save Sinners"-of which we all are guilty of!!-- This only shows how judggmentally duplicitious, distorted and twisted Protestants are in their ingrained, contraditing and condemningly (warped) anti-catholic thinking!!!
Are you willing to condemn those God has cleansed, just so that you can paint child molesters 'clean'. Moses WAS a murderer, David WAS an adulterer. Paul said that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I AM CHIEF. He named some awful sins...and said,'and such WERE some of you, BUT YOU ARE CLEANSED.'
"If we CONFESS our sins, He is faithful to forgive us our sins, AND to cleanse us of all unrighteousness."
Moses, David and Paul confessed their sins. They are NOT sinners anymore, they have been cleansed.
Those who will not confess their sins, remain condemned.
So far we've heard no confession/admission from the CC. They just keep saying...'well, the Protestants do it more than we do'.
KayMarie
So please tell me, how do know that every Catholic priest who has been accused of sexual abuse as well as every Protestant Minister/preacher who has been (also) accused of sexual abuse----has not "already" confessed their sin and "been cleansed"!
If any or all of them have made their confession--they are then "cleansed from all unrighteousness" and are NOT sinners anymore!!---- Isn't that right!!!----Do you know their hearts?? Do you have clear "insight" as to whether this priests and preachers have or have not confessed their sin?? If not--then Who are "you" to "make this judgement!!! You are beginning to sound like your condemning and judgemental husband!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web