Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
394,521 - 394,540 of 539,204 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409554 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to come out of the closet and tells us your real identity?
One day you call yourself Preston the next day a "Larry King" Look-alike calling himself ATEMCOWBOY.
Who are you??
I am who I say that I am.satisfied?

if I dont sign in,then the preston will show up.

then again, I could sign in as CR, my orignal nick back in 08.

or I could use my nick as Jonah. whatever turns me on, as for you. I could care less who you are.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409555 Dec 14, 2012
Teacher Faces Suspension for Sharing Bible Verse
Posted on December 14, 2012
A longtime substitute teacher in Phillipsburg, NJ, faces a 90-day suspension after he was accused of sharing a Bible verse with a student – and then giving the child a Bible. The Phillipsburg School Board said Walter Tutka broke two policies – distributing religious literature on school grounds and another policy that directs teachers to be neutral when discussing religious material. The controversy has generated outrage among the region’s religious community – with many claiming that Tutka is being “persecuted” for simply being a Christian. The electrical company retiree is a well-respected member of the community.“It was appalling,” said Joe Imhof, a close friend of Tutka.“They read him the riot act. They used words like separation of church and state and inclusion. And then they sent him home for violating school district policy.” Imhof and Tutka serve together in Gideons International – a ministry known for providing Bibles to school children across the world. He was one of several people to speak at a recent school board meeting about Tutka’s fate. In October, Tutka was standing by a door waiting on middle school students to enter the building. One student trailed behind the rest.“Just remember, son,” Tutka told the tardy student,“The first shall be last but the last shall be first.” A few days later the student asked about the origins of the quote. Tutka told him it was in the Bible.“Over the next few weeks, the young student asked about a half dozen times where the quote was from in the Bible,” Imhof told Fox News.“Walt kept forgetting to look it up.” On Oct. 12th, Tutka was eating lunch in the cafeteria when the student approached and brought up the Bible verse. So Tutka took out his Bible and showed the student the verse. At some point the student mentioned that he did not have a Bible.“Walt basically said,‘would you like mine?” Imhof said.“The student said yes and so Walt gave him his personal New Testament.” It’s unclear who reported Tutka to administration officials. But several days later he was summoned to the front office and Tutka, who had subbed for 28 out of the last 30 days, was sent home. To date, he has not been called back. The school superintendent did not return multiple calls seeking comment. The Express-Times received a copy of a letter from the school district recommending Tutka’s suspension for violating district policy.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409556 Dec 14, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If you can't answer the questions just post a little lite bulb.
the same goes for you, you and teh sda cultist wear those icons out.

so answer this for all of us.

how did you know that oddjg was gone?
was that you trolling his nick and cussing people out and talking filthy like you did to john?

to know that he was gone indicates that topix kicked you off using that nick. correct?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409557 Dec 14, 2012
who="Michael"
Everybody read this from KayMarie.
...There IS a God that you cannot see, because our vision cannot manage it.
Your physical eyes can only see about 3 % of the available light.
MICHAEL says....
...How can you make this stuff up so fast?(lol)
I have 20/20 eyesight and I can see 100% of the available light and I haven't seen God yet.
I think you need a time-out KayMarie. lol!

I think you need to check out the latest science reports. It was they who said that we can only see about 3 % of available light.

Scriptures back it up. "No man can see God (who is light) and live." And, "When Jesus returns He will destroy the wicked WITH THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS COMING."

KayMarie
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409558 Dec 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="atemcowboy" help him out, will you anthony?
it is spelled hijacked, not hy jacked.lol
guess that Ananias never learned how to spell, while cleaning out those classrooms in that Bible college that he "attended"
You don't have any room for dissing someone over their spelling.
KM
I certainly am not that blatant ignorant.

and most of my mistakes are typing errors, not SPALING.lol

firs it was only one word, not two.

and second, it was not hy, it is hi.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409559 Dec 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
I think ignorance is the least of his problems.
You are quite right; ignorance is not a problem for him.
But you...that's a different story. Brighten up...
KayMarie
aw!!!!/ does the itty bitty baby have to hide behind wifey's shirt once again?lol

ignorance is a problem for BOTH of you two. neither of you know much about the Bible and it shows.

you cant even teach what the Aposltes taught and recorded, andw e see it every day.

if he attended a Bible college and doesnt know any more than he does. YOU SHOULD ASK FOR A REFUND.THAT WAS WASTED MONEY AND CLASS SPACE THAT COULD AHVE BEEN USED FOR A STUDENT WITH AN IQ OVER 75, LIKE MR FRAUD POSSESSES

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#409560 Dec 14, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
We get the Northen Lights up this way FOL, We don't have all the street lights or tall buildings big cities do, so the stars are very bright too right out my back door. One night I got up and the moon seem to be sitting on the house across from us it was beautiful.
There's no street lights here in the holler either LTM.

It is pitch dark out at night.

Last night around 12:00 I went outside for the last time.
All together,I seen 20 shooting stars,well that's what I call them.

I thought I was gonna break my neck looking straight up like I did.

I bet it's beautiful up there where you live.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409561 Dec 14, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think ignorance is the least of his problems.
Yeah, I know just what you mean.imagine living under the roof with someone just as dumb as you are.

ananias and Sapphira.

The major sin of Ananias and Sapphira was dishonesty, deceit, hypocrisy, pretense, presenting a false image of themselves, implying a greater spirituality than they actually possessed, letting people think more highly of them than what they knew was warranted. They were more interested in appearances than in reality.

whoever wrote that said it very well. just like they knew mr and mrs fraud

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#409562 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>

Michael says...
...Maybe you should start right with the followers of your church. You don't think catholics are having abortions, using birth control, getting divorced, or that no catholics are gay?(lol)
I agree they don't recognize these instances.

It is because they are blinded by a false doctrine.

I've tried to help, but their minds are of their own, well sort of.

Happy Holidays!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#409563 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the same goes for you, you and teh sda cultist wear those icons out.
so answer this for all of us.
how did you know that oddjg was gone?
was that you trolling his nick and cussing people out and talking filthy like you did to john?
to know that he was gone indicates that topix kicked you off using that nick. correct?
Just can't get me off your mind can you cowboy..........lol

Albuquerque, NM

#409564 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody read this from KayMarie.
...There IS a God that you cannot see, because our vision cannot manage it.
Your physical eyes can only see about 3 % of the available light.
MICHAEL says....
...How can you make this stuff up so fast?(lol)
I have 20/20 eyesight and I can see 100% of the available light and I haven't seen God yet.
I think you need a time-out KayMarie. lol!
You know Mike - I also wasn't going to respond, but I thought about it for a moment, and realized, it just wasn't worth my time to prove KM wrong yet again.

She really doesn't understand much of anything, so putting Science to the table, I felt that it was too much for her to absorb.

Happy Holidays!
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409565 Dec 14, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Just can't get me off your mind can you cowboy..........lol
it is friday, do you pick and choose if you want to observe Shabat between friday evening and sat evening?

HYPOCRITE.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#409566 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is friday, do you pick and choose if you want to observe Shabat between friday evening and sat evening?
HYPOCRITE.
Whatever day I am sure a individual makes the choice unless ones parents make them get up and go.

TEOTWAWKI
Pete

Alton, MO

#409567 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is friday, do you pick and choose if you want to observe Shabat between friday evening and sat evening?
HYPOCRITE.
You gots to love all the Holy Wars this time of years.At least, the Moslims in Michigan are making more babies than a sperm whale.....They plan on taking over the world thru a Population War.....God Bless America!
Anthony MN

United States

#409568 Dec 14, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>According to YOU(no spam,please) what does it mean to get saved? You have been a catholic all your life. You should be able to answer some questions on your own, don't you think? What are you saved from. What does the 'bible' say takes place when a person is saved.
4gvn (maybe you should give me your name, it's goofy to address you this way), you are not the debate monitor. I've asked you a hundred questions which you've never answered. But I will take the high road and try to answer yours.

1. I am saved by God's grace at this moment.
I continue to be saved by working out my salvation with fear and trembling through cooperation with the grace that God pours out on me.
I will be saved if I endure to the end of my life in God's grace.

2. I'm saved from eternal damnation and will enjoy eternal joy in God's presence.

3. The bible says as I've stated above.

Albuquerque, NM

#409569 Dec 14, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
I thought all was clear....
About what?

You've still yet to answer, "Where does 'God' say that Gnosticism is heresy?"

So, no I am not clear on where "God" says this.

You think you are clear on it, but somehow, don't want to post the information for others to use.

Why not just post the specific "God's statement"?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>There may not be much time left for you. So I need to keep it quick for your sake. Your mind may be occupied on other things....
Are you psychic? Because you speculate that I am going to die.

Good news for all - nope, not yet.

*knocks on wood*

Then again, no one, not even you, know when that day will come, huh?

But is it fun to speculate about others.

:o)
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I am concerned for you.

Don't be.

You have no connection to me, except through this forum. You are projecting.

What can you do for me anyhow?

*smiles*
This will be interesting.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>We are getting close to the end of 12/21/12, and I hope you aren't the guy in N.M who is going to jump off some huge cliff, and expect the Universe to catch him.(But he said he wanted money, so I doubt he will.)
Nah - that's not me. I hope I didn't disappoint you.

1. I'm not as foolish as you implicate.
2. I have a family that i love and they love me, so I wouldn't do such things without some sort of training in parachuting or hand gliding. So you can now end any speculation on that issue, or one that you've seemed to have preconceived about me.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>But don't worry anyway.
I don't worry.

Worrying are for those who are scared of what is to come of them.

If you haven't done anything wrong, then there is no need to worry.

Live in the moment, you'll see life as you never have.

Accept and realize the moment you are currently in, for all others are just "gimmees".
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>I am looking forward to Christmas....And you should be as well. We don't go by the Mayan calendar...lol.
Oh - I love Christmas, thanks for thinking I don't.

You sure do have alot of preconceived notions about me. I'll bet most if all are wrong.

I also don't go by the Mayan calendar, as I am not of that age.

I'm wondering if you even know anything about who put the calendar together, what it represents, or why the calendar came into the Mayan world. Do you know any of these?

I can truthfully state that I do. You will learn something you didn't.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>I don't remember the name of one of the Mayan prophets for New Agers, but if the world does not come to an end, doesn't that make his "enlightenment" a bit suspect?
"According to 13th Generation Maya Priest, Grandfather Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj, the calendars were originally given to the Maya peoples by the 4 Original Prophets from the Stars. They are very confident of the celestial origins of their sacred time science."
http://www.13moon.com/prophecy%20page.htm

"but if the world does not come to an end, doesn't that make his "enlightenment" a bit suspect?"
- it isn't the end of the world. I'm sorry to disappoint you and the destruction you had hoped for.
- People like you who "pray" to have these apocalyptic stories come to fruition are why people are violent. It's fear. You don't have to be afraid. Believe in Jesus, right? Yet you don't.
- I guess one could also say that the "Jesus is coming back" story would fall into the same category, huh? But you refuse to see it this way, because there hasn't been a stated time to when your belief's story is supposed to occur. Looks like you are safe.

Just so I do leave you with some information, maybe this one will help you better understand 12-21-12:

http://2012rising.com/article/the-galactic-al...

You should learn about the myths you love and fear.

Albuquerque, NM

#409570 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what your church is up to Anthony.
http://ncronline.org/blogs/grace-margins/roma...
Its going to downsize again! and become a SECT. Good idea.
Hmmmm.....can you feel it in the air?!!
Anthony MN

United States

#409571 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I know just what you mean.imagine living under the roof with someone just as dumb as you are.
ananias and Sapphira.
The major sin of Ananias and Sapphira was dishonesty, deceit, hypocrisy, pretense, presenting a false image of themselves, implying a greater spirituality than they actually possessed, letting people think more highly of them than what they knew was warranted. They were more interested in appearances than in reality.
whoever wrote that said it very well. just like they knew mr and mrs fraud
Yes, an incredibly accurate description. There's still time for repentance, God willing.

Albuquerque, NM

#409572 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am who I say that I am.satisfied?
SELF! You've finally got it.

"Satisfied?"

- one needs to be satisfied with their-self through honesty and love in order to show it in the works they do.

So far Preston, you've failed at being honest.

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409573 Dec 14, 2012
Obama Tells Troops “Don’t Criticize The Taliban”

Posted on December 12, 2012

The Obama Administration has ordered changes in a new military handbook to now forbid U.S soldiers from criticizing the Taliban. In addition, our men in uniform are forbidden to disparage pedophilia. Even further, our soldiers are instructed not to speak of women’s rights. Or homosexuality. Or criticism of Afghans at all. The manual, which runs 75 pages, insinuates that the reason for the insider attacks among our troops by Muslims is that we are ignorant of Afghani culture. The handbook intones:“Better situational awareness/understanding of Afghan culture will help better prepare [troops] to more effectively partner and to avoid cultural conflict that can lead toward green-on-blue violence.” It’s our insensitivity that fosters the sneak attacks inside our armed services. 63 of our soldiers have been murdered in almost 40 insider attacks just this year. U.S. Marine General John Allen, the top commander in Afghanistan,“does not approve of its contents,” according to a military spokesman. This follows an Obama Administration decision in 2012 that removed any materials that portrayed Muslims negatively. The FBI was ordered by Obama to eviscerate instructional material that shows Muslims as violent or open to becoming terrorists. And it’s not just the FBI; almost all federal agencies are now tasked with Muslim outreach. The Justice Department has an Islamic civil rights program, Homeland Security has coffee with Muslim organizations that are radical, and even NASA was pushed on Muslim diplomacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 4 hr ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••