Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,726)

Showing posts 394,501 - 394,520 of511,526
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
:o)
"Mary had a little lamb...."
NASL says.......Mary had a little lamb

Michael says.........and according to christians she had a little Jesus too.

No wonder there are farm animals displayed around the nativity scene. Thats the connection!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>No Habla Ingles
Right!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>YOUR NEXT TO THE LAST SENTANCE AGREES WITH WHAT THE AUTHOR OF THAT SCENARIO ALSO SAID.
want you to know that.
And grahams interview with larry king, he says that God loves satan, do you beleive that?
KING: Does God love him?
GRAHAM: Does God what?
KING: Satan. Does he love Satan?
GRAHAM: Well, he created him as Lucifer. In the 22nd of Ezekiel, it tells us about it, and he must love him, but the end of Satan is hell. Hell was created for the devil and his angels, or his demons, not for men.
KING: How about abortion?
GRAHAM: Same thing.
KING: Against it totally?
GRAHAM: Yes. But I'm not getting involved in it.
KING: So you believe it's the taking of a life?
GRAHAM: Yes, I do.
KING: But to protect the life of a mother you would permit it, right? I think you said that.
GRAHAM: Oh, yes.
KING: Yeah.
GRAHAM: Of course.
Gdday Chum. I believe that Graham's comments about God loving Satan is what happens when we start analyzing isues of the spiritua dimenson that we know nothing about.How would we know if God loves or does not love Satan.We think our limited human minds can grasp a spiritual world whos principles, nature, and laws far surpass ou comprehension. A better aswer would have been "I do not know but I know God loves us".We do this again and again because we
proudly have confidence in our intelect.Lets stick to the basics and leave such lofty questions to God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says....
Good works, like feeding the hungry and clothing the naked IS our response to His grace.
Michael says......That is exactly! what the 47,000 nuns in america are doing, in the gutters feeding the hungry and clothing the naked, but your church ANTHONY wants the nuns to spend their time talking down homosexuality and birth control instead.
Didn't you learn that Jesus accepted everyone, and his priorities were the poor and helpless?
I support the nuns!......as so many are doing today including the 1,000 (and growing) Roman catholic priests in america who belong to the AUSCP.
Its not about the church. Its about whats RIGHT!!!!
All your postings have sparked my curiosity about the nuns. I am going to go undercover as a nun into their world.Perhaps I may write a book about it "Nun Like Me"
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Christians are taught that God has a divine plan. God knows the minute everything will be born the minute they will die, every tree that grows and withers and every sunny and rainy day.

...Many years ago God decided to create a plan for everything. He checked his plan over, said it was a good plan, and put his plan it into operation.

..Christians came along and decided that they wanted more. If they pray to God for something it will be granted, but doing so is trying to change Gods divine plan.

...What is the point in having a divine plan if every clown coming along can pray wanting to change his plan!

People pray for everything. Pray for a sunny day on their wedding, farmers just 1 mile down the road are praying for rain. Two opposing football teams praying before the game telling God we want to win! What is God to do? BILLIONS and BILLIONS of prayers beamed to God everyday wanting him to change his divine plan. If you have cancer, people pray wanting God to change the course of the cancer. If cancer was part of Gods plan why can any scmuck coming along pray to change his plan?

...Most people pray to God on Sunday, his day off. That is not very nice.

I never pray, and if there is a God he is giving me the thumbs up for not trying to screw up his divine plan by praying for something I want.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

<quoted text>All your postings have sparked my curiosity about the nuns. I am going to go undercover as a nun into their world.Perhaps I may write a book about it "Nun Like Me"
Just to help you along in cognito. YOu can bid on nuns habits on Ebay. There are also priests attire for sale. Check the sizes.

After you write your book "Nuns Like Me"....you could write a second book for those that always wonder about nuns sexuality and call your book .........."Become a nun and get none"

You could hang around a few of the Hallmark stores in disguise as a nun, to see who is working hard and who is not. Undercover BOSS!

Let me know how you make out.

ps ......where are you going to get commercial size rosary beads that the nuns have attached to their attire? I think they might be a COPO order. Central office Production order.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I too was raised in the catholic church. Never ever heard such a thing. You think maybe you are all just nutjobs?....just a thought
When I went to catechism class, there was no salvation for Protestants.

Heck - the Pope had to make a special rule for JFK, so he could attend Protestant churches even if just for ceremonial or political purposes.

Yep, not so long ago, Prots were next to the devil and the Jews killed Jesus.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

who="Pad" I am convinced more than ever that persecution is the only thing that will separate the sheep from the goats. If those believers in prisons,and labor camps in various countries hostile to Christ,believed that it does not matter what you believe in the way of religion,if you are good and believe you can have Christ,even if you never know or hear His Name,than why suffer in prison or a re-education camp?
Buddhists in Myanmar are persecuting the Karen Christians,what is the point of being persecuted for Christ,if in fact those Buddhists do not really need to hear the Gospel?
If what Billy Graham said in the interview with Robert Schuller is true,than all those believers who languish in prisons and labor camps for preaching Christ,are wasting their time.Besides it is not our role on this earth to declare who is saved and who is not,but to present the Gospel of Christ,which shows men how to be saved.
I cannot even judge Billy Graham here,and his words will have to be judged by God alone.Only God our Father is JUDGE,and we cannot condemn any man or woman.
The Gospel declares that Jesus Christ died for all human beings,and that they should be given the opportunity to receive Him by faith,but they need to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins.The challenge for all human beings is to take the risk and follow Christ,in order to find out about His salvation.Unless people do such,they will die in their sins.

Great word, Pad. Persecution can separate the sheep from the goats...and it is on its way. Our nation is quickly falling into the state in which persecution will turn fatal. So-called 'believer's are at each other's throats, and only persecution can reveal 'the real church'.

No, it is not for us to judge others. Paul said that he didn't even judge himself. After all:'above all things, man's heart is deceitful, and desperately wicked. Who can know it?'(God alone.)

KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to help you along in cognito. YOu can bid on nuns habits on Ebay. There are also priests attire for sale. Check the sizes.
After you write your book "Nuns Like Me"....you could write a second book for those that always wonder about nuns sexuality and call your book .........."Become a nun and get none"
You could hang around a few of the Hallmark stores in disguise as a nun, to see who is working hard and who is not. Undercover BOSS!
Let me know how you make out.
ps ......where are you going to get commercial size rosary beads that the nuns have attached to their attire? I think they might be a COPO order. Central office Production order.
very helpful. Now we will both be under fire. Can a share your rations in the foxhole?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its engrained into them from childbirth. I was indoctrinated into catholicism. My parents spoke the same way, that if you weren't a christian you were not worthy of anything and it you were a protestant you were way down the line of righteousness below catholicism.
"My parents spoke the same way"""...and you are the way you are. You should be in Ohio to see the shock look on my face.

You know what normal people tell children???

"We are sinners and our sin separates us from God. But the great news is He sent His Son into this world to died on a cross for our sins that we may have eternal life. Do you want to receive Him by faith today"...or something along those lines. Show them what God really is....a loving Father.

**Again this is what normal folks say to children so from what you told me about your childhood, you ain't gonna get it.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck - the Pope had to make a special rule for JFK, so he could attend Protestant churches even if just for ceremonial or political purposes.

**Who cares..why does that bother you? Doesn't bother me.

**what does this have to do with our discussion?

**No they are and no they didn't.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder who is sick, a person that knows that oddjg is gone because he used that nick to cuss people out as a troll like you.
THE ONLY WAY THAT YOU COULD KNOW THAT HE WAS GONE IS IF YOU ARE oddjg.
I said some time ago that both of you wer just alike. both filthy mouth and now we can know. you busted yourself idiot.
You are a sick little man.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>What always draws me to Christ is the infinite love that brought Him to be tortured, spit on, humiliated, and finally crucified for those ,like me that didnt deserve it.Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism do not have that. Also where Muslims can say they have the word in the Quran Jesus is the Word.Jesus waited patiently for me to have my little intellectual journeys where thought I was so smart to know Buddhism or philosophy. When I was all done He took me in His arms and saved me.
~~~

==>The greatest pain that Jesus bore was when,...

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

==>the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. <==

Actors can attempt to portray the beatings, and most all the other sufferings that Jesus went through...

But there is no person existing (or ever will exist) that can portray,

what JESUS SUFFERED,.......

when God laid upon Him the iniquity of all man kind

from Adam to the Last soul that will be Born Again upon the earth

BEFORE GOD SHUTS THE DOOR ETERNALLY.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>with the fusssing that Karen and I done with each other, neitehr of us ever stooped as low as you are.
to call her a BXXXX as your troll nick oddjg did is reprehensible, and then to act like you are a christian towards anthony and others.
you busted yourself, no one else would know if someone was gone unless they are that person.
TOPIX KICKED YOU OFF SO THAT IS HOW YOU KNOW THAT he IS GONE.
You are one sick little man.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>very helpful. Now we will both be under fire. Can a share your rations in the foxhole?
SPEAKING OF foxholes...

JESUS THREW HIMSELF UPON THE GRENADE...

THAT SATAN HAS LOBED UPON MANKIND (in the garden of Eden) AND

ABSORBED ALL ....IN HIS OWN BODY (all our iniquity, sorrow pain and death)

THAT WE MIGHT HAVE

LIFE AND HAVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY....

________

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and

shall be satisfied:

by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many;

for he shall bear their iniquities.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

THE SPIRITUAL BATTLE WITHIN US
Unseen Warfare Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain
The Ladder of Ascent St Climacus
At first what seems like supertition, after one is familar with psychology, particularly Cognitive Psychology, will seem like as advanced psychology lesson.Not everyone is ready for this.Som will mock.But is is the most advanced psychology I have come across.(more advanced than Ellis, Beck, or Meichenbaum)
Herme good friend

I have read "The Ladder". It was during my more mystical walk with God. It is great practical and reference material....I should get my copy out again...,Thanks for reminding me.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
SPEAKING OF foxholes...
JESUS THREW HIMSELF UPON THE GRENADE...
THAT SATAN HAS LOBED UPON MANKIND (in the garden of Eden) AND
ABSORBED ALL ....IN HIS OWN BODY (all our iniquity, sorrow pain and death)
THAT WE MIGHT HAVE
LIFE AND HAVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY....
________
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and
shall be satisfied:
by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many;
for he shall bear their iniquities.
~~~

Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Joh 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
:o)
"Mary had a little lamb...."
ani lo medaberet ivrit
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>YOUR NEXT TO THE LAST SENTANCE AGREES WITH WHAT THE AUTHOR OF THAT SCENARIO ALSO SAID.
want you to know that.
And grahams interview with larry king, he says that God loves satan, do you beleive that?
KING: Does God love him?
GRAHAM: Does God what?
KING: Satan. Does he love Satan?
GRAHAM: Well, he created him as Lucifer. In the 22nd of Ezekiel, it tells us about it, and he must love him, but the end of Satan is hell. Hell was created for the devil and his angels, or his demons, not for men.
KING: How about abortion?
GRAHAM: Same thing.
KING: Against it totally?
GRAHAM: Yes. But I'm not getting involved in it.
KING: So you believe it's the taking of a life?
GRAHAM: Yes, I do.
KING: But to protect the life of a mother you would permit it, right? I think you said that.
GRAHAM: Oh, yes.
KING: Yeah.
GRAHAM: Of course.
You don't believe there are catholic priests or bishops who have made BONE HEAD comments?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are one sick little man.
Instead of posting back all upset, just push the IGNORE button.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 394,501 - 394,520 of511,526
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••