Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
394,501 - 394,520 of 533,746 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, when a person gets saved for all eternity by faith alone, in that instant there's nothing you or anyone else on earth can do or say to change his status. Regardless of your suspicion, you can't claim that it didn't take. If you add "good works SHOULD be a result", you are changing your position. Sorry.
According to YOU(no spam,please) what does it mean to get saved? You have been a catholic all your life. You should be able to answer some questions on your own, don't you think? What are you saved from. What does the 'bible' say takes place when a person is saved.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
Good grief, Anthony. When is the blood of Jesus applied to our hearts? When are we saved? When does the New birth occur? When does Jesus come into our hearts? When does the scripture say we HAVE eternal life? When are we 'sealed unto the day of redemption'? Shall I go on?
If you can't answer the questions just post a little lite bulb.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll promote Self, yet you refuse to acknowledge it?
Why?
I'm starting to think you are Gnostic.
<quoted text>
Citation please.
People are becoming Sumerian?
<quoted text>
Yep - keep working at dividing the followers.
You are sooo right-eous, why haven't I've seen this part of you before?
<quoted text>
Nah - that would be Self.
<quoted text>
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus
Why don't you believe Jesus?
<quoted text>
*hugs you*
I knew there would be others who claim to know the mind of "God".
How did you acquire this ability?
<quoted text>
...as well as Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, Agnostic and Gnostic.
Why do you continue to segregate people into little groups?
Christianity does divide.
Self.
NASL

You write, "Christianity does divide."

Answer:

In Christianity, Gal 3:28

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus.",

there is no division.

You live by worldly eyes, and so you see Christianity as exclusive, especially because you are Gnostic with your supremely secret knowledge....You live by exclusivity....

I leave Gnositcism to divide the spiritual world into male and female....And live by Manicheism....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
Well, the last 6 hours have been very stressful...
I just received a call from my sister-in-law that her and my nephew are home safe...
I want to thank everyone for their prayers...
Please remember all the other victims of this tragic shooting....so very sad!
Truth good friend

I just became aware of the tragedy....I will pray for all those involved....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

who="Michael"
....My sister a more devout catholic than you Anthony her 40 year old son was gay, he died 3 years ago. I knew gay/lesbian kids in highschool. I knew some men from work were gay. I am sure you know gay people. I am hetro-sexual but I have nothing against gay people. I am not a bigot, as you are. You know yourself your catholic clergy has more gays than the general population. Whats your point?
The catholic church is not going to stop pre-marital sex, or contraceptives, or divorce, or catholics in greater numbers not attending mantatory sunday mass. The catholic church has lost complete control and they themselves have not set very good MORAL and ETHICAL standards themselves as you know Anthony.
What others do in their bedrooms are none of our business. Maybe you and your wife live EXACTLY as the church tells you to live, but in the real world it doesn't happen that way.
When I see the most holy catholics such as the 1,000 and counting priest association, and 47,000 nuns spending their lives helping the poor and down trodden, those are more important issues than beating the drum of whose divorced? Who is using condoms?
Worry about yourself and everyone else will do just fine.

Churches have long been too 'polite' to deal with these subjects. Our silence has resulted in ignorance in our youth. The Bill Clinton fiasco in the White House resulted in the publicizing of oral sex. Most of our children never heard of it. It began to be recognized as 'safe sex', because you couldn't get pregnant. School kids have been exercising their new-found ? on school buses!

No one told them that they could get aids from that act.(Why did your friend die at only 40 years of age?) No one told them that oral and anal cancers are running wild as a result of that behavior.

The church (RCC or any other) that preaches against such behavior should be protected, not condemned. No one would declare that ''what one does in one's bedroom is no one's business'', if what they were doing was murder, or brutality, etc. Paul says that those practices are "dishonoring their bodies." (Rom. 1)

This is not a pleasant subject, but we must see to it that our youth know the consequences of such behavior.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
You write, "Christianity does divide."
Answer:
In Christianity, Gal 3:28
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus.",
there is no division.
You live by worldly eyes, and so you see Christianity as exclusive, especially because you are Gnostic with your supremely secret knowledge....You live by exclusivity....
I leave Gnositcism to divide the spiritual world into male and female....And live by Manicheism....
It is odd, in how you responded to my post, but minimized your responses.

Why?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme good friend
I went and dug out my copy, and spent the last couple of hours going into it, and just went over some of the last couple of Chapters....Its deep. I was very impressed with the relationship of vainglory and pride....
I was rather interested also in the point he made that the simple soul is subject to blasphemous demons, while the "complex" soul rejects immediately....
But a corollary of this is that the simple and innocent soul does not have great rewards from struggle, while the complex soul fighting demons strengthens the soul and has greater reward....
Very interesting.I either misased or had foprgotten that. I will have to reread it and break it down in terms of how it applies to me. Thanks

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
I think ignorance is the least of his problems.

You are quite right; ignorance is not a problem for him.

But you...that's a different story. Brighten up...

KayMarie
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.
Gotcha right where it counts Mike.
Sadly for you and your agenda, the Church has weathered storms far more impressive than anything you and your secular progressive friends can cobble together. In a generation or two, with no procreation by gay couples, contraceptive and abortion lovers you'll be a blip in history.
Now I'll return to ignoring your tripe.
Anthony says...

..In a generation or two, with no procreation by gay couples.

Michael says...If everyone followed what catholic priests and nuns do being celebate, procreation of mankind would have stopped centuries ago.

Its obvious I am your scape goat for everything in the world thats wrong.

You talk about your church being better off if it downsized or became smaller. The church did that back in the 16th century already when hundreds of millions of catholics marched out the front doors because of corruption, and sexual abuse by clergy.

Maybe your the problem. Maybe authorities should be dismantling your computer to see what you have been up to. You sure post a lot during work hours, for a guy who is suppose to be putting in 12 hours a day at work.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think the problems in today's society are the result of the Catholic Church's refusal to condone abortion, birth control and gay marriage.
It seems to me Mike that when one considers the long term effect of such a society, the Catholic Church is doing the correct thing for purposes of self preservation. If all your gay friends get married, all of your feminist friends use birth control and have a bunch of abortions, it will take maybe a generation or two for your crowd to die out. Keep pushing your agenda Mike, it helps the Church!!!
Anthony says....

...So you think the problems in today's society are the result of the Catholic Church's refusal to condone abortion, birth control and gay marriage.

Michael says...

...Maybe you should start right with the followers of your church. You don't think catholics are having abortions, using birth control, getting divorced, or that no catholics are gay?(lol)

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael"
Believing there is an invisible man somewhere?? up in the clouds above, all day long looking down smiling at his creation, needs a lot more than religion (lol)
An invisible man creates 10 rules that you must follow. If you don't follow even one of these rules and say you are sorry, the the inivisble man after you die will send your soul to a fire pit of heat and flames, torture, more heat, pain and suffering..........but this invisible man loves you!
UNBELIEVABLE!
There IS a God that you cannot see, because our vision cannot manage it.
Your physical eyes can only see about 3 % of the available light.
What is so bad about creating people who are capable of living/doing good, then judging them by whether they can/will do what they are designated to do. If they are wicked (I don't mean accidentally run a traffic light), what would be wrong about keeping them out of heaven.
He has given US the choice. I can't think of one more wicked that the one who would reject that choice. Do you want to spend eternity with Hitler...and a few others I could mention? I don't.
KayMarie
Everybody read this from KayMarie.

...There IS a God that you cannot see, because our vision cannot manage it.

MICHAEL says....

...How can you make this stuff up so fast?(lol)

I have 20/20 eyesight and I can see 100% of the available light and I haven't seen God yet.

I think you need a time-out KayMarie. lol!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It is odd, in how you responded to my post, but minimized your responses.
Why?
NASL

I thought all was clear....

There may not be much time left for you. So I need to keep it quick for your sake. Your mind may be occupied on other things....

Oh, I am concerned for you. We are getting close to the end of 12/21/12, and I hope you aren't the guy in N.M who is going to jump off some huge cliff, and expect the Universe to catch him.(But he said he wanted money, so I doubt he will.)

But don't worry anyway. I am looking forward to Christmas....And you should be as well. We don't go by the Mayan calendar...lol.

I don't remember the name of one of the Mayan prophets for New Agers, but if the world does not come to an end, doesn't that make his "enlightenment" a bit suspect?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael"
....My sister a more devout catholic than you Anthony her 40 year old son was gay, he died 3 years ago. I knew gay/lesbian kids in highschool. I knew some men from work were gay. I am sure you know gay people. I am hetro-sexual but I have nothing against gay people. I am not a bigot, as you are. You know yourself your catholic clergy has more gays than the general population. Whats your point?
The catholic church is not going to stop pre-marital sex, or contraceptives, or divorce, or catholics in greater numbers not attending mantatory sunday mass. The catholic church has lost complete control and they themselves have not set very good MORAL and ETHICAL standards themselves as you know Anthony.
What others do in their bedrooms are none of our business. Maybe you and your wife live EXACTLY as the church tells you to live, but in the real world it doesn't happen that way.
When I see the most holy catholics such as the 1,000 and counting priest association, and 47,000 nuns spending their lives helping the poor and down trodden, those are more important issues than beating the drum of whose divorced? Who is using condoms?
Worry about yourself and everyone else will do just fine.
Churches have long been too 'polite' to deal with these subjects. Our silence has resulted in ignorance in our youth. The Bill Clinton fiasco in the White House resulted in the publicizing of oral sex. Most of our children never heard of it. It began to be recognized as 'safe sex', because you couldn't get pregnant. School kids have been exercising their new-found ? on school buses!
No one told them that they could get aids from that act.(Why did your friend die at only 40 years of age?) No one told them that oral and anal cancers are running wild as a result of that behavior.
The church (RCC or any other) that preaches against such behavior should be protected, not condemned. No one would declare that ''what one does in one's bedroom is no one's business'', if what they were doing was murder, or brutality, etc. Paul says that those practices are "dishonoring their bodies." (Rom. 1)
This is not a pleasant subject, but we must see to it that our youth know the consequences of such behavior.
KayMarie
KayMarie says...

...Churches have long been too 'polite' to deal with these subjects.

Michael says.....

...Then its the churches fault.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting.I either misased or had foprgotten that. I will have to reread it and break it down in terms of how it applies to me. Thanks
Herme good friend

Thank you....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
I thought all was clear....
There may not be much time left for you. So I need to keep it quick for your sake. Your mind may be occupied on other things....
Oh, I am concerned for you. We are getting close to the end of 12/21/12, and I hope you aren't the guy in N.M who is going to jump off some huge cliff, and expect the Universe to catch him.(But he said he wanted money, so I doubt he will.)
But don't worry anyway. I am looking forward to Christmas....And you should be as well. We don't go by the Mayan calendar...lol.
I don't remember the name of one of the Mayan prophets for New Agers, but if the world does not come to an end, doesn't that make his "enlightenment" a bit suspect?
Robert.....

....Are you not celebrating "HAPPY FESTIVUS" on December 23rd?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

...Bummer!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think the problems in today's society are the result of the Catholic Church's refusal to condone abortion, birth control and gay marriage.
It seems to me Mike that when one considers the long term effect of such a society, the Catholic Church is doing the correct thing for purposes of self preservation. If all your gay friends get married, all of your feminist friends use birth control and have a bunch of abortions, it will take maybe a generation or two for your crowd to die out. Keep pushing your agenda Mike, it helps the Church!!!
This is what your church is up to Anthony.

http://ncronline.org/blogs/grace-margins/roma...

Its going to downsize again! and become a SECT. Good idea.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>TODA LECHA . BTW, how do you think that he knew that oddjg was gone, unless he is a troll?
When are you going to come out of the closet and tells us your real identity?

One day you call yourself Preston the next day a "Larry King" Look-alike calling himself ATEMCOWBOY.

Who are you??
towncrier

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody read this from KayMarie.
...There IS a God that you cannot see, because our vision cannot manage it.
MICHAEL says....
...How can you make this stuff up so fast?(lol)
I have 20/20 eyesight and I can see 100% of the available light and I haven't seen God yet.
I think you need a time-out KayMarie. lol!
You can't see the air you breathe either. Does that mean there isn't any oxygen? I can't see oxygen so it must not exist.

The atheist argument that you just because you can't see God means He isn't there is a weak one. Lame, lame lame!
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The key word is 'result', and that has always been my position. Sorry, back at ya.
So, you mean they actually have to perform good in works in order for you to consider them saved?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way in your belief system. You say salvation is instantaneous the nanosecond you accept Christ by faith alone. How can anything be measured by you or other baptists AFTER the fact? It's a done deal, nothing they do or don't do can take it away.....

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

towncrier wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't see the air you breathe either. Does that mean there isn't any oxygen? I can't see oxygen so it must not exist.
The atheist argument that you just because you can't see God means He isn't there is a weak one. Lame, lame lame!
That is a 5th grade argument. Bring it up a couple of notches, would you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 8 hr Barbarian 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Scales Off 8,199
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) 19 hr Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Thu fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••