Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,264
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409501 Dec 14, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, is your use of another language out to impress me?
It hasn't. In fact, it only seems to hinder our discussion.
Now about that post that was directed to you?
Are you working up the honesty to reply in kind?
Probably not, huh?
Why? You don't like being honest?
hard to please, arent YOU?

you spoke of a scientific mind, and now you denigrate me because I know a little about other languages.
and I knew a little about reading a ekg, DO YOU?

I gave the intials so anyone could have googled them concerning ekg's and found out that they were.

perhaps you might want to look at my nick again, it might clue you in on something.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409502 Dec 14, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a Topix board. Obviously, you don't agree with his points.
As petty insults your only retort, he must be presenting an uncomfortable truth.
Truth about what??
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409503 Dec 14, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
He cannot argue against your facts, so his only recourse is to attack you. It's a troll thing.
What are the facts that I can't argue against?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409504 Dec 14, 2012
Well, the last 6 hours have been very stressful...

I just received a call from my sister-in-law that her and my nephew are home safe...

I want to thank everyone for their prayers...

Please remember all the other victims of this tragic shooting....so very sad!
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#409505 Dec 14, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"YOU HAVE HY JACKED THIS FORUM AND TURNED IT INTO A TABLOID GOSSIP FORUM
POSTING SUBJECTS THAT HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THE REAL TOPIC..."
People in glass houses....
help him out, will you anthony?

it is spelled hijacked, not hy jacked.lol

guess that Ananias never learned how to spell, while cleaning out those classrooms in that Bible college that he "attended"

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#409506 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hard to please, arent YOU?
you spoke of a scientific mind, and now you denigrate me because I know a little about other languages.
and I knew a little about reading a ekg, DO YOU?
I gave the intials so anyone could have googled them concerning ekg's and found out that they were.
perhaps you might want to look at my nick again, it might clue you in on something.
Still not wanting to be honest.

No problem, you fit well with others of that same culture.

Albuquerque, NM

#409507 Dec 14, 2012
Truth wrote:
Well, the last 6 hours have been very stressful...
I just received a call from my sister-in-law that her and my nephew are home safe...
I want to thank everyone for their prayers...
Please remember all the other victims of this tragic shooting....so very sad!
I wonder what happened to all those prayers by those parents who were praying for their child to be safe.

Albuquerque, NM

#409508 Dec 14, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hard to please, arent YOU?
Actually, no I am not.

But I've just proven a fact about you - you have a hard time with being honest with yourself and others.

Albuquerque, NM

#409509 Dec 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
ITS LIKE THE CEILING...It's over your head..RIGHT?
Sorry, but you are incorrect, yet again.

Are you ever right about another person, or do you enjoy just amking up things about others.

Probably just to try and make yourself look good or better than another.

Self.

But you don't believe this, because this is well over your intelligence to comprehend.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409510 Dec 14, 2012
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" Sorry your family has to go through this ordeal. They will have my and Seraphima's prayers.

Same here, truth. So sad that there is so much pain. Many of today's youth were not taught the discipline that we knew in church, or at home. They lack the holy respect for other humans, seeing them as God's creation. When they are hurt with broken families, or other disappointments, they can't see beyond their own pain.

I was raised in a coal mining town. If men died in the mines, the whole of those left, would risk their own lives to bring out their dead bodies, and give them an honorable burial.

KayMarie
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409511 Dec 14, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth about what??
Confusing faith with fact.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409512 Dec 14, 2012
who="atemcowboy" help him out, will you anthony?
it is spelled hijacked, not hy jacked.lol
guess that Ananias never learned how to spell, while cleaning out those classrooms in that Bible college that he "attended"

You don't have any room for dissing someone over their spelling.
KM
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409513 Dec 14, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think the problems in today's society are the result of the Catholic Church's refusal to condone abortion, birth control and gay marriage.
It seems to me Mike that when one considers the long term effect of such a society, the Catholic Church is doing the correct thing for purposes of self preservation. If all your gay friends get married, all of your feminist friends use birth control and have a bunch of abortions, it will take maybe a generation or two for your crowd to die out. Keep pushing your agenda Mike, it helps the Church!!!
....My sister a more devout catholic than you Anthony her 40 year old son was gay, he died 3 years ago. I knew gay/lesbian kids in highschool. I knew some men from work were gay. I am sure you know gay people. I am hetro-sexual but I have nothing against gay people. I am not a bigot, as you are. You know yourself your catholic clergy has more gays than the general population. Whats your point?

The catholic church is not going to stop pre-marital sex, or contraceptives, or divorce, or catholics in greater numbers not attending mantatory sunday mass. The catholic church has lost complete control and they themselves have not set very good MORAL and ETHICAL standards themselves as you know Anthony.

What others do in their bedrooms are none of our business. Maybe you and your wife live EXACTLY as the church tells you to live, but in the real world it doesn't happen that way.

When I see the most holy catholics such as the 1,000 and counting priest association, and 47,000 nuns spending their lives helping the poor and down trodden, those are more important issues than beating the drum of whose divorced? Who is using condoms?

Worry about yourself and everyone else will do just fine.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409514 Dec 14, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Confusing faith with fact.
All the facts are about the catholic church...ok fine I agree but I'm not catholic so I really don't care. GEEZZZZ

kEEP UM COMING...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409515 Dec 14, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
He cannot argue against your facts, so his only recourse is to attack you. It's a troll thing.
I try to be nice to him, and this is how he treats me.

No more Mr. Niceguy!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409516 Dec 14, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what happened to all those prayers by those parents who were praying for their child to be safe.
And, I wonder why you don't use your brain before you speak....

I have, ABSOLUTELY, nothing to say to you....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409517 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....My sister a more devout catholic than you Anthony her 40 year old son was gay, he died 3 years ago. I knew gay/lesbian kids in highschool. I knew some men from work were gay. I am sure you know gay people. I am hetro-sexual but I have nothing against gay people. I am not a bigot, as you are. You know yourself your catholic clergy has more gays than the general population. Whats your point?
The catholic church is not going to stop pre-marital sex, or contraceptives, or divorce, or catholics in greater numbers not attending mantatory sunday mass. The catholic church has lost complete control and they themselves have not set very good MORAL and ETHICAL standards themselves as you know Anthony.
What others do in their bedrooms are none of our business. Maybe you and your wife live EXACTLY as the church tells you to live, but in the real world it doesn't happen that way.
When I see the most holy catholics such as the 1,000 and counting priest association, and 47,000 nuns spending their lives helping the poor and down trodden, those are more important issues than beating the drum of whose divorced? Who is using condoms?
Worry about yourself and everyone else will do just fine.
lol.

Gotcha right where it counts Mike.

Sadly for you and your agenda, the Church has weathered storms far more impressive than anything you and your secular progressive friends can cobble together. In a generation or two, with no procreation by gay couples, contraceptive and abortion lovers you'll be a blip in history.

Now I'll return to ignoring your tripe.

Albuquerque, NM

#409518 Dec 14, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, I wonder why you don't use your brain before you speak....
I have, ABSOLUTELY, nothing to say to you....
Thanks - I'm looking forward to your silence.

Why do you follow and believe men?

BTW - With your "self-righteous" attitude announcing that your prayers were answered while others were not, shows the kind of person you really are.

Your sanctimonious praise is complete bullshite and you are too blind to see it.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#409519 Dec 14, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the facts that I can't argue against?
Argue? You can argue any issue, you just cannot do it intelligently. You are a troll.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#409520 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to be nice to him, and this is how he treats me.
No more Mr. Niceguy!
I see That!:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 6 hr swedenforever 83,960
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Cultastic 9,038
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 11 hr swedenforever 37
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Sat YaWay 173
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
More from around the web