Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695772 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#409675 Dec 15, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
About what?
You've still yet to answer, "Where does 'God' say that Gnosticism is heresy?"
So, no I am not clear on where "God" says this.
You think you are clear on it, but somehow, don't want to post the information for others to use.
Why not just post the specific "God's statement"?
<quoted text>
Are you psychic? Because you speculate that I am going to die.
Good news for all - nope, not yet.
*knocks on wood*
Then again, no one, not even you, know when that day will come, huh?
But is it fun to speculate about others.
:o)
<quoted text>
Don't be.
You have no connection to me, except through this forum. You are projecting.
What can you do for me anyhow?
*smiles*
This will be interesting.
<quoted text>
Nah - that's not me. I hope I didn't disappoint you.
1. I'm not as foolish as you implicate.
2. I have a family that i love and they love me, so I wouldn't do such things without some sort of training in parachuting or hand gliding. So you can now end any speculation on that issue, or one that you've seemed to have preconceived about me.
<quoted text>
I don't worry.
Worrying are for those who are scared of what is to come of them.
If you haven't done anything wrong, then there is no need to worry.
Live in the moment, you'll see life as you never have.
Accept and realize the moment you are currently in, for all others are just "gimmees".
<quoted text>
Oh - I love Christmas, thanks for thinking I don't.
You sure do have alot of preconceived notions about me. I'll bet most if all are wrong.
I also don't go by the Mayan calendar, as I am not of that age.
I'm wondering if you even know anything about who put the calendar together, what it represents, or why the calendar came into the Mayan world. Do you know any of these?
I can truthfully state that I do. You will learn something you didn't.
<quoted text>
"According to 13th Generation Maya Priest, Grandfather Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj, the calendars were originally given to the Maya peoples by the 4 Original Prophets from the Stars. They are very confident of the celestial origins of their sacred time science."
http://www.13moon.com/prophecy%20page.htm
"but if the world does not come to an end, doesn't that make his "enlightenment" a bit suspect?"
- it isn't the end of the world. I'm sorry to disappoint you and the destruction you had hoped for.
- People like you who "pray" to have these apocalyptic stories come to fruition are why people are violent. It's fear. You don't have to be afraid. Believe in Jesus, right? Yet you don't.
- I guess one could also say that the "Jesus is coming back" story would fall into the same category, huh? But you refuse to see it this way, because there hasn't been a stated time to when your belief's story is supposed to occur. Looks like you are safe.
Just so I do leave you with some information, maybe this one will help you better understand 12-21-12:
http://2012rising.com/article/the-galactic-al...
You should learn about the myths you love and fear.
NASL

I am not going to get into another long religous discussion concerning Gnosticism....I think I showed it is not part of the Bible already. And you pretty much agree....Just too many of the 10 Commandments broken for starters....

Instead I would rather keep our discussions lite.

Well, I am glad you aren't going to do anything foolish for 12/21/12! And it seems from the article the Mayan chief priest is saying it could be another 4 more years, and maybe won't show up for another 5,000+ years....Phewy....What a relief!

I am in agreement with you on fear generated apocolyptic(end of the worlders) scenarios....They are silly, and fear minded. It appeals to some....

But I am in sympathy with him/you on the ecological destruction that has/is( and I think will be) taking place....Technology and greed have outpaced critical thinking regarding morality, and the good of the individual and planet....
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#409676 Dec 15, 2012
Right or wrong?

A recent Alabama law makes it illegal for a Catholic priest to baptize, hear the confession of, celebrate the anointing of the sick with, or preach the word of God to, an undocumented immigrant. Nor can anyone legally encourage them to attend Mass or give them a ride to Mass.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#409677 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>THE ONE ON YOUR LEFT HELPED. huh?
WHAT IT MEANS IS THAT YOU CAN SIN LIKE THE DEVIL ALL WEEK AND WEAR YOUR BEST CLOTHES ON SUNDAY.
not really, some on here will tell you that it is a repenting way, others like 4bdn will do what they want, say what they will and then jump on you and anthony because you arent Saved according to what they think that you should be Saved from.
and then you have people like marge and LTM who dont know what they believe because it changes constantly.
and with gif and his wife, unless you follow benny hen, you are not a christian
Too much of a selection menu for me . need a simple Happy Meal.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#409678 Dec 15, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Kay, but you can't keep your words hidden, you can't sweep them under the rug and hope everyone forgets. You made a snide post questioning the popes intelligence for no other reason than to ridicule him, when in fact, you were mistaken about what the bible actually says while he was correct all along. When confronted with your error you and your husband fought tooth and nail to justify it.
So, here we go again. Your newest cheap shot is to say the pope thinks himself equal to God. When has he said that? Explain to me where you or your ignorant husband has the authority to declare what conficts with "Christianity"? Gve me ANY evidence that the Church teaches she comes first before God.
It saddens me to see a 79 year old woman, someone who at this stage in her life who should be dignified and above the fray of lies and distortions and digging in the gutter, would act the way you do. As I said before, my saintly mother had she not died so young would be about your age. It is impossible to imagine that she would behave the way you are. I'm ashamed for you.
~~~

SO you continue your modern day inquisition...

Are these the same tactics that your Church used in the 650 years of inquisition...

If you continue you inquisition we will just ignore your post as if you don't exist. You have no power over us...

All you are doing at present is attempting to harass...MY WIFE AND I

creating a PUBLIC .RELATION. diversion to move those here in the forum

away from the current global scandal in your church ...That is what you

should be ashamed for...

A scandal that is beyond anyone's ability to cover up.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#409679 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think that regie is a idiot.
you fell in the toilet and cant dig your way out.
ONLY A PERSON THAT WAS TROLING HIM WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT HE WAS GONE. ONLY YOU.
you are the {idiot }for making that statement that clearly indicts you.
NO ONE ELSE EVEN KNEW THAT HE WAS GONE, THANKS FOR TELLING US. AND DID TOPIX KICK YOU OFF?
The only thing that always amazes me is how an idiot like you can always find a bigger idiot to follow them.LOL amazing
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#409680 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>But LTM thinks that we should forget how he talked to JOHN when he was sick.
I wont as I tried to stop his filthy mouth, and only karen and I tried to stop him. LTM, marge et al kept quiet
Well, of course they did, they always do. When Oldwhiskeyjug told me the only reason I go to confession is so I can get bent over a pew by the priest, Karen was the only Protestant who spoke up. The rest of them were as quiet as mice. You see, if the filth is directed toward a Catholic, it's okay, even encouraged. I know that not all Protestants are like this bunch, and the witness of you and Karen affirm that.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#409681 Dec 15, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Once Saves Always Saved. t really is helpful if once in a while we get the wind taken out of our sails and realize how more we need to learn
Oh! You just figured out what the letters meant. That is disapointing. I thought you had figured out what the phrase meant. Oh, well, one step at a time.
BTW, I have got to stop talking to myself now that Percy and Reggie have figured out that I am really You. LOL
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#409682 Dec 15, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt more education would equal less religion. I don't think its a sudden theological epiphany once you get your masters degree.
Whereas, the poor and down trodden reach out to God much more than the ceo up in Vermont.
Education itself has nothing to do with belief in God. There are When people become successful - often as a result of a hard earned college degree - they do not have any room for God anymore.
many many people with high IQs who believe.
Let's see.

Should we put stock in findings based on 350,000 interviews by Gallup researchers?

Or should we believe the rationalization of a Topix poster who isn't comfortable with Gallup's findings?

Ummm? Again, does more Education lead to Less Religion?

"According to a new working paper by Daniel M. Hungerman, an economist at Notre Dame who studies religion, the answer is yes."

http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/04/25/does-m...

Hello???? Reality knocking, is anyone there????
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#409683 Dec 15, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing that always amazes me is how an idiot like you can always find a bigger idiot to follow them.LOL amazing
Thanks, I love being proven right!

Come on, let's hear more Christian preaching from that golden mouth of yours!
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#409684 Dec 15, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, of course they did, they always do. When Oldwhiskeyjug told me the only reason I go to confession is so I can get bent over a pew by the priest, Karen was the only Protestant who spoke up. The rest of them were as quiet as mice. You see, if the filth is directed toward a Catholic, it's okay, even encouraged. I know that not all Protestants are like this bunch, and the witness of you and Karen affirm that.
STOP the 3rd grade whining Regina.

Did you ever stand up for others, including a fellow Catholic Mom, when your boy John NJ was cursing and berating her and others?

No!

You rejoiced when he called Michael's deceased mother names.

Such hypocrisy -- an old bird like yourself should know better.
Live Action

Union City, OK

#409685 Dec 15, 2012
The shooting Yesterday is further proof that Yahweh took his hands off this world for us to destroy our self's by sin.their are no miracles only those done by satan evil spirits and demons.

God worship must be destroyed.he warns you not to worship god and or gods why can you not see that man changed his name please prove this wrong but you can not.so you are brainwashed.by the beast and the evil beastly system.you can not think on your own.
Only a few are called and chosen and this is so true because you must be called to even understand the name.Yahweh is not a god.......and if you support war you are guilty of the murder of women and children if you support this so called only true church that is a lie.....you are guilty of the churches crimes.and this is a fact.

And if Yahshua died on the cross or so called cross you are guilty of his murder.

And don't say I'm satan like some have don't say I'm evil as some have said just because I am trying to deprogram you brainwashed sheeple.

Now I would like to say may Yahshua bless all those children and he did by taking them from this evil ass world.and they shall see the kingdom and we will not.why because of our sin.

their is no easy way to salvation you work for it.you study you reverence your heavenly father Yahweh but the bottom line is you do not.

The roman catholick church is the beast and has deceived the world.by twisting the scripture just like every preacher their has ever been.making it easy....easy will not get you to heaven or the kingdom but the laws will......

All I see are sinful pagans everywhere.deck the halls with paganism.
LTM

Stoney Creek, Canada

#409686 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>But LTM thinks that we should forget how he talked to JOHN when he was sick.
I wont as I tried to stop his filthy mouth, and only karen and I tried to stop him. LTM, marge et al kept quiet
I just think you should stop using the name of a man who has passed on as an excuse to argue a point.
YOU ARE A MERCILESS WONDER . MUST BE RIGHT AT ALL COST.
I GUESS YOU ARE SO PERFECT THAT YOU CAN POINT OUT EVERYONE ELSES BAD POINTS EVEN IF THEY ARE FROM YEARS AGO.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#409687 Dec 15, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
When people become successful - often as a result of a hard earned college degree - they do not have any room for God anymore.
I seriously doubt more education would equal less religion. I don't think its a sudden theological epiphany once you get your masters degree.
Whereas, the poor and down trodden reach out to God much more than the ceo up in Vermont.
Education itself has nothing to do with belief in God. There are many many people with high IQs who believe.
Educated people often question and investigate that which they are told. Yes, some very intelligent people do believe; we should ask them why they believe.

Indoctrination?

Recovering addict?

How many of them decided to believe after the age of 18, without having been indoctrinated or being an addict?

How many of them decided to believe after the age of 21, without having been indoctrinated or being an addict?

How many of them decided to believe after the age of 30, without having been indoctrinated or being an addict?

Why are people from other parts of the world, completely ignorant to your god? Is the holy spirit limited on where it can visit?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#409688 Dec 15, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever stand up for others, including a fellow Catholic Mom, when your boy John NJ was cursing and berating her and others?
No!
And thank YOU for proving me right once again. If it's directed toward a Catholic, you're all for it. That's why your posts are so seldom read. Hypocrite.

I stand up for a lot of people who are being unjustly attacked. As I recall, it was "Catholic" Mom who jumped down John's throat. She said several things that indicated she wasn't Catholic at all, we all knew it. Funny how she disappeared shortly after she was caught. But by all means, continue to act like she was an innocent victim, we enjoy the laugh!

Btw, I'm younger than you are, you old geezer.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#409689 Dec 15, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
No!
And another thing....our memories aren't as short as you'd like them to be re who attacked who mercilessly for months. Get lost, old boozer.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#409690 Dec 15, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was wondering the same thing. They do have the same filthy pig mouth. Oh, excuse me, I forgot....he's saved! So he can be as filthy as he wants. ;)
Peanut your Sabbatical didn't do you much good. You will need resume asking your Priest to forgive you through Mary in accordance with the Pope by apostle succesion. Sunday morning won't come non to soon for you !!!!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#409691 Dec 15, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Oh! You just figured out what the letters meant. That is disapointing. I thought you had figured out what the phrase meant. Oh, well, one step at a time.
BTW, I have got to stop talking to myself now that Percy and Reggie have figured out that I am really You. LOL
You couldn't possibly be Herme, he doesn't have a filthy mouth.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#409692 Dec 15, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Peanut your Sabbatical didn't do you much good. You will need resume asking your Priest to forgive you through Mary in accordance with the Pope by apostle succesion. Sunday morning won't come non to soon for you !!!!
Not a thing wrong with telling someone who has a filthy mouth that they have a filthy mouth. Too bad Little Ellen White didn't clarify that for you. You're another hypocrite who attacked John mercilessly, we all remember it clearly. And learn how to speak English, for heaven's sake!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#409693 Dec 15, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see.
Should we put stock in findings based on 350,000 interviews by Gallup researchers?
Or should we believe the rationalization of a Topix poster who isn't comfortable with Gallup's findings?
Ummm? Again, does more Education lead to Less Religion?
"According to a new working paper by Daniel M. Hungerman, an economist at Notre Dame who studies religion, the answer is yes."
http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/04/25/does-m...
Hello???? Reality knocking, is anyone there????
I don't care who or what you believe in or why?

I find Ideologues boring. Sorry man..
LTM

Stoney Creek, Canada

#409694 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think that regie is a idiot.
you fell in the toilet and cant dig your way out.
ONLY A PERSON THAT WAS TROLING HIM WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT HE WAS GONE. ONLY YOU.
you are the {idiot }for making that statement that clearly indicts you.
NO ONE ELSE EVEN KNEW THAT HE WAS GONE, THANKS FOR TELLING US. AND DID TOPIX KICK YOU OFF?
Oh come on preston, are you going keep repeating this over and over just like you do everything else.
Falling in a toilet is one thing but when a persons jumps in and takes up residents there like you do just to see what kind of dirty they can find on someone is something else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Sylvia 10,733
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan '18 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web