Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,559
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#409430 Dec 14, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
THE SPIRITUAL BATTLE WITHIN US
Unseen Warfare Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain
The Ladder of Ascent St Climacus
At first what seems like supertition, after one is familar with psychology, particularly Cognitive Psychology, will seem like as advanced psychology lesson.Not everyone is ready for this.Som will mock.But is is the most advanced psychology I have come across.(more advanced than Ellis, Beck, or Meichenbaum)
Herme good friend

I have read "The Ladder". It was during my more mystical walk with God. It is great practical and reference material....I should get my copy out again...,Thanks for reminding me.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409431 Dec 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
SPEAKING OF foxholes...
JESUS THREW HIMSELF UPON THE GRENADE...
THAT SATAN HAS LOBED UPON MANKIND (in the garden of Eden) AND
ABSORBED ALL ....IN HIS OWN BODY (all our iniquity, sorrow pain and death)
THAT WE MIGHT HAVE
LIFE AND HAVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY....
________
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and
shall be satisfied:
by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many;
for he shall bear their iniquities.
~~~

Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Joh 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
preston

Waverly, OH

#409432 Dec 14, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
:o)
"Mary had a little lamb...."
ani lo medaberet ivrit
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409433 Dec 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>YOUR NEXT TO THE LAST SENTANCE AGREES WITH WHAT THE AUTHOR OF THAT SCENARIO ALSO SAID.
want you to know that.
And grahams interview with larry king, he says that God loves satan, do you beleive that?
KING: Does God love him?
GRAHAM: Does God what?
KING: Satan. Does he love Satan?
GRAHAM: Well, he created him as Lucifer. In the 22nd of Ezekiel, it tells us about it, and he must love him, but the end of Satan is hell. Hell was created for the devil and his angels, or his demons, not for men.
KING: How about abortion?
GRAHAM: Same thing.
KING: Against it totally?
GRAHAM: Yes. But I'm not getting involved in it.
KING: So you believe it's the taking of a life?
GRAHAM: Yes, I do.
KING: But to protect the life of a mother you would permit it, right? I think you said that.
GRAHAM: Oh, yes.
KING: Yeah.
GRAHAM: Of course.
You don't believe there are catholic priests or bishops who have made BONE HEAD comments?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409434 Dec 14, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are one sick little man.
Instead of posting back all upset, just push the IGNORE button.
ltm

Sudbury, Canada

#409435 Dec 14, 2012
Bible Verse of The Day

But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

James 5:12 (KJV)

www.Christ.com
preston

Waverly, OH

#409436 Dec 14, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are one sick little man.
I do believe that the person that called karen is a sicko, so how did you KNOW that oddjg was gone from this forum,

unless it was you trolling as him.

and I am going to keep asking, I dont work any more so I can aask you every time that you are on here. makes no diffference to me.

so how did you know?

BTW.at lo mecira oti
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409437 Dec 14, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I too was raised in the catholic church. Never ever heard such a thing. You think maybe you are all just nutjobs?....just a thought
When I use to go to church I use to watch the devout catholics all look down their long noses at those that came at only christmas and easter. The self righteous.(lol)

Just read some of the posts on here by the catholics. They are way up here and everyone else is way down there.

When the bishops of america state that only 1 in every 4 catholics today attends mandatory sunday mass weekly, its obvious the catholic church is in deep do do.

Imagine a large corporation like the FORD MOTOR COMPANY and only 25% of the workers came to work when required?

People wonder why organized religion in the west is on the fast slide.

Most people don't give a shite anymore. I can't blame them. Right?.......right on!

UNBELIEVABLE!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409438 Dec 14, 2012
Friday, December 14, 2012
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"They go from strength to strength."—Psalm 84:7.
HEY go from strength to strength. There are various renderings of these words, but all of them contain the idea of progress.
Our own good translation of the authorized version is enough for us this morning. "They go from strength to strength." That is, they grow stronger and stronger. Usually, if we are walking, we go from strength to weakness; we start fresh and in good order for our journey, but by-and-by the road is rough, and the sun is hot, we sit down by the wayside, and then again painfully pursue our weary way. But the Christian pilgrim having obtained fresh supplies of grace, is as vigorous after years of toilsome travel and struggle as when he first set out. He may not be quite so elate and buoyant, nor perhaps quite so hot and hasty in his zeal as he once was, but he is much stronger in all that constitutes real power, and travels, if more slowly, far more surely. Some gray-haired veterans have been as firm in their grasp of truth, and as zealous in diffusing it, as they were in their younger days; but, alas, it must be confessed it is often otherwise, for the love of many waxes cold and iniquity abounds, but this is their own sin and not the fault of the promise which still holds good: "The youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint." Fretful spirits sit down and trouble themselves about the future. "Alas!" say they, "we go from affliction to affliction." Very true, O thou of little faith, but then thou goest from strength to strength also. Thou shalt never find a bundle of affliction which has not bound up in the midst of it sufficient grace. God will give the strength of ripe manhood with the burden allotted to full-grown shoulders.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#409439 Dec 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>YOUR NEXT TO THE LAST SENTANCE AGREES WITH WHAT THE AUTHOR OF THAT SCENARIO ALSO SAID.
want you to know that.
And grahams interview with larry king, he says that God loves satan, do you beleive that?
KING: Does God love him?
GRAHAM: Does God what?
KING: Satan. Does he love Satan?
GRAHAM: Well, he created him as Lucifer. In the 22nd of Ezekiel, it tells us about it, and he must love him, but the end of Satan is hell. Hell was created for the devil and his angels, or his demons, not for men.
KING: How about abortion?
GRAHAM: Same thing.
KING: Against it totally?
GRAHAM: Yes. But I'm not getting involved in it.
KING: So you believe it's the taking of a life?
GRAHAM: Yes, I do.
KING: But to protect the life of a mother you would permit it, right? I think you said that.
GRAHAM: Oh, yes.
KING: Yeah.
GRAHAM: Of course.
God loves all that He created,remember,"He created .........and saw that it was good." He created Lucifer,the Top Angel of praise and worship,Lucifer's body was like instruments. Lucifer made the choice to rebel,and in doing so he committed the greatest sin against his Creator,the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.There is no salvation for Satan and his fallen angels(demons).So Graham is not wrong for saying what he did to Larry King.Besides are we to read into the emotions of God anyway? He creates,but He also allows destruction to come to what He created.
preston

Waverly, OH

#409440 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of posting back all upset, just push the IGNORE button.
TODA LECHA . BTW, how do you think that he knew that oddjg was gone, unless he is a troll?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409441 Dec 14, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When I went to catechism class, there was no salvation for Protestants.
**Who cares..why does that bother you? Doesn't bother me.
Heck - the Pope had to make a special rule for JFK, so he could attend Protestant churches even if just for ceremonial or political purposes.
**what does this have to do with our discussion?
Yep, not so long ago, Prots were next to the devil and the Jews killed Jesus.
**No they are and no they didn't.
Chuckie says...

...Yep, not so long ago, Prots were next to the devil and the Jews killed Jesus.

Michael says.....I guess you Chuck picked by God himself because you are so special, being born by "CHANCE ONLY" into the one true religion gives you an eternal salvation free card and to hell with everyone else.

Imagine if by CHANCE you were born into a loving Muslim family, you would be on here bragging about ALLAH and saying Jesus was just a prophet.

YOu wonder why so many EDUCATED people today are bailing out of catholicism.(lol)

With so many catholic churches in america downsizing, closing, and amalgamating because "few people go anymore" The catholic church should contact BELL TELEPHONE company and snag up some of those corner telephone booths that are fast disappearing because it won't be long that is all you will need in a parish for the few remaining right wing, apologist, catholics that will be left.(lol)

I love my job posting here!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409442 Dec 14, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>God loves all that He created,remember,"He created .........and saw that it was good." He created Lucifer,the Top Angel of praise and worship,Lucifer's body was like instruments. Lucifer made the choice to rebel,and in doing so he committed the greatest sin against his Creator,the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.There is no salvation for Satan and his fallen angels(demons).So Graham is not wrong for saying what he did to Larry King.Besides are we to read into the emotions of God anyway? He creates,but He also allows destruction to come to what He created.
I agree Pad, Everything God created was made perfect, and made with love.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409443 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Just read some of the posts on here by the catholics. They are way up here and everyone else is way down there.
If that is the case it doesn't really bother me like it does you. Of course I don't have low self-esteem.

I mean really...who spends 3/4 of their day on a forum telling folks God isn't real.

**Did you know one of the characteristics of low self-esteem is lack of social skills.....hmmmmmm
preston

Waverly, OH

#409444 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe there are catholic priests or bishops who have made BONE HEAD comments?
slicha.ani lo mevin
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409445 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckie says...
...Yep, not so long ago, Prots were next to the devil and the Jews killed Jesus.
Actually your friend Free Mind said this: "Yep, not so long ago, Prots were next to the devil and the Jews killed Jesus".

**You read what I copied so I could reply to her....lol what a tool!
preston

Waverly, OH

#409446 Dec 14, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Pad, Everything God created was made perfect, and made with love.
at medaberet anglit?lol
preston

Waverly, OH

#409447 Dec 14, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>God loves all that He created,remember,"He created .........and saw that it was good." He created Lucifer,the Top Angel of praise and worship,Lucifer's body was like instruments. Lucifer made the choice to rebel,and in doing so he committed the greatest sin against his Creator,the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.There is no salvation for Satan and his fallen angels(demons).So Graham is not wrong for saying what he did to Larry King.Besides are we to read into the emotions of God anyway? He creates,but He also allows destruction to come to what He created.
slicha! this not in the past tense, PAD.

and he {must} love him

try again.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409448 Dec 14, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
When I went to catechism class, there was no salvation for Protestants.
Heck - the Pope had to make a special rule for JFK, so he could attend Protestant churches even if just for ceremonial or political purposes.
Yep, not so long ago, Prots were next to the devil and the Jews killed Jesus.
The bishop is the shepherd of the flock (diocese) the parish priest is the BORDER COLLIE that keep all the sheep in line, and moving in one direction.

50,000 annulments and yet just 35 years ago, annulments were as scarce as seeing a catholic priest today in public.

Wait until the nuns and the vatican finally square off. The nuns during this hiatus have been garnering strength from many catholics/non catholics and the newly formed AUSCP priest union with over 1,000 members strong ready to stand up for the nuns.

It will be exciting!
preston

Waverly, OH

#409449 Dec 14, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually your friend Free Mind said this: "Yep, not so long ago, Prots were next to the devil and the Jews killed Jesus".
**You read what I copied so I could reply to her....lol what a tool!
this forum is full of them.

4bdn KNEW that oddjg was gone, so how could he know unless he was using that nick as a troll?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Gee-Tee 8,721
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web