Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,621
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#409405 Dec 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
Faith is what 'joins us to God spiritually'...we are healed via this joining.
I'm not teaching any thing else.
KayMarie
You shouldn't teach anything at all.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409406 Dec 14, 2012
A beautiful historic church on its last breath.

http://www.philly.com/philly/home/20121214_Ch...

I can't understand that dioceses around america don't help each other out in times of need. Every diocese seems to be an entity of its own.

195 roman catholic dioceses in america, the vatican with BILLIONS in investments, and no help coming from any of them that could have help preserve this historic building.

Shame on the powers to be.

Albuquerque, NM

#409407 Dec 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>So, there you have it. The world's most famous evangelist teaches that no one needs Jesus to be saved and enter the Kingdom of Heaven. They're already members of the Body of Christ whether they know it or not! All they have to do is believe in a God--like one of the three million Hindu gods; or perhaps the man-god whom many Buddhists worship, the Dalai Lama; or the Moslem's Allah; or perhaps the Cosmic God of the evolutionists; or the witches' horned god, Pan; or perhaps all that people must do is believe in the New Age deity--themselves--as God!
Or an individual can do the research on all of these and realize that the similarities of each religion is so "on the mark" that your last "example" is probably the truth - we are all become gods when we die.

Isn't it fun to speculate on the things we don't know?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409408 Dec 14, 2012
who="Live Action"what a joke not believing in a man made god makes you a heathen.I think you ear ticklers are the heathens.And the only one doing miracles and healings are satan and evil spirits and demons .Yahweh does not take part in this world.Remember he left us here to destroy our self's with sin.and what a great job you are doing.

You are making the joke. Man-made gods are Totem poles carved from a tree, or Buddha furnaces, or even your automobile.

And where do satan and evil spirits and demons come from? Why acknowledge them but deny GOD?

No, He didn't leave us here to destroy ourselves. He gave us a wonderful, beautiful earth, and family to enjoy. If you mess yours up, it is your fault.

KayMarie
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409409 Dec 14, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So-called "Christians" can't get past the fear that has been instilled by other men.
Its engrained into them from childbirth. I was indoctrinated into catholicism. My parents spoke the same way, that if you weren't a christian you were not worthy of anything and it you were a protestant you were way down the line of righteousness below catholicism.

...Not one word ever spoken by God from christianity, or the gods from any previous beliefs. Its always men, creating stories, using the same METHOD OF OPERATION PROCEDURES to instill guilt if they question, which by itself instills FEAR.

.......If the catholic church changes policies on some issue, at the very same time so do the followers.

They are not kidding when followers are referred to as sheep.

Albuquerque, NM

#409410 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its engrained into them from childbirth. I was indoctrinated into catholicism. My parents spoke the same way, that if you weren't a christian you were not worthy of anything and it you were a protestant you were way down the line of righteousness below catholicism.
...Not one word ever spoken by God from christianity, or the gods from any previous beliefs. Its always men, creating stories, using the same METHOD OF OPERATION PROCEDURES to instill guilt if they question, which by itself instills FEAR.
.......If the catholic church changes policies on some issue, at the very same time so do the followers.
They are not kidding when followers are referred to as sheep.
:o)

"Mary had a little lamb...."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409411 Dec 14, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Good works, like feeding the hungry and clothing the naked IS our response to His grace, but one may choose to not respond.
Anthony says....
Good works, like feeding the hungry and clothing the naked IS our response to His grace.

Michael says......That is exactly! what the 47,000 nuns in america are doing, in the gutters feeding the hungry and clothing the naked, but your church ANTHONY wants the nuns to spend their time talking down homosexuality and birth control instead.

Didn't you learn that Jesus accepted everyone, and his priorities were the poor and helpless?

I support the nuns!......as so many are doing today including the 1,000 (and growing) Roman catholic priests in america who belong to the AUSCP.

Its not about the church. Its about whats RIGHT!!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409412 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I too was raised in the catholic church. Never ever heard such a thing. You think maybe you are all just nutjobs?....just a thought

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#409413 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme says...
....You can tell the difference between them and the free mature choice Christians.
Michael says....ABSOLUTELY!
I believe all or most of the former catholics on this forum were indoctrinated from birth.
No Habla Ingles
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409414 Dec 14, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
:o)
"Mary had a little lamb...."
NASL says.......Mary had a little lamb

Michael says.........and according to christians she had a little Jesus too.

No wonder there are farm animals displayed around the nativity scene. Thats the connection!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409415 Dec 14, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>No Habla Ingles
Right!

Location hidden

#409416 Dec 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>YOUR NEXT TO THE LAST SENTANCE AGREES WITH WHAT THE AUTHOR OF THAT SCENARIO ALSO SAID.
want you to know that.
And grahams interview with larry king, he says that God loves satan, do you beleive that?
KING: Does God love him?
GRAHAM: Does God what?
KING: Satan. Does he love Satan?
GRAHAM: Well, he created him as Lucifer. In the 22nd of Ezekiel, it tells us about it, and he must love him, but the end of Satan is hell. Hell was created for the devil and his angels, or his demons, not for men.
KING: How about abortion?
GRAHAM: Same thing.
KING: Against it totally?
GRAHAM: Yes. But I'm not getting involved in it.
KING: So you believe it's the taking of a life?
GRAHAM: Yes, I do.
KING: But to protect the life of a mother you would permit it, right? I think you said that.
GRAHAM: Oh, yes.
KING: Yeah.
GRAHAM: Of course.
Gdday Chum. I believe that Graham's comments about God loving Satan is what happens when we start analyzing isues of the spiritua dimenson that we know nothing about.How would we know if God loves or does not love Satan.We think our limited human minds can grasp a spiritual world whos principles, nature, and laws far surpass ou comprehension. A better aswer would have been "I do not know but I know God loves us".We do this again and again because we
proudly have confidence in our intelect.Lets stick to the basics and leave such lofty questions to God.

Location hidden

#409417 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says....
Good works, like feeding the hungry and clothing the naked IS our response to His grace.
Michael says......That is exactly! what the 47,000 nuns in america are doing, in the gutters feeding the hungry and clothing the naked, but your church ANTHONY wants the nuns to spend their time talking down homosexuality and birth control instead.
Didn't you learn that Jesus accepted everyone, and his priorities were the poor and helpless?
I support the nuns!......as so many are doing today including the 1,000 (and growing) Roman catholic priests in america who belong to the AUSCP.
Its not about the church. Its about whats RIGHT!!!!
All your postings have sparked my curiosity about the nuns. I am going to go undercover as a nun into their world.Perhaps I may write a book about it "Nun Like Me"
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409418 Dec 14, 2012
Christians are taught that God has a divine plan. God knows the minute everything will be born the minute they will die, every tree that grows and withers and every sunny and rainy day.

...Many years ago God decided to create a plan for everything. He checked his plan over, said it was a good plan, and put his plan it into operation.

..Christians came along and decided that they wanted more. If they pray to God for something it will be granted, but doing so is trying to change Gods divine plan.

...What is the point in having a divine plan if every clown coming along can pray wanting to change his plan!

People pray for everything. Pray for a sunny day on their wedding, farmers just 1 mile down the road are praying for rain. Two opposing football teams praying before the game telling God we want to win! What is God to do? BILLIONS and BILLIONS of prayers beamed to God everyday wanting him to change his divine plan. If you have cancer, people pray wanting God to change the course of the cancer. If cancer was part of Gods plan why can any scmuck coming along pray to change his plan?

...Most people pray to God on Sunday, his day off. That is not very nice.

I never pray, and if there is a God he is giving me the thumbs up for not trying to screw up his divine plan by praying for something I want.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409419 Dec 14, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>All your postings have sparked my curiosity about the nuns. I am going to go undercover as a nun into their world.Perhaps I may write a book about it "Nun Like Me"
Just to help you along in cognito. YOu can bid on nuns habits on Ebay. There are also priests attire for sale. Check the sizes.

After you write your book "Nuns Like Me"....you could write a second book for those that always wonder about nuns sexuality and call your book .........."Become a nun and get none"

You could hang around a few of the Hallmark stores in disguise as a nun, to see who is working hard and who is not. Undercover BOSS!

Let me know how you make out.

ps ......where are you going to get commercial size rosary beads that the nuns have attached to their attire? I think they might be a COPO order. Central office Production order.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409420 Dec 14, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I too was raised in the catholic church. Never ever heard such a thing. You think maybe you are all just nutjobs?....just a thought
When I went to catechism class, there was no salvation for Protestants.

Heck - the Pope had to make a special rule for JFK, so he could attend Protestant churches even if just for ceremonial or political purposes.

Yep, not so long ago, Prots were next to the devil and the Jews killed Jesus.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409421 Dec 14, 2012
who="Pad" I am convinced more than ever that persecution is the only thing that will separate the sheep from the goats. If those believers in prisons,and labor camps in various countries hostile to Christ,believed that it does not matter what you believe in the way of religion,if you are good and believe you can have Christ,even if you never know or hear His Name,than why suffer in prison or a re-education camp?
Buddhists in Myanmar are persecuting the Karen Christians,what is the point of being persecuted for Christ,if in fact those Buddhists do not really need to hear the Gospel?
If what Billy Graham said in the interview with Robert Schuller is true,than all those believers who languish in prisons and labor camps for preaching Christ,are wasting their time.Besides it is not our role on this earth to declare who is saved and who is not,but to present the Gospel of Christ,which shows men how to be saved.
I cannot even judge Billy Graham here,and his words will have to be judged by God alone.Only God our Father is JUDGE,and we cannot condemn any man or woman.
The Gospel declares that Jesus Christ died for all human beings,and that they should be given the opportunity to receive Him by faith,but they need to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins.The challenge for all human beings is to take the risk and follow Christ,in order to find out about His salvation.Unless people do such,they will die in their sins.

Great word, Pad. Persecution can separate the sheep from the goats...and it is on its way. Our nation is quickly falling into the state in which persecution will turn fatal. So-called 'believer's are at each other's throats, and only persecution can reveal 'the real church'.

No, it is not for us to judge others. Paul said that he didn't even judge himself. After all:'above all things, man's heart is deceitful, and desperately wicked. Who can know it?'(God alone.)

KayMarie

Location hidden

#409422 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to help you along in cognito. YOu can bid on nuns habits on Ebay. There are also priests attire for sale. Check the sizes.
After you write your book "Nuns Like Me"....you could write a second book for those that always wonder about nuns sexuality and call your book .........."Become a nun and get none"
You could hang around a few of the Hallmark stores in disguise as a nun, to see who is working hard and who is not. Undercover BOSS!
Let me know how you make out.
ps ......where are you going to get commercial size rosary beads that the nuns have attached to their attire? I think they might be a COPO order. Central office Production order.
very helpful. Now we will both be under fire. Can a share your rations in the foxhole?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409423 Dec 14, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
"My parents spoke the same way"""...and you are the way you are. You should be in Ohio to see the shock look on my face.

You know what normal people tell children???

"We are sinners and our sin separates us from God. But the great news is He sent His Son into this world to died on a cross for our sins that we may have eternal life. Do you want to receive Him by faith today"...or something along those lines. Show them what God really is....a loving Father.

**Again this is what normal folks say to children so from what you told me about your childhood, you ain't gonna get it.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409424 Dec 14, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck - the Pope had to make a special rule for JFK, so he could attend Protestant churches even if just for ceremonial or political purposes.

**Who cares..why does that bother you? Doesn't bother me.

**what does this have to do with our discussion?

**No they are and no they didn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope pushes back at creationists 3 hr SpaceBlues 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Scales Off 8,533
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) 12 hr ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Wed kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Wed tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Atheist Silurist 23
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Oct 21 Serkan Turkbayram 6

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE