Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,857
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
preston

Waverly, OH

#409388 Dec 14, 2012
BTW, hank,

how could 4bdn know that oldjg is gone from this forum?

unless he was trolling and using that nick?

for some reason,he is silent. wonde why?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#409389 Dec 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>not to long ago, you defended Billy Graham in a reply to gif(not that he was opposing graham, dont want you to think that I am saying that) and now you are saying exactly the opposite of what graham has said and it has been recorded.
Jesus is the WAY,and we cannot change that,no matter how good and noble believers of other religions may act or do good things,and believe of course in their diety.
Now I believe your statement to be correct and accurate, but graham doesnt and has said otherwise.
The Infamous May 31, 1997 Interview: Graham and Schuller
The Reverend Robert
Schuller of
California's Crystal
Cathedral interviewed
Billy Graham.
Robert Schuller: "Tell me, what do you think of the future of Christianity?"
Billy Graham: "I think everybody who knows Christ, whether they're conscious of it or not, they're members of the Body of Christ...God's purpose is to call out a people for His name, whether they come from the Muslim world, Buddhist world, the Christian world, or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ, because they've been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus...and I think they are saved, and that they are going to be in heaven with us."
Robert Schuller (overjoyed): "What I hear you saying is that it's possible for Jesus Christ to come into human hearts and soul and life even if they've been born into darkness and never had exposure to the Bible. Is that a correct interpretation of what you are saying?"
Billy Graham: "Yes it is, because I believe that. I've met people in various parts of the world...that have never seen a Bible or heard about a Bible, and never heard of Jesus, but they've believed in their hearts that there was a God."
So, there you have it. The world's most famous evangelist teaches that no one needs Jesus to be saved and enter the Kingdom of Heaven. They're already members of the Body of Christ whether they know it or not! All they have to do is believe in a God--like one of the three million Hindu gods; or perhaps the man-god whom many Buddhists worship, the Dalai Lama; or the Moslem's Allah; or perhaps the Cosmic God of the evolutionists; or the witches' horned god, Pan; or perhaps all that people must do is believe in the New Age deity--themselves--as God!
preston,never saw that interview,and did hear of it till now.Robert Schuller is he of the same way of thinking? He at times seems very liberal as his denomination sways to and fro.

You know lots of people today are considering a broad faith like the one mentioned in the interview.Billy Graham is not my lord,nor is he the one I pray to.If of course that interview is true,and what he said is accurate,I am sadened by that.He could have said, people's hearts are being prepared to receive Christ's message of salvation. I understand where he is coming from,but I cannot agree that, as those people remain in darkness and do not hear the gospel,that they receive salvation through Christ.We might as well not even waste our missionaries,and the efforts to bring the gospel to every creature.

Billy Graham has come a long way if he has resorted to that,his son never says things like that.
preston

Waverly, OH

#409390 Dec 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You measure every thing by your own experience...
yeah, I do and when charlatans like you come by or the jws, I know what is real and what isnt.

and you arent.

and considering that I have seen God send a person back to life, and that I have seen the resurrected Christ and you havent, and that I have received the Holy Ghost and never talked jibber jabber when I received Him, and that on March 28, 1984, late at night, His presence was like a cloud in my bedroom, and He spoke to me and said"Like Jonah, I want YOU TO PREACH MY WORD".

SO YEAH, I HAVE SOME GREAT EXPERIENCES THAT I CAN DRAW ON TO KNOW WHAT IS REAL AND WHAT IS FAKERY, LIKE YOUR BUDDY BENNY HEN, WHO CLUCKS CONSTANTLY BUT NEVER SAYS ANYTHING TO GET PEOPLE SAVED, WHICH IS THE JOB OF A PREACHER SO HE DOESNT QUALIFY.

btw, when you stand in the pulpit, what does your wife say when she is doing the preaching.
preston

Waverly, OH

#409391 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Your limited faith in God's ability to perform his word
is grossly distorted weak and pitifully un-scriptural.
Your concept of God is that he has no more ability than you have ..
and you evidently believe that you are Messiah..
Every thing has to Go you way and by what you say or you attempt to dominate and destroy those that disagree with you by character assassination and bullying.
4:12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who are you who judges another?

SEE, I CAN USE SCRIPTURE TO BRING AGAINST YOU TOO.LOL.

BENNY HEN, CLUCK, CLUCK.

YOU ACT THAT WAY TOO.

WELL, ALMOST. PEOPLE CALL YOU A 'COWARD" INSTEAD OF A "CHICKEN"

BUT YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF BOTH NAMES.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#409392 Dec 14, 2012
I am convinced more than ever that persecution is the only thing that will separate the sheep from the goats. If those believers in prisons,and labor camps in various countries hostile to Christ,believed that it does not matter what you believe in the way of religion,if you are good and believe you can have Christ,even if you never know or hear His Name,than why suffer in prison or a re-education camp?

Buddhists in Myanmar are persecuting the Karen Christians,what is the point of being persecuted for Christ,if in fact those Buddhists do not really need to hear the Gospel?

If what Billy Graham said in the interview with Robert Schuller is true,than all those believers who languish in prisons and labor camps for preaching Christ,are wasting their time.Besides it is not our role on this earth to declare who is saved and who is not,but to present the Gospel of Christ,which shows men how to be saved.

I cannot even judge Billy Graham here,and his words will have to be judged by God alone.Only God our Father is JUDGE,and we cannot condemn any man or woman.

The Gospel declares that Jesus Christ died for all human beings,and that they should be given the opportunity to receive Him by faith,but they need to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins.The challenge for all human beings is to take the risk and follow Christ,in order to find out about His salvation.Unless people do such,they will die in their sins.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409393 Dec 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>CHARLATANS like him and his wife will not believe you even when you use the Bible to disprove their opinions.just as I showed the article by this person who tried to say this one greek word also means to "heal' when it doesnt.
and I showed that Matthew is stating very clearly that the Prophecy{of Is.} was fufilled when they brought people to Jesus and he cast out the demons and healed their sickness.
of course, I do believe in divine healing having had two in the past year, ut those kinds of people(him and her) cheapen the relationship that God gives us with this baloney(which I love, poor mans ham) they try and feed us
~~~

YOU CALL US CHARLATANS...

Just who are you to call any one a CHARLATANS..

YOU BULLY AND SPOUT YOUR CHARACTER ASSASSINATION

YOUR REPRESENTATION OF OUR LOVING GOD IS REPREHENSIBLE.

The fruit of the Spirit is

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Jesus said...

Mat_7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Mat_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Your fruits are..devilish

Jas 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409394 Dec 14, 2012
Roman Catholic DOUBLE-SPEAK 101

The RCC doesn't change it's teachings? Baloney!

Per the (Infallible) Council of Trent - Canon I: "If any one shall deny that the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and therefore entire Christ, are truly, really, and substantially contained in the sacrament of the most holy Eucharist; and shall say that He is only in it as a sign, or in a figure, or virtually, let him be accursed."

("accursed" -- under or subject to a curse; doomed)

But today, the RCC says not all non-believers are accursed or doomed.

To anyone but a Catholic, that is a 180 degree turn-around.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#409395 Dec 14, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Michael is right to an extent.But he completely avoids the spiritual input.We all can learn from our religious heritage,and even seem quite moral,law abiding and become ardant practioners of our faith,whatever it is.It is really quite apparent that people of all religions if they choose to be good can respond in that way to others.When Mother Teresa was in Calcutta the early years of when she branched out of the Convent School,found the aid of a Muslim realtor who took her under his wing.He helped her quite a bit to gain a building for her sisters,and later a Home for the dying,he was a very gracious person.
Mother Teresa also witnessed a Muslim woman who was starving and when food was given to her she shared it with a Hindu family. Great and noble gestures of love and humanity are afforded to all human beings.Com passion knows no limitations. However that does not take away from the C h r i s t,and His very special relationship with the Father,and when He infuses His Spirit into a soul,that is quite unique and different from RELIGIOUS observance.
Jesus is the WAY,and we cannot change that,no matter how good and noble believers of other religions may act or do good things,and believe of course in their diety. Jesus was the only ONE who not only declared Himself the Way,but showed the Way in its perfection by His life,death and Resurrection.
Notice all three you cannot leave out any aspect of the Life,death and Resurrection of our Lord,that is solo truth to Him alone,and no other deity or religion matches Him,even pagan history may have similar stories of a superhuman,but Jesus lived and showed in demonstration to those around Him the reality of His:Life,death and Resurrection.Non-Christian religions mimmick many things concerning truth,and people show good things,but Jesus alone proved that we human beings are in need of a Savior,of whom He is,and Jesus alone proved that He is God and also Man,of which there is none other.So our faith in Him is unlike any other religion,nothing compares to Him!
What always draws me to Christ is the infinite love that brought Him to be tortured, spit on, humiliated, and finally crucified for those ,like me that didnt deserve it.Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism do not have that. Also where Muslims can say they have the word in the Quran Jesus is the Word.Jesus waited patiently for me to have my little intellectual journeys where thought I was so smart to know Buddhism or philosophy. When I was all done He took me in His arms and saved me.
preston

Waverly, OH

#409396 Dec 14, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>preston,never saw that interview,and did hear of it till now.Robert Schuller is he of the same way of thinking? He at times seems very liberal as his denomination sways to and fro.
You know lots of people today are considering a broad faith like the one mentioned in the interview.Billy Graham is not my lord,nor is he the one I pray to.If of course that interview is true,and what he said is accurate,I am sadened by that.He could have said, people's hearts are being prepared to receive Christ's message of salvation. I understand where he is coming from,but I cannot agree that, as those people remain in darkness and do not hear the gospel,that they receive salvation through Christ.We might as well not even waste our missionaries,and the efforts to bring the gospel to every creature.
Billy Graham has come a long way if he has resorted to that,his son never says things like that.
YOUR NEXT TO THE LAST SENTANCE AGREES WITH WHAT THE AUTHOR OF THAT SCENARIO ALSO SAID.

want you to know that.

And grahams interview with larry king, he says that God loves satan, do you beleive that?

KING: Does God love him?

GRAHAM: Does God what?

KING: Satan. Does he love Satan?

GRAHAM: Well, he created him as Lucifer. In the 22nd of Ezekiel, it tells us about it, and he must love him, but the end of Satan is hell. Hell was created for the devil and his angels, or his demons, not for men.

KING: How about abortion?

GRAHAM: Same thing.

KING: Against it totally?

GRAHAM: Yes. But I'm not getting involved in it.

KING: So you believe it's the taking of a life?

GRAHAM: Yes, I do.

KING: But to protect the life of a mother you would permit it, right? I think you said that.

GRAHAM: Oh, yes.

KING: Yeah.

GRAHAM: Of course.
preston

Waverly, OH

#409397 Dec 14, 2012
*** A third area is concern over the lack of depth that conversions at Billy Graham's crusades have, Some of the details on this are:

l. Only 2% of the people coming forward at a Crusade have never been Christians and are actually giving their life to Christ for the first time, and of these 80% fall away,

2. A great majority of people that come forward are sent to Catholic and extremely liberal Churches, extremely few are sent to solid Bible believing churches., In the Catholic Standard and Times, Thursday, July 16, 1992, p. 10, this Catholic paper reported that 1,900 Catholics responded to Billy Graham's call to make decisions for Christ in the Philadelphia Crusade and were referred to about 250 parishes.

3. People that come forward are sent even to Jewish synagogues and New Age churches.,

4. Converts are given the impression that Christ wants decisions for him, rather than that Christ wants disciples.

5. The people attending the crusades are almost all Christians, due to the high numbers of Christian counselors(SEE THIS HOJO) and the high number of church people which are always intentionally bussed in,(Frady exposes this, and in 1992 a writer of the Williamette Week did a major story for the magazine detailing how she had searched the entire week at the Billy Graham Crusade for an unsaved person and failed to find a single non-Christian. There were a few, but so few she didn't find any. Williamette Week, Oct. 1,1992.)

6. Most decisions at the crusades are for trivial things such as to stop smoking. Interestingly, Christians with discernment spoke about how hurting the churches were after the Billy Graham Crusade here in Portland. They had been made wild promises of success, they were fleeced of their money, and then given a lukewarm spiritual boost. Their comments reminded me of this warning to Billy Graham clear back in the 1950s as to how he was ruining the harvest field. Part of Satan's Planetary control is through religious leaders.
Live Action

Shawnee, OK

#409398 Dec 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>there was a king in the OT who turned not to God, relied on physicans only, and died at the age of 46.he was a heathen,Definition: not believing in God.
Now PAD, there is no way that you can convince me that God is going to Heal a person that doesnt even believe in Him. but you are welcome to try. GO 4 IT!!
Romans 1:16 tells us, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to {every one that believeth}; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
now here is what some writer is saying and it is completely FALSE.
Remember that the same principles work for forgiveness of sin as for healing miracles. The Greek word (sozo) to "save" is the same as "to heal." http://www.godspeak.org/hs_lessons/hs14_week4...
that word {sozo}means to save only but these charlatans that want to preach on divine healings will do and say anything to get a dime.see #2.1.
now in the instance of the woman with the issue of Blood, that word is also used and she was healed, however she was {Saved }from death.as I do believe, she would have died if He had not been there
But Jesus, having turned and seen her, said, Daughter, be of good comfort; your faith has healed you. And the woman was healed{sozo}
from that hour.but she was not a heathen. she had more faith than many of us do today.
http://www.logosapostolic.org/greek_word_stud...
what a joke not believing in a man made god makes you a heathen.I think you ear ticklers are the heathens.And the only one doing miracles and healings are satan and evil spirits and demons .Yahweh does not take part in this world.Remember he left us here to destroy our self's with sin.and what a great job you are doing.
preston

Waverly, OH

#409399 Dec 14, 2012
FLEECING THE SHEEP

The charismatic movement claims to have the Holy Spirit in a special way, however, some seem to be lacking in all discernment that the Holy Spirit would give. There are several books exposing the big name Charismatic ministers. One is written by an ex-charismatic Assembly of God minister. He shows a picture in his book of an Assembly of God flier promoting the "Testimony of J. Edgar Hoover."

Yes, the Assembly of God promoted the, "testimony" of J. Edgar Hoover, while he was known to be a power hungry individual who practiced homosexuality. It was this type of hype that caused this minister to grow disillusioned with the charismatic movement's so called spirituality. Recently, the spiritual discernment of Billy Graham and many other big time ministries was exposed when these big Christian ministries were conned out of $550 million dollars. Billy Graham introduced John G. Bennett to thousands of people at a recent Billy Graham Crusade in Philadelphia in 1992. John Bennett gave his testimony at the crusade. Because Billy Graham, John Templeton, and Laurance Rockefeller were apparently supportive of John G. Bennett, big time Christian ministries "trusted" him. John told many of the big Christian ministries that if they gave him millions of dollars, for every million he received he would give them two million back. Many of the big Christian ministries gave Bennett money--in fact he collected $550 million (which he ran off with) from ministries such as Pat Robertson's, Bill Bright's, Chuck Colson's, Luis Palau's, Westminster Theological Seminary, Wheaton College, the Salvation Army and many others. The reader may have heard of this New Era Foundation scam. That's what it was

Location hidden

#409400 Dec 14, 2012
SEPTU QUOTES SUPPORTED BY DEAD SEA SCROLLS
Appendix:

Dead Sea Scrolls-Septuagint Alignments Against the Masoretic Text

Notes on
The Septuagint
2000 by R. Grant Jones

http://mysite.verizon.net/rgjones3/Septuagint...

Location hidden

#409401 Dec 14, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute couple....but Seraphima could use a sandwich.
LOL
Her upper lip blocks the food
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409403 Dec 14, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>My father is Orthodox. My Mom was Methodist. My grandma was Baptist.I did not return to Orthodoxy until I had explored just about everything. I know I am not typical.I agree when you say so many just march with the family's footsteps.You can tell the difference between them and the free mature choice Christians.
Herme says...

....You can tell the difference between them and the free mature choice Christians.

Michael says....ABSOLUTELY!

I believe all or most of the former catholics on this forum were indoctrinated from birth.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#409404 Dec 14, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan does NOT control those with whom he agrees.
But Satan surely controls those with whom he does not agree.
Thus --- when it comes to judging good and evil, he is the center of his Universe -- not God.
"Christians" don't see it this way, they think you and I are "satans". So you can see, they are delusional to some extent.

Are they honest enough to admit that they are wrong and totally off-base? Only if they truly are honest - in which we haven't seen this to be the case yet.

Happy Holidays FM!

Albuquerque, NM

#409405 Dec 14, 2012
Faith is what 'joins us to God spiritually'...we are healed via this joining.
I'm not teaching any thing else.
KayMarie
You shouldn't teach anything at all.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409406 Dec 14, 2012
A beautiful historic church on its last breath.

http://www.philly.com/philly/home/20121214_Ch...

I can't understand that dioceses around america don't help each other out in times of need. Every diocese seems to be an entity of its own.

195 roman catholic dioceses in america, the vatican with BILLIONS in investments, and no help coming from any of them that could have help preserve this historic building.

Shame on the powers to be.

Albuquerque, NM

#409407 Dec 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>So, there you have it. The world's most famous evangelist teaches that no one needs Jesus to be saved and enter the Kingdom of Heaven. They're already members of the Body of Christ whether they know it or not! All they have to do is believe in a God--like one of the three million Hindu gods; or perhaps the man-god whom many Buddhists worship, the Dalai Lama; or the Moslem's Allah; or perhaps the Cosmic God of the evolutionists; or the witches' horned god, Pan; or perhaps all that people must do is believe in the New Age deity--themselves--as God!
Or an individual can do the research on all of these and realize that the similarities of each religion is so "on the mark" that your last "example" is probably the truth - we are all become gods when we die.

Isn't it fun to speculate on the things we don't know?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409408 Dec 14, 2012
who="Live Action"what a joke not believing in a man made god makes you a heathen.I think you ear ticklers are the heathens.And the only one doing miracles and healings are satan and evil spirits and demons .Yahweh does not take part in this world.Remember he left us here to destroy our self's with sin.and what a great job you are doing.

You are making the joke. Man-made gods are Totem poles carved from a tree, or Buddha furnaces, or even your automobile.

And where do satan and evil spirits and demons come from? Why acknowledge them but deny GOD?

No, He didn't leave us here to destroy ourselves. He gave us a wonderful, beautiful earth, and family to enjoy. If you mess yours up, it is your fault.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 8 min Le Duped 2
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 1 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 1 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 12 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 16 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web