Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654001 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#409609 Dec 15, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
I'm not speaking for Preston Kay, but you have made some really disparaging statements about the pope and Catholics, and even after you were shown your error you continue to deny any wrongdoing. I for one would never mention it again if you were admit your mistake. What if find so disturbing about you and your husband is that you seem unwilling to consider it. It's almost as though you feel that because its Catholics you're hurting, you have no need to feel remorse, like we're not even human beings worthy of respect. I'm willing to offer an olive branch, but only if you stop spitting on us.

Anthony...I have said nothing disparaging about Catholic Christians. I have even commented that I have Catholic relatives and friends. I have commented on some teachings of Catholicism, which are in conflict with Christianity (perhaps included the Pope who apparently sees himself on the same level as God).

You are proving my position; the CC is foremost in Catholic teaching/thought, so much so that you feel personally attacked...and will attack me. The CC comes first, Jesus/God comes second in your teaching.

Defend the gospel. Let the CC do what all of us must do: PUT GOD FIRST.

KayMarie

#409610 Dec 15, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Question
Can any one tell me the difference in a Man that kills 20 children in a School Room
and
a Man that will support PLANNED PARENTHOOD AND pass laws that every one
in America must support (WITH THEIR TAXES ) the abortion of Millions of unborn children..
both actions terminate the lives of human beings.
ARE NOT Both a Massacre...OF HUMAN LIVES.
According to the Old Testament --- no.
~~~
THE NEW TESTAMENTS SAYS..
JESUS SPEAKING..
Mat_19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said,
==> Thou shalt do no murder,<==
~~~

Those that voted for the current president and put the abortionist back in office are now aiding and abetting the murder of the innocent unborn.
and there will be an accountability before God for your actions and support of abortion.

Those that refused to vote against the man and stayed home will also give an account..

For the Bible says ..

Jas_4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

You silence gave your consent, you did not cast you vote against murder.
Michael

Canada

#409611 Dec 15, 2012
towncrier wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't see the air you breathe either. Does that mean there isn't any oxygen? I can't see oxygen so it must not exist.
The atheist argument that you just because you can't see God means He isn't there is a weak one. Lame, lame lame!
Towncrier says......

..You can't see the air you breathe either.

Michael says.

..I live in a steel town, we can always see the air we breathe. cough! COUGH!!
Michael

Canada

#409612 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the same goes for you, you and teh sda cultist wear those icons out.
so answer this for all of us.
how did you know that oddjg was gone?
was that you trolling his nick and cussing people out and talking filthy like you did to john?
to know that he was gone indicates that topix kicked you off using that nick. correct?
atemcowboy....I didn't know if you have noticed, someone has removed your picture from your personnel file on Topix.

Just thought you should know.
Michael

Canada

#409613 Dec 15, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>15Dec12.....
.....YOU have BobLoblah's back on this von.....and most Americans and other peoples of the Western nations along with quite a few countries with Democracy and Christian principals.
Ps:.....and da Truch shall set you Free.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
...Were going to teach you the last 14 letters of the alphabet that you just don't seem to be familiar with.

Were here to help!

#409614 Dec 15, 2012
who="hojo"
Ah--yes--"how easy it is" Confrinting, to "point fingers" calling the Catholic "Kettle black" while your own (bible only) Protestant (in denial)"Pot of polluted preachers" needs a heavy dose of repentence, The fact that Protestant ministers and preachers "equal or exceed" sexual abuse in the Protestant Churches as compared to those in the Catholic Churches, is "conveniently "ignored"! In addition,it is also a fact that "every one" of authors of the bible were sinners: Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners". Jesus established and formed His One True Catholic Church to "Save Sinners"-of which we all are guilty of!!-- This only shows how judggmentally duplicitious, distorted and twisted Protestants are in their ingrained, contraditing and condemningly (warped) anti-catholic thinking!!!

Are you willing to condemn those God has cleansed, just so that you can paint child molesters 'clean'. Moses WAS a murderer, David WAS an adulterer. Paul said that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I AM CHIEF. He named some awful sins...and said,'and such WERE some of you, BUT YOU ARE CLEANSED.'

"If we CONFESS our sins, He is faithful to forgive us our sins, AND to cleanse us of all unrighteousness."

Moses, David and Paul confessed their sins. They are NOT sinners anymore, they have been cleansed.

Those who will not confess their sins, remain condemned.

So far we've heard no confession/admission from the CC. They just keep saying...'well, the Protestants do it more than we do'.

KayMarie
Michael

Canada

#409615 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly am not that blatant ignorant.
and most of my mistakes are typing errors, not SPALING.lol
firs it was only one word, not two.
and second, it was not hy, it is hi.
ATEMCOWBOY.......I looked high and low and I finally found your picture. I am posting it back on for you. Is there a reward?

http://www.topix.com/member/profile/atemcowbo...

#409616 Dec 15, 2012
who="Michael"
I can't see gravity but I know its there.
I don't have to see something to believe if its true or not, but it kind of helps the credability along wouldn't ya think?
When something makes no common sense, it makes no common sense.
Christians seem to have this thought in their heads that God somehow belongs to them, and anyone outside of christianity well! they just don't have what it takes. I say BS!

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that THEY ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

KayMarie

#409617 Dec 15, 2012
who="Clay"
The thing that boggles my mind is Catholics acknowledge God working in each and everyone your churches. You guys on the other hand, confiscate our Bible and use it against us, and spit on us.
Confrint, the Bible is not for you to safeguard. The proof is that you are a hateful person. Unwillingly to repent even though you been caught red handed lying about us.

This must be something new. I've known Catholics through the years, and they were never ALLOWED to go to a Protestant church.

The Word of God is not yours/ours, it is HIS.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409618 Dec 15, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
I'm not speaking for Preston Kay, but you have made some really disparaging statements about the pope and Catholics, and even after you were shown your error you continue to deny any wrongdoing. I for one would never mention it again if you were admit your mistake. What if find so disturbing about you and your husband is that you seem unwilling to consider it. It's almost as though you feel that because its Catholics you're hurting, you have no need to feel remorse, like we're not even human beings worthy of respect. I'm willing to offer an olive branch, but only if you stop spitting on us.
Anthony...I have said nothing disparaging about Catholic Christians. I have even commented that I have Catholic relatives and friends. I have commented on some teachings of Catholicism, which are in conflict with Christianity (perhaps included the Pope who apparently sees himself on the same level as God).
You are proving my position; the CC is foremost in Catholic teaching/thought, so much so that you feel personally attacked...and will attack me. The CC comes first, Jesus/God comes second in your teaching.
Defend the gospel. Let the CC do what all of us must do: PUT GOD FIRST.
KayMarie
I'm sorry Kay, but you can't keep your words hidden, you can't sweep them under the rug and hope everyone forgets. You made a snide post questioning the popes intelligence for no other reason than to ridicule him, when in fact, you were mistaken about what the bible actually says while he was correct all along. When confronted with your error you and your husband fought tooth and nail to justify it.

So, here we go again. Your newest cheap shot is to say the pope thinks himself equal to God. When has he said that? Explain to me where you or your ignorant husband has the authority to declare what conficts with "Christianity"? Gve me ANY evidence that the Church teaches she comes first before God.

It saddens me to see a 79 year old woman, someone who at this stage in her life who should be dignified and above the fray of lies and distortions and digging in the gutter, would act the way you do. As I said before, my saintly mother had she not died so young would be about your age. It is impossible to imagine that she would behave the way you are. I'm ashamed for you.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#409619 Dec 15, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am who I say that I am.satisfied?
if I dont sign in,then the preston will show up.
then again, I could sign in as CR, my orignal nick back in 08.
or I could use my nick as Jonah. whatever turns me on, as for you. I could care less who you are.
Preston Do you remember that comedian that used to say my name is Johnson, but you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Ray Jay or you can call me Jay Ray (he would go on and on like this) but you doesnt have to call me Johnson.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#409620 Dec 15, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey 4GVN!! Go back to your "thumb sucking" pacifier (heretics), Ron Rhodes and James McCarthy, because that is "all" that you ever quote--and all of us Catholics "know it"!!
Maybe you should learn to quote somebody. Because you have nothing to say on your own. And 'all of us non-catholics know it.' [email protected]
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#409621 Dec 15, 2012
The President,
like the rest of the pro abortionist
pretended to wipe tears from His eyes in his (so called)emotional facade yesterday..
Any one that is pro abortion that attempts to show
emotion for the 20 Children that died yesterday in
New Town Massacre is a hypocrite of the first degree.
16Dec12.....

.....A hypocrite. Agreed.

People don't give tooo much thought to 'killing' a child still in the womb. They cannot see it and therefore they cannot see what happens when the child is 'torn' apart.

Should the child in the womb be taken outside its mother and placed on the table and torn apart, BobLoblah would wager that 'Most...if not ALL' pro-abortionists would NOT be able to stand the sight.

Neither does GOD.

Ps:.....and den sum tooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Clay

Garden City, MI

#409622 Dec 15, 2012
who="Clay"
The thing that boggles my mind is Catholics acknowledge God working in each and everyone your churches. You guys on the other hand, confiscate our Bible and use it against us, and spit on us.
Confrint, the Bible is not for you to safeguard. The proof is that you are a hateful person. Unwillingly to repent even though you been caught red handed lying about us.
This must be something new. I've known Catholics through the years, and they were never ALLOWED to go to a Protestant church.
The Word of God is not yours/ours, it is HIS.
KayMarie
The reason that Catholics *wouldn't* be allowed to attend a Protestant Church is because the word of God is not being pronounced in total truth. Just bits and pieces. Or in some cases, total opposite of what was established by the Apostles. New and strange doctrines are being announced from the preachers pulpit. Sola fide and sola scripture are a couple.
However, the Church, as far as I know, wouldn't be completely against worshipping with non Catholics. I never heard them say we couldn't.

And Kay, I don't want to insult you because I know you love the Bible dearly. But its NOT a Pentecostal book. That is, your church is not the authority and safeguarder of scripture. The Church that compiled the books and added them to the Jewish books- are the safeguarders.
You had know way of knowing those books were scripture unless the Catholic Church made it known. We hand copied the books for over a thousand yrs before it was printed and obtained by the laity. Then everyone ran off in a rabid frenzy, because they didn't know how to translate the books.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409623 Dec 15, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason that Catholics *wouldn't* be allowed to attend a Protestant Church is because the word of God is not being pronounced in total truth. Just bits and pieces. Or in some cases, total opposite of what was established by the Apostles. New and strange doctrines are being announced from the preachers pulpit. Sola fide and sola scripture are a couple.
However, the Church, as far as I know, wouldn't be completely against worshipping with non Catholics. I never heard them say we couldn't.
And Kay, I don't want to insult you because I know you love the Bible dearly. But its NOT a Pentecostal book. That is, your church is not the authority and safeguarder of scripture. The Church that compiled the books and added them to the Jewish books- are the safeguarders.
You had know way of knowing those books were scripture unless the Catholic Church made it known. We hand copied the books for over a thousand yrs before it was printed and obtained by the laity. Then everyone ran off in a rabid frenzy, because they didn't know how to translate the books.
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/my_top_ten.h...
Clay

Garden City, MI

#409624 Dec 15, 2012
... Not to mention Kay, we have seven more books in the Bible. We have more scripture.

If you use a bible that doesn't have these books, then you are accepting the canon of a rogue priest (Luther) who sided with the Jews of 95 AD instead of the Christians of 33 AD.
If Jesus would have spoke about the books He wanted in scripture, then the seven books that Luther took out, would be in there.

Of course, you accept that the Holy Spirit guided the Church when the Bible was compiled....then you accept that the Holy Spirit guided Luther when it was re compiled?? Makes no sense.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#409625 Dec 15, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
Thanks.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#409626 Dec 15, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked what we are "saved" from. Are you saved from something else? Yes, at this moment I am saved. Yes, if I endure to the end, fight the good fight, I will be saved.
You really have trouble dealing with people in a respectful manner (insert name here), don't you.
Do you think it is disrespectful to question your answers? I am trying to understand what you are saying, because you are all over the map. "you ARE ,aved and you WILL BE SAVED" from eternal damnation??? Which is it? And WHEN DID YOU BECOME SAVED? So what you are telling me is that you ARE NOT saved from eternal damnation, but hope to be after all is finished. You can not BE SAVED (and) WILL BE SAVED from eternal damnation all at the same time. YOu are or you aren't. Which is it? Yours is a hope so salvation, which depends on the existance of an imaginary place (purgatory) to remove the sins that only JESUS can remove. That , Anthony, is a false Gospel.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#409627 Dec 15, 2012
If a person sticks a little plastic figure on the dashboard of thier car and believes that this little plastic figure has ANY ability to keep one safe, is that Idolatry?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409628 Dec 15, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think it is disrespectful to question your answers? I am trying to understand what you are saying, because you are all over the map. "you ARE ,aved and you WILL BE SAVED" from eternal damnation??? Which is it? And WHEN DID YOU BECOME SAVED? So what you are telling me is that you ARE NOT saved from eternal damnation, but hope to be after all is finished. You can not BE SAVED (and) WILL BE SAVED from eternal damnation all at the same time. YOu are or you aren't. Which is it? Yours is a hope so salvation, which depends on the existance of an imaginary place (purgatory) to remove the sins that only JESUS can remove. That , Anthony, is a false Gospel.
VI. I Have Been Saved (past event)
Rom. 8:24 - for in this hope we were saved (but, again, why "hope" if salvation is a certainty?)

Eph. 2:5,8 - for by grace you have been saved through faith.

2 Tim. 1:9 - He saved us and called us through grace and not by virtue of our own works outside of His grace.

Titus 3:5 - He saved us in virtue of His own mercy, and not by our deeds.

VII. I Am Being Saved (present event)
1 Cor. 1:18 - for the word of the cross is folly to those perishing, but for to us who are being saved, it is the power of God. Salvation is not a one-time event. It is a process of perseverance through faith, hope and love.

2 Cor. 2:15 - for we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved. Salvation is a continual process.

Phil. 2:12 - we are working out our salvation through fear and trembling. Salvation is an ongoing process.

1 Peter 1:9 - you obtain the salvation of your souls as the outcome of your faith. Working out our salvation in fear and trembling is a lifelong process.

VIII. I Will Be Saved (future event)
Matt. 10:22, 24:13; Mark 13:13 - again, Jesus taught that we must endure to the very end to be saved. Salvation is a past, present and future event (not a one-time event at an altar call).

Mark 16:16 – Jesus says whoever believes and is baptized will be saved.

Acts 15:11 - we believe that we shall be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus.

Rom. 5:9-10 - since we are justified by His blood, we shall be saved.

Rom. 13:11 - salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. How can we be only nearer to something we already have?

1 Cor. 3:15 - he will be saved, but only as through fire.

1 Cor. 5:5 - Paul commands the Church to deliver a man to satan, that he will be saved in the day of the Lord.

2 Tim. 2:11-12 - if we endure, we shall also reign with Him. This requires endurance until the end of our lives.

Heb. 9:28 - Jesus will appear a second time to save those who are eagerly waiting for Him.

James 5:15 - the sacrament of the sick will save the sick man and the Lord will raise him up.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/salvation.ht...

Now, I ask you respectfully to answer my questions;

If you are saved instantly, no ifs, ands or buts, when you accept Jesus into your heart, how can you look to something (like good moral behaviour) AFTER this event and make any kind of judgement about their salvation?

If a person "gets saved" and behaves the way you think they should for 20 years and then decides to run of with another man's wife and dies shortly thereafter before repenting, is he still saved?

If not, why not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr I recently left 10,207
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web