Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,583
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#409307 Dec 13, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...
Karen I must tell you what he said about you was a hundred times worse than me using medical marijuana, you be careful!

TOLD YOU THAT SHE WOULD FEEL THAT WAY, WHEN HONEST CHRSITIANS DECIDE TO FORGIVE AND FORGET, THEY DO JUST THAT.

a few years ago, my son decided to take enviromental eng. and I was kinda perturbed, I said "you can go to any small town and get a job stiring "human waste" at a sewer plant. you dont need college for that.

you should consider that type of job experience, several of us on here can give you reccomendations as to your qualifications into stiring up "human waste"

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#409308 Dec 13, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

The nuances and conundrums of Christianity.
If one thinks that they can become "sick" [ill?] because they do not believe, then that person is delusional, unaware of Science, microbiology, germs, etc.
If one thinks that this happens, also shows how the mind had been persuaded to think otherwise.
If one thinks that this happens, then one does not need the help of Science to overcome said 'sickness'.
I've only heard of people dying because of others "believing God will heal" their ailment.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341574,00 ...
I'm curious Preston, do you have some support for a "God" healing someone - through only prayer? Please do not include exorcism as one point of evidence, okay?
;o)
Shoot - I've yet to have anyone on this forum or other forums to do the "Prayer Experiment", but everyone and their brother will come on and exclaim that "prayer saved....[insert name here]...."
If this was true, then positive thinking heals, because I have proved it to myself multiple times - including cancer and keeping it in remission.
Do you think your "so many years" of biblical study and worship, can participate in said experiment with me?
This is the honesty I speak of Preston. How honest are you really?
Happy Holidays!
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the post that you responded to from me is not my statement. it comes from gif or mrs and i am trying to get THEM to prove it.address your query to them not me.
Actually Preston, I was directing it to you, based upon your response to them - it's called an open discussion.

Please reread the post in that direction and then respond accordingly back, because I am interested in what YOU think.

You are honest, right?

Thanks!

Location hidden

#409309 Dec 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
IT IS PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THEIR SALVATION.
even with you reading the Truth that came from the Bible, you still aint got a clue about what was accomplished on the cross and it has nothing to do with physical healings.

which is why, time and time again, I have said that any fool can post verses,but it takes more than that to understand what they mean, and YOU CERTAINLY DONT.

you are as ignorant at 78 as you were at 2 or 3.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#409310 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>when I mentioned a previous ekg, I used two letters. do you ,in your scientific mind, know what I am talking about.lol
If you mean Myocardial infarction (MI), yes, I am familiar with it.

But you know something Preston, YOU sure do use a lot of prescribed medicine to stop the pain YOU've been having.

Why is that?

Don't YOU trust "God" enough to keep the pain at bay?

That darn Self a;ways popping in when you least realise.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409311 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy" lets get back to this thread, I want gif and his wife to know that they are clueless.
1 Peter 2:24 “who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness-- by whose stripes you were healed.”
in this verse, we see no indication that Peter is talking about a physical healing, rather that we might live for righteousness. not only that it is in the "Past tense" as WHEN WE WERE SAVED.
today, Jesus heals through His death, on the cross and through His intercession to His Father for our physical healing

Read it again.
(1) He bore our sins in His own body on the tree (cross)
(2) BY WHOSE STRIPES you were healed. The stripes (39 of them) were received before going to the cross.

Isaiah 53: 4,5 (1) He bore our griefs
(2) He carried our sorrows
(3) He was wounded or our transgressions
(4) He was bruised for our iniquities
(5) The chastisement of our peace was upon Him
(6) And BY HIS STRIPES we are healed

He doesn't do anything halfway.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

United States

#409312 Dec 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
What do bad works, like gossiping about the sins of others on a public forum, prove?
What are you attempting to prove?
KM
That you aren't necessarily who you want others to believe you are . Repentance does wonders in rehabilitating one's reputation. Especially with God.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#409313 Dec 13, 2012
THE SPIRITUAL BATTLE WITHIN US

Unseen Warfare Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain
The Ladder of Ascent St Climacus

At first what seems like supertition, after one is familar with psychology, particularly Cognitive Psychology, will seem like as advanced psychology lesson.Not everyone is ready for this.Som will mock.But is is the most advanced psychology I have come across.(more advanced than Ellis, Beck, or Meichenbaum)
marge

Ames, IA

#409314 Dec 13, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,I don't care what he has said about me in the past.
That is done and over with.
Why are you trying to keep it stirred up?
When I make things right with someone,I am sincere.
As my Papaw Partin used to say;
The more you stir it,the worse it stinks.
Ponder on that.
As for me,I am gonna go back outside and watch some more shooting stars.
well it was just a couple weeks ago and I thought after you made things right, your choice, I warned you.
Anthony MN

United States

#409315 Dec 13, 2012
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
when we do bad things aren`t we still struggling with are flesh just as Paul says?
it is by His grace so if we have to respond with works how is it still grace
Good works, like feeding the hungry and clothing the naked IS our response to His grace, but one may choose to not respond.

Location hidden

#409316 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy" lets get back to this thread, I want gif and his wife to know that they are clueless.
1 Peter 2:24 “who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness-- by whose stripes you were healed.”
in this verse, we see no indication that Peter is talking about a physical healing, rather that we might live for righteousness. not only that it is in the "Past tense" as WHEN WE WERE SAVED.
today, Jesus heals through His death, on the cross and through His intercession to His Father for our physical healing
Read it again.
(1) He bore our sins in His own body on the tree (cross)
(2) BY WHOSE STRIPES you were healed. The stripes (39 of them) were received before going to the cross.
Isaiah 53: 4,5 (1) He bore our griefs
(2) He carried our sorrows
(3) He was wounded or our transgressions
(4) He was bruised for our iniquities
(5) The chastisement of our peace was upon Him
(6) And BY HIS STRIPES we are healed
He doesn't do anything halfway.
KayMarie
by his stripes, ye WERE(PAST TENSE)HEALED. this is “ not referring to Christ's scourging, but figurative of teh stroke of divine judgment administered vicariously to Him on the cross . and again teh word "stripes" in greek is SINGULAR(DO YOU KNOW WHAT SINGULAR IS OR DO YOU HAVE TO LOOK IT UP)or maybe you can borrow mr gifs many versions of what the Bible says.

I just love to get a opportunity to use some big words once in awhile when I get to post to someone who has 125 years of Bible study, now find you a Hebrew concordance and see what this word means."chabbuwrah". it means our healing comes through being joined to God spiritually.

the bottom line is that your doctrine of teaching something else ,is flawed, which isnt surprising as any person who reads both of you on this forum can tell.

Location hidden

#409317 Dec 13, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
well it was just a couple weeks ago and I thought after you made things right, your choice, I warned you.
YOU ARE A LIAR AND YOU KNOW IT.NEITHER OF US HAS SAID ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE OTHER.i COULD LOOK AT OUR EMAILS AND FIND THE EXACT DATES FROM HER TO ME AND ME TO HER.

you are exactly like LTM, as I pointed out after you two came on here. it didnt take me very long to know that you are a skunk and you are showwing it now.

Location hidden

#409318 Dec 13, 2012
I thought

THAT ALONE PROVES THAT YOU ARE LYING.

YOU AINT GOT BRAINS ENOUGH TO THINK
marge

Ames, IA

#409319 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Good works, like feeding the hungry and clothing the naked IS our response to His grace, but one may choose to not respond.
It says clothe and feed His brethren etc, which His grace causes us to do.

Those who don't know Jesus don't know the brethren.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409320 Dec 13, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide support to show where "Satan" has control over anyone?
Satan does NOT control those with whom he agrees.

But Satan surely controls those with whom he does not agree.

Thus --- when it comes to judging good and evil, he is the center of his Universe -- not God.

Location hidden

#409321 Dec 13, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It says clothe and feed His brethren etc, which His grace causes us to do.
Those who don't know Jesus don't know the brethren.
WE CAN COUNT ON THE DEVILS FRIENDS TO COME AROUND WHEN THE BIBLE IS BEING DISCUSSED.

you have learned well from your friends and masters 4bdn and the sda cultist.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#409322 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what part of the sky?
they arent making a triangle are they?
oops never mind, 4 cant make a triangle, forgot my geometry.lol
did you read about the ufo over nyc> and sf.
I think that chuck is on one now, his addy keeps changing so fast.
I have been just looking straight up.
They seem to be coming from different parts of the sky.
Some are really big with long tails,then some are very small and faint.

It will be more intense as the night goes on.

I have seen eight so far.

It's cold out and holding my head straight up is what's keeping me from staying out.

If it were'nt so cold,I'd lay down out on the deck.

I go out every once in a while to see more.

The stars are so beautiful tonight.

No I didn't hear about the UFO's.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#409323 Dec 13, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
THE SPIRITUAL BATTLE WITHIN US
Unseen Warfare Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain
The Ladder of Ascent St Climacus
At first what seems like supertition, after one is familar with psychology, particularly Cognitive Psychology, will seem like as advanced psychology lesson.Not everyone is ready for this.Som will mock.But is is the most advanced psychology I have come across.(more advanced than Ellis, Beck, or Meichenbaum)
Cute couple....but Seraphima could use a sandwich.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409324 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>by his stripes, ye WERE(PAST TENSE)HEALED. this is “ not referring to Christ's scourging, but figurative of teh stroke of divine judgment administered vicariously to Him on the cross . and again teh word "stripes" in greek is SINGULAR(DO YOU KNOW WHAT SINGULAR IS OR DO YOU HAVE TO LOOK IT UP)or maybe you can borrow mr gifs many versions of what the Bible says.
I just love to get a opportunity to use some big words once in awhile when I get to post to someone who has 125 years of Bible study, now find you a Hebrew concordance and see what this word means."chabbuwrah". it means our healing comes through being joined to God spiritually.
the bottom line is that your doctrine of teaching something else ,is flawed, which isnt surprising as any person who reads both of you on this forum can tell.
Healing comes in large part from modern medical science.

If any healing comes through anyone being "joined to God spiritually," study after study -- including studies sponsored by religious organizations -- have failed to show any such correlation.

Stick to name-calling. Actual real world facts are too much.

Location hidden

#409325 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE A LIAR AND YOU KNOW IT.NEITHER OF US HAS SAID ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE OTHER.i COULD LOOK AT OUR EMAILS AND FIND THE EXACT DATES FROM HER TO ME AND ME TO HER.
you are exactly like LTM, as I pointed out after you two came on here. it didnt take me very long to know that you are a skunk and you are showwing it now.
I did look at our emails and they go back to june 24 when we decided to patch things up between us.

again, marge,you are as filthy as your friend LTM

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409326 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>even with you reading the Truth that came from the Bible, you still aint got a clue about what was accomplished on the cross and it has nothing to do with physical healings.
which is why, time and time again, I have said that any fool can post verses,but it takes more than that to understand what they mean, and YOU CERTAINLY DONT.
you are as ignorant at 78 as you were at 2 or 3.
~~~

That sir is a compliment.

for Jesus said

Mat_18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

___

Call me what ever you wish...I an 78 but I am enjoying good health from trusting God's word...in my second Child Hood...LOL

I may be considered ignorant, By UNBELIEVERS... SUCH AS YOUR SELF..

I am not foolish enough that I would ignore or refuse MY HEAVENLY

FATHERS GIFTS.

In all probability I will out live you.

I am at peace with God....and myself..

I refuse to be offended..That alone extends

one's life..

I am whom God says I am

and that is what is important to me.

So while you waste your time castigating me and My wife..

and letting some other person be free from you bulling,

We are enjoying God's blessing..

You fulfill God's word for us...

that says...

Luk_6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Blessings

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Gee-Tee 8,696
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 2 hr Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 4 hr Doc Proper 12
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 23 hr kent 83,899
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web