Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
394,241 - 394,260 of 536,866 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>but only if they are Saved, God doesnt care about the flesh if the soul is not addressed first.
show me this verse in the bible.
Those who don't believe and obey can expect to be sick.LOL, THEY ARE ALREADY SICK, IN THE FIRST PLACE. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.
or are you acting like the heathen the sda cultist?
And while we were sinners Jesus died for us.
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
I hope you don't use the term "saving faith" cause it ain't in the bible.
You keep saying "should". What if a person is morally upright, rarely sinning, does all the things you think a Christian should do, but fails to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, etc. What do you say to someone who lives their whole life providing this evidence you refer to and then falls into sin? What if the evidence isn't to your satisfaction?
No. St. James clearly says works are necessary, faith alone is not enough.
Works PROVE the faith. "Without faith YOU CAN DO NOTHING."
KayMarie
What do bad works, like gossiping about the sins of others on a public forum, prove?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

who="Michael"
....and when millions of NON CHRISTIANS do good deeds, they do them simply because they are good people.

They will get their reward HERE. God doesn't ignore such things.

KM
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you will have no disagreement with any Chrsitian on here about that.
satan still doesnt have full control over every person
atemcowboy says....

....satan still doesnt have full control over every person.

Michael says..

...If God is all powerful and created ALL!, and God created Satan, and Satan is bad news, why has God not done away with the Satan he created?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
We thinks it's beautiful also.
Our mountains are not as big as the Rockies,but we love them.
I am a coal miners daughter.
All of my kinfolk settled in the mountains of South Eastern Ky and North Eastern Tennessee.
Most settled in Ky though.
I love the smell of coal burning,it reminds me of the old homeplace.
We haven't had any snow except or a spitting.
That volcano was a doozy,I remember it well.The ashes traveled all the way to our area.
I sure am glad I wasn't there when it erupted.
All downtown Vancouver B.C. was covered in white ash from the volcano. I had Uncles killed in the coal mines in Minto . As well as the Springhill Mine disaster. I wasn't born yet though.
chuck

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we're taught that divorce and remarriage is adultery, yet many OSAS protestants don't believe that. Most OSAS protestants don't confess their sins to one another. Are there defined ways you must act or things you must do so that other OSAS folks can identify you as "saved"?
so a Christian who goes through divorce and remarriage can never receive forgiveness?

have you sinned yet this week?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LIKE YOU . rrrigght who is taking strong pain killers for pain .
a percoset 5 is strong pain killers. yeah sure right.lol@u.

so maybe I should smoke pot like your friend marge?

even my doctor knows that they arent strong enough.

considering I have a pinched nerve ,to go along with the shingles, that sends pain down both legs.

But I get along, and I dont LIE LIKE YOU CONSTANTLY.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>having a heart attack isnt trivial if you really did have one.
and yes, I do beleive that He was looking out for my Problem. I had a vision about me being anointed by my friend and his wife plus another man. and on the other end, Tom had also had a vision about the blockage and how God was going to remove it.
and since jUNE, I have had no pain in my chest.
and I praise God for his goodness and his mercy towards me.
and some day, mike, when something happens to you, remember me, I will be here, and offer up Prayer for you, no matter how obnoxious that you are now.
I had a heart attack January 27, 2008. I thank the hard working doctors and nurses everyday, without them, I wouldn't be here today.

If you believe God fixed your heart, why hasn't he fixed your crooked fingers you so often tell us about?

Pray tonight asking God to straighten your withered fingers and guranteed they will be still crooked tomorrow.

Seriously!, even I will pray tonight to God almighty with all sincerity that your fingers will be totally straight.

Tell me the results tomorrow.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme, correct me if I am wrong, but weren't you born into an orthodox family?
If you were not, do you honestly believe you would be orthodox today, or would you most likely be honoring the religious belief your families religion that they practice?
Love of Jesus or love of Allah as two examples only, are MORE OFTEN determined by ones own family, not by ones free will to discover themselves.
My father is Orthodox. My Mom was Methodist. My grandma was Baptist.I did not return to Orthodoxy until I had explored just about everything. I know I am not typical.I agree when you say so many just march with the family's footsteps.You can tell the difference between them and the free mature choice Christians.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Michael I even too a Buddhiost turn in college.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Healings where faith from another healed them

Matt. 8:5-10 It was the faith of the centurion that healed his own servant. If we apply this today those who have enough faith for their own healing can apply it to everyone else to be healed.

Mk.5:35-43The daughter of Jairus was healed from the fathers faith

Mk.2:5 Jesus healed the paralytic not because of his faith but of the four men who carried him.

Lk.17:11-19 Jesus healed all 10 but only one obeyed showing that he was the only one to possess true saving faith.

Jn.11 Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead certainly it wasn’t Lazarus’ faith he was dead, neither did anyone else believe it could occur then. It was done so they could believe.(also Lk8:54).

Lk.8:26-39 The demoniac of Gadarene was healed without asking before he was capable of expressing his faith.

Lk.2:50-51 Jn.18:10 When peter cut of the ear of Malchus Jesus healed him without any faith present.

The Bible records Jesus doing more miracles without anyone exercising faith then with their faith. He fed the 5,000 when they could not believe.(Lk.9:13-14 Mt.14:17) even after they had seen his provision they disbelieved again for the feeding of the 4,000 (Mt.15:33). So when so- called faith teachers tell people their healing did not come because of their faith, its false. If God depended on man for a certain faith to be healed or rescued we all would be looking to ourselves for the power instead of relying on God. This is man centered and has nothing to do with the real faith delivered to the saints once and for all(Jude 3).

Jesus performed miracles even with disbelief among the disciples. The disciples could heal a boy of epilepsy unable to cast the demon out of a boy (Mt.17:14-21) he proceeds to do this and rebukes them for their unbelief, saying they need to pray and fast to see God move. In other words you can’t just depend on the authority given to you, we need to depend on God.

In Mt.13:58 we are told "he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith, however he did lay hands on a few sick people and healed them Mk.6:5.

Of the 35 miracles recorded in the Gospel accounts the faith of the recipient is exercise in only10 of the accounts. Healing of the lame man (Jn.5:1-9) the cleansing of a leper (Mt.8:2-4) healing a mans withered hand (Mt.9:2-8) the healing of the man born blind (Jn.9:1-7) healing the blindness of Bartemaeus (Mt.20:29-34) The women who had a blood flow (Mt.9:20-22; Mk.5:24-34) Peter who walked on water to Jesus (Mt.14:24-33) the miraculous catching of the fish (Lk.5:1-11) and the second miraculous catch (Jn.21:1-11) The cleansing of the 10 lepers of which only one had faith (Lk.17:11-19)
chuck

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and all of this time, I thought you were on a vacation traveling
lol....yeah

wonder how that happens. I"m definitely not a computer guy.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a person today claiming to be an apostle...that is not happening....
Are you "God"?

So you speak for "God"?

Why do you limit "God"?

Yep - Self, huh?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

who="chuck"
fall back in sin?????? not sure I follow.

Some divorced people have been abandoned by a spouse. They may not be guilty so far as divorce is concerned. Jesus said plainly...except for fornication/adultery.

KM
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
if we are Christians it is Christ working through us to accomplish goods works..Christ
you on the other hand believe you are accomplishing good works because you have to for salvation.....which 're- defines grace.
btw...I"m on my Kindle so not sure why it says I"m in CA
I'm on my new iPhone, I have no idea where it says I am.

What about when you do bad things? Is that Christ working in you as well?

Isn't it grace that helps you to do good works, not operates you like strings on a puppet? We believe in grace like you do, but we also believe we're required to respond to God's grace, it isn't automatic. We receive grace in the sacraments, and even when we pray. It isn't just a one time event.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Brad Pitt and Angelina Joli are really a beautiful couple,I thought maybe they are your children.LOL.
Hermi and I would have had to be 8 and 10...lol
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Acts 5:15 "They brought the sick out into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall (overshadow them) on some of them." But he never made it a ministry nor do we hear of this becoming a practice by the Apostles. And he did not charge a fee for this either. It wouldn’t surprise me if we see this being revived and promoted today. Once again this involves an apostle and he’s there present with them . It has to do with his presence as an apostle. What causes a shadow to come over another person? The shadow was cast by Peter leaning over them. It does not say they were healed by his shadow, they were wanting him to come near.

Rom.8:15 We live in a fallen world until the time of restoration, so for one to say all must be healed now they are ignoring the context of the greater portion of Scripture. What the faith teachers are doing is not dividing the word correctly. They are applying millennial blessings to us now, they think by faith we can obtain everything scripture says. That all the promises of God are yea and amen. this is true but they are not always for every believer and their is Gods timing in it as well. Why claim only a physical healing with your faith? There is the scriptural promise of a new body so that we will never die. They should go all the way with their faith and claim this as well. But this is not rational to do. Because as we can see there is a timing, it is dependent on God to make this happen. No amount of faith will bring the desired result of our escaping death.

Don't think you are being neglected by the Holy Spirit if you believed and didn't get healed. Don't become guilt ridden thinking that the Lord is against you. Don't conclude that because you have not been healed that you have an absence of faith or some secret sin that prevents your healing. You just might have God's glory resting on you for a special purpose.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....yeah
wonder how that happens. I"m definitely not a computer guy.
R U superman, now you are in Ca. look Robert F up while you are out there.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Always trust in what the Bible says not what man says.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

</quoted text>Those who SAY they believe, but do not, likely will meet some resistance.
Look like you are heading "for resistance" because you don't believe Jesus when he says "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" or any of these teachings.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
</quoted text>God's mercy is greater than we can fathom.
How do you know these things "of God"?

Are you a new "Apostle" that Anthony says are not able to be?

I think you are dishonest, misleading and trying to save face for some purpose other than "God" when you only believe what men have told you to believe.

Please provide a citation to you "knowing what God does and doesn't do".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••