Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,799
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409246 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>laughing. you are getting schooled good today. read 1 Peter 5:1.
lol....

Forgot to add....

And chosen to be a WITNESS...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409247 Dec 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Wrong. Marge, a fellow OSASer, says that Jesus was talking to Christians. That is true. Yet Jesus says even though they said "Lord, Lord" ,(only people of faith say that right?), they would suffer eternally if they didn't perform works of mercy.
You keep saying faith alone. Jesus and St. James say NOT faith alone.

Jesus said to those, "Depart from Me. I NEVER KNEW YOU." They had never been saved.

KM
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409248 Dec 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Truth"
We do have PHYSICAL HEALING, KayMarie:
James 5:14-16
14 Is anyone among you sick?~~~~~Let them call the ELDERS of the church to PRAY OVER THEM and ANOINT THEM WITH OIL in the name of the Lord.~~~~~
15 [[[[[And the PRAYER offered in faith will make the sick person well;]]]]] the Lord will RAISE them up.***If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.***
16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and PRAY for each other so that you may be healed.[[[[[The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.]]]]]
THE PRAYER OF A RIGHTEOUS PERSON IS POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE.
Elders....it doesn't say apostles....
Elder: presbyter...as in the ministry of the laying on of hands. Senior citizen; retired person, etc. No difference...except that all 'seniors' are not apostles.
KM
Wrong...there are differences...

#409249 Dec 13, 2012
who="chuck"
fall back in sin?????? not sure I follow.

A divorced person MAY NOT have been guilty. The church once shut the door on divorced people, not even allowing them to participate.
GOD knows the circumstances; it is not for us to judge.

KayMarie

#409250 Dec 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
I hope you don't use the term "saving faith" cause it ain't in the bible.
You keep saying "should". What if a person is morally upright, rarely sinning, does all the things you think a Christian should do, but fails to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, etc. What do you say to someone who lives their whole life providing this evidence you refer to and then falls into sin? What if the evidence isn't to your satisfaction?
No. St. James clearly says works are necessary, faith alone is not enough.

Works PROVE the faith. "Without faith YOU CAN DO NOTHING."

KayMarie

#409251 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"
Wrong...there are differences...

Differences being...???

KM
Anthony MN

United States

#409252 Dec 13, 2012
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
yes because I don`t like to redefine grace with my works
So the other OSASer, 4gvn, says that good works SHOULD follow as evidence of being saved, and you feel it's just a maybe, but it doesn't really matter? Isn't it grace that works in us to do good works?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409253 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
Like I told your husband, you should never have went to a hospital, you should have went to benny hinn.
as for me, when the Doctor told me that He couldnt help me, I told him that I knew one that could, AND HE DID, NOR WAS I PUNISHED BECAUSE I SAW DOCTORS FIRST.
and while laying in bed last night. I thought about this.
the last time I saw a doctor about my heart, he said there was no evidence that I had ever had a heart attack in the past.
well I know that I had, I saw the ekg that showed the MI around 5 years ago,and I was healed so completely that even the old scars were taken away
Preston says...

....well I know that I had, I saw the ekg that showed the MI around 5 years ago,and I was healed so completely that even the old scars were taken away.

Michael says...

...What are you bragging about now that you are special and anyone outside your faith would be dead by now from their next heart attack.

I had a heart attack 5 years ago. There are no signs that I have had a heart attack. Attributed to good doctor/nurse care.

During the next 24 hours thousands of devoted american catholics will die. Many pre-maturely, many from horrible accidents, or cancer, heart disease, diabetes etc. Get over yourself.

30,000 children starve to death every day in our world, and you honestly believe God is looking out for your trivial problem.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409254 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When Christians do good deeds, it says...
"Let the beauty of Jesus be SEEN in you!"
....and when millions of NON CHRISTIANS do good deeds, they do them simply because they are good people.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#409255 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
lol......
love you, Cowboy....
here you go....
Peter is writing as an APOSTLE and an ELDER....
Hank, I knew that, and I wanted you to see that.in our churches today, Our elders are those who have been in Christ for many years.Or those who have been appointed to those offices, by God or the church.

even ministers that are not Pastors can lay hands on someone who is sick. I was doing that almost as soon as I was saved. in fact, my Pastor called me a Prayer Master, not just a Warrior, and I was speechless.

to be honest, you are missing out on a lot of spiritual Experiences by being in the church that you attend, and I am not trying to insult you.your church wants to try and Limit God and He knows not our limitations.

however, If your church doesnt wish to see how Great he is, he will walk on by your church and visit the one down the street that does want and need Him.

I remember our former Lt Governor, who told people in Columbus that yes, God loves other churches but he visits his first, every sunday.that is the desire and attitude that all of us should exhibit, that we KNOW that God comes to our Worship Services
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409256 Dec 13, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Great question there,Cowboy Bob.Sounds like I am a blowhard but I truly have read through the philosophers from Socrates to Sartre.I have read the pro and con arguments re God.I then moved to theology.(Remember this is over a lifetime) I read theologians of various denominations. I concluded that faith is just as strong an instrument to know God and reason is an instrumenty to know philosophical Truth.This was not based on emotion.It is analytical thinking. Reason is a poor poor instrument to know God. So is Science. Science cannot explore the spiritual dimension.This is the best way can explain it.A long time ago a dude named Justin Martyr said philosophers have part of the Truth but to fully know the Truth you have to turn to Christianity.The Cappadocians saw it the same way.So does little ole me.
I am sure if a fair minded, open minded person spent several days with a well versed Jewish Rabbi we might understand God in a totally different way that christianity teaches, and one would have to weigh the perponderance of evidence or lack of what suits them in their spiritual journey through life.

More often than not indoctrination plays a big part in the religious life one decides to follow.

Born at 71 Main street anytown america to a loving catholic family would give a different prospective to the family born to a loving Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Atheist family born at 72 Main street anytown america.

Indoctrination is most often the determining factor of how or what God one believes in.
Anthony MN

United States

#409257 Dec 13, 2012
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
fall back in sin?????? not sure I follow.
Well, we're taught that divorce and remarriage is adultery, yet many OSAS protestants don't believe that. Most OSAS protestants don't confess their sins to one another. Are there defined ways you must act or things you must do so that other OSAS folks can identify you as "saved"?
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#409258 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So the other OSASer, 4gvn, says that good works SHOULD follow as evidence of being saved, and you feel it's just a maybe, but it doesn't really matter? Isn't it grace that works in us to do good works?
if we are Christians it is Christ working through us to accomplish goods works..Christ

you on the other hand believe you are accomplishing good works because you have to for salvation.....which 're- defines grace.

btw...I"m on my Kindle so not sure why it says I"m in CA
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#409259 Dec 13, 2012
I mean VA
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409260 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>just stay with the thread, you made the statement, now prove it
Those who don't believe and obey can expect to be sick
LIKE YOU . rrrigght who is taking strong pain killers for pain .

Location hidden

#409261 Dec 13, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston says...
....well I know that I had, I saw the ekg that showed the MI around 5 years ago,and I was healed so completely that even the old scars were taken away.
Michael says...
...What are you bragging about now that you are special and anyone outside your faith would be dead by now from their next heart attack.
I had a heart attack 5 years ago. There are no signs that I have had a heart attack. Attributed to good doctor/nurse care.
During the next 24 hours thousands of devoted american catholics will die. Many pre-maturely, many from horrible accidents, or cancer, heart disease, diabetes etc. Get over yourself.
30,000 children starve to death every day in our world, and you honestly believe God is looking out for your trivial problem.
having a heart attack isnt trivial if you really did have one.

and yes, I do beleive that He was looking out for my Problem. I had a vision about me being anointed by my friend and his wife plus another man. and on the other end, Tom had also had a vision about the blockage and how God was going to remove it.

and since jUNE, I have had no pain in my chest.

and I praise God for his goodness and his mercy towards me.

and some day, mike, when something happens to you, remember me, I will be here, and offer up Prayer for you, no matter how obnoxious that you are now.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#409262 Dec 13, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh they are beautiful also FOL, do you have a lot of snow.
I was born in Minto a coal mining town in St.John, N.B. Canada I lived in Vancouver B.C. for awhile.
2 weeks after we left Mount St.Helens blew. I saw that movie Dante's Peak and that is all I thought about when I was there LOL.
We thinks it's beautiful also.
Our mountains are not as big as the Rockies,but we love them.

I am a coal miners daughter.
All of my kinfolk settled in the mountains of South Eastern Ky and North Eastern Tennessee.
Most settled in Ky though.

I love the smell of coal burning,it reminds me of the old homeplace.
We haven't had any snow except or a spitting.

That volcano was a doozy,I remember it well.The ashes traveled all the way to our area.

I sure am glad I wasn't there when it erupted.

Location hidden

#409263 Dec 13, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....and when millions of NON CHRISTIANS do good deeds, they do them simply because they are good people.
you will have no disagreement with any Chrsitian on here about that.

satan still doesnt have full control over every person

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#409264 Dec 13, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>----
Cowboy. I have posted a pic of myself and Seraphima
You two remind me of another couple,lol.
Anthony MN

United States

#409265 Dec 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Wrong. Marge, a fellow OSASer, says that Jesus was talking to Christians. That is true. Yet Jesus says even though they said "Lord, Lord" ,(only people of faith say that right?), they would suffer eternally if they didn't perform works of mercy.
You keep saying faith alone. Jesus and St. James say NOT faith alone.
Jesus said to those, "Depart from Me. I NEVER KNEW YOU." They had never been saved.
KM
Marge says they were Christians. The were in fact His followers . They called to Him "Lord, Lord". He said He never knew them because they didn't see Him in the poor and hungry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 6 hr Jaimie 83,900
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... 16 hr John 4
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Mr Sir 8,699
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Sun Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Sun Doc Proper 12
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
More from around the web