Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,710)

Showing posts 394,181 - 394,200 of529,736
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually St. James doesn't say 'lifestyle', although one could make the case that living in an adulterous relationship by divorcing and re-marrying is in fact a chosen 'lifestyle'. He says 'works'. Doing good deeds...helping the poor, feeding the hungry, etc.
Yes, St. James is 'adding' works. He asks rhetorically "What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he has faith, but has not works? Shall faith be able to save him?" The answer is of course no.
No, Anthony, what he is saying is that if your walk doesn't match your talk, something is wrong. He is saying that true faith, biblical faith, PRODUCES a change in our very nature that is visable to the world. If we 'say' we haave faith; if we 'say' that we have been changed; THEN there should be evidence of that change. If we 'SAY' that we are 'Christians'(FOLLOWERS of Christ) we should be following. The WORKS(evidence of a changed life) don't save us, ONLY JESUS can do that. But the WORKS do provide evidence and lend credibilaty to our testamony.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

who="Truth"
We do have PHYSICAL HEALING, KayMarie:
James 5:14-16
14 Is anyone among you sick?~~~~~Let them call the ELDERS of the church to PRAY OVER THEM and ANOINT THEM WITH OIL in the name of the Lord.~~~~~
15 [[[[[And the PRAYER offered in faith will make the sick person well;]]]]] the Lord will RAISE them up.***If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.***
16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and PRAY for each other so that you may be healed.[[[[[The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.]]]]]
THE PRAYER OF A RIGHTEOUS PERSON IS POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE.
Elders....it doesn't say apostles....

Elder: presbyter...as in the ministry of the laying on of hands. Senior citizen; retired person, etc. No difference...except that all 'seniors' are not apostles.

KM

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION
Do you believe that it is god's will for a person to be sick?
the Bible gives us an example of it beeing Gods will, and Jesus healed him so that he might be revealed and glorified.

dont go there, kay, that is sick. sickness is not taken out of this world and God is not to be blamed for our mistakes sometimes as Hank has just said.

people have worked in coal mines and got Black lung, a form of pneumonia. they did what they could to make a living and support their families, and probably many were and are Christians.

so just dont go there.

the Bible says that it isnt His will that any should perish, that again deals with sin, not physical healings. SIN!!!!!!
William

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

I am glad the Pope said this, even more glad he is being attacked for it. Jesus said "If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first." John 15:18 Of all the Christian denominations the Catholic Church,(not a denomination as it IS the Church Jesus started) is hated and picked on the most. As for why stay Catholic, there are many reasons but number one to me is the sacred and most Holy Eucharist. If you are Catholic and deny this, the Eucharist, you are denying Christ himself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

who="atemcowboy"laug hing. you are getting schooled good today. read 1 Peter 5:1.

1Pe 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

And what does that mean about whether we receive healing? Peter said: I WITNESSED the sufferings of Christ (on the cross), and I also am a partaker OF THE GLORY that shall be revealed.

Nothing about physical healing...

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
See from these verses:
Mark 9:1
9 And he said to them,“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before ***they ~~~SEE~~~ that the kingdom of God has come with POWER.”***
Acts 2:33
33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and ~~~has poured out what you now see and hear.~~~
SEE and HEAR....
These purposes, as the promise, pertained exclusively to the apostles.
~~~
QUESTION
~~~

I ASK YOU THREE TIMES AND NOW i AS YOU AGAIN

SINCE YOU EVIDENTLY HAVE NO ANSWER I WILL ANSWER MY QUESTION FOR YOUR..

Do you believe that IT GLORIFIES GOD for a person to be sick.

-->IF you believe that it is GOD'S WILL for a person to be sick?

THEN IT WOULD BE A SIN TO GO TO THE DOCTOR...WOULD IT NOT?

It would be going against the will of God.

~~~~~~~~

IF YOUR SICKNESS GLORIFIES GOD...SHOULD YOU NOT ASK GOD

TO MAKE YOU SICKER

SO YOU CAN GLORIFY HIM MORE....INSTEAD OF CALLING FOR PRAYER...
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no, topix allows cussing, at least on other forums, so I would suspect they would on this forum also.oddjg wrote this to karen. on june 27.
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You are the best at making up stories about everyone and everything. If a lie was a penny you would be a multi-millionaire. You know when you hid behind another name like a little bxxxx.
(I X'd THAT LAST WORD OUT.Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
and that wasnt all that he said. as I have said many times, 4bdn issued John a perverted invitation(and If I used the word as to what he is, topix would censor that), and not only did I call him on it but Karen did also.but some of your friends stayed on the sidelines and were afraid to say anything to him
So lets all go back a year ago and see if we can find something to attack. That is all you are about PERCY. You are really pathetic. Old JG is not even here any more an yet you continue to attack and condemn. To what avail? Does that make you feel like less of a worm?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

who="atemcowboy" the Bible gives us an example of it beeing Gods will, and Jesus healed him so that he might be revealed and glorified.
dont go there, kay, that is sick. sickness is not taken out of this world and God is not to be blamed for our mistakes sometimes as Hank has just said.
people have worked in coal mines and got Black lung, a form of pneumonia. they did what they could to make a living and support their families, and probably many were and are Christians.
so just dont go there.
the Bible says that it isnt His will that any should perish, that again deals with sin, not physical healings. SIN!!!!!!

'not His will that any should perish (die)'. Part of my training was going to visit an 86 year old man who was having part of his stomach removed due to cancer. Ordinarily under such circumstances we plan a funeral. I did what I thought at the time; I tried to comfort his daughter with the 'he has lived a good, long life'.

She was furious with me. She declared, "The Bible says that 'it was once appointed unto man to die', but IT DOES NOT SAY THAT HE HAS TO BE SICK TO DIE.

The old man lived a number of years after that. Her prayers were effective.

KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible gives us an example of it beeing Gods will, and Jesus healed him so that he might be revealed and glorified.
so just dont go there.
GOD's will doesnt enter into the factor of illnesses.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

so with this verse, it indicates that illness and sickness will be with us until that time when God comes back.

Godly people are not immune to sickness and pain, and to indicate otherwise plays into the hand of the devil.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible gives us an example of it beeing Gods will, and Jesus healed him so that he might be revealed and glorified.
so just dont go there.
~~~
WARNING ...YOU ARE TREADING UPON DANGEROUS GROUND...

Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

YOU KEEP YOUR GAINSAYING UP ----UNTIL YOU DENY THE HEALING THAT YOU HAVE CLAIMED, TO RECEIVE.

AND ....YOU ARE JUST LIABLE TO FIND YOURSELF BACK AT SQUARE ONE..
OR EVEN WORSE...

JESUS WORDS WERE..

Joh_5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So lets all go back a year ago and see if we can find something to attack. That is all you are about PERCY. You are really pathetic. OddJG is not even here any more an yet you continue to attack and condemn. To what avail? Does that make you feel like less of a worm?
lol, sorry, but she needed to see an example of his filth.

I do wish that I could back back and find your invitation to john concerning your peverted invitation,

BUT YOU AINT WORTH IT. I KNOW YOU SAID IT SO I DONT HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING TO MYSELF ABOUT YOU.LOL.

and how do you know that oddjg isnt here anymore?

were you trolling as him?

I wouldnt be surprised. and maybe you are now BOB doing the same thing?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, KayMarie, as an apostle,(if you believe you are an apostle or think they exist today) do you/anyone else have the POWER to raise the dead???
As an apostle, do you/anyone else have the POWER to heal the sick???
We can always ask Apostle Percy he surely would know. Shoot he might even can walk on water to let's ask him OK !!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
WARNING ...YOU ARE TREADING UPON DANGEROUS GROUND...
warniong. dont b e so stupid.

find me ONE verse where it says that it isnt His will for us to be sick.

BETTER PEOPLE THAN YOU HAVE BEEN SICK AND DIED.MY MOM , FOR INSTANCE, A WOMAN LIKE YOU HAVE PROVEN TO BE COULDNT CARRY HER BIBLE WITHOUT GETTING IT FILTHY. THAT IS THE CONTEMPT THAT I HAVE FOR YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND.

I was there the night she cried out to me that she wanted to go Home, and it wasnt to her house either.

and I got Gods word on how and what kind of Person that she was.

for He said to me" if you are half(getting Blessed now) as faithful to me as your mom, I will be pleased.

all of her life that I spent with her, NOT ONE TIME DID I SEE HER LIE.

AND YOU HAVE ONLY BEEN ON HERE A FEW MONTHS AND HAVE BEEN CAUGHT IN SEVERAL WHOPPERS.

SO DONT WARN ME!WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN SINFUL NATURE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
I ASK YOU THREE TIMES AND NOW i AS YOU AGAIN
SINCE YOU EVIDENTLY HAVE NO ANSWER I WILL ANSWER MY QUESTION FOR YOUR..
Do you believe that IT GLORIFIES GOD for a person to be sick.
-->IF you believe that it is GOD'S WILL for a person to be sick?
THEN IT WOULD BE A SIN TO GO TO THE DOCTOR...WOULD IT NOT?
It would be going against the will of God.
~~~~~~~~
IF YOUR SICKNESS GLORIFIES GOD...SHOULD YOU NOT ASK GOD
TO MAKE YOU SICKER
SO YOU CAN GLORIFY HIM MORE....INSTEAD OF CALLING FOR PRAYER...
Now you are getting rediculous.

God has given us Doctors and nurses to help us in our sicknesses..

He has given them that intelligence.

AW, forget it, you are to stupid to reason with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Like I told your husband, you should never have went to a hospital, you should have went to benny hinn.

as for me, when the Doctor told me that He couldnt help me, I told him that I knew one that could, AND HE DID, NOR WAS I PUNISHED BECAUSE I SAW DOCTORS FIRST.

and while laying in bed last night. I thought about this.

the last time I saw a doctor about my heart, he said there was no evidence that I had ever had a heart attack in the past.

well I know that I had, I saw the ekg that showed the MI around 5 years ago,and I was healed so completely that even the old scars were taken away

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>We can always ask Apostle Percy he surely would know. Shoot he might even can walk on water to let's ask him OK !!!
yeah, I would know, read my previous post, but until you get saved, there will be no healings for you.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

William wrote:
If you are Catholic and deny this, the Eucharist, you are denying Christ himself.
Why do you only accept a portion of Jesus' teachings as authority to what he taught and disregard these?

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, I would know, read my previous post, but until you get saved, there will be no healings for you.
To late Persy there already has been healings for me. Several in fact.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

who="atemcowboy" GOD's will doesnt enter into the factor of illnesses.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
so with this verse, it indicates that illness and sickness will be with us until that time when God comes back.
Godly people are not immune to sickness and pain, and to indicate otherwise plays into the hand of the devil.

"Let them lay hands on the sick, and they shall be healed."
Those who don't believe and obey can expect to be sick.

KayMarie
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, I would know, read my previous post, but until you get saved, there will be no healings for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mRgvYgOJK6g&feature=relat ed

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 394,181 - 394,200 of529,736
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••