Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,867
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#409224 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, I would know, read my previous post, but until you get saved, there will be no healings for you.
To late Persy there already has been healings for me. Several in fact.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409225 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy" GOD's will doesnt enter into the factor of illnesses.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
so with this verse, it indicates that illness and sickness will be with us until that time when God comes back.
Godly people are not immune to sickness and pain, and to indicate otherwise plays into the hand of the devil.

"Let them lay hands on the sick, and they shall be healed."
Those who don't believe and obey can expect to be sick.

KayMarie
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#409226 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, I would know, read my previous post, but until you get saved, there will be no healings for you.
&fe ature=related

#409227 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy" Like I told your husband, you should never have went to a hospital, you should have went to benny hinn.
as for me, when the Doctor told me that He couldnt help me, I told him that I knew one that could, AND HE DID, NOR WAS I PUNISHED BECAUSE I SAW DOCTORS FIRST.
and while laying in bed last night. I thought about this.
the last time I saw a doctor about my heart, he said there was no evidence that I had ever had a heart attack in the past.
well I know that I had, I saw the ekg that showed the MI around 5 years ago,and I was healed so completely that even the old scars were taken away

So YOU went to the doctor, but I should not???

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409229 Dec 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Truth"
See from these verses:
Mark 9:1
9 And he said to them,“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before ***they ~~~SEE~~~ that the kingdom of God has come with POWER.”***
Acts 2:33
33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and ~~~has poured out what you now see and hear.~~~
SEE and HEAR....
These purposes, as the promise, pertained exclusively to the apostles.
The disciples/apostles DID NOT TASTE DEATH before they saw Jesus in His glory on the Mount of Transfiguration...about one week later.
Yes, Jesus poured out the promise (which you now see and hear) on the day of Pentecost...and He is still pouring it out. Try Cornelius, etc. that received the promise.
Apostles.
KayMarie
Two promises at our baptism today is:

the forgiveness of our sins...and,

the "gift of the Holy Spirit/indwelling of the Holy Spirit"

Zechariah 4:6

6 So he said to me,“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:‘NOT by might NOR by power, but by MY SPIRIT,’ says the Lord Almighty.

Acts 2:39

39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—~~~~~for all whom the Lord our God WILL CALL.”~~~~~

Promise....already mentioned in Acts 2:38 and just mentioned as a "GIFT".....a "GIFT" to those who obey....

OBEY WHAT???

The gospel....

How does God call us???

By the gospel....

Responding to the GOSPEL CALL...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409230 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"
How were your brothers raised from the dead???
One of them was born dead (I was there). The other died in my arms during a bout with pneumonia. Prayer/faith made the difference.
I was dying from rheumatic fever when I was three years old. My mother and a Christian doctor were by my side. I saw a vision of heaven; mom said I sang a song about it. My sister said I kept saying, "I see the angels," AND I DID. I can still see that moment.
God is REAL, friends...
KayMarie
You wrote:

Prayer/faith made the difference.

Now, that is what I have been saying....and remember, God's will be done....

Not a person today claiming to be an apostle...that is not happening....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#409231 Dec 13, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>To late Persy there already has been healings for me. Several in fact.
god doesnt heal heathens like you. so tell someone else your lies, I know better.

Location hidden

#409232 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy" GOD's will doesnt enter into the factor of illnesses.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
so with this verse, it indicates that illness and sickness will be with us until that time when God comes back.
Godly people are not immune to sickness and pain, and to indicate otherwise plays into the hand of the devil.
"Let them lay hands on the sick, and they shall be healed."
Those who don't believe and obey can expect to be sick.
KayMarie
but only if they are Saved, God doesnt care about the flesh if the soul is not addressed first.

show me this verse in the bible.

Those who don't believe and obey can expect to be sick.LOL, THEY ARE ALREADY SICK, IN THE FIRST PLACE. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

or are you acting like the heathen the sda cultist?
Anthony MN

United States

#409233 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>All Christians? Yes. All who claim to be Christians? No.
What we believe is that (if) one is truely born anew , he is eternally secure and forever changed.
Shoud there be evidence of a changed life? I have said it for what seems like a thousand times. Yes. Does the evidence save you? NO. We are saved by faith. Nothing more.
Wrong. Marge, a fellow OSASer, says that Jesus was talking to Christians. That is true. Yet Jesus says even though they said "Lord, Lord" ,(only people of faith say that right?), they would suffer eternally if they didn't perform works of mercy.

You keep saying faith alone. Jesus and St. James say NOT faith alone.

Location hidden

#409234 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
i CAN CLAIM IT HANK, BECAUSE GOD TOLD ME THAT i WAS.

and for your church to teach otherwise doesnt mean a thing to God.
I was chosen. I saw the Lord, I was Anointed.

I am one, even if you dont beleive it. you cant prove otherwise and every argument that you try and produce is false.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#409235 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>god doesnt heal heathens like you. so tell someone else your lies, I know better.
Sometimes he leaves a thorn in your side like YOU so to speak.... plus you just broke one of the big ten therefore you have broke them all.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409236 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are greatly mistaken, for peter said it very plainly, this Promise is to you and your children, and their children.
and it is available for those who wish it even today.
that 33 verse was part of the preaching by Peter about JESUS. what are you trying to prove by using it. lets looks at the beginning of this message.
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
sorry, Hank, but according to those words, YOU are not one of His servants, if the HOLY GHOST has not been poured out on you, if you dont prophesy, have visions or dreams.
now that is the Message for all Christians that heed the Words spoken by Peter.and on 8/27/82, God poured out of His Spirit on me and my Experience is Biblical and is Real
Preston,

I NEVER said that we don't receive the Holy Spirit....

We do....it is the "gift of the Holy Spirit"

39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

"Far off"....promised gifts (forgiveness of our sins and the "gift of the Holy Spirit") for all who believe extends even to the Gentiles....and to us today...
chuck

San Jose, CA

#409237 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're not really 'faith alone' are you?

yes because I don`t like to redefine grace with my works

#409238 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy" but only if they are Saved, God doesnt care about the flesh if the soul is not addressed first.
show me this verse in the bible.
Those who don't believe and obey can expect to be sick.LOL, THEY ARE ALREADY SICK, IN THE FIRST PLACE. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.
or are you acting like the heathen the sda cultist?

Jesus does sometimes heal the unsaved to help them to trust Him.(I've known a lot who got saved first...then KNEW/believed in Jesus. Those who SAY they believe, but do not, likely will meet some resistance.
God's mercy is greater than we can fathom.

Location hidden

#409239 Dec 13, 2012
look closely at this and see if you see what is wrong.
Introduction

Are there apostles today? Many would answer that question with a resounding - Yes. They would tell us that there are not only apostles today, but that we should expect that God will, in these last days, raise up super apostles.

We don’t, however, want to base our beliefs on what someone may have told us, but on what scripture teaches. What does the Bible have to say on this subject? Are there apostles today? In this booklet we shall seek to answer this question.

SO I SHALL POINT IT OUT FOR HANK.

FIRST HE SAYS THAT
What does the Bible have to say on this subject?

AND NOW THIS RESPONSE.In this booklet we shall seek to answer this question.

THIS MAN, I DONT NEED TO READ ANY FURTHER. HE WANTS TO SAY WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY, AND THEN HE IS GOING TO SOME BOOKLET TO PROVE OR DISPROVE
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#409240 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you believe a person who is saved, yet falls into sin, like re-marrying after a divorce, is really saved?
fall back in sin?????? not sure I follow.

Location hidden

#409241 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston,
I NEVER said that we don't receive the Holy Spirit....
We do....it is the "gift of the Holy Spirit"
39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
"Far off"....promised gifts (forgiveness of our sins and the "gift of the Holy Spirit") for all who believe extends even to the Gentiles....and to us today...
now you are changing the thread.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409242 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>laughing. you are getting schooled good today. read 1 Peter 5:1.
lol......

love you, Cowboy....

here you go....

Peter is writing as an APOSTLE and an ELDER....
Anthony MN

United States

#409243 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>No, Anthony, what he is saying is that if your walk doesn't match your talk, something is wrong. He is saying that true faith, biblical faith, PRODUCES a change in our very nature that is visable to the world. If we 'say' we haave faith; if we 'say' that we have been changed; THEN there should be evidence of that change. If we 'SAY' that we are 'Christians'(FOLLOWERS of Christ) we should be following. The WORKS(evidence of a changed life) don't save us, ONLY JESUS can do that. But the WORKS do provide evidence and lend credibilaty to our testamony.
I hope you don't use the term "saving faith" cause it ain't in the bible.

You keep saying "should". What if a person is morally upright, rarely sinning, does all the things you think a Christian should do, but fails to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, etc. What do you say to someone who lives their whole life providing this evidence you refer to and then falls into sin? What if the evidence isn't to your satisfaction?

No. St. James clearly says works are necessary, faith alone is not enough.

#409244 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"
You wrote:

Blessed is he that believes and has not seen...

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Scales Off 8,630
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... 7 hr pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) 8 hr God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' Nov 23 RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Nov 21 KidlatNgayon 65

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE