Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,709)

Showing posts 394,161 - 394,180 of529,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

who="Truth"
How were your brothers raised from the dead???

One of them was born dead (I was there). The other died in my arms during a bout with pneumonia. Prayer/faith made the difference.

I was dying from rheumatic fever when I was three years old. My mother and a Christian doctor were by my side. I saw a vision of heaven; mom said I sang a song about it. My sister said I kept saying, "I see the angels," AND I DID. I can still see that moment.

God is REAL, friends...

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Truth"
OK...if there are apostles today that have the POWER to heal the sick....
Why do we have HEALTH INSURANCE???
Why do we have NURSES???
Why do we have DOCTORS???
Why do we have EMS workers with ambulances???
Why do we still have HOSPITALS???
Why are there still diseases???
Today, it is the POWER OF PRAYER and God's will...not apostles....
Because we don't exercise FAITH. I don't do it enough, but it WORKS.
I started to the hospital in an ambulance last June. The pain was unbearable. The EMT was doing an EKG on me. I began to sing ALOUD, How Great Thou Art. The EMT's joined in with me, and after one verse, my pain was gone. The EMT doing the EKG said that the EKG showed when the pain left.
You are encouraging me to 'work the works of Him Who sent me'. John 6:29 "THIS is the WORK of God, that you BELIEVE on Him Who sent ME.
Apostles learn that faith never gives up...and FAITH WORKS BY LOVE. If you are bitter and unforgiving, you hinder your faith.
KayMarie
Faith/belief along with the POWER OF PRAYER....and God's will be done....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"if a man say he has faith, but has not works? Shall faith be able to save him?"
***If a man says he has faith in Christ and he really doesn't, won't it eventually be apparent to the folks around him. He's not truly saved. No different than waht Jesus said," I never knew you"..
That's not what he says. He says nothing about whether 'he really doesn't', he says faith alone doesn't save. You have to have good works too.

You keep trying to insert 'the lifestyle' thing into this, when St. James is specific about 'works' like feeding the hungry and clothing the naked. Living a clean, moral like is important, but doing good works is the necessary component to faith.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>It is a foolish and wrong analysis to believe that the Jewish people 'planned' to deny the Messiah as you are implying. The Jews simply did not understand that there are TWO advents of the Mesiah foretold in the scriptures. The Jews were looking for the second and not the first. They want conquering King to deliver them from bondage and oppression. They were not looking for a LAMB but a LION. They were not looking for a 'suffering Saviour'. Your reasoning is predjudicial and flawed.
4GVN good friend

You might be right....But then you would not believe in morale, or esprit decor. And that the Jews did not have an esprit decor for their religion/relationship with God....

And by your reasoning, once Jesus came, died, and was ressurrected all Jews must believe he is the Messiah. And we know they don't. But persecuted them as did the Gentiles. Why? Esprit decor....

Similarly, you don't believe Catholics are Christians..., and you want everyone to believe in your way of interpretting the Bible.

Lets face it, we all have that problem. But Jesus came already and set us free from that problem....And Paul in Galatians 3:28 states,

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

I think there is a rather definite wall building effort made by Satan, that seeks to divide and isolate people. And it can easily be seen here by those that try to tear down the wall, and those who build it up....

Lets not kid ourselves into thinking there are not some among us here that try to drive each other farther apart.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
See from these verses:
Mark 9:1
9 And he said to them,“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before ***they ~~~SEE~~~ that the kingdom of God has come with POWER.”***
Acts 2:33
33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and ~~~has poured out what you now see and hear.~~~
SEE and HEAR....
These purposes, as the promise, pertained exclusively to the apostles.
~~~

QUESTION

Do you believe that it is god's will for a person to be sick?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

who="Truth"
See from these verses:
9 And he said to them,“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before ***they ~~~SEE~~~ that the kingdom of God has come with POWER.”***
33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and ~~~has poured out what you now see and hear.~~~
SEE and HEAR....

The disciples/apostles DID NOT TASTE DEATH before they saw Jesus in His glory on the Mount of Transfiguration...about one week later.

Yes, Jesus poured out the promise (which you now see and hear) on the day of Pentecost...and He is still pouring it out. Try Cornelius, etc. that received the promise.

Apostles.

KayMarie
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime we do not do something God requires of us, we miss out on His grace and His blessings.
Doyou mean like attending His church?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
See from these verses:
9 And he said to them,“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before ***they ~~~SEE~~~ that the kingdom of God has come with POWER.”*already fulfilled and the desciples didnt undestand what He was saying, they thought that one would not die. so please dont add to those wordds.
SEE and HEAR....
No, you are greatly mistaken, for peter said it very plainly, this Promise is to you and your children, and their children.
and it is available for those who wish it even today.
that 33 verse was part of the preaching by Peter about JESUS. what are you trying to prove by using it. lets looks at the beginning of this message.
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
sorry, Hank, but according to those words, YOU are not one of His servants, if the HOLY GHOST has not been poured out on you, if you dont prophesy, have visions or dreams.
now that is the Message for all Christians that heed the Words spoken by Peter.and on 8/27/82, God poured out of His Spirit on me and my Experience is Biblical and is Real

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your response.That is good news about your home state.I hope someday we can move from here,but it does not look like it is ever going to happen.
Grass is not always greener somewhere else,but people find out that they are better off iin one new found place.
Thank God for good friends.And I also like Sirach and the Book of Wisdom.
Pad good friend

And may God bless and keep you.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

onfrinting with the word wrote:
who="Truth"
In other words, KayMarie, as an apostle,(if you believe you are an apostle or think they exist today) do you/anyone else have the POWER to raise the dead???
As an apostle, do you/anyone else have the POWER to heal the sick???
Apostles exist today. They do have the power to heal the sick, and raise the dead. It happens, not as much as it ought, because WE DO NOT EXERCISE that sort of faith. I have seen it.
Heb. 11:1 Now faith IS the substance of things hoped for (expected is a better translation); the EVIDENCE of things not seen.
KayMarie
Oh my....have you been misled....
~~~
So you say that the Bible has lied... Right?
For you.... God might as well not exist...
are you sure you are not and atheist?
What is it in the bible... that you don't deny? anyway
First You deny the existence of the Holy Ghost power today and believe that God evicted Him from the church..
Now you deny the that there are men today that are
gifts to the church...
1Co_12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
Heb 4:2 For unto us also it hath been declared in like manner as unto them. But the word of hearing did not profit them, not being mixed with faith of those things they heard.
We do have PHYSICAL HEALING, KayMarie:

James 5:14-16

14 Is anyone among you sick?~~~~~Let them call the ELDERS of the church to PRAY OVER THEM and ANOINT THEM WITH OIL in the name of the Lord.~~~~~

15 [[[[[And the PRAYER offered in faith will make the sick person well;]]]]] the Lord will RAISE them up.***If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.***

16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and PRAY for each other so that you may be healed.[[[[[The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.]]]]]

THE PRAYER OF A RIGHTEOUS PERSON IS POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE.

Elders....it doesn't say apostles....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
See from these verses:
SEE and HEAR....

~~~

QUESTION

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Meaning of the Dead Sea Scrolls
http://books.google.com/books...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

who="Truth"
Genesis 15:6
6 Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness.
Did Abraham become a believer because he was circumcised???
No. Abraham was circumcised BECAUSE he was a believer.
KayMarie
KayMarie good friend

I think your right....
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is telling Christians that He will send them to everlasting punishment for not taking care of the least of His brothers. Don't you believe ALL Christians are going to heaven no matter what?
All Christians? Yes. All who claim to be Christians? No.
What we believe is that (if) one is truely born anew , he is eternally secure and forever changed.
Shoud there be evidence of a changed life? I have said it for what seems like a thousand times. Yes. Does the evidence save you? NO. We are saved by faith. Nothing more.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION
God doesn't cause people to get sick....

People get sick because of their own behaviors....

Examples:

Smoking causes what??? Cancer....you own stupidity......

Working in a coal mine??? Cancer....RISK....

Having the gene for cancer??? Possibly the result of your ancestor's behavior....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

who="atemcowboy"lol, so WHO ddo you think gve these nurses and doctors the intellignece to do these jobs.
the answer is simple GOD.
we have diseases because we have them, no simple answer.even tho this answer will not be accepted by gif and his wife, jesus died for our sins, not any physical healings, since He healed PEOPLE BEFORE HE DIED.
AND I HOPE NEITHER OF THEM CALL ME ON THIS BECAUSE I DONT WISH TO ACT LIKE I AM MUCH SMARTER THAT THEY ARE WITH THEIR 125 YEARS OF STUDYING
Isaiah and Peter both say, "By His stripes we WERE/ARE HEALED.
KM
WRONG.

HE BORE OUR SINS ON THAT CROSS, NOT OUR HEALINGS. THE WORD STRIP IN GREEK IS SINGULAR, HE WAS STRUCK ONCE AND HE DIED ONCE FOR OUR SINS.YOU SHOULHAVE KNOWN THAT. IT IS VERY SIMPLE AND PART OF OUR FAITH. TO INDICATE THAT WE ARE HEALED PHYSICALLY IS WRONG.

FOR WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF bLOOD, THER IS NO REMISSION OF SIN.

see that, no mention of a physical healing.

not only that, the words of is. were already fulfilled when He was alive

“When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:“He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses.”

this occurred before he bore our sins on the cross.

in the book of Romans 4:25: where the context is Jesus suffering for our sins. The Greek term `healing’ deals with sin, not healing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

who="4GVN"Doyou mean like attending His church?

Hebrews 10:25 "Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together...for if we SIN WILLFULLY after we have received the truth..."

KM

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
14 Is anyone among you sick?~~~~~Let them call the ELDERS of the church to PRAY OVER THEM and ANOINT THEM WITH OIL in the name of the Lord.~~~~~
15 [[[[[And the PRAYER offered in faith will make the sick person well;]]]]] the Lord will RAISE them up.***If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.***
16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and PRAY for each other so that you may be healed.[[[[[The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.]]]]]
laughing. you are getting schooled good today. read 1 Peter 5:1.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT IT IS GOD'S WILL FOR A PERSON TO BE SICK?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are cool with keeping ID out of the classroom, sharing public property, and keeping religious laws out of our country's laws, then we are golden! As long as you are not infringing on the rights of others, I will do my best that no one infringes on yours.
I will protest and protect your right to not be infringed upon

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 394,161 - 394,180 of529,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••