Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603268 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409200 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is telling Christians that He will send them to everlasting punishment for not taking care of the least of His brothers. Don't you believe ALL Christians are going to heaven no matter what?
All Christians? Yes. All who claim to be Christians? No.
What we believe is that (if) one is truely born anew , he is eternally secure and forever changed.
Shoud there be evidence of a changed life? I have said it for what seems like a thousand times. Yes. Does the evidence save you? NO. We are saved by faith. Nothing more.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409201 Dec 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION
Do you believe that it is god's will for a person to be sick?
God doesn't cause people to get sick....

People get sick because of their own behaviors....

Examples:

Smoking causes what??? Cancer....you own stupidity......

Working in a coal mine??? Cancer....RISK....

Having the gene for cancer??? Possibly the result of your ancestor's behavior....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#409202 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy"lol, so WHO ddo you think gve these nurses and doctors the intellignece to do these jobs.
the answer is simple GOD.
we have diseases because we have them, no simple answer.even tho this answer will not be accepted by gif and his wife, jesus died for our sins, not any physical healings, since He healed PEOPLE BEFORE HE DIED.
AND I HOPE NEITHER OF THEM CALL ME ON THIS BECAUSE I DONT WISH TO ACT LIKE I AM MUCH SMARTER THAT THEY ARE WITH THEIR 125 YEARS OF STUDYING
Isaiah and Peter both say, "By His stripes we WERE/ARE HEALED.
KM
WRONG.

HE BORE OUR SINS ON THAT CROSS, NOT OUR HEALINGS. THE WORD STRIP IN GREEK IS SINGULAR, HE WAS STRUCK ONCE AND HE DIED ONCE FOR OUR SINS.YOU SHOULHAVE KNOWN THAT. IT IS VERY SIMPLE AND PART OF OUR FAITH. TO INDICATE THAT WE ARE HEALED PHYSICALLY IS WRONG.

FOR WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF bLOOD, THER IS NO REMISSION OF SIN.

see that, no mention of a physical healing.

not only that, the words of is. were already fulfilled when He was alive

“When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:“He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses.”

this occurred before he bore our sins on the cross.

in the book of Romans 4:25: where the context is Jesus suffering for our sins. The Greek term `healing’ deals with sin, not healing

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#409203 Dec 13, 2012
who="4GVN"Doyou mean like attending His church?

Hebrews 10:25 "Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together...for if we SIN WILLFULLY after we have received the truth..."

KM

Location hidden

#409204 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have PHYSICAL HEALING, KayMarie:
James 5:14-16
14 Is anyone among you sick?~~~~~Let them call the ELDERS of the church to PRAY OVER THEM and ANOINT THEM WITH OIL in the name of the Lord.~~~~~
15 [[[[[And the PRAYER offered in faith will make the sick person well;]]]]] the Lord will RAISE them up.***If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.***
16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and PRAY for each other so that you may be healed.[[[[[The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.]]]]]
THE PRAYER OF A RIGHTEOUS PERSON IS POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE.
Elders....it doesn't say apostles....
laughing. you are getting schooled good today. read 1 Peter 5:1.

#409205 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
14 Is anyone among you sick?~~~~~Let them call the ELDERS of the church to PRAY OVER THEM and ANOINT THEM WITH OIL in the name of the Lord.~~~~~
15 [[[[[And the PRAYER offered in faith will make the sick person well;]]]]] the Lord will RAISE them up.***If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.***
16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and PRAY for each other so that you may be healed.[[[[[The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.]]]]]
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT IT IS GOD'S WILL FOR A PERSON TO BE SICK?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#409206 Dec 13, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are cool with keeping ID out of the classroom, sharing public property, and keeping religious laws out of our country's laws, then we are golden! As long as you are not infringing on the rights of others, I will do my best that no one infringes on yours.
I will protest and protect your right to not be infringed upon
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409207 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually St. James doesn't say 'lifestyle', although one could make the case that living in an adulterous relationship by divorcing and re-marrying is in fact a chosen 'lifestyle'. He says 'works'. Doing good deeds...helping the poor, feeding the hungry, etc.
Yes, St. James is 'adding' works. He asks rhetorically "What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he has faith, but has not works? Shall faith be able to save him?" The answer is of course no.
No, Anthony, what he is saying is that if your walk doesn't match your talk, something is wrong. He is saying that true faith, biblical faith, PRODUCES a change in our very nature that is visable to the world. If we 'say' we haave faith; if we 'say' that we have been changed; THEN there should be evidence of that change. If we 'SAY' that we are 'Christians'(FOLLOWERS of Christ) we should be following. The WORKS(evidence of a changed life) don't save us, ONLY JESUS can do that. But the WORKS do provide evidence and lend credibilaty to our testamony.

#409208 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"

Elder: presbyter...as in the ministry of the laying on of hands. Senior citizen; retired person, etc. No difference...except that all 'seniors' are not apostles.

KM

Location hidden

#409209 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION
the Bible gives us an example of it beeing Gods will, and Jesus healed him so that he might be revealed and glorified.

dont go there, kay, that is sick. sickness is not taken out of this world and God is not to be blamed for our mistakes sometimes as Hank has just said.

people have worked in coal mines and got Black lung, a form of pneumonia. they did what they could to make a living and support their families, and probably many were and are Christians.

so just dont go there.

the Bible says that it isnt His will that any should perish, that again deals with sin, not physical healings. SIN!!!!!!
William

Lansing, MI

#409210 Dec 13, 2012
I am glad the Pope said this, even more glad he is being attacked for it. Jesus said "If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first." John 15:18 Of all the Christian denominations the Catholic Church,(not a denomination as it IS the Church Jesus started) is hated and picked on the most. As for why stay Catholic, there are many reasons but number one to me is the sacred and most Holy Eucharist. If you are Catholic and deny this, the Eucharist, you are denying Christ himself.

#409211 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy"laug hing. you are getting schooled good today. read 1 Peter 5:1.

1Pe 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

And what does that mean about whether we receive healing? Peter said: I WITNESSED the sufferings of Christ (on the cross), and I also am a partaker OF THE GLORY that shall be revealed.

Nothing about physical healing...

KayMarie

#409212 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
See from these verses:
Mark 9:1
9 And he said to them,“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before ***they ~~~SEE~~~ that the kingdom of God has come with POWER.”***
Acts 2:33
33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and ~~~has poured out what you now see and hear.~~~
SEE and HEAR....
These purposes, as the promise, pertained exclusively to the apostles.
~~~
QUESTION
~~~

I ASK YOU THREE TIMES AND NOW i AS YOU AGAIN

SINCE YOU EVIDENTLY HAVE NO ANSWER I WILL ANSWER MY QUESTION FOR YOUR..

Do you believe that IT GLORIFIES GOD for a person to be sick.

-->IF you believe that it is GOD'S WILL for a person to be sick?

THEN IT WOULD BE A SIN TO GO TO THE DOCTOR...WOULD IT NOT?

It would be going against the will of God.

~~~~~~~~

IF YOUR SICKNESS GLORIFIES GOD...SHOULD YOU NOT ASK GOD

TO MAKE YOU SICKER

SO YOU CAN GLORIFY HIM MORE....INSTEAD OF CALLING FOR PRAYER...
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409213 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no, topix allows cussing, at least on other forums, so I would suspect they would on this forum also.oddjg wrote this to karen. on june 27.
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You are the best at making up stories about everyone and everything. If a lie was a penny you would be a multi-millionaire. You know when you hid behind another name like a little bxxxx.
(I X'd THAT LAST WORD OUT.Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
and that wasnt all that he said. as I have said many times, 4bdn issued John a perverted invitation(and If I used the word as to what he is, topix would censor that), and not only did I call him on it but Karen did also.but some of your friends stayed on the sidelines and were afraid to say anything to him
So lets all go back a year ago and see if we can find something to attack. That is all you are about PERCY. You are really pathetic. Old JG is not even here any more an yet you continue to attack and condemn. To what avail? Does that make you feel like less of a worm?

#409214 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy" the Bible gives us an example of it beeing Gods will, and Jesus healed him so that he might be revealed and glorified.
dont go there, kay, that is sick. sickness is not taken out of this world and God is not to be blamed for our mistakes sometimes as Hank has just said.
people have worked in coal mines and got Black lung, a form of pneumonia. they did what they could to make a living and support their families, and probably many were and are Christians.
so just dont go there.
the Bible says that it isnt His will that any should perish, that again deals with sin, not physical healings. SIN!!!!!!

'not His will that any should perish (die)'. Part of my training was going to visit an 86 year old man who was having part of his stomach removed due to cancer. Ordinarily under such circumstances we plan a funeral. I did what I thought at the time; I tried to comfort his daughter with the 'he has lived a good, long life'.

She was furious with me. She declared, "The Bible says that 'it was once appointed unto man to die', but IT DOES NOT SAY THAT HE HAS TO BE SICK TO DIE.

The old man lived a number of years after that. Her prayers were effective.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#409215 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible gives us an example of it beeing Gods will, and Jesus healed him so that he might be revealed and glorified.
so just dont go there.
GOD's will doesnt enter into the factor of illnesses.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

so with this verse, it indicates that illness and sickness will be with us until that time when God comes back.

Godly people are not immune to sickness and pain, and to indicate otherwise plays into the hand of the devil.

#409216 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible gives us an example of it beeing Gods will, and Jesus healed him so that he might be revealed and glorified.
so just dont go there.
~~~
WARNING ...YOU ARE TREADING UPON DANGEROUS GROUND...

Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

YOU KEEP YOUR GAINSAYING UP ----UNTIL YOU DENY THE HEALING THAT YOU HAVE CLAIMED, TO RECEIVE.

AND ....YOU ARE JUST LIABLE TO FIND YOURSELF BACK AT SQUARE ONE..
OR EVEN WORSE...

JESUS WORDS WERE..

Joh_5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Location hidden

#409217 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So lets all go back a year ago and see if we can find something to attack. That is all you are about PERCY. You are really pathetic. OddJG is not even here any more an yet you continue to attack and condemn. To what avail? Does that make you feel like less of a worm?
lol, sorry, but she needed to see an example of his filth.

I do wish that I could back back and find your invitation to john concerning your peverted invitation,

BUT YOU AINT WORTH IT. I KNOW YOU SAID IT SO I DONT HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING TO MYSELF ABOUT YOU.LOL.

and how do you know that oddjg isnt here anymore?

were you trolling as him?

I wouldnt be surprised. and maybe you are now BOB doing the same thing?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#409218 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, KayMarie, as an apostle,(if you believe you are an apostle or think they exist today) do you/anyone else have the POWER to raise the dead???
As an apostle, do you/anyone else have the POWER to heal the sick???
We can always ask Apostle Percy he surely would know. Shoot he might even can walk on water to let's ask him OK !!!

Location hidden

#409219 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
WARNING ...YOU ARE TREADING UPON DANGEROUS GROUND...
warniong. dont b e so stupid.

find me ONE verse where it says that it isnt His will for us to be sick.

BETTER PEOPLE THAN YOU HAVE BEEN SICK AND DIED.MY MOM , FOR INSTANCE, A WOMAN LIKE YOU HAVE PROVEN TO BE COULDNT CARRY HER BIBLE WITHOUT GETTING IT FILTHY. THAT IS THE CONTEMPT THAT I HAVE FOR YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND.

I was there the night she cried out to me that she wanted to go Home, and it wasnt to her house either.

and I got Gods word on how and what kind of Person that she was.

for He said to me" if you are half(getting Blessed now) as faithful to me as your mom, I will be pleased.

all of her life that I spent with her, NOT ONE TIME DID I SEE HER LIE.

AND YOU HAVE ONLY BEEN ON HERE A FEW MONTHS AND HAVE BEEN CAUGHT IN SEVERAL WHOPPERS.

SO DONT WARN ME!WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN SINFUL NATURE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 min barry 84,404
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 21 hr Mr Sir 9,679
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web