Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,332
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#409165 Dec 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="atemcowboy" get real!!!you have read the words of Orville, oddjg and 4bdn, and acccording to them are far above us poor followers of Jesus
I've been on here for months and I've seen no four letter words from any of them. Bob gets away with it by adding a couple of letters; otherwise Topix would stop it.
KayMarie
no, topix allows cussing, at least on other forums, so I would suspect they would on this forum also.oddjg wrote this to karen. on june 27.

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You are the best at making up stories about everyone and everything. If a lie was a penny you would be a multi-millionaire. You know when you hid behind another name like a little bxxxx.
(I X'd THAT LAST WORD OUT.Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!

and that wasnt all that he said. as I have said many times, 4bdn issued John a perverted invitation(and If I used the word as to what he is, topix would censor that), and not only did I call him on it but Karen did also.but some of your friends stayed on the sidelines and were afraid to say anything to him
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409166 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"
In other words, KayMarie, as an apostle,(if you believe you are an apostle or think they exist today) do you/anyone else have the POWER to raise the dead???
As an apostle, do you/anyone else have the POWER to heal the sick???
Apostles exist today. They do have the power to heal the sick, and raise the dead. It happens, not as much as it ought, because WE DO NOT EXERCISE that sort of faith. I have seen it.
Heb. 11:1 Now faith IS the substance of things hoped for (expected is a better translation); the EVIDENCE of things not seen.
KayMarie
OK...if there are apostles today that have the POWER to heal the sick....

Why do we have HEALTH INSURANCE???

Why do we have NURSES???

Why do we have DOCTORS???

Why do we have EMS workers with ambulances???

Why do we still have HOSPITALS???

Why are there still diseases???

Today, it is the POWER OF PRAYER and God's will...not apostles....

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#409167 Dec 13, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you still haven't answered my question. Did mommy and daddy take you to the presbyteruan church and that's when someone at the church said something to upset you?
What is a presbyteruan church?

If you mean a presbyterian church, then yes, my parent took me to a presbyterian church from birth up to 17.

I actually attended a pretty cool church! Hell, my town was pretty cool! Every once in a while, my Sunday school class would visit other churches and synagogues. While many parents of that era would forbid their children to play with other children outside their faith or race, my town encourage quite the opposite! I thought the entire USA was that way, until I was old enough to watch the news.

Anyway, you wanted to know what upset me and I am sure that I made that quite clear. Very little in the bible is fact.

From the 6 day creation to the devil being locked in the pit of hell and all modern christians can do is rationalize why events in the bible do not match reality.

Location hidden

#409168 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my....have you been misled....
sorry, hank in this instance, gotta agree with her and if as I said, you were in a church that follows the Bible, you also could see it.

what is right, is right, no matter who says it.

if God says that He changes not, why wouldnt He do the same things for us now as he did then? does He have less Power now? of course not.Does He loves us less that He did then, of course not.

why dont YOU see miracles in your church? Jesus gave the answer if you only Look. I am not going to give it to you.a great article.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409169 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"

I have two brothers who were raised from the dead. I have been INSTANTLY healed from broken bones (on crutches), and I've seen many other things. The God of the Bible can still roll back the Red Sea and the Jordan River.

KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#409170 Dec 13, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that there is no empirical evidence for the existence of God. This indeed is true.No problem.I am also cool protexting your rights to not be intruded upon by my beliefs.
If you are cool with keeping ID out of the classroom, sharing public property, and keeping religious laws out of our country's laws, then we are golden! As long as you are not infringing on the rights of others, I will do my best that no one infringes on yours.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#409171 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Anthony,
I am NOT a faith alone believer....
It is...FAITH WITHOUT WORKS is DEAD.....
"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."
Any declaration of faith that does NOT result in a changed life and good works giving God the Glory is a false declaration: A dead faith!
Is the Pope Catholic?

Location hidden

#409172 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.....
I get you....lol......and no I don't attend that kind of a church....
I want KayMarie to tell me if she understands the differences/qualifications between an apostle and a disciple.....
I am not rolling on the floor...lol...
she has already told you Hank. but I can reiterate her words if you prefer.

those men who followed were at first students, and then they graduated. simple can be.

you are trying to make it more difficult than what God has made it.we who have those offices are nothing special. we are just officers.period!

#409173 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy" no, topix allows cussing, at least on other forums, so I would suspect they would on this forum also.oddjg wrote this to karen. on june 27.
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:

Really? You are the best at making up stories about everyone and everything. If a lie was a penny you would be a multi-millionaire. You know when you hid behind another name like a little bxxxx.
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
and that wasnt all that he said. as I have said many times, 4bdn issued John a perverted invitation(and If I used the word as to what he is, topix would censor that), and not only did I call him on it but Karen did also.but some of your friends stayed on the sidelines and were afraid to say anything to him

I don't approve of any foul language...by anyone. If Topix allows that, why would they not let me copy a word from a Bible dictionary?
(n...gg...ardly)

KayMarie

Location hidden

#409174 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do we have NURSES???
lol, so WHO ddo you think gve these nurses and doctors the intellignece to do these jobs.

the answer is simple GOD.

we have diseases because we have them, no simple answer.even tho this answer will not be accepted by gif and his wife, jesus died for our sins, not any physical healings, since He healed PEOPLE BEFORE HE DIED.

AND I HOPE NEITHER OF THEM CALL ME ON THIS BECAUSE I DONT WISH TO ACT LIKE I AM MUCH SMARTER THAT THEY ARE WITH THEIR 125 YEARS OF STUDYING

#409175 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"
Why do we have NURSES???

Because we don't exercise FAITH. I don't do it enough, but it WORKS.
I started to the hospital in an ambulance last June. The pain was unbearable. The EMT was doing an EKG on me. I began to sing ALOUD, How Great Thou Art. The EMT's joined in with me, and after one verse, my pain was gone. The EMT doing the EKG said that the EKG showed when the pain left.

You are encouraging me to 'work the works of Him Who sent me'. John 6:29 "THIS is the WORK of God, that you BELIEVE on Him Who sent ME.
Apostles learn that faith never gives up...and FAITH WORKS BY LOVE. If you are bitter and unforgiving, you hinder your faith.

KayMarie

#409176 Dec 13, 2012
P.S. Forgot to say that I was having a heart attack.

KM

Location hidden

#409177 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy" no, topix allows cussing, at least on other forums, so I would suspect they would on this forum also.oddjg wrote this to karen. on june 27.
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
I don't approve of any foul language...by anyone. If Topix allows that, why would they not let me copy a word from a Bible dictionary?
(n...gg...ardly)
KayMarie
I have no idea unles we are held to stricter rules. I know what word that you are talking about. I saw it but I stopped short of it because I did think that that would not pass.and with 4bdn, I cant use a word that starts with ho, but I can say that it was perverted what he said to john.

on one forum, a poster called another poster a B, which infers that he is illegitimate, and he wasnt censored.what should have been done is that people should hit abuse on bob and oddjg and get them kicked off. these kinds of people have no business on a religious forum.imo.

I believe in free speech, but when filth goes from their mouth to my ear, they have went to far.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409178 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, hank in this instance, gotta agree with her and if as I said, you were in a church that follows the Bible, you also could see it.
what is right, is right, no matter who says it.
if God says that He changes not, why wouldnt He do the same things for us now as he did then? does He have less Power now? of course not.Does He loves us less that He did then, of course not.
why dont YOU see miracles in your church? Jesus gave the answer if you only Look. I am not going to give it to you.a great article.
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid...
You can agree with her...it is fine.....

I didn't saying healing has stopped....

That is dealing with the POWER OF PRAYER and God's will...

What I am saying is there is NOT one man on this earth that has the POWERS that the apostles possessed....

Why am I wasting money on HEALTH INSURANCE???

and all the other questions that I asked KayMarie....

If there are apostles today that have that kind of POWER, I would have moved HEAVEN and EARTH to obtain that person to SAVE my MOTHER and NEPHEW from death???

The POWER today is in PRAYER and if it is God's will....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409179 Dec 13, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that any different to what James says?
So you're not really 'faith alone' are you?

#409180 Dec 13, 2012
onfrinting with the word wrote:
who="Truth"
In other words, KayMarie, as an apostle,(if you believe you are an apostle or think they exist today) do you/anyone else have the POWER to raise the dead???
As an apostle, do you/anyone else have the POWER to heal the sick???
Apostles exist today. They do have the power to heal the sick, and raise the dead. It happens, not as much as it ought, because WE DO NOT EXERCISE that sort of faith. I have seen it.
Heb. 11:1 Now faith IS the substance of things hoped for (expected is a better translation); the EVIDENCE of things not seen.
KayMarie

~~~

So you say that the Bible has lied... Right?

For you.... God might as well not exist...

are you sure you are not and atheist?

What is it in the bible... that you don't deny? anyway

First You deny the existence of the Holy Ghost power today and believe that God evicted Him from the church..

Now you deny the that there are men today that are

gifts to the church...

1Co_12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Heb 4:2 For unto us also it hath been declared in like manner as unto them. But the word of hearing did not profit them, not being mixed with faith of those things they heard.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409181 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"
I have two brothers who were raised from the dead. I have been INSTANTLY healed from broken bones (on crutches), and I've seen many other things. The God of the Bible can still roll back the Red Sea and the Jordan River.
KayMarie
How were your brothers raised from the dead???

#409182 Dec 13, 2012
who="atemcowboy"lol, so WHO ddo you think gve these nurses and doctors the intellignece to do these jobs.
the answer is simple GOD.
we have diseases because we have them, no simple answer.even tho this answer will not be accepted by gif and his wife, jesus died for our sins, not any physical healings, since He healed PEOPLE BEFORE HE DIED.
AND I HOPE NEITHER OF THEM CALL ME ON THIS BECAUSE I DONT WISH TO ACT LIKE I AM MUCH SMARTER THAT THEY ARE WITH THEIR 125 YEARS OF STUDYING

Isaiah and Peter both say, "By His stripes we WERE/ARE HEALED.

KM
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409183 Dec 13, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she has already told you Hank. but I can reiterate her words if you prefer.
those men who followed were at first students, and then they graduated. simple can be.
you are trying to make it more difficult than what God has made it.we who have those offices are nothing special. we are just officers.period!
See from these verses:

Mark 9:1

9 And he said to them,“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before ***they ~~~SEE~~~ that the kingdom of God has come with POWER.”***

Acts 2:33

33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and ~~~has poured out what you now see and hear.~~~

SEE and HEAR....

These purposes, as the promise, pertained exclusively to the apostles.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409184 Dec 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Would you say that pasting salacious stories about Catholics on this board is an example of 'good deeds/works'?
Thanks. I needed to look that word up, anyway. It comes from the same 'root' as 'salt'...which happens to be healing, cleansing, and brings out the flavor of truth, as well as food.
I haven't posted anything but the truth.
KayMarie
So you think Jesus would approve of me posting these kinds of stories about pentecostal ministers? I don't think He would.

Repentance is foreign to you isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 19 hr Cat74 11
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 21 hr kent 83,896
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web